Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Wii

5.6

1. Dec 26, 2011
    My children received this game from a relative who lives far away for Christmas only to get it home and find that it doesn't work. The "portal" will only recognize the character if it's held about 6 inches over the portal. Once it's placed on the portal a alert comes up on the game asking you to place the character on the portal. After looking online for a way to solve this problem I seeMy children received this game from a relative who lives far away for Christmas only to get it home and find that it doesn't work. The "portal" will only recognize the character if it's held about 6 inches over the portal. Once it's placed on the portal a alert comes up on the game asking you to place the character on the portal. After looking online for a way to solve this problem I see that many people are having similar problems with the "portal", including dead spots, not registering characters, not working at all, etc.

Now the idea behind this game is obviously all about selling packs of additional characters to add to your arsenal. That being said, you should be able to toss this portal off a building and have it still work. Once the portal is broken, which seems incredibly easy considering the age group this game is aimed at, the sales of additional characters comes to a halt.

I have tried to contact Activision for 3 days and have had no luck. The phone line brings you to automated answers to questions that any person who read the directions already knows and then hangs up on you. The website, after filling out all the information, returned me to a screen that stated "you cannot create an account at this time" NICE!

I would recommend staying away from Activision products (see MW3 review) until they realize that ripping people off is NOT an acceptable business practice.
  2. Aug 14, 2012
    a very addicting franchise, i only intended to collect a few of the toys, but once i started, i couldnt stop! now im only missing two figures, not including the legendary figures, i want more boomer and wham shells in stock, along with the rest of the skylanders, they are in too low stock country-wide (U.S.A) and i think they aren't working hard enough to make them more available evena very addicting franchise, i only intended to collect a few of the toys, but once i started, i couldnt stop! now im only missing two figures, not including the legendary figures, i want more boomer and wham shells in stock, along with the rest of the skylanders, they are in too low stock country-wide (U.S.A) and i think they aren't working hard enough to make them more available even though they said they were, but its a very innovative game style and i like the colorful figures and how they interact with the portal of power and how Richard Horvitz (voice of invader zim, my favorite tv show) voices the main villian, Kaos! FEAR HIS GIANT FLOATING HEAD! :DDDDD Expand
  3. Jan 19, 2015
    This is a very nice game, unlike the others in the franchise.

Pros
    -Plenty to explore
    -Entertaining story
    -fun battle

Cons
    -Poor Graphics

You must check out this game.
  4. Oct 17, 2011
    When I got this game, I wasn't expecting too much (good few hours of fun) but this game is addictive! It is great to be able to swap characters on the fly, the environments and music are great. I would recommend this game for any parents who have kids (I even found myself playing co-op with my son!)
  5. Nov 4, 2011
    An adult gamer here who decided to give Skylanders a whirl after reading all the positive reviews (from other adults). The game is marketed for kids/families, but trust me, once you enter this magical world, you'll find it hard to put down. In fact, once night of playing a few levels will almost a guarantee you'll be running to your local retailer or searching on-line for new collectibleAn adult gamer here who decided to give Skylanders a whirl after reading all the positive reviews (from other adults). The game is marketed for kids/families, but trust me, once you enter this magical world, you'll find it hard to put down. In fact, once night of playing a few levels will almost a guarantee you'll be running to your local retailer or searching on-line for new collectible action figures to blast into the included "Portal of Power". Speaking of which, these action figure scuplts are quite impressive, with great detail and paint jobs! Drop 'em on the cool multi-color, glowing portal and take them for a spin in the world of Skylander. Between finding treasures, taking on special heroic quests, searching for Soul Gems, acquiring hats which add character stats, seeking out hidden areas and purchasing upgrades, there's LOTS to see and do. Not to mention, the fun of switching characters and building up their abilities. The starter kit comes with three characters, but in order to unlock certain side-quest-like areas, you'll need to have at least one character from each elemental class. At $8.00 each, it's worth the extra fun You can still finish the game with the three including characters, but trust me, you'll want more. In addition, there are actual adventure sets for around $19.95 that expand the Skylander universe with a new character, new "themed" areas to tackle and magical objects that can be placed on the portal to enhance your quest. If you like games like Gauntlet Legend combined with a Dungeon crawl style affair, you'll simply love Skylanders. I'm no fan of Activision, but they sure have hit it out of the park with this one. Welcome back Spyro - you are now forgiven for that charmless past. Expand
  6. Jun 8, 2012
    I think the negative reviews for this game are way too harsh... As soon as my 7 year old saw the commercials for this game he was on me non-stop for WEEKS to get it - you can avoid the $70 new price by picking it up on Amazon, I got it for about $45... as for the game itself it's pretty much exactly what parents look for in a game - keeping the kid(s) occupied FOR HOURS at a time....I think the negative reviews for this game are way too harsh... As soon as my 7 year old saw the commercials for this game he was on me non-stop for WEEKS to get it - you can avoid the $70 new price by picking it up on Amazon, I got it for about $45... as for the game itself it's pretty much exactly what parents look for in a game - keeping the kid(s) occupied FOR HOURS at a time.... graphics are awesome, and I especially liked the fact the hints are actually spoken by the characters, so you don't have to spend a lot of time reading screen after screen, this can be especially tedious for the little ones who aren't real good at reading yet... the kids love the interaction with the Portal of Power and changing out the characters which is really simple and fun. When considering this game just be ready to be hounded to death by your kid(s) wanting to keep getting new Skylanders, at $8 a pop it can get expensive. Game is really pretty easy (almost too easy) but that can be good for the younger kids who are easily frustrated. The biggest problem I had was enforcing the rule that we're not gonna KEEP going back to buy more interactive characters, 5 was about my limit and once they understood that they played it all the way through... Definitely not a disappointment! Expand
  7. Aug 9, 2013
    Great Game! It's a well designed game with lots of replay-ability and collectors and kids in mind. Unlike Tabletop figure games these figures can played alone or with a friend at any time on the console and its available for almost all of them. The figures also retain their stats so you can play at a friend's house too. What's even better is that old figures from this game work on the newGreat Game! It's a well designed game with lots of replay-ability and collectors and kids in mind. Unlike Tabletop figure games these figures can played alone or with a friend at any time on the console and its available for almost all of them. The figures also retain their stats so you can play at a friend's house too. What's even better is that old figures from this game work on the new game which also brings its set of figures and not to mention it's a yearly franchise so each year we get new figures and a new set of stages to play in(each game has around 16~25 stages not counting the heroics). Expand
  8. Apr 30, 2014
    I love this game. The plot is amazing. I just love collecting all of the skylanders. Sometimes my mom even plays with me! It makes me tremble in fear and sometimes just feel really happy! 10/10

#7 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#10 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Jan 10, 2012
    It's an awesome game, the only caveat being that it has more hidden fees than most airlines.
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    Dec 7, 2011
    A fun, silly, occasionally challenging romp. [Dec 2011, p.67]
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    Skylanders has a smart concept that has been implented very professionaly. The toys that you use with the Portal really star in this game that is fun for young and old.