9.0

1. Jan 14, 2016
    I heard this game is way too good for the Wii console so I'm here giving this game a review. Wow..... just wow. It's way too good for Mario fans and the Wii console itself.
  2. Jan 31, 2013
    The main games in the Mario series have a long standing reputation as being amongst the best of their generation and Mario Galaxy is no exception. As the name suggests this new outing takes Mario away from the Mushroom kingdom and high into the stars above. Despite this the game still features a number of instantly recognizable enemies and power-ups while still having more than a few newThe main games in the Mario series have a long standing reputation as being amongst the best of their generation and Mario Galaxy is no exception. As the name suggests this new outing takes Mario away from the Mushroom kingdom and high into the stars above. Despite this the game still features a number of instantly recognizable enemies and power-ups while still having more than a few new tricks up its sleeve.

Following a brief intro, in which Bowser yet again kidnaps Peach, Mario finds himself inside a giant space ship which acts as the games hub (much like the castle did in Mario 64). Access to different galaxies/levels gradually open up as you progress with each containing six or seven challenges of varying difficulty. Many of these levels are completely unique and the game never seems to run out of new ways to challenge and entertain the player. As you would expect the platforming itself is second to none and the controls quickly become second nature allowing for precision control. Every time you die you know it is your fault rather than the games.

Perhaps wisely Super Mario Galaxy only makes limited use of the Wii's motion controls. Star bits, that help earn extra lives, can be collected by pointing while some boss fights require the player to deflect projectiles back at the enemy. All in all then this is an excellent addition to the Mario series and one of few games on the Nintendo Wii than can be enjoyed by both casual and hardcore gamers.
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    I briefly played "Super Mario Galaxy" in my cousin's house and all I can say is...BRILLIANT. The game looks amazing and well polished for a 2007 game (especially despite the fact that it was on the Wii) and its gameplay was also smooth and addictive for my taste. A epic must-play game.
  4. Jul 16, 2016
    SM64, SMS, then this masterpiece! The game has everything you expect to see. I love collecting the stars just like the other 2 3d platformers. This game is perfect.
  5. Jun 1, 2011
    A wonderful adventure awaits you in this awesome game. Mario still has his tricks on it, and Nintendo did one of the best games on their classic masterpiece. Since Mario 64 , i havent played any other cool game from the franchise ( I never played mario Sunchine) any way , the graphics are bright,colorful,intense, the gameplay is fine. Also , this really makes the true potential as forA wonderful adventure awaits you in this awesome game. Mario still has his tricks on it, and Nintendo did one of the best games on their classic masterpiece. Since Mario 64 , i havent played any other cool game from the franchise ( I never played mario Sunchine) any way , the graphics are bright,colorful,intense, the gameplay is fine. Also , this really makes the true potential as for Mario Galaxy 2 , truly epic. Expand
  6. Nov 18, 2011
    Nintendo brings back the Mario classic to the Nintendo Wii with Super Mario Galaxy! Super Mario Galaxy goes back to similar roots as Super Mario 64, distancing itself in terms of gameplay from Super Mario Sunshine, exploration has never been better. Although its different from Sunshine, the gameplay does have the same basic controls except the use of FLUDD, you have the wii mote to use toNintendo brings back the Mario classic to the Nintendo Wii with Super Mario Galaxy! Super Mario Galaxy goes back to similar roots as Super Mario 64, distancing itself in terms of gameplay from Super Mario Sunshine, exploration has never been better. Although its different from Sunshine, the gameplay does have the same basic controls except the use of FLUDD, you have the wii mote to use to spin attack and to target falling star shards. Fans of the Mario series will surely enjoy this instant classic as the storyline is lighthearted, music score is one of the best ever made, gameplay is fluid, graphics are dream like! Expand
  7. Mar 25, 2016
    This is best Mario game in my opinion . Good graphics for Mario game 2007 . Not bad story for Mario game and gameplay in this game compare with Sonic Lost World . Not bad game .
  8. Sep 11, 2014
    Without a doubt my favorite video game of all time. "Super Mario Galaxy" has a great plot, amazing gameplay, beautiful graphics and music, and tons of stuff to do. It's difficulty ranges from relatively easy to very difficult by the end of the game, and it can be a good challenge for pretty much any gamer at some of the more difficult points but not so difficult to casual gamers won'tWithout a doubt my favorite video game of all time. "Super Mario Galaxy" has a great plot, amazing gameplay, beautiful graphics and music, and tons of stuff to do. It's difficulty ranges from relatively easy to very difficult by the end of the game, and it can be a good challenge for pretty much any gamer at some of the more difficult points but not so difficult to casual gamers won't enjoy it. I recommend it to pretty much everyone. Expand
  9. Sep 19, 2015
    Best platformer ever. Seriously brilliant level design with over 240 levels to explore and new enemies, powerups, boss fights. The creativity is off the charts.
  10. Jul 14, 2011
    The Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are the best games to be released on the Wii and are some of the best games to be released in the seventh generation of video game consoles. The originality in the level design is awesome and the fun that comes from the gameplay is unforgettable. There is more originally in some single levels of Galaxy than some entire games! The soundtrack of Galaxy isThe Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are the best games to be released on the Wii and are some of the best games to be released in the seventh generation of video game consoles. The originality in the level design is awesome and the fun that comes from the gameplay is unforgettable. There is more originally in some single levels of Galaxy than some entire games! The soundtrack of Galaxy is freaken wicked and the graphics are charmingly simple and well designed. The only downer to Galaxy is the story which although is irrelevant to what Mario games are about should have been removed from the game altogether. I actually dont know many people who have played this game which is disappointing as it really is one of the best of the best. Expand
  11. Jun 8, 2015
    Great great game, very nice graphics for a Wii game and a lovely universe that will please adults and children alike, lovely musics, a lot of innovative ideas concerning the gameplay, a lot of content (15 hours and a good use of the motion controller makes Super Mario Galaxy one of shiniest gem on the Wii.

Now I have two complains about the game : at the end the game is getting

Now I have two complains about the game : at the end the game is getting repetitive and some levels could have been cut off the game; you can apply the second one to almost all the Nintendo games, the story is too simple, and I love stories in videogames so I wish they could work on that for their future games, a good story doesn't mean that the games is not accessible to children (aka Sony platforms game like Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter), just give more purpose to the characters.

But make no mistake, I loved this game and I'm looking forward to play its sequel, and it's a must have for every platform lover.
  12. Jun 25, 2013
    It's hard to explain why this game is good. Maybe it's the amazing level designs, the pick up and play nature, the phenomenal orchestrated music, or the outstanding charm of the game. These factors all seem to come together, creating one of the greatest games on Wii and one of the greatest games of this generation.

