The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii

8.1

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2079 Ratings

1. May 20, 2017
    An underrated game. The motion controls aren't as bad as people make them out to be. The game is a little bit handholdy in places but if you can look past that, It's a wonderful game with some of the best dungeons in any Zelda game. It has a water dungeon that is actually amazing and deserves a lot of praise for that
  2. May 7, 2017
    This 25 Anniversary Game of The Legend of Zelda is Amazing in many ways, first the story of this game is better than other big games of zelda like ocarina of time, the music is amazing like in any game of zelda, the gameplay is good, it isn´t the better but i enjoyed it, for me this is one of my five favorites games of The Legend of Zelda.
  3. May 6, 2017
    The hate this game got because its "bad motion controls" is unfair... at least I didn't have a single issue with the motion controls. I don't deny other people could had these issues but I didn't.
    This game stayed as my favorite Zelda game until of course Breath Of The Wild came out. But this game is just beautiful.
  4. May 3, 2017
    For me, the control mechanic of Skyward Sword is at the first place among the games I've ever played. Though I admit some people would hate this kind of motion control...
  5. May 1, 2017
    After two complete walkthroughs, i have to say it is not the best Zelda game, but it is still very good and while it fails at some ponts, it rightfully succeeds at others.
    Gameplay: peoplr often complain about this. I have to say controls aren´t that bad. They work brilliantly most of the time ( that doesn't mean it didn't give me problems). 8/10
    Graphics: charismatic and beautifully
    Graphics: charismatic and beautifully done, good for wii standards
    Story: Maybe one of the strongests point in this game: every character here is outstanding and it feels pretty emotive.
    Although that, it isn't really unique. 9/10
    Soundtrack/ sound design: Srongest point, it has many beautiful tunes and works complementing with story masterfully done, embracing the emotion. Sound design is very good, too 10/10
    Level design: Probably weakest point of the game, there's some nasty repetition and its worls was too linear 7/10
    overall: 8.5/10 that means a 9, at least here
  6. Apr 27, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Este juego es LA LEYENDA DE ZELDA increible, jugabilidad increible, historia increible, personajes increibles, pero tiene dos grandes detalles, la implementacion del motion plus entorpece visualmente, y que se use la trifuerza para pedir el deseo de acabar con el mal y que al mal lo aplaste una roca lo sacaron sin escalas de mis juegos favoritos,, es una pena Expand
  7. Apr 18, 2017
    Amazing game! The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games in the series, for the wii, and even all time!
    It has some of the best dungeon design in the series, with notable standouts being Ancient Cistern and Sandship, and one of the new developments they took with this game- having the overworld feature puzzles in the vein of metroid, worked really well too. The game features some truly wonderful areas, from the pleasant Faron Woods, which is jam-packed with things to explore, to the vast Sand Sea, which is one of the most creative examples of level design I've seen in any game. The sky is also awesome- I find it funny when people complain about it being empty. ITS THE SKY!!! What did you expect?? It does have the occasional island, but thats all I expected of it. The main overworld where all the intsersting secrets and such is on the surface! The main hub area, Skyloft, is also great and filled with side-quests to do inbetween the main game.
    One of the biggest new features of the game is its full use of 1:1 motion controls. Other than occasionally having to recalibrate, they work fantastic! It was such a joy to have Link's sword swings match up with yours, and this made for some awesome sword fights, even with smaller enemies. The game's combat now has an added layer of depth and strategy- you have to watch your enemies movements and hit them a certain way.The boss fights are also a blast, and make excellent, creative use of the motion controls. Ghirahim, Demise, Levias, and Koloktos are the highlithgts. There are also some really awesome moments in this game, like scaling soaring desert cliffs with the clawshots, speeding through an ancient shipyard on mine carts, flying through the vast sky on your loftwing. The Silent Realms, which are a new addition to the series, are also awesome, and do a really good job of scaring the sh*t out of you!
    The story is very well done- this is one of the most story-driven zelda games, with a more extensive use of cinematic cutscenes and a strong narrative. Without any spoilers, its great, and works as a great set-up for the series. There are some really emotional moments, and its filled with great, unique characters. Groose is awesome! He gets his own story arc which even leads to some surprisingly emotional scenes. Even Link is more expressive this time! This is the best depiction of Link and Zelda in the whole series in my opinion. Yes, this is more linear than most zeldas, but it allows for a very cinematic, story-driven experience while still feeling like an actual video GAME.
    The music in this game, while not quite living up to other 3D zeldas, is outstanding and varied. The soundtrack ranges from epic orchestral pieces, to catchy rural tunes, to oriental-inspired themes, and all in all its fantastic.
    One of the best things about this game is its sheer creativity and vision. They really wanted to create a unique experience, and succeeded in every way! From new, incredibly creative game mechanics like the time-shift stones, to the revolutionary motion controls, the new items, to all the new additions they've added to the zelda formula. Also, some of the ideas and designs are so imaginative its crazy!! For example, there's a large sequence in the game where you hunt down ancient robot pirates on an invisible japanese-style ship across a sea of sand using stones that send you to the past. It doesn't get much more creative than that, and its incredibly awesome to witness! Overall, Skyward Sword is a truly awesome game, and the people who don't like it are, most often, ignorant fools who either A) have wireless internet in the vicinity interfering with the motion controls, B) don't know how to use motion controls (the vast majority), C) are nostalgia-blinded morons who say "ooh, its too linear...", or D) are Sony and Xbox fanboys.
  8. Apr 17, 2017
    Skyward Sword had a lot to ride on it. It had to be an anniversary game, the game right after the ever popular Twilight Princess, while at the same time trying to be a beacon of light to rally disavowed Wind Waker fans back to the series. And in my opinion, Skyward Sword not only succeeds, it also surpasses several expectations. I didn't expect an epic adventure game that wouldSkyward Sword had a lot to ride on it. It had to be an anniversary game, the game right after the ever popular Twilight Princess, while at the same time trying to be a beacon of light to rally disavowed Wind Waker fans back to the series. And in my opinion, Skyward Sword not only succeeds, it also surpasses several expectations. I didn't expect an epic adventure game that would revolutionize how I viewed controls in a video game, but it's what I got.

