7.9

1. Nov 20, 2011
    First of all, this is truly one of the best Zelda games ever made. Yes, the controls may be unresponsive at sometimes but it takes the Wii capabilities to the max. This game offers a great story line, great graphics for the Wii, and some most memorable moments in Zelda history. People need to quit complaining and comparing this game to games like CoD, Assassin's creed, Uncharted, orFirst of all, this is truly one of the best Zelda games ever made. Yes, the controls may be unresponsive at sometimes but it takes the Wii capabilities to the max. This game offers a great story line, great graphics for the Wii, and some most memorable moments in Zelda history. People need to quit complaining and comparing this game to games like CoD, Assassin's creed, Uncharted, or whatever. This is a Zelda game. Not something remotely close to any of the other games. True Zelda fans will add this at the top of their list along side Ocarina of time and Twilight Princess. I give it a 10 all around. Expand
  2. Apr 23, 2012
    I am a long time fan of the Zelda series (since NES) and this is by far the worst one ive ever played. The motion controls are horrid. Backtracking is rampant, flying is pointless and boring filler along with the stupid fetch quests that do nothing but add to the time it will take you to finish the game and no it isnt the least bit fun. Everytime i started to have any ounce of fun it wasI am a long time fan of the Zelda series (since NES) and this is by far the worst one ive ever played. The motion controls are horrid. Backtracking is rampant, flying is pointless and boring filler along with the stupid fetch quests that do nothing but add to the time it will take you to finish the game and no it isnt the least bit fun. Everytime i started to have any ounce of fun it was sucked away by stupid game design. How any fan of this series can say this is the best one since ocarina is absolutely beyond me. This game is so bad that it is literally the only zelda game i didnt finish because i got that sick of it. (Completing the sword was the last thing i did. I dont recommended this game at all unless you want to experience incredibly bad motion controls. This entry made me want to play twilight princess again and i didnt even like that one alot but it was defintely better than this trash dont waste your time. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2011
    The controls are not very accurate. The story is nothing great. The graphics even considering being a Wii game has nothing that has not already been done better on that platform.
  4. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. the graphics are perfectly done: backgrounds, floors, walls simulate beautiful paintings. Controls are perfected, Link will even twist his hand at your command. This game is like one of those dreams that you don't want to wake up. This game is for what Zelda was created, no, this game is for what video games were created! 10/10
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome gameplay, the only blemish is the lack of voice acting, but its one of the best in the series so far!
    I wonder why some sites complain about it being similar to other zelda games and give a higher score to MW3 LOL such biased losers
  6. Nov 20, 2011
    PERFECT, the motion control is spot-on and this games adds so much more to the zelda-verse, the best zelda to yet and probably one of the best game ever, totally GOTY, fitting for it's 25th anniversary
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    Amazing controls, great artistic direction and an immersive world come together in this masterpiece of a game, if you've been influenced by the naysayers, worry not, this games surpasses all expectations, a definite must play.
  8. Nov 21, 2011
    I gave this game a 10/10 because it definitely deserves it (thus far. i'm about 4 hours into the game). The music is astounding, the colors are amazing, and the story line is just as intriguing as OoT. If the game somehow starts failing as I continue playing, i'll change my review but i don't see that happening. Definitely worth the money and imo, better than TP.
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles,Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles, tons of action, pranks, skydiving, soaring among the clouds, swordfighting and gadgets, as well as challenging memorable and rewarding boss fights this is *definitely* the game for you! If you don't own a wii, borrow or buy a used one, and play this game now! Enjoy the smile on your face after a tense battle! This all what games are about! Expand
  10. Apr 20, 2012
    Zelda: Skyward Sword is a good game that finds itself in the unfortunate position of being compared to previous Zelda titles. While in many ways it does improve upon the old ones and utilizes the Wii motion controller to its fullest by making intuitive and challenging combat as well as new, if not occasionally bewildering puzzles, the open-world gameplay and sidequests have been at bestZelda: Skyward Sword is a good game that finds itself in the unfortunate position of being compared to previous Zelda titles. While in many ways it does improve upon the old ones and utilizes the Wii motion controller to its fullest by making intuitive and challenging combat as well as new, if not occasionally bewildering puzzles, the open-world gameplay and sidequests have been at best streamlined and at worst ruined. Before I continue I'd like to stress the fact that this is a good, though I would not say "great" game however due to the shower of praise it has received in the media I'd like to focus on the drawbacks so many "professional game reviews" forgot to mention before I paid $45 USD for a used copy (Closer to $100 if you include the cost of a Wii Motion Plus controller).

First and foremost are the controls. Yes, after 3.5 years into the console's life Nintendo finally releases an add-on to improve the hardware. While I can't deny some improvements have been made in terms of position detection of the Wii-mote, it's far from perfect and the point-and-click ability has suffered a far worse setback than anything has improved, so much so there's an in-game function to recenter its calibration. Furthermore the new bomb-flower rolling mechanic is more of an endurance test as most the time the game can't tell if you're trying to roll it or return to the useless "in-between" stance in which Link simply awaits for the bomb to explode in his hands. Even the simplest of puzzles involving this can take 3 hearts easily.

Next up is the exposition. Yes I know Zelda games have a traditionally slow opening but in all Zelda games I can immediately recall saving is something you can do anytime and pick it up later. Worse that it's been almost 15 years since Ocarina of Time yet there is still no skippable cutscenes, including the schizophrenic treasure dialogues. It doesn't matter if you have 6 Eldin Ore. The 7th one may stop to tell you what you just grabbed and what it's for (vaguely) but then again sometimes you'll get 5 more it will just let you on your merry little way. The biggest offender is the story itself though. Even after you've descended to the surface and solved a few puzzles an old lady stops you and tells you basically nothing you haven't already heard. "The Goddess has chosen you. You're to save Zelda". Had the way out just been unlocked she could've been missing and the only question would've been "why make such a large room just to hide a few items?"

Linearity. OK in a way almost all Zelda games are fairly linear. You need to go to certain temples in a certain order and obtain certain items to solve certain puzzles (although I accidentally went to one temple out of order in Phantom Hourglass) but they still felt like an adventure, largely due to the open world and having the freedom to find side-quests. While some interesting features are there to be found, the hidden "dungeons" that make extrapolating their contents such a challenge are from what I can tell nowhere to be found. Regenerating enemies make sure you don't explore too much on the surface either and seem to be the only indication as where you're supposed to be. It's very easy to not know where you're supposed to be and spend a long time exploring a vast, enemy-infested but otherwise uninteresting map. It feels more like being on an airport's moving sidewalk than on an adventure. Had half the explanation for the story (which largely consists of telling you whom you're looking for every time you find a key to a dungeon or boss room) gone into pointing you in the right direction then I'd probably be able to lose two criticisms and sadly, no, I'm not nit-picking. The exposition really is that forced, there really is a "right direction" in a Zelda game and the puzzles really are this perplexing.

At the end of the day I'd be recommending this to everybody and my brother if, for nothing else, to demonstrate the Wii has potential despite its limitations had it simply been known as "Skyward Sword" in the unlikely event I would give a title a second glance. Fortunately, at least for Nintendo profits, it is known as "Zelda: Skyward Sword" but with that free ride comes a higher standard, including that of an expansive and immersive world and while many of my criticisms can be applied to previous titles of the franchise I do feel that as a Nintendo fan I am entitled to expect some improvement over time, even if that means taking a chapter from previous installments or at the least the "zip-through-speech" button that made the N64 Paper Mario one of my favorite and most replayable RPGs in video-game history.
  11. Apr 24, 2012
    I couldn't stand playing it. I'm sorry for giving it such a bad score, but I couldn't even make it all the way through. I thought to myself "Why play it if it is complete hell to get through?"

Your hand is being held throughout the entire game. Fi drove me bonkers after the first twenty minutes of getting out into the world, giving you completely useless information and percentages, or giving you tips the gave it completely away. If Fi wasn't helping you out, there always seemed to be something else there that gave it away. You couldn't explore, the dialogue was slow, the graphics gave me a headache (Personally, I can't stand that graphic style.) I purchased the wii motion plus just for this game. I was that excited about it. The motion control sucks, may I add that. No matter how much I moved the censor, or switched controllers, or even attempted to perfect my own wrist movement, I always found my sword wouldn't do exactly what I wanted it to without a couple tries. The only thing that was difficult about the game was the combat, but that was only when the enemies were constantly shielding from your attacks. If you managed to get past that, it was a breeze.

I had been told that it got better as it went through, but I honestly just gave up. There was no pleasure coming from it. I know a seven year old who loved it. And I could understand why. The mixture of cutesy graphics and enemies, being carried through objectives, and completely obnoxious npc's (I just wanted to purchase that potion, I didn't want the whole story behind how you created it and what it does), makes it a great children's game.

Truly a disappointment. I couldn't wait for it to arrive at my doorstep, I had waited days, and when it finally came I was thrilled, until I began playing. Honestly though, I think its either a game you're going to love, or you're going to hate.
  12. Nov 21, 2011
    One of the best zelda experiences ever. Dont believe the crap few people say, the controls are fine! music is awesome, gameplay and story are deep an involving.... on par with ocarina of time!
  13. Nov 23, 2011
    Before you write me off my review is based on the australian pal version of the game and its terrible. huge black borders (letterboxing) which cuts half the screen, why???!!?? nintendo never gave a rats arse about australian releases (they have done the same thing since the snes days) you can change the settings on the wii but it just stretches the crap out of the game. also have toBefore you write me off my review is based on the australian pal version of the game and its terrible. huge black borders (letterboxing) which cuts half the screen, why???!!?? nintendo never gave a rats arse about australian releases (they have done the same thing since the snes days) you can change the settings on the wii but it just stretches the crap out of the game. also have to mention, why does windwakers and twilights graphics seem more solid and crisp? the actual game itself is okay but your pointer just goes nuts sometimes and flying the bird feels awkward. Expand
  14. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finallySkyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finally challenging, like those in Twilight Princess. The boss battles are immense and truly feel like something epic.

