7.9

1. Aug 4, 2012
    I have a soft spot for Zelda from way back, this game cured me of it. Probably the most frustrating thing is sitting through constant dialogue screens. You cannot fast forward them and have to sit as page after page of boring inane rubbish (gee you look good in that green uniform...click A for next). And the text just crawls slowly across the screen. Waiting, waiting, click A. Waiting, waiting, Click A.

After that terrible bird race, you have to jump off a tower and land inside a circle. If you miss the circle...then try again. Well, try again after sitting through 5 screens of Zelda telling you how to do it, the text just crawls and you cannot fast foward. Ugh. This is even more frustrating than the terrible controls.
  2. Aug 26, 2012
    I've played through Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time, and this is not even close. The first problems being the intro, in the N64 titles the intros are short, sharp and interesting...In Skyward Sword the intro drags along. I think that the introduction (first 2-5 hours) is most important because that can make the difference between someone playing and quitting the game and i dont think that the first hours of gameplay are fun at all. The story in Skyward Sword does also not live up to usual standards. But what were looking at is gameplay. On so the combat is rather fun and maybe even a bit more involving than that of Oot and MM. Saying this, the boss battles are quite tedious and the controls for blocking and rolling are inconvenient. The games items are also pretty interesting. I mean, the claws and the beetle thing are both pretty cool items but on the other hand i find it really repetitive to use the dowsing thing over and over again. One thing they have perfected time and time again in the Zelda series is the soundtrack, and im happy to say at least they got something right with this game. The dungeons are also quite well thought out as usual but lack variation, i mean for example the first dungeon. Confuse the eyeball, shoot the bug, open a door...Rinse and repeat. But in saying all this, i know ive sounded a little harsh on a game from a series that i love. But the wait was very long and it was very disappointing compared to the others. In saying this it is not a bad game, it is just i know they can do better because they have done much much better before. Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2012
    THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!! Ya wanna know why cuz this game has a really good soundtrack, comedy, drama, action to make a videogame cake! I personally love this game it changed my life it got me all fluffy inside when i play it, it made me feel like i can do anything that is why my friends this game is a perfect 10.
  4. Jan 6, 2013
    I have played a long Zelda list games, but Im sure that this game is the worst Zelda in 3D. Only the Motion was excellent, but the other things, same and same the same thing. With a Lower difficulty, dungeons very easy and not workered.
    This is a poor Zelda production.
  5. Jun 25, 2013
    I hated skyward sword. The whole thing felt like it was made for a toddler. I felt like the producers focused so much on the new controls that the let the storyline, soundtrack, and graphics slip by. The characters felt really awkward. Fi drove me over the wall she had to pop up to let me know that the annoying beeping noise is my life is almost gone not to mention that she was giving me statistics for the most obvious facts. Girihim was a freak. I was not impressed at all. Expand
  6. Jul 14, 2013
    Truly a disappointment. The motion control sucks ass. It doesn't always work and it's tiresome to play with. Also, its pointless. It would be both easier and better to use normal controls. The only reason the game had any difficulty is because the controls are useless and broken.

Other then that, the game had meaningless conversations, a boring story, you couldn't explore, the dialogue
    was slow, and meaningless boring missions. Didn't even want to make it all the way through the game, it was to bad. There was no pleasure in playing it. My brother felt the very same way and neither of us played through it. Expand
  7. Feb 9, 2012
    I am astounded at the positive reviews for this game. I am a lifelong gamer and a longtime Zelda fan, so I've been trying very hard to like it, but I finally reached my limit and had to quit playing altogether. It would be a fine Zelda game if not for the Motion Plus controls. I love the concept of 1-to1 sword fighting, but it just is not responsive enough to be a satisfying experience for me. A good one in three strikes is misinterpreted, if not more. Sometimes, much, much more! I can't fathom how so many people can actually enjoy that experience. I have tried multiple controllers, I have replaced the batteries over and over, thinking it was a problem with my controllers, but the result is always the same. Overall it's okay...sometimes it's terrible, and sometimes it is rather engaging. It doesn't break the game, but it's far from the groundbreaking experience that many people are claiming. If that was all they used the motion plus for, it would probably be a great addition.

As far as the Zelda-ness of it, it's an excellent Zelda game. The classic game elements are all as good as ever, the dungeons are huge and smart, the puzzles are fun and well designed. For all my frustration, I've pushed through so I could get to more of that stuff, the stuff I love about Zelda. Finally, on a very late level in the game (after you get the bow), I died over and over on the boss because my shield kept popping up when I was supposed to prepare a skyward strike. The battle required the same mechanic earlier on, and I didn't have this problem, so it might be a bug...still, it was the last straw. By the time I managed to unequip my shield, I had used all my potions and I died soon after. Aside from that, I found the use of the motion controls -- outside of sword fights -- to be just as intrusive and silly as in Twilight Princess, if not even more so. Virtually every menial task you have to perform requires some use of the motion plus. Swinging on vines, balancing on ropes, aiming and throwing projectiles, etc. It was tedious the first time I had to do it...and made worse by the fact that it actually expects some level of precision. I preferred TP's controls because they were just translated button presses, and you didn't have to worry about holding the stupid controller at the right stupid angle to do something stupid. That's not fun or immersive or meaningful, it's stupid! The one thing other than sword fighting that was actually fun was shooting the bow. The pull-back mechanic was really satisfying for some reason. Anyway, it's hard not to recommend this for Zelda fans, because it's more Zelda. It's definitely a Zelda game. If you're a Zelda fan and you're dying for a fix, it's probably worth picking up right now. If you're curious but you aren't convinced, I'd definitely recommend waiting for it to go on sale. It's worth trying, if you like Zelda. The controls are a real mixed bag, and for me they make it more frustrating than fun. At the same time, everything else is there to make it a great game. The world is gigantic and filled with stuff to do. The dungeons are enormous, the new gadgets are fun, the puzzles are as good as ever. Argh, I'm so frustrated because I want to play it so badly but it's just no fun!
  8. Dec 4, 2011
    This is a fantastic Zelda game, without a doubt. The story is as rich as ever and accompanied by great characters (perhaps not a strong as Wind Waker's cast) and a stellar musical score. The controls have been entirely reworked to fit the Wii's Motion Plus and, for the most part, it works great. The art direction is gorgeous, having a water paint filter over distant objects. The bosses and swordfights in the game are a lot of fun, although it means that there are less enemies in favor of more challenging fights. However, the game is still pretty easy on the first run and the game doesn't have enough punishments for dying or failing a puzzle.

The overworld is a bit disappointing. Where Wind Waker had multiple creative islands, Skyward Sword has only a handful of platforms. There also only one town, which is saddening. There are only three different areas, each containing two dungeons centering around that regions climate and style. The dungeons themselves are fairly short, but there are usually pre-dungeon areas that you must go through to reach them. Boss Fights are vastly improved from the last console Zelda and practically ooze creativity.

As I said earlier, the motion controls work well for the most part. That doesn't mean they don't have issues. The pointer needs to be centered a couple dozen times each play session and you'll likely need to re-calibrate the motion plus two or three times. Even then, some swings are easily misread. Thrusts are near-impossible to do when in a combat situation and require the utmost concentration to pull off, which can be excruciatingly frustrating when an enemy requires such a strike. The nunchuk is very sensitive in the game and is used for two functions; Shield Thrusts and the Spin Attack. On more than one occasion I found myself accidently pulling out my shield when trying to scratch my nose or adjust glasses. My complaints are mostly just nit-picking, but it can be really annoying to die due to a misread swing.

Overall, Skyward Sword is totally worth a purchase at any price. The game is lengthy, filled with that Nintendo-style charm and topped off with some of the best music in the entire Zelda franchise. I hope Nintendo can fix some of the issues in the next game and give us one of the best Zelda's yet.
  9. Nov 10, 2013
    Easily one of the worst Zeldas I've played, and I've played most of them.

Controls are atrocious, the motion sensing doesn't add anything except frustration. As with the latest DS Zeldas, they are recycling the same gameplay over and over again. I suppose I could say that for most recent Nintendo games Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart nothing new or improved in any of them.

Hopefully the
    new Zelda 3DS game will be better, it really couldn't be worse. Expand
  10. Sep 5, 2012
    Excellent story and characters, the items are very good too, there is no item that you stop using throughout the game. And the controls are simply amazing, it is 100% accurate and is probably going to shape future games!
  11. Dec 7, 2011
    Easily the second best 3D Zelda. It has the most focus on puzzles throughout the entire game than any other Zelda. The Wii m otion plus is actually pretty decent, and provides an interesting combat system that we haven't seen before, and actually, one that I would really like to see again, if they could do it in a unique way. The only problem people seem to have is that trying to stab sometimes doesn't work very well. If you stab a little bit more slowly you can usually get it to work consistently, but that's easy to say when I'm not in the heat of combat. But other than that the slicing motions are very responsive and they do exactly what you intend them to do. It also does not have any kind of filler material to the degree some of the other Zelda games had, such as Wind Waker's long sailing distances. There are some slightly long flight distances but honestly it only takes about two minutes or so if I were to guess to fly from one side of the map to the other. So we're not talking anywhere NEAR in the range of Wind Waker's sailing distances. This Zelda game also focused on side quests more than most Zelda games, but still nowhere near the amount of side quests Majora's Mask had. I would like to see another Zelda with Majora's Mask level side quests and non-linearity. The reason I can't give this game a perfect 10 is, well, it's not perfect. The problems I have are very minor, such as the stabbing problem, Fi talking too much and spoiling some puzzles, having to recalibrate the motion plus occasionally, the long intro that the game has, etc. but I wouldn't even be comfortable giving this game a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  12. May 9, 2012
    Skyward sword has it all. Good old zelda game play, memorable characters and a interesting world to explore. Even if your new to the zelda series i would still highly reccomend this game looking for a epic lengthy adventure. Skyward sword is one of he most colorful and best looking games on wii. The game also works great with wii motion plus. This game is simply a masterpiece that should be experienced by anyone who likes games in general. Expand
  13. Jan 16, 2013
    I'll start this review by saying that, while I've enjoyed a number of games in the series, I wouldn't generally consider myself to be a huge Zelda fan. Having heard virtually nothing but positive reviews for this title since its release however I purchased Skyward Sword hoping it would top all the previous games. This may not be the popular opinion but I was left bitterly disappointed as a number of issues meant I failed to garner much enjoyment from the game.