Words alone cannot explain this game. You just have to play it yourself.
  13. Feb 21, 2015
    This is the best Wii game I have on my shelf( tied with smg2) because I just love how the levels or a.k.a. Galaxies are designed and my favourite character is Cosmic Mario or Luigi. This is an example of a flawless 10/10, and it is interesting or just love how you can get Rosalina for Mario Kart Wii, but I have never played as her. Though I got something accomplished or partly completed byThis is the best Wii game I have on my shelf( tied with smg2) because I just love how the levels or a.k.a. Galaxies are designed and my favourite character is Cosmic Mario or Luigi. This is an example of a flawless 10/10, and it is interesting or just love how you can get Rosalina for Mario Kart Wii, but I have never played as her. Though I got something accomplished or partly completed by unlocking her. You still have to race 50 times to unlock her but anyways, this game is a damn masterpiece( sorry, but once again, I'm kinda excited. No excuse. I hate dat!) you must get and beat it 100% Once and for all. Its easy,fun,enjoyable, and suited for both intense gamers like me or my Wii U friends(some) and Casual Gamers who try to have fun. Expand
  14. Mar 23, 2013
    Wholly original and infinetly fun. Perhaps one of the best games ever. I think I'm gonna buy it again. It controls like the best of all marios yet it's platforming is ultra complicated technically. But it controls so well that it all seems so simple.
  15. Apr 25, 2015
    great gameplay this games is just fun. this is one of my favorite Mario games ever. this game got rip off my sonic with sonic the lost world do not play that game this game is way better.
  16. Sep 3, 2017
    After the masterpiece of Mario Sunshine they make another amazing hit! The motion controls actually work very well! The only problem with the game is probably the enemies. The enemies to me (not the bosses) aren't so great I mean they're decent but they have flaws. Anyways fantastic game!
  17. Jan 31, 2012
    This entire game can be summarized in three words: a true masterpiece. I enjoyed it's sequel a lot, but the plumber's first galaxy adventure is arguably even better. Gorgeous graphics and a sweeping, beautiful orchestral score heighten the sheer greatness. Sure, the story is ok (you know, Bowser kidnaps Peach; but this time, he wants to rule the universe), but no one really plays a MarioThis entire game can be summarized in three words: a true masterpiece. I enjoyed it's sequel a lot, but the plumber's first galaxy adventure is arguably even better. Gorgeous graphics and a sweeping, beautiful orchestral score heighten the sheer greatness. Sure, the story is ok (you know, Bowser kidnaps Peach; but this time, he wants to rule the universe), but no one really plays a Mario platformer for the story; they play it for nostalgia and creative, original gameplay. Not only is Super Mario Galaxy one of the best Wii games (up there with Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Paper Mario), it's also one of the greatest games ever to grace the video game market. Expand
  18. Nov 10, 2015
    Super Mario Galaxy is probably one of the best video games ever made. It has good graphics (for its time), great controls and great gameplay. The only problem is the lack of a proper co-op mode. Overall, Super Mario Galaxy is a must-buy for anyone who has a Wii, and this game is worth buying one.
  19. Oct 24, 2013
    I remember when my cousin had the game and said I wouldn't like it he was wrong, very wrong not only is this my favorite Wii game along with Smash Bros but this is my favorite Mario game.
  20. Jan 19, 2015
    This is the most outstanding game I've ever played. Mario has never done better than this.

Pros
    -HD graphics
    -nice gameplay
    -fun bosses
    -challenging experience
    -nice story

