Onslaught Wii

7.5

1. Jul 30, 2012
    I dont agree with the people who think this game is great, even for a wiiware/virtual-console game. However, I don't agree either with people who think this game is absolute garbage. It is unusual to have a game like this on wiiware especially for 1000 points which makes it something unique with a fair price. Let's talk about the good first, the weapons in general are good, not great butI dont agree with the people who think this game is great, even for a wiiware/virtual-console game. However, I don't agree either with people who think this game is absolute garbage. It is unusual to have a game like this on wiiware especially for 1000 points which makes it something unique with a fair price. Let's talk about the good first, the weapons in general are good, not great but still something enjoyable specially a "lightwhip" that you have to attack enemies on close range. The controls are also pretty good, i feel that is the way you make a first person shooter work. I also enjoyed the boss battles even though the attack patterns were extremely repetitive and I loved the fact that different types of weapons work better with different types of "alien bugs." Now comes the bad, most of this has to do with repetition which makes the game tedious after a while. There were very few enemy types and they were used again in every single level which took the excitement out of it. Another issue was the environments, they were really similar, basically all the planet you are in looks the same, there is nothing stunning to it. Finally my biggest issue, there is a time limit to every level when its not even necessary, why cant we just go at our own pace instead of rushing through the level to get a better score and not loosing the mission? This was just bad. The multiplayer is basically co-op campaign, not competitive multiplayer but it changes the action a little bit making it enjoyable. Overall I think it is not worth buying despite the good price, if people want a first person shooter they shouldn't support the more average ones because there are better games out there and those deserve attention. Expand

#32 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009

1. Hudson has achieved the unthinkable and created an original and entertaining Japanese developed FPS which comes as a great surprise. This is a must-download for fans of the FPS genre.
  2. Further proof of the Wii's gift for first person shooters, if only a more experienced developer would try.
  3. Onslaught is a real deal, particularly if you are looking for the Online component. It's fun, it's complete, and even if it could be something more, I this is a game capable of filling the measures. Ended the search for those seeking a good FPS.