Evasive Space Wii

tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. ShawnLaib
    Feb 24, 2009
    I was really, really excited about Evasive Space when I first saw the screenshots and trailer and was glad that it was finally released. Sadly, the game's controls are unique but frustrating and the game is really short. In other words, I was very, very disappointed. I liked the game more as I played it but it wasn't nearly as good as I was expecting it to be.

There's definitely some winning elements to the title, but you will too often find yourself frustrated by the blatantly manufactured obstacles that block your ship from the goal and bring the momentum of the experience to a screeching halt.
    It's by no means awful, as it's smartly-designed for what it is, but it asks for a certain amount of dedication that those who don't have an affinity for early '80s arcade hits may not have.
  3. Nothing more than an average, overpriced WiiWare offering. It certainly has a few good ideas up its sleeve, but due to the pitiful controls the positive aspects are pushed to the background. It is a shame to see an otherwise enjoyable game ruined by an awful control scheme; even more so when you consider that this issue could have been solved by adding other interface options, such as support for the Nunchuk or Classic Controller.