The only downside? The controls can be off sometimes -- I found that putting the motion bar on top of a television solved my problems. But it's hardly noticable and if you control your motions, you won't suffer.

This is the game for the Wii and the best release in the past 10 years.
  15. Nov 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was really ready to love this game since it's a new Zelda game and I have played them all from start to finish! Ive grown up with these game and have been waiting along time for this wii release of a zelda game...

First of all... Were's the freedom we all LOVED with the old games? Now you just "dive" into new areas... The exploring of the game is gone.. And why is the graphic ALWAYS out of focus? The textures is so low resolution that's a shame to the franchise.. :( The drawing distance of the game engine is terrible. The graphics is way worse than ocarina of time that came out in 1998... The puzzles in this game are great! But the control ruins the fun, the joystick is way slower than it was in TP and the motion plus of the sword is somewhat the only thing that works with the controls. You always have to recalibrate the motion plus controller when you try flying for example the beetle. And there is so many insignificant uses of the wii motion controller that could be done with buttons better! This game is made for the motion controllers but you could made a more balanced gameplay controller... The story of the game is ridiculous #SPOILERS you live on a floating island and you try to become a knight and zelda get caught by a storm and yes the nonsense story goes on. It's not like the good old games were you actualy have a good background like you come from a little forest village and fight yourself upwards in the world! No now your some kind of random god knight that's flying a big useless bird that's impossible to controll and just dive/jump into new "dungeons". And what's up with your SWORD, now it's no fairy that's helping you ,now your sword is carrying somekind of ALIEN like sword creature that calculates everything "it's 95% chance you will find Zelda in this dungeon". And the alien always talk about the motion controller and how you can recalibrate it, what a nice way to keep the adventure illusion talking about the controller "35% of all the time the alien talks". There's still no voice acting but it's of no big deal us Zelda fans are used to it and it's no setback compared to the other games. The sound is good to make it short. I have finished the game. All the way I was thinking why the **** dont I play ocarina of time / TP ?! The score is based on 1point for the sword controll, 1point for the sound and 1 for the puzzles. I hope if you read this that you will get a greater experince of this Zelda game than I had. I guess my expectations were to high :(
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    Although, the Wii seems to be aging since it's release in 2006, Nintendo has never fail when it comes to delivering great games with an impressive story line and graphical art style, and that game has finally arrive as each of us dusted out our WII just to play this master-piece that Nintendo developers put so much time and passion into to give us another great experience in their ZeldaAlthough, the Wii seems to be aging since it's release in 2006, Nintendo has never fail when it comes to delivering great games with an impressive story line and graphical art style, and that game has finally arrive as each of us dusted out our WII just to play this master-piece that Nintendo developers put so much time and passion into to give us another great experience in their Zelda franchise. After, playing Skyward Sword for at least 4 hours I was very impress it was one of the best art style I have ever seen in a game, even the graphics were great as well for a Wii game, and yes this game would have looked even better if Nintendo were to develop a High-Definition console for the game, but oh well. Also, I would never consider this game to be ported to the PS3 and XBOX 360 it would be horrible because it's a Nintendo classic title, and no I'm not a fan boy I own both the Wii and Ps3, and the 360 is a great system as well although I don't even own it, but each systems has very impressive exclusives to itself. Personally, I love the water color art style in Skyward Sword it's one of the best graphics I have seen mixing both twilight princess and the wind waker it's just phenomenal with the WII limited hardware. As with the combat the one on one Wii motion plus is accurate indeed although it's not too perfect especially when I'm swinging the controller like crazy it becomes unresponsive sometimes, but who cares Nintendo actually deliver impressive game-play. Now the music, which was preform and orchestrated into Skyward Sword......... BEST MUSIC I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM A GAME, ESPECIALLY IN A ZELDA GAME right after SKYRIMS EPIC MUSIC. I'M GLAD THAT Nintendo has finally decided orchestrate the music into the 25 anniversary sound track disk. Oh yeah and to those who give the game a rating of zero don't go judging the graphics just because it isn't a game with intense graphics like on a a PC , PS3 , and Xbox 360 it's a WII game of course the graphics is outdated in 2011 but who cares it looks great. Finally, after viewing recent reviews from critics such as IGN, GAMETRAILERS, AND GAMESPOT i have say i agree with all three review IGN gave it a 10, gametrailers gave it a 9.1 and then gamespot gave it a 7.5 because a review wouldn't be without criticizing, but enough said it's the critics opinions not ours but giving this game at least a zero is just shame if you people don't enjoy the graphics then don't buy it and play something else. Overall this game is a must buy. Collapse
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    I have been playing this game for about 35+ hours now and i can say without a doubt this is the best game of the year, one of the best games of this generation and one of if not the best Zelda games.
  18. Nov 20, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the best game on the Wii. It's also the best Zelda game of all time, quite a feat, considing Zelda is considered by some to be the best game series ever. The MotionPlus swordplay, although tough to get used to, is flawless, and I never want to play another Zelda game without it ever again. The structure of the game is incredibly designed, and theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the best game on the Wii. It's also the best Zelda game of all time, quite a feat, considing Zelda is considered by some to be the best game series ever. The MotionPlus swordplay, although tough to get used to, is flawless, and I never want to play another Zelda game without it ever again. The structure of the game is incredibly designed, and the music...well, you should count yourself lucky that a soundtrack comes with the game, as in my opinion, it's the best game soundtrack ever. Zelda: Skyward Sword is amazing, and if you have a Wii, you owe it to it and yourself to buy it. 10/10 Expand
  19. Nov 20, 2011
    Nintendo's changed the game with Skyward sword. The Motion controls are simple and intuitive, requiring minimal time to adjust. From wielding your sword to properly using your shield (ensuring it's not damaged) to bowling with bombs, and flying to the wonderfully made soundtrack. Skyward Sword's a must have for ANYONE who's remotely interested in the Zelda series.
  20. Nov 20, 2011
    Right. So I'm kind of a big zelda fanboy and I've grown up with the franchise since Ocarina of Time. I have to say that Skyward sword and Twilight Princess are my second and third favorite games of the series. I would give this game a 10 for it's so-far excellent story, but there is one thing that kind of ruins the gameplay for me. I usually pay attention to the plots of the game ratherRight. So I'm kind of a big zelda fanboy and I've grown up with the franchise since Ocarina of Time. I have to say that Skyward sword and Twilight Princess are my second and third favorite games of the series. I would give this game a 10 for it's so-far excellent story, but there is one thing that kind of ruins the gameplay for me. I usually pay attention to the plots of the game rather than it's controls, but the wii motion controls for Skyward sword really iritathttp://i.imgur.com/5uTTP.pnges me. Like it really really /really/ irritates me. I've gone through the first temple today and I don't think I've ever raged like that over a video games controls before. I'm not sure if it's the console's or the game's fault, but in my personal opinion I just think that the wii motion controls for this game are just terrible. I honestly wished they had an option to pick whether you want to play with the standard joystick or use the motion sensors, because I would have picked the joystick in a heartbeat. But I guess you just have to make due with what you got. Maybe some people have had the same problems, maybe others don't have an issue with the controls at all. This is just from my perspective. As far as the graphics go. It's the same as Twilight Princess, which isn't really a bad thing at all. Unless cartoonish nintendo graphics bug you. So if I wanted to rate the game's story, controls/gameplay, and graphics in that order I would rate:

Story- 10 ( =D )
    Controls/Gameplay- 4 ( =/ )
    Graphics- 8 ( =) )

All in all, if your a zelda fan you should definitely get this game. I've really enjoyed it so far.
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    A modern classic was born. The game of the year will be remembered for decades by the giant scenarios that have now become huge dungeons in which there is much to be done. The narrative is really mature and at the same time speaks of the core issues of the classic stories. Good against evil. The use of the wiimote with its precision 1:1 gives this epic classic story of a modernity that noA modern classic was born. The game of the year will be remembered for decades by the giant scenarios that have now become huge dungeons in which there is much to be done. The narrative is really mature and at the same time speaks of the core issues of the classic stories. Good against evil. The use of the wiimote with its precision 1:1 gives this epic classic story of a modernity that no other device has to offer. Expand
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    A Different, but still very good Zelda Game. I now play for 21 hours and the game is definitely a masterpiece. There are incorporated so many small elements that it is unique in its kind but I like the look, it fits Zelda and the game looks like a walking painting. As always, everything has a purpose and use in Zelda. The puzzles are great made â
  23. Nov 22, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has done what Twilight Princess should have when it was brought over to the Wii: That is, used the Wii-mote. And oh how SS has. While it may not be the out-of-this-world epic that people expected, it is as close as a Wii game can get. The musical score is well done (if young at heart), and the action plays out nice and smooth. This Zelda is tougher thanThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has done what Twilight Princess should have when it was brought over to the Wii: That is, used the Wii-mote. And oh how SS has. While it may not be the out-of-this-world epic that people expected, it is as close as a Wii game can get. The musical score is well done (if young at heart), and the action plays out nice and smooth. This Zelda is tougher than previous titles in the series, but it also has a vastly updated UI to guide you through it, as well as a much improved companion NPC that helps you every step of the way should you need it. The camera does leave something to be desired, but using your Z-Target function does correct the angle and therefore bypasses any problems that may develop from not having complete control over the camera all the time, like in Wind Waker. If I had any complaints for this game, they would be few, but they would include the somewhat quirky camera and the overall childlike feel of the game, though this second point is relative to one's own view and I myself do not find it all that bothersome. To sum up, Skyward Sword has proven that it is a Zelda game, and a good one at that. One for the ages. Two thumbs skyward from me. Expand
  24. Mar 18, 2012
    This game is missing so much of the magic I've com to expect from Zelda games...theres none of the exploration, freedom, characters or emotion I found with Ocarina of Time and the others. I'm a fair way through and I have yet to get that "Zelda feeling". Obviously I wasn't expecting Skyrim with triforces but everything just feels dumbed down and simplified...all apart from the controls,This game is missing so much of the magic I've com to expect from Zelda games...theres none of the exploration, freedom, characters or emotion I found with Ocarina of Time and the others. I'm a fair way through and I have yet to get that "Zelda feeling". Obviously I wasn't expecting Skyrim with triforces but everything just feels dumbed down and simplified...all apart from the controls, which are just a mess. Really wish I'd just kept Zelda as a memory...Ocarina of Time is still the best game ever, not even this can spoil that. Expand
  25. Nov 21, 2011
    Balancing the trolls. This game is a masterpiece in its own right. The franchise is the best at what it does: create a fun, intuitive adventure for children of any age.

