Rune Factory Frontier Wii

8.5

1. Mar 8, 2017
    Honestly one of my favorite games of all time. It includes farming, relationships, fighting and taking care of monsters, cooking, fishing, crafting weapons and tools, this game has it all! It has a nice fantasy appeal as well. Love this game!
  2. Jul 31, 2012
    One of the best games on the Wii... One of the best games I've played, period. Guilty pleasure of mine as i know it's a little corny... It's that good. if you liked harvest moon but wished there was more... you're gonna love this one.
  3. Jan 16, 2012
    This is an excellent game. Even if your not a fan of farming or sims, if you have a wii you ought to give this a shot. All the elements of harvest moon and a light RPG are meshed pretty nicely in this. If you've ever played Rune Factory for the DS, this is a perfect transition. You can tell there were some pretty high production values for this game, as the graphics are beautiful and a lotThis is an excellent game. Even if your not a fan of farming or sims, if you have a wii you ought to give this a shot. All the elements of harvest moon and a light RPG are meshed pretty nicely in this. If you've ever played Rune Factory for the DS, this is a perfect transition. You can tell there were some pretty high production values for this game, as the graphics are beautiful and a lot of hand drawn are and excellent cutscenes are strewn throughout the game. It falls shy of perfect for some nitpicky things like the inability to stack items (like in RF3), the absurd difficulty (takes at least 60 hours to complete the game with a focus on upgrading weapons and combat ability), and the fairly significant 5-10 second load time between areas that noticeably slows the pace of your day down. Still, its a great start for Rune Factory on the Wii, and it's pretty cheap (though its kinda rare) so pick it up if you can, you'll be surprised at how fun this game can be. Expand
  4. Aug 12, 2011
    Very open ended. This can be great when you are growing your character and advancing in level/status, but can occasionally get confusing and even dry at times when you aren't at a point that you want to be at. Overall, once you get past the rough patches, it is a very addicting and rewarding game that contains more depth and content then the vast majority of the other games in it's genre.Very open ended. This can be great when you are growing your character and advancing in level/status, but can occasionally get confusing and even dry at times when you aren't at a point that you want to be at. Overall, once you get past the rough patches, it is a very addicting and rewarding game that contains more depth and content then the vast majority of the other games in it's genre. It does this by combining a JRPG combat/leveling system with life sim socializing and farm sim care-taking, and meshing them together in a way where they actually effect each other and function in harmony. Expand
  5. Feb 25, 2011
    Ever since I played this, I can't go back to Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town.
    The Farming, dungeon crawling, RPG stats and upgrading, make this a BIG improvement over it.
    Any fan of Harvest Moon MUST get this. It's too damn fun. Now let's hope they bring Rune Factory: Oceans to North America.
  6. LowellF
    Apr 11, 2009
    A well-done and addictive game. If you like Harvest Moon, but want a little more interaction and action, this really is the game. More involved and deeper than most building games, it has excellent graphic design and a more interesting story than most 'farming/building' games. I discounted out of hand these kinds of games before, but this really turned me around. I only wish A well-done and addictive game. If you like Harvest Moon, but want a little more interaction and action, this really is the game. More involved and deeper than most building games, it has excellent graphic design and a more interesting story than most 'farming/building' games. I discounted out of hand these kinds of games before, but this really turned me around. I only wish they'd kept the DS connectivity with the translations as I might have invested in that side of things as well. Expand
  7. ChrisS
    Mar 27, 2009
    There is so much to do, I don't even know where to start some days. It never gets boring, and has an atmosphere that makes it safe to play in front of my kids.
  8. FigMan
    Mar 18, 2009
    This is the best Rune Factory game I have ever played. Anyone with a Wii, and has any liking for Harvest Moon must get this game. It is well balanced, tons of items to collect/make, and most of all it has that "it" factor that is crucial in these type of games. The translation from Xseed surpasses Natsume by leaps, and bounds. GET THIS GAME!

#33 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#18 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

1. Nintendo Power
    Frontier isn't for everybody, but it delivers on its promise of providing a deep, engrossing experience while letting you live a relaxing life. [Apr 2009, p.88]
    A great package, and one of the deepest RPG's on the system thus far.
  3. Game Informer
    Even when it fails, though, Rune Factory: Frontier is packed with so many other activities that there's always more than enough to do. [Apr 2009, p.85]