Cons
    (none)
  21. Sep 29, 2010
    Whenever you are tired of the same genre that repeats itself and steadily drops in creativity, rely on Nintendo to make something the opposite of that. Galaxy is the most ambitious Mario game that Nintendo has ever made yet. Perfect controls as expected, ingenious level designs, jaw dropping graphics that rivals other games offered on the 360 or PS3 and amazing replay value. It's a bitWhenever you are tired of the same genre that repeats itself and steadily drops in creativity, rely on Nintendo to make something the opposite of that. Galaxy is the most ambitious Mario game that Nintendo has ever made yet. Perfect controls as expected, ingenious level designs, jaw dropping graphics that rivals other games offered on the 360 or PS3 and amazing replay value. It's a bit easier than previous Mario games but you need this on your Wii collection. Expand
  22. Oct 22, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is a masterpiece. Yes they may have ditched the old sandbox formula but it still felt huge. Yes I don't think it's the best game in the 3D Mario spectrum but it still is breathtaking. It had not one flaw, amazing story, music, and amazing gameplay.
  23. Nov 24, 2011
    I can't really fault this game. It is seriously good. Mario was always a series that I enjoyed as a kid, but I never really got into properly. Until Galaxy. It is one of the best looking games out there (yes, that does include ALL consoles) and is a joy to play from start to finish. Yes it is more linear than Mario 64, but I think it's a better game because of it. The motion controls workI can't really fault this game. It is seriously good. Mario was always a series that I enjoyed as a kid, but I never really got into properly. Until Galaxy. It is one of the best looking games out there (yes, that does include ALL consoles) and is a joy to play from start to finish. Yes it is more linear than Mario 64, but I think it's a better game because of it. The motion controls work well when used, it's reasonably easy, but not to say, Kirby levels it probably won't really challenge those who have played older Mario games (those are tough as nails). Anybody who has any sense will enjoy this game. Mario has increased in quality, which is something very special as I have not played a Mario game which does not deserve a score less than a nine out of ten. If you don't have it, buy it!!! Expand
  24. Apr 11, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy is without a doubt one of the greatest Mario games ever made. First off the story is really good, even for just a generic "Bowser kidnaps Peach", it does more with some cool themes and even a little bit of darkness to it, I also like the character, Rosalina, and later on in the game you will hear of a back story about her with I think is something I really like that theySuper Mario Galaxy is without a doubt one of the greatest Mario games ever made. First off the story is really good, even for just a generic "Bowser kidnaps Peach", it does more with some cool themes and even a little bit of darkness to it, I also like the character, Rosalina, and later on in the game you will hear of a back story about her with I think is something I really like that they put in a Mario game. The Gameplay is pretty much near-flawless, it controls fine and there is some great levels and designs; speaking of designs, this game has some of the best graphics on the Wii, it almost looks HD! I also like that Luigi is in this game after his absence in SM64 and SMS, he was pretty fun to play. Overall SMG is one of the greatest Mario games and one of the greatest Wii games out there. An essential game to add to your Wii Library. Expand
  25. DME
    Aug 11, 2010
    Super Mario Galaxy is a mixed bag. It beats Super Mario Sunshine but still hasn't quite lived up to the same standard that Super Mario 64 set. Sometimes the game is fun and addicting but it also has it's moments of boredom.
    Graphics: 9/10 Nice visuals and effects
    Sound: 10/10 Everything sounds 100% Mario Story: 7/10 The princess gets kidnapped for the 3 billionth time.
    Graphics: 9/10 Nice visuals and effects
    Sound: 10/10 Everything sounds 100% Mario
    Story: 7/10 The princess gets kidnapped for the 3 billionth time.
    Gameplay: 9/10 Fun with a few bland spots.
    Overall Score: 9/10 A nice addition to the Wii library.
  26. Mar 7, 2015
    Awesome game! One of the best games of all time! The graphics are amazing! The controls are perfect. The level designs are great. It also has great orchestraed music. Super Mario Galaxy is a must buy for everyone! You should get this and SMG2 together if you don't have either.
  27. Jun 5, 2013
    Finally, a mario game that actually tries to be a little different! I like it when a franchise tries to be original, and this definitely helps. The mario franchise has been a hit 'n miss since 'Sunshine' but mario galaxy might just be the game that brings the franchise back up!
  28. Jan 17, 2014
    one of the most fun games that i have ever play on wii
    super mario galaxy is a must game that i enjoyed playing i love using luigi in both games once you beat game as mario however the mission are challenge but still fun
  29. Sep 2, 2012
    This is pretty much the only game that I sat for 3 straight days playing and beat. It was worth it though because at the time the Wii was temporary and I had to get this epic game in. Super Mario Galaxy is almost as magical as Mario 64, which means a whole hell of a lot. This game is not just for young kids, it is truly a challenging and downright fun game to play, one of the best the WiiThis is pretty much the only game that I sat for 3 straight days playing and beat. It was worth it though because at the time the Wii was temporary and I had to get this epic game in. Super Mario Galaxy is almost as magical as Mario 64, which means a whole hell of a lot. This game is not just for young kids, it is truly a challenging and downright fun game to play, one of the best the Wii has to offer. If you own a Wii I am sure you already played this game, if you haven't your missing out. Expand
  30. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 1
    + Improves upon everything in terms of 3D Mario gameplay
    + Provides an innovative hook in the form of the gravity-based gameplay + Continues the tradition of offering a wide variety of visual aesthetics and gameplay mechanics + Smooth difficulty curve that gets steep towards the end + Fun additions, such as hard-mode boss battles and optional side paths ? Overly cutesy
    Tier 1
    + Improves upon everything in terms of 3D Mario gameplay
    + Provides an innovative hook in the form of the gravity-based gameplay
    + Smooth difficulty curve that gets steep towards the end
    + Fun additions, such as hard-mode boss battles and optional side paths
    ? Overly cutesy aesthetic could be grating to adult players
    ? Follows in the tradition of difficult/tedious completionist requirements
    - A lot of boring boss fights, especially those against Bowser
  31. Dec 30, 2012
    With it's beautiful graphics, the orchestrated score, the influential gameplay, Super Mario Galaxy captures a sense of magic unseen in the Mario world recently.
  32. Jan 9, 2014
    What can i say about the game that has not already been said? This game is a masterpiece in gaming and a landmark in modern gaming. Everything about Galaxy is perfect, just absolutely everything. I don't have a single complaint about this game. Get this is game if you don't have it.
  33. Nov 17, 2014
    A very fun game over all keeping to the classic ways that paved the way that Mario games are now made and also contains amazing graffics and gameplay.
  34. Aug 6, 2014
    This is the best 3D platformer ever made. Period. I haven't played part 2 yet, but it can only tie this one at best. I am enjoying 3D world and only played about half of 64 (which for its time was the best), but this one will stand at the top of the heap for quite a loooong time I suspect. I don't give 10s, but this time I do.
  35. Jul 25, 2013
    Wow. Just wow. Nintendo know how to make a good mario game, that much is for certain. Super Mario Galaxy is a 3D platformer with a unique difference. Hence the name, Mario's in space. While you could easily dismiss this as a gimmick, that is exactly what it is not. First off, it means that everything looks gorgeous. The Wii isn't HD, so it's amazing Nintendo managed to pull this off (butWow. Just wow. Nintendo know how to make a good mario game, that much is for certain. Super Mario Galaxy is a 3D platformer with a unique difference. Hence the name, Mario's in space. While you could easily dismiss this as a gimmick, that is exactly what it is not. First off, it means that everything looks gorgeous. The Wii isn't HD, so it's amazing Nintendo managed to pull this off (but it would be even better in HD, and that's why I'd like a remake for Wii U). Everywhere, it's cosmos, but that doesn't mean Nintendo have gone for one background and reused it- every galaxy is unique in everything, including looks. Next is music. It's amazing. Recorded by an orchestra, every piece conveys the atmosphere of the galaxy (and, oh, those atmospheres are things to treasure). So that's excellent presentation. Beautiful and always, always unique. But the most important thing that Galaxy introduces is planet-hopping. You can run right round a planet and come back to where you were before. While this seems pointless, in reality it brings a whole new dimension to the platforming, and is used in a variety of clever, different ways. Here's the clever thing: you always use a launch star, which is like a cannon except it's a star(don't ask) to get to another planet. And most levels consist of a few conxecutive planets.The set out of the game is essentially about forty galaxies, each holding a one to six levels, or 'scenarios'. The goal of each is to collect the star at the end. The way to actually reach each galaxy is a bit like Super Mario 64- levels are in different places in your hub, the observatory. Getting to them is annoying. It's not like you get lost- it's just boring getting to them. The good-for-nothing map of the observatory doesn't help either. So each galaxy has a particular theme, and it is always very imaginative. Even the routine desert galaxy is filled with surprises. A lot of the gakaxies have levels with boss fights, and a lot of the themes of the galaxies could be turned into entirely new games themselves. There are loads of new powerups, and they are always required to progress when they appear. So they're not so much power-ups as they are like items in zelda. There's the bee suit, to name just one. Each power gives you unique abilities which are always very cleverly and creatively implemented. Each galaxy usually has one or three normal levels, then maybe a hidden star in one of the levels, and one or two comet levels. Comet levels are special stars that come into galaxies you've cleared as you progress through the game. They give you a particular aim and are always very hard. The downside is when they arrive, they replace all the other levels in that galaxy until you've completed that comet level. There's a spin jump to assist you in Super Mario Galaxy, like a double jump. The camera is perfect, never wondering. My biggest problem is that although there are checkpoints, they're not marked, so you've no idea where you'll respawn if you die. There's also a mode where a second player can assist Mario by collecting star bits(in game currency) for them among other things, but this mode is too limited. Overall, Galaxy is a fantastic game and one of the best if not the best, refreshing plstforners around. Expand
  36. Mar 18, 2017
    O jogo é simplesmente fantástico, não tem muito o que falar, simplesmente jogue. O jogo é perfeito do inicio ao fim, não enjoa nunca. Vale muito a pena.
  37. Dec 24, 2016
    The last main Mario game to be truly great. Full of creativity, wonder and emotion. Super Mario Galaxy one of the few representations of why video games can be great.
  38. Nov 7, 2017
    When I was 12 this game won my heart from the start and i replayed it many times over the years. Ideas for levels are out of this world. Best Mario soundtrack ever and graphically still hold up to this day. One of the best linear 3d platformer ever.
  39. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = One of the greatest platformers of all-time!!
  40. Oct 8, 2013
    The greatest Nintendo character of all time gets the best game series ever created in the form of Super Mario Galaxy.