This "grafix sux, same formula" crap is just a showcase of the kinds of people who would give this game a zero. Guess what? Games don't need the most updated graphics to be fun. A lot of 8 bit games are still fun. As for

Guess what? Games don't need the most updated graphics to be fun. A lot of 8 bit games are still fun. As for the same formula? Why reinvent the wheel. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    I'd say I'm about half way through the game at this stage. What I have played so far, however, is leading me to believe that I am playing the best game I have ever played, ever. The graphics are the first thing that stuck out for me, this is a Wii game so clearly it's going to be missing out on pixel count and model detail/texture sizes and post processing etc. but you know what, none ofI'd say I'm about half way through the game at this stage. What I have played so far, however, is leading me to believe that I am playing the best game I have ever played, ever. The graphics are the first thing that stuck out for me, this is a Wii game so clearly it's going to be missing out on pixel count and model detail/texture sizes and post processing etc. but you know what, none of that seems to matter. This is by far in large of of the best looking games I have played this generation, Character models, expressions and animation are of a quality only normally seen in a Pixar movie, extremely emotive.

At first I thought the game play was a little clunky, being used to previous Zelda titles, but after realising the character moves more at a walking pace in doors and got out into the one world the controls are much more tight. Motion controls are very tight and having the option to reset the motion sensor with the d-pad makes the whole process super smooth. A lot of the fights difficulty does come from being able to swipe the correct way at the correct time but having just spent close to 50 hours in DarkSouls this is actually very similar to blocking an attack, rolling out of the way and then striking in a particular way at a specific moment. The motion controls simple add a heightened level of involvement and massively increased accuracy when aiming special items.

As far as pacing is concerned It is very well thought out. No dungeon so far has been too long or short and returning to old locations does not drag out like it did in Phantom Hour Glass. The closest experience I can think of is the way Metroid/Castlevania games pan out when finding new areas in old locations or better yet the way A Link to the Past did.

Zelda games weakest point for me in the past has been a lack of continuous story telling. This is actually one of Skyward Sword's best point's as the story is regularly and effectively updated and evolved as the game progresses. No longer are you simply told to go collect the 3 things and get absolutely no story updates until you have.

The cute scenes are of an exceptional quality that Dreamworks would be lucky to achieve - without the use of overpaid acting talent!

The game also has a fairly robust, if not a little simple, item upgrade system that adds another level of depth to game progression - money now feels useful for something other than absolutely necessary purchases.

So on the whole Zelda Skyward Sword is shaping up to be essentially the greatest game I've ever laid by hands on. What I have experienced thus far is certainly 10/10 but I'll update that should the latter half of the game make me change my mind. I somehow doubt that will be the case.
  27. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the longest Zelda game. After the 6th Dungeon I thought the game was near the end
    In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that.
    3 dragon quests then a triforce quest a total of 4 spirit leaf missions 3 imprisoned boss fights. completion time, 61. hrs WARNING!!!! Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over
    In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that.
    3 dragon quests
    then a triforce quest
    a total of 4 spirit leaf missions
    3 imprisoned boss fights.
    completion time, 61. hrs
    WARNING!!!!
    Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over your progress.

Skyward Sword is like a semester of school
    first you solve a puzzle, then you are given that same puzzle with different variations.
    You are given chapters with weapons that solve these puzzles in a specific manner.
    You will then have to memorize these puzzles because you will be given a test to solve them again during the later levels. If you fail, you can look in the back of the book a la stone guide.

This is a game that works both your senses and your reflexes. Not too many games require this kind of skill. This game will be remembered far more than recent Zelda titles. It brings back the old spirit that was left behind during the snes days. Best of all, they brought back the beam that fires from the sword. This is the first 3d Zelda to include this mechanic.
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    Perfect control's, brilliant story, unique gameplay and a fantastic story come together to create a masterpiece. If you own a Wii, you have no reason NOT to own this!
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm leaving this review to counter all the idiots that give stupidly low reviews. I'm sure none of them have even touched Skyward Sword. The graphics are beautiful, and anyone saying they aren't because they aren't realistic is just a complete idiot. The controls work perfectly. If you think they don't you're probably a retard that has bright lights around while you're playing the game.I'm leaving this review to counter all the idiots that give stupidly low reviews. I'm sure none of them have even touched Skyward Sword. The graphics are beautiful, and anyone saying they aren't because they aren't realistic is just a complete idiot. The controls work perfectly. If you think they don't you're probably a retard that has bright lights around while you're playing the game. The game is amazing and anyone with a Wii needs to get it. If you don't have a Wii, find one and get this game. Expand
  30. Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know what's up with people's controllers, because the motionm plus works fine. If it starts glitching, it's a one button fix. Also, the graphics are fine, like a painting. There is no lag, and almost no load times. And the one to one motion control is used great, especially past the first Ghirahim fight. This game does everything right, and the five years of development gave us aI don't know what's up with people's controllers, because the motionm plus works fine. If it starts glitching, it's a one button fix. Also, the graphics are fine, like a painting. There is no lag, and almost no load times. And the one to one motion control is used great, especially past the first Ghirahim fight. This game does everything right, and the five years of development gave us a masterpiece. Haters stop hating, laggers get a better Wii because yours is broken, but don't take anything away from the game because of your **** hardware. Expand
  31. Nov 24, 2011
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever created.

It is doubtful that the game will win over new converts, but for series faithfuls, this game represents the apotheosis of the series' style. Everything that makes a Zelda game a Zelda game is in perfect form in this wonderful game. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous, with an art style reminiscent of both the whimsical Wind Waker and the
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever created.

The scenery is absolutely gorgeous, with an art style reminiscent of both the whimsical Wind Waker and the darker Twilight Princess - it looks as if ripped straight from an oil painting. The combat is seamless - it feels incredibly fluid and natural. The story has a brilliant mythical quality that gives the entire series a sort of origin myth all its own.

If you have ever loved a Zelda game, this is a must play.
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    While I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzlesWhile I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzles are new, the characters are new, the world is new and even the story is new. Everything feels very fresh and rich, like the first time we touched upon Ocarina of Time in 1998.

Not everything is perfect, so a full 10 is out of the question. The controls are a bit clunky and the Wii Motion Plus only adds painful muscles to the experience, the new companion is also rather annoying and feels like a copy of GlaDos from portal.

However, the faults are too small to actually ruin the game for me and Skyward Sword makes the franchise fresh for another 25 years.
  33. Nov 20, 2011
    Just an amazing games. Don't mind these trolls who are marking this game down for no reason. Buy this! It's worth the time and money. Controls are just fine, graphics are probably the best the wii has to offer, and it's just an all-around enjoyable experience.
  34. Nov 20, 2011
    The controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solveThe controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solve puzzles, beat boss, done. They actually make a whole area in the game a open ended dungeon, having certain things sealed off until you have the right weapons to access them, almost like a metroid approach, something some fans will hate but most will like the change of pace from the tired formula zelda has always stuck to. it is very challenging as well making you think about where to slice your enemy next without just mashing a button or waggling around like in past games, and the bosses are extremely creative an difficult making them the best in the series to date. It really is what the wii was made for and is a must buy for anyone who is a fan of the series. Expand
  35. Nov 20, 2011
    Ok so ive played Skyward Sword for about 7 and a half hours now. and even though its a little to early to judge the game in a whole im gonna give it a 9 but if my opinion changes ill change the review. But so far pretty damn good game
  36. Nov 20, 2011
    What's new: Enhanced controls.
    New graphics.
    Improved combat system. Different means of over-world travel. Challenging AI Story-driven campaign Upgrading/crafting system. What is preserved from earlier installments: Enemy types Dungeon exploration and puzzles. Auto-jump Item types Protagonists Other common themes from previous titles. Significant Pros: Story, Combat, Music. Criticisms:
    What's new: Enhanced controls.
    New graphics.
    Improved combat system.
    Different means of over-world travel. Challenging AI
    Story-driven campaign
    Upgrading/crafting system.

What is preserved from earlier installments:
    Enemy types
    Dungeon exploration and puzzles.
    Auto-jump
    Item types
    Protagonists
    Other common themes from previous titles.

Significant Pros: Story, Combat, Music.
    Criticisms: Controls at times, too precise. Over-world movement. Overall: 9. An improved installment in a classic series.
  37. Nov 22, 2011
    Don't believe negative reviews. There is a reason the gaming media did not give this game a single "Mixed" review. Must purchase. The Wii's game library has built itself up for this game. You will see aspects of just about every Nintendo Wii game manifest itself in this game.
  38. Nov 22, 2011
    Espectacular! desprende magia por todos sus pixeles, el gameplay es perfecto.... un juego envolvente, divertido desde el primer minuto. El mejor juego de esta generación sin lugar a dudas.

