Super Mario Galaxy Wii

8.9

1. Nov 17, 2014
    A very fun game over all keeping to the classic ways that paved the way that Mario games are now made and also contains amazing graffics and gameplay.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    Wow. Just wow. Nintendo know how to make a good mario game, that much is for certain. Super Mario Galaxy is a 3D platformer with a unique difference. Hence the name, Mario's in space. While you could easily dismiss this as a gimmick, that is exactly what it is not. First off, it means that everything looks gorgeous. The Wii isn't HD, so it's amazing Nintendo managed to pull this off (butWow. Just wow. Nintendo know how to make a good mario game, that much is for certain. Super Mario Galaxy is a 3D platformer with a unique difference. Hence the name, Mario's in space. While you could easily dismiss this as a gimmick, that is exactly what it is not. First off, it means that everything looks gorgeous. The Wii isn't HD, so it's amazing Nintendo managed to pull this off (but it would be even better in HD, and that's why I'd like a remake for Wii U). Everywhere, it's cosmos, but that doesn't mean Nintendo have gone for one background and reused it- every galaxy is unique in everything, including looks. Next is music. It's amazing. Recorded by an orchestra, every piece conveys the atmosphere of the galaxy (and, oh, those atmospheres are things to treasure). So that's excellent presentation. Beautiful and always, always unique. But the most important thing that Galaxy introduces is planet-hopping. You can run right round a planet and come back to where you were before. While this seems pointless, in reality it brings a whole new dimension to the platforming, and is used in a variety of clever, different ways. Here's the clever thing: you always use a launch star, which is like a cannon except it's a star(don't ask) to get to another planet. And most levels consist of a few conxecutive planets.The set out of the game is essentially about forty galaxies, each holding a one to six levels, or 'scenarios'. The goal of each is to collect the star at the end. The way to actually reach each galaxy is a bit like Super Mario 64- levels are in different places in your hub, the observatory. Getting to them is annoying. It's not like you get lost- it's just boring getting to them. The good-for-nothing map of the observatory doesn't help either. So each galaxy has a particular theme, and it is always very imaginative. Even the routine desert galaxy is filled with surprises. A lot of the gakaxies have levels with boss fights, and a lot of the themes of the galaxies could be turned into entirely new games themselves. There are loads of new powerups, and they are always required to progress when they appear. So they're not so much power-ups as they are like items in zelda. There's the bee suit, to name just one. Each power gives you unique abilities which are always very cleverly and creatively implemented. Each galaxy usually has one or three normal levels, then maybe a hidden star in one of the levels, and one or two comet levels. Comet levels are special stars that come into galaxies you've cleared as you progress through the game. They give you a particular aim and are always very hard. The downside is when they arrive, they replace all the other levels in that galaxy until you've completed that comet level. There's a spin jump to assist you in Super Mario Galaxy, like a double jump. The camera is perfect, never wondering. My biggest problem is that although there are checkpoints, they're not marked, so you've no idea where you'll respawn if you die. There's also a mode where a second player can assist Mario by collecting star bits(in game currency) for them among other things, but this mode is too limited. Overall, Galaxy is a fantastic game and one of the best if not the best, refreshing plstforners around. Expand
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    Super Mario Galaxy is the third 3D Super Mario video game, after Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, and the first main series Mario video game to be released for the Nintendo Wii.
    The story of the game starts with the star festival that happens every one hundred years where the mushroom kingdom celebrates the arrival of the comet. Princess Peach writes a letter to Mario to invite him to the festival. As Mario reaches the castle, Bowser attacks the town and uproots the earth around the castle and lifts it into space, Mario on the mound of earth with the castle gets shot down by Kamek and lands on a planet. There, he meets a few Lumas who lead him to Rosalina and she tells him that Bowser has taken the Princess to the centre of the universe and must retrieve Power Stars to reach there, she also entrusts a Luma simply named 'Luma' into his care.
    The primary gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy is similar to that of the previous three dimensional Mario games. Mario can perform various jumps like the backflip and the long jump, the new gameplay mechanic is that because 'Luma' joins Mario, there is the new spin attack move where you can stun enemies, destroy objects and use it to gain additional height and reach higher places. The main hub of the game is the Comet Observatory where you can enter different domes to access different galaxies. Each galaxy has various missions and the goal is to get the power star at the end just like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine The more Power stars you collect, the more galaxies you have access to. However, unlike those games your health capacity is only three instead of eight, you can collect coins to regain health when damaged and also star bits which you can shoot at enemies to stun them.
