8.9

1. Nov 17, 2014
    A very fun game over all keeping to the classic ways that paved the way that Mario games are now made and also contains amazing graffics and gameplay.
  2. Nov 13, 2014
    A game that transcends logical physics to bring fun, an experience that occurs in a large world for a platformer, and a masterpiece filled with fun power-ups, levels, and a good number of challenges, Super Mario Galaxy is the game that defines the Wii, if not the 7th Gen.
  3. Nov 12, 2014
    best game ever made. period. Mario has always had the best games and this is Nintendo's best work. The platforming is precise and all mistakes are the players fault. everything is done beautifully. also, Rosalina is kick ass.
  4. Nov 11, 2014
    Such an amazing 3d Mario game and although some may agree that it's not as original as sunshine, I personally preferred it. It also led to an amazing sequel with some may believe was better.
  5. Oct 25, 2014
    Always loved mario, but it was until mario64 that it became one of my fav games and earned from me the title as best videogame ever, is the only classic game that in my opinion got better with the jump to 3D, for example, "new super mario bros" is nice and fun, but empty of challenge and imagination. Everything 2d mario could made was done in mario3 for the nes.

Mario galaxy is still at
    the top of the foodchain in videogaming, no game has even come close, maybe zelda which i love, but this is still the best game. Will take years maybe decades if we're not lucky for a game to surpass the imagination that went behind this masterpiece, this is the only videogame so far that gives you a more or less 4D experience. Tight control, nice soundtrack, every stage is different, 10 different games could came out of this one actually! This is the reason i need to own every nintendo console, im still waiting for "gakaxy 3". NEVER let the childish look of mario fool you, this is as best as videogaming can get. Expand
  6. Oct 23, 2014
    Awesome!, Really Perfect, I Loved The Design, Music, And Gameplay, One Of The Best Games For The Wii, Is A Godlike!, Is A Real Godlike, I Give It A 10
  7. Oct 19, 2014
    One of the best Nintendo Wii games to play! Only complain goes to character controlling, which sometimes does not input the right command. Can´t remeber how many times I died in this game because of this...
  8. Oct 13, 2014
    It's really hard to control Mario and camera sometimes, leading to frustrating moments. Also, I am not a fan of the concept "repeat the same level 10 times and always do something slightly differently", I prefer platformers where each level is a unique experience.
  9. Oct 6, 2014
    8,6 million sold copies is pretty disappointing for such a MASTERPIECE. this game is a must play wii-game, everything about is just so good. it has really good graphics, complex story, and the most memorable bosses in the Mario series. the new gimmick they give you is AMAZING.
  10. Sep 26, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy Nintendo's gift to last gen Console Era.
    Mario was the go to Franchise that never lets you down. The game play was made for any person to understand. for the causal to the hard core gamer, as of game play this game has set a hole new level for the plat forming genera, with all new Princess to save new enemies that you deal with that only Mario does best with use of the
    wii mote. this game has so much to do! there are games with in the game even though the title is not a two player type. I say this because with the secondary wii mote player two can collect falling stars the hero can use during his adventure in play. This game is not all bells and whistles and no where a perfect game but damn near close. right now this game is a must have in any game players Collection.
    Well if you have not yet play Mario Galaxy. I tell you this "stop living under your rock" Get it today.
  11. Sep 14, 2014
    Mario blasts off into outer-space with Super Mario Galaxy! Letsa go solve puzzles by using gravity! The star system is back and better than ever! Now let's go blast off into space and get into the gravity-defying journey!
  12. Sep 13, 2014
    +Great, creative level design
    +Nice change to the Mario formula
    -Controls take a while to get use to
    -Camera certainly does not help you out during gravity sections
  13. Sep 11, 2014
    Simply put. The best 3D Mario game ever made, and quite possible the best Mario game ever. Super Mario Galaxy is the definition of a perfect video game, if there is such a thing. The levels, plat-forming challenges, anti-gravity, and overall gameplay is top-notch with very, VERY little error. The graphics are the best that the Wii has to offer, this game looks absolutely fantastic, while the Wii was graphically and technically inferior to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, Nintendo made the best use of what they had, and Super Mario Galaxy gives many games on the 360 and PS3 a run for their money for just being absolutely gorgeous to look at. And the music.. Never before has a Mario game's soundtrack been so beautifully done like Galaxy's.The orchestral approach was the best outcome possible for this soundtrack. Gusty Garden, Battlerock, Good Egg, Space Junk, and Rosalina at the Observatory are simply a joy to listen.
    If you own a Wii or Wii U and you haven't played Super Mario Galaxy. Then what on earth is the matter with you!! Play this game, NOW!
  14. Sep 11, 2014
    Without a doubt my favorite video game of all time. "Super Mario Galaxy" has a great plot, amazing gameplay, beautiful graphics and music, and tons of stuff to do. It's difficulty ranges from relatively easy to very difficult by the end of the game, and it can be a good challenge for pretty much any gamer at some of the more difficult points but not so difficult to casual gamers won't enjoy it. I recommend it to pretty much everyone. Expand
  15. Aug 6, 2014
    This is the best 3D platformer ever made. Period. I haven't played part 2 yet, but it can only tie this one at best. I am enjoying 3D world and only played about half of 64 (which for its time was the best), but this one will stand at the top of the heap for quite a loooong time I suspect. I don't give 10s, but this time I do.
  16. Jul 23, 2014
    This is the best Mario game I've ever played. Heck, It may be the best WII game I've ever played. This game has TONS of replay value. The levels are fun to play, the story is excellent, and the soundtrack......... words cannot describe how much I love this soundtrack!!!
  17. Jun 30, 2014
