8.1

1. Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know what's up with people's controllers, because the motionm plus works fine. If it starts glitching, it's a one button fix. Also, the graphics are fine, like a painting. There is no lag, and almost no load times. And the one to one motion control is used great, especially past the first Ghirahim fight. This game does everything right, and the five years of development gave us aI don't know what's up with people's controllers, because the motionm plus works fine. If it starts glitching, it's a one button fix. Also, the graphics are fine, like a painting. There is no lag, and almost no load times. And the one to one motion control is used great, especially past the first Ghirahim fight. This game does everything right, and the five years of development gave us a masterpiece. Haters stop hating, laggers get a better Wii because yours is broken, but don't take anything away from the game because of your **** hardware. Expand
  2. Nov 20, 2011
    What's new: Enhanced controls.
    New graphics.
    Improved combat system. Different means of over-world travel. Challenging AI Story-driven campaign Upgrading/crafting system. What is preserved from earlier installments: Enemy types Dungeon exploration and puzzles. Auto-jump Item types Protagonists Other common themes from previous titles. Significant Pros: Story, Combat, Music. Criticisms:
    What's new: Enhanced controls.
    New graphics.
    Improved combat system.
    Different means of over-world travel. Challenging AI
    Story-driven campaign
    Upgrading/crafting system.

What is preserved from earlier installments:
    Enemy types
    Dungeon exploration and puzzles.
    Auto-jump
    Item types
    Protagonists
    Other common themes from previous titles.

Significant Pros: Story, Combat, Music.
    Criticisms: Controls at times, too precise. Over-world movement. Overall: 9. An improved installment in a classic series.
  3. Nov 21, 2011
    great game because like what some of the reviewers are saying it feels like one big dungeon getting to the dungeon. controls are great but occasionally when drawing my sword it wasn't where i was pointing it. it seemed like it was doing opposite of my movements. instead of recalibrating i would go to item menu and recenter and everything would be great. one other small complaint is alwaysgreat game because like what some of the reviewers are saying it feels like one big dungeon getting to the dungeon. controls are great but occasionally when drawing my sword it wasn't where i was pointing it. it seemed like it was doing opposite of my movements. instead of recalibrating i would go to item menu and recenter and everything would be great. one other small complaint is always hitting B to equipped the item that alrealy set on B. once it's set it should be set. also B should use the item instead of hitting B then A to shoot. but still a great game my fav is majora's mask then a tie between this and twilight princess. Expand
  4. Nov 26, 2011
    First of all, this is a great game.

It still has room for improvement and one can only notice that it was probably going to be bigger but was cut short... On the plus side, the stuff that made into the game was mostly well done and very polished in typical Nintendo fashion. I had mixed results with the motion controls: they take some time to get used to but once you do, they worked well
    First of all, this is a great game.

I had mixed results with the motion controls: they take some time to get used to but once you do, they worked well to some extent and there are parts where it's truly satisfying to slash, stab, parry, spin and finalize most enemies... other times i was frustrated by how sensitive the controls are as i very often saw changing the position of the sword read as a slash or a slash turning into two slashes when returning the remote to the center, or having a stab turn to a spin attack due to the slightest hint of the nunchuck moving when doing the stab gesture, especially since the combat is very particular in how it let's you deal damage to enemies, the misread gestures make for some infuriating moments in the heat of tense fights that demand precision, sadly subtracting enjoyment in some of them.

The story was fine yet some of the changes I disliked, especially for Zelda, who i think should have played a more active role in this quest as hinted in the beginning and sometimes her actions don't make sense. It'd have been great to see some part where she joins the fight, I mean, she's a student of the knight academy, yet she's the most fragile and delicate I've seen her except for Zelda II where she sleeps the entire game, or maybe have her do the spiritual parts since she's a "Spirit" maiden and those parts didn't involve combat but stealth... instead we get the tired old "sorry, but the princess is in another castle" routine, they paint Zelda and Link's missions as of the utmost importance yet you don't get to see or play any part of what Zelda does which is not much anyways (sorry Zelda, but it's true, i think it's funny my 5 y.o. calls the game "Link")

The Dungeons, Puzzles, and Boss Fights are as great as ever, except when they make you fight the same drawn out boss battle three times... reeks of lengthening the play time through a silly trick and I absolutely hated that. The sky thing and flying on a bird is nowhere near as great as wind waker's sailing was, but it doesn't get in the way either, and the skydiving is pretty cool.

Music's great, especially considering they also used some pieces from Wind Waker which has the best music in a Zelda game, IMO. Fits the mood perfectly, well done guys. It's a shame Nintendo still doesn't want to take the risk to add voice to their Zelda games.

For graphics, all i can add is that the framerate is rock solid... the painting style looks very well and hides muddy textures very well, as long as you keep your expectations in reality... the look of the game won't disappoint.

Thanks for Reading.
  5. Nov 24, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of the greatest games i have ever played. The near perfect pacing of when you are just starting to get bored of something you change directions and start doing something else. the controls are near perfection. i am sorry gamespot but i dont know what you were playing but i have had nothing but pure enjoyment from the controls. i have played everyThe Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of the greatest games i have ever played. The near perfect pacing of when you are just starting to get bored of something you change directions and start doing something else. the controls are near perfection. i am sorry gamespot but i dont know what you were playing but i have had nothing but pure enjoyment from the controls. i have played every zelda from a link to the past up and this i will with no problem say tops ocarina of time in my book as best in the franchise. This is the perfect gift from nintendo for zeldas 25th aniversery if you have a wii get this game and if you you dont im sorry because you are missing out on a great game Expand
  6. Nov 20, 2011
    Buy this game, dont trust negative reviews...you will enjoy it for sure!
    Game Spot fell on my concept! GAME OF THE YEAR! Xbox and playstation should make games like this, no graphics based and extremely fun!
  7. Nov 21, 2011
    I love this game! The best Zelda game in history! The motion controls couldn't have been more perfect then they are now. The story is engaging and the music is top notch. Buy this ASAP!
  8. Nov 21, 2011
    The intention of this review is to counter the obscene number of haters who rated the game 0 but didn't write up a review. Fanboism is despicable. I'm all for freedom of speech, but there's no denying the fact that you are a coward and a disgrace to your family and humanity if you leave a 0 score and don't have the balls to attach your handle and explain yourself.
  9. Nov 25, 2011
    To everyone giving this game a 0 out of 10, all I can say is "haters gonna hate". Most likely xbox and ps3 fanboys who are angry at the 95 score critics gave this. That or trolls, always the trolls. Anyway I have been a hard core gamer for years. I grew up on Nintendo and slowly moved over to the way of the PC. I still buy Nintendo systems simply for Super Mario and Zelda titles.To everyone giving this game a 0 out of 10, all I can say is "haters gonna hate". Most likely xbox and ps3 fanboys who are angry at the 95 score critics gave this. That or trolls, always the trolls. Anyway I have been a hard core gamer for years. I grew up on Nintendo and slowly moved over to the way of the PC. I still buy Nintendo systems simply for Super Mario and Zelda titles. That being said, I'm glad I never got rid of my wii. I'm about 7 hours into skyward sword and I have totally fallen in love with it. It feels like you are playing through one of Disney's better animated films. The game starts off a little slow in skyloft but about 2 hours into it, it becomes one hell of ride. I'm having a great deal of fun with the motion controls and the over all level design. The small tweaks like upgradeable weapons and armor, limited inventory, and stamina may alienate a few hardcore zelda fans but, I personally feel this adds a whole new dept and challenge to the zelda formula. Having to watch enemy movement and using precise sword strikes is so much more fun than I thought it would be. I guess my only few small gripes with this game so far is the lack of voice acting, and the fact that I can't really be relaxed while playing it. Your movements have to be broad sometimes so its not something you can just sit back and play. I also think the soundtrack is a bit underwhelming. Especially since its from the team that gave us the fantastic music for Super Mario Galaxy. Last is the visuals. I know its a wii game and I honestly love the watercolor look but, on my 46'' LCD tv it can look a little ugly up close. Good graphics don't make a game though, its the story, game play, and overall immersion that does. Zelda delivers this by the buckets. So to all the haters, go back and play your bland and boring call of dutys and gears of war. To any TRUE unbiased gamer who wants to experience something truly unique and innovating, pick up Skyward Sword and you wont regret it. Expand
  10. Nov 22, 2011
    Let me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion controlLet me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion control at such a high standard.

Most of the low reviews are trolling, "no voice-acting? wtf Nintendo?" obviously the people who said that have never played a Zelda game before, otherwise they'd realise there's never been and never will be voice acting. 'the book is better than the movie'. Also, anyone saying the controls are slow or inaccurate are either doing it wrong or their Wiimote is up the creek. (or they're lying).

The game is extremely lengthy, taking roughly 40 hours if you're quick at solving the puzzles. And then you still have tons of extra content, including "hero mode". The game kept feeling fun and enjoyable throughout these many hours, gameplay was constantly changing and many surprises happened.

Music is beautiful, graphics are beautiful, side characters are the most memorable in the series (I got attached to almost every single character)/ Level design is absolutely genius.

------DETAILS ABOUT HERO MODE (Do not read below if you don't want to know about Hero Mode)-----

Hero Mode is unlocked on completion of the game's main story, Hero Mode gives you the game again, but enemies do double damage. If it wasn't already hard enough, there's now no such thing as hearts to restore your health. Pots, Plants, Monsters, nothing drops hearts, not even in the boss chamber.

The only way to heal is by potions or sleeping. Sleeping cannot be done on the surface, so you'll have to rely on potions as the only way to get your hearts back.

This is truly challenging, even for the most experienced Zelda veterans like myself.

