7.0

1. Oct 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, actually, Just Dance 4 is a very good game for wii, you can purchase it without fear.

**Pros:
    -- The musics and the choreographs are perfect for teens.
    -- It's a good game to play with friends and cousins, it got very funny when a lot of people are playing.

**Cons:
    -- It actually just have this popular musics, different from JD 1,2 and 3.
    -- Some choreographs are a little bit difficult and some ones are a little bit repetitive.

Some people are saying that in the song "What Makes you Beautiful" there are just 4 members, and this is wrong. Actually, we need to look at it from the ubisoft point. You can play only with 4 controls, so it would be strange 5 people dancing in the song, this isn't a mistake :)

Other thing that I would like to see again is the points system presented on JD 2. It got a lot more easier to see the differences between the players during the music.

I got a little bit sad with the cons, but the game still a good game to play, specially with friends.
  2. Dec 26, 2012
    Again, I barely play my Wii and the games that I do play are so terrible that I subscibe to 'if you don't have anything nice to say' and don't review them. But I got stuck playing this game on the Wii. And it's almost too aweful for words. I also played it on Kinect, and while that was a pain to play it at least felt kinda revolutionary. This feels like every other movement-based game everAgain, I barely play my Wii and the games that I do play are so terrible that I subscibe to 'if you don't have anything nice to say' and don't review them. But I got stuck playing this game on the Wii. And it's almost too aweful for words. I also played it on Kinect, and while that was a pain to play it at least felt kinda revolutionary. This feels like every other movement-based game ever made on the Wii. Nintendo, PLEASE just go away, Forever. Expand
  3. Oct 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think it's fun, and I love that it has Selena Gomez and more teen artists. My only complaints would be, Nicki Minaj, and one direction. I mean, as a tween/younger teen game, you'd think they would not put songs like super bass. But I just don't want them turning all mainstream on us. I loved the songs in just dance 2 and 3, and the look was way less confusing. But, as for the game, if you're mainstream and love Nicki Minaj, Justin bieber, and one direction, this game is for you. But if not, I would just rent it. I have all the other games, and my friend rented it to play, but it kinda sucked. I'm a little disappointed by ubisoft. :/ Expand
  4. Dec 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To put it short, this game is just as good as any game of this series, if not better, and that is pretty much all it need. Now, to put it long. This game is, in my opinion, is not only decent, but one of the best Wii games of 2012. Although it isn't a huge of an achievement for a console that most people count off as "dead", I must say that this is one of the games I played more than any other Wii game with a couple of exceptions. First of all, the graphics. They are indeed nice, and pretty fabulous for the Wii. Although not an area hugely improved from the previous games in the series, it still remains a good point on this game. The dancers are detailed, the backgrounds are pretty fun, and best of all, lots of attention for details. Like the dancer you are to follow in a song sometimes starts to sing on the main part of the song, or some songs include tiny cameos from other songs. Overall, the graphics are really good. Next, the game-play, probably the quality in a video game most people enjoy. In Just Dance 4, it is great. It managed to make a couch potato style geek not only start dancing, but also I got my groove on such songs I never even cared about. It is absolutely mind blowing that I sometimes start to dance so much I don't even notice that I just went through 13 or so songs sequentially. Next, the songs. Another great aspect of the game, the songs are perfect. At first I thought that this game is going to star mostly modern pop songs. To my enjoyment, there is a huge variety of songs: from Elvis, to Flo Rida, to *shudders* Bieber, from Skrillex to P!nk to Selena Gomez to Rick Astley. Yes. This game has Rick Astley. The God of all internet trolls, the Never Gonna Give You Up is in this game. This alone is incredible. Replayability, it is huge. Not only this game gives 2X Mojo (experience in Just Dance 4) for playing different songs, but this game also has different achievements for different songs but also has different difficulty levels. Also, playing the songs with your friends is super fun. It loses at least half of the charm if you play it alone. The control. This is where the game falls short. Although the slow movement is registered correctly, it just doesn't feel right. Some of the actions, even when performed correctly, are not registered. It is quite frustrating to get a lower score just because the Wii didn't count it. Also, the game doesn't use neither Wii Motion Plus and neither the nunchuck. If both of these would be used, the control not only would be better, but also your smarter friends would not be able to cheat just by waving one of the arms (while the rest of the body only performs basic actions, it is because the game registers only the right hand's movement). Summing it all, the game fulfilled 4 out of 5 most basic criteria, so it is fair to give this game 8/10. If the next game the controls would be better and if they would get rid of Bieber and Minaj, the game would be near perfect. Expand
  5. Dec 9, 2012
    Ubisoft really hit it out of the park with this entry in the just dance series, improving what the first three lacked and and making them better. First of I'd like to comment on the major improve of the controls, during gameplay I noticed that the game was doing a better job registering the moves I was doing, resulting in better points. Though on some songs it was harder for the wii moteUbisoft really hit it out of the park with this entry in the just dance series, improving what the first three lacked and and making them better. First of I'd like to comment on the major improve of the controls, during gameplay I noticed that the game was doing a better job registering the moves I was doing, resulting in better points. Though on some songs it was harder for the wii mote to register certain moves in songs/

The song choice in this entry in my opinion was the best of the series, blending songs that were familiar like "Moves like jagger" and "what makes you beautiful" and less known songs like "Constantinople" and "Rock n' Roll" as for the DLC store, it was very disappointing that only one song was available on release and that it took two months just for one song to arrive.

As for the graphics, as said, best in series. The backgrounds of every song were creative and unique in their own special ways. It looked like immense care was put into all of them. I'm a little disappointed in the seclusion of Neon colored dancers and went for a more realistic look. But its nothing that ruins the game itself. The new gamemode "Dance Battle" was my favorite aspect of the game, though some of the moves in the game could get really awkward really quick. Especially with the "Call me maybe vs Beauty and a beat" So if your going to have this game at a party, id avoid this gamemode.

One thing that bothered me most about this game was the unlock system, the concept was good, but it was really frustrating when I was going for a song or a gamemode and ended up with a gamer avatar. Requiring to gain double the points before and still having the slight chance of not getting what you want.

Overall this was a really amazing entry into the Just Dance series, despite a few control quirks and annoying unlock system, its definitely worth buying.

Controls: 8.5
    Music: 9
    Content: 8
    Graphics: 10
    Replayability: 9

Overall: 8
  6. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really like this game as is really competitive and has great songs included on the disc. I even downloaded Gangnam Style after seeing how good it was on Just Dance from YouTube videos. Expand
  7. Dec 9, 2012

Controls: 8.5
    Music: 9
    Content: 8
    Graphics: 10
    Replayability: 9

Overall: 8

1. Oct 15, 2012
    Wii controls continue to disappoint.
  2. Oct 12, 2012
    No big change for Just Dance 4 that offers enough new things to push players to buy it. and enjoy it with its girlfriend. With 40 new songs to dance on and the introduction of a new Battle mode, Just Dance 4 is THE game to insert in your console when you want to spend a good evening with your friends.
  3. Oct 11, 2012
    The controls (at least for the Wii) still need some tightening, but Ubisoft is doing a great job with each installment, adding some new modes, adjusting things that may not have succeeded in the past, and delivering a consistently fun rhythm game in a genre that seems ready to be put out to pasture.