    An all-time favourite of mine and tied as my favourite Mario game with it's sequel. Super Mario Galaxy was the funnest time I had on the Wii in single-player. Running around planets upside-down and being fired out of volcanoes with a quick shake of the Wii remote for the first time are some gaming moments that'll stick with me forever. This game was just full of 'wow' moments. As you'd expect from a Mario game the level design was perfect and so was the music and gameplay. The camera issues often plaguing 3D platformers were pretty much non-existent here. This thing was a delight to play. Visually, it's one of the stand-out games for the Wii (although slightly eclipsed by its successor in this particular field). The game just oozed originality and my excitement in playing it is one I haven't felt since I was a kid playing Mario 64. A magical, magical game. Expand
  18. Jun 9, 2014
    This is by far the best Mario game of all time. The graphics first of all deserve beyond a 10, I mean, this was a game of 2007! The presentation was absolutely beautiful and matches the current Mario games, or even excelling them. The soundtrack is also one of the best in all the Mario games. There are still your usual quirky up-beat themes showcased from other games, but there are also some very beautiful orchestral arrangements which bring the soundtrack over the top. The gameplay and controls of this game are the thing that really brings it over the top though. This games innovation with the gravity mechanics and the 3D planets, etc. was BRILLIANT! It is so fun to explore the planets and have fun with the gravity, even if it becomes bothersome at times. I could rant all day about this game but you should just get it yourself if you don't have it already and play the **** out of it. This game is a must buy despite what others say and is a game that will leave a legacy for years to come! Expand
  19. Jun 5, 2014
    A great game from the Mario Franchise. It's got different kinds of game play, and lumas are adorable. Especially hungry lumas. What I really like is that if you're friend or sibling wants to play you can both be involved because the second player can use a wiimote to get starbits, and hold things and enemies in place to help out player one. it's actually really fun collecting starbits and being able to hold things. You can even click on player one to make him jump, which can be used for evil, haha. Expand
  20. May 24, 2014
    This game is just a diamond but not rare to find. My relationship with this game is amazing from this was my first Mario actually my first Nintendo game and is why I'm still a fan and still love Mario. The game design is like something you would see in movie that won best picture. The music oh my days the music, not only the best soundtrack for Mario but probably the greatest music I've ever herd.to bring it all down this game wait not game, Masterpiece is why you should get a wii, why I love Mario, and why I love video games I give this a Giant ten. Thank you Mario and Thank you Nintendo Expand
  21. May 19, 2014
    This game is a really fun and enjoyable 3D Mario game that will challenge and excite gamers like myself. My only gripe with this game is the basic storyline but everything else is spot on.
  22. May 3, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy loves imaginative minds. As more mature audiences can still enjoy everything about Super Mario Galaxy, young children seem to love it the most. It leads them to wonder what planets they will discover, what people they will meet, and how they will traverse this enormous playground in the unlimited. I'm sure you know why this game is amazing, but you might not know how much more amazing it is through the eyes of a child. If you have a child between the ages of 7-10, give them Super Mario Galaxy and watch them gradually master the game and some day beat it with the inner thought of, "What If?" Although, don't be afraid that they will run out of things to do, they will find what to do. Trust me, I experienced it. Expand
  23. Apr 11, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy is without a doubt one of the greatest Mario games ever made. First off the story is really good, even for just a generic "Bowser kidnaps Peach", it does more with some cool themes and even a little bit of darkness to it, I also like the character, Rosalina, and later on in the game you will hear of a back story about her with I think is something I really like that they put in a Mario game. The Gameplay is pretty much near-flawless, it controls fine and there is some great levels and designs; speaking of designs, this game has some of the best graphics on the Wii, it almost looks HD! I also like that Luigi is in this game after his absence in SM64 and SMS, he was pretty fun to play. Overall SMG is one of the greatest Mario games and one of the greatest Wii games out there. An essential game to add to your Wii Library. Expand
  24. Mar 20, 2014
    sorry Nintendo but super Mario Galaxy is way to easy to beat and it doesn't help that mario's new fighting style is saddling. everything is very easy to beat and the boss battles are nothing to talk about for they are also easy. of course theirs the perk of very memorable levels and the graphics are a nice touch to the game ,but the game was just to easy for my liking. and why in the heck did they add the 2 player option that literally does nothing to help out much in the game just shooting star-bits all over the place. sorry nintendo you lost me with this game Expand
  25. Mar 12, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy came out in 2007. To this day, I still am playing this game. As a Mario fan, this game took what I love and made it better. A great game that to this day, still holds its value! 8/10
  26. Mar 8, 2014
    The greatest game of all time is what people, and it's easy to see why. With a never-thought of-gameplay, beautiful visuals that makes HD games look bland, and Bowser at his cruelest, this is game is a must have for any generations.
  27. Feb 27, 2014
    The best wii game ever released. pitch perfect platforming and stunning graphics and art design for a wii game nintendo has set a high bar for itself with this gem.
  28. Feb 27, 2014
    My all time favorite. I remember my joy of when I got my Wii on Christmas day 2007, and then just a few hours later when the rest of my family came over I unwrapped this masterpiece. It became my entire childhood and to this day I have never played a game that had come any where close to matching it. It was probably one of the saddest days of my life when stupid me broke the disc, I was traumatized for days.

