Madden NFL 10 Wii

7.2

1. RR.
    Aug 17, 2009
    Overall I would say this is a very solid game that has a ton of replay value with the online and multi-player elements. First let me say that I am a huge football fan but usually I can not get into the madden games, so I can not compare this game versus 09, or any other version. That being said I am very happy with all the options you have in the game. From the 5 on 5 (which is a lot of Overall I would say this is a very solid game that has a ton of replay value with the online and multi-player elements. First let me say that I am a huge football fan but usually I can not get into the madden games, so I can not compare this game versus 09, or any other version. That being said I am very happy with all the options you have in the game. From the 5 on 5 (which is a lot of fun) to the full 11 on 11. I know some people will hate the way the game looks but whatever. The Wii is no where near as powerful as Xbox 3060 or PS3 so I am fine with the visual style. In fact I actually dig it. You can also unlock the old modes like Superstar and Franchise Mode and play them through. One part of the game that I really like is the point and click passing game. I am ok with the old passing scheme but I really like how that whole set up feels. They have toned down the waggling you do (unless you use the superstar or franchise mode) and mapped a lot of moves to buttons. To me it never felt right to swing the remote or nunchuck all the time (especially when it either didn't register or do a different move than you were trying to do). So yes overall I would say the Madden 10 for the Wii is a damn good game. I have been loving the superstar mode and have also played online and some multi-player games. So far I would say I have played at least 10 hours and I can see this game lasting for a long, long time. Expand
  2. JD
    Aug 17, 2009
    After playing this game, I still favor Madden 09 over Madden 10. If you don't care for realism, the graphics look great. The point and pass system is fun and a lot easier for non/casual gamers to play. If you want more of a Madden experience or are a hardcore football fan, you should get the game for 360 or PS3 over the Wii's version. The Wii's version is great but there is After playing this game, I still favor Madden 09 over Madden 10. If you don't care for realism, the graphics look great. The point and pass system is fun and a lot easier for non/casual gamers to play. If you want more of a Madden experience or are a hardcore football fan, you should get the game for 360 or PS3 over the Wii's version. The Wii's version is great but there is more to offer on 360/PS3. Collapse
  3. Endgamer77
    Aug 28, 2009
    Madden 10 is good. Its main problem is its confusing for the non-hardcore gamer. It took me over an hour to figure out the controls. i suggest buying Madden 09. 09 is more pick up and play than 10 is.
  4. JimH
    Aug 25, 2009
    It's fun and seems to have a few less bugs than the previous years. At first I did not think I would like the look, but it makes a better game. It seems they did absolutely no work on the franchise/super star mode (plus you need a code to get them), but the multiplayer options is better.
  5. TG
    Sep 7, 2009
    If you don't mind the look It's a fun game of football, but the franchise mode needs a lot of work and at times the commentary is dreadful and doesn't match what's happening on screen at all.
  6. SteveH
    Aug 25, 2009
    It varies completely from the previous versions, turning a solid football franchise into some childrens', cartoony pile of crap. They turned Madden into a Madden spinoff football game instead of the next installment of madden.
  7. Sep 16, 2010
    Ughhh... this game reaks its terrible compared to other maddens the only thing i liked to do was madden showdown everything else was really bad. My friend always used to play the game and would suck me into playing it with him and it was just awful, more like really boring actually.
  8. Apr 27, 2013
    Decent sports game for the Wii. Found it pretty stupid you had use codes to unlock more game modes. The game also froze multiple times when I was in the middle of a superstar game. I will give the game props for it's fun and intriguing 5 on 5 mode.
  9. Apr 27, 2016
    A fresh feel to the long running football series offers some fun min-games, but is ultimately too shallow and too cartoon-ish for a genre where realism is key to success.

#41 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#25 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

1. What hurts the game the most is without a doubt the horrible commentary. It is extremely disappointing for a game like this, EA Sport’s signature title, to have so many problems in the sound department. It’s the one thing that prevents this game from being a solid purchase. If you only own a Wii and need to play a football game this season, then by all means go with Madden NFL 10. On the other hand, if you have a choice, I would strongly recommend buying the game on a different console.
  2. The game proved itself to be accessible and enjoyable to everyone, regardless of any previous experience of the sport, with the hard-and-fast Showdown take on gridiron offering immediate gratification, and the Huddle-Up and Road to Superbowl modes giving plenty of scope for matches other than the traditional head-to-heads.
    If you have three friends who love the sport then Madden 10 will be great fun, but the single player portion has been ignored this year to the degree where it'll be extremely interesting to see if it'll be present at all in Madden 11.