The story was the best in the series at the time of its release; we finally have a finely characterized Zelda, and a compelling side villain. Link manages to retain some of his "cool" factor from Twilight Princess, yet still maintaining his emotes from Wind Waker, crafting what is perhaps the best rendition of the tried and true hero. Combine that with amazing character interactions and a strong narrative, and you have a first tier story; something you won't catch me saying for a Zelda game too often.

The presentation is also top tier; the music was lovingly composed and orchestrated. The Ballad of the Goddess is every bit as beautiful as the main series, and I personally enjoy it more. There are many other killers in the soundtrack that are sure to worm their way into your memory. And the graphics.. fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. I will say this right now, I liked Wind Waker's use of cel-shaders; it manages to come off as both aesthetically tasteful and a clever way to hide the game's technical limitations. But I feel as if Wind Waker's design choice was more on the latter. Skyward Sword is on the former. A beautiful impressionist artstyle manages to somehow merge the best elements of Wind Waker and twilight Princess into one of the best looking games on the system, and of its generation. Maybe even all time! It's absolutely fantastic.

And now, the gameplay. The most divisive part of this game. I'll come out and say this right now; flat out ignore the detractors. The motion controls work just fine, nay, they work splendidly. So long as you're not a victim of constant seizure (like the detractors are), you'll be able to enjoy a truly fascinating and masterfully executed combat system. I also reject the premise that linearity is inherently bad; this keeps the game streamlined and focused. And it's not like the game is lacking in optional exploration; I dare everyone to try and find every goddess cube. You'll quickly see the game's clever design. And on the subject of design, the design of the grounded overworld is perhaps the greatest in the series before Breath of the Wild. The terrain is no longer flat, barren, and empty. They are wonderfully jam packed with wonderfully warped design and interaction. More than I can say for the games before it TBH.