Great Game 10/10
  11. Nov 23, 2011
    I have not enjoyed a game this much in a very very long time (not since the first Portal in fact). Is it the best Zelda game ever? Well I think it is equal with Ocarina of Time, and that is one of my favourite games of all time, so make of that as you will.
    The controls for the sword are absolutely perfect, and it is so pleasing just to use the sword that I find myself slashing everything in sight...grass, flowers, signs, just to further enjoy the 1:1 motion controls. Its not a perfect game, but nothing is. The motion controils for flying and swimming are a bit superfluous. But when a game is this good, the few minor complaints dont really mean anything. Some people are complaining about the game being pumped full of padding. But most of the padding is optional (the pumpkin collecting etc)...there if you want it, but not necessary to complete the game. The art style is beautiful, and shows what a decent art department can do with limited hardware. I have been a bit disapointed with recent Zeldas (post Majoras mask), but this is classic. If you like Zelda, or escpaism, or puzzles, or epic battles that involve strategy, then you really have to try this game. The first true classic in many years. If you have never really been into Zelda then this is probably not for you.
  12. Nov 24, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword brings new life to videogames era, with gorgeous graphics, extremely fun gameplay and the most deeper Zelda story of all time this new adventure can make even the most tradicional gamers have fun. Link, a young man who lives on an island in the sky (called Skyloft), is a student at Knight Academy, where young people are prepared to be Skyloft knights, theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword brings new life to videogames era, with gorgeous graphics, extremely fun gameplay and the most deeper Zelda story of all time this new adventure can make even the most tradicional gamers have fun. Link, a young man who lives on an island in the sky (called Skyloft), is a student at Knight Academy, where young people are prepared to be Skyloft knights, the academy is run by Gaepora, Zelda's father. Since they were children, Link and Zelda are like "best friends". After a festival that occurs in Skyloft to determine who would be the new knight, Link and Zelda are going for a "walk" with his Loftwings (birds that they use to fly near Skyloft), when a black tornado captures Zelda. During the evening of the day, Link meets Fi says that his destiny is to go after Zelda and rid the world of evil. At first look the same repeat of the other games, but as always, Nintendo manages to surprise the player, bringing surprises and twists in the story. The beginning of the game, besides a tutorial introduces the player brilliantly to the story, the way the game tells the story shows Skyward Sword in all its depth to the player, leaving him stranded and wondering how Link will complete your mission. Skyward Sword brings one of the most beautiful visuals ever seen on Nintendo Wii. Its look "cel-shaded" animated brings incredible charisma to the characters, the landscape when seen from afar looks like incredible impressionist paintings. Nintendo knew how to work brilliantly with the Wii hardware, everything is beautiful in Skyward Sword: Skyloft, Volcano Eldin, Faron Woods, among others Lanayru Desert, every second of the game visually amazing eh within the limitations of the Wii. Skyward Sword was made to be played entirely with the Wiimotion Plus, from small things like balancing on a rope to fly with your Loftwing, everything in the game is based on the movement of control but never think of it as something bad, the controls in Skyward Sword work phenomenally well and respond to commands from the player. All items are based on their movements, even the bombs, which you can decide whether to roll on the floor like a bowling ball or throwing her hands. The bow and arrow work just like in Wii Sports Resort, you move the slider like the Nunchuk as a bow and arrow, all items use the movements in any way and even those who do not like motion controls feel "satisfied "with them. The songs are epic in Skyward Sword, help the player to get so incredible in the environment generated by the game, making him feel more and more into the scenario in which this link. The game has roughly 30 hours, after passing through forests, mountains, lakes, deserts and temples there are still many quests to be done, besides the Hero Mode, which is unlocked after finishing the game, the enemies take it twice damage and no hearts in the woods, making the replay much more challenging. Conclusion: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is a milestone in the series, not only the best Zelda, but also the best game of the Wii and one of the best of the current generation. Expand
  13. Nov 23, 2011
    Well worth the wait, Skyword sword won't disappoint. The progression of difficulty for the puzzles is fantastic as ever. Props to Nintendo. Wii motion + makes everything feel fresh.

It's like an updated, expanded, inbred baby between windwaker and twilight princess. Depending on how it ends.... it could be better than Ocarina of Time, Just saying
  14. Nov 24, 2011
    The game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely ifThe game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely if the game isn't for you, there is no reason to call it a bad game.. Expand
  15. Nov 23, 2011
    Only one word: masterpiece, shut up trolls this game is amazing with amazing graphics,amazing gameplay(only if you're a true gamer) and epic story.I give this 10/10 and is better that ocarina.
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    1 word...........said multiple times.....

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
  17. Nov 22, 2011
    Un bon 10/10 pour ce jeu magnifique , sa rachètera certaines notes pourris et injustifié comme celle de kickinit525 , qui lui colle un 0/10 car il aime pas la jouabilité .... alors qu'elle est très bonne , m'enfin bon il faut savoir utiliser ses mains ... Puis encore un pro X-box qui colle son 10/10 a Skyrim et 0/10 a Zelda , tellementUn bon 10/10 pour ce jeu magnifique , sa rachètera certaines notes pourris et injustifié comme celle de kickinit525 , qui lui colle un 0/10 car il aime pas la jouabilité .... alors qu'elle est très bonne , m'enfin bon il faut savoir utiliser ses mains ... Puis encore un pro X-box qui colle son 10/10 a Skyrim et 0/10 a Zelda , tellement pathétique que je vais faire la même chose sur son jeu adoré , en pestant sur la jouabilité ... j'espère qu'il lira mon test , et se rendra compte de sa connerie ^^ Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2011
    I haven't played the game fully and I might do another review once I'm fully done with the game, but so far the game feels great. The motion control really add to the experience and the challenge. I have one complaint on it, and that is that there is no left hand feature. It makes it difficult for me to do a proper vertical slice from the left, as I need to slice quickly, so my handI haven't played the game fully and I might do another review once I'm fully done with the game, but so far the game feels great. The motion control really add to the experience and the challenge. I have one complaint on it, and that is that there is no left hand feature. It makes it difficult for me to do a proper vertical slice from the left, as I need to slice quickly, so my hand doesn't go far enough to the right to do a slice, and it ends up not slicing at all.

The antagonist looks gay and stupid, but still does a good job at being the villain, although a more masculine character would've been better. The storyline isn't the best so far, either. You're just trying to stop the villain.

The game also feels a bit linear, and there isn't a whole lot to explore. You're restricted to running around in a pretty small area as opposed to Twilight Princess where you had a huge area to explore. There are pretty much no people or shops on the ground, either. The only people you can talk to properly are in the sky, making the ground a boring place where you're pretty much restricted to following the storyline.

Fi (your helper) is the most boring character ever. She doesn't have any characteristics at all. She just so... straight. Midna had a personality which made her a loveable character, while Fi doesn't have any personality at all and functions pretty much like a robot. She's nothing to hate, but nothing to like either.

The ability to run is a well needed one. Good work, big N.

The soundtrack isn't very good so far. There are absolutely no masterpieces. Really disappointing for a franchise that has delivered quality soundtracks for 25 years. Theme flying-theme is my favorite piece so far, even though it doesn't really sound all that adventurous and reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy 2. Maybe that's because it's orchestrated, but it still does.

The flying is fun for the first hour or so. After that it gets repetitive and boring. There is nothing to see except floating islands with maybe a treasure chest on them or something uninteresting. Absolutely boring, and you have to use the Loftwing every time you want to go somewhere. In Twilight Princess you could just warp to different places where you'd been. In Skyward Sword you have to save at a bird statue to get that warp point, and you still have to fly your bird to it.

On the topic of bird statues - what a load of **** If there's one thing I hate in a video game it's not being able to save whenever you want to. I was in the middle of one of the spiritual training-things when I had to leave. It was either turn the Wii off, lose progress, or let it be on for the rest of the night. Power-consuming and irritating. Why Nintendo, WHY!?! Fair enough, you have to use them to get yourself back above the clouds, but why not just call Fi and let her do it?

The shield system is ass. The iron shield breaks after a couple of hits, and you don't get the Hylian shield until way later in the game. Why not save us the trouble of having to go back to Skyloft whenever the shield gets destroyed? The shield is so necessary during certain boss fights that you have to leave the dungeon and come back.

On the topic of bosses - some are fun and challenging, others just annoying. Due to the graphical style in the game, you can't make the bosses nearly as fierce as they were in Twilight Princess. Instead you have to deal with some bosses that just look stupid, and not scary. Even Ocarina of Time, with all it's polygons had scarier bosses. And that's saying something.

The graphical style was a major disappointment when I first saw the game at E3. I felt that it would limit the game, and it does. The game does look good, but it doesn't make the experience as good as it could've been with a darker style. Everything would look more "badass". Bokoblins looks like something a two year old has drawn. Same for the fifth temple boss. As a 17-year old I do of course enjoy more realistic enemies. Nintendo wants to reach out to a wider audience, of course, but for long time Zelda-fans it's disappointing.

