5.0

1. Jul 27, 2011
    As a fan of the franchise, I really tried hard to like this. It had some nifty new ideas and it worked in a lot of the lore and mythos.
    But it failed miserably, both as a game and as an installment in the HP franchise.
    A terrible control scheme, game mechanics and for some reason Hermione is voiced by a woman who would sound more at home telling me iv dialed an incorrect number and to please hang up and try again.
    The character animations are laughably bad. 90% of the characters seem more interested in the space 4-5 inches above Harrys head when conversing with him and at several points, the characters mouth would merge into a giant row of teeth.

I tried, I honestly did, but if i have to hear that awful voice actor cry out 'THEY'RE AFTER US" or "STUPEFY" one more time, I'll bloody go crucio myself to feel less pain
  2. Sep 19, 2011
    This is just a terrible game. The graphics look promising and fun but the controls are just plain stupid. It's the B button to do a spell, the Z button to do a spell. Every button does a different thing. AUGH! so, frustrating!!!
  3. Nov 5, 2011
    This the first Harry Potter third person shooter, I could go on on about the shoddy controls and the samey game play, so I will: Bad Things...
    1. The controls just aren't very good, yes pointing the wiimote as the wand was an , admittedly scarce, good idea but pressing the + button whenever you want to change spells is just annoying. 2. The Spells themselves are weird. All of them are wrong. Expelliarmas doesn't disarm you opponent, in fact it does nothing. Impedimenta does not slow down your enemies. And just rub salt into the wound they give the hovering spell but there's just a teeny flaw-it does NOTHING! 3. The stealth levels, under the invisibility cloak are irritating. They switch to a first person view which means, for example, you have no ideas whether your going to get through a gap or past a certain person. 4. The voice acting here is dire. Voldemort sounds like a posh person on helium, Harry sounds like...well not Harry. Ron is the only person in fact, who sounds faintly like himself. or looks like himself which brings me onto my next problem.
    5. The graphics. When the first few games for the Wii came out they weren't good but they weren't awful either but we didn't expect much considering it was a brand new console. Now considering we're five years into it's life span there's no excuses for such crap graphics. 6. The Camera is hateful. Pointing at the edge of the screen is too slow. Surely just holding down the z button and moving the control stick would have worked better but no...
    Good Things...
    1. It can, on occasion be fun, shooting bad wizards does lift your self-esteem let me tell you. sometimes.
    And that's it. That's the end of review. You can make your own decisions on whether or not to get this game but, for the love of god, don't.
  4. Jun 2, 2012
    This game is even more stupid then the movie. All the action was dull and stupid, and every feature of the game was frustrating and idiotic. And the graphics weren't that good either. Even if you love Harry Potter (like my brother and sister) you will hate this game. This game is not nearly worth the cost, its not even worth the cost of the rental fee for a day or two. If you want a HarryThis game is even more stupid then the movie. All the action was dull and stupid, and every feature of the game was frustrating and idiotic. And the graphics weren't that good either. Even if you love Harry Potter (like my brother and sister) you will hate this game. This game is not nearly worth the cost, its not even worth the cost of the rental fee for a day or two. If you want a Harry Potter game that is still stupid, but not as stupid, i would go with Lego Harry Potter. Expand
  5. Nov 27, 2013
    A game so repetitive, so broken, and so poorly executed that it deserves only the lowest possible recommendation. This game should not be played. Rather, it should serve as a reminder of how not to turn a movie into a game, and how studios attempt to make a quick profit by copying and pasting a popular character onto a shooter that is neither fun nor satisfying. Pure and utter garbage.
  6. Nov 5, 2011
    Good Things...

1. Feb 6, 2011
    This is such a technical and conceptual mess that EA wouldn't send us a copy - we had to go out and buy it. [Christmas 2010, p.53]
  2. Dec 10, 2010
    With seven months until the release of Part 2, we can only hope that EA learn from their mistakes here and step things up for Harry's grand finale.
  3. Nov 30, 2010
    This game feels like a preliminary build rather than a finished game, and it's unenjoyable as a result.