Perfecto
  39. Nov 21, 2011
    The Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a mustThe Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a must buy for any zelda fan, or even any wii owner! Expand
  40. Nov 20, 2011
    The best Zelda game so far. Great art style, great soundtrack, great story, and the best control scheme. Motion Plus really does difference in gameplay, how say it not is a dumb.
    Conclusion, play Skyward Sword, don't worry about bad reviews, they reveal envy from author.
  41. Nov 21, 2011
    I whole-heartedly agree with metacritic score and most other scores. This game is quite good. The use of the Wii motion-plus really brings out the Wii to it's full potential. This is probably the best motion based game ever. I mean, the PS move had crummy games, as did the Kinect, but, it's this sort of game that motion controls and epic 1:1 swordplay is built for. However, why must peopleI whole-heartedly agree with metacritic score and most other scores. This game is quite good. The use of the Wii motion-plus really brings out the Wii to it's full potential. This is probably the best motion based game ever. I mean, the PS move had crummy games, as did the Kinect, but, it's this sort of game that motion controls and epic 1:1 swordplay is built for. However, why must people bag this game? It is good, I found nothing wrong with it. It has the best story, characters, quests and dungeons in a Zelda game. A lot of people are complaining about the 1:1 sword gameplay. I admit, this does require some getting used to, but the thing about this is, once you can learn it properly, swordplay becomes more rewarding and you feel like every battle you achieve something. No button mashing in this Zelda game! I am, however, disappointed at Gamespots review of this. It seemed like they were nitpicking at little things and, quite frankly, Gameinformer, IGN and various other trusted game reviewers have given it a perfect score of ten out of ten. I'm not going to let a bunch of FPS fans and ignorant game reviewers make up incriminatory comments, most likely just to stop it from being nominated game of the year, so they can have their precious Call of Duty become game of the year. (BTW CoD wasn't nominated understandably).
    So please, why must you bag this game out. It is a Zelda game for God sakes. No-one has DARED criticise a Zelda game until now, because they know they will be pummelled by angry fanboys. Speaking of which, I am proud to be a Zelda fanboy. Everygame that has been released has been pretty good. some better than others , and I think Skyward Sword is the best of the bunch.
  42. Nov 21, 2011
    I don't have to explain myself. For me, this and every other Zelda game will always be a 10. jkbljgcjfhjvjb ghcvgfhvb,jobhmgdfhgfhjliugfcxsdfdgcfghmjn,hgvcnfsdvsbdvbfgnvhbn,bjmthdzscxdc
  43. Nov 21, 2011
    great game because like what some of the reviewers are saying it feels like one big dungeon getting to the dungeon. controls are great but occasionally when drawing my sword it wasn't where i was pointing it. it seemed like it was doing opposite of my movements. instead of recalibrating i would go to item menu and recenter and everything would be great. one other small complaint is alwaysgreat game because like what some of the reviewers are saying it feels like one big dungeon getting to the dungeon. controls are great but occasionally when drawing my sword it wasn't where i was pointing it. it seemed like it was doing opposite of my movements. instead of recalibrating i would go to item menu and recenter and everything would be great. one other small complaint is always hitting B to equipped the item that alrealy set on B. once it's set it should be set. also B should use the item instead of hitting B then A to shoot. but still a great game my fav is majora's mask then a tie between this and twilight princess. Expand
  44. Nov 22, 2011
    It's sad to see all the haters destroy the true user score of a masterpiece. I'm playing for over 35 hours now and I can assure you that all those people who gave a score below 8 haven't played the game properly or far enough. This game is superb! Great controls, characters, story & design aside: the puzzles are awesome! They are fresh, exciting & most important challenging. This gameIt's sad to see all the haters destroy the true user score of a masterpiece. I'm playing for over 35 hours now and I can assure you that all those people who gave a score below 8 haven't played the game properly or far enough. This game is superb! Great controls, characters, story & design aside: the puzzles are awesome! They are fresh, exciting & most important challenging. This game sucks you in and I'm having a hard time letting the controller go. I just wanna play more. That's the reason why I stop here ;) Don't let the haters win!!! Write a honest review!!! Expand
  45. Nov 22, 2011
    Nintendo has finally delivered on what they promised us with the Wii. The game offers 1:1 motion controls that work perfectly. The game design is masterful, and I feel the same sense of mystery when exploring this game, as I did when playing A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. An incredible game, and an amazing way for the Wii to trail off into the sunset.
  46. POE
    Nov 22, 2011
    If you´ve been playing video games for a long time then you will understand what this means: This is the Ocarina of time of this era. If you´re new i´ll translate what that means: Absolute perfection.
  47. Mar 15, 2012
    VERY overrated game. I don't know why people are even thinking of comparing this ill handled turd to Ocarina of Time. The controls SUCK. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    this is one of the most creative and beatiful games off all time with some of the most unique graphics to date, this game has the best motion controls of all the games this gen, a 50 to 100 or more hours of adventure with a amazing story, lots of side quests, and great cut scenes this is a long game worth your time and money, this is best game ever
  49. Nov 26, 2011
    First of all, this is a great game.

It still has room for improvement and one can only notice that it was probably going to be bigger but was cut short... On the plus side, the stuff that made into the game was mostly well done and very polished in typical Nintendo fashion. I had mixed results with the motion controls: they take some time to get used to but once you do, they worked well
    First of all, this is a great game.

I had mixed results with the motion controls: they take some time to get used to but once you do, they worked well to some extent and there are parts where it's truly satisfying to slash, stab, parry, spin and finalize most enemies... other times i was frustrated by how sensitive the controls are as i very often saw changing the position of the sword read as a slash or a slash turning into two slashes when returning the remote to the center, or having a stab turn to a spin attack due to the slightest hint of the nunchuck moving when doing the stab gesture, especially since the combat is very particular in how it let's you deal damage to enemies, the misread gestures make for some infuriating moments in the heat of tense fights that demand precision, sadly subtracting enjoyment in some of them.

The story was fine yet some of the changes I disliked, especially for Zelda, who i think should have played a more active role in this quest as hinted in the beginning and sometimes her actions don't make sense. It'd have been great to see some part where she joins the fight, I mean, she's a student of the knight academy, yet she's the most fragile and delicate I've seen her except for Zelda II where she sleeps the entire game, or maybe have her do the spiritual parts since she's a "Spirit" maiden and those parts didn't involve combat but stealth... instead we get the tired old "sorry, but the princess is in another castle" routine, they paint Zelda and Link's missions as of the utmost importance yet you don't get to see or play any part of what Zelda does which is not much anyways (sorry Zelda, but it's true, i think it's funny my 5 y.o. calls the game "Link")

The Dungeons, Puzzles, and Boss Fights are as great as ever, except when they make you fight the same drawn out boss battle three times... reeks of lengthening the play time through a silly trick and I absolutely hated that. The sky thing and flying on a bird is nowhere near as great as wind waker's sailing was, but it doesn't get in the way either, and the skydiving is pretty cool.

Music's great, especially considering they also used some pieces from Wind Waker which has the best music in a Zelda game, IMO. Fits the mood perfectly, well done guys. It's a shame Nintendo still doesn't want to take the risk to add voice to their Zelda games.

For graphics, all i can add is that the framerate is rock solid... the painting style looks very well and hides muddy textures very well, as long as you keep your expectations in reality... the look of the game won't disappoint.

Thanks for Reading.
  50. Nov 20, 2011
    From the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazingFrom the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazing control.

