Speed Racer Wii

7.9

1. Nov 21, 2015
    A good fun game whihc has some similaries to f-zero but you can smash your car againt other racers to protect yourself. The tracks can get boring but its a solid racing game!
  2. Jun 16, 2014
    You complain there's no fzero game on the wii....we'll here it is! It's more easy but still good. The car-fu is the only car compat I actually like in racing games. It's a awesome game that racing fans should play!
  3. Dec 16, 2012
    This is a very good racing game; in the leagues of Mario Kart perhaps. While the movie was terrible, this is one of the exceptions to the common law that "movie video games suck." There are only five main racetracks but they courses are altered so you can get 6 different tracks out of one scenario. There are also a wide array of characters to choose from and they all have their ownThis is a very good racing game; in the leagues of Mario Kart perhaps. While the movie was terrible, this is one of the exceptions to the common law that "movie video games suck." There are only five main racetracks but they courses are altered so you can get 6 different tracks out of one scenario. There are also a wide array of characters to choose from and they all have their own unique race car. One thing that I surprisingly liked was "Car Fu", which is doing Karate and Kung Fu moves with your car on other racers. The points you get from these moves can are turned into energy in a bar. When the energy fills up, you have a speed boost. The nice thing about these speed boosts though, is that they can stack upon one another (to a max of 4) and releasing all 4 simultaneously will turn you into an unstoppable speed machine. If you were uninspired by the movie, don't let that influence your decision to play this game. BUY. Expand
  4. Jun 7, 2012
    Speed Racer!!!!!!! The movie is a funny disaster, but the game OMG is amazing and funny, have all the cars that appear in the movie. Speed Racer is a great game.
  5. BrentG.
    Nov 28, 2008
    This is the ultimate Wii racing game. From the incredible graphics to the fantastic music to the wide variety of race courses and all of the "Car Fu" action, it is our families favorite Wii game from our 5 year old to Dad. The game really brings the car racing concept of the movie to life. This one game made the Wii worth owning and we are still playing it enthusiastically months later.
  6. EliIdono
    Jun 11, 2008
    My friends little bro picked it up, and I have to say, not so bad. It has the I always win easy feel to it and the easy Im better feeling, it is like a fps where you never die, every racing game just is plain hard this tones it down and lets you sit back and actually just play!
  7. RockyM.
    May 7, 2008
    Hey this is a must buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey hey hey i know it comes only a week after kart! but woah (my bad keanu lol) for a game i am sure none of us expected anything from(being a movie tie in and all)wow this game delivers lets call it a combination of f-zero gx burnout with a slight dash of mario kart thrown in, the voice overs from the real actors is fun and a great touch, the car fu Hey this is a must buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey hey hey i know it comes only a week after kart! but woah (my bad keanu lol) for a game i am sure none of us expected anything from(being a movie tie in and all)wow this game delivers lets call it a combination of f-zero gx burnout with a slight dash of mario kart thrown in, the voice overs from the real actors is fun and a great touch, the car fu is natural once u get the hang, the speed ....well like i said f-zero on the wii comes to mind , the control is really good the soundtrack nice , i cant say enough even if the w bros. jack the movie up at least wb interactive gave us the best speed racer game to date , on a final note on a system that lacks an f-zero or a wave race(to long time nintendo franchises)this is a needed and welcomed arcade addition to the wii, finally a third party racing game not from the big n that is worth the price of admission, o btw the graphics are decent for a wii game no seriously they are lol. Expand
  8. Jun 7, 2012

#57 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#59 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Speed Racer at its core is an amazing game, with great depth, control, and nice difficulty progression. Perhaps Sidhe Interactive will use this great engine (and maybe even the Speed Racer license) for another title with more inspired track design, better graphics, and a more fully-featured package overall.
    For what it is, with voiceovers from the actors, what I imagine is probably movie soundtrack, and some excellent-looking, swift racing with seriously fun combat stunts, Speed Racer: The Videogame is awesome.
    Speed Racer is a decent racing game, but it never gets your adrenaline pumping. Even the movie connection doesn't juice up the show. Also, unlike most racing for Nintendo systems, only two players can race in split screen mode, and there's no online mode at all.