    The level designs of Super Mario Galaxy are interesting ad has a great colour palette. The graphics of the game are also unique as they are spherical planets instead of just flat land and it really plays around with gravity. The soundtrack is also well orchestrated and is very beautiful. The game is very challenging as I had lost many lives because of hazards or tough bosses, this is great for those who are looking for a difficult video game. The controls are responsive as using the 'spin' ability is activated by shaking the Wii remote and it works well. In addition, the game has a cooperative multiplayer mode where the second player is in control of a pointer which can help Mario by stopping enemies and certain hazards, collect and shoot star bits and also help Mario make higher jumps, I fid it useful as it can help to get through the levels easier considering they can be tough. My only nit-pick with the game is that the levels in Super Mario Galaxy are smaller than in its predecessors.
    Super Mario Galaxy is truly a masterpiece of the seventh generation of home consoles. With brilliant level designs, graphics, gameplay and a wonderfully made soundtrack, this game is a must-have for the Nintendo Wii owners and if you do not have one, this is one the reasons why you should get one. I give this game a 10/10.
  4. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is one of the best I've ever played. It may be the best game for the Wii, besides the sequel. The story is pretty good, even though it isn't very deep. It's a little confusing as well. The gameplay is great. Mario's jumps, spins, flips, superjumps, and acrobatics are all there. The powerups are fun to use, and the level design is great. I love how each level is a Galaxy, andThis game is one of the best I've ever played. It may be the best game for the Wii, besides the sequel. The story is pretty good, even though it isn't very deep. It's a little confusing as well. The gameplay is great. Mario's jumps, spins, flips, superjumps, and acrobatics are all there. The powerups are fun to use, and the level design is great. I love how each level is a Galaxy, and there are plenty of them. It has some of the best graphics on the Wii, some of the best music in a videogame ever. Although it's fairly easy, playing a children's game has never been more enjoyable. Expand
  5. Aug 6, 2013
    This is by far one of the most amazing experiences on the Wii! At first, being a Mario fan, I thought this game looked a little too strange and would mess up what I always loved, but I'm happy to say that it offered another level of innovation and fun!

It adds a new theme to that fun Mario atmosphere that we always loved! This is by far one of the best games on the Wii.
  6. Aug 29, 2013
    The game is incredible with tons of levels, great gameplay, solid controls, surprisingly responsive motion controls, great bosses, average characters, a Luigi mode, and great new power ups this game is really the definitive game on the Wii (excluding cross over games).
  7. Jan 17, 2014
    one of the most fun games that i have ever play on wii
    super mario galaxy is a must game that i enjoyed playing i love using luigi in both games once you beat game as mario however the mission are challenge but still fun
  8. Nov 2, 2013
    let me start this off by saying that super mario galaxy is one of the best games of all time, it just might be the best game of all time and it is without a doubt the best mario game ever. now the story is basic, bowser wants peach so he takes here into space. and the gameplay, it's amazing, you control mario on an incredible adventure through space and you'll go through all kinds oflet me start this off by saying that super mario galaxy is one of the best games of all time, it just might be the best game of all time and it is without a doubt the best mario game ever. now the story is basic, bowser wants peach so he takes here into space. and the gameplay, it's amazing, you control mario on an incredible adventure through space and you'll go through all kinds of galaxies that are very different from each other, the galaxies are the levels of this game. and the objective of the game is like super mario sunshine, find the shine sprite, however in this game you're finding power stars which are like shine sprites. when you start the game you are greeted with one of the best cutscenes in any video game ever. then you go on an adventure that mario and you will never forget. there are over 40 galaxies to explore in this game, and they are so great, one of my favorite galaxies is the honeyhive galaxy, this galaxy has you trying to protect the bees from their enemies the manabugs, and another galaxy called the ghostly galaxy is like luigi's mansion all over again, only this time you play as mario and you have to find luigi in a haunted mansion. and probably my all time favorite galaxy the one made out of toys, you also platform on a gaint 8-bit mario, that is probably to this day the best level in any super mario game to this day. the controls are also great and you use the wii remote to point at the screen and collect star bits, star bits are to super mario galaxy, what blue coins are super mario sunshine, if you collect enough of them you can unlock extra levels. and the music in this game is BEAUTIFUL. the orchestra that played this music is great, yes i said that an orchestra played music for a super mario game. this is one of the best games i have ever played, the best game on the wii, the best game of 2007, and the best mario game. this game is a masterpeice and i HIGHLY recomend this to anyone. this game gets a 10 out of 10 score perfect not one thing is wrong with this game. Expand
  9. Oct 31, 2015
    simply amazing and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is even better... I'm glad I bought a WiiU cause I didn't own a Wii and missed both galaxy games... I've put a 9 only because Galaxy 2 is so mych better and I have to put the 10 to the second game
  10. Sep 7, 2013
    Fantastic game! Very lengthy, great 'story' long enough to totally enjoy, and still things left to do after you get Bowser. Camera angles got a little bit funky at times, but that's my only complaint. Solid Mario game.
