6.8

1. Oct 7, 2010
    Motion Plus works Ok for nhl 2k10, its still pretty unsensitive. And its super hard to play online because of nintendo's crappy online. It worked well for me though until i got a xbox 360 and played NHL 10.
  2. Sep 11, 2010
    I bought this for $9 and it provided me good entertainment for a summer without the NHL running, so for that I thank it. Once you get to know the ice surface (talent at hockey games somehow never transfers over to new ones I find) the game can be very enjoyable, but suffers from all the same old rando-issues plus a few new ones from the Wii motion controls. A few needlessly upsetting things: 1) computer does the same auto-scoring breakaway move on 9/10 breakaways. 2) You shake the wiimote to shoot when you've got an open net and your player does a ridiculous deke in the entirely opposite direction, turning to shoot 3 seconds later when the goalie's back 3) Penalty replays glitch and show an old or gibberish replay 4) The menu system is indeed awful 5) The replay barely replays anything 6) Faceoffs are crazy-hard and then after a few games crazy-easy 7) No matter how you skew the game difficulty or physics, etc. my team still gets more penalties, injuries and scoring than the rest of the league. Why don't they ever force stat matching across the computer? I'm trying to run a realistic season but all 4 of my top forwards lead the league in points, 3 of them under a PPG still, somehow. 8) Most of the time the computer ices the puck the game doesn't call icing.

Anyway, this could go on. It's all these little things that stop these games from becoming realistic hockey experiences. I do love the fantasy draft and minor league team though.

1. One of the most fully featured sports games on the Wii console. [Oct 2009, p.87]
    NHL2K10 has a simply staggering amount of content in it. To say that this game is a value at its price is an understatement, but while there’s an insane amount of modes and options – 2K sliders, MotionPlus, WiiSpeak support, online leagues, 10-console team-up mode, season mode, franchise mode, pond hockey, practice mode, Mii Superskills, create-a-player, create-a-team, and the list goes on and on -there’s also a lack of polish throughout.
  3. New motion controls make the Wii version of NHL 2K10 an impressive and unique arcade hockey game.