• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Dec 12, 2006
  • Also On: PC
5.4

1. Mar 6, 2013
    A painful compilation of bad controls, abysmally stupid enemy AI, and awful graphics. Far Cry Vengeance barely delivers what most people would consider a "finished game".
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    Hate this game. Worst game that has ever eked its way into my brain. Graphics: terrible, Gameplay: unrealistically terrible, story: equivalent to a pile of vomit behind a couch.
  3. JohnL.
    Dec 14, 2006
    I'm very disappointed. I already posted about how it complains and stops game play when I sit a certain distance from the screen. This is the 1st game to do this and I have quite a few. Also the graphics are quite poor and frame rate is jumpy at times. Cut scenes are extremely low quality. AI is laughable to the point where you can sometimes shoot one enemy and his buddies just stand around and don't even notice. Zelda is a beautiful game that shows what the Wii is capable of. Far Cry looks just like a bad xbox port rushed out the door for xmas. Collapse

The presentation – everything from the dozens of graphics shortcomings to the sometimes broken AI logic – is just too sloppy and too rushed in this quick-and-dirty Wii incarnation of the classic franchise. A fundamentally solid shooter is hiding somewhere underneath, but good luck finding it between the blurry textures and the sluggish framerate.
  2. The Far Cry series is built largely upon its ability to absorb you in its sun-drenched vistas; subtract that high level of immersion, and you're left with an otherwise unremarkable first-person shooter. [Feb. 2007, p.93]
    The real problem here is the complete disregard for performance. The frame rate drops so frequently that the game is nearly rendered completely unplayable. I can't even imagine how this got through a certification phase prior to release.