Figuring out that certain enemies drop certain things, which can be used for upgrading items was one of the most exciting parts. Definitely will enjoy adventuring all the lands in search of pieces to upgrade my already amazing arsenal of gear.
    beyond that, the cinematics are at peak, and are the best they've ever been. and last, the Graphics are GORGEOUS. i find myself looking at walls, just to see the amazing painting-like artwork throughout the game. over all, a very fun game. Definitely recommend, 10/10
  51. Nov 20, 2011
    From the minute I picked of the controller, I knew I was playing a masterpiece. Games today stick to the traditional button mashing and the same old shoot em up adventures. Skyward Sword and Zelda always does the opposite. It brings something new to the table. Holding the control and watching in amazement as the 1:1 ratio kicks in on every slice just does it for me. Along with anFrom the minute I picked of the controller, I knew I was playing a masterpiece. Games today stick to the traditional button mashing and the same old shoot em up adventures. Skyward Sword and Zelda always does the opposite. It brings something new to the table. Holding the control and watching in amazement as the 1:1 ratio kicks in on every slice just does it for me. Along with an outstanding storyline and gameplay that no one does better then Zelda, this is a must have game. 10/10 Expand
  52. Nov 21, 2011
    This is truly one of the best games of all time, not just the best Wii game, or the best Nintendo game, the best GAME. The Wii Motion Plus controls may take some getting used to at first (besides the initial calibration the infared sensor is never used) but add an extra layer of depth to the combat that other games can't even hope to match. The enemies exhibit very good AI and I was amazedThis is truly one of the best games of all time, not just the best Wii game, or the best Nintendo game, the best GAME. The Wii Motion Plus controls may take some getting used to at first (besides the initial calibration the infared sensor is never used) but add an extra layer of depth to the combat that other games can't even hope to match. The enemies exhibit very good AI and I was amazed that they managed to predict my movements so many times. Another thing about the controls is you shouldn't worry if you are left handed, I'm a lefty and I haven't experienced any problems. The graphics are more beautiful than 90% of games out there, and that is saying something being on an under powered console like the Wii. Once again Nintendo shows us that console power isn't as important as innovation, and this games has my favorite visual style in the whole series. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  53. Dec 7, 2011
    After finishing this game, I can truly say that this game is one of the best Legend of Zelda games I have ever played. I rank this game on par with my other Zelda favorites, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (although I haven't met a Zelda game I didn't like). The storyline is amazing and the musical score is one of the best I have heard! The controls are fluid and intuitive, and afterAfter finishing this game, I can truly say that this game is one of the best Legend of Zelda games I have ever played. I rank this game on par with my other Zelda favorites, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (although I haven't met a Zelda game I didn't like). The storyline is amazing and the musical score is one of the best I have heard! The controls are fluid and intuitive, and after about a 2 hour learning curve, you forget they are even there. The puzzles are challenging, but not overwhelming to where you get stuck for hours on end. While the graphics are not high definition, they fit the game perfectly and are colorful and interesting to look at. If you want an adventure game, with puzzles and challenges, where you can immerse yourself and forget about your real life troubles, then this is the game for you! Expand
  54. Nov 22, 2011
    This is game the best game on the wii. The controls are really good for the most part and it's everything you want in a Zelda game. The only thing I was a little disappointed in were the graphics. It's expected for a wii game to have bad graphics, but i just expected the colors to be more vibrant and the textures to be better. But other than that the game is perfect. Must own.
  55. Feb 18, 2012
    The waiting is finally over, Skyward Sword can now be played by anyone. The idea of mixing the graphics of Twilight princess and wind waker was awesome, and the result was just incredible. You start your adventure in Skyloft, a floating island in the middle of the sky. You receive a letter from Zelda and BAM, the game starts. Instead of epona you have a big bird called loftwing, which isThe waiting is finally over, Skyward Sword can now be played by anyone. The idea of mixing the graphics of Twilight princess and wind waker was awesome, and the result was just incredible. You start your adventure in Skyloft, a floating island in the middle of the sky. You receive a letter from Zelda and BAM, the game starts. Instead of epona you have a big bird called loftwing, which is pretty damn cool to ride on. Your relationship with zelda is higher, and from the point when she is captured you start to really care about it and get motivated to save her. The motion control works incredibly, and the boss battles are fun and epic. The cut scenes are fantastic, and the characters are memorable in different ways, or because he (or she) is a **** or because he is dumb, but starts helping you, and end up being the nicest guy in the game. The history is cool, not that much but pretty cool. If you're a zelda fan, you should buy this game. No doubts one of the best games nintendo made until now, and a major game in history of gaming. Expand
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    This game nears perfection. The impressionistic-style graphics, the epic orchestrated music, the tear-jerking story, the smooth-as-silk controls, everything in this game is nothing less than ART. Unfortunately, it's got some tiny little flaws that will be used to drag it down by the critics, but they're not really THAT important. This is not a game to be played, but a game to be appreciated.
  57. Nov 21, 2011
    I love this game! The best Zelda game in history! The motion controls couldn't have been more perfect then they are now. The story is engaging and the music is top notch. Buy this ASAP!
  58. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the Wii game people have been dreaming about ever since the console was announced. The use of motion control is intuitive and interesting, and makes this one of the most unique and legitimately groundbreaking (if not, THE most) Game of the Year candidate of 2011. It's another wonderful entry in a legendary franchise with some actual challenge on the table as well.
  59. Nov 21, 2011
    The intention of this review is to counter the obscene number of haters who rated the game 0 but didn't write up a review. Fanboism is despicable. I'm all for freedom of speech, but there's no denying the fact that you are a coward and a disgrace to your family and humanity if you leave a 0 score and don't have the balls to attach your handle and explain yourself.
  60. Nov 25, 2011
    I've played every Zelda game since 1987, so I was pretty pumped for Skyward Sword. The first warning sign was when the game required WiiMotionPlus to function. With the imminent release of the Wii U, and no other major first party games to be released on the Wii, Im left believing that the sole purpose for this is to add a secret $40 to the price tag. It certainty didn't add to any gameI've played every Zelda game since 1987, so I was pretty pumped for Skyward Sword. The first warning sign was when the game required WiiMotionPlus to function. With the imminent release of the Wii U, and no other major first party games to be released on the Wii, Im left believing that the sole purpose for this is to add a secret $40 to the price tag. It certainty didn't add to any game play. Many times during the game, it demanded a vertical swing. Simple enough, right? swing the remote in a verticle slice. WRONG! THAT WASNT FLAT, THERE WAS A SLIGHT ANGLE! TRY AGAIN!....after 30 more attempts, finally Link decides to throw me a bone and hit the target. 30 hours in, I still had to pray my wrist wouldn't snap in half from trying to direct the Possibly Polio-ridden Link to dive, or throw a bomb: both actions that we're perfect 20 years ago by the innovation of an 'A' button. If you can get past the needless, frustrating and sadistic controls, then you'll find creative dungeons, compelling-ish story (Still dont really know the justification for the first half of the game) and some good adventuring. Im just skeptical of any game where the boss can be defeated (not joking here) by flailing my limbs around for 2 minutes Expand
  61. Nov 25, 2011
    To everyone giving this game a 0 out of 10, all I can say is "haters gonna hate". Most likely xbox and ps3 fanboys who are angry at the 95 score critics gave this. That or trolls, always the trolls. Anyway I have been a hard core gamer for years. I grew up on Nintendo and slowly moved over to the way of the PC. I still buy Nintendo systems simply for Super Mario and Zelda titles.To everyone giving this game a 0 out of 10, all I can say is "haters gonna hate". Most likely xbox and ps3 fanboys who are angry at the 95 score critics gave this. That or trolls, always the trolls. Anyway I have been a hard core gamer for years. I grew up on Nintendo and slowly moved over to the way of the PC. I still buy Nintendo systems simply for Super Mario and Zelda titles. That being said, I'm glad I never got rid of my wii. I'm about 7 hours into skyward sword and I have totally fallen in love with it. It feels like you are playing through one of Disney's better animated films. The game starts off a little slow in skyloft but about 2 hours into it, it becomes one hell of ride. I'm having a great deal of fun with the motion controls and the over all level design. The small tweaks like upgradeable weapons and armor, limited inventory, and stamina may alienate a few hardcore zelda fans but, I personally feel this adds a whole new dept and challenge to the zelda formula. Having to watch enemy movement and using precise sword strikes is so much more fun than I thought it would be. I guess my only few small gripes with this game so far is the lack of voice acting, and the fact that I can't really be relaxed while playing it. Your movements have to be broad sometimes so its not something you can just sit back and play. I also think the soundtrack is a bit underwhelming. Especially since its from the team that gave us the fantastic music for Super Mario Galaxy. Last is the visuals. I know its a wii game and I honestly love the watercolor look but, on my 46'' LCD tv it can look a little ugly up close. Good graphics don't make a game though, its the story, game play, and overall immersion that does. Zelda delivers this by the buckets. So to all the haters, go back and play your bland and boring call of dutys and gears of war. To any TRUE unbiased gamer who wants to experience something truly unique and innovating, pick up Skyward Sword and you wont regret it. Expand
  62. Nov 22, 2011
    Let me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion controlLet me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion control at such a high standard.

Most of the low reviews are trolling, "no voice-acting? wtf Nintendo?" obviously the people who said that have never played a Zelda game before, otherwise they'd realise there's never been and never will be voice acting. 'the book is better than the movie'. Also, anyone saying the controls are slow or inaccurate are either doing it wrong or their Wiimote is up the creek. (or they're lying).

The game is extremely lengthy, taking roughly 40 hours if you're quick at solving the puzzles. And then you still have tons of extra content, including "hero mode". The game kept feeling fun and enjoyable throughout these many hours, gameplay was constantly changing and many surprises happened.

Music is beautiful, graphics are beautiful, side characters are the most memorable in the series (I got attached to almost every single character)/ Level design is absolutely genius.

------DETAILS ABOUT HERO MODE (Do not read below if you don't want to know about Hero Mode)-----

Hero Mode is unlocked on completion of the game's main story, Hero Mode gives you the game again, but enemies do double damage. If it wasn't already hard enough, there's now no such thing as hearts to restore your health. Pots, Plants, Monsters, nothing drops hearts, not even in the boss chamber.

The only way to heal is by potions or sleeping. Sleeping cannot be done on the surface, so you'll have to rely on potions as the only way to get your hearts back.

This is truly challenging, even for the most experienced Zelda veterans like myself.