All in all it's a good game and a nice addition to the franchise, however it has its flaws. Really not a whole lot innovative other than the new controls. The story isn't spectacular so far and it's not a whole lot new. It could've had a lot more done to it and a bit more polish, but it's a good game which will provide you with a lot of fun for a good amount of time. It was a tough decision to decide between 8 and 9, but it gets a 9. The annoyances and soundtrack pulls it down from a perfect 10.
  19. Nov 22, 2011
    People who complain this Zelda isn't Zelda should have played more Zelda games besides Ocarina of time or Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword goes back to it's A Link to the past, Link's awakening roots with more influence of Windwaker, The minish cap, The Oracles series. Looking at the limitation of the Wii graphics, this game really nails it with it's amazing artstyle. The bright colorsPeople who complain this Zelda isn't Zelda should have played more Zelda games besides Ocarina of time or Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword goes back to it's A Link to the past, Link's awakening roots with more influence of Windwaker, The minish cap, The Oracles series. Looking at the limitation of the Wii graphics, this game really nails it with it's amazing artstyle. The bright colors work well for a Zelda game, something I missed from the previous console title Twilight Princess. Overal this game is the best Zelda to date. For me it's a title that has finally beaten Ocarina of time from it's trone. Expand
  20. Nov 22, 2011
    this game IS perfect, i am over 20 hours in and STILL not done, the game plays, controls, and looks amazing. the music is simply beautiful, its impossible to say any negatives. all i can say is, if u give this anything less then a 8 or 9, ur either a troll or u have no taste
  21. Nov 22, 2011
    Beautiful, exciting and, above all, fun! Fighting is great, story is great and the music is magical! Giving this game a 0 or 5 is so childish, get a life, there is so much work involved in this kind of game. Don't give a bad score if you didn't even play this masterpiece.
  22. Nov 23, 2011
    Since Ocarina Of Time, no game has ever brought me the same amount of pleasure and emotions that it brought me at that time. Some say the "Zelda magic" is not in Skyward Sword. I disagree. It is there. In fact I think it is more present than ever before, AND it is a more unique one this time. This game keeps surprising me without end. I had extremely high expectations for this game butSince Ocarina Of Time, no game has ever brought me the same amount of pleasure and emotions that it brought me at that time. Some say the "Zelda magic" is not in Skyward Sword. I disagree. It is there. In fact I think it is more present than ever before, AND it is a more unique one this time. This game keeps surprising me without end. I had extremely high expectations for this game but they kinda disappeared once I started playing the game. It is so different than what I expected. And in a good way. From gameplay, to music, to story, to dungeons and...hell, everything in this game surprises me. Controls works like charm. Believe me when I say the controls work perfectly well, at least for me, they work perfectly well. Just take your time, get used to the controls and everything will go smooth and it is tons of fun. Definitely better than pushing buttons, and I don't say this lightly. I wasn't sure about a lot of stuff in this game. But I decided to jump positively in the game. And it turned out extremely well. This is the first Zelda that I believe outclass every other Zelda in a lots of ways. I've read people saying Skyward Sword graphics are worse than Twilight Princess which is absolutely wrong. The level of detail in SS is so much better than in TP. The art style is different, sure but I think this new art style is probably the most suitable for a Zelda game. Colorful and more pleasant looking than TP which is dark and sort of has a empty feeling to it. But that's just me.

I had a good time with TP but SS... is SO SO SO SO much better. It didn't take long I could already say TP is boring game compared to this one.

But hey I like hating on TP because it's my least favorite 3D Zelda but I know I shouldn't really. Each Zelda game is its own experience. Its own feeling. And OOT was the best feeling to me. But then, I was a kid back then. And now I feel like this is OOT all over again. But so different, I actually cannot say it is OOT again. It is a SIMILAR feeling, in the sense that I'm constantly smiling at how awesome this game is. The weird thing is that I have some Super Mario 64 feelings sometimes... I am extremely happy that this game is what it is. I'm a Zelda fan so I thought the game would be great but... this is just so different than what I expected. I'm repeating myself but I'm glad I was wrong.

I love this game. I just love it so much. Don't listen to haters. Nintendo isn't dead. This game is the proof. It is an amazing experience. I also play other games such as Skyrim, Batman, etc, so that you know I'm not just a Nintendo fanboy. I am being honest. No one should miss this, not even Nintendo haters. EVERYONE should play this. :)
  23. Nov 23, 2011
    After reading a couple of negative reviews just for the chuckles I have to wonder if they have even played this game at all. Perhaps they are just FPS junkies and graphics whores perturbed that this game took them away from their precious Call of Duty for a while. To give Skyward Sword anything lower than a 7-8 would indicate either a severe bias or lack of understanding as to what makes aAfter reading a couple of negative reviews just for the chuckles I have to wonder if they have even played this game at all. Perhaps they are just FPS junkies and graphics whores perturbed that this game took them away from their precious Call of Duty for a while. To give Skyward Sword anything lower than a 7-8 would indicate either a severe bias or lack of understanding as to what makes a good game.

Skyward Sword is a great game with a compelling story that sucks you right in. The worlds are fun to explore, the controls are some of the best i have ever seen on the Wii and it's all around just a fun game. No, the graphics are not going to blow you away, but they are by no means the worst on the Wii. They are by no means a deal breaker in a game this fun. There are worse games with better graphics, why not waste your time playing those and stop whining about Skyward Sword? Anybody who wants play a fantastic game and give the Wii a proper sendoff owes it to themselves to pick this one up.
  24. Nov 23, 2011
    Breathtaking! People that complain about the controls clearly haven't spent much time understanding them and their nuances. They expect everything to automatically work without any learning curve.
  25. Nov 23, 2011
    Amazing game! Great art, story, characters, and gameplay. Ignore all the zero scores, etc. Trust me when I say they haven't played the game. If you are looking for a great gaming experience like no other then i would highly recommend trying this game. Does have a learning curve, but once you get past it you will never want to go back
  26. Nov 23, 2011
    I expected this game to be good, but you know what it is? Its great!! The graphical style is the best that the Zelda series has to offer, IMO. Plus, the motion controls work excellently. The only problem that I have with the game is that you have to recenter the pointer thing a little too much. Oh yeah, I forgot about the story of the game. To be honest, this is the most plot centeredI expected this game to be good, but you know what it is? Its great!! The graphical style is the best that the Zelda series has to offer, IMO. Plus, the motion controls work excellently. The only problem that I have with the game is that you have to recenter the pointer thing a little too much. Oh yeah, I forgot about the story of the game. To be honest, this is the most plot centered Zelda game ever made. There are also many cinematic parts to this amazing adventure. And for all these reasons above, this is why the game deserves a 10 out of 10. Expand
  27. Nov 23, 2011
    What are these "games" that you have honored in recent years? The one true sword master chief is back, or rather he has always been there. Matrix, navel and center of gravity of the video game, this new Zelda reference everyone and all claims satellites in orbit. The wind in the sails, at ease.
  28. Nov 23, 2011
    This is the best game on the Wii period. Best Zelda game period. Best game this year? Maybe.
    The graphics are cell shaded :/ but it works well, actually looks alot better than I thought it would. Sword controls take only a couple hours to master, if you dont like them or think they're laggy it's because you suck.
    Lots of cut-scenes, interesting characters really gets you into the

Lots of cut-scenes, interesting characters really gets you into the story.
    Lots of Zelda de-ja vu.

Awesome game all around definitely a must play.
  29. Nov 24, 2011
    It's got a Twilight Princess brain, a Wind Waker heart, and the adventure of Ocarina of Time coursing through its veins, but at its soul is a brand new game, and Nintendo aren't afraid to show it.

Skyward Sword is a game that FEELS right, in every sense of the word. It flows effortlessly and, as the game progresses, immerses the player beautifully into its world. For 35 glorious hours,

For 35 glorious hours, you won't just play a video game - you will become Link, and embark upon your own fantastic adventure, high spirits and sword (Wii remote...) in hand. Never mind the brown/gray/dark brown color-wheel of Call of Duty or Battlefield - the watercolor pallet of Link's latest outing is majestic and, indeed, beautiful. This game simply radiates with character and cheer.

Accompanied by a soaring soundtrack and ingenious, satisfying controls, Skyward Sword sits proudly in the ranks of one of the finest games in the series.

The finest game on Wii. A must-buy.
  30. Nov 24, 2011
    A masterpiece from beginning to end. Possibly the best zelda game to date and definitely the best game on the wii. Even coming into this game with the mindset that it won't be as good as my favourite zelda ( Twilight Princess, deal with it ) it still shined through as my favourite in the series. The motion control is absolutely fantastic and i never want to go back
  31. Nov 24, 2011
    This is why i am a zelda fan. For me this is the best zelda ever made. My favorite was marjoras mask but this one beeds them all damn i realy love it .
  32. Nov 24, 2011
    I remember playing Ocarina of Time when I was younger and being in awe, knowing without a doubt that it wouldn't be the only time I played the game, and I was right. I still loved every moment playing the 3ds version when it came out. Since then there hasn't been another Zelda game that had that kind of impact on me, even the ones I've played multiple times were not that same feeling.I remember playing Ocarina of Time when I was younger and being in awe, knowing without a doubt that it wouldn't be the only time I played the game, and I was right. I still loved every moment playing the 3ds version when it came out. Since then there hasn't been another Zelda game that had that kind of impact on me, even the ones I've played multiple times were not that same feeling. Skyward Sword changes that.

This game is a masterpiece. The story is easily the strongest in the series by a long shot. Sure there's no voice acting, but emotion is portrayed more than well enough, the cutscenes are beautifully done, the characters are memorable, and to top it all off, it does a phenomenal job as the first game in the Zelda timeline at explaining the things we've seen in previous titles.

The graphics are not hyper-realistic like seems to be expected these days. Instead, they're a very expressive mix of the realistic and cartoony Zelda styles that have been used throughout the series, and it works beautifully. It copes with the Wii's lack of power by having more distant scenery turn impressionistic, that comes together as you get closer which is actually a pleasing way to handle things. The style itself is beautiful and works great for the game.

Music, well, it's a Zelda game and it's all orchestral, what more do you have to say? Wonderful start to finish.

The gameplay holds up strongly throughout. There were times when controls would hiccup, whether it was accidentally doing a spin attack because I tweaked the nunchuck a bit, or the aim being off using an item and having to hit down on the Dpad to recenter it. However these problems were minor inconveniences, and the second+more common one once rectified also reestablished your viewpoint to centered so if you reacted quick enough it was barely noticeable.

Outside of the hiccups, the motion controls shine as what Wii promised years ago. Sword play is dynamic and fun, and mistakes will often cost you, especially once you start finding enemies equipped with electric weapons(which in true Zelda fashion will take away a heart every time you're blocked). The items all feel natural, and there are some nice additions like the bow charging a shot by holding A, or charging quicker by holding C and pulling back the nunchuck. The addition of being able to roll bombs adds a whole new level of depth, as does being able to carry them remotely.

The items are all well done. Not to mention, they're used from the time you get them until the time you get to the end. If I recall correctly, you get the beetle in the first temple(Skyview) and it was necessary in multiple ways in the final temple of the game. The only thing I didn't like about the items was shield durability, as it's very late in the game when you are finally able to attain a shield that won't break if you block instead of parry with it. However there's a self-repairing shield that holds it's own if you know how to use it until late game, so it's mostly just getting to the point where you can get that.