These games are so well crafted and fun that it might be the closest thing to a 'perfect rating' a game could ever get. Everything from the fantastic level design, worlds, characters and beautiful graphics to the breathtaking scope and Bosses makes this one of the very best games of all time! It well deserves the attention it gets and as always, I can't wait for Nintendo's next instalment in the Mario franchise.
  41. Feb 15, 2013
    One of the best video games of all time! This is how all mario platformers should be! My favorite mario game ever! There's no other game like this! Except the less than steller sequal, lol get it? I know you do
  42. Feb 5, 2017
    Mario Galaxy is the best Mario game ever made. Super Mario Galaxy's graphics, soundtrack and controls are amazing. It tops all the previous Mario games such as Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World.
  43. Feb 21, 2013
    A really beatuiful and innovative game, that reinvents the mario franchise once again. There was the original, then mario 64, and now, mario galaxy is the next revolutionary turn in the franchise. The games design is extremely creative and intuitive, the controls are perfect, and the game feels fresh and new. The graphics are also good, especially on the given hardware. This game is anA really beatuiful and innovative game, that reinvents the mario franchise once again. There was the original, then mario 64, and now, mario galaxy is the next revolutionary turn in the franchise. The games design is extremely creative and intuitive, the controls are perfect, and the game feels fresh and new. The graphics are also good, especially on the given hardware. This game is an amazing wii title, and one very easily reccomendable. Expand
  44. Jun 30, 2014
    An all-time favourite of mine and tied as my favourite Mario game with it's sequel. Super Mario Galaxy was the funnest time I had on the Wii in single-player. Running around planets upside-down and being fired out of volcanoes with a quick shake of the Wii remote for the first time are some gaming moments that'll stick with me forever. This game was just full of 'wow' moments. As you'dAn all-time favourite of mine and tied as my favourite Mario game with it's sequel. Super Mario Galaxy was the funnest time I had on the Wii in single-player. Running around planets upside-down and being fired out of volcanoes with a quick shake of the Wii remote for the first time are some gaming moments that'll stick with me forever. This game was just full of 'wow' moments. As you'd expect from a Mario game the level design was perfect and so was the music and gameplay. The camera issues often plaguing 3D platformers were pretty much non-existent here. This thing was a delight to play. Visually, it's one of the stand-out games for the Wii (although slightly eclipsed by its successor in this particular field). The game just oozed originality and my excitement in playing it is one I haven't felt since I was a kid playing Mario 64. A magical, magical game. Expand
  45. Apr 12, 2016
    Super Mario Galaxy is not only the best game on the Wii, not only one of the best Mario games ever, not only is a unique, satisfying experience..., but it's also a lot of fun.

STORY: Super Mario Galaxy starts with Peach sending a letter to Mario, telling him to come to the castle, and Mario then going to the castle. Apparently in the mushroom kingdom they're celebrating the Star Festival, which happens 100 years betwen the newest and the oldest.

Well the celebration doesn't last for long, since Bowser comes out of nowhere and kidnaps the Prince's, but not in the traditional way, ooooh no instead he calls a giant U.F.O, destroys the terrain around the castle and brings it to space. Mario tries to go rescue, but namek, the evil koopa wizard, shoots Mario with his Magic projectile and sends him into outer space.

Fortunately Mario lands in a friendly planet and encounters this Floating-Star and he plays Hide and seek with them...oh and the Floating Stars transform into bunny.

After catching all the Bunny Stars, they point Mario to a building where he founds Rosalina, pretty much the God of the Mario Universe and the "Mother" of the Lumas (The floating stars that transformed into Bunnies), who explains that he needs to find the Maxi-Stars and Power-Stars that Bowser stael out of them from the their "Spaceship" called the Planetarium.

Rosalina gives Mario a new spin-ability to get back one Maxi-star and Mario does just that. Mario and the star go to the Planetarium and Rosalina asks Mario to go and get more, so the planetarium can run again and get the power necessary to save Princess Peach.

PRESENTATION: Super Mario galaxy takes great advantage of the Wii's power. While the console is not as powerful as the PS3 or Xbox 360, but Nintendo took good use of what they had at hand and as a result ,Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best looking and preforming games of the system.

The smooth 60fps, the saturated colors, the models, everything is great. The soundtrack...do i even need to say anything?, this music is AMAZING!!, it has everything: it's catchy, fits perfectly with the environments, it rarely loops and the instrumentation is done (for the most part) with a full on orchestra and it just sound awesome.

GAMEPLAY: Super Mario Galaxy is a 3D gravity based collectathon platformer game. Now for anyone who is not familiar with the term "Collectathon", it basicly means a game where you go around a certain map collecting things and completing certain objectives. Games like Banjo-kazooie, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64 and this game, are good examples of this.

The main feature that this game brings to the table is gravity based platformer. It behaves just like is sounds, you can move in a 360º space and you can go above or below the places that you explore. There are some places were depending on where your are, you will go up or down (mostly in 2D places). The camera angles complement this new feature and very few times it will give you any problems.

Another thing that Galaxy brings is the motion controls. There are many different level gimmicks around the Wiimote and i really enjoy them, i never had any major control issues and most of the are very simple to use like: point this, control that or shake the controller to do the spin attack...and speaking of...

To make the platforming in this game a lot more deep, we have the spin attack. It can be used to attack enemies and do a homing jump on them, but the main thing about the move is that it can be used along with the normal jump, long jump, somersault, crouch jump, every jump! to get some extra air time and altitude and believe me it doesn't sound like much, but when you are playing the game this becomes very useful and a lifesaver at times.

To complete a stage you have to grab the powestar that you get by completing a certain mission and there's 120 stars in total. Some of them are very simple like getting from point A to point B or finding this specific thing on the map, but to get more variety, you also have things like race to the finish against your shadow counterpart or with a bunch of penguins, we also get some comets here and there that grant you things like collect 100 purple coins, beat the stage in a time limit or with incremental speed you know stuff like that.

We also have some new power ups like the bee suit that allows you to hover or the ghost one that allows you to cross certain walls, but you lose them by touching water and light respectively. The fire flower is also back, but with a strange time limit, and the starman is back to, no super mushroom sadly, but it's because Mario has a health bar this time, but you do have this other one that gives you 6 hit points instead of 3 and then we have the Ice Flower which allows you to go over water...that's it.

In conclusion Super Mario Galaxy is a fun and very replayable title that any Wii or Wii U owner must have in their shelf. I'll give it a 10/10
  46. Jan 20, 2012
    Because of the extremely creative and fun level design, I'm giving this an 8 / 10. Otherwise I have never really been that much a fan of mario. For a wii game, the visuals are quite impressive aswell.
  47. Feb 9, 2013
    Quite literally a perfect game that has no flaws, what else can I say? It has amazing controls that don't force wiimote waggle and allow for perfect platforming. The soundtrack is the best in a Mario game, i'll go ahead and say its the best in a Nintendo game. The graphics are pretty much on par with most 360/PS3 games in SD and the galaxies are all magical. One of my Favorite games of allQuite literally a perfect game that has no flaws, what else can I say? It has amazing controls that don't force wiimote waggle and allow for perfect platforming. The soundtrack is the best in a Mario game, i'll go ahead and say its the best in a Nintendo game. The graphics are pretty much on par with most 360/PS3 games in SD and the galaxies are all magical. One of my Favorite games of all time and definitely the best game on Wii! Expand
  48. Oct 18, 2011
    this is better than thwe sequel in every way, and same graphics and stuff, and my fav space themed game...

yeah... kay that was a dumb thing toi say...