Chief amongst these issues is the tedious opening three to four hours in which the majority of the time is spent listening to characters explain the world in far more detail than is necessary rather than just letting the player explore for themselves. I've never played a game where I found myself wishing that NPCs would just stop talking and let me get on with things quite as much. During this time it also becomes clear just how important HD has become to a games visuals. I'm not someone who is usually too fussed about how a game looks but Skyward Sword looks particularly ugly in places, especially when compared to the gorgeous cel-shaded graphics of The Wind Waker. The much hyped motion-controls, while better than the majority of Wii titles, are also as frustrating as ever in places. There are of course plenty of examples of the usual Nintendo magic to be found throughout the game and Zelda fans will likely be pleased with what they find but this won
  14. Dec 27, 2011
    This game has me addicted. The amount of dislike is boggling my mind, maybe it is people who have never experienced the series or people who just can not get their head around the controls. But I love it. My favorite of the series was Twilight Princess for the Wii, I also loved Ocarina of Time on both the N64 and 3DS, and LTTP on SNES. However this is very quickly becoming my favorite. The setting of the story is one of the best of any game ever, it is brilliant. The freedom of the skies is more interesting and more beautiful than Hyrule Fields which we all have known and loved for the last 10 games pretty much. The loftwing and its brilliant controls make me want to say "Goodbye Epona!" The story of the game is absolutely sensational as well, a backstory to Ocarina of Time? Amazing! Some little tidbits of the game do get a bit frustrating as well, the dialogue does go a bit slower in this one, but that is just a nuisance, nothing game breaking. The really sad part about this game is your guardian. She is really lifeless and boring, Midna is really a hard character to beat, with her sassy attitude, her cool looks, and her backstory. However they are just side characters so it isn't gamebreaking, however I would like to see Midna return in the next game somehow. At least as a side mission or shown in a background story. The controls are actually surprisingly good, if you got the gold Wii remote which looks amazing, the Wii Motion Plus will be no bother to you, and swinging should not get you tired. The swordplay is a bit off most of the time, doing jabs proves to be pretty hard in intense situations, but it gives a bit more of a challenge. The design of the game is pretty amazing, I have walked around Skyloft quite a few times and just marveled at how amazing it looks and how alive it really feels. Through three temples it does feel kind of repetitive, you collect like 3 or 5 of an item, get in the temple and do your business. But the temples really amazing, especially the Earth Temple I loved its design, the lava, the rolling eye, the boss battle was incredible, that short Indiana Jones moment. Everything was just amazingly fun. The graphics are awesome, everyone got their dark Zelda with Twilight Princess and also got toony with Wind Waker. This is a mash up of the two. It looks like Twilight Princess painted with water colors. The graphics are really fantastic for a Wii game. There are no parts that look really gross in terms of graphics.

For all these reasons I say pick this game up without thinking about it. This maybe the last big game for the Wii, and I must say, what a way to go out!
  15. Dec 23, 2011
    If you're a fan of the Zelda series, check this out for the wii motion plus control system, adds an entire new element to the combat system. If you're not a fan of the Zelda series, what rock have you been hiding under, buy a wii, buy this game, save Zelda, be a hero. I've read a couple of bad reviews saying motion lag, and that the controls don't work properly (e.g. you can't control which direction you swing the sword from), personally I have no idea what they're talking about, I can only assume they have the wii sensor bar buried underneath a mountain of junk, or that they don't know their left from their right, if you can't control THIS game, it's not the game, you as a gamer just have very bad coordination reminiscent of 12 year olds that tantrum when people won't let them win whilst playing HALO online....
    Overall, this is a fantastic game, typical of Nintendo, graphics are polished, although my one criticism is that of the console, this game would've looked fantastic in 1080p, but oh well. Musical score is fantastic. Controls are brilliant. The puzzles have been well thought out and really challenge you even if you're used to Zelda style puzzles. The major thing that blew me away however, was the story, I found myself wanting to save Zelda, wanting to help people, wanting to find out the dark past of the land. Buy it, you will not be disappointed.
  16. dz9
    Jan 13, 2012
    What I hate about most mainstream reviews on this game is that they seem to drive on the fact that everyone is SUPPOSE to like Zelda. They seem to forget that the controls only work 35% of the time, lots of time you'll find yourself throwing more slashes than you wants which sometimes means game over, lots of times Link will swing the opposite way you actually swing which can cost you a heart, they seem to forget the fact that you have to constantly recalibrate, I don't care that it is easy to calibrate, the damage is still there, you still have to take time out of the action constantly just to calibrate the remote, they seem to forget that the new stamina bar is more limiting than it is strategic, they seem to forget the long unnecessary loading times between areas, and they seem to forget the fact that Link can't make clear turns which constantly cause you to mess up in the dungeons. BUT WHAT THEY DO SEEM TO REMEMBER IS the cleverly designed graphics, the focus on story, the innovative new way of the world map, and the cool new tools in Link's arsenal. The Good: graphics, story, innovations in world map and tools, and a few cool utilizations with the Wiimote. The Bad: the wiimote can't handle the game, too many loading screens, unresponsive moving controls, and the stale stamina bar. I LOVE Zelda games just as much as everyone else, i even loved Twilight Princess, seeing the main developer of Zelda show off the tech behind this and seeing that the game was even messing up for him in front of a live audience made the game look embarrassing. I'm glad to report that the game is controlled better than the time of the tech demonstration that I just mentioned, and the 35% of the time that it works, it works beautifully. It's hard not to imagine the possibilities of this game if it was hosted on the Kinect or Move, it's not just the Wiimote that can't handle the game... its the Wii in general. Most of the flaws in the game is not the games fault, it is the Wii's... the game is utterly and drastically limited by the Wii's tech. Maybe and hopefully this game will be much better on the WiiU. In the End... this is a good game: FOR THE WII, but on the scale of what most games can do now, it falls flat Expand
  17. Feb 11, 2012
    Oh and stop **** about the damn controls... You **** are probably just swinging your Wiimotes wildly like jackass 4 yr olds... Take your time and play like you are actually holding a sword. The realness of gameplay is there if you do this. People can not even swing a full size sword like you can with a controller. Why is Link any different??
  18. May 1, 2012
    Skyward Sword deserves to be thought of just as highly as Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, two of my favorite games for their respective systems. There's no question that Skyward Sword will be one of the top games in the Wii's lifetime. The change in controls gives new perspective on how gamers can play a Zelda game, let alone an adventure game, and makes it more than just another iteration of what I consider to be one of Nintendo's top-tier series. The new setting is full of winks and nods to the games that preceded it and an avid Zelda fan like myself can't help but light up when a reference is noticed. I've played a lot of great games this year, but no other game has made me feel so good about enjoying my time with it. Skyward Sword is engaging, accessible and highly capable of being considered a classic by many in this gaming generation. Expand
  19. Dec 9, 2011
    Is is wrong to mark a game down for only being 98% pure awesome? Skyward Sword takes a little while to get going and once it does it's not exactly at a breakneck pace. With about 40-50 hours for a first play through (and hero mode if you feel like a second) it's not a game your going to knock over in a weekend, but it is definitely a fun experience throughout and a wonderful change of pace from Shooter Season 2011 :/. The controls are generally quite good, with the 1:1 swordplay working well and being used smartly and creatively throughout the game. That said there is still some waggle action to had here, so your motions don't have to be prefect all the time, but most enemies will punish you if slice the wrong way too often and there are some basic physics in play that cause enemies / objects to get knocked / thrown in the direction of your attack. The art style / graphics are a bit of a matter of taste; personally I would have preferred something little darker; but they are generally very good (just look away whenever someone 'sings') with areas like those around timeshift stones (especially the portable variety) and the final boss fight being particular highlights. Speaking of timeshift stones there are some great new mechanics is Skyward Sword, some a little under developed, but most proving quite enjoyable. There is also the new upgrade system, which works well in the early game, but by about mid game you'll have all the resources you need to max out pretty much all your gear... this does give you plenty of time at 'full power' I suppose, but it would have been nice to see a few more items / upgrade options. Gameplay overall is what you would expect from a Zelda game, with enemies to fight, temples to explore, puzzles to solve (though none especially difficult) and treasures to find. Of particular note are the boss fights, all of which range from excellent to awesome, and most of which can be repeated (if you want) through a mini game towards the end. The world is well designed and some of the temples are truly excellent, however it can't help but feel small with Skyloft being mostly empty sky and only three distinct environments down below. The main areas down below are visited numerous times (though usually with changes, some quite significant) throughout the story, however there are still new areas that unlock right until the end of the game so the world never gets entirely stale. The story is your usual 'hero saves the princess from the evil monster' variety, but it is well told, and there are side missions you can do around Skyloft that help flesh-out a lot of the minor characters. While not being quite perfect, Skyward Sword is definitely a worthy entry in the Zelda series and worth playing if only to experience some of the greatest moments in gaming this year. A must play for anyone who still has a Wii. Expand
  20. Dec 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me just say this: Skyward Sword was one of the best gaming experiences yet for me. The masterful use of the blended Wind Waker/Twilight Princess art style is truly amazing. The story is the best yet, and it leaves you aching the whole way through (In a good way!) The Wii Motion Plus makes your sword move 1:1 and makes fighting enemies for the first time like a puzzle. This game sets up events for the next games, and, spoiler, the creation of the legendary Master Sword. This is the first game in which Link gains the entire Triforce, and it explains why our green-clad hero is always up against a big baddie. If you are a fan of the series, definitely pick it up. Expand
  21. Nov 29, 2011
    This is a very good game but it isnt perfect like so many people are saying. Ive played every Zelda game before this one and I would put this one third in the series (behind OT and MM which are as close to perfect as any games ever been) mainly because of a couple irks I have with it. The motion control takes time to learn but once I figured out to swing my whole arm and not just flick it like in TP it worked fine. Dungeon design in this game is by far the best of the series and a couple of the boss fights will leave your jaw dropped (Bhudda / Final boss). Now my irks, which are small compared to what this game does right but there nontheless. The story is fine, it was just too predictable. This ones probably my fault and no fault of the game but I guessed the "twist" in the game and the ending scene before they happened, so it kinda made me feel empty when they happened with nothing else. The biggest problem I had was with the music and let me clarify this, the music was different in that it was all orchestral but in doing so there were no new original tracks that really caught my attention and actually took away from the atmosphere of the game. It was too cheery, all the time (even during the boss fights). I actually believe that if they had original NON ORCHESTRAL scores and side quests as vast as MM then this would have been a perfect game, but alas not. Overall though very good Zelda experiance and definately one of the top games in the series, just not perfect yet. Expand
  22. May 31, 2012
    Overall a enjoyable and long game, any Nintendo, Zelda and Adventure fan will want to get this game instantly. You will not regret it, not only will the game offer a long playtime but also a enjoyable adventure, enjoyable music, enjoyable gameplay as well. Only downside is you would have to buy a Wii Motion Plus control but that should not be a problem as they are either cheap or most players should already have one available at this point of the Wii's life. Expand
  23. Apr 5, 2012
    Nintendo brings a new flavor of dungeon'ing and exploring to Zelda, though it has repercussions that weaken the foundations on which the series was built on. The artwork and design are colourful and beautiful, and add a vibrant atmosphere to every area, but the problem that arises with the setting is that they are confined. Zelda fans should be well accustomed to being able to explore a vast amount of environments, that's part of the appeal of the series. Unfortunately SS restricts the players ability to travel from one area to another, and so a feeling of disconnection arises, like how you do when you have to go back to a menu in a game to pick a new destination. You no longer feel as immersed in the gameplay. Monsters are few and far between, though they are spread over larger areas. The motions of defeating them become repetitive, just as pressing a certain button repeatedly would. The motion controls do not feel natural because of inaccuracy, lag and the need to calibrate often. This also causes the motion controls to not feel anymore realistic than pressing buttons would, you've only changed how you send commands.

