Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Wii

• Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
5.7

1. BobClarke
    Feb 4, 2008
    Aside from a few mini-games that weren't fun and somewhat touchy controls, we had a blast playing with 4 players and didn't even get to all the games. Haven't played single-game mode yet, but at $29.99, it was a good value! If you want twists on familiar party games, check this out!
  2. ShawnP.
    Nov 8, 2007
    The single player isn't great, but the mini games are fantastic. Great fun for multiple players.
  3. JoeC.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Fun game, with lots of variety in mini games.
  4. It'sanawesomegame
    Oct 28, 2007
    Everything is great about this game controls, graphics, stages, gameplay, replay-value! Buy this game!!!
  5. Blaze
    Jul 20, 2007
    This is a really cool game. It has TONS of minigames that bring sasitfaction to me and sometimes, a bit of a challenge. I also like the new boss fights. The music is extremely satisfying and is one of the greatest tracks I have ever heard.
  6. MattD.
    Dec 12, 2006
    The best version of Monkey Ball I've ever played. The single player game just makes sense with the Wiimote. Yes there are a lot of odd and a few unplayable minigames but there's some real gems too in there. So it's no terribly original or different from its earlier versions, but then neither's Zelda and that's a classic still on the Wii. It probably won't win The best version of Monkey Ball I've ever played. The single player game just makes sense with the Wiimote. Yes there are a lot of odd and a few unplayable minigames but there's some real gems too in there. So it's no terribly original or different from its earlier versions, but then neither's Zelda and that's a classic still on the Wii. It probably won't win over many folk who disliked earlier games, but fans will be pleased I'm sure. Expand
  7. RustyS.
    Dec 3, 2006
    A good game. The controls are difficult at first, but you can get used to them in due time. In fact, I actually prefer the controls for this game now with the wiimote. However, this game doesn't retain the original's cool, arcade stylings which I miss, and the monkeys have gotten annoying. Good single player, but sometimes the levels are so frustrating that they make me want to A good game. The controls are difficult at first, but you can get used to them in due time. In fact, I actually prefer the controls for this game now with the wiimote. However, this game doesn't retain the original's cool, arcade stylings which I miss, and the monkeys have gotten annoying. Good single player, but sometimes the levels are so frustrating that they make me want to hurl a GameCube. The party games are always good for a laugh, and there are 50 of them. If you're a fan of Monkey Ball you should check it out. Collapse

#4 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#9 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    So long as you stick with the multiplayer, this game is a decent monkey-filled ball. [Dec. 2006, p.116]
  2. Play Magazine
    Moreover, Sega's done a fine job translating the control scheme for a game that demands precise movements to a controller that is, at best, imprecise. [Dec. 2006, p.58]
    If you've been on the fence about the Wii controls, put those fears to rest. True, there is a different technique involved, but once you get the hang of it you will be flying through levels with precision and speed. Now that I've played through Banana Blitz, I would not want to go back to the older control configurations.