98%
  49. Mar 9, 2016
    This is a masterpiece! I think this is the best 3d Mario game by far. It has beautiful worlds. I especially like the gravity or lack of. It makes way for so much creativity. If you don't have this then you need to get it!
  50. Jan 1, 2012
    This was the first game on Wii that wowed me. Everything comes together beautifully: the controls, the music, the graphics, the unbelievable level design. A modern day masterpiece.
  51. Mar 19, 2016
    I've never been a fan of the galaxy games. I don't think this is the best Mario game ever, I don't like the starbit mechanic, and I don't think the orchestrated soundtrack. Sure, the soundtrack is great, but it doesn't feel like it's from Mario. It feels like it's from Star Wars, and that's something a Mario soundtrack should never feel like. However, I'll give it a pass since Mario's inI've never been a fan of the galaxy games. I don't think this is the best Mario game ever, I don't like the starbit mechanic, and I don't think the orchestrated soundtrack. Sure, the soundtrack is great, but it doesn't feel like it's from Mario. It feels like it's from Star Wars, and that's something a Mario soundtrack should never feel like. However, I'll give it a pass since Mario's in space, and it soundtrack makes you feel like that. Despite my criticism, I do think this game is good. It's just not my favorite. Expand
  52. Apr 17, 2017
    One of the best 3D Mario games ever. Period.
    It is only matched (and even beaten) in quality by its sequel.
    This game will whisk you off to many beautiful galaxies to hunt down power stars and rescue princess peach from Bowser at the centre of the universe.
    If that previous sentence didn't have you curious, this game isn't for you.
  53. Nov 26, 2011
    This is not close to the plumber we fell in love with in super mario bros. He has strayed extremley far away from his original concept that its sad. This series may have the graphics but it lacks tht true mario gameplay we all used to love....... Sigh...:(
  54. Jul 18, 2017
    Obra maestra, sin duda si tienes una wii tienes que tener este juego. Much contenido, diseño de plataformas impecable y dificultad elevada! Que lo disfruteis ;)
  55. Jan 20, 2013
    All I can say is this is a great game ...despite it's childish approach. "SUPER MARIO GALAAAAAXY" in an annoying pitchy voice at the startup screen just burns me with annoyance. However, the gameplay is great great great.
  56. Nov 17, 2011
    Super Mario Galaxy takes our favourite iconic plumber into to a whole different setting that captures a fairy tale atmosphere to the overall game experience. Super Mario Galaxy is a gorgeous looking platforming game with a captivating soundtrack and fun gameplay that will keep you playing this game 'til the stars come up at night. This game also introduce us to a new character namedSuper Mario Galaxy takes our favourite iconic plumber into to a whole different setting that captures a fairy tale atmosphere to the overall game experience. Super Mario Galaxy is a gorgeous looking platforming game with a captivating soundtrack and fun gameplay that will keep you playing this game 'til the stars come up at night. This game also introduce us to a new character named Rosalina (who is awesome by the way) with little star assistances that follows her around called the Lumas. If you wish to have a virtual game tell you a bed-time story, the game tells an okay origin story about Rosalina and the Lumas, which is quite unforgettable to those characters. The game does have a wonderful charm to this new concept for the Mario franchise, though some of the gameplay could have provided more challenges for the older gamers and fans of the series. For the most part, this game is easy once you get the hang of the controls, plus re-playing the same game as Luigi was a slight let down. You think you would expect new challenges when it comes to playing as Mario's taller younger brother. Super Mario Galaxy is no Super Mario 64, but it is still a great installment to the Super Mario franchise and a great title to be added to your Wii collection. You will not believe you eyes! Expand
  57. Dec 25, 2011
    One of the best games on the Wii, beautiful, adventurous and a bright torch for the future of the Super Mario platform series. The control scheme takes some time to feel comfortable with. When you are comfortable, prepare for the gaming experience few games are able to deliver.
  58. Feb 7, 2014
    Another amazing piece of platforming genius from Nintendo. Like most modern Mario games, it can be quite clinical at times. But for gameplay and fun, there's little better
  59. Aug 29, 2013
    The game is incredible with tons of levels, great gameplay, solid controls, surprisingly responsive motion controls, great bosses, average characters, a Luigi mode, and great new power ups this game is really the definitive game on the Wii (excluding cross over games).
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    It was hard to find reasons not to give Galaxy a 10, it's fun, inventive, pretty but unfortunately the level design can be incredibly frustrating. but that should not hold you back from purchasing this magnificent title.
  61. Aug 4, 2013
    If you own a Wii and haven't played this, GO AND GET IT NOW, IT IS THAT GOOD.

Simply put, a masterpiece.

Music is amazing, graphics and controls as well.

Every level feels unique and intriguing. It sucks you in.

10 out of 10.
  62. Oct 25, 2014
    Always loved mario, but it was until mario64 that it became one of my fav games and earned from me the title as best videogame ever, is the only classic game that in my opinion got better with the jump to 3D, for example, "new super mario bros" is nice and fun, but empty of challenge and imagination. Everything 2d mario could made was done in mario3 for the nes.

