Rock Band Wii

6.3

1. Jun 24, 2015
    This game is fun but I only liked 5 of the songs on here (one of them is a DLC song that's included on disc on this version). I prefer Rock Band 2 because it's got character creation, DLC, and online play. However, this doesn't mean that I hate this game because I don't.
  2. Nov 27, 2012
    Good gravy. I love Rock Band, but this port is AWFUL. What exactly are you getting here? You're getting the same setlist from the PS360 versions plus 5 extra songs. You're getting the same gameplay as the PS360 versions. Annnnd... that's it.

What are you NOT getting? Well, online gameplay for starters. Any multiplayer must be done in the same room. Plus, no online leaderboards. There is no outside motivation to get a high score or FC a song, and once you do, nobody knows about it but you. You don't get any career mode, so you're just playing songs over and over. You can't make your own characters, use Guitar Hero instruments, or export the game. By the way, did you know there is a game on the Wii that does all these things? It's called Rock Band 2. Get that one. Skip this one unless you absolutely MUST play RB1's setlist.
  3. Reddhead
    Oct 15, 2008
    Great game. Was not sure the first time I played. Found it hard, but once you get the hang of it really fun! Only thing I did not like was the is no free play. Example you can't just jam around with any instrument. Would be fun if we could just play around and with out music and just go nuts. Maybe something to think about.
  4. BenihanaB
    Aug 4, 2008
    Not a bad game at all. This is my first version of Rock band, but played many guitar hereo's in the past. We love the fact that you can change it up by switching instruments if you want, or even try and play and sing at the same time. The lack of download content does not phase me since I am used to guitar hereo's new versions on disc.
    Just a little disapointed in the song
    Just a little disapointed in the song list. Even after the first expansion pack, we only have a blast with 20 songs at the most....
  5. JohnJones
    Aug 4, 2008
    This game was a total let down compared to the PS3 and 360 version. Sure they added 5 new songs, but they screwed up the instruments and took out all the things that made the game fun like the band world tour. Now it is just a busted guitar hero without characters to chose or things to buy.
  6. ConcernedCustomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    If you think this game is worth the money then you will be better off buying it with an xbox 360. I love rock band but I can't bring myself to purchase it for the Wii because of the gutted features. IMHO they should of held off until Nintendo released a hard drive attachment.
  7. MIchaelStack
    Jun 30, 2008
    This game may be lacking some of the features present on other versions of the game, but it does not dissapoint in the area that matters most: Gameplay. This game is rock solid and worth the cash. I got it 2 days ago and haven't stopped playing it since.
  8. MichaelMitchell
    Jun 29, 2008
    What we basically had here was Harmonix being lazy. The Wii didn't have the power to support the graphics so instead of just toning it down again they gave us a port of the PS2 version and didn't even bother adding any of the normal features in. And who ever says that crap about the Wii not supporting it is so not true. The wii is like three times as powerful as the Gamecube.What we basically had here was Harmonix being lazy. The Wii didn't have the power to support the graphics so instead of just toning it down again they gave us a port of the PS2 version and didn't even bother adding any of the normal features in. And who ever says that crap about the Wii not supporting it is so not true. The wii is like three times as powerful as the Gamecube.
    Get GHWT. I pick the company who gave us an ok game on day one rather than a company that gave us a horrible version six months later.
  9. CindyA.
    Jun 27, 2008
    This game rocks. Yea, its graphics are toned down, no custom characters, no world tour, and now DLC... But if you only have a Wii it is super fun! The controllers are solid, music is excellent (and no there is no DLC but with song packs that actually work out cheaper coming who really cares as long as we get them all) and the ability to rock out is wicked. Alone - but especially in This game rocks. Yea, its graphics are toned down, no custom characters, no world tour, and now DLC... But if you only have a Wii it is super fun! The controllers are solid, music is excellent (and no there is no DLC but with song packs that actually work out cheaper coming who really cares as long as we get them all) and the ability to rock out is wicked. Alone - but especially in groups, this game is Killer! Expand
  10. AstridF.
    Jun 26, 2008
    A big let down from the xBox version.
  11. RockOn
    Jun 26, 2008
    A good port. Plays well. Nothing new to add though other then 5 new songs? I was a little disappointed. The concept is great though and watching my wife and 9 year old son jam has been great.
    Jun 25, 2008
    It's nearly identical to the PS2 version, which makes it worth avoiding simply on principle. Add the fact that GH4 is doing it right, and there isn't any reason to pick up Rock Band on the Wii, unless you absolutely must have the music from Rock Band. However, in that case, I would have picked it up on a different platform last year.
  13. VoltaireF.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Its terrible! This version has nothing that made the 360 game great. A disappointment, wait for Guitar Hero: World Tour.
  14. Eric
    Jun 23, 2008
    What?! They cut out everything that made the game so fun! Now it's Guitar Hero minus any character customization or money! I'm returning it. Boo.
  15. JamesL
    Jun 23, 2008
    i got this game day one and i have to say its pretty good. It may not have downloadable content but thats not really a problem because of the dc packs that are set for the future. The game is as solid as the 360/ps3 versions so if you have the cash, I couldn't recommend it more strongly.
  16. AJW.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Although lacking some functionality from the PS3 and XBOX versions, this is easily the best party game on most platforms. It does a great job of making you feel like a rockstar even though you are still playing 5 plastic buttons. Plus the release of the expansion disks means many more years of playability with rumored Rockband 2 planning to be backwards compatible with the instruments we Although lacking some functionality from the PS3 and XBOX versions, this is easily the best party game on most platforms. It does a great job of making you feel like a rockstar even though you are still playing 5 plastic buttons. Plus the release of the expansion disks means many more years of playability with rumored Rockband 2 planning to be backwards compatible with the instruments we already purchased. Fantastic game! Expand

#23 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#28 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. This is the perfectly polished, logical extension of what Guitar Hero started and where the music genre needed to go. It's a real shame to see the Wii version stripped of some of the game's best features, but it still just flat-out rocks.
  2. Exactly what most people who own a Wii are looking for. This is cooperative gaming at its best – the perfect party game for friends, family, and new gamers alike. Even with its regrettable omissions, Rock Band has a broad audience of Wii owners just waiting in the wings to get their chance on stage.
    Ultimately, it is disappointing that so many features were left out of the Wii version. I would understand if the Wii just couldn't handle it, but Guitar Hero World Tour seems to be figuring it out.