  11. Sep 12, 2013
    The first time I ever laid my eyes on this awesome Mario game was back in 2007 on Halloween (No Joke).
    I am really surprised with this Mario game, I played it and loved it. Score: 4/5.
  12. Sep 17, 2013
    A masterpiece in platforming. Sure, the story is definitely nothing novel worthy, but the graphics are masterful. Everything looks amazing. The controls are flawless, the replay value is high, and the camera is almost always in the right position. Probably one of the best parts of the game is its soundtrack. It is truly wonderful to listen to. Buy the soundtrack if you can. The difficultyA masterpiece in platforming. Sure, the story is definitely nothing novel worthy, but the graphics are masterful. Everything looks amazing. The controls are flawless, the replay value is high, and the camera is almost always in the right position. Probably one of the best parts of the game is its soundtrack. It is truly wonderful to listen to. Buy the soundtrack if you can. The difficulty is very consistent except for maybe a couple boss fights and some of the purple coin levels. If you own a Wii or Wii U, get to GameStop, BuyBacks, Amazon, or any retailer that sells this game. It is worth every single penny. Expand
  13. Oct 18, 2013
    Super mario galaxy is an impressive game Mario's leap into space is an adventure like no other The graphics in this game are beautiful the best on wii .the soundtrack and level design is phenomenal and the gameplay is flawless You should buy it now as is one of the best games in history 9.7/10
  14. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 1
    + Improves upon everything in terms of 3D Mario gameplay
    + Provides an innovative hook in the form of the gravity-based gameplay + Continues the tradition of offering a wide variety of visual aesthetics and gameplay mechanics + Smooth difficulty curve that gets steep towards the end + Fun additions, such as hard-mode boss battles and optional side paths ? Overly cutesy
    Tier 1
    + Improves upon everything in terms of 3D Mario gameplay
    + Provides an innovative hook in the form of the gravity-based gameplay
    + Smooth difficulty curve that gets steep towards the end
    + Fun additions, such as hard-mode boss battles and optional side paths
    ? Overly cutesy aesthetic could be grating to adult players
    ? Follows in the tradition of difficult/tedious completionist requirements
    - A lot of boring boss fights, especially those against Bowser
  15. Aug 25, 2015
    This game is really good. I loved the fast gameplay, the awesome overworld and the creativity that was put into it. It isn't realistic but that doesn't make it bad
  16. Jan 22, 2014
    A true masterpiece. I have played this game so much when i was younger... My childhood favorite! The mechanics, gameplay, all executed perfectly. I love this game!
  17. Jan 4, 2014
    One of the best games ever made. This game takes everything Super Mario 64 had, and made this 10 times better. Probably the only game that outdoes it last gen was galaxy 2.
  18. Jan 9, 2014
    What can i say about the game that has not already been said? This game is a masterpiece in gaming and a landmark in modern gaming. Everything about Galaxy is perfect, just absolutely everything. I don't have a single complaint about this game. Get this is game if you don't have it.
  19. Jan 9, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy is an excellent game. The graphics are amazing, and with 120 stars to collect, the game will definitely keep the player entertained for a long time.