Great Game 10/10
  63. Nov 24, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword brings new life to videogames era, with gorgeous graphics, extremely fun gameplay and the most deeper Zelda story of all time this new adventure can make even the most tradicional gamers have fun. Link, a young man who lives on an island in the sky (called Skyloft), is a student at Knight Academy, where young people are prepared to be Skyloft knights, theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword brings new life to videogames era, with gorgeous graphics, extremely fun gameplay and the most deeper Zelda story of all time this new adventure can make even the most tradicional gamers have fun. Link, a young man who lives on an island in the sky (called Skyloft), is a student at Knight Academy, where young people are prepared to be Skyloft knights, the academy is run by Gaepora, Zelda's father. Since they were children, Link and Zelda are like "best friends". After a festival that occurs in Skyloft to determine who would be the new knight, Link and Zelda are going for a "walk" with his Loftwings (birds that they use to fly near Skyloft), when a black tornado captures Zelda. During the evening of the day, Link meets Fi says that his destiny is to go after Zelda and rid the world of evil. At first look the same repeat of the other games, but as always, Nintendo manages to surprise the player, bringing surprises and twists in the story. The beginning of the game, besides a tutorial introduces the player brilliantly to the story, the way the game tells the story shows Skyward Sword in all its depth to the player, leaving him stranded and wondering how Link will complete your mission. Skyward Sword brings one of the most beautiful visuals ever seen on Nintendo Wii. Its look "cel-shaded" animated brings incredible charisma to the characters, the landscape when seen from afar looks like incredible impressionist paintings. Nintendo knew how to work brilliantly with the Wii hardware, everything is beautiful in Skyward Sword: Skyloft, Volcano Eldin, Faron Woods, among others Lanayru Desert, every second of the game visually amazing eh within the limitations of the Wii. Skyward Sword was made to be played entirely with the Wiimotion Plus, from small things like balancing on a rope to fly with your Loftwing, everything in the game is based on the movement of control but never think of it as something bad, the controls in Skyward Sword work phenomenally well and respond to commands from the player. All items are based on their movements, even the bombs, which you can decide whether to roll on the floor like a bowling ball or throwing her hands. The bow and arrow work just like in Wii Sports Resort, you move the slider like the Nunchuk as a bow and arrow, all items use the movements in any way and even those who do not like motion controls feel "satisfied "with them. The songs are epic in Skyward Sword, help the player to get so incredible in the environment generated by the game, making him feel more and more into the scenario in which this link. The game has roughly 30 hours, after passing through forests, mountains, lakes, deserts and temples there are still many quests to be done, besides the Hero Mode, which is unlocked after finishing the game, the enemies take it twice damage and no hearts in the woods, making the replay much more challenging. Conclusion: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is a milestone in the series, not only the best Zelda, but also the best game of the Wii and one of the best of the current generation. Expand
  64. Nov 21, 2011
    Es sencillamente perfecto, una historia que crece mas y mas, personalidades agradables, hasta zelda es genial en este juego.
    Graficas agradables, casi al limite de lo que puede la wii, pero son bonitas y agradables a la vista.
    El sistema de combate es demasiado perfecto para la franquicia, es intuitivo,divertido y lejos de ser monotono. Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues
    Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues de esto el usar un control tradicional se nos haga extraño.
    Es perfecto , bonito, banda sonora bella, con mucha accion, de los mejores bosses en mucho tiempo.
    No me encantaba tanto con un juego desde Majora Mask
  65. Mar 12, 2012
    I really wanted to like this game, but I'm sorry. I just can't. The controls are pretty close to the 1:1 they promised, but they didn't use it to make interesting swordplay, they just used it to make every fight a repetitive puzzle. The story is severely limited, and exploration is almost nonexistent. This is my least favorite Zelda game ever (CDI games aside) and it mostly comes down toI really wanted to like this game, but I'm sorry. I just can't. The controls are pretty close to the 1:1 they promised, but they didn't use it to make interesting swordplay, they just used it to make every fight a repetitive puzzle. The story is severely limited, and exploration is almost nonexistent. This is my least favorite Zelda game ever (CDI games aside) and it mostly comes down to the feeling that this is "Zelda lite" for a crowd that's forgotten what Zelda was always about. Now get off my lawn kids, grandpa's going to go play the first Zelda again. Expand
  66. Nov 23, 2011
    Well worth the wait, Skyword sword won't disappoint. The progression of difficulty for the puzzles is fantastic as ever. Props to Nintendo. Wii motion + makes everything feel fresh.

It's like an updated, expanded, inbred baby between windwaker and twilight princess. Depending on how it ends.... it could be better than Ocarina of Time, Just saying
  67. Nov 24, 2011
    The game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely ifThe game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely if the game isn't for you, there is no reason to call it a bad game.. Expand
  68. Nov 26, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image
    Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by this game, as even Zelda pros have to learn how to defeat foes they've defeated easily in the past. As for voice acting, it wouldn't be fitting to have voice acting. Imagine, after 25 years and for the anniversary, you finally add voice acting. I personally would hate that because I'd hate to hear a voice for Link or Zelda etc. If you have a Wii, you owe it to yourself to get this game. It's like Ocarina of Time for the modern day world. Long time Zelda fans will even get a few references to past games, something I enjoyed a lot.The only disappointment is that such a fantastic game came at the end of the Wii's life.
  69. Nov 21, 2011
    1 word...........said multiple times.....

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
  70. Nov 22, 2011
    I haven't played the game fully and I might do another review once I'm fully done with the game, but so far the game feels great. The motion control really add to the experience and the challenge. I have one complaint on it, and that is that there is no left hand feature. It makes it difficult for me to do a proper vertical slice from the left, as I need to slice quickly, so my handI haven't played the game fully and I might do another review once I'm fully done with the game, but so far the game feels great. The motion control really add to the experience and the challenge. I have one complaint on it, and that is that there is no left hand feature. It makes it difficult for me to do a proper vertical slice from the left, as I need to slice quickly, so my hand doesn't go far enough to the right to do a slice, and it ends up not slicing at all.

The antagonist looks gay and stupid, but still does a good job at being the villain, although a more masculine character would've been better. The storyline isn't the best so far, either. You're just trying to stop the villain.

The game also feels a bit linear, and there isn't a whole lot to explore. You're restricted to running around in a pretty small area as opposed to Twilight Princess where you had a huge area to explore. There are pretty much no people or shops on the ground, either. The only people you can talk to properly are in the sky, making the ground a boring place where you're pretty much restricted to following the storyline.

Fi (your helper) is the most boring character ever. She doesn't have any characteristics at all. She just so... straight. Midna had a personality which made her a loveable character, while Fi doesn't have any personality at all and functions pretty much like a robot. She's nothing to hate, but nothing to like either.

The ability to run is a well needed one. Good work, big N.

The soundtrack isn't very good so far. There are absolutely no masterpieces. Really disappointing for a franchise that has delivered quality soundtracks for 25 years. Theme flying-theme is my favorite piece so far, even though it doesn't really sound all that adventurous and reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy 2. Maybe that's because it's orchestrated, but it still does.

The flying is fun for the first hour or so. After that it gets repetitive and boring. There is nothing to see except floating islands with maybe a treasure chest on them or something uninteresting. Absolutely boring, and you have to use the Loftwing every time you want to go somewhere. In Twilight Princess you could just warp to different places where you'd been. In Skyward Sword you have to save at a bird statue to get that warp point, and you still have to fly your bird to it.

On the topic of bird statues - what a load of **** If there's one thing I hate in a video game it's not being able to save whenever you want to. I was in the middle of one of the spiritual training-things when I had to leave. It was either turn the Wii off, lose progress, or let it be on for the rest of the night. Power-consuming and irritating. Why Nintendo, WHY!?! Fair enough, you have to use them to get yourself back above the clouds, but why not just call Fi and let her do it?

The shield system is ass. The iron shield breaks after a couple of hits, and you don't get the Hylian shield until way later in the game. Why not save us the trouble of having to go back to Skyloft whenever the shield gets destroyed? The shield is so necessary during certain boss fights that you have to leave the dungeon and come back.

On the topic of bosses - some are fun and challenging, others just annoying. Due to the graphical style in the game, you can't make the bosses nearly as fierce as they were in Twilight Princess. Instead you have to deal with some bosses that just look stupid, and not scary. Even Ocarina of Time, with all it's polygons had scarier bosses. And that's saying something.

The graphical style was a major disappointment when I first saw the game at E3. I felt that it would limit the game, and it does. The game does look good, but it doesn't make the experience as good as it could've been with a darker style. Everything would look more "badass". Bokoblins looks like something a two year old has drawn. Same for the fifth temple boss. As a 17-year old I do of course enjoy more realistic enemies. Nintendo wants to reach out to a wider audience, of course, but for long time Zelda-fans it's disappointing.

All in all it's a good game and a nice addition to the franchise, however it has its flaws. Really not a whole lot innovative other than the new controls. The story isn't spectacular so far and it's not a whole lot new. It could've had a lot more done to it and a bit more polish, but it's a good game which will provide you with a lot of fun for a good amount of time. It was a tough decision to decide between 8 and 9, but it gets a 9. The annoyances and soundtrack pulls it down from a perfect 10.
  71. Nov 22, 2011
    People who complain this Zelda isn't Zelda should have played more Zelda games besides Ocarina of time or Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword goes back to it's A Link to the past, Link's awakening roots with more influence of Windwaker, The minish cap, The Oracles series. Looking at the limitation of the Wii graphics, this game really nails it with it's amazing artstyle. The bright colorsPeople who complain this Zelda isn't Zelda should have played more Zelda games besides Ocarina of time or Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword goes back to it's A Link to the past, Link's awakening roots with more influence of Windwaker, The minish cap, The Oracles series. Looking at the limitation of the Wii graphics, this game really nails it with it's amazing artstyle. The bright colors work well for a Zelda game, something I missed from the previous console title Twilight Princess. Overal this game is the best Zelda to date. For me it's a title that has finally beaten Ocarina of time from it's trone. Expand
  72. Nov 22, 2011
    this game IS perfect, i am over 20 hours in and STILL not done, the game plays, controls, and looks amazing. the music is simply beautiful, its impossible to say any negatives. all i can say is, if u give this anything less then a 8 or 9, ur either a troll or u have no taste
  73. Nov 22, 2011
    Beautiful, exciting and, above all, fun! Fighting is great, story is great and the music is magical! Giving this game a 0 or 5 is so childish, get a life, there is so much work involved in this kind of game. Don't give a bad score if you didn't even play this masterpiece.
  74. Nov 23, 2011
    Great 1:1 motion controls, a fantastic story, great gameplay and puzzles, the overall difficulty, and the Boss battles are fantastic. I would reccomend to anyone, this is worth buying a wii for.
  75. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is, feels and plays fantastic, the visuals are great for wii, the controls are rarely out of sinc, the bosses are challenging, there is a whole bunch of RPG stuff added like item upgrades, advanced potions and limited backpack size,... There is nothing not to like about this game.
  76. Nov 23, 2011
    After reading a couple of negative reviews just for the chuckles I have to wonder if they have even played this game at all. Perhaps they are just FPS junkies and graphics whores perturbed that this game took them away from their precious Call of Duty for a while. To give Skyward Sword anything lower than a 7-8 would indicate either a severe bias or lack of understanding as to what makes aAfter reading a couple of negative reviews just for the chuckles I have to wonder if they have even played this game at all. Perhaps they are just FPS junkies and graphics whores perturbed that this game took them away from their precious Call of Duty for a while. To give Skyward Sword anything lower than a 7-8 would indicate either a severe bias or lack of understanding as to what makes a good game.

