• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
7.1

1. sdc
    May 24, 2015
    I love this game; it has so much love into, it's just one fantastic party game that celebrates both franchises, all the while being an immersive time that really hits some nostalgia boners. Creating new memories to be fond of, for many years to come.
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    It has more to offer than the first game but I still liked the first game more i'm still not sure why, but if you liked the first game then you should like this one.
  3. May 3, 2013
    The disappointing aspect of this game is the controls. Every time I play I seem to fall down or come last in a race. The fun parts of the game are the music theme, there is lots of choice with 25 games and there are dream events which you have to unlock but you get the first dream event when you start the game.
  4. Mar 15, 2013
    It is nice to see Mario and Sonic characters in the same game considering Nintendo and SEGA's history in the past, but the game is an average game with some good mini-games and some really bad mini-games, There are plenty of better mini-game collection games out there nowadays so I wouldn't recommend this game myself, However if you have young kids and are looking for something to playIt is nice to see Mario and Sonic characters in the same game considering Nintendo and SEGA's history in the past, but the game is an average game with some good mini-games and some really bad mini-games, There are plenty of better mini-game collection games out there nowadays so I wouldn't recommend this game myself, However if you have young kids and are looking for something to play with them or for them to play alone and they are interested in one of the Mario & Sonic Olympic game series, You would be better off getting the London 2012 version rather then this one. Expand
  5. Apr 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i like this game and in my opinion its one of those fun games.....i feel like something is missing in this game.....in my opinion this game could have been a little better with out those cut scenes where you sit there and wait for your game to load..... Expand
  6. Nov 28, 2010
    I say that this is a fair game, its pretty fun with the dream events and the controls are simple for anyone to pick up and play even for small children. If you want a game that you could easily pick up and play then this is a good game to acquire. This game pits two very iconic mascots of gaming against each other so families can have fun with either of their favorite characters, so it's aI say that this is a fair game, its pretty fun with the dream events and the controls are simple for anyone to pick up and play even for small children. If you want a game that you could easily pick up and play then this is a good game to acquire. This game pits two very iconic mascots of gaming against each other so families can have fun with either of their favorite characters, so it's a good family game.

Don't listen to radarjones97 or borisD (like anyone would) they just hate SEGA that they just want to make jabs at them, if it sounds like a rant more than a review like with radarjones97's "Sonic games are bad because of this and this and SEGA didn't ay this but I'm an idiot so it's true so it stinks because it's SEGA and I'm going off topic and sounds like more like an attack than a review" They just hate SEGA so they use this as an excuse to talk about something else, that's what blogs are for so don't listen to them. Plus this game was designed by Shigeru Miyamoto himself, so if you could stop Sonic hating for a second and play the game it would help to know that he helped SEGA make the game.
  7. borisD
    Dec 25, 2009
    A poor effort from Sega, it's a classic example of the usual film/sports event/TV show tie-in dross. It basically feels like one long advert for the Vancouver Winter Olympics with the occasional mini game. It even has a 'shopping level' which is unbelievably crass. The games themselves are, for the most part, unexciting, (I've played better Ice hockey games on the A poor effort from Sega, it's a classic example of the usual film/sports event/TV show tie-in dross. It basically feels like one long advert for the Vancouver Winter Olympics with the occasional mini game. It even has a 'shopping level' which is unbelievably crass. The games themselves are, for the most part, unexciting, (I've played better Ice hockey games on the megadrive). The controls and responsiveness are poor and lead to a frustrating gaming experience. Particularly annoying are the over long load times and tedious cut-scenes between each level. If Sega had a basic understanding of human psychology they would understand that if you have just lost a race to a cartoon sprite you want to IMMEDIATELY return to to the start and beat it.... not have to endure at least a minute of load screens and tedious menus just to replay the race. I hired it from my local video store on a week's loan, I finished it in an evening ad deposited it back at the store the next day with a lingering feeling of resentment. Do not buy this game. Expand
  8. radarjones97
    Oct 21, 2009
    Another Awful Game from a company that used to be great, Winter Olympics fails to bring any fun, bad controls, no motion plus (why didn
  9. Oct 24, 2013

1. In conclusion, SEGA have created a fun sports game that works well as a single-player game and even as a party game. With a plethora of SEGA and Nintendo references, this game will definitely bring a smile to your face as you compete in a variety of winter sporting events.
  2. So much of what’s here has been done before in other games, and better, faster, and stronger.
  3. There's some multiplayer fun to be had in this winter sports collection, but you'll have to sift through a lot of lousy stuff to find it.