Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii

8.9

1. Jun 19, 2016
    10 é a nota minima a se dar para um jogo tão bem trabalhado como esse. Produção fantástica, gráficos perfeitos para o nível do Nintendo Wii, ótima seleção de personagens, ótimo balanceamento de força dos personagens (com exceção do Meta Knight, é claro), OSTs perfeitas e uma enorme expectativa de horas a se passar jogando.
    Todos esses pontos apontam para mim Super Smash Bros. Brawl sendo
    Todos esses pontos apontam para mim Super Smash Bros. Brawl sendo o melhor jogo de luta já criado.
  2. May 15, 2016
    Best Fighting on Super Smash Bros series . In this game has got not only Nintendo characters , but and Sega characters , Solid Snake . Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK VS DC Universe are the best fighting games of 2008 . SSBB has got good graphics and in this game isnt a shame to spend a lot of hours . Good Fighting . 8/10 .
  3. May 7, 2016
    Ahh... the memories I made playing this game. Definitely an astonishing game! A fun way to kill some time with friends or family. 1 small, tiny issue I have is that the button-pressing was a little behind, otherwise I'd say this game is all-in-all an awesome game! Story mode was my favorite aspect of the game.
  4. May 3, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A good game that makes much fun. The story mode is interesting but in the end to long. The big line-up off different character's is good, but the balance between the fighter's and the game-play is not as good as the one from melee Expand
  5. Apr 18, 2016
    Incredible fighting/adventure game.
    Unlike other fighting games, this one brings a lot new to the table, its main selling points obviously being its family friendly nature and 4 player multiplayer.
  6. Mar 19, 2016
    Un gran juego con una jugabilidad increible y con un modo historia muy bueno y largo.Realmente este es uno de los mejores juegos que jugue en mi vida, lo recomendaria a cualquier persona aunque no sea fanatica de las peleas
  7. Mar 10, 2016
    I'm a competitive player, and even I must step up and defend this game. For what it is, yes, it's not as exciting, electrifying, or engrossing as Melee. But it IS a highly mental game, a game that requires high levels of skill to master, a game that is fun and satisfying to play at the highest levels of competitivity.
  8. Feb 1, 2016
    Super Smash Bros: Brawl is a very fun game, tying up classic Nintendo and even GameCube characters, like Mario, Link, and even Solid Snake. The gameplay of Brawl is all about knocking your opponent(s) off the stage. The fighting is fast and fun, never gets old, and always leaves you wanting more. The campaign is very mediocre, and that is the main reason this game doesn't get a 9. AnotherSuper Smash Bros: Brawl is a very fun game, tying up classic Nintendo and even GameCube characters, like Mario, Link, and even Solid Snake. The gameplay of Brawl is all about knocking your opponent(s) off the stage. The fighting is fast and fun, never gets old, and always leaves you wanting more. The campaign is very mediocre, and that is the main reason this game doesn't get a 9. Another reason is that its very easy to get caught in an unblockable overpowered combo, leaving you very frustrated, making you yell and scream so loud that your big brother will always remind you for the rest of your life. Anyway, Super Smash Bros is a must- buy if you own a Wii. If you don't, there are other fighting games for your PS3 and XBOX 360, like Tekken and Street fighter. Expand
  9. Jan 26, 2016
    For me this is the definitive Smash experience. Though Wii U is better, this is the one I will never forget. Plus, Snake was in it! There was an enjoyable Adventure Mode! There's characters who were missing from Wii U and 3DS! An excellent game.
  10. Jan 18, 2016
    If you truly like Melee, you're going to love this next installment Nintendo has in your hands. From such an amazing soundtrack to such great gameplay.
  11. Jan 8, 2016
    this game is not as good as the previous one ill admit that but this is still a great game cool new characters real easy to unlock everything (characters and stages) and final smashs are a cool thing to look at but don't play competitive with them
  12. Jan 6, 2016
    With the addition of great characters, better maps, improved gameplay and graphics, Super Smash Bros Brawl was an improvement on the already awesome last instalment.
  13. Dec 27, 2015
    To anyone who says that they are a Pro Gamer, oh don't even think about being one without owning this or at least 1 Game from the SSB Series. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is my Second Favourite Game in the series all of you people should play through especially for you Melee players like me, I have that as well, really good but I think this one is a little better. The graphics are great for theTo anyone who says that they are a Pro Gamer, oh don't even think about being one without owning this or at least 1 Game from the SSB Series. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is my Second Favourite Game in the series all of you people should play through especially for you Melee players like me, I have that as well, really good but I think this one is a little better. The graphics are great for the Wii. The gameplay is flawless. The controls are crap unless you're using a Nintendo GameCube Controller IMO. The character selection is good but not the best in the series. The stages are very fun to play on. This Game also has a New Adventure Mode called the Sub-Space Emisarry which is an awesome mode. The Classic mode is okay. All-Star Mode is awesome. There are also extra nice features like Trophies, Chronicles, Masterpieces, Stickers, etc. which are great. The game also has one of the best soundtrack/music of All-Time IMO from Originals to Melee and New Remixes. The Tournament Mode I haven't played too much of but it's good. Special Brawl is a great mode. The Extra Minigame Modes like the Stadium which include Target Smash, Home-run Contest, and Multi-Man Brawl are all good as well. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an Amazing Fighting Game where all of your favourite Nintendo Mascots/Icons like Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus Aran, and TONS of other beloved characters come together and duke it out and I would DEFINITELY recommend this game to any Fighting or Nintendo Freak/Fan because it is a great game I played TREMENDOUSLY and I still play it to this day and is my Second Favourite in the series like I said mentioned above. And if you hate SSBB, you're BEYOND silly as JB. Expand
  14. Nov 25, 2015
    This game was alright! not bad but fun! I loved playing as link on here and beated the story mode. I play smash four much more now lol. but if you have a wii and dont have a wii u GET THIS GAME.
  15. Nov 22, 2015
    I will be honest, this game was great and enjoyable when I got it for my birthday, but looking back on it,the graphics are not good, and the character roster is not good in variety.
  16. Oct 12, 2015
    Very fun to play with other people offline. There's nothing like playing with someone 1vs1 without items in your created stages. Single player is fun too, especially Break The Targets -mode. Other than that, single player is kind of stale.
  17. Sep 27, 2015
    If you love Smash or fighting game in general, obviously you'll want to get this. If you're not that into fighting games but like platforming brawlers, the 5-hour single player or co-op campaign should seal the deal.
  18. Sep 12, 2015
    As the game that came after Melee, Brawl is an insult to the series *trips*
    As the game that came after Melee, Brawl is an insult to the series *trips*
    -No directional air-dodging is by far the worst change from Melee in my opinion because not only does it take away wave-dashing, but even worse, it makes air-dodging spammable and it becomes way too easy to survive bad situations (especially with some characters having over-powered recoveries), which only further drags out the shallow gameplay.
    -The characters are NOT balanced btw, the movesets on newer characters feel uninspired and boring.
    -I believe that the true geniuses behind the Smash Bros. series were the guys from HAL Laboratories and certainly NOT Sakurai. As just a generic fighter however, and NOT as a Smash Bros. game, this game is pretty fun.
  19. Aug 30, 2015
    The third SSB game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of THE BEST games I have ever played in my life. The loading speed is slow at times but the features make up for it. The SSE is awesome. The character selection is okay. Wolf and Ice Climbers (Nana and Popo) are awesome. The graphics are really great for the Wii. Solo mode is okay. The stages are very cool and well designed. The MeleeThe third SSB game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of THE BEST games I have ever played in my life. The loading speed is slow at times but the features make up for it. The SSE is awesome. The character selection is okay. Wolf and Ice Climbers (Nana and Popo) are awesome. The graphics are really great for the Wii. Solo mode is okay. The stages are very cool and well designed. The Melee stages are cool, my favourite is either Jungle Japes or Temple. This game also has THE best music selection in any SSB game in my opinion along with SSB4. The controls are okay except it is sometimes I mess up. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of the best games of All-Time in my opinion and is my second favourite in the series, and if you hate Super Smash Bros. Brawl, you are way BEYOND silly as JB. I highly recommend it because it is fantastic. Expand
  20. Jul 12, 2015
    Critiquenlo lo que quieran a mi me encanta!! Si supieran la cantidad de horas que disfrute este jueGo me entenderian, me parece el primer balance perfecto enTre casual gamer y hardcore
  21. Jul 12, 2015
    This game is probably the worst entry in the smash series. This game deserves "Attack of the Clones" more than Star Wars. Seriously? Fox, Falco, and Wolf, and they all play exactly the same. The story mode was lackluster and seriously not the best, and i was playing it with a group of friends the other day, and i was excited to play it because this was my first smash game, so i thought itThis game is probably the worst entry in the smash series. This game deserves "Attack of the Clones" more than Star Wars. Seriously? Fox, Falco, and Wolf, and they all play exactly the same. The story mode was lackluster and seriously not the best, and i was playing it with a group of friends the other day, and i was excited to play it because this was my first smash game, so i thought it was very good. But once we started, oh god the input lag. It took around .65 seconds before the characters moved after pressing a button. Also, it is ridiculously unbalanced with Metaknight. Expand
  22. Jun 26, 2015
    This game is AWESOME!! My 2nd favourite SSB game. The graphics are great for Wii. The controls are good. The character selection is great. I frickin LOVED the Subspace Emissary. Super Smash Bros Brawl is a game you should definitely buy. And if you hate SSB, you're beyond silly as JB.
  23. May 30, 2015
    Ah, the game that sparked controversy among the smashing community. Will you become a loyal Melee fan or a extreme Brawl fan? Smash Brawl may be more slow-paced and methodical than its predecessor but that doesn't mean it's mindless boredom.

