7.8

1. Zjm
    Jul 23, 2011
    New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis designed for the Wii did not quite live up to its predecessor. There are an innumerable amount of controls jammed in to just the wii remote, making it exceedingly difficult to apply desired spin on the ball, control the ball, and pace the ball. As I compare the revamped version of Mario Power Tennis to its solid precursor I remember the great fun of choosing which side to hit the ball to creating a master plan running my opponent all around, but now characters like Daisy are of no apparent value because of the challenge to place the ball with the new timing system where you actually want it. On the up side, it took care of some obvious problems of the gamecube version. Now instead of having a good side, and a bad side, two views exist for each player to take away that dilemma. Also the ball goes out and hits the net much more frequently adding an element of imperfection that greatly improves the game. Another changes include everyone serving the same speed. Nintendo thought they did us a favor by improving minute things about the game, but by adding the new controls they actually made the game less enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, this is still a entertaining and fun-packed game, and the controls aren't that bad, but Mario power tennis for gamecube was simply better. If you are and individual seeking an forbearer struck your fancy, and are interested in trying the new Wii controls, then give it a try! Collapse
  2. Zjm
    Jul 23, 2011

Either Nintendo has decided to become the laziest publisher in the gaming industry or they have so many killer titles in the pipeline that they just couldn’t be bothered to put an ounce of effort into justifying the existence of Power Tennis. Adding sub-par Wii controls to a five-year-old GameCube game without adding anything new in terms of modes, gameplay or story is not acceptable.
  2. The NewPlayControl series is back again, this time with Mario Power Tennis, a fair adaptation of the original GameCube's game. Same graphics and gameplay with very few new goodies make this remake a very interesting one for those who have never enjoyed it, or just for those who loves playing virtual tennis. The new control system isn't as precise as we could hoped, but it's still fun and wide-opened for any kind of gamers.
  3. Ultimately, this is one of the most surprising titles of the previous Nintendo console, and undoubtedly it will take by surprise those who didn't have the chance to enjoy it then. Unfortunately, there are some unpolished aspects, like the technical part of the game, although the worst thing we've found is the absence of the online component, which would have dramatically increased the fun in this game.