This game proved with its graphics that 480p can be gorgeous and that HD doesn't matter. Its incredible controls cannot be matched by any other. The music puts you to tears every time and unlike most titles, the soundtrack is worth buying. This game here is what made me a gamer.

This game here showed me the beautiful light of Nintendo. And I will treasure this game for the rest of my life. Just a few months ago I got a new copy of the game and pulled all nighters playing it and felt emotions I will probably never feel again. I will never get over my feelings for this masterpiece that we have all experienced.
  29. Feb 25, 2014
    I've been a gamer for a large portion of my life. I've played basically every single genre of video game at least once. I've mowed down demons in doom and scored hole in ones in Wii golf. With that as subtext for this review, I believe that I should get out of the way the fact that the original Super Mario Galaxy and it's sequel are tied for my personal favorite game of all time. That's an incredibly forward statement, I know, but there are so few things I can even fathom to nit-pick out of the game that I won't even bother to try. The game-play is spectacular with controls so impossibly refined that Mario constantly feels like an extension of my own body, making even the seemingly impossible levels entirely plausible. Whilst the game starts out reasonably easy, Nintendo's mastery of well constructed difficulty curves begins to shine about a quarter of the way through. Often an after thought in games, the music of Super Mario Galaxy is not only one of it's best aspects, it is (in my opinion) the single greatest soundtrack to be found in a video game. Once again, I understand what that statement means, but seriously, have you heard this stuff? I'm not lying, if you haven't heard this games sound track, you have not lived yet. It's an amazing mix of stirring orchestrations and rhythmic compositions. I could gush over this game for absolutely ages, but unfortunately, I have to go and replay it again because I'm suffering from withdrawal. All I can say is if you haven't played this game, go out to your nearest game retailer, and buy it. If you don't have the system to play it, then go buy one of those to (you can buy a Wii for basically the same price as the game now after all those price drops). Go. Do it now. I'm serious, go. Expand
  30. Feb 14, 2014
    Favorite game of all time finished it 13 times and still can't get enough also it is a huge leap for Nintendo now all we need is super mario galaxy 3 to save the wii u
  31. Feb 9, 2014
    Great Game! It was my first Wii game that I played, I absolutely love it, it's a ton of fun! I think everyone should buy it! really good graphics! really good storyline for a Mario game ( not bashing Mario story writers)
  32. Feb 7, 2014
    Another amazing piece of platforming genius from Nintendo. Like most modern Mario games, it can be quite clinical at times. But for gameplay and fun, there's little better
  33. Feb 3, 2014
    Hands down the best game Nintendo have ever created. This game is the pinnacle of their creative brilliance and every minute was entertaining, unique and a pleasure to play. It has the appeal of the other 3D Mario games but excels in it's own ideas which are not present in many Nintendo games today. It's amazing, if you haven't played it please do.
  34. PMG
    Jan 31, 2014
    This game is easy, but to me it still is the best WII game. With so many big and interesting levels, bosses like King fin, Boulder geist and Bowser, the sweet power ups, Rosalina and the comet observatory all help to make this my favorite Mario game ever.
  35. Jan 30, 2014
    Such gaming goodness! So satisfying to collect the stars and the level design makes me go all gooey.. The only issue I have is with control - controlling Mario underwater can be tough.
  36. Jan 22, 2014
    A true masterpiece. I have played this game so much when i was younger... My childhood favorite! The mechanics, gameplay, all executed perfectly. I love this game!
  37. Jan 17, 2014
    one of the most fun games that i have ever play on wii
    super mario galaxy is a must game that i enjoyed playing i love using luigi in both games once you beat game as mario however the mission are challenge but still fun
  38. Jan 14, 2014
    This game is not as good as most Mario games, but I still like it. It's not bad, but it's just not as good as Super Paper Mario or New Super Mario Bros. or things like that. It's beautiful, but it's also pretty hard.

jonaahh age 5
  39. Jan 9, 2014
    What can i say about the game that has not already been said? This game is a masterpiece in gaming and a landmark in modern gaming. Everything about Galaxy is perfect, just absolutely everything. I don't have a single complaint about this game. Get this is game if you don't have it.
  40. Jan 9, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy is an excellent game. The graphics are amazing, and with 120 stars to collect, the game will definitely keep the player entertained for a long time.
    Amazing graphics, music, gameplay, control, and design.
  41. Jan 4, 2014
    One of the best games ever made. This game takes everything Super Mario 64 had, and made this 10 times better. Probably the only game that outdoes it last gen was galaxy 2.
  42. Jan 2, 2014
    Probably one of the most imaginative and well designed games I have ever played, seemingly designed for children, but more than just a little fitting for anyone more mature. This game offers fantastic platforming segments, as well as interesting level design and a touching story on the side.

The main story is, of course, rather more of the same; princess gets kidnapped, Mario goes to
    rescue her. But what sets this game apart from the others lies in the game mechanics; it sees you jumping from planet to planet, gathering star bits (seemingly the currency in the game) and navigating elaborate obstacles and challenges. This game is more than just jumping and dodging; some involve clever tactics, others require you to search the environment for clues.

This game is also far from small; you must gather around 200 stars to fully accomplish the game, and not all of those will come easy to you, as is obvious in Mario galaxy's almost punishing bonus challenges, which appear in the form of "prankster comets". These offer special challenges to levels you have previously completed, such as only being able to take one hit of damage, or racing against time. Difficult, but certainly a welcome challenge.

