Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Wii

7.1

1. Sep 12, 2010
    Alright, I never NEVER write a review on meta of a game I haven't played all the way through, but half an hour was literally all I could take of this game. The storyline so far was geeking along pleasantly with glossy cutscenes when suddenly, WHAM! Gameplay, true believers! And boy was it bad. Because I was playing the Wii version, I expected an inferior visual presentation, no surpriseAlright, I never NEVER write a review on meta of a game I haven't played all the way through, but half an hour was literally all I could take of this game. The storyline so far was geeking along pleasantly with glossy cutscenes when suddenly, WHAM! Gameplay, true believers! And boy was it bad. Because I was playing the Wii version, I expected an inferior visual presentation, no surprise there. But what is inexcusable (other developers, take note) is the p1ss-poor control scheme that literally had me incessantly shaking my left fist and positively WANKING THROUGH AN ENTIRE BOSS BATTLE. WTF?!?! As a Nintendo console owner, I realize that many developers think that because the Wii has a unique motion control capability, that this capability must be utilized for every game. Well, let me be the 300 millionth person to debunk this. It's not like this particular game doesn't has a control mapping that could have been implemented optionally for the Classic Controller: the freaking game is on XBOX and PS3! Just make it available in the options menu! The ridiculously bad control scheme kills this entire port and the worst part is IT DIDN'T HAVE TO! But whatever, it's your bull5hit franchise. Meanwhile my perfectly-crafted sleek matte-black under-used and under-appreciated Japanese import Classic Controller will be weighing down my stationery. It's criminal. 0 points total for foot-shooting. Expand

#89 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#65 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

Activision and Treyarch were given a blank slate to create whatever Spider-inspired tale they wanted, and they put together a game starring a whiney hero, a foggy story, repetitive gameplay, and a focus on pretty combat combos instead of engaging combat mechanics.
  2. Web of Shadows keeps the Spider-man gaming legacy going but with some bumps and bruises. Depending on your tastes the bruises might be more of a compound fracture.
  3. The best part about Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is the total freedom you are allowed in not only choosing what to do and when to do it, but also how to do it and what you wear while you're doing it. And when you mix this freedom of gameplay with a massive sprawling city that reaches to the clouds, and an endless supply of intelligent evildoers, there is no end in sight to the superhero action waiting for you in this latest Spider-Man adventure.