The great Subspace Emissary story mode brings all the characters together in one coherent story (and all without dialogue, no less) as well as great new characters like Wolf, Snake, Sonic, Lucas, Meta Knight, and more. The stages are better than ever before and Nintendo chose some really great stages to bring back to the Wii generation. The music is fantastic as well. Another smash hit for Nintendo!
  24. May 24, 2015
    Brawl was the best Smash Bros game for it's time, with one of the most impressive rosters in any game. The game features a ton of characters and maps that will keep you playing for hours on end. The soundtrack is huge and the graphics are very good for it's time. After so many years of playing Melee, Brawl was a fresh breath of air.
  25. May 12, 2015
    This game is ****ing awesome. If you like melee, but with improved gameplay mechanics, then buy this **** game you son of a **** Overall I consider this game to be the best in the series, the second best would be SSB4. The awesome story, **** of stuff to unlock, fun competitive multiplayer, and many more. People dislike this game due to tripping, however i think those **** are trippingThis game is ****ing awesome. If you like melee, but with improved gameplay mechanics, then buy this **** game you son of a **** Overall I consider this game to be the best in the series, the second best would be SSB4. The awesome story, **** of stuff to unlock, fun competitive multiplayer, and many more. People dislike this game due to tripping, however i think those **** are tripping themselves due to the fact that tripping causes NO PROBLEMS. I guess they're upset that this game is better than Melee. Anyway, BUY IT NOW GODDAMN **** PIECE OF **** Expand
  26. Apr 11, 2015
    The single greatest game ever made content wise.
    You can really tell so much heart and soul went into making this masterpiece. A perfect game all around.
  27. Feb 18, 2015
    A fighting game that can last the ages, far better than the original, better than it's popular older brother, and even a fair fight against that of Smash 5. An expansive campaign mode, incredible control, amazing graphics and sound, THIS is top 5 best games of all time material, right here. A 10/10 by me.
  28. Feb 11, 2015
    Brawl Is a very strong Title for Super smash brothers, It added A LOT of content, Such as stage builder, Many new characters, and an adventure/story with very good cutscenes, Although I find the enemies dumb and I don't like the platforming aspect of it. Multiplayer was alright while it was still up, a bit of lag here and there. The smash ball is an awesome new addition as well. If youBrawl Is a very strong Title for Super smash brothers, It added A LOT of content, Such as stage builder, Many new characters, and an adventure/story with very good cutscenes, Although I find the enemies dumb and I don't like the platforming aspect of it. Multiplayer was alright while it was still up, a bit of lag here and there. The smash ball is an awesome new addition as well. If you don't own this game, and you have a Wii, You should take the walk of shame to a Game store and buy it already!

Once you have played this game, You will also have played Smash Bros for the Wii U. If you plan on buying the sequel, be prepared for disappointment should you go down this path.
  29. Jan 14, 2015
    The best game in the series, a huge roster, great multiplayer, plenty of replay value and the most fun multiplayer of the series, not to mention a great story mode.
  30. Jan 7, 2015
    This game is literally perfect, I mean PERFECT. There is nothing I didn't like about this game. There is a large variety of characters, character animations that stay true to their original games, great graphics (especially for the Wii), and a wide set of combos and smash moves. It also has a stage creator which can be a lot of fun too. This is one of the only games in which the Wii remoteThis game is literally perfect, I mean PERFECT. There is nothing I didn't like about this game. There is a large variety of characters, character animations that stay true to their original games, great graphics (especially for the Wii), and a wide set of combos and smash moves. It also has a stage creator which can be a lot of fun too. This is one of the only games in which the Wii remote and nun-chuck actually worked great with. This game is absurdly fun to play with friends and family or even by yourself! 10/10 (Masterpiece) Expand
  31. Dec 30, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a highly addicting party fighting game that I've put in over 100 hours of playing. Its only flaw is in how unbalanced everything is and The Great Maze. But other than that, this is a truly fantastic fighting game.
  32. Dec 9, 2014
    This and Wii Sports Resort are the reasons why I still own my Wii, this game is just as good as Melee. I really like how you can use multiple controllers, even the Wii remote and nunchuck. The single player is a little bit boring but fun, gameplay is great, the 2 player is fun especially in the campaign which makes the story better.