Overall, fantastic, very nearly flawless game. It is well deserving of a perfect score, and of all the great scores it seems to have attained from official critics. Nintendo does it again.
  43. Dec 22, 2013
    I'm just going to start off by saying, this game is freaking amazing. The only people that have any reason not to like it are people who think anything without perfect graphics is bad. And even though the graphics aren't that great, if Nintendo gave it super amazing graphics, would it even feel like a mario game? No, no it wouldn't! And even though the graphics aren't insane, they still look friggin pretty. And if you hate on it because your too "hardcore" for mario or it's too "easy", then you are allergic to fun. Isn't that what games set out to do? Give you a fun game to play? Hell, I almost cried with joy when I first beat the game! And that's one of the beauty of the game itself. Does it have replay value? No, not really. But if you want to complete the full game, it'll take you a pretty long while anyway. What I'm trying to say, is if you have a Wii, then you're probably not going to get much more hardcore than this anyway. But, if it just happens that you have a Wii, then this is an absloute MUST HAVE. And I can't tell you how amazing the music is, either. It fits every location perfectly. I don't know what those developers were smoking, but whatever it is, I want some. Some people say that it gets a little too heavy at times (specifically boss fights), but here's two reasons or rather, objections to that. If it's too loud or whatever, there's probably a volume switch on your TV. Also, most of the time, I at least, am too immersed in the game to even notice the music. But if it wasn't there, then it would be empty and silent. The level design is fantastic, the music is pheonamonal, and the gameplay is near perfect. I'm just here to say, I REALLY FRICKING LOVE THIS GAME. If you have a Wii, about 20 bucks, and a craving for fun, then this is a MUST HAVE. Expand
  44. Dec 13, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is the third 3D Super Mario video game, after Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, and the first main series Mario video game to be released for the Nintendo Wii.
    The story of the game starts with the star festival that happens every one hundred years where the mushroom kingdom celebrates the arrival of the comet. Princess Peach writes a letter to Mario to invite
    him to the festival. As Mario reaches the castle, Bowser attacks the town and uproots the earth around the castle and lifts it into space, Mario on the mound of earth with the castle gets shot down by Kamek and lands on a planet. There, he meets a few Lumas who lead him to Rosalina and she tells him that Bowser has taken the Princess to the centre of the universe and must retrieve Power Stars to reach there, she also entrusts a Luma simply named 'Luma' into his care.
    The primary gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy is similar to that of the previous three dimensional Mario games. Mario can perform various jumps like the backflip and the long jump, the new gameplay mechanic is that because 'Luma' joins Mario, there is the new spin attack move where you can stun enemies, destroy objects and use it to gain additional height and reach higher places. The main hub of the game is the Comet Observatory where you can enter different domes to access different galaxies. Each galaxy has various missions and the goal is to get the power star at the end just like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine The more Power stars you collect, the more galaxies you have access to. However, unlike those games your health capacity is only three instead of eight, you can collect coins to regain health when damaged and also star bits which you can shoot at enemies to stun them.
    The level designs of Super Mario Galaxy are interesting ad has a great colour palette. The graphics of the game are also unique as they are spherical planets instead of just flat land and it really plays around with gravity. The soundtrack is also well orchestrated and is very beautiful. The game is very challenging as I had lost many lives because of hazards or tough bosses, this is great for those who are looking for a difficult video game. The controls are responsive as using the 'spin' ability is activated by shaking the Wii remote and it works well. In addition, the game has a cooperative multiplayer mode where the second player is in control of a pointer which can help Mario by stopping enemies and certain hazards, collect and shoot star bits and also help Mario make higher jumps, I fid it useful as it can help to get through the levels easier considering they can be tough. My only nit-pick with the game is that the levels in Super Mario Galaxy are smaller than in its predecessors.
    Super Mario Galaxy is truly a masterpiece of the seventh generation of home consoles. With brilliant level designs, graphics, gameplay and a wonderfully made soundtrack, this game is a must-have for the Nintendo Wii owners and if you do not have one, this is one the reasons why you should get one. I give this game a 10/10.
  45. Dec 3, 2013
    Pure perfection. That's all there is to be said. The power ups are amazing and really enhance the gameplay, and each level brings on something new, creative, and challenging. Super Mario Galaxy is a must have for anyone who has a wii, or anyone who appreciates video games, for that matter.
  46. Nov 2, 2013
    let me start this off by saying that super mario galaxy is one of the best games of all time, it just might be the best game of all time and it is without a doubt the best mario game ever. now the story is basic, bowser wants peach so he takes here into space. and the gameplay, it's amazing, you control mario on an incredible adventure through space and you'll go through all kinds of galaxies that are very different from each other, the galaxies are the levels of this game. and the objective of the game is like super mario sunshine, find the shine sprite, however in this game you're finding power stars which are like shine sprites. when you start the game you are greeted with one of the best cutscenes in any video game ever. then you go on an adventure that mario and you will never forget. there are over 40 galaxies to explore in this game, and they are so great, one of my favorite galaxies is the honeyhive galaxy, this galaxy has you trying to protect the bees from their enemies the manabugs, and another galaxy called the ghostly galaxy is like luigi's mansion all over again, only this time you play as mario and you have to find luigi in a haunted mansion. and probably my all time favorite galaxy the one made out of toys, you also platform on a gaint 8-bit mario, that is probably to this day the best level in any super mario game to this day. the controls are also great and you use the wii remote to point at the screen and collect star bits, star bits are to super mario galaxy, what blue coins are super mario sunshine, if you collect enough of them you can unlock extra levels. and the music in this game is BEAUTIFUL. the orchestra that played this music is great, yes i said that an orchestra played music for a super mario game. this is one of the best games i have ever played, the best game on the wii, the best game of 2007, and the best mario game. this game is a masterpeice and i HIGHLY recomend this to anyone. this game gets a 10 out of 10 score perfect not one thing is wrong with this game. Expand
  47. Oct 24, 2013
    I remember when my cousin had the game and said I wouldn't like it he was wrong, very wrong not only is this my favorite Wii game along with Smash Bros but this is my favorite Mario game.
  48. Oct 19, 2013
    Esse jogo e muito bom,por causa de sua dificudade,historia,etc... mas tem uns que dizem que e ruim esse jogo maravilhoso jogo de wii.
  49. Oct 18, 2013
    Super mario galaxy is an impressive game Mario's leap into space is an adventure like no other The graphics in this game are beautiful the best on wii .the soundtrack and level design is phenomenal and the gameplay is flawless You should buy it now as is one of the best games in history 9.7/10
  50. Oct 8, 2013
    The greatest Nintendo character of all time gets the best game series ever created in the form of Super Mario Galaxy.

These games are so well crafted and fun that it might be the closest thing to a 'perfect rating' a game could ever get. Everything from the fantastic level design, worlds, characters and beautiful graphics to the breathtaking scope and Bosses makes this one of the very
    best games of all time! It well deserves the attention it gets and as always, I can't wait for Nintendo's next instalment in the Mario franchise. Expand
  51. Sep 17, 2013
    A masterpiece in platforming. Sure, the story is definitely nothing novel worthy, but the graphics are masterful. Everything looks amazing. The controls are flawless, the replay value is high, and the camera is almost always in the right position. Probably one of the best parts of the game is its soundtrack. It is truly wonderful to listen to. Buy the soundtrack if you can. The difficulty is very consistent except for maybe a couple boss fights and some of the purple coin levels. If you own a Wii or Wii U, get to GameStop, BuyBacks, Amazon, or any retailer that sells this game. It is worth every single penny. Expand
  52. Sep 12, 2013
    The first time I ever laid my eyes on this awesome Mario game was back in 2007 on Halloween (No Joke).
    I am really surprised with this Mario game, I played it and loved it. Score: 4/5.
  53. Sep 7, 2013
    Fantastic game! Very lengthy, great 'story' long enough to totally enjoy, and still things left to do after you get Bowser. Camera angles got a little bit funky at times, but that's my only complaint. Solid Mario game.
  54. Aug 29, 2013
    The game is incredible with tons of levels, great gameplay, solid controls, surprisingly responsive motion controls, great bosses, average characters, a Luigi mode, and great new power ups this game is really the definitive game on the Wii (excluding cross over games).
  55. Aug 29, 2013
    This game is the grand masterpiece! Beautiful music and levels. Fantastic new Mario character: Princess Rosalina! This is the best game of all time besides Ocarina of Time! I wish, I'll be in one of these levels, because it's like dreaming... And chilling by these beautiful musics. It also features a emotional story about Rosalina's past. Finally a Mario game with story! It's Perry Rhodan in Mario style! Expand
  56. Aug 26, 2013
    I've tried playing this game twice but brought it back in the next few days. The first time was because you couldn't save in between. The second time was because once I'd finished the second level it wouldn't let me do anything (It probably would've but I didn't know how to do it. The game looks great but far too hard.
  57. Aug 16, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest Mario games period. It does everything that a Mario game should do, but does it tremendously. The platforming is challenging but still accessible to new comers and the level design oozes with creativity. One second you could be surfing with penguins and the next you are fighting against a giant robot. The motion controls are used just as much as they should be. They are primarily used for firing star bits and doing spins. The game is huge with 120 stars to collect and a second game where you play as Luigi. No level feels poorly designed and considering how many levels there are, that is saying a lot. The story is your standard Peach get captured adventure. However, what makes this story different is the character of Rosalina who has a very interesting backstory. The graphics look very polished and the soundtrack is incredible. However, what makes this game great is one thing, the fun factor. When it comes down to it, what makes a game is the gameplay and how much fun it's and Galaxy delivers in spades. If you haven't played this game yes, there is no excuse. It is one of the highest rated games of all time for a reason. Expand
  58. Aug 6, 2013
    This is by far one of the most amazing experiences on the Wii! At first, being a Mario fan, I thought this game looked a little too strange and would mess up what I always loved, but I'm happy to say that it offered another level of innovation and fun!