The dungeon design is some of the best Zelda has ever seen. There are a couple "put this box on this switch" puzzles, but they're very limited in number. I think there was maybe one "light the torches" and it was done in a new way that prevented it from feeling like a stale puzzle. Outside of that there are a lot of new mechanics and new puzzles which are quite interesting, especially when you run into one of the most interesting new elements, the timeshift stones.

Boss fights are some of the best in the series. There are several that I remember puzzling through how to beat them, and the final boss was easily one of the best finales Zelda has ever seen, challenging your mastery of the mechanics and your ability to think on your feet all at once(which most of the new bosses do, but what can I say, I really like the last fight).

Revisiting areas as much as you do is helped along by having new things happen to help keep things feeling fresh. The last trip you make to the Eldin province is unique to the rest of the game and is quite an entertaining journey. There are also a few areas in each province, which you open up and explore as you more items, so even though you've been to the area you may still be going somewhere new.

The silent realms are an interesting diversion, challenging your patience and thought. It's pretty much a fetch quest, but it does give you a break from combat to do something the Zelda series almost never sees: Avoid combat at all costs, and innovate your way to the collection items so as to not get spotted and have to start all over, while on a time limit before the enemies wake up and start chasing.

I'm running out of characters so I'll end there. This game is a masterpiece, and I think may actually beat OOT(tough call there). From start to finish it is easily the best game released for Wii and, in my opinion, easily Game of the Year.
  33. Nov 24, 2011
    From the minute the game starts, to the moment the game ends - Skyward Sword is an adventure of epic proportions that truly delivers on Miyamoto's vision of exploration; one that leaves a lasting impression on any gamer who dares commit to it's lengthy playtime.

Almost everything in this game is polished to perfection, the visuals are often stunning despite their lack of resolution, with a style that seamless combines those of past Zelda games to create something that is truly befitting to the series. Don't let the lack of lighting and bump-mapping fool you, this game looks glorious - it's textures are lovely in their paint-like quality, and some of the character models are brilliant in their simplicity, even by today's standards. The controls, although extremely tight, have their occasional frustrating moments - often needing to be re-centered when aiming with a weapon. Though this slight frustration is a moot point. Motion controls are a revelation, and I simply do not want to go back.

Nintendo has fully unleashed it's creativity with the cut-scenes in this game, offering a truly cinematic quality with nary a word spoken; the camera work in these cut scenes are fantastic, and every cut scene (despite some being a little too lengthy,) manages to shape and mold each of Skyward Swords complex characters even further. Skyward Sword is the gaming achievement since the introduction of 3D worlds. The game-changing controls, along with the charming visuals and polished-to-perfection production values, hold this game so high, it's only fitting destination is Skyward.
  34. Nov 20, 2011
    Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles,Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles, tons of action, pranks, skydiving, soaring among the clouds, swordfighting and gadgets, as well as challenging memorable and rewarding boss fights this is *definitely* the game for you! If you don't own a wii, borrow or buy a used one, and play this game now! Enjoy the smile on your face after a tense battle! This all what games are about! Expand
  35. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. the graphics are perfectly done: backgrounds, floors, walls simulate beautiful paintings. Controls are perfected, Link will even twist his hand at your command. This game is like one of those dreams that you don't want to wake up. This game is for what Zelda was created, no, this game is for what video games were created! 10/10
  36. Nov 20, 2011
    PERFECT, the motion control is spot-on and this games adds so much more to the zelda-verse, the best zelda to yet and probably one of the best game ever, totally GOTY, fitting for it's 25th anniversary
  37. Nov 21, 2011
    I gave this game a 10/10 because it definitely deserves it (thus far. i'm about 4 hours into the game). The music is astounding, the colors are amazing, and the story line is just as intriguing as OoT. If the game somehow starts failing as I continue playing, i'll change my review but i don't see that happening. Definitely worth the money and imo, better than TP.
  38. Mar 4, 2012
    My first Zelda game was Twilight Princess and I have some really fond memories from that adventure! So that's the Zelda game I can compare this too, but generally I have been playing video games for over 20 years. Skyward Sword is a mixed bag...graphics range from pretty to blurry mess..story is typical fairy tale no one really cares about...gameplay is great..motion controls work most ofMy first Zelda game was Twilight Princess and I have some really fond memories from that adventure! So that's the Zelda game I can compare this too, but generally I have been playing video games for over 20 years. Skyward Sword is a mixed bag...graphics range from pretty to blurry mess..story is typical fairy tale no one really cares about...gameplay is great..motion controls work most of the time but are far from perfect...difficulty level is just right...I love: the sense of adventure, the music, the dungeons, the anime style animations and jokes...I hate: repetitive tasks, limited areas, fetch quests, unskippable dialogs that go on forever, no voice acting, annoying sound when hearts are low... Really, this game is worth a playthrough but Nintendo really need to modernize this franchise...the way this game is presented, it's only saved from being mediocre by the Zelda name...if this was the first Zelda ever, compared to other modern games..it would be a failure..please Nintendo don't let Zelda die like this...bring it into the 21st century! Expand
  39. Nov 21, 2011
    Best Zelda game so far. Beautiful graphics, great orchestral music and perfect controls. After Skyward Sword you never ever want to play a action-adventure with a game-pad again.

The only disappointment is the missing voice acting.
  40. Nov 26, 2011
    zelda is the best franchise ever existed alongside mario and metroid...... Nintendo are gods, sony and msoft try to compensate this with money and technology but they cant ...............this game is the living proof that nintendo are the best at gamecrafting and overall videogame desing and innovations......... haters go fawk your mother
  41. Nov 23, 2011
    I gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the oldI gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the old zelda games that had so many trap doors and secrets at every corner, had a room that traps you by you ending up in the same room endlessly if you pick the wrong sequence of doors to open. The boss battles are enjoyable due to the wii nunchuck though getting the right camera angle while moving around is still a pain. The story for this game is very kiddish where you wonder how Zelda could move ahead of you so fast going into dungeons, lava filled volcano areas, underwater areas and monster filled areas and coming out unharmed while you have to look tirelessly for dungeon keys and getting the right equipment to progress the game. Maybe Link is the one that needs protecting. I won't knock the game because its story is geared towards kids so I'm giving it a 9 for control innovation, mini-games innovation, dungeon puzzles were a little challenging, mini-games a little challenging. Just wish they made this game more challenging by bigger boss battles, more challenging hidden stuff and areas, less hints, less childish and include the old NES Zelda dungeon music in dungeons. Expand
  42. Nov 21, 2011
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Graphics: is a kind of impressionist style, it's art in motion! you can pause the game and conteplate something amazing. Gameplay: The most innovative Zelda of all, a lot of FUN! you will be the hand of link using the master sword, run and jump as never and of course a lot of rpg options are added. Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda games were you can undertand many thing of the Zelda universe.

Conclusion: a epic game, a legend that gives you 50/100 hrs of FUN!
  43. Nov 26, 2011
    Passed the game two days after it came out, and I've been pondering since to whether or not it is better than Oot. I tend to feel it to be blasphemous to question those classic Zelda titles like LTTP, Oot, MM, and the original Zelda, but Skyward Sword did something to trigger that. I think if they made the game just a touch shorter, rather than having some of the unnecessary backtrackingPassed the game two days after it came out, and I've been pondering since to whether or not it is better than Oot. I tend to feel it to be blasphemous to question those classic Zelda titles like LTTP, Oot, MM, and the original Zelda, but Skyward Sword did something to trigger that. I think if they made the game just a touch shorter, rather than having some of the unnecessary backtracking particularly in the sequences revolving around the collecting of songs from Eldin Volcano and Faron Woods I would have had no trouble in placing this game above Oot, and even going as far as saying it maybe the greatest 3D game ever made. After Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword has probably been the most unpredictable Zelda, and for that I appreciate it greatly. Often times you find yourself suspiciously peering at the inventory screen looking for the occasional object significant to the quest, in Skyward however this did little to help you figure out exactly how much more is left making every next move or turn all the more unpredictable. Another good sign is that this has perhaps been the first time that I have been so pleased that I've gone on to replay the game again simply for the greater challenge.

It is also true that Fi does in fact wreck some of the greater puzzles the game has to offer, however one of these puzzles which Fi wrecked during the 5th dungeon made me ask myself "Did Fi just save me an hour of running back and forth frustrated?" Because certainly that is what was going to happen. Regardless the design of the puzzles and dungeons are brilliant, and they make you want to return to the past Zelda games you may have never completed [like for me the DS games] or replaying Links Awakening or doing the second quest in the Original Zelda. Then when you get to doing that you realize well it was more than just the dungeons, it was also the combat.

Ultimately the good in Skyward is simply so brilliant that the awkwardness of the few moments of backtracking only works beneficially, postponing at that point what would ultimately be the greatest climax in Zelda history. In the end IGN will call it game of the year, many will call it game of the decade, and maybe I will call it the best Zelda ever made.
  44. Nov 21, 2011
    A perfect game through and through - I give a 10/10 perfect score to this game! Zelda actually has a personality this time. It is a true Legend. Highly recommended.
  45. Nov 21, 2011
    Fantastic game, got it on Friday and played for about 20 hours, does everything right and skimming over the negative comments convinces me people are rating 0s despite not even playing the game. For example calibrating the motion plus isn't even an issue, it takes about 6 seconds and I've only ever needed to do it after turning the controller off, I've played for long periods of timeFantastic game, got it on Friday and played for about 20 hours, does everything right and skimming over the negative comments convinces me people are rating 0s despite not even playing the game. For example calibrating the motion plus isn't even an issue, it takes about 6 seconds and I've only ever needed to do it after turning the controller off, I've played for long periods of time without needing to calibrate once. The combat is amazing, the controls are actually extremely responsive and this game has actually made a big leap in combat, sure beats waggling and button mashing. Oh and I love the colours, very pretty. I'm extra excited for what they'll do with Zelda on Wii U now because this is certainly my all time favourite game thus far. Also just as a heads up it doesn't use the sensor bar, you can totally aim the pointer while you're in a different room. Lesson of the day: read the instruction book. Expand
  46. Nov 20, 2011
    Another vacations with my favorite game. Thanks Nintendo for the innovation. I love Zelda Skyward Sword so much. The music is great, the storyline is so perfect, the controls is maybe the best part. It's a hard game and i aprecciate this masterpiece since the first minute until the last one. Miyamoto, Eiji and kondo: Thanks again, this will be a fantastic christmas. Now im going for SuperAnother vacations with my favorite game. Thanks Nintendo for the innovation. I love Zelda Skyward Sword so much. The music is great, the storyline is so perfect, the controls is maybe the best part. It's a hard game and i aprecciate this masterpiece since the first minute until the last one. Miyamoto, Eiji and kondo: Thanks again, this will be a fantastic christmas. Now im going for Super Mario Land 3D Expand
  47. Nov 21, 2011
    This is by far, hands down, the best Zelda game ever created. It steals the Ocarina of Time's spotlight easily and this is indeed a masterpiece. See Nintendo? Put effort into your games and you get a game that could be a timeless classic.
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    So far I have played the game and I've gotten a taste of swordplay, flying, and overall starting to get used to flying mechanics. I love the game and I think it is an amazing challenge; it brings me back to when I first played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and how I found both of them to be rather difficult to me at the time, being they were my first Zelda games.