    Amazing graphics, music, gameplay, control, and design.
  20. PMG
    Jan 31, 2014
    This game is easy, but to me it still is the best WII game. With so many big and interesting levels, bosses like King fin, Boulder geist and Bowser, the sweet power ups, Rosalina and the comet observatory all help to make this my favorite Mario game ever.
  21. Jan 14, 2014
    This game is not as good as most Mario games, but I still like it. It's not bad, but it's just not as good as Super Paper Mario or New Super Mario Bros. or things like that. It's beautiful, but it's also pretty hard.

jonaahh age 5
  22. Jan 30, 2014
    Such gaming goodness! So satisfying to collect the stars and the level design makes me go all gooey.. The only issue I have is with control - controlling Mario underwater can be tough.
  23. Feb 3, 2014
    Hands down the best game Nintendo have ever created. This game is the pinnacle of their creative brilliance and every minute was entertaining, unique and a pleasure to play. It has the appeal of the other 3D Mario games but excels in it's own ideas which are not present in many Nintendo games today. It's amazing, if you haven't played it please do.
  24. Feb 9, 2014
    Great Game! It was my first Wii game that I played, I absolutely love it, it's a ton of fun! I think everyone should buy it! really good graphics! really good storyline for a Mario game ( not bashing Mario story writers)
  25. Feb 14, 2014
    Favorite game of all time finished it 13 times and still can't get enough also it is a huge leap for Nintendo now all we need is super mario galaxy 3 to save the wii u
  26. Feb 27, 2014
    The best wii game ever released. pitch perfect platforming and stunning graphics and art design for a wii game nintendo has set a high bar for itself with this gem.
  27. Mar 8, 2014
    The greatest game of all time is what people, and it's easy to see why. With a never-thought of-gameplay, beautiful visuals that makes HD games look bland, and Bowser at his cruelest, this is game is a must have for any generations.
  28. Feb 27, 2014
    My all time favorite. I remember my joy of when I got my Wii on Christmas day 2007, and then just a few hours later when the rest of my family came over I unwrapped this masterpiece. It became my entire childhood and to this day I have never played a game that had come any where close to matching it. It was probably one of the saddest days of my life when stupid me broke the disc, I wasMy all time favorite. I remember my joy of when I got my Wii on Christmas day 2007, and then just a few hours later when the rest of my family came over I unwrapped this masterpiece. It became my entire childhood and to this day I have never played a game that had come any where close to matching it. It was probably one of the saddest days of my life when stupid me broke the disc, I was traumatized for days.

This game proved with its graphics that 480p can be gorgeous and that HD doesn't matter. Its incredible controls cannot be matched by any other. The music puts you to tears every time and unlike most titles, the soundtrack is worth buying. This game here is what made me a gamer.

This game here showed me the beautiful light of Nintendo. And I will treasure this game for the rest of my life. Just a few months ago I got a new copy of the game and pulled all nighters playing it and felt emotions I will probably never feel again. I will never get over my feelings for this masterpiece that we have all experienced.
  29. Dec 24, 2016
    The last main Mario game to be truly great. Full of creativity, wonder and emotion. Super Mario Galaxy one of the few representations of why video games can be great.
  30. Apr 11, 2014
    Super Mario Galaxy is without a doubt one of the greatest Mario games ever made. First off the story is really good, even for just a generic "Bowser kidnaps Peach", it does more with some cool themes and even a little bit of darkness to it, I also like the character, Rosalina, and later on in the game you will hear of a back story about her with I think is something I really like that theySuper Mario Galaxy is without a doubt one of the greatest Mario games ever made. First off the story is really good, even for just a generic "Bowser kidnaps Peach", it does more with some cool themes and even a little bit of darkness to it, I also like the character, Rosalina, and later on in the game you will hear of a back story about her with I think is something I really like that they put in a Mario game. The Gameplay is pretty much near-flawless, it controls fine and there is some great levels and designs; speaking of designs, this game has some of the best graphics on the Wii, it almost looks HD! I also like that Luigi is in this game after his absence in SM64 and SMS, he was pretty fun to play. Overall SMG is one of the greatest Mario games and one of the greatest Wii games out there. An essential game to add to your Wii Library. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. games(TM)
    Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.