Pros: Fun 2 player Great gameplay Good combat

Pros: Fun 2 player
    Great gameplay
    Good combat mechanics

Cons: Repitive Story
  33. Dec 9, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a game that you should have in your Wii collection. Its content and modes will keep you busy for a looooooooong time. Its main focus is brawling with Nintendo characters with the exception of 2 other characters that i won't mention. It contains more than 25 characters in its roster that will satisfy you for a long time. But it has problems, firstly, the on lineSuper Smash Bros. Brawl is a game that you should have in your Wii collection. Its content and modes will keep you busy for a looooooooong time. Its main focus is brawling with Nintendo characters with the exception of 2 other characters that i won't mention. It contains more than 25 characters in its roster that will satisfy you for a long time. But it has problems, firstly, the on line in this game is horrible, you can barely get connected with anyone, then there is the tripping, its annoying, unnecessary and dumb. There is a mode called The Subspace Emissary which is Adventure Mode and it is... okay. Overall, this game is a must-buy for the Wii and you will be proud to have it in your collection. Expand
  34. Dec 8, 2014
    If you want to play this as a family game, you'll love it because of the amount of content in it.
    If you want to play it as a competitive game, I say that this game isn't for you. It's got a lot of unnecessary things such as tripping, and some characters are simply Over-Powered.
  35. Dec 4, 2014
    Truly the best game in the Smash Bros series. (At least until I played Smash for Wii U, that is) It is without a doubt, perfect. One thing people complain about is that melee was better. I don't understand why anyone would speak of such wild claims. Brawl has better characters, no annoying, uncreative clones, (the few clones left in the game were made a bit more unique), more stages thatTruly the best game in the Smash Bros series. (At least until I played Smash for Wii U, that is) It is without a doubt, perfect. One thing people complain about is that melee was better. I don't understand why anyone would speak of such wild claims. Brawl has better characters, no annoying, uncreative clones, (the few clones left in the game were made a bit more unique), more stages that have more unique gimmicks and personality to them, stage builder, Online multiplayer, more and better items, the option to change music frequency (which was incredible to me), and a masterpiece of an Adventure Mode, compared to Melee's, which is horrid. The Subspace Emissary has a beautiful story line and is completely accomplished with no speech. If that isn't a true masterpiece, I don't know what is.

People complain that Brawl has tripping, laggy internet, and poor framerate, but is devoid of wave-dashing and L-canceling. ALL of this is utter NONSENSE. The only time I had lag issues online was with my friend who lived 5 minutes away, but my whole house had wifi troubles for the brief period, as I was skyping him at the same time. If you have laggy internet matches, that's your fault, not the game's. Plus, at least brawl has online matches, unlike melee. Its better than nothing. The framerate supposedly runs at 60fps, and i never noticed it dropping. It all seemed rather fluent to me. Maybe try dusting off your wii, eh complainers? Tripping also never occurred to me as an issue, except on Icy stages, but that was the gimmick. Perhaps tripping others was put in as a tactical technique to stun the opponent, since i was never able to figure it out.

Speaking of which, I have never heard of Melee's advance techniques until a few months ago, and I had the game since 2008-ish. Wave dashing looks pointless unless you're Luigi, because theress this function in the game called normal dashing, that is equally as effective and so much easier to pull off. L-canceling actually looks useful, but it was not supposed to be in the game. It is sort of like an unpatched bug, and hence, using the technique would be cheating in a sense. Plus, its about as cheap as tripping others.

Snake is not gonna be in Smash 4. Give it up, fanboys.

Same with Ridley.