Skyward Sword is

Skyward Sword is getting bad scores due to people thinking too highly of it and comparing it to other games like Assassin's Creed. If they would compare it to the REST of the Zelda series instead, the game would be getting a better score.

Trust me, don't judge a game because of other users reviews. Well... yes take it into account... but don't let it ruin it. I say try the game out, maybe as a rental, then buy it if you want. It's a good game.
  49. Nov 21, 2011
    Definitely a new take on the Zelda franchise while remaining true to what the series is known for. At first, the controls seem awkward as you raise your wii remote upwards before dealing a devastating strike but after an hour, I can't imagine playing Skyward Sword in any other way. A surprisingly involving story and excellent mechanics make this game the reason why you should pick up aDefinitely a new take on the Zelda franchise while remaining true to what the series is known for. At first, the controls seem awkward as you raise your wii remote upwards before dealing a devastating strike but after an hour, I can't imagine playing Skyward Sword in any other way. A surprisingly involving story and excellent mechanics make this game the reason why you should pick up a motion plus. After only a couple hours of game play, you can't wait to play more. The characters are more welcoming than ever, each with their own personality, especially the game's villain. There was more areas to discover and reasons why you should return to previous areas. The flight seems strange at first but to have controls not limited by the joystick seems like a very free feeling. The only thing that slows the game down somewhat is the lack of response the controller has but that is a trifle, barely noticeable when you can control exactly the direction your sword strikes. This is how a true motion control game should play. Each aspect of the technology is used effectively. The ability to change the UI is an excellent addition. Despite the game not having the graphics that Skyrim or Modern Warfare 3 have, it keeps true to the Zelda theme. The game is bright and a welcoming change to the greys and browns normally seen in mainstream gaming. This game signals a new start for the Zelda franchise and possibly the only reason to buy a Wii if you haven't already. Expand
  50. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game, which affords a new control scheme which makes interesting new gameplay options possible. Negative reviews are reprehensible given that the game's usage of motion controls was announced originally --- people who want to sit down and play games by mashing buttons should re-play the old games, or choose to purchase games which cater to that. People who played WiiAbsolutely amazing game, which affords a new control scheme which makes interesting new gameplay options possible. Negative reviews are reprehensible given that the game's usage of motion controls was announced originally --- people who want to sit down and play games by mashing buttons should re-play the old games, or choose to purchase games which cater to that. People who played Wii Sports Resort and wanted more freedom and control (and interesting puzzles) or Red Steel 2 and wanted a longer game will be well-rewarded by this game. Expand
  51. Nov 21, 2011
    Magical. Minor complaints here and there with motion controls and pacing, but this game is captivating from beginning to end. Would expect nothing less from a Zelda game. Easily crack my top ten of all time.
  52. Nov 21, 2011
    This is not only an incredible Wii game, but an engaging game on any platform. It pushes the graphics on Nintendo's little white box, utilizing an excellent art style that feels perfect for the series. If Zelda was upscaled to high definition, this would be on par with a good looking XBOX360 or PS3 game, and that's exciting, yet simultaneously disappointing considering no other Wii games,This is not only an incredible Wii game, but an engaging game on any platform. It pushes the graphics on Nintendo's little white box, utilizing an excellent art style that feels perfect for the series. If Zelda was upscaled to high definition, this would be on par with a good looking XBOX360 or PS3 game, and that's exciting, yet simultaneously disappointing considering no other Wii games, save one or two, achieve this. This is the greatest Zelda game made, and a wonderful swan song for a console that has been greatly underappreciated. Expand
  53. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm playing SS for about 23 hours and here are my thoughts:

+ Memorable Story
    + Character design
    + World design & size
    + Controls
    + Humor

- Getting used to the controls took me a while

Check it out guys, it's one of the last Wii gems!!
  54. Nov 21, 2011
    My favorite Zelda game has been The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for as long as the game has been out. I tried playing Twilight Princess several time but just couldn't get into it. I bought Skyward Sword yesterday and I am pretty deep into the game. I think I may have a new favorite.... The atmosphere and the controls are my favorite parts of the game. The controls are almost perfect soMy favorite Zelda game has been The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for as long as the game has been out. I tried playing Twilight Princess several time but just couldn't get into it. I bought Skyward Sword yesterday and I am pretty deep into the game. I think I may have a new favorite.... The atmosphere and the controls are my favorite parts of the game. The controls are almost perfect so far. I've had zero issues with registering jabs or swings and have only needed to recenter the cursor a couple of times while looking at the map. I'm guessing that the people that are having issues aren't use to the motion controls, have a broken controller, or haven't played the game. It looks like all of the COD trolls are trying to avenge their user metascore. Expand
  55. Nov 21, 2011
    People who say this is "dumb" or "boring" don't know how to play video games then. It's not the same. It's everything we love about Zelda, but in a different way. Half of you probably say that, then give Call of Duty or some sports game a 10/10. Stupid hypocrites.
    Pros: This game is amazing. It's well worth the 10/10 and is way more fun to play than Skyrim or Battlefield 3. I haven't touched either since I've gotten the game. Skyrim is decent, but leaves the player left doing nothing with tremendous power and is barely a challenge. The only challenge I found were the OHKO bosses and Giants. But even then, after you get the ebony stuff, it's too easy. BF3 is okay, but idc for shooters anymore because gameplay wise it's not changing. I like BF3 a little more though because it's squad base, granted if you find a squad who does squad things. The reason I threw those two games in here is because it's to make a point, both games are not revolutionizing gameplay. The main thing is your stuck using a controller and it's not like your actually doing anything, just watching. Like a movie with choices to choose your adventure kinda thing. Then comes along BF3, where it's still your point and shoot shooter. yeah it's overly harsh and you have to go into more detail, but lets face it, the only thing seperating BF3 and MW3 are a few gameplay differences. What makes Skyward sword different is the new motion controls that make you feel more like Link. That alone makes the game a 8/10. Getting more into the game, there's tons of neat little references to past Zelda games, epic music, a vast world(s), and for a first, a pretty good story to boot. This game also proves a game doesn't need great graphics to be great. That reminds me, How's that swimming coming along in Skyrim? Compared to Skyward Sword's water physics, Skyrim looks like jello or something. Horrible in Skyrim. Worst part is Bethesda doesn't know how to do bug fixes and leave it up to the fanbase to do it. Nintendo takes pride in their games at least and fixes those bugs so the player doesn't have to do anything except enjoy.
    Cons: The controls are a bit annoying, but that's because I usually play laying down :P This just means I need to get my lazy butt up of the couch more or less. Nothing has made this a game a disappointment and anyone who thinks it does is just a nintendo-hater who thinks only good games are the violent ones.
    Nintendo proves again you can make a great game with just gameplay. I can't wait for the next installment in the Zelda series, it'll be tough to beat this one.
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    Well, this game has the best controls ever seen in a game. The story is awesome and the swordplay is simply perfect. I think this is a game that will pass through generations... it's really a masterpiece.
  57. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome! The characters feel real! This is what gaming is about! The interface is perfect! The motion controls are accurate and smooth. The story is well-told by a cast of believable characters.
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    Perfect in every way, definitely the most enjoyable Zelda I've ever played. Packed full of plenty of side missions as well as a very well-done main quest, it's a non-stop ride of pure joy and excitement. Anyone who enjoys gaming should definitely pick this up, a must-buy for sure.
  59. Nov 21, 2011
    Amazing game. I've been waiting for this game for over a year. You know what I say, it was worth it. It has really good controls. Spaced out enemys. You can even adjust how to point the wii remote, so you can sit at any angle you want. 11/10
  60. Nov 21, 2011
    This game makes new standard for all motion games. If you like Zelda games then you'll love it and won't even want to go back to old control scheme. This is probably last worth game for the Wii but really, it's a must to own it and play it. The game is getting everywhere positive reviews from critics (this is rather confirmation that in 90% bad reviews are made from fanboys here..). I'veThis game makes new standard for all motion games. If you like Zelda games then you'll love it and won't even want to go back to old control scheme. This is probably last worth game for the Wii but really, it's a must to own it and play it. The game is getting everywhere positive reviews from critics (this is rather confirmation that in 90% bad reviews are made from fanboys here..). I've played almost all Zeldas and I like them all, but for now this is one of my favourites. Hope you will have also the same good time as I had playing it. 10/10 ! Expand
  61. Nov 22, 2011
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    This game is so **** epic. **** off these stupid haters, ****
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  62. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is a Masterpiece!!! I have beeb playing for 25 hours and is wonderful and awesome. My favorite Zelda was before Majora's mask but after playing Skyward Sword I need to think about it.jajaja

Sorry for my English! is not my natal lenguage.
  63. Nov 22, 2011
    This is the game we were dreaming of since the conception of video games, since we were little kids we have dreamed to be a character on a video game, this game, brings us closer to virtual reality, this is the game that will change the way you play a Zelda game.