It adds a new theme to that fun Mario atmosphere that we always loved! This is by far one of the best games on the Wii.
  59. Aug 4, 2013
    If you own a Wii and haven't played this, GO AND GET IT NOW, IT IS THAT GOOD.

Simply put, a masterpiece.

Music is amazing, graphics and controls as well.

Every level feels unique and intriguing. It sucks you in.

10 out of 10.
  60. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is one of the best I've ever played. It may be the best game for the Wii, besides the sequel. The story is pretty good, even though it isn't very deep. It's a little confusing as well. The gameplay is great. Mario's jumps, spins, flips, superjumps, and acrobatics are all there. The powerups are fun to use, and the level design is great. I love how each level is a Galaxy, and there are plenty of them. It has some of the best graphics on the Wii, some of the best music in a videogame ever. Although it's fairly easy, playing a children's game has never been more enjoyable. Expand
  61. Jul 25, 2013
    Wow. Just wow. Nintendo know how to make a good mario game, that much is for certain. Super Mario Galaxy is a 3D platformer with a unique difference. Hence the name, Mario's in space. While you could easily dismiss this as a gimmick, that is exactly what it is not. First off, it means that everything looks gorgeous. The Wii isn't HD, so it's amazing Nintendo managed to pull this off (but it would be even better in HD, and that's why I'd like a remake for Wii U). Everywhere, it's cosmos, but that doesn't mean Nintendo have gone for one background and reused it- every galaxy is unique in everything, including looks. Next is music. It's amazing. Recorded by an orchestra, every piece conveys the atmosphere of the galaxy (and, oh, those atmospheres are things to treasure). So that's excellent presentation. Beautiful and always, always unique. But the most important thing that Galaxy introduces is planet-hopping. You can run right round a planet and come back to where you were before. While this seems pointless, in reality it brings a whole new dimension to the platforming, and is used in a variety of clever, different ways. Here's the clever thing: you always use a launch star, which is like a cannon except it's a star(don't ask) to get to another planet. And most levels consist of a few conxecutive planets.The set out of the game is essentially about forty galaxies, each holding a one to six levels, or 'scenarios'. The goal of each is to collect the star at the end. The way to actually reach each galaxy is a bit like Super Mario 64- levels are in different places in your hub, the observatory. Getting to them is annoying. It's not like you get lost- it's just boring getting to them. The good-for-nothing map of the observatory doesn't help either. So each galaxy has a particular theme, and it is always very imaginative. Even the routine desert galaxy is filled with surprises. A lot of the gakaxies have levels with boss fights, and a lot of the themes of the galaxies could be turned into entirely new games themselves. There are loads of new powerups, and they are always required to progress when they appear. So they're not so much power-ups as they are like items in zelda. There's the bee suit, to name just one. Each power gives you unique abilities which are always very cleverly and creatively implemented. Each galaxy usually has one or three normal levels, then maybe a hidden star in one of the levels, and one or two comet levels. Comet levels are special stars that come into galaxies you've cleared as you progress through the game. They give you a particular aim and are always very hard. The downside is when they arrive, they replace all the other levels in that galaxy until you've completed that comet level. There's a spin jump to assist you in Super Mario Galaxy, like a double jump. The camera is perfect, never wondering. My biggest problem is that although there are checkpoints, they're not marked, so you've no idea where you'll respawn if you die. There's also a mode where a second player can assist Mario by collecting star bits(in game currency) for them among other things, but this mode is too limited. Overall, Galaxy is a fantastic game and one of the best if not the best, refreshing plstforners around. Expand
  62. Jul 19, 2013
    Lamest game ever I should have never bought this game.
  63. Jul 18, 2013
    Since Super Mario 64 we didn´t associate Mario to a perfect game until this game came out. Brilliant technically, really funny, new, fresh, and long. It will take you several months to get the 242 stars that the game has. Difficulty is high but reasonable, and every level surprise you in a different way.
  64. Jul 9, 2013
    I got it I HATE THIS STUPID GAME. Why? the 2nd player only gets to collect star WHICH IS STUPID that is why I hate this STUPID GAME. If I made a bottom 10 Mario games, it WILL BE #1
  65. Jul 2, 2013
    Sorry how I posted a half finished review. I meant to click check spelling because I misspelled exalted. But I wasn't paying attention and clicked submit. So let's pick up where I left off. .

is and how complex is her backstory. You can actually read exactly what happened to her once you access the library in the hub. And also, the game is a technical masterpiece for not only its
    stellar animation, but for its super catchy tunes, notably the Gusty Garden Galaxy. And replay value is very strong in this title. You'll find yourself doing things as crazy and exciting as finding different colored stars to doing things as simple and fun as collecting coins and reading mail from Princess Peach. So that's all my good stuff with the title. Now let's get the bad over with: you'll be pleased to know there's hardly anything that's bad.