All in all, Skyward Sword is an artistic marvel, and an amazing game overall. I don't regret my purchase, and i doubt you will either.
  9. Apr 16, 2017
    The motion controls are aweful, it ruined what could've been an amazing Zelda game. The worst examples are swimming and the sword. It's used for literally everything. The story also isn't the best, Fi is an annoying horrible character who I hope we never see again. Also Ghirahim is the most nori g, pathetic Zelda villain ever. The fights with him are little more then glourified tutorials.The motion controls are aweful, it ruined what could've been an amazing Zelda game. The worst examples are swimming and the sword. It's used for literally everything. The story also isn't the best, Fi is an annoying horrible character who I hope we never see again. Also Ghirahim is the most nori g, pathetic Zelda villain ever. The fights with him are little more then glourified tutorials. The back tracking is annoying and boring. There's way too much of it, this is the most overrated game I've ever seen. Only reason this didn't get a 0 is because it looks good and has a good sound track, but that's not nearly enough things to save this piece of **** I hope that we get a remake on the Switch that gets rid of the motion controls. Expand
  10. Apr 8, 2017
    skyward sword es un genial juego de Zelda. Es un poco mas de accion y un poco mas facil. Pero eso se debe a el intento de usar lo mayor posible las opciones del WII y lo hace super bien. El juego tiene una gran historia y una excelente jugabilidad
  11. Apr 7, 2017
    This is the only Zelda title that completely lacks an overworld. Instead you have linear slices to play through that you visit multiple times that all look & feel kinda the same (except that one's green, one's red, and one's yellow... That's all that's really different.) You mostly fight the same few bosses over & over instead of getting new boss challenges to solve. Combat is slow andThis is the only Zelda title that completely lacks an overworld. Instead you have linear slices to play through that you visit multiple times that all look & feel kinda the same (except that one's green, one's red, and one's yellow... That's all that's really different.) You mostly fight the same few bosses over & over instead of getting new boss challenges to solve. Combat is slow and repetitive. The first few times swinging the sword to slice the enemy at the correct angle, it was alright, but after that it was more of a hindrance to push through to get back to playing the game.

Not that there was much game to play through. The whole thing was super easy. The hardest part was sitting through the interruptions whenever the game decided to tell you the solution to something you already figured out on your own, or to re-display text you already read about what things are.

The gratitude crystals were also very forgettable, unlike other Zelda games' collection items. There was no real searching needed to easily find them all.

The final dungeon was alright. I liked that dungeon's main gameplay mechanic. (Avoiding spoilers, but if you've played it, then you know what I'm talking about.) That's the only good thing I have to say about this game though.

The desert had a mechanic in it that looked like it could've been a lot of fun if they actually did much with it, but instead really just added a bit of blue coloring. (Avoiding spoilers, but if you played it, you probably know what I'm talking about.)
  12. Apr 5, 2017
    Pros: I certainly enjoyed this creative game and I have been a loyal zelda fan since Link's Awakening on GB back in 1995. All of the Wii motion controls were implemented near flawlessly and I enjoyed using them in the game, they never really became obnoxious of any sort. They made the game challenging in a very good way. The art design is fresh and the impressionistic portrayal of the farPros: I certainly enjoyed this creative game and I have been a loyal zelda fan since Link's Awakening on GB back in 1995. All of the Wii motion controls were implemented near flawlessly and I enjoyed using them in the game, they never really became obnoxious of any sort. They made the game challenging in a very good way. The art design is fresh and the impressionistic portrayal of the far scenery makes me feel like I'm exploring one huge painting and brings back memories of Super Mario 64. The story & main quest is heartfelt, lengthy, and provides character development as well as unexpected turns throughout. Most of the characters have their own marvelous personality and problems that you can help fix, and they remember you justly for your good deeds. I like the newly implemented potion making & item upgrading systems. I would find myself spending hours exploring the worlds looking for ingredients. There are a solid amount of new & reintroduced items to use; and for the most part they are used very well, and remain fun & useful after the dungeon you earned them in. Cons: The side-quest area is seriously lacking in my honest opinion. There were only about 2 sidequests & 1 mini-game I thoroughly enjoyed, and there are about 13 side quests and I think 5 mini-games. This still isn't enough in a Zelda game even if they lack substance. The main quest can take anywhere from 40-60 hours to complete, while the side content can only provide 10-15 hours max. Zelda games have always been known for having side content standing up to the main quest, and sadly it isn't true here. And you don't get very good rewards for alot of the side-quests anyways. Also whenever you pick up and ingredient or bug, no matter whether it's new or not, you have to go through a little cutscene and read about whatever you picked up every single time. This gets ridiculously annoying very fast. There is also a "Hero Mode" after you beat the game the first time, and it allows you to play through again with all the enemies doing double damage. Sadly that's all it adds to the experience and that is definitely not enough incentive to play through the game again. Now I can honestly say that every dungeon is truly amazing and stands up with some of the best dungeons in Zelda history; but I was seriously disappointed with a couple of the bosses, and I won't give away why, but I was and you might find out why if you choose to decide to buy the game. Because I still believe it is worth buying and is an above-average entry to the legendary Zelda series. Just don't expect it to fulfill all of your expectations, because I know that this wasn't everyones' cup of tea, even for die-hard Zelda fans. But you're getting a solid review from one right now! The game is about a 7.8 but it's either 7 or 8 on here. So it gets an 8. Expand
  13. Mar 31, 2017
    excelente titulo, la incorporación del motion plus en la saga zelda fue un rotundo éxito.. los final boss, la música, la historia... todo es excelente. Dzaga
  14. Mar 29, 2017
    I love the Zelda Franchise and I did enjoy this game. But it is one of the weakest Zelda titles. I loved Zelda in this game. She finally was a real person and had a believable friendship with Link. The dungeons were mostly very good, especially the one with the time stone. I also remember great boss fights.