The characters and plot felt bland and empty. Your companion for the game in particular, who will also give away many puzzles in the game before you can even take a crack at them. The final battle and ending left me dissatisfied, but given the story that led up to it, that wasn't surprising.

Overall, the game should be played through to the end before you review it. Too many seemed to jump on the bandwagon of excitement, played it for a few hours, gave it critical acclaim, and then had second thoughts later. It's a game worth playing, if not just to make your own opinion about the motion controls. Those expecting a dynamic journey with a great story and character development that doesn't make you roll your eyes, may be disappointed.
  24. Dec 11, 2011
    Controls:
    Great Motion controls. Swinging the sword and using items like the whip or flying beetle is very fun. The Wiimote seems to use the sensor bar to auto calibrate itself and thus it will get confused if there's another source of infrared light in the room such as sun from the window. For best results, play during night time. The sword stabbing can be a bit unresponsive at times
    but everything else is works pretty good.

Game Design:
    Wonderful, inventive and brilliant dungeon design, especially the very last dungeon. The entire world under the clouds is pretty much one big dungeon. The outdoor environments are complex enough to be interesting but not too complex to be confusing. Every confrontation is engaging thanks to the added motion controls, especially the boss fights. The last boss fights are extremely long and satisfying. The game constantly provides new activities to challenge you with so it never gets too repetitive. There are times however, where you know exactly where to go (and have the ability to do so) but the game forces to follow an exact order of events before your objective can be complete. For instance, at one point you have retrieve a specific lost item in land. Even though you can stand right next to the lost item you cannot interact with it until you first speak with owner. There's also a specific underwater fetch quest near the end of the game that is very uninteresting and seems forced. The overworld above the clouds is fun to navigate but very sparse in content. These are, however, just 3 minor complaints going against the game's overall excellent, engaging and plentiful puzzles and combat scenarios.

Story:
    A decent story that is more complex and richer than previous Zelda titles. Nice to see the supporting cast members have a more significant role.

Graphics:
    Artistically, this is very pretty. This time the game seems to have Asia influence in its art design which is a nice change to it usually Medial European look.