The Bad:

Well, there's 2 nit-picks that I have with the title: One is that I wish there was bonus content within the levels.(Stuff besides stars, star BITS, coins 1-ups, etc. Not that it won't keep you occupied)And two is that the hub world is pretty empty besides a few toads and lumas. But hey, hub worlds aren't the main focus of the game. My ideas aside, Super Mario Galaxy still rocks.

The Ugly:

None! :D

So overall, I really love this one. There is no such thing as a perfect game (I just stated my flaws)and that's understandable, but for what it is, came pretty close. My original score is 9.6/10, but since this STUPID thing doesn't have midpoints, I'll be nice and give it a perfect 10.
  66. Jun 29, 2013
    Mario games are truly one of a kind. With amazing atmosphere and a very fun platforming game play, like all the other Mario games, Mario galaxy has done it again.
  67. Jun 25, 2013
    It's hard to explain why this game is good. Maybe it's the amazing level designs, the pick up and play nature, the phenomenal orchestrated music, or the outstanding charm of the game. These factors all seem to come together, creating one of the greatest games on Wii and one of the greatest games of this generation.

Words alone cannot explain this game. You just have to play it yourself.
  68. Jun 20, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is a fantastic game, with fun new characters, exciting worlds, cool power-ups, and an amazing soundtrack, however, one thing I would love to see change is there be difficulty settings(If there are any, I could not see them), as I feel that some of the levels might be a bit too hard for someone who is not the best gamer or for someone who is a little kid. However, it does offer quite a bit for those who can only complete half of the galaxies, so, even if you aren't a great gamer and might have trouble with certain levels, it's still a game I recommend. Expand
  69. Jun 14, 2013
    What is there to say this game is downright awesome, to me this is the best Mario game at its time and its literally perfect. What is there to say, very beautiful graphics and visuals for a Wii game (show's developers are just being lazy and trying not to make this system look good) and it is probably a game that is perfect for anyone, heck maybe even a 4 year old can beat this game. Oh and those who say this game is for really REALLY young kids guess what i'm 13 and i would still play it. People tend to say omg this graphics suck, what do you expect final fantasy graphics, give it a break, if the games graphics were to good people would be complaining that the graphics does not fit Mario. so as a result this game is indeed not for everyone, and it is really not for people that always care about the graphics. Expand
  70. Jun 12, 2013
    Best game ever made!!!! Incredible level design, awesome music, and amazing power ups all enhance the fantastic gameplay! Super Mario Galaxy is the best game I have ever played and I dont think anything will ever top it!
  71. Jun 12, 2013
    Where do I start with this?

This game is amazing and really has to be seen to be believed. I was initially sceptical about the whole planets/space theme, but my god does it work.

Each level or "galaxy" is broken down into several islands/floating planet things, with each having their own obstacles to negotiate. The key to this game though, is that generally speaking, you can go
    "under" the level as well across it as you normally would. This is extremely difficult to describe and has to be seen to really understand it. This key feature introduces a whole new dimension to the game, and gives it staggering potential for level design. It is very weird at first with the controls and camera leaving you unsure initially, but it doesn't take long at all to get used to them.

The other thing about this game that really stands out is it's visuals. This game is absolutely gorgeous, and I was playing it without the HD component cable! As is typical of a mario game, the colours are so rich and everything looks perfectly designed. The music as well, is typical mario, and effortlessly combines the feel of 16-bit gaming with grandiose, scene-perfect music.

Finally, the controls are extremely intuitive and are pretty much the same as Mario 64 & Sunshine. This helps, as the game is different enough as it is with all the gravity/camera shifting to deal with.

Another plus point, is that the controls aren't over "Wii'd". What I mean by this is that on Super Monkey Ball, everything is controlled "Wii-style". For instance, to scroll through the menus you need to tilt the remote left and right. JUST SET IT UP TO USE THE D-PAD! Not everything needs to be incorporated into the remote! Thankfully, Mario Galaxy keeps things simple and uses these useful features where appropriate, rather than for everything. Like Resident Evil 4, the nunchuk and remote combo works effortlessly without over-complicating anything.

Bottom line is, why are you reading this? Go out there and buy this now!
  72. Jun 5, 2013
    Finally, a mario game that actually tries to be a little different! I like it when a franchise tries to be original, and this definitely helps. The mario franchise has been a hit 'n miss since 'Sunshine' but mario galaxy might just be the game that brings the franchise back up!
  73. Jun 4, 2013
    What happened in here? This game is so wrong, too few levels and when they are easy, literally, THEY ARE VERY EASY, but they want them to be hard... OMG THEY ARE VERY, VERY HARD. And the game has many incoherences. The design of the planets are wonderful, I admit that, but when I play in them, I get dizzy. The good thing is that the new power and hilarious, and makes the game fun.
  74. May 18, 2013
    One of the best games of all time. The soundtrack is amazing, the graphics are impressive, the fun is big, originality is huge and the controls are perfect.
  75. May 3, 2013
    I spent heaps of hours playing this game because it is so imaginative and fun. The ship is really cool and there are heaps of stars to collect. You have to help Mario find Rosalina to win the game. What I really liked about it was the items like Bee Mario, a cool Star Mario, a Boo Mario and he has a cool trick where he can turn invisible and go through walls. There are also an Ice Mario and Fire Mario with a 20 second time limit. The Spring Mario that lets you jump really high. This made the game exciting. Expand
  76. May 1, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is an amazing game. The graphics are fantastic and there is plenty to do, with over 120 stars to collect it's not a short game by any means. There is the wide variety of worlds. There are water, ice, fire, grassland galaxies, and a lot more and each galaxy is unique. It's a FUN game and it's a break from the usual FPS and action game out their. I've been a gamer for about 30 years now and I'm only discovering the joys of wii at this stage. I would recommend them to any gamer hardcore and casual alike, you won't be dissapointed. I find it very relaxing to play. Expand
  77. Apr 28, 2013
    The Super Mario Galaxy series is one of the best series there is on video game world.This is the first one and for me the less brilliant one.Compairing to the 2nd title this has less powerups and a little bit less of creativity.But is still one of the funniest games for the WiI excellent visuals, story and sound.this is a game for the new and old fans of the italian plumber cause its innovative and it brings back the greatest Mario we can get 3D. Collapse
  78. Mar 30, 2013
    Visually stunning graphics combined with a great soundtrack make this a very beautiful game to look at. Admittedly, this game is "Super Mario 64" in space, but that's not necessarily a negative thing.
  79. Mar 23, 2013
    Wholly original and infinetly fun. Perhaps one of the best games ever. I think I'm gonna buy it again. It controls like the best of all marios yet it's platforming is ultra complicated technically. But it controls so well that it all seems so simple.
  80. Mar 14, 2013
    One of the best games on Wii and just one of the best games in general, the level design in Super Mario Galaxy is some of the best, if you are a platformer fan and have not played this game you are missing out on a true gem, Whilst getting the first 60 stars is pretty easy to do, getting the full 120 stars is challenging and will give you hours of playtime. The graphics are great despite being in SD, I never looked at the game and thought that it had to be in HD to look good, Nintendo knows how to optimize there hardware to look fantastic. If you have a Wii or Wii U then pick this up for one of the best designed games ever made. Expand
  81. Mar 3, 2013
    Worst Mario game Ive played, along with the second Galaxy. I didnt like the setting in space, the lack of "open world" environments. Mario is the one game where the concept cant change too much. We need the castle, the green grass, the classic water levels etc. This felt much more sterile. The motion controls wasnt fitting in this game, it felt very gimmicky. The spin move would have felt more natural to do with a button, which would have made it more precise.

