7.7

1. Aug 3, 2011
    I really wanted to like this game, honestly I expected to love it, but it has so many flaws I couldn't help but hate it, first off this feels more like a Call of Duty game than a James Bond one, and while there are several control options of the ones I had the options of using all were flawed, which is sad because I had always thought that the controls would have worked really well with the Wii controller, but they don't, having to drag the reticle around the screen to turn hurts your reaction time, so I used the GameCube controller most of the game which had some responsiveness issues, I've never played the N64 version, but I have seen the movie, and this is definitely a re-imagining of the movies plot made to fit more with the Daniel Craig interpretation of Bond, so you'll notice twist on familiar characters or moments from the movie, the graphics are decent for a Wii game, and the voice acting is awesome, the guns in this game aren't really enjoyable, some are completely overpowered, I was able to drop an enemy with one shot halfway across the map with one shot with 90% of the shotguns, other weapons feel completely useless, and the campaign also contains a tank driving level which was the most fun part of the campaign, and I actually found that the tank controlled a little bit easier with the Wii controller and Nun-chuck, also it does have multiplayer but the control problems are also here, and the maps aren't really impressive, there also isn't any voice chat option, but that's a minor disappointment, honestly I really thought I was going to love this game, but I can't recommend this to anyone, avoid at all costs. Expand
  2. Jan 26, 2013
    I wanted to love this ... I didn't. First, the re-imaging is hard for me -- I don't believe in re-writing history. Second, the controls are dreadfully bad-- still don't know what people are talking about. Just move along, there's unfortunately nothing to see here ...
  3. Apr 23, 2013
    Having bought this game for only £10 I thought it would be a great addition to my new nintendo wii collection, even if it was a poor game it would still be worth £10... Right? Well I have to say sadly I am wrong, don't get me wrong the campaign seems alright and follows the movie script pretty close, however if like me you want a good online shooter then this game is just awful!

One
    thing that gets me is that the game can't decide what it wants to be, either CoD or N64 Goldeneye, then tries to be a mix of both and ends up feeling all wrong! It uses the CoD health system (in which your health regenerates) and yet tries to give it self more of a gun and run feel, I can't help but think this game should have brought back the old health pack and body armor way of FPShooters.

The thing that most annoys me about this game is the stupid connection or lag the seems to plague my system... and by the look of some of the reviews I'd think it was only mine, till i reliese its purely down to host connection. I can't tell you how many times I have emptied an entire clip on someone only to hit them once or twice (With burst fire BTW) then have them turn around and waste me! All the guns other then shotgun are junk, meaning that the people who pick the shotgun with more often then not prosper, to be fair thou there is such a lack of guns in this game its unreal, its like the makers of the game wanted to keep true to the 64 game that this game mocks just by being one minute and then be modern the next with weapon scoping... What with like 5 guns!

I hate the way that when you scope the game locks on to someone, however because no one in there right mind would stay still... especially after taking a few hits it really ends up doing more harm then good, Very frustrating.

No Wii speak, No way of keeping in touch with people you meet on like, no fun to be had. Only saving grace is that there is still always a game to be had, but for the price you would be silly to not get CoD Black Ops if you want a Wii FPS

1. Feb 28, 2011
    No matter if you are a fan of the old-school classic GoldenEye or playing for the very first time, the Wii has its best FPS to date in GoldenEye 007.
  2. Feb 6, 2011
    If CoD is you thing, you'll get loads of value from this. [Christmas 2010, p.62]
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    GoldenEye doesn't tarnish the original and doesn't try to be a carbon copy either, but it is hindered by problems which were always going to be hard to surmount. If you're panging for a bit of Bond and something to play with friends round, you could do a lot worse than what is a fine revival of a classic.