• Publisher: Natsume
  • Release Date: Sep 30, 2008
8.2

1. Apr 11, 2012
    I've played a good chunk of the HM series and was very disappointed by this one. I'd recommend the next in line, which is kind of a TOT.2 in a way(same characters/general idea), Animal Parade, because this one kind of turned me off to the series for awhile. The graphics are rather disappointing, especially while the previous installments of the series on the GameCube impressed me more. TheI've played a good chunk of the HM series and was very disappointed by this one. I'd recommend the next in line, which is kind of a TOT.2 in a way(same characters/general idea), Animal Parade, because this one kind of turned me off to the series for awhile. The graphics are rather disappointing, especially while the previous installments of the series on the GameCube impressed me more. The controls are clunky, the sound effects get annoying--the sparse voice acting, a few lines for the player characters, are low quality and it makes me think they recorded it on a laptop microphone.. The day goes by much too fast to traverse the huge map effectively in a day(you often need to do this to buy seeds and supplies, wasting half your day)--this is remedied in Animal Parade, however. The camera is stuck in place, and sadly this is not changed in AP, either--the environments are interesting but the camera makes it so you can't appreciate them. I'm also a bit disappointing voice acting or additional features weren't added in this time around... Overall, I'm disappointed--I'd like a HM game where things like camera movement and graphics aren't sacrificed for nothing, and I'm eager to see if they make improvements in the next few games... Go buy Harvest Moon: Animal Parade instead. Expand

1. The problem is that the game feels phoned in, from the tacked-on motion controls to the scan tutorial system that assumed you've already played every other Harvest Moon game. [Oct 2008, p.90]
  2. Bottom line: if you expect nothing out of the Tree of Tranquility except the same old same old, then this will do the trick. [Oct 2008, p.106]
  3. If you are really into farming, and don’t mind the repetitive tendencies of the series, then Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility is a solid entry and definitely worth your time.