• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Feb 26, 2008
6.5

1. Dec 26, 2010
    I've fished so la for a long time. This game is fairly realistic in the way the bass hit nad the way the bait work in the water. Once the fish is on, all reality goes out the window. You can't control your rod. Nor the speed of tghe reel. And I've never broken lines or not been able to set the hool like in this game. Nor have I had very many fish get off the hook once it was hooked. Lost 7 fish in a row to one or the other. This game needs a lot more work. Expand
  2. Aug 13, 2014
    wow where to start... i guess at the beginning. is this the best video game ever made? probably. sega bass fishing is an intense simulator that puts you in the shoes of an amateur bass angler looking to hit the big time by catching all the fish. everything about the game, from the fish to the fish to the fish to the fish, is amazing. i am so impressed by the fish in this game. when i play games with fish, so often i find that the fish just dont suit me, but that is not so with sega bass fishing. one of my favorite features of the game has to be the fish, though, i mean wow, the meticulous detail that the fish have been fished with. you can tell when you play this that the designers are true fish lovers. no other game brings you the whole package like sega bass fishing does - so often we get fishing games that are watered down with too many boring RPG/adventure elements (harvest moon, dark cloud, ocarina of time, etc) but sega has really delivered the fish here. sega knows what we want, and that is working up a mean sweat trying to get both hands wrapped around a big one. the only thing that i wish tehy had included was some sort of leaderboard feature so we can all compare our big ones online. but hey when god gives you a fish dont ask for bread right? thanks sega for this great game, i will pass it on to my children and my children's children - i really want them all to feel the power and weight of a true big one like i have. enjoy your fishing : ) Expand

While it might not be worth the asking price for veteran Sega Bass junkies, this is a great opportunity for all you would-be Wii fisherman who happened to miss the boat the first time around.
  2. SEGA Bass Fishing can still provide some mild entertainment, even if it is basically a Dreamcast game with Wii controls. Despite its fair share of flaws, it’s the best currently available fishing game on Wii.
  3. There are some minor tweaks here and there for this Wii remake, most notably the use of the nunchuk for reeling in the lunkers, but nothing that stops this game from being extremely dated and lacking in content and variety.