Overall:
    Excellent motion controls. Excellent level designs. Great variety of gamplay. A few hiccups with the Wiimotion plus technology and minor game design flaws keep it from a getting higher. But as it stands this is hands down, the best game in the Legend of Zelda series.
  25. Dec 7, 2011
    This game is beautiful, gorgeous and has the smooth control minigames we've waited for for years. Legend of Zelda has shown us once again that they rule nintendo by using that beautiful formula of puzzles, tough bosses and showing us collectibles we cant have while keeping a fresh and innovative touch staying ahead and giving us games to remember.
  26. Dec 8, 2011
    I am a die hard zelda fan. It's literally the only game I continue to look forward to and play. I grew up with it being the exact same age of the game and was so exited to get it for my birthday. I've read all the reviews watched all the videos and was dying to play it. As soon as I put the cd in I was very disappointed by the graphics. They look old and grainy. That might be because of the wii console i'm not sure but that doesn't excuse the lack of background story in the game. After Ocarina of Time, games began to have less and less story substance behind them. What I loved about the first N64 game is that every "race" had a whole society, each had it's own culture, traditions, legends and side quests. Twilight princess was a great improvement to Wind Waker. But the point is sometimes you get tired of playing a constant battle in the game and want to chill out with side quests, it's disappointing how they are locked and only a few are available at the same time. This new game seems a little .. empty on that side. For new players it's still a very good entertaining game. But for Zelda Lifers it's going to come as a bit of disappointment were you feel more like your controlling a game character than if your actually part of the story line game. Expand
  27. Dec 16, 2011
    This game rocks. Zelda never disappoints me. I had a great time figuring out puzzles and leveling up my items to help me. Never a dull moment here. Blah Blah Blah Blah. Awesome. Ble bleed blee.
  28. Dec 9, 2011
    I wanted to give this game a perfect 10, I really did. Skyward Sword is a great game. But I couldn't help but feel something was missing afterwards. I went in with extremely high expectations, and it did meet a lot of them. The controls are fantastic. They make you feel like you're weilding the sword itself. The graphics aren't HD, but that's not what it was trying to do. The art style is a perfect balance between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and it captures the spirit of Zelda perfectly. The gameplay was typical Zelda (which itself is a good thing) with a few changes, like the hub world, and one that I hope sticks with the series, upgradeable items and breakable shields. It made your rupees and collectibles worth something, and throughout the whole game I was compelled to find different items to make my items better.
    I think my gripe, however, is with the actual pacing of the story, mainly the 2nd half, as it actually starts to drag down the gameplay with fetch quests. There is a lot of "go here, talk to this person, go there, collect this, go back here, wait I need one more thing, go there again." Maybe that's a little bit of an exadgerration, but by the tail end of the game I really wanted to move along with the story, because it gets interesting. I got the feeling the developers wanted to add a little more play time in, but I personally would have preferred less play time in the story mode than to start getting bored by it. And by the time you get all these quests out of the way and make your way to the final leg of the game, it's over in a flash. Be warned; the epic finale of Ocarina of Time, this is not. I definately missed that feeling during the games last moments. The ending felt rushed, and left me wanting more, but not in a good way. Overall, Skyward Sword is definately earning the praise it's been getting, but there's still something missing. Next time, hopefully Nintendo will keep introducing us to awesome new gameplay elements right up until the very end of the game instead of sacrificing quality for quantity.
  29. Dec 9, 2011
    This is a great game. I have been a Zelda fan since the original came out for the NES. I am about 30 hours into the game and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute (yes even the introduction). The motion controls are glitchy (as others have mentioned); however, they are pretty good for being new technology. When they do get off-centered, they are easily re-calibrated. The thing that I enjoy most about the game is how much more difficult enemy encounters are. In any other Zelda game I usually can hack and slash my way through any non boss enemy. In this game, nearly every enemy requires strategy and thought. I have been hearing a lot of criticism about the graphics. I feel like Zelda fans generally appreciate the typical cartoony graphics and Nintendo is appealing to its typical client base. Also, when have realistic graphics every made a game good. There are tons of games out there that have amazing graphics but lack substance and aren't fun. If you are a real Zelda fan, this game probably will not be disappointing. Expand
  30. Dec 9, 2011
    Zelda introduces next gen gameplay paradigms, resulting in a fun, unique game with a great story. Even the much-maligned motion controls work well. Yet the game is still uniquely Zelda. Kudos to Nintendo.
  31. Dec 10, 2011
    Let's just say, this game is an absolute masterpiece. This is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. Nintendo perfectly blended beautiful music, a great art style, a surprisingly deep story, and perfect controls into this. The 5 years of work paid off amazingly.
  32. Dec 11, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. The story is immersive, the gameplay is extremely enjoyable and will take you a very decent amount of time to fully complete. Also the addition of Hero Mode extends the time you will likely spend playing this absolutely fantastic game. For those of you who really appreciate the music in a game, Skyward Sword will have you begging for a Soundtrack release - the music is utterly great. Finally, the Nintendo Wii has become the games console it was always intended to be with the release of a truly majestic game in the form of a ground-breakingly good adventure.
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword completely justifies the purchase of a Nintendo Wii, if only for this title.
  33. Dec 15, 2011
    sin duda un zelda q desta entre los demas es mucho mas emotivo y expresivo en lo que es la personalidad de los personajes , una gran historia y un control mas que satisfactorio y q le agrega muchas funcionalidades al juego ademas de hacerlo mas entretenido
  34. Dec 18, 2011
    The long 5 year wait has finally come to an end and we finally have our hands on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I begin this review by stating that even if it took twenty years longer it would still be worth the wait. Sometimes it feels the wii was built so we could play this game, this game alone proves that motion controls are the way of the future, that nintendo was right. The 1 to 1 combat is just flawless, the enemies are challenging and require some thinking to defeat. And speaking of thinking the dungeons have the best puzzles the whole series has to offer, heck the entire game is the best the whole series has to offer. The story is fantastic, with unimaginable twists. By far the best wii game, the best zelda game, the best game ever to date. Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2011
    This game is truly a masterpiece, it goes even farther, by saying that this is the definition of epic. The motion controls are truly excellent. The visuals are beautiful and truly exploit the Wii limited hardware. The orchestrated music is a very good one. The story is fantastic. With being said i can say this game is truly must-have for everyone
  36. Dec 29, 2011
    WHY SO MUCH HATE? This is my first review and I will put this game a 10! you know why? is not because I'm a Zelda fan or a Wii fan... IT'S BECAUSE THIS GAME DESERVES IT! The motion control is NOT PERFECT, but it works very good. The graphics are perfect for being a Wii game. If this game was for PS or Xbox360 the graphics would be really bad but you can't expect perfect graphics for a Wii game like Zelda, maybe for Mario. The plot is captivating and shows us the beginning of the franchise... Now, the formula WORKS AND WILL DO FOREVER! I will never show it's age because it's like this and there are other game like Skyrim and Call of Duty that have almost the same gameplay but with different story for all their games... but they're still good games and.. well, this game is awesome and the music is great so, I really recommend this. jl0329 commented a review for Dinasty Warriors? THIS IS SKYWARD SWORD FOCKING IDIOT!!! Expand
  37. Dec 29, 2011
    A worthy successor to the Zelda mythos. Addition of motion controls is overrated, but does add another layer to the game play. I have to keep remembering what motions to make in order to do the finishing moves, but still worth the game time. Flying becomes a bit tedious in the same way that riding trains became tedious in Spirit Tracks, especially when my arms started to hurt. But for a first party effort from Nintendo, worth picking up and adding to the collection. Not willing to say if it's better than Twilight Princess just yet, but I'm glad I picked it up. Expand
  38. Oct 29, 2012
    Easily the best Zelda since Majora's Mask and the biggest leap forward in modern gaming since Ocarina of Time. The controls are flawless, the combat is fluent, the puzzle-solving is top-notch, and the music is easily the best in the franchise. Any Wii owner would be a fool to miss out on this work of art. Truly a masterpiece.
  39. Jan 12, 2012
    This game was AMAZING! I just finished it and I have to say it was something new. For those of you saying it needs something new WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??? The game has changed all the controls and the way the game works in a completely new manner. It's the same great epic story served on a different plate amazing music amazing new tools JUST FUN.
  40. Jan 17, 2012
    This is a perfect wii game! and such a thrilling adventure! The graphics are just absolutely gorgeous and amazing. The soundtrack is mindblowing and the gameplay is just perfect with the wii motion plus!
  41. Jan 17, 2012
    Dont listen to the dumb trolls on this site...this game is just as good as OOT. Any true Zelda fan will attest to that. This is a game that MUST be owned and played by everyone.
  42. Jan 29, 2012
    This game is a masterpiece. I really can't say one bad thing about this game. This game presents itself in a stunning way, with an easily accessible menu, the upgrade system, the graphics, sound, EVERYTHING. The game has a strong appeal, making you eager to continue the game. What I mean by this is the game is always switching things up. Another thing that astounded me was the graphics. I wasn't really proud of the graphics at first, but trust me, as you progress through the game, you'll fall in love. It's a bit of a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and it proves that games don't need to be HD, 1080p to look good. The Wii Motion Plus works excellent as well. I'm not a big fan of motion controls, which leads to my only complaint (you have to calibrate the controller once in a while), but after playing this game, I don't know if I want the new Zelda to drop motion controls.
    About the graphics, the art style really works well. It fits the mood of the game, and to be honest, it's something that makes me want to replay the game. The gameplay is also great. The combat is much improved, so now you have to swing in different directions, actually have to use your shield in some cases, potions, etc. This game is quite challenging sometimes (compared to the other Zelda games). The upgrade system is pretty cool, although isn't a huge deal. You can upgrade almost any item (for instance, the beetle, you can upgrade it so it has a speed boost) or you can upgrade potions to make them stronger, or have more uses. The exploration is also fun, as throughout the game, you will find Goddess Cubes which you hit with a skyward strike, which unlocks a treasure chest in the sky. There are some sidequests, some of which are not all that fun, while others are a blast. This game lasted me about 52 hours (including all side quests, goddess cubes, etc.). There is even a boss battle mode and a Hero Mode (similar to the master quest in OoT) when you complete the game. As I said in the beginning, this game is a masterpiece. Character development is excellent, story is amazing, and all the other little things that add up with the game. I never thought that Majora's Mask would be placed 2nd out of all my favorite games, but this game definitely deserves the crown. I know this review might seem a little bias, but I honestly can't say anything bad about the game (except having to recalibrate your controller sometimes).
  43. Jan 30, 2012
    As a game I'll give this a 7, but as a Zelda game I'll give it a 5-6.
    Huge disappointment in this game, been a massive zelda fan for about 14years, prior to this one wind waker was the only one I did not finish, not because I couldn't but because I didn't want to.

The game has loads of very tedious tasks that seem only there to lengthen the game. It is very annoying that every time you
    start up the game you always have to discover the weird elements things and bugs all over again, you always have to keep talking to the shop owner to buy something unlike scrolling across like the old games.
    I hated the controls, there was nothing wrong with using a hand controller for zelda, if they really wanted to experiment they should have given you a choice to have the motion or normal controller,
    I had to stop playing after collecting part of a song from Faron, I know the rest of the game is just pretty much that so I'd rather just watch the ending than suffer that tedious task another two times plus the other pointless tasks I'll probably have to do before getting to the end.