Mario 64 remains unbeaten.
  82. Mar 2, 2013
    The space where it was possible to move always seemed to be very small. Almost felt like a converted 2d game. Constantly dealing with gravity wasnt a great move either, it kind of ruined the experience. I wasnt a great fan of the motion control either, felt very duckt taped and gimmicky. The art style left nothing to complain about, lovely colourful environments. The setting in space didnt really appeal to me, it didnt have the Mario feeling to it. The green grass, castles and trees is just much more fitting. The graphics left much to wish for, but it wasnt much they could do with that hardware. It does look significantly better on dolphin emulator with upscaling and some minor graphic tweaks. An OK game, but Id rather see a full blown remake of Mario 64 with 1080p resolution.

Its not a bad game, but its the Galaxy instalment is by far the worst in the series. I was a sceptic to Mario Sunshine when it came, but after playing this I realize how much better it was. Its obvious that the new and younger crowd loved this game. I hope that they some day get the chance to play Mario 64 and see how much better it can be.
  83. Feb 21, 2013
    A really beatuiful and innovative game, that reinvents the mario franchise once again. There was the original, then mario 64, and now, mario galaxy is the next revolutionary turn in the franchise. The games design is extremely creative and intuitive, the controls are perfect, and the game feels fresh and new. The graphics are also good, especially on the given hardware. This game is an amazing wii title, and one very easily reccomendable. Expand
  84. Feb 15, 2013
    One of the best video games of all time! This is how all mario platformers should be! My favorite mario game ever! There's no other game like this! Except the less than steller sequal, lol get it? I know you do
  85. Feb 9, 2013
    Quite literally a perfect game that has no flaws, what else can I say? It has amazing controls that don't force wiimote waggle and allow for perfect platforming. The soundtrack is the best in a Mario game, i'll go ahead and say its the best in a Nintendo game. The graphics are pretty much on par with most 360/PS3 games in SD and the galaxies are all magical. One of my Favorite games of all time and definitely the best game on Wii! Expand
  86. Feb 4, 2013
    Although most Wii games have recently gone out of date due to the more-improved consoles such as Xbox 360, I must say that Super Mario Galaxy may possibly be the greatest video game for Wii, or the greatest over all consoles in my opinion. I have just recently beat the game, although I am now facing the re-run with Luigi, and Super Mario Galaxy contains some of my favorite characters like Bowser, Luma, Star Bunny, and Rosalina. The graphics are acceptable from a 2007 Wii game, and I must say Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite in the Super Mario video game series! I'd give it a 10/10 stars. Expand
  87. Jan 31, 2013
    The main games in the Mario series have a long standing reputation as being amongst the best of their generation and Mario Galaxy is no exception. As the name suggests this new outing takes Mario away from the Mushroom kingdom and high into the stars above. Despite this the game still features a number of instantly recognizable enemies and power-ups while still having more than a few new tricks up its sleeve.

Following a brief intro, in which Bowser yet again kidnaps Peach, Mario finds himself inside a giant space ship which acts as the games hub (much like the castle did in Mario 64). Access to different galaxies/levels gradually open up as you progress with each containing six or seven challenges of varying difficulty. Many of these levels are completely unique and the game never seems to run out of new ways to challenge and entertain the player. As you would expect the platforming itself is second to none and the controls quickly become second nature allowing for precision control. Every time you die you know it is your fault rather than the games.

Perhaps wisely Super Mario Galaxy only makes limited use of the Wii's motion controls. Star bits, that help earn extra lives, can be collected by pointing while some boss fights require the player to deflect projectiles back at the enemy. All in all then this is an excellent addition to the Mario series and one of few games on the Nintendo Wii than can be enjoyed by both casual and hardcore gamers.
  88. Jan 26, 2013
    Made the huge mistake of playing this after the sequel--that was unfair to the game. It took me a little while to get into it, but once I got through several levels I was hooked. It is a wonderful game, that really is easy to jump in and out of--a great thing when you can't always dedicate your life to a game. The level design is great, and it has just enough vintage touch to be cool (and not sadly dependent). Overall this is a top 5 game--still prefer the sequel better, but a must play. Expand
  89. Jan 20, 2013
    All I can say is this is a great game ...despite it's childish approach. "SUPER MARIO GALAAAAAXY" in an annoying pitchy voice at the startup screen just burns me with annoyance. However, the gameplay is great great great.
  90. Dec 30, 2012
    With it's beautiful graphics, the orchestrated score, the influential gameplay, Super Mario Galaxy captures a sense of magic unseen in the Mario world recently.
  91. Dec 29, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy é sem sombra de dúvidas um jogo indispensável para os proprietários do Ninendo Wii. Seu visual 3D, combinado com as músicas e toda a arte dos cenários é quem dão o ar da graça deste jogo, mesmo que o jogador tenha alguns problemas com a câmera. Mas não deixa de ser um dos grandes clássicos da série Super Mario. Expand
  92. Dec 23, 2012
    Best Wii game I have played. Better than 2 (because all that did was add Yoshi and new levels), and just fantastic. One of the best games I have ever played in my life, everything about it was fantastic. Graphics, gameplay, story, all great.
  93. Nov 19, 2012
    i love this game, no words. It's the kind of the tht i play, and replay. cos it's not only fun and fantastic, it's something different. If you want to spend your money in something different, fun and spectacular, spend it on it.
  94. Nov 8, 2012
    Perfection. If there was a bible on game design this game should be on the cover. Perfect controls that make a good use of the unique features of the wii remote.
    Perfect level design that never felt like backtracking and was always compelling and challenging but without being frustrating nor extremely easy.
    Perfect art design and the best graphics on the system.
    Perfect music,
    orchestrated classic melodies from other Mario games.