The good: The story, The gameplay, the length of the game, and the difficulty (not extremely hard, but has a lot of challenges), the dungeons
    The Bad: the graphics look jagged, THIS IS A MASTERPIECE
  64. Nov 23, 2011
    Skyward sword is a fantastic title. A little slow to begin with, (but then again show me a zelda which isn't). This slower start is important though because all the characters you meet will have a big impact on you. characters and locations are memorable. The game elegantly gets around the wii's SD capabilities with the new art style. Jagged objects are avoided by the watercolour effectsSkyward sword is a fantastic title. A little slow to begin with, (but then again show me a zelda which isn't). This slower start is important though because all the characters you meet will have a big impact on you. characters and locations are memorable. The game elegantly gets around the wii's SD capabilities with the new art style. Jagged objects are avoided by the watercolour effects on objects in the distance. It works a little like the focal point blurring that wind waker used to avoid jagged scenery etc. The first few hours feel a little like more traditional zelda, but as you progress, it becomes clear that skyward sword is a fantastic addition with many new ideas and features! Truly brilliant. Expand
  65. Nov 23, 2011
    Spoiler-free review

Spoiler-free review

This is the greatest gaming experience I've ever had. I am a huge Zelda fan. I've played Ocarina of time, I have it for the N64, virtual console, and gamecube collector's edition disc. OoT was my favorite game up until Skyward Sword came out. Skyward Sword has the best plot and character development out of all Zelda games. I've seen some reviews that are saying they don't like the beginning set-up. I agree that it does drag on at parts, but it was fun overall and the game needed it for the story. The story is not only amazing, but it explains events in OoT and other zelda games.

The 1:1 sword controls are perfect for the most part, the remote will need to be re-calibrated every once in a while, but it wasn't much of a problem for me. The controls make the combat much more difficult, diverse, and puzzle-filled than most Zelda games. Every single dungeon in game have been my favorite out of all the games so far, and the bosses are superb and difficult, especially the last two. Those are the hardest boss fights out of any Zelda game so far. The overworlds in the game aren't as open as in OoT and Twilight Princess, but they're large and work perfectly for what they're used for. The graphics are amazing, especially for a Wii game. The art style is by far the most beautiful I have ever seen in a game.

The items in this game are extremely amazing. There's many new items and returning classics. Almost every item can upgraded to be more powerful, have new functions, and look even cooler than they already do.

I haven't finished them all yet, but the game has many side-quests and collectible items to upgrade your gear and potions with. Skyloft is the best town in Zelda so far, it's large, has a lot going on in it, and every NPC in the town can be talked to have have their own personality.

The music in this game isn't quite as amazing as OoT or WW, but it makes up for it with how beautiful the fully orchestrated songs are, especially the songs from past games that are now fully orchestrated.

The mode of transportation in this game, the loftwing, is my favorite so far. It works perfectly for the kind of overworld it is used in and is extremely fun to control. The main quest is about 40 hours long. There's many hours worth of sidequests and collecting treasures. And after you beat the game, there's a hero mode that is more difficult than the normal game. This game has at least 100 hours of play time.

To sum it all up, this is by far the greatest Zelda game, no, the greatest game I have ever played. Story - 10/10
    Graphics - 10/10
    Music - 9/10
    Replay Value- 10/10

Overall - 10/10
  66. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is the game of the year 6 years in the making. Everything The Legend of Zelda has stood for is all put together in this game making it the ultimate Zelda experiance ever. The dungeons, bosses, characters, and RPG elements are the best the zelda series has had. Every temple was refreshing and unique and the bosses were all very random and surprising! The wii motion plus made theThis game is the game of the year 6 years in the making. Everything The Legend of Zelda has stood for is all put together in this game making it the ultimate Zelda experiance ever. The dungeons, bosses, characters, and RPG elements are the best the zelda series has had. Every temple was refreshing and unique and the bosses were all very random and surprising! The wii motion plus made the game feel less like a grind during combat and made every fight feel special. Anyone complaining that it was not exact or was hard to use was doing it wrong i swear. This is the best game i have ever played in my life and ive never given a perfect ten to a game in all my life but this game easily decieves it if not even more. I have been a hardcore gamer for the passed 14 years and Ive never had a more enjoyable gaming experiance. I hope this helped in anyones desision to ignore the negative reviews and buy this amazing game! Expand
  67. Nov 25, 2011
    A wonderful, colourful and epic celebration of the rich 25 year history that is "The legend of Zelda". Don't be fooled by the console it's on, Skyward Sword pushes the wii and manages to pull off a timeless and artistic look that does the series justice. Motion controls feel precise and intuitive, story is top notch and gameplay is at its best. Fan or not, do yourself a favour and giveA wonderful, colourful and epic celebration of the rich 25 year history that is "The legend of Zelda". Don't be fooled by the console it's on, Skyward Sword pushes the wii and manages to pull off a timeless and artistic look that does the series justice. Motion controls feel precise and intuitive, story is top notch and gameplay is at its best. Fan or not, do yourself a favour and give Skyward Sword a go. It will not dissapoint! Expand
  68. Nov 25, 2011
    A great game for an under used system. The only reason I have a wii for is super mario and zelda games. Nintnedo always delivers when it comes time for the show and this game is no exception. The changes are refreshing, the story is a nice change of pace, and the motion controls add total immersion to the experience. It started off a bit slow but picked up. Im about 10 hours in andA great game for an under used system. The only reason I have a wii for is super mario and zelda games. Nintnedo always delivers when it comes time for the show and this game is no exception. The changes are refreshing, the story is a nice change of pace, and the motion controls add total immersion to the experience. It started off a bit slow but picked up. Im about 10 hours in and cant put it down. I recent picked up Arkham asylum (another great game) but have no urge to play it due to how much fun zelda is. Expand
  69. Nov 25, 2011
    This such a beautiful, addicting, awesome Legend of Zelda game. The characters are so diverse and you like them so much. Flying is fun and the music is epic. The motion controls are absolutely perfect, don't believe those people who say it sucks. Rarely, you have to calibrate Wii MotionPlus. It's very rare that it happens to me, so I don't care. I have played it for 5 days and have alreadyThis such a beautiful, addicting, awesome Legend of Zelda game. The characters are so diverse and you like them so much. Flying is fun and the music is epic. The motion controls are absolutely perfect, don't believe those people who say it sucks. Rarely, you have to calibrate Wii MotionPlus. It's very rare that it happens to me, so I don't care. I have played it for 5 days and have already played for 21 hours. The best game on the Wii and quite possibly the best Zelda game off all time. 10/10. Expand
  70. Nov 26, 2011
    This is the best love letter that the developers could have possibly written to fans of the Zelda franchise and the best send off that Nintendo could have given to Wii owners. I have played the game every night after work since it launched. The bundle package with the $20 golden Wiimote+ and incredible soundtrack was worth every penny. The controls respond flawlessly except for when I amThis is the best love letter that the developers could have possibly written to fans of the Zelda franchise and the best send off that Nintendo could have given to Wii owners. I have played the game every night after work since it launched. The bundle package with the $20 golden Wiimote+ and incredible soundtrack was worth every penny. The controls respond flawlessly except for when I am using my bug net, but I learned to compensate. The camera will go off a bit once in a while, but a quick press down on the directional pad fixes that right up. The levels are amazing in both design and feel, while the music is the perfect accompaniment. You could argue that this game is a 9.5, or even a 9.0 for the super elitist, but anything less than a 9, you are kidding yourself. If you really have to have HD graphics, learn how to transfer the game from disk to your hard drive and emulate through Dolphin. This, like most Zelda games, is a must own if you are a fan of the Adventure genre or just love video games. Expand
  71. Nov 26, 2011
    So much hate for such a great game. Sucks that most of people giving this a 0 cant even prove they have played the game (outside of talking about things which were shown in the preview videos). I guess this is just what happens when something this good comes around. The hipsters and Nintendo haters will come out in drones and vote it down. I'm just giving this game a 10 to help boostSo much hate for such a great game. Sucks that most of people giving this a 0 cant even prove they have played the game (outside of talking about things which were shown in the preview videos). I guess this is just what happens when something this good comes around. The hipsters and Nintendo haters will come out in drones and vote it down. I'm just giving this game a 10 to help boost it to the score it rightfully deserves. Expand
  72. Nov 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After starting it up, I was a little disappointed by the new controls and look of the game. But after about 5 min, I was loving it. The golden remote that came with the game works perfectly and the game looks stunning(for the wii). I'm not concerned with the graphics cause those don't make a game anyway, I mean, how awesome are all the bad graphic games from the nineties? Back to Skyward Sword: The story was really a let down at first, but after I heard about the three flames, I new just what was a coming. THE GAME IS A PREQUEL!!! The way the story all ties together is amazing and blew my mind. i don't think there is a better 25 year anniversary for anything ever. Expand
  73. Nov 21, 2011
    One of the best zelda experiences ever. Dont believe the crap few people say, the controls are fine! music is awesome, gameplay and story are deep an involving.... on par with ocarina of time!
  74. Nov 20, 2011
    Although, the Wii seems to be aging since it's release in 2006, Nintendo has never fail when it comes to delivering great games with an impressive story line and graphical art style, and that game has finally arrive as each of us dusted out our WII just to play this master-piece that Nintendo developers put so much time and passion into to give us another great experience in their ZeldaAlthough, the Wii seems to be aging since it's release in 2006, Nintendo has never fail when it comes to delivering great games with an impressive story line and graphical art style, and that game has finally arrive as each of us dusted out our WII just to play this master-piece that Nintendo developers put so much time and passion into to give us another great experience in their Zelda franchise. After, playing Skyward Sword for at least 4 hours I was very impress it was one of the best art style I have ever seen in a game, even the graphics were great as well for a Wii game, and yes this game would have looked even better if Nintendo were to develop a High-Definition console for the game, but oh well. Also, I would never consider this game to be ported to the PS3 and XBOX 360 it would be horrible because it's a Nintendo classic title, and no I'm not a fan boy I own both the Wii and Ps3, and the 360 is a great system as well although I don't even own it, but each systems has very impressive exclusives to itself. Personally, I love the water color art style in Skyward Sword it's one of the best graphics I have seen mixing both twilight princess and the wind waker it's just phenomenal with the WII limited hardware. As with the combat the one on one Wii motion plus is accurate indeed although it's not too perfect especially when I'm swinging the controller like crazy it becomes unresponsive sometimes, but who cares Nintendo actually deliver impressive game-play. Now the music, which was preform and orchestrated into Skyward Sword......... BEST MUSIC I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM A GAME, ESPECIALLY IN A ZELDA GAME right after SKYRIMS EPIC MUSIC. I'M GLAD THAT Nintendo has finally decided orchestrate the music into the 25 anniversary sound track disk. Oh yeah and to those who give the game a rating of zero don't go judging the graphics just because it isn't a game with intense graphics like on a a PC , PS3 , and Xbox 360 it's a WII game of course the graphics is outdated in 2011 but who cares it looks great. Finally, after viewing recent reviews from critics such as IGN, GAMETRAILERS, AND GAMESPOT i have say i agree with all three review IGN gave it a 10, gametrailers gave it a 9.1 and then gamespot gave it a 7.5 because a review wouldn't be without criticizing, but enough said it's the critics opinions not ours but giving this game at least a zero is just shame if you people don't enjoy the graphics then don't buy it and play something else. Overall this game is a must buy. Expand
  75. Nov 20, 2011
    Ok so ive played Skyward Sword for about 7 and a half hours now. and even though its a little to early to judge the game in a whole im gonna give it a 9 but if my opinion changes ill change the review. But so far pretty damn good game
  76. Nov 20, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the best game on the Wii. It's also the best Zelda game of all time, quite a feat, considing Zelda is considered by some to be the best game series ever. The MotionPlus swordplay, although tough to get used to, is flawless, and I never want to play another Zelda game without it ever again. The structure of the game is incredibly designed, and theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the best game on the Wii. It's also the best Zelda game of all time, quite a feat, considing Zelda is considered by some to be the best game series ever. The MotionPlus swordplay, although tough to get used to, is flawless, and I never want to play another Zelda game without it ever again. The structure of the game is incredibly designed, and the music...well, you should count yourself lucky that a soundtrack comes with the game, as in my opinion, it's the best game soundtrack ever. Zelda: Skyward Sword is amazing, and if you have a Wii, you owe it to it and yourself to buy it. 10/10 Expand
  77. Nov 20, 2011
    Nintendo's changed the game with Skyward sword. The Motion controls are simple and intuitive, requiring minimal time to adjust. From wielding your sword to properly using your shield (ensuring it's not damaged) to bowling with bombs, and flying to the wonderfully made soundtrack. Skyward Sword's a must have for ANYONE who's remotely interested in the Zelda series.
  78. Nov 21, 2011
    A modern classic was born. The game of the year will be remembered for decades by the giant scenarios that have now become huge dungeons in which there is much to be done. The narrative is really mature and at the same time speaks of the core issues of the classic stories. Good against evil. The use of the wiimote with its precision 1:1 gives this epic classic story of a modernity that noA modern classic was born. The game of the year will be remembered for decades by the giant scenarios that have now become huge dungeons in which there is much to be done. The narrative is really mature and at the same time speaks of the core issues of the classic stories. Good against evil. The use of the wiimote with its precision 1:1 gives this epic classic story of a modernity that no other device has to offer. Expand
  79. Nov 22, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has done what Twilight Princess should have when it was brought over to the Wii: That is, used the Wii-mote. And oh how SS has. While it may not be the out-of-this-world epic that people expected, it is as close as a Wii game can get. The musical score is well done (if young at heart), and the action plays out nice and smooth. This Zelda is tougher thanThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has done what Twilight Princess should have when it was brought over to the Wii: That is, used the Wii-mote. And oh how SS has. While it may not be the out-of-this-world epic that people expected, it is as close as a Wii game can get. The musical score is well done (if young at heart), and the action plays out nice and smooth. This Zelda is tougher than previous titles in the series, but it also has a vastly updated UI to guide you through it, as well as a much improved companion NPC that helps you every step of the way should you need it. The camera does leave something to be desired, but using your Z-Target function does correct the angle and therefore bypasses any problems that may develop from not having complete control over the camera all the time, like in Wind Waker. If I had any complaints for this game, they would be few, but they would include the somewhat quirky camera and the overall childlike feel of the game, though this second point is relative to one's own view and I myself do not find it all that bothersome. To sum up, Skyward Sword has proven that it is a Zelda game, and a good one at that. One for the ages. Two thumbs skyward from me. Expand
  80. Nov 21, 2011
    Balancing the trolls. This game is a masterpiece in its own right. The franchise is the best at what it does: create a fun, intuitive adventure for children of any age.

