8.9

1. BenS.
    Oct 25, 2007
    The controls are good, but each Prime game has felt less and less like Metroid. Most bosses do a dash attack, a stomp/shockwave attack, a sweeping beam attack, and something that involves an orb you have to shoot before they deal damage / heal themselves. The cinematics you see after beating bosses, as well as the bosses themselves, are copied and pasted from one another. Material is The controls are good, but each Prime game has felt less and less like Metroid. Most bosses do a dash attack, a stomp/shockwave attack, a sweeping beam attack, and something that involves an orb you have to shoot before they deal damage / heal themselves. The cinematics you see after beating bosses, as well as the bosses themselves, are copied and pasted from one another. Material is re-used so much from the previous two games that it comes off as lazy. Finally, the levels are small and feel like traditional levels, making the game more linear. I was disappointed. Expand
  2. AndyF.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Good game in its own right, but i wish there was an option to use my gamecube controller. Metroid Prime was built as an adventure series, but this game takes that away with a more FPS feel. THe adventure aspects is what made the series so strong, and the emphasis on shooting now makes me feel like the adventure is missing.
  3. DanS.
    Nov 3, 2007
    Poor realism. stupid puzzles. so your right in this enemies face... but he holds a little shield like the clear ones in halo. too bad. cant shoot him. cant shoot him in the head, back, nothing. dont matter where you try, it just "doesnt count" -that's poor form. I quit. and the at stupid ball thing.. right, like all these special tunnels are just waiting for you to come along. what a joke.
  4. LeoR.
    Nov 26, 2009
    Wow, is this game overrated. I enjoyed he first few hours but this game gets soooooooo repetitive. Seriously, you basically mash the A button incessantly, firing the same weapon, for the last several hours of the game. Constant backtracking through worlds that are little more then corridors and a massive lack of story or character round out an already mediocre game. Rent it if your Wow, is this game overrated. I enjoyed he first few hours but this game gets soooooooo repetitive. Seriously, you basically mash the A button incessantly, firing the same weapon, for the last several hours of the game. Constant backtracking through worlds that are little more then corridors and a massive lack of story or character round out an already mediocre game. Rent it if your interested but I would not recommend buying it. Expand
  5. Feb 11, 2011
    Corruption definitely had its strong points. It excelled in graphics, controls, and gameplay. The plot was well done and the boss battles were fun. You just felt immersed in the game because of the first world view. The big problem with the game is the lack of instruction. It's difficult to know which way to go and it is so easy to get lost. Backtracking happened often and the gameCorruption definitely had its strong points. It excelled in graphics, controls, and gameplay. The plot was well done and the boss battles were fun. You just felt immersed in the game because of the first world view. The big problem with the game is the lack of instruction. It's difficult to know which way to go and it is so easy to get lost. Backtracking happened often and the game could have benefited from more instructions on where to go. Also, in the later part of the game, there is a giant backtracking quest to get energy cells.

It's a mixed bag.
  6. Nov 25, 2014
    Super buggy. I've never had a Nintendo game I had to reset as many times as this one just because scripted events failed to start, or doors that are locked when they shouldn't be.