Best game of a generation.
  95. Nov 7, 2012
    Played this and don't seem why it gets so much praise. I was bored to tears in 25 minutes. It seems like people just bought the game as a replacement for Mario 64. This doesn't impress
  96. Nov 5, 2012
    An absolute masterpiece of a platformer. Complete with mind-bending jumps, beautiful worlds, and amazing gameplay. A camera issue here and there as well as a very large hub that can make going from galaxy to galaxy a little tedious shouldn't be enough to distract the player from the adventure at hand. A must have title for Wii owners. 9/10
  97. Sep 24, 2012
    i thought this game was good but not THAT good why did the critics give it such a high score? there are a load of other games that i think deserve a higher score and this game gets a 97?! lets be serious people. the are game that deserve this score like ratchet and clank or littlebigplanet really better games.
  98. Sep 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In brief, the narrative revolves around Mario collecting Power Stars by flying to various Galaxies from six different domes within the Comet Observatory that act as way points to them. These Stars fuel the Observatory, which Bowser damaged beyond movement speed whilst capturing Princess Peach, who he flew to the center of the universe to start a new galaxy there with her as his bride. Rosalina, the guardian of the universe, along with the Luma, whom she also protects, ask Mario to help them recover the Power Stars and Grand Stars from Bowser's forces, and in return, promise him the Comet Observatory will fly him to the center of the universe to stop Boswer and save the Princess. With help from the Luma, Rosalina, The Toads of the Toad Brigade, other friends, and even Luigi, Mario rushes to collect as many Power Stars as he can, before it's too late.
    I could write an entire review on just the positives, but in the interest of fairness (and time,) I will try to limit my gushing

First off, let me say that for all the Nintendo fans out there, Mario is back, and in a big way. The sheer expanse of the worlds that you play through are so vast that sometimes it can be overwhelming. Yet, with the new storyline, power-ups, and moves to play around with, even old Mario fans will experience something new. The gameplay is either nearly flawless, or just plain is. I might go with the latter. The player controls Mario with the Nunchuck, and uses the Wii Remote to jump and spin, as well as to point at the screen to collect Star Bits. Every level not only has a Power Star at the end, but occasionally will have a bonus Star that activates when a Comet randomly flies over that Galaxy. Be on the eye for Hungry Lumas as well, both in the Observatory, and out in the Galaxy. If you feed them Star Bits, they will help you advance through the game, or transform into a Galaxy themselves, giving Mario another opportunity to collect a Star. In addition to all that, once you rescue Luigi from a Haunted Mansion (haha,) he'll occasionally collect Stars for you from different Galaxies, and gives them to you. That is, once you rescue him from whatever Galaxy he's found the Star. Green Stars are extremely difficult Stars to get, and are very rare. Collecting all three adds to challenging extra game content. Finally, collecting Grand Stars opens up a new dome in the Observatory. I would describe the controls as intuitive, fun, and a good use of the full capabilities of the controller. All of the fresh ways to play keep the game exciting in my opinion. In addition to Mario's old abilities, new ones like being able to spin by shaking the Wii Remote, and firing Star Bits that you find throughout the levels. The new power-ups like Ghost Mario add new content, and new challenge. There are very few problems with the game, but one might be the fact that when you turn off or reset your Wii, you loose all of the extra lives that you earned, however this can be overlooked, considering a Mail Toad gives you 5 free lives every time you start you game again, should you find him in the Comet Observatory. This has been done in other Mario games with little upset. Another minor complaint is the Co-Star mode, or two player mode. While it may be fun for a while to have a friend join you and fire Star Bits at enemies, or maybe stop a hazard from hitting you, it slowly looses its appeal. Then again, it is still entertaining, and in reality, I don't know how they could have fit two characters on the screen at once, or what other character they could have even used. So this point is mostly invalid. The only other complaint I have really is that, while the gravity mechanic in the game is usually very tight, when Mario is in between planets or even two objects with gravitational pull, Mario is sort of pulled back and forth, making him land on neither object. But even still this is nitpicking, and rarely happens at all.

Honestly, what can you say about Super Mario Galaxy that hasn't already been said? The controls are consistently tight, the musical score is superb, the level design and gameplay are better than they are in any other 3D Mario game, and it has an incredible game feel. But beating it once is not enough! Upon full completion of the game (all 120 Power Stars,) the focus shifts to Luigi and the player can go through the whole story again with the green younger brother. He even controls differently for a challenge.
  99. Sep 2, 2012
    This is pretty much the only game that I sat for 3 straight days playing and beat. It was worth it though because at the time the Wii was temporary and I had to get this epic game in. Super Mario Galaxy is almost as magical as Mario 64, which means a whole hell of a lot. This game is not just for young kids, it is truly a challenging and downright fun game to play, one of the best the Wii has to offer. If you own a Wii I am sure you already played this game, if you haven't your missing out. Expand
  100. Jul 31, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the 2 games that in my opinion is absolutely PERFECT. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
    People say this is a terrible game I disagree. Those guys are call of duty fanboys.
  101. Apr 28, 2013

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.