Skyward Sword is a great game with a compelling story that sucks you right in. The worlds are fun to explore, the controls are some of the best i have ever seen on the Wii and it's all around just a fun game. No, the graphics are not going to blow you away, but they are by no means the worst on the Wii. They are by no means a deal breaker in a game this fun. There are worse games with better graphics, why not waste your time playing those and stop whining about Skyward Sword? Anybody who wants play a fantastic game and give the Wii a proper sendoff owes it to themselves to pick this one up.
  77. Nov 24, 2011
    A masterpiece from beginning to end. Possibly the best zelda game to date and definitely the best game on the wii. Even coming into this game with the mindset that it won't be as good as my favourite zelda ( Twilight Princess, deal with it ) it still shined through as my favourite in the series. The motion control is absolutely fantastic and i never want to go back
  78. Nov 24, 2011
    I remember playing Ocarina of Time when I was younger and being in awe, knowing without a doubt that it wouldn't be the only time I played the game, and I was right. I still loved every moment playing the 3ds version when it came out. Since then there hasn't been another Zelda game that had that kind of impact on me, even the ones I've played multiple times were not that same feeling.I remember playing Ocarina of Time when I was younger and being in awe, knowing without a doubt that it wouldn't be the only time I played the game, and I was right. I still loved every moment playing the 3ds version when it came out. Since then there hasn't been another Zelda game that had that kind of impact on me, even the ones I've played multiple times were not that same feeling. Skyward Sword changes that.

This game is a masterpiece. The story is easily the strongest in the series by a long shot. Sure there's no voice acting, but emotion is portrayed more than well enough, the cutscenes are beautifully done, the characters are memorable, and to top it all off, it does a phenomenal job as the first game in the Zelda timeline at explaining the things we've seen in previous titles.

The graphics are not hyper-realistic like seems to be expected these days. Instead, they're a very expressive mix of the realistic and cartoony Zelda styles that have been used throughout the series, and it works beautifully. It copes with the Wii's lack of power by having more distant scenery turn impressionistic, that comes together as you get closer which is actually a pleasing way to handle things. The style itself is beautiful and works great for the game.

Music, well, it's a Zelda game and it's all orchestral, what more do you have to say? Wonderful start to finish.

The gameplay holds up strongly throughout. There were times when controls would hiccup, whether it was accidentally doing a spin attack because I tweaked the nunchuck a bit, or the aim being off using an item and having to hit down on the Dpad to recenter it. However these problems were minor inconveniences, and the second+more common one once rectified also reestablished your viewpoint to centered so if you reacted quick enough it was barely noticeable.

Outside of the hiccups, the motion controls shine as what Wii promised years ago. Sword play is dynamic and fun, and mistakes will often cost you, especially once you start finding enemies equipped with electric weapons(which in true Zelda fashion will take away a heart every time you're blocked). The items all feel natural, and there are some nice additions like the bow charging a shot by holding A, or charging quicker by holding C and pulling back the nunchuck. The addition of being able to roll bombs adds a whole new level of depth, as does being able to carry them remotely.

The items are all well done. Not to mention, they're used from the time you get them until the time you get to the end. If I recall correctly, you get the beetle in the first temple(Skyview) and it was necessary in multiple ways in the final temple of the game. The only thing I didn't like about the items was shield durability, as it's very late in the game when you are finally able to attain a shield that won't break if you block instead of parry with it. However there's a self-repairing shield that holds it's own if you know how to use it until late game, so it's mostly just getting to the point where you can get that.

The dungeon design is some of the best Zelda has ever seen. There are a couple "put this box on this switch" puzzles, but they're very limited in number. I think there was maybe one "light the torches" and it was done in a new way that prevented it from feeling like a stale puzzle. Outside of that there are a lot of new mechanics and new puzzles which are quite interesting, especially when you run into one of the most interesting new elements, the timeshift stones.

Boss fights are some of the best in the series. There are several that I remember puzzling through how to beat them, and the final boss was easily one of the best finales Zelda has ever seen, challenging your mastery of the mechanics and your ability to think on your feet all at once(which most of the new bosses do, but what can I say, I really like the last fight).

Revisiting areas as much as you do is helped along by having new things happen to help keep things feeling fresh. The last trip you make to the Eldin province is unique to the rest of the game and is quite an entertaining journey. There are also a few areas in each province, which you open up and explore as you more items, so even though you've been to the area you may still be going somewhere new.

The silent realms are an interesting diversion, challenging your patience and thought. It's pretty much a fetch quest, but it does give you a break from combat to do something the Zelda series almost never sees: Avoid combat at all costs, and innovate your way to the collection items so as to not get spotted and have to start all over, while on a time limit before the enemies wake up and start chasing.

I'm running out of characters so I'll end there. This game is a masterpiece, and I think may actually beat OOT(tough call there). From start to finish it is easily the best game released for Wii and, in my opinion, easily Game of the Year.
  79. Nov 24, 2011
    From the minute the game starts, to the moment the game ends - Skyward Sword is an adventure of epic proportions that truly delivers on Miyamoto's vision of exploration; one that leaves a lasting impression on any gamer who dares commit to it's lengthy playtime.

Almost everything in this game is polished to perfection, the visuals are often stunning despite their lack of resolution, with a style that seamless combines those of past Zelda games to create something that is truly befitting to the series. Don't let the lack of lighting and bump-mapping fool you, this game looks glorious - it's textures are lovely in their paint-like quality, and some of the character models are brilliant in their simplicity, even by today's standards. The controls, although extremely tight, have their occasional frustrating moments - often needing to be re-centered when aiming with a weapon. Though this slight frustration is a moot point. Motion controls are a revelation, and I simply do not want to go back.

Nintendo has fully unleashed it's creativity with the cut-scenes in this game, offering a truly cinematic quality with nary a word spoken; the camera work in these cut scenes are fantastic, and every cut scene (despite some being a little too lengthy,) manages to shape and mold each of Skyward Swords complex characters even further. Skyward Sword is the gaming achievement since the introduction of 3D worlds. The game-changing controls, along with the charming visuals and polished-to-perfection production values, hold this game so high, it's only fitting destination is Skyward.
  80. Jan 19, 2012
    There is almost zero exploration in this game. Having a big open world with multiple towns, tons of sidequests, and tons of things to find and do has been a zelda tradition since the begining. Skyward Sword throws all that out in favor of a singular town, which acts as a hubworld to take you to the dungeon areas. Before you can enter each dungeon though you have to perform a dowsing fetchThere is almost zero exploration in this game. Having a big open world with multiple towns, tons of sidequests, and tons of things to find and do has been a zelda tradition since the begining. Skyward Sword throws all that out in favor of a singular town, which acts as a hubworld to take you to the dungeon areas. Before you can enter each dungeon though you have to perform a dowsing fetch quest which is boring and only serves to prolong the game. If you want to know what it's like playing Skyward Sword then just imagine what Ocarina of Time would be like if you took away everything but the dungeons, and added in some annoying fetch quests to prolong the game. Expand
  81. Nov 23, 2011
    Best Story of any Zelda Ever. Best controls of any Zelda Ever. Best looking Zelda Ever. Suffice to say, Best Zelda Ever! A Modern Masterpiece! The second best game ever made (right behind Mario Galaxy 2). If you have a Wii - BUY THIS GAME! If you don't have a Wii then, first buy a Wii then... BUY THIS GAME! You have not lived until you play this!
  82. Dec 29, 2011
    Game is utter disapointment. Controls are awful, graphics are mushy, soundtrack is disapointing and there are hardly any new innovations or features when compared to previous titles. The Legend of Zelda serie is really starting to show its age and nintendo really have to start putting more efforts to these games in future.
  83. Nov 21, 2011
    Best Zelda game so far. Beautiful graphics, great orchestral music and perfect controls. After Skyward Sword you never ever want to play a action-adventure with a game-pad again.