If they make another, then I hope they go back like it was in the good old days
  44. Feb 2, 2012
    I game is well enough, I am fan of Zelda, but there is some bugs.
  45. Feb 13, 2012
    By no means this is the best Zelda game ever, for me Majoras Mask, TP and Wind Waker were far better . I believe that Skyward Sword was made so that they could show the limits of the wii motion plus controller. I played 30 hours of it and i could have never imagined that you could use the controller in so many different ways. I would say however that this is good but bad as well, it gets too tiresome in sometimes but nothing that you couldnt bear it. Well, the story is fairly good, i very much appreciate it and enjoyed and made me remember how fantastically a story of a game can be. The sound is good, but zelda standards in this category is too high, so in general was good but you wish it could have been slightly better. the graphics were okay, nothing special but nothing bizarre. Im a huge fan of the zelda franchise so despicte some flaws in this game I really enjoyed overall, my final score would be an 8.5 Expand
  46. Feb 22, 2012
    The controls are heavenly but the game isn't. While the controls work great and lead to many interesting moments, there just isn't a fun game attached to them. It's pretty much just wasting time to get to one area of the world, which allows you to waste time in ANOTHER part of the world (That on the way, just waste your time with flying that can take several minutes. ) The only fun to be had in this game is inside the dungeons, which there are not enough of. I think I will skip future Zelda games if they are anything like this. Expand
  47. Feb 28, 2012
    This is by far one of the best Zelda games in history. The gameplay, graphics, and music are just absolutely AMAZING! Nintendo completely took advantage of the potential the Wii Motion Plus has.
  48. Mar 5, 2012
    I thought it couldn't be done. Since that dreadful Chrismas where I received Zelda 2: Link from Satan Clause . I was then subjected to the most depressing and frustrating game since TWO months ago when I got Super Mario Bros 2 for my birthday!! Mario aside, since that abomination (that was traded for Metroid to a naive neighbour! Whooo!) I have loved and enjoyed EVERY LoZ game. I'm not going to wax poetic about every game I've played from the series, I'll just say my three favourite are Link to the Past, Majora's Mask and Windwaker. But I love every game in different ways, except for 2 and now Skyward Sword! The start was well told and the gameplay was fun. I was getting frustrated with the bird controls but presumed it was just first time play issues. Fast forward to the action and exploring aspects that were, again, frustrating but with these in time I got wise to but not the bird controls, which still had some serious stank to it!!! Though I will give a high five to the dropping off the bird and skydiving to a destination which looked very cool! The sword play is just like Twilight but a little more precise, the balancing/ledging was hard at first but got easy over time, the items were half and half with my real complaint being no boomerang!! I was a bit disappointed by the repeat boss, the mining facility, the beetle, the main bad guy, the utility belt, and that idiot clown mini-game. But my biggest frown was how little exploration and secrets there was. Only a handful of levels and very, very little exploring made the gameplay really repetitive and lacklustre. By the time I got to the air monster, I was in full depression and felt "Here we go again" which I NEVER had even in Majora's!! And that was Link's answer to Groundhog Day!!!! So I was really excited at the start, got emotional at points, had some fun but in the end I was left unfulfilled and frustrated. I'm not saying to avoid this game. If you love Zelda then buy this now!! If you've never played Zelda and am somewhat a game player, this game is actually very good as it helps you along and gives you minor hints. Though as a fan I found it very annoying after a while especially Fi's COMPUTER talk! I was just disappointed as a major fan, maybe due to me getting old and crusty!! What did it for me was that I had no need to play this game again after beating it and it has been some time now. That is what told me that Zelda 2, along with Mario 2, Kirby's Epic Yawn and Metroid Other M now had a new companion in my Nintendo Temple of Bore. Sorry again Link. Expand
  49. Apr 26, 2012
    Bar none, this is one of the greatest zelda titles that I have ever had the privilege to play. The controls allow for an incredibly sense of immersion and dungeons are well designed and lengthy. This is a great game and a worthy zelda title.
  50. Mar 13, 2012
    This game is epic! Great story, amazing gameplay and the graphics are the best you can find on the wii. The controller sometimes might be a pain in the ass but ignoring that, this is a masterpiece!!! Totally worth your money!
  51. Mar 25, 2012
    I played the game almost all the way through, but unfortunately I got so frustrated that I gave up. Game itself is OK, although nowhere near as captivating as it's predecessors. There was "too much of the same" all the way through and it failed to match the magic previous games had. Unfortunately it did not have as many towns to visit as previous ones, sky island was too small for my liking and the story got me tired. That enemy guy looked more like something from DBZ than a villain that belongs to the Zelda Universe. I got to the Sand Ship boss and my wiimote and nunchuk did everything they could to sour my experience.
    All the way through the game I found controls tedious at the best and they ruined many a fun moment for me.
    I think they tried too hard to push for the wiimote functionality that they screwed the controls up that the game was no fun to play at all. Bloody thing got de-calibrated so often that I spent ages just adjusting it.
    It was not that much of a problem in low intense areas but with that sand ship boss the experience became unbearable. You are switching from the sword to the bow and arrows, have barely a few seconds to shoot him, and your screen starts spinning like a **** you are desperately trying to calibrate it, and the chance of shooting him is gone and what is worse, because you are in the first person mode, you get disoriented and get pummeled in the end. It is really annoying when you know exactly what to do, but the game flaws your attempts. Eventually I got it done, but then asked myself if it was worth it, decided it felt more like a waste of time than fun it should be and gave up on the game all together.
    And I blame Nintendo for it. So here you go have your 5 ( I wanted to do zero, but I could not justify it to myself) And if it was not a Zelda game I would probably give it 7 but after decades of setting the bar so high they have to be marked on their own merits.
  52. Mar 23, 2012
    Perfect, beautiful art direction. The music was amazing, and the controls were tight (once you got used to them). This game beat out ALTTP as my fav Zelda game of all time, and that means something. Good job Nintendo! This, is why I love you guys. :)
  53. Mar 28, 2012
    it has best gameplay controls and its the best game ever. super mario galaxy 2 can not compare. better than ocarina of time. I WOULD recomend this game. a masterpiece
  54. May 5, 2012
    The best game of 2011 and the only title thats on par with OoT. If you were disappointed with Twilight Princess. I can almost assure you that you will have a better time with this. The main problem with this game, however, its the stamina meter, which you will have to just get used. The best part of the storyline, once you finish the game, you'll understand why things happened the way they did in the previous games. (This is the first game in the LoZ timeline) Go pick up this game right now!!! Expand
  55. May 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a die-hard Zelda fan I was a little sceptical, thinking the graphics looked a little weird. Now that I've played it, I still think they look weird, but in a fantastically charming way. My favourite game of all time is Ocarina, but I would place this a close second.
    The first major thing in Skyward Sword, after the funky graphics, is the motion plus sword-play. For the first hour (or three) it really annoyed me, because I wasn't very good at it, and got more frustrated when simply wildly swinging the remote actually did worse than me trying properly. The enemy that annoyed me the most early on was the Lizalfos, but by the end of the game, I could kick their asses in seconds, because I had improved along the way, which is an aspect I loved.
    The music and puzzles, which have always been a particular forte of the series, were true to form. I had a blast playing it. This Zelda really pulled away from the endless torch lighting, and block pushing you get in some of the older games (which I love too btw.) Some of the challenges were downright inspiring.
    I liked being able to upgrade items, and having to customize my inventory depending on upcoming challenges. The bosses were fantastic, as well, with the final boss fight being one of the most interesting I've seen for a while (no tennis).
    Some of the new items were brilliant. I absolutely loved being able to look around a room, and plan out what I was supposed to do, without having to move, using the beetle (especially once upgraded). The wind-bag thing kinda sucked because it didn't seem to do anything outside of blowing sand around (it can't even put out torches). I was glad to see the clawshots return - they were awesome in TP, and similarly so in SS.
    The story, of course, was typical Zelda style. It starts out slow, but once you get a little ways into it, it gets so much better.
    There were, however, some niggling annoyances in there too. One such problem was that Fi, the weird, statistically minded alien thing, living in your sword, would constantly try and explain what I was supposed to do, essentially solving the only challenging part of the puzzle for me, to the point where I would simply look away from the screen any time she said anything.
    Another was the overworld. You have literally the entire sky extending as far as you can see, and the only islands other than the main one were some lacklustre mini-games and a rather pointless little bar type thing. Really, the only thing I missed in this game, that made me love some of the older titles (especially Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess) was the grit and mystery of it. It was really cheerful, all of the time. I just wish everything wasn't so obvious all the time. Also, I beat the final boss so fast, without losing any health, because he was way too predictable. Scale it up towards the end Nintendo - we like a challenge. If the enemy is supposed to be the King of Evil, and this terrifying demon which couldn't be killed by the goddesses, why does he bounce off my shield like a stick wielded by a small child?

In all, however, the game engrossed me from start to finish, even with the annoyances, and I strongly recommend people at least try it, in lieu of the dubious graphics.
  56. Jul 12, 2012
    While I don't agree with everyone here, I'd have to say that this entry in the series, is probably the most fun I've had with the series. A deep, and twisting story filled with multiple puzzles and wii gimmicks that aren't terrible (at least in my opinion). Clearly, the motion controls are not perfect, but are really close to being so, even if they screw up, nintendo added in a "center" command encase they're not acting correctly. That is an issue, nintendo should've checked to see why the controls didn't center, and it shows a missed spot on this polished gem. The overworld is actually fairly small, but your loftwing(the bird you fly) is slow, and there is no way to speed him up, which is a shame. Those are the only complaints I have, but getting passed them leads to an excellent game that I would consider one of the best. If you're going to get this game, finish it, it's well worth it. Expand
  57. May 16, 2012
    Let down by ageing world and graphics. I loved this game for it's dungeons and story. The dungeons are the best for a 3D Zelda game including ocarina of time. The world however is not, the mythology is not good enough. The world is completely bare and you feel so restricted with the overworld being only accesible through portals. I want them to go back to twilight princess/ocarina of time world but less bare. I want NPCs scattered everywhere and fully flushed out villages and empires. I want the mythology of hyrule back with zoras, gorons, etc. Basically I want a living breathing zelda world that I loose myself in and not feel like I'm playing a game. Basically skyrim with better combat, gameplay, etc. And the graphics are just bad, I mean I normally don't mind but going from skyrim on the PC to this is not good enough. Expand
  58. May 16, 2012
    Great story combined with great look and feel. Using the Wiimote as a sword felt natural (mainly) and the skyward sword itself was pretty cool. Some tasks were mundane but the rest of the game is stellar. Could do with voice acting.
  59. Sep 2, 2013
    This is just one of the best games I have played in my life, the dungeons are amazing and bosses are epic, the story is also pretty good, the characters were great, especially Ghirahim, he was my favorite character of any zelda game, this game is really a must buy
  60. Jul 7, 2012
    While I did like this game, it does not live up to the reviews found in the media. I enjoyed the motion controls, but the story didn't feel as engaging as say twilight princess. Also some of the game felt like it was added just to extend the length of the game rather than to add something truly important or engaging. Some portions of the game really just felt like a chore or an annoyance.
  61. Sep 2, 2012
    I bought a Wii and this game over the summer because of everything I've heard, and I am a HUGE Zelda fan. Zelda link to the past and Zelda 64 were two masterpieces, and every Zelda after should walk in their shoes. I will admit that this game was innovative in certain ways and fun, but for some reason it just felt a little too different. Some of the items were pretty silly, like the blow dryer and I thought the flying beetle was a neat idea just not for Zelda. Also, what happened to the music in this game? The music at certain places, especially in the desert was kind of ugly. I would love to see a Zelda game use SOME previous music in a remastered form such as the dungeon music from aLtTP, memories would flourish. I also have to somewhat agree that the controls are a little sloppy and annoying at times, and for some reason I don't really like flailing my arms around to play a Zelda game. Graphically I was a little disappointed too because I prefer a more mature type of artwork compared to a sort-of childish look. I have to say too that even though some of the areas were pretty large, it felt a little too linear and I wish they didn't include all these check and save points that make it feel less like Zelda. The flying around on the bird was a good idea but sometimes it gets a little annoying as well. If you are a die hard Zelda fan though and you own a Wii already, this game is worth at least checking out because passed all the flaws there is still a good game. I totally agree with IGN giving Zelda 64 a 10 out of 10 but not for this game, a 10 is overrated IMO. Collapse
  62. Oct 4, 2012
    Let me put this in summary: Nintendo couldn't have done worse for the controls by choosing to incorporate this game with wii motion plus.
    I non-stop found myself in frustration as I failed to get to grips with the unnecessarily awkward controls.
    My advise/request: keep things simple, go back to the franchise's roots and use the characteristics that everyone loves about this once
    fantastic franchise.
    I (what seems hopelessly) look forward to the day when I will see a continuation of the ocarina of time/majora's mask quality games of the franchise.
  63. Nov 8, 2012
    First of all, I like motion controls, so this game was a blast to play .The controls in this game are just so amazingly responsive that the combat never get old! Every puzzle feels new, and the dungeons are better than ever.

