Muramasa: The Demon Blade Wii

8.7

1. BobbyJ
    Jan 5, 2010
    Maybe it's because I'm from a generation of low graphics but, depth is more important and this game is definitely lacking in it. If it wasn't for software return policies I would be taking this back pronto.
  2. Oct 15, 2013
    Muramasa is among the most overrated games ever made. The "Graphics" that people rave about are simply an anime, cell shaded, low-frame animated sprites, un-original blends of color style of presentation that REALLY does not, could not keep this game from being a stale experience.

It's a hack-n-slash platforming game first and a light RPG second. If you were an actual gamer, you'd only play this game for the story and lore if at all.

#15 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#66 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

1. Overall, it's a very solid title. Flawed, certainly, but a lot of fun to play if you don't mind a little repetitive combat and a story that feels a bit slow.
  2. It is a beautiful game that is a victim of its own success as the story so badly eclipses the gameplay. Muramasa is an imperfect jewel. It’s a precious stone for sure, but the cut’s not quite right.
  3. For all it's got going for it, though, Muramasa's problem is that it simply overstays its welcome. This is a good 14-hour game, and the gameplay cannot support that kind of play time. I found myself wishing that the game was about half the length it is, which would've left me satisfied, rather than fully exhausted.