And Roy from Fire Emblem.
  36. Dec 3, 2014
    It's Smash Bros. It's good. The only bad things are the limits of the Stage Builder, the tripping, and how some usually cartoon-like characters were made realistic. Just a few nit-picks, but an overall amazing game.
  37. Nov 27, 2014
    This game was not as good as melee although it was a very good experience. The game-play is slow and easier then melee. However, melee is much faster and more precise which makes it more difficult. I recommend playing this game before melee because the game-play is not as strenuous but this game is honestly a solid 8 overall!
  38. Nov 21, 2014
    Best game of all time. So much content that will you keep you playing this game for ages. It's a shame that Nintendo had to shut down the online because Basic Brawl is really popular and NEVER lagged for me.
  39. Nov 2, 2014
    you should at least play this game and 99% of time you would like any smash bros but this is the best version dispite being a wii game and i do not play wii games but the best thing about the game is the stage maker and the story
  40. Oct 16, 2014
    Best Fighting game ever!Most of the people say that they prefer Melee because it is more balanced, more combo-based, faster... guess what, guys, Super Smash Bros Brawl is THE fighting game of Nintendo!Simply A true Masterpiece!
    Game play:10/10.
    Game play:10/10.
    If you are not familiar with Super smash bros, You should remember that, in the first game, you moved with the control stick, attacked with either A or B buttons, used R for throws, and L for taunts. There are 35 characters available for you to choose, 20 of them available from the star. Each character plays in unique way, and the roster´s is incredibly balanced!
    Story mode:God bless Miyamoto! 10/10
    Solo mode 10/10:A new order and the possibility to confront Master and Crazy Hand at the same time!
    Events:10/10. I Like the events of Brawl.
    All-Star Mode: Can you beat the entire cast by yourself??? I did!
    Vs Mode:The heart of the game! 10/10
    Masterpieces and Custom Stages :10/10
    Final Score:10/10
    Could It get any better???
  41. Oct 7, 2014
    You must get this. If you liked Melee you will love this even more. Controls are easy to learn, lots of characters and modes, and awesome action. The story wasn't that awesome, but the game is just great. Awesome game to play if you're inviting some friends over.
  42. Sep 22, 2014
    Since when has it been cool to hate on Smash Bros? Never. And it never will be. Still one of the most wildly fun games to play with friends over or even by yourself.
  43. Sep 21, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the greatest video game that I have ever played. The fighting is quick, precise, satisfying, and addictive. Tons of fun game modes and a colorful cast of characters combine to create an amazing gaming experience. A lot of people criticize Brawl for its prat fall mechanic, but that's just a tiny blemish on an otherwise great game.
  44. Sep 18, 2014
    One of my most anticipated games back in the day and the main reason I bought a Nintendo Wii. I definitely would have rated this a 10 a few years ago but going back to Melee and playing Project M have given me a few gripes with this game's flow of battle compared to those other two. Regardless, the single player is the best that Smash has seen, and the roster of characters is top notchOne of my most anticipated games back in the day and the main reason I bought a Nintendo Wii. I definitely would have rated this a 10 a few years ago but going back to Melee and playing Project M have given me a few gripes with this game's flow of battle compared to those other two. Regardless, the single player is the best that Smash has seen, and the roster of characters is top notch with many awesome newcomers. It's easily the best game for the Nintendo Wii. Expand
  45. Sep 16, 2014
    super smash bros brawl is the best game on the wii. with stunning animation,great game play and better replay value than almost any game.It is one of the most fun addictive games in recent memory
  46. Sep 10, 2014
    This game is awesome. Fans of the series will enjoy this game. Although the competitive fans of the series will be negative about Brawl, this game is really good. This might be the best fighting game of all time. You can play as tons of Nintendo characters, and beat the living crap out of everyone. The character roster is amazing. Brawl also introduces an adventure mode, where you fightThis game is awesome. Fans of the series will enjoy this game. Although the competitive fans of the series will be negative about Brawl, this game is really good. This might be the best fighting game of all time. You can play as tons of Nintendo characters, and beat the living crap out of everyone. The character roster is amazing. Brawl also introduces an adventure mode, where you fight against Tabuu and subspace. It is really fun to see all your favorite Nintendo characters work together to fight evil. You will never get bored of this game. This also introduces new items including assist trophies and final smashes. I personally don't like items on, but if you really want to add chaos to your game, then go ahead. Assist trophies are even more nintendo characters joining in for a little bit to help you fight. Final smashes are great finishing moves. There are also stickers, which you can collect and use in adventure mode. There are more trophies, stages, and pokemon added. Overall, this game is worth getting. If I were you, get the game as soon as possible. I'm serious. Its that good. Expand
  47. Sep 8, 2014
    the game has a pretty good rooster besides the op Meta knight and Ike. Subspace is really good especially when played in coop mode. The game is considerably slower than Melee and it can be painful to watch slow 1 v 1 matches. Overall this game will not disappoint if you are a hardcore fan you should already have this game but if you aren't it is a pretty solid game
  48. Aug 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brilliant love playing this game with my brother, and I love the single player mode and the final boss with master hand, my favourite game of all time. Expand
  49. Aug 21, 2014
    With enhance fighting style and classic characters in the game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl instantly returns a better stages,music, items, modes, and new characters in this game. With all controllers easy to play with all up to four players exactly, there is no where to play but only to party in brawl. With perfect fun stages to play from Mario to Sonic, the possibilities are endless, alsoWith enhance fighting style and classic characters in the game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl instantly returns a better stages,music, items, modes, and new characters in this game. With all controllers easy to play with all up to four players exactly, there is no where to play but only to party in brawl. With perfect fun stages to play from Mario to Sonic, the possibilities are endless, also with creating our own stages with each set of parts and choosing our favorite song from normal stages. And what's better with old songs from the franchise is that there is news songs and returning songs and also melee stages. With new modes such as classic mode, event matches mode, all star mode, stadium modes, story mode, and training mode. And with multiplayer online, the fun kepts getting better and more better. there is one thing I have say is that the loading in the game keeps taking too long during to prepare for a fight or classic mode, which i was ticked of about it. But anyways this game is truly the best fighting game ever made by nintendo of all times. Expand
  50. Aug 4, 2014
    How to say all that's already been said? By repeating it. SMBB is an awesome game, a great fighter with some of the most interesting characters ever put on a game where you beat the hell out of your friends. It's a great game and it's better enjoyed with some good company.
  51. Jul 23, 2014
    This game is fantastic. The story mode is fun, and has a great way of introducing new characters. There's all kinds of fantastic things to do and change on here, and it's the best fighting game I've played. In fact, I think this is my favorite game of all time. This game is truly amazing.

If you don't have this game, I HIGHLY recommend getting it as soon as you can. You'll be glad you did. It never gets boring, and you'll love it.
  52. Jul 9, 2014
    Can't help but hate the new Pokémon appearing here; generational shift, I guess. I hear my poor Jigglypuff was severely weakened. I'll see for myself, if I ever get to unlock the darn thing. There was nothing more satisfying than having other players running for their lives in Melee whenever Jigglypuff started to float their way. They'd run, but never get far. She's just such a tantalizingCan't help but hate the new Pokémon appearing here; generational shift, I guess. I hear my poor Jigglypuff was severely weakened. I'll see for myself, if I ever get to unlock the darn thing. There was nothing more satisfying than having other players running for their lives in Melee whenever Jigglypuff started to float their way. They'd run, but never get far. She's just such a tantalizing target. "I can get in one little hit, can't I? Finally teach that jerk to chase me with Jigglypuff..." Float-dodge, parry, pound, jump, Air Rest! See you in Hell, Pikachu.

Fights and fun:
    After you turn off the stupider items, brawl is amazing. I crank my handicap way up and my 3-year-old can play with me (meaning, I fight the wife or a CPU character, and the little one goes to town with Yoshi, putting everyone in eggs, flailing about at random, and giggling maniacally).

Side note:
    Dear Nintendo: Having your Nintendog jump up on the screen while I'm fighting isn't cute, it's annoying. It makes me want to build a robot puppy-body so that I can upload the puppy AI and beat it with a rolled-up newspaper. Bad puppy!. Where was I? Oh, right. Fun! Fun! Fun! Most of the bad stuff has an option to turn it off. Refreshing!

Levels:
    The levels feel smaller than in previous games, and I it's a pity that more old stages weren't brought forward into this iteration.I haven't engaged in level-building, but I expect it will help somewhat in remedying this, though the levels obviously won't have the soul and quirky events that mix things up in official levels.

Characters:
    The characters are still stellar, adding more to the roster, but cutting a few in the process. I don't see why everyone couldn't have come to the party... Most of your old favourites are back, and everyone looks slick. Some, you'll like, and some, you'll hate. Everyone will find three or four favourites and use those to build a reputation among friends and family.

Under-the-hood tinkering:
    I understand that some of what were termed "balance issues" (otherwise known in loftier circles as "Captain Falcon wins") have been corrected, and I'll grant that handling is a bit different from Melee, but overall, everything still feels about right. Some go on about the removal of the exploitable glitch that allowed a technique known as "wave-dashing", but I think this is good. Wave-dashing is dumb, and the fact that tournaments devolved into obsessive-compulsive mastering of this technique makes me glad I had nothing to do with that nonsense. It makes the game look and sound terrible when you're playing. What's wrong with you? Just go fight that little boy and those weird monsters like God intended; with fireballs and bad fashion sense.

Story mode:
    Dumb, as always. It's just there to unlock characters anyhow, right?

