8.1

1. Apr 4, 2012
    My absolute favorite survival horror game of all time. Mind blowing graphics and effects and a truly involved, dark story with many twists depending on how you play and answer the psych profiles. A melancholy game for those with true "mature" tastes.
  2. Mar 1, 2012
    Extremely solid game based on exploration and story that uses the Wii-mote expertly. Shattered memories best feature is its cellphone that lets you capture clues and call ghosts in an alternate reality. The game is not a parody of real life, but designed to make you think about your relationship with the game, or with your real life. It is not a shoot-em up or survival horror likeExtremely solid game based on exploration and story that uses the Wii-mote expertly. Shattered memories best feature is its cellphone that lets you capture clues and call ghosts in an alternate reality. The game is not a parody of real life, but designed to make you think about your relationship with the game, or with your real life. It is not a shoot-em up or survival horror like Resident Evil or older silent hill games, but it is a must have wii title. Combat is non-extistant, where you must and complete mazes. It is still spooky and full of scares. The drive to keep going and find a new area is always there. The length of the game is just about right considering it can have multiple endings. An interactive story makes this game awesome. The best modern Silent Hill game since the ones on the ps2. Expand
  3. Mar 25, 2012
    I can understand how this game will polarize Silent Hill fans, it is quite different, especially since fighting has been removed entirely. Using the Wiimote as the flashlight feels amazing! Puzzles are ridiculously easy, but I think the purpose of them is to force you to interact with objects using the Wiimote so you feel more immersed, rather than challenge you mentally. The nightmarishI can understand how this game will polarize Silent Hill fans, it is quite different, especially since fighting has been removed entirely. Using the Wiimote as the flashlight feels amazing! Puzzles are ridiculously easy, but I think the purpose of them is to force you to interact with objects using the Wiimote so you feel more immersed, rather than challenge you mentally. The nightmarish chase scenes will stump you enough to satisfy your need to use brain power. The story is really great once you piece it all together, and when you do, it's not so much of a mystery why they chose to reinvent the original and use its characters in a new context. The graphics are astonishing for the Wii. There is some frame-skipping at times, especially when running through doors during chase scenes, but I would rather deal with frame loss than slowdown. Expand
  4. May 3, 2012
    Amazing story, totally breathtaking, Nice gameplay control. I love the psychological turn that the game offered me. U wont regret. Yea maybe as the "Silent Hill" series this can be a parallel view, but we aren't discussing about the series are we?, we are discussing this game-play experience, and is unforgettable!.
  5. Nov 26, 2011
    The best game I played. The ending is a MASTERPIECE. Silent Hill Shattered Memories is a game made whit passion, and Climax made a great job, creating a game unique, never seen before.
  6. Jun 4, 2012
    A classic. Excellent music score. Exceptional programming. Excellent gameplay. Excellent story; multiple endings; things that happen in the game actually and effectively depend on what you do (ex. what you look at). Terrifying. I think of this game almost as a perfect game -- the only thing I could complain about is that maybe the system used to track how the player plays the game has someA classic. Excellent music score. Exceptional programming. Excellent gameplay. Excellent story; multiple endings; things that happen in the game actually and effectively depend on what you do (ex. what you look at). Terrifying. I think of this game almost as a perfect game -- the only thing I could complain about is that maybe the system used to track how the player plays the game has some minor flaws: I would look at all items (ex. posters) to get my character to react to them (say something), but I found out that the game took this as interest in the items, rather my actual intention, and stored these as valid statistics to use. Expand
  7. May 30, 2013
    This game is one of the best games, I've ever played on the Nintendo Wii. I played the other versions, too (PS2, PSP) and I have to say, that the wii-version actually is the best. I like the controls and also the story. And for the Wii it has amazing graphics, too.
    Buy it. You won't regret it!
  8. Aug 28, 2013
    When I first played this game I was like "wow, this looks really good". Really good to the point that I had to pause to make sure I was holding a Wiimote. I was. Then I kept playing and was just blown away by the lighting and snow effects. I paused again to make sure my Wiimote had not interfaced with an 360 or PS3 or PC in order to trick me into thinking Wii games could look like this. ItWhen I first played this game I was like "wow, this looks really good". Really good to the point that I had to pause to make sure I was holding a Wiimote. I was. Then I kept playing and was just blown away by the lighting and snow effects. I paused again to make sure my Wiimote had not interfaced with an 360 or PS3 or PC in order to trick me into thinking Wii games could look like this. It had not. Finally I had to stop the game a third time. This time because I was afraid. Very afraid. Expand
  9. Oct 18, 2013
    Shattered Memories is the kind of game that won't resonate very strongly with many people, but for others like myself, it will definitely hit home in a way that will never be forgotten. To me, it was an emotional journey among the ranks of games as varied as The Walking Dead and Journey, and it far exceeded that of the emotions which were elicited from Heavy Rain. Everyone's experience isShattered Memories is the kind of game that won't resonate very strongly with many people, but for others like myself, it will definitely hit home in a way that will never be forgotten. To me, it was an emotional journey among the ranks of games as varied as The Walking Dead and Journey, and it far exceeded that of the emotions which were elicited from Heavy Rain. Everyone's experience is going to be different, however, and so I should add that the reason why I felt personally connected to this game (moreso than any other I've played) is because the central theme revolves around the concept of "reimagining" or fantasizing about life in the way that it could have been, if only something or other was "different" about it. The ending of the game was incredibly emotionally charged and struck out in my mind for many months afterwards. Climax has done amazingly well at retaining the spirit of the Silent Hill series with its reimagining of the original game, while simultaneously improving upon the execution and doing a far better job in terms of gameplay. This game is a seriously underrated work of art that's superior to the original game in many ways, and even on par with Silent Hill 2 in terms of story. Expand
  10. Jan 26, 2014
    This is an absolute awesome game. It's more of a psychological thriller than a horror game, because it focuses more on psychological plot points rather than lots of blood, guts and horror.

The main character is just an ordinary dad looking for his missing daughter after their car crashed, so it makes perfect sense why he haven't got a single weapon to defend himself with. He does what most of us would do in a similar situation, we would run!

A really enjoying and entertaining game, you'll likely never play a similar one again.

1. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is without a doubt one of the year’s finest games, and is another example of a well made third-party game for the Wii.
  2. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories takes some bold, unpredictable risks with this venerated franchise, and the result is a heck of a lot more interesting than yet another survival horror game with motion-assisted aiming might have been.
  3. Shattered Memories is in some ways a true return to form for the series, although with recent news of Akira Yamaoka—whose music and vision has consistently defined the series—leaving Konami, it may be the last true Silent Hill game, period.