Mario galaxy is still at

Mario galaxy is still at the top of the foodchain in videogaming, no game has even come close, maybe zelda which i love, but this is still the best game. Will take years maybe decades if we're not lucky for a game to surpass the imagination that went behind this masterpiece, this is the only videogame so far that gives you a more or less 4D experience. Tight control, nice soundtrack, every stage is different, 10 different games could came out of this one actually! This is the reason i need to own every nintendo console, im still waiting for "gakaxy 3". NEVER let the childish look of mario fool you, this is as best as videogaming can get.
  63. Mar 14, 2013
    One of the best games on Wii and just one of the best games in general, the level design in Super Mario Galaxy is some of the best, if you are a platformer fan and have not played this game you are missing out on a true gem, Whilst getting the first 60 stars is pretty easy to do, getting the full 120 stars is challenging and will give you hours of playtime. The graphics are great despiteOne of the best games on Wii and just one of the best games in general, the level design in Super Mario Galaxy is some of the best, if you are a platformer fan and have not played this game you are missing out on a true gem, Whilst getting the first 60 stars is pretty easy to do, getting the full 120 stars is challenging and will give you hours of playtime. The graphics are great despite being in SD, I never looked at the game and thought that it had to be in HD to look good, Nintendo knows how to optimize there hardware to look fantastic. If you have a Wii or Wii U then pick this up for one of the best designed games ever made. Expand
  64. Jun 20, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is a fantastic game, with fun new characters, exciting worlds, cool power-ups, and an amazing soundtrack, however, one thing I would love to see change is there be difficulty settings(If there are any, I could not see them), as I feel that some of the levels might be a bit too hard for someone who is not the best gamer or for someone who is a little kid. However, it doesSuper Mario Galaxy is a fantastic game, with fun new characters, exciting worlds, cool power-ups, and an amazing soundtrack, however, one thing I would love to see change is there be difficulty settings(If there are any, I could not see them), as I feel that some of the levels might be a bit too hard for someone who is not the best gamer or for someone who is a little kid. However, it does offer quite a bit for those who can only complete half of the galaxies, so, even if you aren't a great gamer and might have trouble with certain levels, it's still a game I recommend. Expand
  65. Jan 8, 2011
    A highly polished, first-rate platformer with plenty of creative insanity and a wonderful orchestral score to back up the action. Mario's star hunt through dozens of mini-planets is a wild and diverse journey full of color, clever level design, and more than enough challenge, should the player go for everything the game has to offer. Simple boss fights, fairly short and linear stages, andA highly polished, first-rate platformer with plenty of creative insanity and a wonderful orchestral score to back up the action. Mario's star hunt through dozens of mini-planets is a wild and diverse journey full of color, clever level design, and more than enough challenge, should the player go for everything the game has to offer. Simple boss fights, fairly short and linear stages, and Mario's traditionally slippery movement coupled with slightly awkward motion controls somewhat detract from the overall enjoyment but the experience is still overwhelmingly positive. Excellent effort from a plumber with 25 years of career under his belt already! Expand
  66. Mar 22, 2015
    Um...wow. Nintendo just wiped out any Wii haters with Super Mario Galaxy, the amazing Mario title we've all been waiting for since Super Mario 64 (and to a lesser extent, Mario Sunshine). The planet-hopping, galactic exploring, cosmic spinning gameplay is something that I will never forget. The first time you step into the game you are greeted by the endless world of the cosmos. TheUm...wow. Nintendo just wiped out any Wii haters with Super Mario Galaxy, the amazing Mario title we've all been waiting for since Super Mario 64 (and to a lesser extent, Mario Sunshine). The planet-hopping, galactic exploring, cosmic spinning gameplay is something that I will never forget. The first time you step into the game you are greeted by the endless world of the cosmos. The breathlessness you have at the beginning will be a presence you'll feel throughout the entire game. Expand
  67. Jan 2, 2014
    Probably one of the most imaginative and well designed games I have ever played, seemingly designed for children, but more than just a little fitting for anyone more mature. This game offers fantastic platforming segments, as well as interesting level design and a touching story on the side.

The main story is, of course, rather more of the same; princess gets kidnapped, Mario goes to rescue her. But what sets this game apart from the others lies in the game mechanics; it sees you jumping from planet to planet, gathering star bits (seemingly the currency in the game) and navigating elaborate obstacles and challenges. This game is more than just jumping and dodging; some involve clever tactics, others require you to search the environment for clues.

This game is also far from small; you must gather around 200 stars to fully accomplish the game, and not all of those will come easy to you, as is obvious in Mario galaxy's almost punishing bonus challenges, which appear in the form of "prankster comets". These offer special challenges to levels you have previously completed, such as only being able to take one hit of damage, or racing against time. Difficult, but certainly a welcome challenge.

Overall, fantastic, very nearly flawless game. It is well deserving of a perfect score, and of all the great scores it seems to have attained from official critics. Nintendo does it again.
  68. Jan 15, 2011
    Anyone giving it a bad review, oh come on! You're either one of them COD fanboys, guys who don't even own a Nintendo System, trolls, you found the game too hard or you can't appreciate a game. If you don't like the plot, then you should probably read a book or something. Videogames obviously aren't your thing. This game doesn't even need a good plot, and I'd be upset if it was anythingAnyone giving it a bad review, oh come on! You're either one of them COD fanboys, guys who don't even own a Nintendo System, trolls, you found the game too hard or you can't appreciate a game. If you don't like the plot, then you should probably read a book or something. Videogames obviously aren't your thing. This game doesn't even need a good plot, and I'd be upset if it was anything else. If it was something else, it won't work one bit and the game would be pointless. *Cough* (Sonic The Hedgehog) *Cough*. I mean, the Galaxies have variety, are very pretty, have a really good challenge and do not force you to complete the mission. The hub world is fun to walk around in. It stays true to its roots and throws its new ideas around. Oh, and if you're going to call it "Mario 64 in space", well, Halo Reach is Halo in Space. COD is pretty much always in Russia. Tetris is always well, Tetris. I only have one criticism though, and it's that running through to Bowser on your first go is too easy. While the galaxies are original, it gets repeated a lot. This isn't restricted to children. It's for everyone and the only people I see disliking this are technophobes, COD fanboys, people who only use videogames to do yoga, ride horses, etc. and politicians. Mario doesn't need a gun or killing Nazis to be awesome. Not quite perfect, but man is this game good. Own a Wii? Don't have this game? What is wrong with you? Expand
  69. Jan 26, 2012
    Nintendo always impresses me. Mario Galaxy was the best Mario game i've ever played, it's just really fun. I completed the whole game, and wanted more. I like the graphics, and the planets with yoshi are awesome. I loved playing this game, and deserves a 10. No game is perfect, and this one isn't, but is really really good. If a game was perfect, it would score more than the site maximum,Nintendo always impresses me. Mario Galaxy was the best Mario game i've ever played, it's just really fun. I completed the whole game, and wanted more. I like the graphics, and the planets with yoshi are awesome. I loved playing this game, and deserves a 10. No game is perfect, and this one isn't, but is really really good. If a game was perfect, it would score more than the site maximum, so a 10 is fair. Expand
  70. Nov 1, 2011
    My personal favorite title for the Nintendo Wii console. Super Mario Galaxy has mechanics during the game play that will absorb all gravity like a black hole. The levels with the shooting stars, galaxy music that makes you feel like your a floating Mario out in space, and over all level designs that will pull you into the game like never before. This game revolutionized Platformers for allMy personal favorite title for the Nintendo Wii console. Super Mario Galaxy has mechanics during the game play that will absorb all gravity like a black hole. The levels with the shooting stars, galaxy music that makes you feel like your a floating Mario out in space, and over all level designs that will pull you into the game like never before. This game revolutionized Platformers for all future generations. I loved it and collected all the stars even with Luigi. Fun fun and more fun! Highly Recommended!!! Expand
  71. Sep 12, 2013
    The first time I ever laid my eyes on this awesome Mario game was back in 2007 on Halloween (No Joke).
    I am really surprised with this Mario game, I played it and loved it. Score: 4/5.
  72. Sep 24, 2015
    Super mario galaxy brings everything I want in a video game into one amazing installment. Gorgeous levels, breathtaking soundtrack and fun power ups makes this and its sequel the pinnacle of 3D platforming. Of course the game starts with princess peach being kidnapped so bowser and her can rule the cosmos. Mario meets a young luma, rosalina and he gets her starship to travel through spaceSuper mario galaxy brings everything I want in a video game into one amazing installment. Gorgeous levels, breathtaking soundtrack and fun power ups makes this and its sequel the pinnacle of 3D platforming. Of course the game starts with princess peach being kidnapped so bowser and her can rule the cosmos. Mario meets a young luma, rosalina and he gets her starship to travel through space to reach peach. The road to princess peach is unlike anything I have played to this date. The way gravity works depending on the planets shape or arrows on the wall change up the gameplay dramatically and I would love to see it return some day. The levels mario faces are some of the best in any game to date. from the beauty of gusty garden to the whimsical feel of toy time galaxy, every level is almost perfect. Super mario galaxy brings with it an amazing experience and is hands down the best mario has gotten Expand
  73. Mar 5, 2017
    Being a dye-in-the-wool Nintendo fan, I have always enjoyed the new Mario titles that seem to be the stalwart of the franchise. I spent way too many hours of my life playing the original Super Mario Bros. (plus sequels), as well as Super Mario World for the SNES. Then, as with most people, Super Mario '64 absolutely blew me away with its 3-D graphic interface. However, I was disappointedBeing a dye-in-the-wool Nintendo fan, I have always enjoyed the new Mario titles that seem to be the stalwart of the franchise. I spent way too many hours of my life playing the original Super Mario Bros. (plus sequels), as well as Super Mario World for the SNES. Then, as with most people, Super Mario '64 absolutely blew me away with its 3-D graphic interface. However, I was disappointed in the Gamecube effort Super Mario Sunshine, which just didn't seem to have the right "Mario feel" to it. Super Mario Galaxy, however, brought me back into the Mario "universe" (excuse the pun) big time!