This is a phenomenal game. Get it. If the next one is a worthy successor, get that too. Not sure about the 3DS one. This is, at its core, a communal game; beyond just being social. Handheld gaming doesn't have the right atmosphere for that.
  53. Jun 30, 2014
    The definitive Smash Bros so far (I'm expecting the Wii U version to top it though). Tons of characters, stages, items, and general madness make this an absolute riot in multiplayer and the single player is the best of any Smash Bros game yet too in my opinion. Only complaints for me are the character balance problems and some of the final smashes being far more useful than others. OtherThe definitive Smash Bros so far (I'm expecting the Wii U version to top it though). Tons of characters, stages, items, and general madness make this an absolute riot in multiplayer and the single player is the best of any Smash Bros game yet too in my opinion. Only complaints for me are the character balance problems and some of the final smashes being far more useful than others. Other than that this thing rocks and is one of the best local multiplayer games ever, not least because of the lack of need for split screens. Expand
  54. Jun 5, 2014
    A great game with friends and siblings. Especially because it's a button mash game, and all ages can have fun with it. There are a wide selection of characters and it makes for interesting matches. Story mode was also surprisingly fun.
  55. May 26, 2014
    This game is great to hack! Just download Project M! But anyways, yes this game is good, but i really hate how casual this is. Anyways, just about everything in this game is great EXCEPT if your fighting against 3 CPUs, no matter if you have teams or not they will GANG RAPE YOU! As in, they will rather DIE, than to have you LIVE. Try it for yourself: play as peach and go to one side of newThis game is great to hack! Just download Project M! But anyways, yes this game is good, but i really hate how casual this is. Anyways, just about everything in this game is great EXCEPT if your fighting against 3 CPUs, no matter if you have teams or not they will GANG RAPE YOU! As in, they will rather DIE, than to have you LIVE. Try it for yourself: play as peach and go to one side of new pork city & float on one side, you will see all of the CPUs ignore each other, and want you DEAD. So screw the CPUs, just play this game with friends, and everything will be well. Expand
  56. May 17, 2014
    I have always liked smash bros. this is the best entry in the series. loads of more fun the smash bros. melee. the story mode is the only thing truly negative, it is extremely boring and unnecessary. The only reason I was willing to actually play it was because it was a way to unlock all the characters easily. Some of the collectibles are also pretty ridiculously gotten but there still funI have always liked smash bros. this is the best entry in the series. loads of more fun the smash bros. melee. the story mode is the only thing truly negative, it is extremely boring and unnecessary. The only reason I was willing to actually play it was because it was a way to unlock all the characters easily. Some of the collectibles are also pretty ridiculously gotten but there still fun to get. some modes also don't add much to the game, like the stickers and chronicle. the character and stage diversity is very good and is a huge improvement. the gameplay is fun, and best of all this game keeps getting you to come back, I still play it today and I got shortly after it was released and I still have fun with it today. This game is a great fighting game and the best one I have ever played. 10/10 Expand
  57. May 6, 2014
    people that say this game is bad need to stop hitting that w33d this sh1t is off the chain and is worth playing WARIO IS THE SH1T BITE MOFO'S and is worth every freakem penny dollar dine and nickel from my point of view
  58. Apr 21, 2014
    its smash bros, need I say more? the most fun I have had playing games with my friends were on this game. lots of characters to choose from, tons of stages, easy to play and feels good to play. the single player campaign was a little disappointing because of the enemies, they were boring to fight, I would have preferred enemies from the characters games way better
  59. Apr 10, 2014
    The greatest game of the entire generation. So much love and attention to detail went into making this masterpiece, sakurai has truly out did himself.

The content in this game is absolutely unbelievable.
  60. Apr 8, 2014
    I swear, some troll-faces have no sense... i mean, some of these people don't rate it like a critic and rate it on what they think made the game horrible. well, i tell you, this game is awesome! critic's rating would say.... IT'S AWESOME! graphics are mad as hell! almost HD-looking! although i though that characters spinning around going 8 directions wasn't all that detailed, butI swear, some troll-faces have no sense... i mean, some of these people don't rate it like a critic and rate it on what they think made the game horrible. well, i tell you, this game is awesome! critic's rating would say.... IT'S AWESOME! graphics are mad as hell! almost HD-looking! although i though that characters spinning around going 8 directions wasn't all that detailed, but nevertheless beautiful. sound? U KIDDING ME!? all that and a bag of fries... literally! i could eat fries in a Snack-eez while playing this music through my wireless headphones :D it sounds so good, i would pay to hear them again. the music on everything sounds absolutely wonderful. the orchestra did a great job! they even did a great job recomposing and composing the original songs! GO Bramble Blast! game-play? Difficult and MAD as hell, once again. the controls are very detailed and who wouldn't love that simplified arcade feel of combo attacks? bunches of modes, especially with unlocking em. depth? yes, lots of characters and unlockables. ADDICTIVENESS??????? YES YES YES IT IS SO ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't begin to tell you how much i love it, especially online. and of course, this is the best game ever for the Wii. Expand
  61. Apr 1, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a blast!!! I never owned the original on the N64, I had Melee and I liked it but this is really good. My sister and I have such a fun time playing through the different modes like Brawl mode or The Subspace Emissary (Adventure Mode). They both offer good fun and good challenges (even though I kind of suck at the Adventure Mode). This game has a lot of coolSuper Smash Bros. Brawl is a blast!!! I never owned the original on the N64, I had Melee and I liked it but this is really good. My sister and I have such a fun time playing through the different modes like Brawl mode or The Subspace Emissary (Adventure Mode). They both offer good fun and good challenges (even though I kind of suck at the Adventure Mode). This game has a lot of cool features, some we've seen before like Trophy Collecting and Events but we now have other cool things that make the game really cool; There is an online mode, I actually haven't tried it though, but it's good to see a SSB game with this feature (Better play it while you can, Wi-Fi goes out on Wii and DS this May). There is also a few other things like Old Game demos which are cool even though I wish the trials were longer and a level creator; however a lot of these extra small things I didn't take too much time with, I just mainly playing the "main events" like Brawl, Classic Mode and Subspace Emissary. The characters are also great, my favorite characters I like to play are probably Mario, Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong and a few others (Don't Judge). SSBB is without a doubt a must have on the Wii, go out buy it now! I also look forward to seeing SSB4 come out later this year on the 3DS and Wii U (I just need to get me a Wii U -_-). Expand
  62. Mar 31, 2014
    its a huge improvement from last game, more characters, more maps, twice as much content and overall better fighting physics. although the game is still in favor of some franchises over others, theirs still 4 mario characters and ONE sonic character?, like they dont have enough to chose from, still a very good game
  63. Mar 22, 2014
    this game is my all time favourite. i loved every second of playing this game. the entertainment i got from playing this was enough to satisfy any gamer or non-gamer. I had friends who wasn't into gaming but would come to my house just to play this game. The fan made project M this made this game so much more entertaining and even enough where is was able to bring this to after schoolthis game is my all time favourite. i loved every second of playing this game. the entertainment i got from playing this was enough to satisfy any gamer or non-gamer. I had friends who wasn't into gaming but would come to my house just to play this game. The fan made project M this made this game so much more entertaining and even enough where is was able to bring this to after school clubs to play this with them. This game added so many new amazing character not seen before. Lucario, ROB, Wario all these i thought was a brilliant additions to the game.
    I cannot wait for Super Smash Bros. 4
  64. Mar 21, 2014
    I'll keep it short and simple. I love the Single player mode and the new characters but, the mechanics in the game is kind of bad and feels rushed. Has flaws but not too bad.
  65. Mar 16, 2014
    Pretty fun, but the previous games are (in my opinion) better. It's probably my nostalgia blindness, though. I also didn't like this game's online multiplayer or story. Third party characters are a good idea, but were OP. I have (or had) my own requests for third party characters in the next one, but it aint happenin'
  66. Mar 15, 2014
    This is my favourite fighting game alongside Marvel versus Capcom. It's accessible but deep, fun but challenging. The stages are the best I have seen from a fighting game and the characters are unique and fun. This is the best online experience on the Wii and is a must-have for any long time Nintendo fans.
  67. Mar 13, 2014
    How to make a game better. Easy keep the same philosophy and just add new features to make a great game even greater. I will say I like SBM better but this one for the Wii is great. Expanding to 35 characters makes this game endless fun. The story is great with a variety of given scenarios and different characters to choose from. Bringing back all star mode and the things like home run batHow to make a game better. Easy keep the same philosophy and just add new features to make a great game even greater. I will say I like SBM better but this one for the Wii is great. Expanding to 35 characters makes this game endless fun. The story is great with a variety of given scenarios and different characters to choose from. Bringing back all star mode and the things like home run bat are nice but the main reason why any of us play this game is for the fact of the multiplier and they deliver. Forget about the online because if thats all you want out of this game then your playing the wrong game. Nintendo is not known for great online just great memorable single player gameplay. But back to the multiplier. Playing with friends is great and got even greater with additional characters and items to play as and with. All the stages as well are great and beautiful looking to play online while some offer challenges some on the other hand have great landscapes with no special features. Adding assist trophies and the smash ball are great way that make the fighting 10 times more fun. I can't say this is the best of the series but I do enjoy playing this with friends or against the computer from time to time. The reason I must say this gets a nine is due to tripping and some characters like falco, wolf, and toon link are duplicates of other better fighters. Expand
  68. Mar 10, 2014
    Sue me for all I care. I personally think this game is better than Melee. Don't get me wrong: I love Melee, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love Brawl even more. Why? One word: content. Brawl has at least twice as much content as Melee. The addition of the Subspace Emissary mode was a brilliant one on the developer's part, and while people whine about it having pretty much noSue me for all I care. I personally think this game is better than Melee. Don't get me wrong: I love Melee, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love Brawl even more. Why? One word: content. Brawl has at least twice as much content as Melee. The addition of the Subspace Emissary mode was a brilliant one on the developer's part, and while people whine about it having pretty much no story, they probably had fun playing it whether it had a story or not. Boss Battles mode is very challenging, Stage Builder (while a little bare-bones) is a great idea, stickers and CDs will keep completionists like me busy for months, and do I even need to talk about Final Smashes? As for everything else that's an improvement on Melee, Brawl just gives us more. More characters, more stages, more modes, more trophies, and pretty much just more things to do.