But when I mastered the sword play. solved the puzzles and finished the game, I felt like there is not much to come back to. Like the previous Motion Plus-based
    game, Red Steel 2, this game feels soul-less. This game made me THINK about puzzles, and THINK before engaging an enemy,but It never made me FEEL anything. There are no scary parts, or particularly funny moments to remember.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but it just not memorable . Sure, the puzzles are smart and well thought out, but after you solve them , the second time is not as interesting. The story is just "collect all of those things to save Zelda". What about missions that are not fetch quests? what about the atmosphere?.To me, These are the most important factors to a Zelda game. Take for example Twilight princess . The game didn't innovate much in terms of combat and puzzles, but is still loved by zelda fans. Why is that?
    Because twilight princess has:
    1)the game has a scary parts, with spooky atmosphere and music.
    2)there are many lovable characters to meet in the game.
    3)you are free to explore the massive land.
    Skyward sword has none of those, except maybe in the beginning of the game .

It's a good game, and I'm glad that I played it. But a game that doesn't get the player to feel , does NOT belong to the Zelda series.
  64. Nov 16, 2012
    Marvelous. It's motion control actually works as if the Wii was only made for this game. There's certainly Nintendo-magic in here. The game-play is clever and tricky, but exciting with a story that keeps you alive. The rewards are extremely satisfying, which motivates you to move on till the game ends. The game might feel like a chore, but that feeling can be covered up by doing missions at the hub, which are usually short and fun. I crown this game a big 'must-have'. Expand
  65. Dec 1, 2012
    Best Zelda ever and I love the beetle and story. In the word of Lord Ghirahim "This is our Thread of Fate."
    Zelda even makes repitition fun. The only con to this game is I want to sword fight on my bird. Overall outstanding motion plus title.
  66. Dec 23, 2012
    Fantastic game really really good, it contains some puzzle elements like in Link to the Past (SNES), and some RPG like the SNES game Secret of Mana had back in the days, with this game the makers combined the best of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Maker/Minish Cap, with a new original story, great colors and the Wii Motion Plus remote that give it another dimension. For me it was fun from since I started. Personally I wasn't to happy with Twilight Princess but this game is 100% up my street. This is the game that you can't stop playing until you finish it. :-P Expand
  67. Mar 3, 2013
    This was by far the worst Zelda game for me. It just seemed like it was made for a different age group than Im in (born 1990). It lacked the dark parts of the story that Twilight Princess had. This made the game feel a lot more like a kids game, without the depth and mature parts of Links adventure. It really felt like they wanted to adjust the game to fit lower ages. This was shown also in the "cartoony" choice of art style and design of the characters. Comparing Zelda in Skyward Sword to Zelda in Twilight Princess, Zelda looks like a kids manga character.

On the technical part, the motion controls werent very precise and became frustrating after a while. Sometimes you just want to sink down the couch and slip into the world of Zelda.

I cant say much about the graphics, its down to the hardware. Though I did feel this game felt extra blurry with the chosen art style. The gameplay was alright, parts of it was very enjoyable. The game did seem a bit too easy once beaten it and there was no real urge to go back for the stuff you missed either. It would have been nice with some more sword upgrades. For future games:
    * Make the motion controls optional, with support for the Wii U pro controller.
    * Blend dark, mature environments with the colourful and fantasy inspired.
    * Make the characters with more realism inspiration. I'm thinking lord of the rings, not realism as in watching TV. We can push it much much further before it becomes "too realistic".
    * DONT MAKE ZELDA INTO ANOTHER KIDS GAME PLEASE! YOU HAVE SO MANY ALREADY!
  68. Mar 17, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. Great design and art style. Working motion control. Memorable characters. Great upgrade system. Great interface. WONDERFUL STORY. Though, I wish the game had dungeons in the sky over world. Though they fit a lot of content into a fairly linear surface world. My favorite game of all time though. A must buy on the wii.
  69. Sep 2, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece. This game gets far too much hate. I loved almost every second of it. Its only been two years since its release and I already feel nostalgic towards it.
  70. Apr 11, 2013
    Skyward swords has a lot of good points but also a few bad points. lets start off with the good.

The first thing that is brilliant with SS are the characters. Legend of Zelda has never had such a lovable cast. Even the robotic Fi will be pulling at your heart strings by the end of the game. Zelda has never been so likeable. She is full of personality and I actually cared much more
    about saving her.

The next great thing about it, is the story. Nintendo wisely chose to tell the true origin story of Zelda and why you are in the position you are in. You truly feel like this important character, and it drives you to play the game to your full potential. The story is only made better by the brilliant cast

The next thing that is wonderful in SS is the graphics and the sound. The mix of wind wakers cell shadedness and twilight princess mature world, gives Skyward sword an identity that can truly be known as the best look for Legend of Zelda. The music n the game is also the best it has ever been, mainly because it is fully orchestrated and the new themes fit perfectly within the context of the story and characters. "Fi's farewell" is my favourite track.

Now for the bad aspect. the structure of game play. Due to the limitations of the Wii Nintendo has created a world made up of four large areas. They are all wonderful locations and Nintendo should be commended for crafting such a brilliant world. The issue is you will be travelling back and forth so much between these locations that they get quite dull