But the game has too much back tracking. I had problems with the motions

But the game has too much back tracking. I had problems with the motions controls. And the worst thing was that stupid fight against the Imprisoned, which you have to do 3 times. It was absolutely tedious with no fun involved.

All in all it was a fun game, but clearly not as good as other titles in the franchise.
  15. Mar 27, 2017
    nunca tuve problemas con los controles y me gustaron mucho los rompecabesas tanto que cuando lo jugue pense que era un juego de 10 pero simpre que trato de volver a jugarlo recurdo a fii y como le gusta a el juego agarrarte la mano y nunca lo vuevo a juegar relmete es un buen juego pero tiene muchos errores del diseño se vulve lento por la nesesidad de incluir a fii interupiedote a cada minuto
  16. Mar 27, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Right off the bat Fi is annoying as hell. We can all agree on that. Motion controls, whilst some have condemned this game and I can honestly say I felt the same within the first few hours of gameplay but after a while it wasn't about swatting spider webs out of ones face, each wave had to be a grace like, gentle motion for the controls to be picked up. Skyward Sword has easily become one of my all time favourite Zelda games, not without fault but by far one of the best I've played.

The story will often have the players revisit the three main areas. The Faron, Lanayru and Eldin provinces. Each area will have hidden areas that players will eventually revisit at certain points in the story which helps makes things a bit more interesting. One thing that could've made this better was having a proper open like world like previous zelda games, but due to certain story elements I guess they deliberately did that for a reason, maybe even for restrictions on the wii.

The story is by far one of the most loveable, engaging and heart yanking Zelda stories I've played. With certain characters growing more closely to Link you actually want to help every npc you come across. The side missions carry the best I have seen in a zelda game apart from Majora's Mask. But in this it feels more like a Utopian society for the people in Skyloft. A place where you don't want any evil to reach due to how peaceful the atmosphere is in the sky. With each character generally being used for a purpose throughout not only the main story but also with side missions. The side missions are a great payoff often resulting in great rewards that help to upgrade gear or purchase better gear. Exploration is as rewarding as ever, some treasure chests having adventure packs which enable Link to carry more bottles, shields, bomb bags etc. Whilst some chests require more exploration to find goddess cubes this also helps to add a little more adventure to those seeking to expand their arsenal.

Whilst the temples in this were by far some of the most unique looking in any Zelda game each having oddly shaped rooms not just cube like rooms the temples were rather short but still quite fun to explore.
    The music is probably by far the best I've heard from any Zelda game, even though Fi was an annoying character her piece of music at the end "Fi's gratitude" did break my heart a little, especially with the final words she says to Link.

The iteration of Link and Zelda in this is by far the most enriching and unique I've seen in any game. As every turn you feel the desperation to help Zelda and to be by her side through any ordeal. Not only has she certain moments when she's in danger but at times she even has Link's back especially when Groose is trying to put Link down. This made the game feel more personal and intimate at times, often getting side tracked but the beautiful art style and landscapes that I hope a HD remake will come onto the switch with clearer and sharper graphics.

The bosses in this, whilst some where eyebrow raise worth such as "Tentalus" all were unique even constant reappearance's of Ghirahim were actually quite fun, especially the way Ghirahim reacted and danced at times. The first encounter with him was remarkably hard to work out or it was just the joy of also fighting with the wii remote was actually quite fun as it wasn't just the usual strike the big yellow object. It was a bit more subtle, as was most of the other bosses. They all seemed to be designed around the motion control which in the end actually worked out quite well for bosses.