Was there anything really bad about the game? Well, not really bad, just annoying. The ability to unlock every character just by playing through Subspace Emissary I think wasn't a good idea (maybe if you just unlocked ROB, Snake, and Sonic as milestones), and the online mode is really laggy, though not enough to stop you from having a good fight with folks online. And yeah, there are a couple characters I would have loved to have in the game, but I won't hold that against the game. Every single crossover fighting game that exists suffers that problem. As for the lack of L-canceling or wave dashing or other crap like that, look at it this way. Most of the people who play Super Smash Bros. probably don't play it competitively (including me though I'm a die-hard fan of the series). This stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest, and if you're still kicking ass without those mechanics, it shouldn't bother you either.

Bottom line is that Brawl is a fantastic fighting game. It's one of the best games I've ever played, and no one will change my mind. Is Brawl going to become somewhat obsolete when Smash Bros. 4 comes out for 3DS and Wii U? Of course it is, but for now, if you have a Wii or Wii U and don't own Super Smash Bros. Brawl...you, my good sir or ma'am, are out of your mind.
  69. Feb 28, 2014
    I cannot tell you guys about how many hours I have into this game, both by myself and with my friends. I beat the Subspace Emissary a few times and have beaten every event and classic mode with every character at least 5 times, and lets not get started with playing with friends! Makes the game even better when your proness makes your friends angry but at the same time they are laughingI cannot tell you guys about how many hours I have into this game, both by myself and with my friends. I beat the Subspace Emissary a few times and have beaten every event and classic mode with every character at least 5 times, and lets not get started with playing with friends! Makes the game even better when your proness makes your friends angry but at the same time they are laughing with you. Best fighting game of all time... Period. Expand
  70. Feb 8, 2014
    One of the best game Nintendo ever made. While Melee was awesome, Brawl gives even more content to enjoy. I think it's one of the game i played the most in my whole life, especially with my brother ! Lots of fun is to expect, even without multiplayer. Can't wait for the next Smash bros !
  71. Feb 8, 2014
    I have yet to explore all the options of the game but, so far, I'm really enjoying myself in both single player and multiplayer. Super Smash Bros Brawl is a gaming dream for quite a few of us Nintendo fans as it combines all our favourite characters in an original, easy-to-play gaming experience.
  72. Jan 26, 2014
    Too floaty and bloated by attack lag, it's still a SSB. Smash Bros. 64 will always be my favorite. I hope the next game is more balanced. Some character's KO moves with high knock-back are too easy to use in this game.
  73. Jan 21, 2014
    This is by far tied for the best game i have ever played on the Wii, with the other being Super Mario Galaxy. It features all of my favorite Nintendo characters and some new ones that I have grown to love. If you are a newcomer to the Nintendo Universe. Brawl is a way to get you started on an amazing company. If you have a Wii, I would Highly Recommend getting this game. You will likeThis is by far tied for the best game i have ever played on the Wii, with the other being Super Mario Galaxy. It features all of my favorite Nintendo characters and some new ones that I have grown to love. If you are a newcomer to the Nintendo Universe. Brawl is a way to get you started on an amazing company. If you have a Wii, I would Highly Recommend getting this game. You will like every part of this game. See you on the Battlefield. Expand
  74. Jan 15, 2014
    This is by far my favorite fighting game (not to mention my favorite Super Smash Bros. game) it has more content then any other fighter ever and the best story (in my opinion) ever in a fighter, and that's not to mention the amazing selection of characters. This game has no competitor it's just to good.
  75. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is just amazing. I suggest you get it if you don't have it. So many characters, items, and stages! I can't wait for the next Super Smash Bros. This game, it might have brought some characters that are not from Nintendo, but still, its really fun to play with them. The reason I give it a 9, is because there are two characters that are not Nintendo, but, I do like it, but still,This game is just amazing. I suggest you get it if you don't have it. So many characters, items, and stages! I can't wait for the next Super Smash Bros. This game, it might have brought some characters that are not from Nintendo, but still, its really fun to play with them. The reason I give it a 9, is because there are two characters that are not Nintendo, but, I do like it, but still, it's suppose to be a game with all Nintendo characters. Overall, best fighting game I've seen, and I suggest you get it right away! Expand
  76. Jan 8, 2014
    Hands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially withHands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially with friends) and the soundtrack is just a hall down nostalgia lane. The online mode is the only issue i have, but i don't play online almost at all, so it does not bother me that much. This game for me is borderline perfect. Expand
  77. Dec 27, 2013
    Brawl is the best brawler i have ever played.All of the game are really amazing and it´s have a story mode.The story mode was really exited and real great.The characters of it are just awesome.It has the Nintendo Allstars,new guys,how Pit and Sonic and F***ing Solid Snake.Thats just awesome.Who comes of a so great idea? Whatever,the tracks in this game are realy good and theBrawl is the best brawler i have ever played.All of the game are really amazing and it´s have a story mode.The story mode was really exited and real great.The characters of it are just awesome.It has the Nintendo Allstars,new guys,how Pit and Sonic and F***ing Solid Snake.Thats just awesome.Who comes of a so great idea? Whatever,the tracks in this game are realy good and the stages,too.Nothing more to say. Expand
  78. Dec 16, 2013
    As a stand-alone game, Brawl is great. But as a sequel to Melee, the gameplay isn't nearly as fast or fun. Can be a fun party game with the right crowd. Worth buying, but not for 50 bucks.
  79. Dec 14, 2013
    This game is by far the best game I have ever played. I started playing this game around 2010 and I have been playing it ever since. I loved Super Smash Bros. Melee. And hearing about this game made me so happy. Once you get this game, like I usually say when I review games, it will be extremely hard to put this game down. (Super Smash Bros. 4 is coming out in 2014!)
  80. Dec 12, 2013
    Mario games just never fail! I have all SSB games from Nintendo 64, GameCube and the Wii. This game is fantastic, the graphics are more realistic, there are ton of characters to choose from too! The reason why I gave this a 9 and not a 10 is because of the maps arnt that great other than than it just a Better version of melee and I love you can use the GameCube controller
  81. Dec 11, 2013
    I've had this game since it was first released, and I love it to death.

