Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast Wii

6.8

1. AlexandreB.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Not Good, but not bad, it'S an okay game. I had fun with this game but.. that's it.
  2. DanielY.
    Jan 27, 2008
    This game is simply under-rated. It does not deserve the poor scores it has been given overall. Gameplay is fun and there's plenty to do. It may not offer the Wii's best graphics but, to be honest, i don't think it's trying to. It may not be a 'hardcore game' but it's a great family game and is best enjoyed with more than one player.
  3. RussellC.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Actually was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. As a family game it is pretty decent, especially for those, who like me, have younger kids at home. It doesn't punish you for touching the side of the track, which makes it easier for everyone to play together. The characters were fun and the courses were probably a bit too long, but the short-cuts and helpers (mine cart, rhino, Actually was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. As a family game it is pretty decent, especially for those, who like me, have younger kids at home. It doesn't punish you for touching the side of the track, which makes it easier for everyone to play together. The characters were fun and the courses were probably a bit too long, but the short-cuts and helpers (mine cart, rhino, dolphin) make for a good challenge. Frame rate has some issues on the water level, which hurts the multiplayer experience. Overall, I think it is a very solid family game, but certainly not a gamer's game. Since most of the "professional reviewers" are gamers and not family people, it's worth getting a different angle. For the right group, like my family, it's a game we sunk a fun 20 hours into over the week I rented it. Expand
  4. Jul 3, 2016
    Really strange and this game has bad controls. This game is one of the worse racers I have ever seen. Graphics look like the gamecube even thought this game came out on the wii. This game sucks.

#67 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#53 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. games(TM)
    Despite all of its problems, you’ll almost certainly have a great deal of fun playing Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race. [JPN Import; Sept 2007, p.118]
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    A game so bad, it brings shame upon Donkey Kong and his entire family. [JPN Import; Oct 2007, p.60]
  3. Nintendo Power
    To Barrel Blast's credit, it looks like there was a concerted effort to make the game look better--a smooth frame rate and some nice effects spruce up an otherwise mundane racer. [Nov 2007, p.99]