7.6

1. Aug 30, 2014
    This is actually a really fun game. I was kinda iffy on getting it but it was cheap where I got it so I chanced it. It got decent reviews and honestly I don't know why they aren't higher if only by a little. I understand, it IS a platformer and it uses the dumbest remote/controller of all time but the graphics are good, the storyline though simple is cute, and the music is pretty upbeat.This is actually a really fun game. I was kinda iffy on getting it but it was cheap where I got it so I chanced it. It got decent reviews and honestly I don't know why they aren't higher if only by a little. I understand, it IS a platformer and it uses the dumbest remote/controller of all time but the graphics are good, the storyline though simple is cute, and the music is pretty upbeat. The levels are challenging it's fun for killing time.

Would I take it over a Zelda title? Probably not because I'm a Zelda nerd... (unless it's spirit tracks, god awful abomination of the series) but it's still a pretty decent Wii title especially if you have young children around.

I would however recommend motion plus (not sure if it's required for it but it should be) because the controls are a little finicky and that improves it a bit. It would also be great if Ivy would stop running constantly as that causes more problems in the game although perhaps to add to the challenge of an otherwise simple platformer with a simple story and simple goals to reach as you progress.

It's a quick play and it's a nice game but it can quickly become frustrating as well which is why I can only give it an 8. If Ivy didn't run constantly and if you didn't have to use the stupid wii-mote (versus making the classic controller available or something) pointing at the stupid screen, it would have gotten at least a 9. There isn't much to complain about anyways and again, it'd be a great choice for a child to play...

1. Feb 1, 2011
    The latest Yuji Naka's creation is a cute action-platform that, for a very reasonably price, delivers a charming (but a little bit short) experience.
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    Thus, while it may be difficult to call Ivy The Kiwi? an innovative title, particularly because so much of the gameplay harks back to a five-year-old Nintendo DS near-launch title, Ivy's exploits are a breath of fresh air in today's gaming landscape.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    It's a charming little create-a-platformer that will endear itself to you even if – like the real article – it never truly takes flight.