The controls and premise of this game harkens back to the revolutionary Mario '64, in which players must collect stars (or, in this case, star creatures) in a variety of different ways. The graphics are pristine, the cut scenes are fun, and the controls are easy to pick up and play.

Though panned as being a "kids game", Mario Galaxy offers something for both the beginning and advanced gamers. By collecting 70 of the 120 total stars (a task that is by no means impossible), Bowser can be defeated and effectively "end" the game. However, more advanced games can shoot for the full 120 stars and see the "true" ending.

Overall, this game is another success in the long line of the Mario franchise. After mixed reviews for Mario Sunshine, Nintendo went back to the basics in this game and created a masterpiece. I'm looking forward to the next installment (rumored to be a sequel to this game?!).
  74. Jul 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story is probably one of the best for the Mario series, the characters are really cool, the gameplay is absolutely stunning, and the graphics are out of this world. The game is really long, especially if you try t grab every green star in order to play as luigi. People always compare 3D Mario games to Mario 64, but this is where games are really compared. Expand
  75. Oct 18, 2013
    Super mario galaxy is an impressive game Mario's leap into space is an adventure like no other The graphics in this game are beautiful the best on wii .the soundtrack and level design is phenomenal and the gameplay is flawless You should buy it now as is one of the best games in history 9.7/10
  76. Nov 11, 2014
    Such an amazing 3d Mario game and although some may agree that it's not as original as sunshine, I personally preferred it. It also led to an amazing sequel with some may believe was better.
  77. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  78. Sep 4, 2011
    I gotta admit, some of these levels are easy, but that flaw is backed up with an amazing soundtrack, almost perfect graphics, and unique game play. The levels are highly unique, something that most games lack.
  79. Apr 8, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is a true pinnacle of 3D Mario games. Even more than Mario 64 and Sunshine. With an epic storyline, amazing graphics, highly imaginative designs, excellent gameplay, a lot of missions and challenges to beat, creative power-ups, solid controls and breathtaking musical soundtrack by Mahito Yokota and Koji Kondo. If you played 3D Mario games before and if you ever own aSuper Mario Galaxy is a true pinnacle of 3D Mario games. Even more than Mario 64 and Sunshine. With an epic storyline, amazing graphics, highly imaginative designs, excellent gameplay, a lot of missions and challenges to beat, creative power-ups, solid controls and breathtaking musical soundtrack by Mahito Yokota and Koji Kondo. If you played 3D Mario games before and if you ever own a Nintendo Wii, this is a must-own for your collection. I gave it a 10 out of 10. Expand
  80. Jul 29, 2012
    The greatest space adventure video game I ever play.When all the light of the planetarium comes I feel a different feeling of the game;and it changes while I advanced it.A good plot and difficulty of the levels.
  81. Jun 5, 2014
    A great game from the Mario Franchise. It's got different kinds of game play, and lumas are adorable. Especially hungry lumas. What I really like is that if you're friend or sibling wants to play you can both be involved because the second player can use a wiimote to get starbits, and hold things and enemies in place to help out player one. it's actually really fun collecting starbits andA great game from the Mario Franchise. It's got different kinds of game play, and lumas are adorable. Especially hungry lumas. What I really like is that if you're friend or sibling wants to play you can both be involved because the second player can use a wiimote to get starbits, and hold things and enemies in place to help out player one. it's actually really fun collecting starbits and being able to hold things. You can even click on player one to make him jump, which can be used for evil, haha. Expand
  82. May 18, 2017
    EL gran juego que todas las consolas de Nintendo deben recibir. Añade cosas interesantes centradas en los Wii Remote sin perder la esencia de Mario o sentirse muy incomodo como era el caso de Zelda.
    Los niveles solo el Mirador tenía el estilo de Mario pero aún así estan muy bien diseñados. Le pongo un 93/100
  83. Nov 13, 2014
    A game that transcends logical physics to bring fun, an experience that occurs in a large world for a platformer, and a masterpiece filled with fun power-ups, levels, and a good number of challenges, Super Mario Galaxy is the game that defines the Wii, if not the 7th Gen.
  84. Aug 30, 2010
    This game is the best game on the wii. Truly excellent graphics and gameplay. There is tons and tons of things to do and just keeps you coming back for more.
  85. Oct 27, 2011
    Super Mario Galaxy is good but 2 is so much better. Super Mario Galaxy 2 also does not need an intro to 1. So if you can only play 1 or only want to to play one of the Super Mario Galaxy's. I would advise 2 over 1 any day. Don't get me wrong though, 1 is still awesome and deserves to be played but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is much better than 1.
  86. PMG
    Jan 31, 2014
    This game is easy, but to me it still is the best WII game. With so many big and interesting levels, bosses like King fin, Boulder geist and Bowser, the sweet power ups, Rosalina and the comet observatory all help to make this my favorite Mario game ever.
  87. Oct 31, 2015
    Although I gave it a 9 it's more a 9.5/10, can't do that in Metacritic. This game is one of the best on the Wii and one of the best of last gen, my only criticism are the manta ray levels and having to play ALL the game again as Luigi to beat it 100%, aside from that this is an amazing game. Must buy.
  88. Mar 6, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite game of all time. This game is perfect in every way. Super Mario Galaxy proved that Nintendo can still make masterpieces.
  89. Oct 14, 2017
    The Game itself is entertaining as it's sign is a good version of it. I have no idea why this game is super awesome! It's good. Wii has been working hard on a brilliant game like this!
  90. Jul 15, 2012