With fun gameplay, great graphics, and so many awards and challenges I haven't gotten them all in the 6 years I've had the game, it is the pinnacle of the Super Smash Bros. series. Brawl also has a fun story mode, which allows you to play through the Super Smash universe and save the world from Subspace. It also
    I've had this game since it was first released, and I love it to death.

It also has tons of unlockable challenges and minigame-like quests, which have kept me busy and immersed. I love this game.
  82. Nov 11, 2013
    THE GOOD: This is a fighting game that simply gets everything right. The cast of characters are all fun to play as (except for olimar, who is kinda weak). The characters are all diverse and unique. That goes for even some of the characters who were clones in Super Smash Bros. Melee. The total this time is 35 and they added in some great new characters. Ike from Fire Emblem, Lucario fromTHE GOOD: This is a fighting game that simply gets everything right. The cast of characters are all fun to play as (except for olimar, who is kinda weak). The characters are all diverse and unique. That goes for even some of the characters who were clones in Super Smash Bros. Melee. The total this time is 35 and they added in some great new characters. Ike from Fire Emblem, Lucario from Pokemon, Toon Link from The Legend of Zelda, Pit from Kid Icarus, and many more. They even added in Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake. It was a genius idea to add them in because 3rd party characters can create endless possibilities for the series. Visually, the game is beautiful. Many characters take on a more realistic look than they did in Melee. Stages are better than ever, and theres over 40 of them this time around! There is even a stage builder now, which allows you to get creative with your own battlefields.The new story mode, The Subspace Emissary, is a blast to play as well. There is the classic single player mode and 2-player vs modes, but also the special brawl which is more fun than ever. You can customize vs. matches further than ever. I mean, who doesn't want to play in crazy matches like "Super giant invisible whatever" fights? There are endless amounts of things to collect in the game, from stickers to trophies to cds. Decades of gaming history is in this title. The soundtrack is huge and fantastic! They even added in fighting online, which can be pretty fun too! The best thing about this game however, is that on top of its amazingly varied fighting gameplay, there is an insane amount of content in the whole package. The replay value is infinite. And its a game that can be fun both alone and with friends.

THE BAD: The online can be a little laggy at times. Some great characters from Melee unfortunately didn't make it into brawl. They are Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Roy.

Perhaps the best fighting game ever. MUST OWN! BUY IT!
  83. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game so much...it's a great game for all those Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, and Zelda lovers. With other characters in this game...it still makes a great enjoyable game for lots of groups of friends. The story is fascinating, as well as long, so you better be ready for some fights...there's plenty to enjoy. Also, a feature in story mode that I just started using...the Sticker Album. If you do this...you can level up your fighters with more powerful attacks. So...if you pick Intense mode...then you better get some powerful stickers. The Wi-Fi mode is inevitable. Simply great. There may be some lag...but come on, enjoy it.
    And, other countless modes of fun. My favorite is the My Music mode...the best of the best where you can enjoy your music. And...along the way is the Deletion option...now...I messed up real bad on this one. I actually...mistakenly thought it was going to do the same thing for the ''Delete Everything'' setting. So, I tested it out on Adventure...and you know what happened. I deleted my Adventure...so, that's a mistake you don't want to make. So far...this game is awesome...so buy it, enjoy it, and love it.
  84. Nov 6, 2013
    This is easily the best fighting game of all time. With many characters and stages, and with a stage builder, the game rules! What more can you ask for?
  85. Nov 3, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the best fighting/party game I've ever played. It's best with your friends when the atmosphere is so intense, that you can see in the air. Even thou there is lot of characters which won't be so familiar for most of players. Characters can still be individuals and different from others. There's lots of customisation in game modes so you can customize pretty muchSuper Smash Bros. Brawl is the best fighting/party game I've ever played. It's best with your friends when the atmosphere is so intense, that you can see in the air. Even thou there is lot of characters which won't be so familiar for most of players. Characters can still be individuals and different from others. There's lots of customisation in game modes so you can customize pretty much how you want to play the game.
    +lots of characters
    + maps (try final destination)
    +playing with friends
    +skill level
    +lot's of customization options (like power ups, items n stuff)
    +gameplay is pure gold
    +music
    -if no friends, alone ain't fun to play
  86. Oct 24, 2013
    Right after I played the first match I was instantly hooked to this game, I'm pretty sure I have played this game longer then any other. The only reason i gave it a 9 is because of bad online, and some bad stages,characters, and items. But overall this game is tied with Super Mario Galaxy as my favorite Wii games.
  87. Oct 20, 2013
    As a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING gamesAs a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING games in history Expand
  88. Oct 17, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME NOW,THATS AN ORDER.This game is my favorite fighting game if a large roster,creative modes,easy to master controls,graphic that look like that the great artist leonardo da vinci painted them,music that deserves to be on it's own sound track,sounds that sound like what they should sound like,and gameplay BEYOND your wildest dreams.BUY IT NOW
  89. Oct 1, 2013
    okay i guess. the story is horrible, and it takes no skill. your just pressing buttons randomly. it just leads to boring gameplay. the 2 best games on the wii are skyward sword and twilight princess
  90. Sep 11, 2013
    All I have to say is that ever since I played Super Smash Bros on the the N64 (which I didn't like). All I have to say is that this game is just amazing. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an Improvement upon the previous two games, the only problems though are the loading times they take FOREVER to load and the online multiplayer lag alot and I mean ALOT and yes Jigglypuff is in Brawl and she'sAll I have to say is that ever since I played Super Smash Bros on the the N64 (which I didn't like). All I have to say is that this game is just amazing. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an Improvement upon the previous two games, the only problems though are the loading times they take FOREVER to load and the online multiplayer lag alot and I mean ALOT and yes Jigglypuff is in Brawl and she's even WORSE than ever!

