8.4

1. jasonm
    Mar 25, 2008
    The controls of this game are light years beyond any soccer game for other consoles. They are deceivingly simple at first but very deep after playing the game for more than a few hours. You are able to control more than just one man at a time. Strategy is focused on bigtime in this game. I don't typically like Soccer games but this is a game that transcends its genre.
  2. tihocan
    Mar 25, 2008
    It's definitely a different game than previous versions on other platforms.... but it's incredibly cool! Being able to finally pass the ball exactly where we want, position our players as we envision it, really makes the game much more tactical and fun.
    Those who want an easy arcade game may not like it though ;)
  3. ElliottFred
    Mar 28, 2008
    Different to other pro evo games. Instead of focusing only on the man with the ball, this concentrates on the movement of the whole team. Within the first hour of playing this game i would have given it 6 out of 10. But after getting used to the controls and progressing through training, the game is by far the most playable game since twighlight princess. My summary: the more you play, theDifferent to other pro evo games. Instead of focusing only on the man with the ball, this concentrates on the movement of the whole team. Within the first hour of playing this game i would have given it 6 out of 10. But after getting used to the controls and progressing through training, the game is by far the most playable game since twighlight princess. My summary: the more you play, the better it gets! Expand
  4. MatP
    Apr 1, 2008
    This game DOES revolutionise the series. The emphasis is more on the overview of the sport rather than the player on the ball but never before has there be a video game which captures the flow of the real game like this.
    9 - would have been a 10 if the defending was better. This will give them something to work on for the next version.
  5. Rob
    Apr 3, 2008
    I love football games. I mean, I love sports games in general - basketball, tennis, American football, a bit of everything. But football games have a special place in my gaming heart. I've played countless editions of FIFA and PES across consoles as diverse as Megadrive (Sega Genesis), Amiga, PC, PSOne, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox360, and now... the best football game ever made, without aI love football games. I mean, I love sports games in general - basketball, tennis, American football, a bit of everything. But football games have a special place in my gaming heart. I've played countless editions of FIFA and PES across consoles as diverse as Megadrive (Sega Genesis), Amiga, PC, PSOne, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox360, and now... the best football game ever made, without a doubt, PES2008 on Wii. Even if you hate football, if you own a Wii, buy this game to see just how innovative, creative and compelling the Wii controls can be. I hope and pray that other sports games follow suit. Expand
  6. RonaldoFernandes
    Apr 8, 2008
    Despite some minor flaws, such as the obsolete graphic engine and the small number of teams, PES 2008 for Wii manages to create a great gameplay experience. For the first time, you have the sensation of controlling a whole team instead of a player each time. Easily the best football videogame ever made for any console or computer.
  7. RodrigoChiong
    May 22, 2008
    The controls, though at the beginning are kind of confusing, end up being completely natural, and gives you total control of your team. When you get used to the control scheme, you can make some moves you actually couldn't with the traditional controls.
    Only missing Champion League, a proper team and player editor, and a better defense AI.

1. Easily the best football game on a Nintendo system. It takes a while to get used to the new controls but once you get your head round them, they become second nature. [Mar 2008, p.58]
  2. Initially bewildering, it makes great use of hte Wii controls. Give it time and you'll love it. [Apr 2008, p.68]
    For the first time in a long, long time, we're going crazy for a soccer game on a Nintendo platform.