I would've liked to have seen more ariel combat with Link being able to hold his side to attack. But given the control layout may've been problematic. One of the most annoying things about this game that hinders it mostly is every time you go back into the game and pick up and item it'll pause the game and go into the inventory and show you what item was picked up, though this can also be skipped by getting out the beetle device and catching the items it still wastes the players time to do something like that especially when it's like a centre metre in front of you.

So overall a great game, with underwater segments and combat abilities, running up shields is awesome to escape confrontations at certain points. Definitely one of my all time favourite Zelda games.
  17. Mar 26, 2017
    The controls are love-em-or-hate-em. If you take an hour or two to really focus on the nuances of the motion controls (small gestures, not giant swinging), you'll fall in love with this game. The puzzles and enemies are unlike any other game because of how precise and fantastic the sword controls are. It's linear, but that aids the story. Also, the characters and side quests make thisThe controls are love-em-or-hate-em. If you take an hour or two to really focus on the nuances of the motion controls (small gestures, not giant swinging), you'll fall in love with this game. The puzzles and enemies are unlike any other game because of how precise and fantastic the sword controls are. It's linear, but that aids the story. Also, the characters and side quests make this world a fantastic one to live in! Expand
  18. Mar 16, 2017
    This may be the most flawed console zelda game of all, but it also has the biggest strenghts of all. The story is great, you feel as if zelda is actually a person, not just a prize and accomplishment for beating the game. Lanaryu Deserts dungeon may be one of the best dungeons ever: creative level design, interesting enemies, great boss fight, good atmosphere. The motion controls neverThis may be the most flawed console zelda game of all, but it also has the biggest strenghts of all. The story is great, you feel as if zelda is actually a person, not just a prize and accomplishment for beating the game. Lanaryu Deserts dungeon may be one of the best dungeons ever: creative level design, interesting enemies, great boss fight, good atmosphere. The motion controls never REALLY bothered me, probaly because my couch is close to the TV.

But the amount of times the game slows you down and the repetitive boss fights, are huge downs. allong with a sky just acting as a hub world, no interconnected world and this being the most linear zelda game ever, are big drawbacks.

The art style and music of this game is the best of any zelda games before it. I don't really care about graphics, but this just amazed me, it looked better then most highly realistic games. And the music is just stunning. I only listen to a few game soundtracks and i listen to this one by far the most. I even have isle of songs playing in the background while writing this.

All in all, this may not be the best zelda game, but i comes close in my opinion.
  19. Mar 12, 2017
    Sensacional, zerei em setenta horas duas vezes, jogue no mode hero, só assim o jogo ficará cem por cento, muito bom, só não bati palma por que eram duas e meia da manhã
  20. Mar 12, 2017
    Whether you are new to the Zelda series, or a long time fan: do yourself a favor and skip this one. This is the only Zelda game I've started and not finished. I really tried to enjoy this game, but around the halfway point I had to put it down because it was SO TEDIOUS.

This game is a hand-holding, linear chore that seem more interested in the quirky characters than the exploration or adventure or problem solving. The motion controls work well enough, but it feels extremely awkward and it causes link's arm animations to be stiff. This makes Link almost always run around pointing his sword in the air like an idiot when at rest. Combat usually boils down to "swing sword from this specific direction" with no variety in strategy. The worst boss fight in the game is reused 3 times. The stamina bar seems to lack utility other than to limit your running. Which is a shame because apart from a couple of really great moments, there is little environment to marvel at. The dungeons themselves are decent, but there are so few of them. The second half of the game is just running back through areas you already were to collect balls of light in this awful mini game.

Go play any other Zelda. This is the series at its lowest point. Go get Breath of the Wild or Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker or Majora's Mask or Link Between worlds. If you are getting this for a child, consider another title please. This will turn your kid into a mindless drone with no ability to think for himself.
  21. Mar 11, 2017
    Although I rather enjoyed this game, I understand and mostly share some of the concerns.

One of the best parts of this game were the cut scenes and the story - although some of the bits in-between were sometimes a bit of a mess, the cutscenes kind of tie it all together. For me, they were one of my main inspirations for proceeding in the game, rather than for the sake of completing it - Always a plus for a game.

