8.6

1. Jul 30, 2013
    Finally, I found a Wii game that I love! I'm an adult and I haven't yet played through all the features this game has to offer, especially outside of the story mode, but just from my initial week's experience of playing this game for hours in the evening at a time, so far this game is such a keeper! Definitely more for adults and teens than young children, as reading and thinking is required. This game is cool because the cut scenes do not get in the way of overall game play. You can skip, or actually sit back and enjoy them as you're doing tasks. I also love this game is not mini-game oriented. You feel like you play in a big overall quest, and complete objectives to get to something greater. Graphics are cute, and not overwhelming, but not cheap either. Music is excellent!!! Best I've ever heard from any Wii game I've played so far. Why? You hear good woodwind instruments in upbeat catchy tunes. How often does that happen anymore? I rest my case on that, but anyway the voice acting is also quite good and makes you become more compelled to the otherwise silly characters. I love that this game is not gore-filled and violent. It is not a non-violent game, but it does a good job to keep it mild. And overall, the game has lots of content that keeps you wanting to play. You don't start with ships right away, but you get them eventually, and even battle ones you can put soldiers on! It takes quite some time to learn how the wii controls work for an army or in steering your ships clear of the enemies. You definitely need to have a well working wii remote in order to enjoy this game. But, I am very impressed! It's sort of like a Sim City game where the goal is to raise a strong population, and the discovery element is when you unlock parts on a map to get to new places. I don't think the name of this game is quite appropriate and does right justice for it. You discover things as you go along in this game, but overall, especially in story mode, you do a lot of defending and saving. Please help the people from starving, from being attacked, etc. Maybe Save the Village would be a more accurate, although probably less marketable name. I would say it has enough content worthy of a $20 purchase, however, I was lucky and found it at my local store for quite a bargain! Expand

Ubisoft has delivered a game that’s been thoughtfully designed around the strengths of Nintendo’s system, delivering an experience that retains the essence and depth of the long-running series while streamlining it to offer a pacier, more accessible twist on the familiar formula, replacing unnecessary complexity with gameplay breadth.
  2. It’s well executed and breezy, but not without its flaws.
    By means of a good control system, a profound gameplay, and a good looking presentation, the game proves to be a perfect example of how well the RTS-genre can work on the Wii.