Overall Skyward sword has become my favourite Legend of Zelda game, and one of my favourite games ever. Nintendo has created something truly special. I give it a well deserved 9 out of 10
  71. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, I wonder how much money Nintendo dished out to sites like IGN and the like to rate this zelda higher than a six? This game is honestly atrocious, and the worst zelda I have ever played. And trust me I've played through about "85% through, master." Yeah, Fi... 85%... whatever you say.... of all the zelda games. Majora's Mask, which any zelda fan can argue, has the craziest, insane, most twisted story in the franchise. Now compare that to Skyward Sword. You have a bland "hero, knight, chivalry, etc." character that hacks n slashes first and asks questions later. You know that mummified dad you had to save in MM with the song of healing? Ya, non-o-dat here.
    Speaking of music, what the flip Nintendo?! After Mario galaxy's soundtrack (which i still listen too), you give us uninspired, orchestra (orchestra, has to be good?! Right?!) music which is about as moving as a clogged toilet. The harp? Dear God, just take it away, compared to the beautiful ocarina compositions from OoT and MM, the harp playing sections include a bunch of random phrases composed by pulling notes out of a hat. On top of that, there are no specific songs you learn with the harp, just generic strumming... I still have the Song of Time button input memorized Nintendo, Holy CRAP, gamers have memory spans longer than 1 min!!!
    Now Shigeru Miyamoto himself said people stopped playing the game half way through. Well, its not rocket science, how about an actual, interesting story? From what i could gather, by the 30th hour of gameplay, I was merely a lab rat chasing after cheese on an exercise wheel. Zelda is 1 step away! Maybe next time you'll catch her! Oh, can't catch her? How about you do numerous, cloned fetch quests to upgrade your sword and shield in the meantime so you can become god? It was all so predictably written, that it could have been fan fiction. And why is every character so cookie cutter? You have jocks (all of which have a soft side deep down, awww), you have haughty chicks, you have slightly normal people (but always the same), and you have over the top weird. None of them feel tangible or interesting after you learn their 2 paragraphs of background.
    The gameplay as everyone says, fails. Sure, some boss battles inspire awe, but only because the baddies are big and interesting. When you're facing moblin after moblin that requires no more skill to defeat than whipping your left hand then whipping your right hand, the gameplay gets stale and that's not mentioning frustrating calibration and aiming issues which happen ALL THE TIME. The overworld, Skyhaven, Skyhop, i really dont care anymore, has almost nothing to do in it once you have all the money you need, and your wrist will cramp up after flying in Skyhop for more than 5 min. I would rather stroll through my generic neighberhood Walmart.
    If you know what Rune Factory Tides of Destiny is... good! You'll get my next reference. Ahem... I finished that game. I didn't finish Skyward Sword. That should make the point loud and clear that SS is the worst excuse for a zelda game ever. Nintendo abused my trust, i used to buy every zelda gaming assured it would appease my adventurous appetite. No more! This was supposed to be the first in the series timeline, well... it comes dead last in my book. Honestly, the younger generation, which apparently has half the brain (according to Nintendo) that I had at the same age, will be the only ones who truly like this game. Many longtime zelda fans and Nintendo fanboys will defend it for the sake of pride, but at the same time, inadvertently cast a shaky look over their shoulders at the shell of what used to be the quality zelda franchise.
  72. Jun 16, 2013
    I am a big fan of the Zelda series but skyward sword is the worse game ever! I will never get past the second condemned monster. I'm about ready to throw the controller at the t.v.
  73. Aug 8, 2013
    Skyward Sword is a fantastic game and is without a doubt one of the best Zelda games. Nintendo focused on three things for this game, motion control, story, and making an all around solid game. They definitely succeeded in all three. The story takes place at the beginning of the timeline and it shows. There is no ganon and no hyrule. Instead the villain is the amazing girahim and the setting is skyloft. What makes the story are the characters, specifically girahim and Zelda. Girahim is both creepy and entertaining, the final battle with him really shows this. Zelda is now Links friend prior to here capture, because of this the player genuinely wants to save her. The gameplay is very motion control heavy but in a good way. Everything from swinging your sword to flying your beetle feels fluid and rarely off. By the end of it, you will never want to go back to regular controls. The graphics in this game take the best of wind waker and twilight princess to create a beautiful game. Overall, Skyward Sword is one of the best games on Wii, one of the best Zelda games, and perhaps the best game of 2011. Expand
  74. Aug 12, 2013
    This game is obviously the best game play Zelda ever. The ability to move your sword in the exact angle gets no better than this. When I saw it for first time and play on my friend's wii and I was satisfied playing it that I actually bought a wii just to play this game. Its a must have because every single detail of what the game represents does it in a excellent way.
  75. Sep 11, 2013
    I have to go against the crowd here I'm afraid, as I found this game very dissapointing, and my least favourite Zelda game on a main console.
    My issues stem from the graphical design which feels childish, but not unique like Wind Waker.
    The wii motion plus controls very rapidly annoyed me and would have been a good feature...IF it were needed, which I don't feel it was. I also had great
    trouble engaging in the story and landscape of this prequel game, as Hyrule didn't look anything like the Hyrule we see in Ocarina and Twilight Princess, a good example being Faron Woods which instead of being a dark, mysterious forest was a fairy land with happy creatures and a palette which was far to happy, not to mention the lack of trees...
    I also found the plot particularly uninspiring this time around, being entirely unbelievable and seeming to lack the links we were promised to the other Zelda titles.
    These things aside, it is still a Zelda game with some fun moments. The idea of skydiving by jumping off your bird thing is quite entertaining at first, (but loses it's charm quickly especially since the Sky world is actually very small.) Temples are a puzzle as usual and can offer hours of entertainment.

I suppose my score for this game just reflects my lack of engagement with the plot...I really couldn't really care if that Sky world was destroyed because it didn't charm me at all. A shame but perhaps I went into the game with too high expectations.
  76. Feb 22, 2014
    This game is so horrible that it makes you feel pain. The annoying repetitiousness, linearity in game, horrible bosses, the level design, storyline, the music. This games makes me feel bored every moment when i proceed in the game. I feel like i played another Ocarina of Time clone with horrible design.
  77. Dec 13, 2011
    My favorite Zelda since Link to the Past. Possibly even better because it is challenging but not frustrating. Motion Plus adds to the gameplay, and rewards thoughtful swordplay over random bashing; For instance, to kill a 3-headed snake you have to hit all the heads at once, requiring timing and angle.
  78. Jan 5, 2012
    This game is great, and in my mind re-legitimatizes the Wii. The main thing I was happy with in this game was the controls, they are wonderful! The story great, and predictable of course, and winding your way through settings is super fun. This game can get frustrating, but no matter what your having fun.
  79. Dec 30, 2011
    An amazing addition to the Legend of Zelda series; beautiful art style, great characters, and fun game play. My only (minor) gripe, is that sometimes the controls feel a little wonky, e.g. the sword will lose sync with the Wii-mote, but it doesn't take much to get it back on track. In all, if you're looking for another fantastic adventure in the Zelda universe then Skyward Sword is defiantly down your aisle. Expand
  80. Feb 11, 2012
    Look, I haven't even completed the game yet but I'm just going to give my review: Brilliant,amazing and excellent. Why Nintendo gave it to us so late in the Wii's lifetime nobody knows, but what a great way to say goodbye to the Wii with such a fantastic game. Sure, some aspects of the game are infuriating (Silent Realms anyone?) but they are all very minor. I will never forget the experience I have had with this game and as Fi would say, "I predict 100% chance of this being the finest Legend of Zelda game ever" Happy 25th birthday Legend of Zelda and goodbye to you Nintendo Wii. It's been a good one. Expand
  81. May 23, 2012
    so many things were changed, and upgraded in this game, i love the story, BUT. why it didn't get a perfect score, the controls are a pain sometimes. now not complaining i love the challenge of actually controlling a sword to kill your foes. unfortunately its very upsetting sometimes when it doesn't do what you wanted it to do
  82. Mar 29, 2013
    Fi: Thank you.
    Me in tears: No, Fi, thank you for everything.

The most equally beautiful and saddest moment in any game I've ever played.
    This game is a work of art and the absolute pinnacle of Nintendo.
  83. Dec 18, 2011
    Zelda: Skyward Sword is the first game I've really played in long time since I've been a fan of the series since I was a kid. However, it does not really live up to the innovations of previous Zelda games. Rather there are some new aspects here and there, but it really just copies off of the formula of past Zelda game, along with using all the same ingredients that were once innovations of the previous Zelda games.

Flaws of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    â
  84. Oct 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wanted to love this game. I wanted to love it so much. In fact, about halfway through my first play through, I was ready to proclaim the Zelda series completely revitalized after the (IMO) ho-hum fest that was TP. The game starts agonizingly slowly (but what Zelda doesn't nowadays?), but once I got to the first dungeon I was having a blast. The motion-based puzzles were extremely well implemented for the most part, and satisfying to solve. And a couple of the boss fights rank among the best in the series, simply because there's more to them than exploiting a weak point.
    But then something happened. Nintendo was afraid of letting this game end. Around the 25 hour mark I began realizing that most of the things I was doing, I had done before. And this feeling never ended. Pretty much the entire second half of the game is a bunch of One quest in particular stands out: the objective is to get a certain item. In order to get this item you have to collect three pieces from these three guys. Alright, kinda stupid seeing as how I had been doing this same thing for 40 hours at that point, but whatever. WELL it turns out that each of these three guys wants something done for them, one of which is an infuriatingly dull underwater scavenger hunt that just wastes your time. The other two are similarly boring busy work that require you to either re-collect your items all over again or take an item to a faraway place for three seconds and then return it. Terrible, padded game design.
    Okay so you have your three pieces from the three guys. It made you want to bash your skull open to get them, but there you go, you made it. Give me the item, Nintendo.
    WRONG! Now you have to play through this stupid, frustrating stealth minigame that you have already played THREE TIMES before in different settings. Once you succeed with that, you are given a thing that you need to use to get the item. When you use this thing it unlocks a dungeon in which you FINALLY get said item. Like, holy I spent five hours jumping through the hoops before I even got to the dungeon. After that, there is no dungeon Nintendo can throw at me that wold be worse. In fact, the dungeon is one of the better ones in the game. The stupid fetch quests were the real dungeon.

