FIFA Soccer 08 Wii

6.2

1. FrankS.
    Nov 2, 2007
    Impossible controls, not compatible with wii classic controller,crap graphics.
  2. MarkL.
    Nov 2, 2007
    Clunky, touchy, unresponsive controls verge on being broken. Maybe I just don't have the patience for the steep learning curve. Great dept with all the players and teams. Online is a good idea but there is a lag that makes it unplayable.
  3. WiiT,
    Nov 1, 2007
    The worst FIFA version for years. Incredibly hard to learn the controls. No-one wants to master a game in 5 minutes but this is just frustrating. A shame there is no option to use the classic controller. Does not bother me that there is no proper season mode because i wont be playing it again.
  4. RobertG.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Suprising Depth, fantastic controls. I'm amazed at how great this is, it looked very cartoony to me before I actually played it. Best Nintendo Baseball game to date.
  5. DanielC.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Game is pretty awesome, only MAJOR problem is that it doesn't have a season/manager mode! If you can live without that, then go pick this game up now.
  6. RatherNotSay
    Oct 11, 2007
    A huge improvement on previous iterations, thanks mainly to the innovative control method, that whilst not being 100% accurate makes up for it with the sheer joy of slamming the ball in the back of the net. EA get Wii online play spot on, despite Nintendo doing all they can to ruin it. There are some persistent irritations that never seem to be resolved, but for the first time in a long A huge improvement on previous iterations, thanks mainly to the innovative control method, that whilst not being 100% accurate makes up for it with the sheer joy of slamming the ball in the back of the net. EA get Wii online play spot on, despite Nintendo doing all they can to ruin it. There are some persistent irritations that never seem to be resolved, but for the first time in a long time Pro Evolution has a real battle on it's hands to reclaim top spot. Expand
  7. NikoM.
    Oct 14, 2007
    Using WII remote for shooting the ball?? I was expecting something more.
  8. M.G.
    Dec 27, 2007
    Non responsive controls. I am very dissapointed. I wish I could return it.
  9. NeilC.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Absolutely dreadful game. Non responsive control of your players result in this being a frustrating game rather than an enjoyable one. If you want to spend hours and hours waving your controller like a madman then maybe you will enjoy a modicum of success, otherwise, leave this well alone.
  10. R.M.
    Oct 15, 2007
    I am returning it. I don't get the feeling I'm controlling the players. The defenders literally jump out of the way of the forward, but then someone manages to get the ball away. i guess you need a lot of practice. Maybe it's the wii controls, but the play is better with proEvolution. If you want to play a season, you can pick your team and just transfer anyone you want to I am returning it. I don't get the feeling I'm controlling the players. The defenders literally jump out of the way of the forward, but then someone manages to get the ball away. i guess you need a lot of practice. Maybe it's the wii controls, but the play is better with proEvolution. If you want to play a season, you can pick your team and just transfer anyone you want to be on it. You only play maybe a five minute game and if you get bored of playing, the computer will generate an "random" score for you. the foosball table mini-game is kind of cool. unsatisfying. Expand
  11. RogerG.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Really dissappointed. Previous iterations had a full on season mode where you could manage the team and try to qualify for chapions league. This version has no management mode whatsoever. All you can do is play country saesons or cups on their own. Whats the biggest outrage is not being able to choose international teams in tournament mode. Totally illogical. So you can only play Really dissappointed. Previous iterations had a full on season mode where you could manage the team and try to qualify for chapions league. This version has no management mode whatsoever. All you can do is play country saesons or cups on their own. Whats the biggest outrage is not being able to choose international teams in tournament mode. Totally illogical. So you can only play international friendlies. Online mode is promissing, hold out for pro evo if you're a true footie fan however. Expand
  12. AndrewE.
    Dec 30, 2007
    A good game let down purely for the fact that you cant create a league or cup with international teams this ea is an outrage shame shame.
  13. TonyT.
    Dec 6, 2007
    At first this game may feel weak and lifeless. Yes it is a tired port with no manager mode and yes the controlls can feel hard at times. But give this game a few days/weeks and it kicks in. Everything falls nicely into place, with wii extras and a very good online mode.
  14. Feb 4, 2014
    Why is this game getting such low scores ?

#37 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007

1. EA's football series makes a moderately successful debut on the Wii, with family-friendly control and some neat minigames.
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    Patience and perseverance are required. [Dec 2007, p.]
  3. Wii Sports demonstrated just how much depth can be wrung out of the simplest of mechanics like swinging the Remote. FIFA 08’s approach is almost the opposite, offering a huge variety of gestures that only superficially interact with the game. FIFA is a solid game, but this Wii port makes it harder than it should be to enjoy the strengths of the core design.