    Super Mario Galaxy is quite simply, one of my favorite video games of all time. My expectations for this game were skyward, in fact, I sold my Gamecube to buy a Wii because I knew I couldn't just miss Mario's next adventure. So its easy to imagine the grateful feelings of excitement when the game shipped and I played it for the first time. It is so rare when I game comes and immediatelySuper Mario Galaxy is quite simply, one of my favorite video games of all time. My expectations for this game were skyward, in fact, I sold my Gamecube to buy a Wii because I knew I couldn't just miss Mario's next adventure. So its easy to imagine the grateful feelings of excitement when the game shipped and I played it for the first time. It is so rare when I game comes and immediately fulfills all the powerful emotions running for it, but Galaxy fulfilled all I wanted for a next generation Mario back in 2007. It controlled beautifully, It looked beautifully, it sounded beautifully, everything, for a fact, was simply beautiful. But hexed of all the fanaticism that could have possibly propelled my enjoyment throughout my first play-through, the real meat for it to be so impossibly good, and the reason I consider it one of the best games of all time is its masterful creativeness. Galaxy´s levels are some of the most creative work Nintendo has ever done, and coming from a company which´s actual milestone is precisely that, "inventiveness", calling Galaxy a highlight is some serious praise. Galaxy squished all the ingredients that makes Mario games such memorable experiences, while at the same time being new and innovative with its whole gravitational effects. It was the best marriage of old and new, one that only exhibits a sense of perfection. Its only flaw may be that for its short story the game is merely easy, but those who tend to complete this mastery of game design will find plenty of challenge, and a highly entertaining game as well. This is a Nintendo masterpiece. Expand
  91. May 27, 2016
    (Actual score: 9.8) While I personally prefer the less linear style of Mario 64 and Sunshine, I can't deny that Super Mario Galaxy is about as good as platformers get. The game is beautifully designed, with amazing mechanics and level design, and the graphics are spectacular for a game released in 2007. The only issue is that with the gravity system, the controls can get a little screwy at(Actual score: 9.8) While I personally prefer the less linear style of Mario 64 and Sunshine, I can't deny that Super Mario Galaxy is about as good as platformers get. The game is beautifully designed, with amazing mechanics and level design, and the graphics are spectacular for a game released in 2007. The only issue is that with the gravity system, the controls can get a little screwy at times, but this isn't prevalent enough to wreck the game in any sense. All in all, Super Mario Galaxy is a game that any Wii owner should own. If you still don't have this game, go get a used copy, because even though it's fairly old at this point, playing through it will be one of your finest gaming experiences. Expand
  92. Oct 19, 2010
    This very well could be the bet game on the Wii. It has amazing graphics, music, gameplay, control, and design. The ideas are very original and is a blast to play, albeit a little too easy to beat the main story. However, there is plenty to do afterwards. This game will have you coming back for more and more. PLAY IT.
  93. Aug 24, 2015
    This is the best game ever! It just is. The graphics are breathtaking, the story is great, the levels and galaxies are creative and very fun, and the music is absolutely beautiful. If you haven't played this game, please play it. This game is just awesome and forever will be, in my opinion, the best game ever.
  94. May 3, 2013
    I spent heaps of hours playing this game because it is so imaginative and fun. The ship is really cool and there are heaps of stars to collect. You have to help Mario find Rosalina to win the game. What I really liked about it was the items like Bee Mario, a cool Star Mario, a Boo Mario and he has a cool trick where he can turn invisible and go through walls. There are also an Ice MarioI spent heaps of hours playing this game because it is so imaginative and fun. The ship is really cool and there are heaps of stars to collect. You have to help Mario find Rosalina to win the game. What I really liked about it was the items like Bee Mario, a cool Star Mario, a Boo Mario and he has a cool trick where he can turn invisible and go through walls. There are also an Ice Mario and Fire Mario with a 20 second time limit. The Spring Mario that lets you jump really high. This made the game exciting. Expand
  95. May 15, 2016
    AWESOME, AWESOME AND ONE MORE - AWESOME!!! This game is so much wonderful: Beautiful world, graphics and even storyline. The best soundtrack of all games, what i listen. Better game of all games from Nintendo and other games.
  96. Apr 18, 2017
    This is well and truly my favourite platformer of all time. My only criticism would be it's lack of story, but that's to be expected from Mario games. It has addictive gameplay, extremely beautiful visuals for it's hardware, and one of the few games that (in my opinion) deserves a sequel. If you are looking, for Mario at it's best, I would certainly recommend this one.
  97. Apr 28, 2013
    The Super Mario Galaxy series is one of the best series there is on video game world.This is the first one and for me the less brilliant one.Compairing to the 2nd title this has less powerups and a little bit less of creativity.But is still one of the funniest games for the WiI excellent visuals, story and sound.this is a game for the new and old fans of the italian plumber cause itsThe Super Mario Galaxy series is one of the best series there is on video game world.This is the first one and for me the less brilliant one.Compairing to the 2nd title this has less powerups and a little bit less of creativity.But is still one of the funniest games for the WiI excellent visuals, story and sound.this is a game for the new and old fans of the italian plumber cause its innovative and it brings back the greatest Mario we can get 3D. Expand
  98. Jul 3, 2017
    A Galaxy game in mario game is fabulous. Collect the star to finish the game and have Luigi, i finish the game and i play the 2 after. all the Mario galaxy are special and my favourite is the one
  99. Jun 21, 2011
    Mario is back and with a story unlike any other Mario before. Super Mario Galaxy is exciting the second you start playing until the second you beat it. My only problems with Galaxy were predominately camera angles, length (to short), and repetitive level formats. Galaxy is still however an amazing game I would always recommend to someone. I personally loved the observatory andMario is back and with a story unlike any other Mario before. Super Mario Galaxy is exciting the second you start playing until the second you beat it. My only problems with Galaxy were predominately camera angles, length (to short), and repetitive level formats. Galaxy is still however an amazing game I would always recommend to someone. I personally loved the observatory and Rosaline's storybook. Expand
  100. Jun 10, 2012
    The controls became second nature and added extra effect to the game. Any body that didn't give this game 100/100/10/10 probably didn't beat the entire game. When I saw i could replay the game with Luigi I thought it would be stupid and pointless. That was not the case. It was a far different experience from Mario which made playing thru the game a second time just as fun as the first. TheThe controls became second nature and added extra effect to the game. Any body that didn't give this game 100/100/10/10 probably didn't beat the entire game. When I saw i could replay the game with Luigi I thought it would be stupid and pointless. That was not the case. It was a far different experience from Mario which made playing thru the game a second time just as fun as the first. The last bonus level was a good reward too. The only thing bad that comes from this game is I will probably never find a game that can offer as much thrill as this one. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. games(TM)
    Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.