Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Wii

7.6

1. ChaddD.
    Dec 21, 2007
    Truly the most heart breaking and disappointing game of the year. Even as a rail shooter it fails to succeed - where the positive reviews have come from, I simply don't know, but they genuinely frighten me into worrying that it will encourage Capcom and Nintendo to pump out more games of such an unenjoyable level and mess. It's a disheveled heap of who knows what - the only real Truly the most heart breaking and disappointing game of the year. Even as a rail shooter it fails to succeed - where the positive reviews have come from, I simply don't know, but they genuinely frighten me into worrying that it will encourage Capcom and Nintendo to pump out more games of such an unenjoyable level and mess. It's a disheveled heap of who knows what - the only real resemblance to Resident Evil it has is that you recognize some of the scenery, and zombies attack you. Otherwise, it can be summarized as a game where a little red circle makes (sometimes, but mostly not) zombies recoil. It's simply that bad. Collapse
  2. SamM.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Wow I thought I bought Resident Evil, Not House of the Dead. It looks like Capcom took the same game engine and change the characters? Regarding RE4 on the Wii, yes at first the Wii controls are a bit hard to get use to but that is why you play the game. Bottom line they took a great game (RE4) and turned it into a crappy shooter. You can

#14 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#16 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. A superb entry in the genre with a ton of great missions and reasons to play again and again. Anyone that enjoys the macabre, or going nose-to-nose with zombies should check it out. Fans will absolutely love it as it's basically a love letter from Capcom to them.
    The Umbrella Chronicles does a lot of things right. It combines the atmospheric charm of the ResEvil series with awesome light-gun gameplay, then throws in a wealth of bonus material to unlock and discover. It's the perfect way to prepare yourself for the upcoming "Resident Evil 5."
    While Umbrella Chronicles doesn't accomplish much of note besides solidifying the Resident Evil story thus far, it provides plenty of point-and-pull-the-trigger satisfaction for your buck (especially with a friend in tow).