This "grafix sux, same formula" crap is just a showcase of the kinds of people who would give this game a zero. Guess what? Games don't need the most updated graphics to be fun. A lot of 8 bit games are still fun. As for

Guess what? Games don't need the most updated graphics to be fun. A lot of 8 bit games are still fun. As for the same formula? Why reinvent the wheel. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  81. Nov 21, 2011
    I'd say I'm about half way through the game at this stage. What I have played so far, however, is leading me to believe that I am playing the best game I have ever played, ever. The graphics are the first thing that stuck out for me, this is a Wii game so clearly it's going to be missing out on pixel count and model detail/texture sizes and post processing etc. but you know what, none ofI'd say I'm about half way through the game at this stage. What I have played so far, however, is leading me to believe that I am playing the best game I have ever played, ever. The graphics are the first thing that stuck out for me, this is a Wii game so clearly it's going to be missing out on pixel count and model detail/texture sizes and post processing etc. but you know what, none of that seems to matter. This is by far in large of of the best looking games I have played this generation, Character models, expressions and animation are of a quality only normally seen in a Pixar movie, extremely emotive.

At first I thought the game play was a little clunky, being used to previous Zelda titles, but after realising the character moves more at a walking pace in doors and got out into the one world the controls are much more tight. Motion controls are very tight and having the option to reset the motion sensor with the d-pad makes the whole process super smooth. A lot of the fights difficulty does come from being able to swipe the correct way at the correct time but having just spent close to 50 hours in DarkSouls this is actually very similar to blocking an attack, rolling out of the way and then striking in a particular way at a specific moment. The motion controls simple add a heightened level of involvement and massively increased accuracy when aiming special items.

As far as pacing is concerned It is very well thought out. No dungeon so far has been too long or short and returning to old locations does not drag out like it did in Phantom Hour Glass. The closest experience I can think of is the way Metroid/Castlevania games pan out when finding new areas in old locations or better yet the way A Link to the Past did.

Zelda games weakest point for me in the past has been a lack of continuous story telling. This is actually one of Skyward Sword's best point's as the story is regularly and effectively updated and evolved as the game progresses. No longer are you simply told to go collect the 3 things and get absolutely no story updates until you have.

The cute scenes are of an exceptional quality that Dreamworks would be lucky to achieve - without the use of overpaid acting talent!

The game also has a fairly robust, if not a little simple, item upgrade system that adds another level of depth to game progression - money now feels useful for something other than absolutely necessary purchases.

So on the whole Zelda Skyward Sword is shaping up to be essentially the greatest game I've ever laid by hands on. What I have experienced thus far is certainly 10/10 but I'll update that should the latter half of the game make me change my mind. I somehow doubt that will be the case.
  82. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the longest Zelda game. After the 6th Dungeon I thought the game was near the end
    In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that.
    3 dragon quests then a triforce quest a total of 4 spirit leaf missions 3 imprisoned boss fights. completion time, 61. hrs WARNING!!!! Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over
    In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that.
    3 dragon quests
    then a triforce quest
    a total of 4 spirit leaf missions
    3 imprisoned boss fights.
    completion time, 61. hrs
    WARNING!!!!
    Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over your progress.

Skyward Sword is like a semester of school
    first you solve a puzzle, then you are given that same puzzle with different variations.
    You are given chapters with weapons that solve these puzzles in a specific manner.
    You will then have to memorize these puzzles because you will be given a test to solve them again during the later levels. If you fail, you can look in the back of the book a la stone guide.

This is a game that works both your senses and your reflexes. Not too many games require this kind of skill. This game will be remembered far more than recent Zelda titles. It brings back the old spirit that was left behind during the snes days. Best of all, they brought back the beam that fires from the sword. This is the first 3d Zelda to include this mechanic.
  83. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm leaving this review to counter all the idiots that give stupidly low reviews. I'm sure none of them have even touched Skyward Sword. The graphics are beautiful, and anyone saying they aren't because they aren't realistic is just a complete idiot. The controls work perfectly. If you think they don't you're probably a retard that has bright lights around while you're playing the game.I'm leaving this review to counter all the idiots that give stupidly low reviews. I'm sure none of them have even touched Skyward Sword. The graphics are beautiful, and anyone saying they aren't because they aren't realistic is just a complete idiot. The controls work perfectly. If you think they don't you're probably a retard that has bright lights around while you're playing the game. The game is amazing and anyone with a Wii needs to get it. If you don't have a Wii, find one and get this game. Expand
  84. Nov 24, 2011
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever created.

It is doubtful that the game will win over new converts, but for series faithfuls, this game represents the apotheosis of the series' style. Everything that makes a Zelda game a Zelda game is in perfect form in this wonderful game. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous, with an art style reminiscent of both the whimsical Wind Waker and the
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever created.

The scenery is absolutely gorgeous, with an art style reminiscent of both the whimsical Wind Waker and the darker Twilight Princess - it looks as if ripped straight from an oil painting. The combat is seamless - it feels incredibly fluid and natural. The story has a brilliant mythical quality that gives the entire series a sort of origin myth all its own.

If you have ever loved a Zelda game, this is a must play.
  85. Nov 21, 2011
    While I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzlesWhile I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzles are new, the characters are new, the world is new and even the story is new. Everything feels very fresh and rich, like the first time we touched upon Ocarina of Time in 1998.

Not everything is perfect, so a full 10 is out of the question. The controls are a bit clunky and the Wii Motion Plus only adds painful muscles to the experience, the new companion is also rather annoying and feels like a copy of GlaDos from portal.

