6.7

1. ScottW
    Oct 3, 2009
    I just love this game. it's a very addicting step-up for guitar hero World Tour and Number Three. I especially love it on the Wii because of the fact that i won't be kicked off for hours!
  2. Ukemi
    Sep 16, 2009
    This game keeps the GH formula and has a well-rounded soundtrack, but experienced players will find it far too easy. I mean, on GH: World Tour, I played on Hard. On GH5, I can finish songs on Expert with over 95% accuracy. I've never been able to do this before. No, I haven't been getting better: this is the developer trying to flog their now-everybody-can-play-guitar-hero This game keeps the GH formula and has a well-rounded soundtrack, but experienced players will find it far too easy. I mean, on GH: World Tour, I played on Hard. On GH5, I can finish songs on Expert with over 95% accuracy. I've never been able to do this before. No, I haven't been getting better: this is the developer trying to flog their now-everybody-can-play-guitar-hero campaign. Developers, look: we don't care anymore. Hardcore GH players don't want you to make it family friendly ONLY. Sure, it's a nice touch, but why did they have to sacrifice the challenge? Also... the gameplay just feels... sluggish... and padded. Like a children's toy, so they don't hurt themselves. An annoying depreciation in value on an otherwise good franchise, but it's the worst GH game in years. Expand
  3. JoshH
    Oct 15, 2009
    Plenty of songs, plus the music store really gives the series the boost they need. However, the experienced players will find the game all too easy. It's a real shame. There are two or three songs that will challenge the pros, but otherwise they'll just be adding more and more songs to their high scores.
  4. DerekH
    Oct 16, 2009
    The Good: 4 players can play anything. I've tried 2 mics on the wii... three guitars playing guitar (not bass). Its a lot of fun and makes you wish you could do it on the old games. Also party mode is cool, instantly swap people or skill levels while playing. The Bad: Song choices are horrible. Stick to one type of music. You'll find 5 songs max that you will like. They have The Good: 4 players can play anything. I've tried 2 mics on the wii... three guitars playing guitar (not bass). Its a lot of fun and makes you wish you could do it on the old games. Also party mode is cool, instantly swap people or skill levels while playing. The Bad: Song choices are horrible. Stick to one type of music. You'll find 5 songs max that you will like. They have completely ruined the career mode. There is no point, no game feel of unlocking songs or beating the game. All there is, is the party mode. This game was barely worth $50 and i got van halen for free (old bundle deal) and also download a few of the old songs from world tour. Expand
  5. AdamT.
    Sep 16, 2009
    Brilliant game, and a great progression for the series. The Party Play mode just plays through the songs until someone wants to rock out...that is just AWESOME because the setlist can just run the background and create party ambience. I didn't buy the Guitar bundle, so can't comment on Tony's issue, however I have tour World Tour guitars and both Whammy's work Brilliant game, and a great progression for the series. The Party Play mode just plays through the songs until someone wants to rock out...that is just AWESOME because the setlist can just run the background and create party ambience. I didn't buy the Guitar bundle, so can't comment on Tony's issue, however I have tour World Tour guitars and both Whammy's work perfectly. Also, I am pretty sure Van Halen doesn't come out till October or November...that might explain the reason you don't get it immediately. Expand
  6. TonyM.
    Sep 2, 2009
    The game is good the guitar is not. Unbelievably! I
  7. JermyC.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Really Overall good game guitar hero finally got it right and made a game the evryone likes oh and one thing Tony m. in a dumb ass all of the guitar jero guitars do that its not that big of a deal the wammy dosent even affect points in gh5 if you don't like the damn wammy bar just dont fricken use it
  8. Sep 29, 2010
    In my opinion, Guitar Hero games on the Wii nowadays are mostly superior to there Hi-Def counterparts and 5 is no exception. With features that even the 360 and PS3 beg and don't have, superior online play and a completely accessible interface, it is recommended that you get 5 for the Wii only. It is a completely different experience.
  9. Mar 21, 2011
    This is a great game and I love to play it! It has a wide variety of selections to satisfy gamegoers of all ages! I would recommend this to all people because it can be likened to all tastes!
  10. Sep 17, 2011
    More of the same anual decent games Activison publish, Guitar Hero 5 is nothing new, inovative, original or incredible to see in the moment. Lacking, vague and dumb, boring. My scoop at the tracks didn't seem to be in the right position to surprise me, few songs can atract the casual people. I'm not interested in this band, sorry GH I bought the wrong ticket of your concert.
  11. Aug 2, 2011
    Although it's not quite as good as the previously installment, GUITAR HERO 5 is very fun. It has 85 songs in total, and for the first time the player does not need to enter and complete Career Mode to unlock all the songs--you can just go into Quickplay and play any song as a group. However, a handful of these songs are not as recognizable. Sure, there's a lot of classic rock--aAlthough it's not quite as good as the previously installment, GUITAR HERO 5 is very fun. It has 85 songs in total, and for the first time the player does not need to enter and complete Career Mode to unlock all the songs--you can just go into Quickplay and play any song as a group. However, a handful of these songs are not as recognizable. Sure, there's a lot of classic rock--a surprising amount for a Guitar Hero game--but it seems the songs that aren't classic rock, hip-hop, or heavy metal are not recognizable. Expand
  12. Dec 30, 2014
    The advanced music editor is great and the game is fun with friends, but Guitar Hero 5 is made worse by its poor song selection, its lack of variety in the career mode, and its glitches.
  13. Apr 17, 2015
    My first impression of this installment of the game is that it's a lot like Band Hero. It's gameplay, menus, graphics, all of that make it seem like a clone of the preceding game.

1. So, to recap: There's a crisper and more friendly GUI. There's a new wide selection of mostly great songs. You have loads of freedom to come and go from the stage as you please AND its backwards-compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour.
  2. The presentation hasn't changed much and the gameplay still revolves around the same note hitting formula, but if you love music (and who doesn't), you can't afford to miss this latest jam.
    While Guitar Hero 5 doesn't re-invent the wheel (or the guitar, for that matter) it does offer up a bounty of new rockin' features that puts it above a "yearly update." With an eclectic set list, 85 playable tracks, and some DLC content sure on it's way, GH5 will keep your fingers strumming for a good while until the next inevitable installment arrives. That is, if you can get over the creep factor of seeing Kurt Cobain in GH form.