Aside the long loading times, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a real treat. Score: 4/5.
  91. Aug 29, 2013
    By far the best selling fighting game ever! It ha soo many contents! Lots of stages, characters, music and more! One of the best features is the Stage Builder. Yes, you can create your own stages! And there's much, much more! You can play it online, too! But 2 things of SSBB sucks: First, the annoying AI that are always going after YOU. Even if they aren't teamed up! And they're usingBy far the best selling fighting game ever! It ha soo many contents! Lots of stages, characters, music and more! One of the best features is the Stage Builder. Yes, you can create your own stages! And there's much, much more! You can play it online, too! But 2 things of SSBB sucks: First, the annoying AI that are always going after YOU. Even if they aren't teamed up! And they're using their final smashs always on you, too! The other but smaller bad thing is the online mode, because this might by laggy. Expand
  92. Aug 16, 2013
    very amazing game. Every mode is fun. especially the adventure mode. the cutscenes are great, and I experienced no lag. The only reason that this game is rated less than a nine is because there are some crazy halo fans who are putting other games down even though halo hasn't had a decent game in years! *looks at crazychief112* but this is easily one of the best games ever released on the Wii.
  93. Aug 8, 2013
    Game is pretty much the best fighting game ever made for a Nintendo console. The adventure is fantastic, and the roster is just big enough that your brain doesn't explode. If you do not have this game, I pity you.
  94. Aug 2, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl 10/10.........................................................................................................................
  95. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is worth getting for $20 or more. It's not my most favorite, as I think games that support just knocking the stuffing out of each other can get more creative and less violent over time, but I love how Brawl is popular among so many people. I loved playing the story mode which took quite some time and effort on the part of both me and a friend. The story mode is compelling, evenThis game is worth getting for $20 or more. It's not my most favorite, as I think games that support just knocking the stuffing out of each other can get more creative and less violent over time, but I love how Brawl is popular among so many people. I loved playing the story mode which took quite some time and effort on the part of both me and a friend. The story mode is compelling, even though words are not spoken, and the plot lines don't quite make full sense. The music has catchy tunes that have been part of video game history for a long time, so I cannot argue with the quality. This was a great game I was able to play with another adult friend of mine. However, we only felt compelled to play this game only as part of the story mode, not really against each other. Having such deep levels of difficulty make this game stand out more, but I wish there could be more quests and things going on, instead of jacking up the difficulty levels of completing certain tasks, and generally just encouraging beating the stuffing out of each other the best. Graphics are great. Definitely a good game you can play with others. Expand
  96. Jul 22, 2013
    the best wii game out there and a great extension of the super smash bros series. The campaign mode is fun, each character is unique and well thought out. It would easily get a ten if it: A. wasn't so floaty B. didnt have tripping
  97. Jul 20, 2013
    Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs,Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs, trophies, and stickers even after five years of playing. Like the other games in the series, Brawl is extremely intuitive, making it the most vaudeville fighting game out there. This game is practically timeless and deserved all the hype it received. This is by and large the best Wii game ever. Expand
  98. Jul 18, 2013
    The best game of the saga. The best fighting game of Wii. Complete, huge, funny, fast, really enjoyable with friends... The story mode could be a game apart (a great game, by the way), but all together is a huge mix of different ways of having fun. A big amount of maps, characters, trophies... The only point why I don´t give it a 10 is that several challenges have a completelyThe best game of the saga. The best fighting game of Wii. Complete, huge, funny, fast, really enjoyable with friends... The story mode could be a game apart (a great game, by the way), but all together is a huge mix of different ways of having fun. A big amount of maps, characters, trophies... The only point why I don´t give it a 10 is that several challenges have a completely disproportionate difficulty, in a way that you think that a human being is completely unable to complete the game, but you don´t need them to see the credits of the game, just to complete the whole thing. Expand
  99. Jul 13, 2013
    Bringing characters throughout Nintendo and uniting gamers anywhere in a challenge to have a wonderful time competing with each other. Who ever you play or play with you are going to have great fun no matter what. The story unites all our Nintendo heroes together fighting their way through in a wonderful plot, whether you were the bad guy in the end you would eventually reach the lastBringing characters throughout Nintendo and uniting gamers anywhere in a challenge to have a wonderful time competing with each other. Who ever you play or play with you are going to have great fun no matter what. The story unites all our Nintendo heroes together fighting their way through in a wonderful plot, whether you were the bad guy in the end you would eventually reach the last boss......spoilers Expand
  100. Jul 10, 2013
    With fun visuals and interesting characters to fight against each other, "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" is the perfect game for a video game lover. My favorite Wii game to date.
  101. Nov 1, 2011
    My favorite multiplayer game for the Nintendo Wii. Loads of fun with beating each other up, online is a real challenge! SSE mode was a lot of fun completing with family or friends. This is my favorite Smash Bros. ever made as of to date, looking forward to the 3DS version and more character selection! The level selection in this game has everything any type of Nintendo fan wants. This is aMy favorite multiplayer game for the Nintendo Wii. Loads of fun with beating each other up, online is a real challenge! SSE mode was a lot of fun completing with family or friends. This is my favorite Smash Bros. ever made as of to date, looking forward to the 3DS version and more character selection! The level selection in this game has everything any type of Nintendo fan wants. This is a fantastic fun multiplayer fighting game that will have you coming back for more beating and beatings!! Collapse

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Nintendo Power
    Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.