The only disappointment is the missing voice acting.
  84. Nov 26, 2011
    zelda is the best franchise ever existed alongside mario and metroid...... Nintendo are gods, sony and msoft try to compensate this with money and technology but they cant ...............this game is the living proof that nintendo are the best at gamecrafting and overall videogame desing and innovations......... haters go fawk your mother
  85. Nov 23, 2011
    I have not enjoyed a game this much in a very very long time (not since the first Portal in fact). Is it the best Zelda game ever? Well I think it is equal with Ocarina of Time, and that is one of my favourite games of all time, so make of that as you will.
    The controls for the sword are absolutely perfect, and it is so pleasing just to use the sword that I find myself slashing everything in sight...grass, flowers, signs, just to further enjoy the 1:1 motion controls. Its not a perfect game, but nothing is. The motion controils for flying and swimming are a bit superfluous. But when a game is this good, the few minor complaints dont really mean anything. Some people are complaining about the game being pumped full of padding. But most of the padding is optional (the pumpkin collecting etc)...there if you want it, but not necessary to complete the game. The art style is beautiful, and shows what a decent art department can do with limited hardware. I have been a bit disapointed with recent Zeldas (post Majoras mask), but this is classic. If you like Zelda, or escpaism, or puzzles, or epic battles that involve strategy, then you really have to try this game. The first true classic in many years. If you have never really been into Zelda then this is probably not for you.
  86. Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty good, at first the controls were hard to control, but it turns out there's ACTUALLY SKILL INVOLVED IN SWINGING THE SWORD. The fact that waggling to kill no longer applying made my **** day. I recommend this game highly.
  87. Nov 22, 2011
    Its the best zelda game of the series, and probably the best wii game. Good graphics, good gameplay, intense history about the origin of the master sword and use all the wii features you can desire to play.If you have wii or dont, buy it and play one of the best games of the generation.
  88. Nov 23, 2011
    one word. awesome. everything that it gets picked on for seems to be absolute rubbish to me, controls are precise, accurate and well polished, artwork is beautiful (graphics snobs can **** right off now) and the gameplay, storyline and soundtrack are beyond what I expected. plus I got it one day early down here in Australia, nearly lost my mind, and haven't been let down since.
  89. Nov 23, 2011
    I gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the oldI gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the old zelda games that had so many trap doors and secrets at every corner, had a room that traps you by you ending up in the same room endlessly if you pick the wrong sequence of doors to open. The boss battles are enjoyable due to the wii nunchuck though getting the right camera angle while moving around is still a pain. The story for this game is very kiddish where you wonder how Zelda could move ahead of you so fast going into dungeons, lava filled volcano areas, underwater areas and monster filled areas and coming out unharmed while you have to look tirelessly for dungeon keys and getting the right equipment to progress the game. Maybe Link is the one that needs protecting. I won't knock the game because its story is geared towards kids so I'm giving it a 9 for control innovation, mini-games innovation, dungeon puzzles were a little challenging, mini-games a little challenging. Just wish they made this game more challenging by bigger boss battles, more challenging hidden stuff and areas, less hints, less childish and include the old NES Zelda dungeon music in dungeons. Expand
  90. Nov 21, 2011
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Graphics: is a kind of impressionist style, it's art in motion! you can pause the game and conteplate something amazing. Gameplay: The most innovative Zelda of all, a lot of FUN! you will be the hand of link using the master sword, run and jump as never and of course a lot of rpg options are added. Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda games were you can undertand many thing of the Zelda universe.

Conclusion: a epic game, a legend that gives you 50/100 hrs of FUN!
  91. Nov 26, 2011
    Passed the game two days after it came out, and I've been pondering since to whether or not it is better than Oot. I tend to feel it to be blasphemous to question those classic Zelda titles like LTTP, Oot, MM, and the original Zelda, but Skyward Sword did something to trigger that. I think if they made the game just a touch shorter, rather than having some of the unnecessary backtrackingPassed the game two days after it came out, and I've been pondering since to whether or not it is better than Oot. I tend to feel it to be blasphemous to question those classic Zelda titles like LTTP, Oot, MM, and the original Zelda, but Skyward Sword did something to trigger that. I think if they made the game just a touch shorter, rather than having some of the unnecessary backtracking particularly in the sequences revolving around the collecting of songs from Eldin Volcano and Faron Woods I would have had no trouble in placing this game above Oot, and even going as far as saying it maybe the greatest 3D game ever made. After Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword has probably been the most unpredictable Zelda, and for that I appreciate it greatly. Often times you find yourself suspiciously peering at the inventory screen looking for the occasional object significant to the quest, in Skyward however this did little to help you figure out exactly how much more is left making every next move or turn all the more unpredictable. Another good sign is that this has perhaps been the first time that I have been so pleased that I've gone on to replay the game again simply for the greater challenge.

It is also true that Fi does in fact wreck some of the greater puzzles the game has to offer, however one of these puzzles which Fi wrecked during the 5th dungeon made me ask myself "Did Fi just save me an hour of running back and forth frustrated?" Because certainly that is what was going to happen. Regardless the design of the puzzles and dungeons are brilliant, and they make you want to return to the past Zelda games you may have never completed [like for me the DS games] or replaying Links Awakening or doing the second quest in the Original Zelda. Then when you get to doing that you realize well it was more than just the dungeons, it was also the combat.

Ultimately the good in Skyward is simply so brilliant that the awkwardness of the few moments of backtracking only works beneficially, postponing at that point what would ultimately be the greatest climax in Zelda history. In the end IGN will call it game of the year, many will call it game of the decade, and maybe I will call it the best Zelda ever made.
  92. Nov 21, 2011
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    1. You've definitely NOT played the entire game, yet alone even scratched the surface of it.
    2. Don't insult the Art Style, because you know very well that If they wanted, they could've gone with more realistic TP graphics again. It's a choice, and a good one, in my opinion. 3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't expect the game to hand everything to you. It takes a bit of practice. If I twist my wrist, Link twists his wrist. How much more accurate can it get?

So far the game is a must-own for every Wii player, has great cutscenes, great gameplay and is essentially a great evolution for the franchise. Not a single torch puzzle.
    I'd say this game is AT LEAST as good as Ocarina of Time, if not better. I'll see once i'm done.
  93. Nov 25, 2011
    best game i ever played in my life
    LoZ skyward sword is perfect
    allows exact movements with wii remote
    amazing graphics
    and just a great and enjoyable story line
    i am impressed on how the creators progressed zelda and i cant wait to see what the future holds
  94. Nov 21, 2011
    A perfect game through and through - I give a 10/10 perfect score to this game! Zelda actually has a personality this time. It is a true Legend. Highly recommended.
  95. Nov 21, 2011
    Fantastic game, got it on Friday and played for about 20 hours, does everything right and skimming over the negative comments convinces me people are rating 0s despite not even playing the game. For example calibrating the motion plus isn't even an issue, it takes about 6 seconds and I've only ever needed to do it after turning the controller off, I've played for long periods of timeFantastic game, got it on Friday and played for about 20 hours, does everything right and skimming over the negative comments convinces me people are rating 0s despite not even playing the game. For example calibrating the motion plus isn't even an issue, it takes about 6 seconds and I've only ever needed to do it after turning the controller off, I've played for long periods of time without needing to calibrate once. The combat is amazing, the controls are actually extremely responsive and this game has actually made a big leap in combat, sure beats waggling and button mashing. Oh and I love the colours, very pretty. I'm extra excited for what they'll do with Zelda on Wii U now because this is certainly my all time favourite game thus far. Also just as a heads up it doesn't use the sensor bar, you can totally aim the pointer while you're in a different room. Lesson of the day: read the instruction book. Expand
  96. Nov 20, 2011
    Another vacations with my favorite game. Thanks Nintendo for the innovation. I love Zelda Skyward Sword so much. The music is great, the storyline is so perfect, the controls is maybe the best part. It's a hard game and i aprecciate this masterpiece since the first minute until the last one. Miyamoto, Eiji and kondo: Thanks again, this will be a fantastic christmas. Now im going for SuperAnother vacations with my favorite game. Thanks Nintendo for the innovation. I love Zelda Skyward Sword so much. The music is great, the storyline is so perfect, the controls is maybe the best part. It's a hard game and i aprecciate this masterpiece since the first minute until the last one. Miyamoto, Eiji and kondo: Thanks again, this will be a fantastic christmas. Now im going for Super Mario Land 3D Expand
  97. Nov 23, 2011
    Only one word: masterpiece, shut up trolls this game is amazing with amazing graphics,amazing gameplay(only if you're a true gamer) and epic story.I give this 10/10 and is better that ocarina.
  98. Nov 21, 2011
    This is by far, hands down, the best Zelda game ever created. It steals the Ocarina of Time's spotlight easily and this is indeed a masterpiece. See Nintendo? Put effort into your games and you get a game that could be a timeless classic.
  99. Nov 21, 2011
    So far I have played the game and I've gotten a taste of swordplay, flying, and overall starting to get used to flying mechanics. I love the game and I think it is an amazing challenge; it brings me back to when I first played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and how I found both of them to be rather difficult to me at the time, being they were my first Zelda games.

Skyward Sword is

Skyward Sword is getting bad scores due to people thinking too highly of it and comparing it to other games like Assassin's Creed. If they would compare it to the REST of the Zelda series instead, the game would be getting a better score.

Trust me, don't judge a game because of other users reviews. Well... yes take it into account... but don't let it ruin it. I say try the game out, maybe as a rental, then buy it if you want. It's a good game.
  100. Nov 21, 2011
    Definitely a new take on the Zelda franchise while remaining true to what the series is known for. At first, the controls seem awkward as you raise your wii remote upwards before dealing a devastating strike but after an hour, I can't imagine playing Skyward Sword in any other way. A surprisingly involving story and excellent mechanics make this game the reason why you should pick up aDefinitely a new take on the Zelda franchise while remaining true to what the series is known for. At first, the controls seem awkward as you raise your wii remote upwards before dealing a devastating strike but after an hour, I can't imagine playing Skyward Sword in any other way. A surprisingly involving story and excellent mechanics make this game the reason why you should pick up a motion plus. After only a couple hours of game play, you can't wait to play more. The characters are more welcoming than ever, each with their own personality, especially the game's villain. There was more areas to discover and reasons why you should return to previous areas. The flight seems strange at first but to have controls not limited by the joystick seems like a very free feeling. The only thing that slows the game down somewhat is the lack of response the controller has but that is a trifle, barely noticeable when you can control exactly the direction your sword strikes. This is how a true motion control game should play. Each aspect of the technology is used effectively. The ability to change the UI is an excellent addition. Despite the game not having the graphics that Skyrim or Modern Warfare 3 have, it keeps true to the Zelda theme. The game is bright and a welcoming change to the greys and browns normally seen in mainstream gaming. This game signals a new start for the Zelda franchise and possibly the only reason to buy a Wii if you haven't already. Expand
  101. Nov 20, 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.