However, the faults are too small to actually ruin the game for me and Skyward Sword makes the franchise fresh for another 25 years.
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    Just an amazing games. Don't mind these trolls who are marking this game down for no reason. Buy this! It's worth the time and money. Controls are just fine, graphics are probably the best the wii has to offer, and it's just an all-around enjoyable experience.
  87. Nov 20, 2011
    The controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solveThe controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solve puzzles, beat boss, done. They actually make a whole area in the game a open ended dungeon, having certain things sealed off until you have the right weapons to access them, almost like a metroid approach, something some fans will hate but most will like the change of pace from the tired formula zelda has always stuck to. it is very challenging as well making you think about where to slice your enemy next without just mashing a button or waggling around like in past games, and the bosses are extremely creative an difficult making them the best in the series to date. It really is what the wii was made for and is a must buy for anyone who is a fan of the series. Expand
  88. Nov 22, 2011
    Don't believe negative reviews. There is a reason the gaming media did not give this game a single "Mixed" review. Must purchase. The Wii's game library has built itself up for this game. You will see aspects of just about every Nintendo Wii game manifest itself in this game.
  89. Nov 21, 2011
    It's Nintendo. It's Zelda. It's Wii motion control done correctly. It's a ten! ;)
    There is no doubt in my mine, even after just 12 hours on it, that it's the best 3D Zelda ever made!
  90. Nov 21, 2011
    10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity,10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity, even while she is something fun and calculator. The control of the sword is the evolution we expected to see 5 years ago. Hours and hours of exploration, unexpected, exciting story. In short, a memorable milestone of Zelda in its 25 years of existence. Expand
  91. Nov 22, 2011
    This is a really really good game, the controls work very well after you get used to them, you can NOT waggle your way through, people who say you can obviously didn't make it out of Skyloft before doing their reviews. It's a really good story, the relationships feel less forced this time around and the characters are creative and come to life throughout the game. The people who have beenThis is a really really good game, the controls work very well after you get used to them, you can NOT waggle your way through, people who say you can obviously didn't make it out of Skyloft before doing their reviews. It's a really good story, the relationships feel less forced this time around and the characters are creative and come to life throughout the game. The people who have been giving this game a 0 are idiots, some named good points meaning the game to them obviously was somewhat good to them, they are just giving 0s to be trolls. I personally believe this game deserves a 9.5 I wouldn't give any game a 10 but this game comes close to it. Expand
  92. Nov 21, 2011
    Nintendo is trying to innovate instead of creating another OoT clone; In my opinion, they've succeeded. The controls are well done, the story is great, the characters are nicely developed and likable. Instead of vast open unfilled areas they've condensed it to three areas that you visit multiple times, unlocking a new area each time. Some might consider this a 'lack of content', but thatNintendo is trying to innovate instead of creating another OoT clone; In my opinion, they've succeeded. The controls are well done, the story is great, the characters are nicely developed and likable. Instead of vast open unfilled areas they've condensed it to three areas that you visit multiple times, unlocking a new area each time. Some might consider this a 'lack of content', but that is just not true.
    I've heard a lot of people complain about the controls, but they are just waggling the wiimote like an idiot; It's very responsive and adds to the immersion.

I give this game a 9/10 with the only actual gripe I have with it being the amount of fetch quests.
  93. Nov 26, 2011
    A phenomenal effort that showcases great strides for the Zelda series and how to do motion gaming right.

Though it will be prone to exaggeration, the controls are extremely solid enough to sway gamers that think flailing is the answer; its at a point where if one has to overly swing or exert too much effort (a common exaggerated gripe of many Wii games), the problem likely lies with the player or the player's position. The controls are very accurate and it shouldn't take any trouble for anyone to master, whether its swordplay, item usage, or flying the Loftwing.

Adding game play aspects, like upgrading, further add to the series, enabling and setting the stage for further progression. Even the menu screen lists the current objective, making it easier for players to remember where they had left off, should one have to leave and not play for awhile. The combat, this time around, actually requires more thought and strategy, giving a sense of vulnerability that hasn't been experienced since Zelda II.

This game represents a major step in the right direction for the Zelda series in the coming years. All aspects of the game, including lore, have been vastly improved, further pulling you into its world and taking you on a journey of legendary proportions. This title is more than worthy of standing side-by-side with Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past, two games that are held to lofty, and deserved standards. This step is also one that many developers need to take note of. This is the right way to make a great motion oriented game. Not to use gestures to replace a button press for the sake of being different, but making it a natural fit to the game utilizing it.

Its a shame that people will simply work toward finding too many worthless faults with this epic, instead of embracing it for what it accomplishes. This is a worthy contender for Game of the Year, no doubt about it.
  94. Nov 27, 2011
    A tip for those playing Skyward Sword on HDTVs: turn your sharpness setting all the way down, along with shutting off edge enhancement. The game's art style is gorgeous, but on a TV made to run at 1080p those jaggy edges don't do it justice. These settings add a subtle blur that brings out the painterly qualities of the graphics.

16 hours in, feeling like this might supplant Wind Waker as

16 hours in, feeling like this might supplant Wind Waker as my favorite Zelda title. Since I'm not done I set my score at 8, so I wouldn't impact the Zeros v. Tens war that y'all always seem to be waging.
  95. Nov 28, 2011
    Zelda has never let me down and this year is no different. The motion controls, which was heavily promoted by Nintendo, is actually really good, not perfect but still manageable compared to other games. With practice, the game's controls are close to accurate and I almost felt like I am Link, fending off foes and solving puzzles. The atmosphere, the dungeons, the story, almost everythingZelda has never let me down and this year is no different. The motion controls, which was heavily promoted by Nintendo, is actually really good, not perfect but still manageable compared to other games. With practice, the game's controls are close to accurate and I almost felt like I am Link, fending off foes and solving puzzles. The atmosphere, the dungeons, the story, almost everything seems different, if not too different, from the Zelda games I have played. The story is not too different from the formula, but it does give me a little more insight on the future relationship between Zelda and Link, it's more personal than ever. There is no voice acting, but I think its nothing important with this game as the characters are expressive in their own way. The dungeons are completely vast despite the fact that it is not as much of an open world as previous installments. I feel good about completing dungeons because the journey is just as exhilarating as the destination. I know some might not like the things I have mentioned above, but for those who are willing to have an open mind and appreciate what this game can give, then its a worthwhile experience. Expand
  96. Nov 28, 2011
    This is one of the best games for the Wii! Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This is the game the Wii was built for! This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to goThis is one of the best games for the Wii! Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This is the game the Wii was built for! This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to go back to controllers. Wii motion plus is what Zelda is made for. This Zelda is one of the best Zelda game ever. First of all the gameplay is great, with the wiimote plus everything you do will be recognized and its really impressive. But because it uses the gyro instead of using the sensor bar you will often of to recenter the wiimote while using items like the slingshot. Graphics are really wonderfull, its are the best you can find on wii. I believe this is as good as Ocarina of time. They tried innovating and succeeded! This game makes old gamers happy and new people to the series as well. They changed a lot of new things but in a way that did not disappoint people who loved the formula and got tired of the formula. 25 hours till now playing the game ,controls are very impressive,clever, initiative . the important part that i have the same feeling in Ocarina of time the Depth of game play the value that i want to replay the dungeons and visit the area than one Time. The graphics are the best wii can get. The gameplay with the wii controller is superb. Absolutely fantastic. It's colorful, it's challenging, and while it's reasonably accessible for new players it does none of the claustrophobic hand-holding that many other recent Zeldas have done. The combat is a massive improvement over Twilight Princess, the motion controls being precise, responsive, and making combat an actual treat. Expand
  97. Nov 20, 2011
    This game definitely deserves a 10/10 the story is amazing the graphics and art are creative (YOU DO NOT NEED TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS TO MAKE A GOOD GAME) it has very cute and witty scenes but still keeping the serious moments in place and meaningful.The characters are just as good as the others i find my self liking just the common skyloft folk.as for the controls they need some gettingThis game definitely deserves a 10/10 the story is amazing the graphics and art are creative (YOU DO NOT NEED TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS TO MAKE A GOOD GAME) it has very cute and witty scenes but still keeping the serious moments in place and meaningful.The characters are just as good as the others i find my self liking just the common skyloft folk.as for the controls they need some getting used to also they take practice,(but god forbid anyone needing to practice in a video game) but after you get used to it the controls are fun and challenging,When Im fighting monsters I find my self having to think before i swing (which might be a burden for some stupid people) and actually having to fake out the monsters. all said and done its for a select few if you don't like challenges don't get it,if you only like gun totting super soldier Michael bay explosion games don't get it,this is also not for people with a short attention span its a Legend of Zelda game its praised on its challenges and its long story's and quests. This may not be for everyone and if you start sucking at it just watch the info video about it. Expand
  98. Nov 20, 2011
    Excelente en todos los aspectos, otro clasico mas para el catalogo de Nintendo. Goob job Ninty, keep the good work, and congrats. Graphics, Sound, History and the Gameplay are excelent. This is the best Zelda game to date period. and one of the best game this Year.
  99. Dec 1, 2011
    Twilight Princess for me; I've been forcing myself to play skyward sword, it's the first Zelda game i dislike. I brought all the Zelda games on there launch dates; I'm so surprisingly shocked at my hate for this game..........(MY OPINION ONLY) it feels like a dumbed down Dark cloud 2 (visuals and gameplay wise) with bad music, and link seems to be weaker than previous versions. Oh; and whyTwilight Princess for me; I've been forcing myself to play skyward sword, it's the first Zelda game i dislike. I brought all the Zelda games on there launch dates; I'm so surprisingly shocked at my hate for this game..........(MY OPINION ONLY) it feels like a dumbed down Dark cloud 2 (visuals and gameplay wise) with bad music, and link seems to be weaker than previous versions. Oh; and why are the puzzles so easy? Poor Pacing; repetive objectives, and ugly characters. on the upside i did get a gold wii remote out of it :) Collapse

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.