Ju-on: The Grudge Wii

5.6

1. Axel
    Oct 15, 2009
    This is the best horror game I have played on the Nintendo Wii. :) Although the gameplay and controls are a bit dull, the scares and the graphics is what makes up for it. The 2nd player interactivity is awesome and so much fun to play with friends. I love the movies a lot and the game is so good and worth the price. Go reserve your copy now!
  2. Jun 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. good horror game, the problem is the longevity, only five levels. Faithful at style of the movie. Searching all objects lengthens the game experience, but is equally too short Expand
  3. GiovanniCo
    Nov 23, 2009
    great!innovative and good atmosphere, is like playing a horror game,is the evolution of old realistic fm games...terrifing
  4. StevenE
    Nov 8, 2009
    Considering that this is the only real horror game on the Wii, thus far, I say it's better than nothing. I love The Grudge movies, but mainly the first one. I hoped that some kind of game would spawn from it. Either way, I was going to make it. Still am. Yes, I agree that it could have been better, but at least it brought the memorable movie moments to the game world. I give it a 6 Considering that this is the only real horror game on the Wii, thus far, I say it's better than nothing. I love The Grudge movies, but mainly the first one. I hoped that some kind of game would spawn from it. Either way, I was going to make it. Still am. Yes, I agree that it could have been better, but at least it brought the memorable movie moments to the game world. I give it a 6 for, at least, trying. I give it an 8 for existing in the first place and having a creepy atmospheric tone. I give it a 10 has a Wii game. If it were on PS3 or Xbox 360, if wouldn't be has fun, but I would still love it. This game has now become my game choice for a traditional Halloween scare. Collapse
  5. May 12, 2012
    I actually think that this game it's a good game for wii, the graphics are not that good but it's good enough for wii, I actually like the storyline, in some situations there's some errors that need to be fixed. The only thing that is really annoying in the game is the controls, the main character moves soooooo slow and if you play this in computer it's really hard to rotate.
  6. Nov 4, 2013
    The game provides a creepy atmosphere and definitely makes you jump when it's many jumpscares appear. Ju-on: The Grudge is a very good game for the genre it's in and it's worth the $30 to play. The only downside is the gameplay sometimes distracting the player from the scary factor that the game has.
  7. May 31, 2015
    Controls are awful, but it makes up for it was exceptional atmosphere and horror.
    Shamefully underrated game, be nice if it'd get more attention, but its rareness makes that hard.
  8. KendrickS.
    Oct 16, 2009
    Ju-On:The Grudge is a very unique game for the Wii. It will scare you the first time through, no doubt. The Graphics are great. The sounds are fantastic. The controls are a little strange and non responsive sometimes, but of course, when in fear, you lose train of thought and may even become non responsive to your own body. In the end the controls fit the game in a good way. For 30 bucks, Ju-On:The Grudge is a very unique game for the Wii. It will scare you the first time through, no doubt. The Graphics are great. The sounds are fantastic. The controls are a little strange and non responsive sometimes, but of course, when in fear, you lose train of thought and may even become non responsive to your own body. In the end the controls fit the game in a good way. For 30 bucks, you get around five trips. most likely one way because theres hardly any replay value. People who love to be frightened will of course love this game. People who are afraid of the dark but wont admit will give this game a poor review. 8.5/10. Expand
  9. MarvinD
    Nov 5, 2009
    The game does a decent job of getting a scare out of the gamer as long as they're not trying to bro themselves up around every corner of the game. Given that it's claiming to be a haunted house simulator and not RE5 or Silent Hill I'd say it does a decent job at delivering a fun experience. Unfortunately people that use Silent Hill and Resident Evil as benchmarks often rip The game does a decent job of getting a scare out of the gamer as long as they're not trying to bro themselves up around every corner of the game. Given that it's claiming to be a haunted house simulator and not RE5 or Silent Hill I'd say it does a decent job at delivering a fun experience. Unfortunately people that use Silent Hill and Resident Evil as benchmarks often rip on both franchises for a lack of innovation and growth in the genre. So I guess the question is, do they want something different in the marketplace or do they want more mediocre horror games they can complain about being stagnant? Expand
  10. Jan 30, 2015
    This is one of the best horror games on the Wii. The graphics are high end for the Wii, and the sound effects are cool. This title defiantly brings the scares. The only downside is that the story is almost non-existent and there are only 5 levels. I recommend this highly however. :)

#19 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#7 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

1. The corpse of survival horror gets another beating with gameplay as intangible as its ghostly antagonists.
  2. For these reasons, like a horror film, you’ll play it once then never play it again because you know what is coming and it is not scary the second time round. Therefore, I’d recommend you rent it rather than buy it.
  3. For those of you that care, I've gone through an eighth of a liter of scotch since starting this review. And I'm certain that the number of brain cells I've killed is only a small fraction of the number that committed suicide from being exposed to Ju-On. They were lucky.