Controls: There is no reason this game couldn't have gamecube controller support like the previous two. I absolutely hate the motion-controlled aiming. The game also suffers from forced motion control gimmicks, with plenty of switches that require you to do unnecessary movements with the controller. Why let the player just press A to activate a switch when we can make them rotate the controller for no reason a few times instead?
  7. AndrewG.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Like most everyone, I found the controls in MP3 to be stellar - far far better than dual analog. Unfortunately, though, the game doesn't really do much for me; I definitely prefer MP1. My primary gripes: The 'puzzles' are stupidly easy - especially anything involving the morphball. The story/narrative is very bland - extremely cookie cutter. Also, other than the second one, Like most everyone, I found the controls in MP3 to be stellar - far far better than dual analog. Unfortunately, though, the game doesn't really do much for me; I definitely prefer MP1. My primary gripes: The 'puzzles' are stupidly easy - especially anything involving the morphball. The story/narrative is very bland - extremely cookie cutter. Also, other than the second one, the boss battles are really boring - primarily because arena battles can get old really fast when beating the boss is just a matter of time. Overall, I would probably recommend MP3, even though I have no urge to finish it. Expand
  8. SamJ
    Oct 19, 2007
    Although this game doesn't offer that magical feeling of achievement you get from playing Resident Evil 4 or The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess. You do get a very enjoyable game with some of the best Wii controls to date. However, if you are new to the series the story doesn't really bring you up to date. Best to seek out an online synopsis to understand what's happening.
  9. AramisG.
    Sep 17, 2007
    It is really hard to give this game a 7, but it is my least favorite of the three Prime games. Visually and control wise it is phenomenal. The game looks organic in a way the even Gears of War didn't. The worlds are lush and a pleasure to look at. However, the level designs are not as intricate or interesting (although they look great). The environmental puzzles have been dumbed It is really hard to give this game a 7, but it is my least favorite of the three Prime games. Visually and control wise it is phenomenal. The game looks organic in a way the even Gears of War didn't. The worlds are lush and a pleasure to look at. However, the level designs are not as intricate or interesting (although they look great). The environmental puzzles have been dumbed down. Boss fights and design border on boring (almost all of them have the jump/shockwave move). The fight against Monegar is litterally the most annoying fight in the series. Somehow every boss fight after this one is a piece of cake. Also, many of Samus up-grades barely get utilized. For instance, you use the phazon missle to one one door. Lastly, I am not a fan of the voice overs. It takes away from the atmosphere that the two previous games had. It feels as though the game designers were trying to move Metroid towards a more FPS direction in the way that Hunters did. Not a good thing in my book. Still, it is a pretty good game and will most likely satisfy any Metroid fan...it just isn't nearly as good as Prime or Echoes. Expand
  10. JohnT.
    Sep 5, 2007
    Rating- 6.5. A strict rent! Do not buy this, or the Wii for this- nothing memorable strikes in enough to justify the dough over games with more modern design. Controls are top-notch, reminding a lot of people who bought the Wii of its potential, but gameplay mechanics sometimes isn't even close to modern shooters- on one perspective it's closer to the first 2 Metroid FPSes than Rating- 6.5. A strict rent! Do not buy this, or the Wii for this- nothing memorable strikes in enough to justify the dough over games with more modern design. Controls are top-notch, reminding a lot of people who bought the Wii of its potential, but gameplay mechanics sometimes isn't even close to modern shooters- on one perspective it's closer to the first 2 Metroid FPSes than well, anything else, but on the other perspective it PALES hard compared to current shooters like BioShock. The game design- atmosphere, plot, character development- isn't really anything special in times like these. This would be an avant-garde FPS in 2004/5, but now it feels stale, repetitive, derivative of the old ones without innovating enough in the places it matter. For people who haven't bought a Wii yet (but have the Gamecube and played Metroid) this is not the killer app. BioShock, Mass Effect, etc games are looking much better in terms of giving you motivation to play (Gave the former a 10) instead of you playing just to finish the story arc. I'm disappointed in quite little progress Retro Studios have made in so many delays of the game. Expand
  11. MikeG.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Massively overrated. Levels are small and nowhere near as in depth as past Metroid Primes, flying to other planets breaks all sense of continuity, and the boss fights are at times infuriating - which is strange considering that the game is otherwise fairly easy. Not a bad game by any means, but certainly not the miracle that most people claim it to be.
  12. DamonR.
    Aug 27, 2007
    The game was pretty disappointing for me. As far as first-person shooters go, it was awful. For an adventure game it was pretty good, but since I just got done playing Bioshock, it just didnt compare. If this game didnt have such a powerful intellectual property as Samus, it would have just been a mediocre game. Of course, it is Samus so I settle on a 7.
  13. CoryM
    Sep 6, 2008
    Sorry this is a "good" game at best i dont personally find the controls to be that great and doors that sometimes take 10 seconds to load and the fact that it only looks marginally better than the first prime were all disappointments to me. That said i'm stilling playing through ti and enjoying it despite aggrivations and because i like metroid as a series i will finish it but lets Sorry this is a "good" game at best i dont personally find the controls to be that great and doors that sometimes take 10 seconds to load and the fact that it only looks marginally better than the first prime were all disappointments to me. That said i'm stilling playing through ti and enjoying it despite aggrivations and because i like metroid as a series i will finish it but lets be honest this is no 9.0 or even 8 imo nintendo needs to make a fuller more fleshed out 2D version than the gameboy has been seeing and call it a day. Expand
  14. AndrewO
    Mar 18, 2009
    The game controls are great, the boss battles are a lot of fun. But the game for the most part is very boring, little fighting mostly puzzle solving which is really boring to me, i haven't played any of the previous games atleast that i remember. I was just expecting more action in the game.
  15. finbastard
    Nov 17, 2007
    It was a pretty solid game, but even as a life-long Nintendofanboy I can't exactly say that this was anything that amazing... because it isn't. The controls are fun, sure, but the playing is extremely repetitive with it's chores. Basically it's everything that Metroid Prime 2 was and isn't anything that Metroid Prime 1 was.
  16. TomL.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Yet another GameCube game warmed up for the Wii, technically brilliant but it's not worth the investment over the GameCube games

1. Even with a low difficulty level, lackluster story and flawed unlockables, Metroid Prime 3 is certainly a must-play for Wii owners.
  2. A true gamer's game, a lovingly crafted science-fiction magnum opus, a showcase title not only for excellent motion controls but also stunning artwork that rivals anything in gaming.
  3. Proof that not all sequels are quick attempts to cash in; Corruption takes the already outstanding formula of the previous games and retools it into one of the most solid and rewarding experiences in years.