I would rather have a short, awesome game than a long and hollow one, Nintendo. Stop going all Harvey Dent on us.
  85. Mar 4, 2012
    Skyward Sword was meant for the Wii. Motion controls for this game have been perfected and the game-play is among the best in the entire series. Though the story of Skyward Sword doesn't compare to that of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, to me it held its own with the new dungeon system requiring the completion of puzzles leading up to the dungeon as well as in the dungeon itself. I also really enjoyed the ability to collect resources to upgrade weapons and equipment. I would highly recommend this game to anyone wanting a good game for the Wii and definitely to fans of the Legend of Zelda series. Expand
  86. Dec 13, 2011
    I had my doubts about this game, seeing as how disappointing the last few Zeldas were (especially Spirit Tracks). But this game... wow... simply amazing. The visuals look great but the Wii's hardware limitations are all too apparent here. This game would have looked so much nicer on an actual HD console. The music is aural bliss and probably some of the best in the series. The story is very good and the dungeons/puzzles are some of the best in the series. Motion+ controls work well for combat and really add a new layer to battles, but for everything else, Motion+ is only put to novel use and bares a number of nuisances (constantly needing to re-center, inability to differentiate movement speeds, inaccurate movement detection). Also, the game treats the player as inept. The first few hours of hand-holding become unbearable and the constantly repeating and unskippable text will test you nerves. There are a number of problems with this game, which do add up to a significant amount, but even with that said I truly enjoyed the game and am rejuvenated on the series. Not only is this one of the best Zeldas ever, but it's also one of the best games of this generation. Expand
  87. Jan 8, 2012
    I was so excited for this game but overall it kind of left me disappointed. It is not the best game for the wii (Mario Galaxy) and there is no way it is the best game in the series although it would probably be in the top 5 for both. (My top Zeldas btw in order are: Link to the past, Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Link's Awakening THEN skyward). Even the wii game of the year I would have to give to Xenoblade over Skyward Sword and it was a pretty rough year for the wii. Here are my reasons for a 7.5.
    Pros:
    It's Zelda
    Motion controls done as they should be and work most the time
    Impressive puzzle design
    Loved how Link was more athletic
    Loved the "time capsule" levels

Cons:
    First NO over world to explore. I loved the twilight princess world and was hoping for expansion.
    Only 3 worlds that you return to like 4 times
    Time for voice acting (ok to leave Link out)
    No hidden faries for upgrades
    Fight same bosses up to 3x
    Pick a graphic style and stick to it: Skyward sword and Twilight both looked great don't need to fuse them rather improve them.
    Motion controls often need resetting
    Weak side quests
    The shadow realms: one or two is enough!
    Kept feeling like something big was coming but nothing did.
    Repetitive

The game does lay a nice foundation to build upon for the Wii U which will be able to bring a more powerful experience in areas other than just control. That I am excited for!
  88. Jul 16, 2012
    I waited to play this game due to mixed fan reviews. Eventually I was convinced, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The MotionPlus controls are a blast and not as finicky as everyone claims; in fact, they just add to the overall experience. The "backtracking" isn't as repetitive as people claim either; each area is revamped and changed with all new challenges. The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful, and the story line is simply fantastic and perfect in every right. By the end of the game I was in tears; because I had beaten my first every Skyward Sword experience, and because the touching story line was concluded expertly. Touches of humor and a nice difficulty level are also good embellishments. This is the best game I have ever played, and everyone else should have the bliss of playing it at least once. Expand
  89. May 8, 2012
    All the Zelda magic but with a fantastic new control system. It's hard to imagine a better implementation of the Wii motion controller. I've played every Zelda game since Link to the Past and this is a another superb entry to the series. A tighter, less open game structure than Twilight Princess is the only downside. Still one of the best games in existence.
  90. Jan 6, 2012
    An amazing game in all ways. The graphics are pretty, the storyline is engaging, and this game sets all other zelda games up by being set before the others. The bosses are cinematic and never get old.
  91. Jan 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Note: This review contains COMPLETE honesty. I will give praise the the parts to ONLY deserve praise. I will hate on the parts that deserve hate. After hearing all the praise for this game and the perfect scores, I got really excited to play this, and expected the best Zelda game ever. Sadly, that is not what happened, I ended up completely agreeing with GameSpot's review. First I would like to say the graphics are absolutely beautiful. The makers of this game took advantages of the Wii's limited abilities, by creating a beautiful painterly-like landscape. On the bad side though, the blurs in the background really hurt my eyes, and could have been either removed or less blurred. The music in the game is absolutely gorgeous!! I found myself listening to a lot of the music on youtube. However, the sounds people make are a bit awkward and could have been removed or improved on. The story was probably the most disappointing part of the game. The story is VERY obvious. (Have you ever realized that the white dress Zelda wears is the same as the the one the goddess statue wears? Have you noticed the silhouette of the goddess in the prologue looks exactly like Zelda?) There are other spoilers in the game itself, but I'm not going to point them out. It's like the makers of the game were trying to give away the entire story to us! Not to mention this game was supposed to touch upon Ganon's creation, but it felt as if they slipped it in at the end. I was expecting to be like "WHOA THAT'S HOW GANON WAS CREATED? Mind=Blown," but instead I was like "oh." And I must complain, Demise is probably the most unimaginative name EVER. Not to mention his design kind of looks like a rip-off of something you'd see in a M rated game. And the final boss with Demise felt rushed and also a rip-off of Ganondorf's final battle in Twilight Princess. What I do not understand the most is Ghirahim. Yes, he flamboyant, yes he is fabulous, but why do the fan-girls go crazy over him? There have been plenty of feminine insane bloodthurst villains in animes and movies, so WHY? I also noticed that the fans try to make Ghirahim more "deeper" and "fleshed out" than he really is, which pisses me off. I understand the makers of the game were trying to make him the complete opposite of Ganondorf but this just doesn't cut it. As for Fi, I thought I would really like this character, but I just couldn't. She constantly telling us the obvious ( Personally I think she's worse than Navi), and I'm not afraid to say I was happy when she had to leave at the end. And Zelda, when I first saw her in the E3 2011 trailer, I hated her. I hated her design, and after playing the game, it doesn't change my opinion about her. She seems like a cliche "kawaii desu" anime girl, who seems to giggle at every little thing. Not to mention it seems a little pointless for Hylia to reincarnate herself as a human for reasons relating to Demise, but then she is used to resurrect him? Seems a little pointless to me. Game play was alright. The controls either work for you, or they don't. Which is a problem. In the nest Zelda game, I hope they make sure the controls work 100%, so we don't have to complain. All in all, this game could have done better, I wouldn't have minded waiting another year for this game, maybe they would have been able to make this game better than it already is. Expand
  92. Jun 1, 2012
    Those of you giving The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword low scores have clearly had trouble playing the game. Here's the rager's patterns : Play Skyward Sword. Fail. Think "Ok, I'll try again". Fail again. Rage. Throw control at wall/door/television/family member/cat. Go on Metacritic. Type in "The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword", hands shaking in rage. Type in a common rage comment. "THIS GAME IS AWFUL. THE CONTROLS SUCK. THEY MADE ME FALL OFF A LEDGE 40 TIMES. GAMEPLAY IS NOT FUN." I mean, come on people. When you comment on lack of voice acting, it's so clear that you're commenting on something trivial becuase you couldn't think of much else. Skyward Sword is a brilliant game. The composing is amazing, the graphics are very attractive. The gameplay is hours of brilliant fun which can never get boring to me. Hell, I've not actually finished Skyward Sword. I'm at the last boss battle. (You know, the guy with the fire hair.) I failed but didn't rage. I camly put down my controler and say to myself "i'll do it another time." The fact that I've dragged out this game for months (since christmas, actually.) added to my enjoyment. It's the longest game I've ever played. And I usually finish games within 1-6 hours of getting them. So, a word to everyone - drag out the gameplay. It's really worth it. Expand
  93. Nov 20, 2012
    A good game but a bad Zelda game. Zelda is held to higher standards than other franchises and this is just a step backwards. The variety in enemies is low, the combat is boring and consists of waggling your wiimote for most enemies, the dungeons are short and easy, it's extremely linear, and there is too much back tracking.
  94. Aug 4, 2012
    Absolutely brilliant. Played the Oot all the way through and this other entry in the zelda series plays great. The dialouge between characters is hilarious, the gameplay is smooth, solid and extremely enjoyable. Well worth a play
  95. Jan 22, 2012
    Skyward Sword is definitely one of the best Zelda games released in a while! With Zelda's signature way of using new graphic styles, the use of the Motion Plus (which, unlike the Wii version of Twilight Princess, is NOT a gimmick), and memorable characters and dungeons, Skyward Sword could easily give most Zelda games a run for their money- maybe even Ocarina of Time! The "painterly" graphics make this adventure stunning, while also shrouding the fact that the Wii's visual ability isn't that great. The Motion Plus makes this a game where you must think before you act. No more frantically shaking the controller to defeat enemies! No, you have to plan out each strike before it happens, otherwise it will be blocked and somehow turn on you. Each dungeon utilizes all of your items, not just the one you recieved thirty seconds ago. There are only a few downsides to this game- for starters, there's no main world map. You fly to a certain spot in the sky and then descend onto the surface area, close to the dungeon. The music instrument of this game- the harp- is also a useless attempt to keep an instrument in the game. If you see butterflies, you randomly strum the harp to get a pedestal to appear, then you strum in time with a pulsing light. Learning new songs is pointless, because playing one song is no different from playing another.
    However, despite these minor setbacks, Skyward Sword is still an amazing game. With the new flight system, new motion controls, new upgrade systems, and new items, this installment is no "Nintendo re-hash". A lot of things in this game are new and exciting, and definitely worth getting.
    Skyward Sword, I will never forget you.
  96. May 19, 2012
    Although this is a great game, I am not saying this is the best Zelda game by no means. All the flying around makes me feel like I'm back in the Windwaker with sailing accept for flying in this game. The fact that you half to return to desert, woods, lava over and over again takes away from the game. I like it, best wii game of 2011 for sure but it doesn't feel like a true Zelda game in my opinion. I take Twilight Princess over this one for dungeons, items, story. Expand
  97. Jul 12, 2012
    9.5 - While some of the latter game feels unnecessary and tacked on, this is what I've been wanting in a Wii title ever since I first saw the console. The controls are fantastic with spot on swordplay. The music is incredible and varied, not to mention absolutely beautiful. The story is excellent, and the many colorful locales you visit are full of life and character. There are an incredible amount of things to do and see, and everything is memorable, from the characters to the world itself. It's pure Nintendo magic at it's finest. Expand
  98. Sep 2, 2012

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.