I kind of enjoyed the visual style, which was sort of a more traditional, if not more 'bright' rendition of Twilight Princess's theme. It's also noticeable that this 'Brightness' isn't *Too* bright; instead of hurting to look at, you can recognise it as a style rather than a forced lighting change. The areas were nicely presented, but they don't give you as much space to explore, like games such as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask do. Due to this, I think the game might of been a bit better if the areas below actually connected, though I'm not sure how that would work with the whole map and falling through the sky thing the game has going. The 'connecting' of different areas in the majority of other Zelda games, in my opinion, seems to generally make the world feel like its actually a world you're exploring.

Something I didn't really like at all was the whole 'Dowsing' thing in order to get to the dungeon. It kind of takes away the magic of exploring the area and trying to find a way, which is almost never a tedious experience in a lot of other Zelda titles. It also makes the areas almost seem like a one way path which you have to follow, only making very slight detours here and there.

In regards to the motion controls, I honestly didn't have an issue - BUT. If it *does* happen, (and apparently, its more often than you think!), then its a pretty game ruining experience. This is probably just a way of showing off the consoles features in a Zelda title though, so I can kind of see what Nintendo were trying to do. I'll just leave it at that.

All the Zelda games have it - The water temple, That other water temple, The water temple from that other game, you name it: there's always a puzzle which takes too long for you to figure out and ruins the moment, or simply seems like too much of a chore, even for the most determined individual. This wasn't *too* bad of a problem in Skywards Sword, however the parts I remember as being tedious are pretty bad. The whole 'empowering of the master sword' thing seemed cool at first, but it just kind of seemed like they ran out of ideas and were throwing me in slightly different places in the same areas.

Finally, I'd like to address maybe the biggest letdown of the game, the sky. Y'know, the main part of the entire game. I kinda thought they'd have it basically be the reverse of Windwaker's The Great Sea, but what it turned out to be was no where near as good. The sky can be described as just... kind of empty. Sure, there's islands, but they take just that extra 30 seconds too long to actually reach - the in-between is literal nothingness. The Great Sea may of been empty and has quite a large space between islands, but it gives that *Zelda Vibe* of exploration and adventure - Its a whole darn ocean for Pete's sake! There's so much to look at, so much in the horizon, and you want to explore it all. I was hoping for a similar feeling with the sky, but it unfortunately failed to deliver.

Despite all this, they managed to hit a near perfect score with another Zelda game. Again. Huge, Exciting tracks like Ballad of the Goddess alongside peaceful and charming ones like Romance match nearly every scene perfectly. Ballad of the Goddess especially is one of my all time favourite tracks from ANY Zelda game - now that's saying something!

Overall, I'd rate this game a 6/10, though perhaps leaning more towards a 5 than a 7. Although the Cutscenes and music were really good, its lack of exploration and traditional Zelda gameplay which lets this title down. They tried to do something different, but it didn't go all too well. Hopefully this game should reinforce the idea that exploration is a pretty big part of what makes Zelda Zelda.
  22. Mar 11, 2017
    El peor Zelda de todos sin dudarlo. Puede que el juego como tal sea uno de los mejores pero el sistema de control destroza por completo la experiencia.
  23. Mar 6, 2017
    Skyward Sword is one of the best video games I have ever played, the story is amazing, the graphics are the best on wii, the story is the best of the franchise and one of the best stories ever put in a video game, the gear is original, and, the controls and gameplay are also the best of the series. Skyward Sword also has some of the best bosses ever seen in a video game (yes I'm looking atSkyward Sword is one of the best video games I have ever played, the story is amazing, the graphics are the best on wii, the story is the best of the franchise and one of the best stories ever put in a video game, the gear is original, and, the controls and gameplay are also the best of the series. Skyward Sword also has some of the best bosses ever seen in a video game (yes I'm looking at you Koloktos and Ghirahim). What more can I say? This is the best Zelda game ever made and is the ultimate motion-controlled game. Expand
  24. Mar 4, 2017
    Epic adventure. Didn´t expect that a Zelda could get so high level on their story telling capabilities.
    The only thing I would have liked to improve is the duration of the game.

Loved it.
  25. Mar 4, 2017
    The game is well made, with a special attention to the details, as Nintendo always likes to do. I think is unfairly underrated, the most unfairly underrated of all: play with the controls with that so perfect motion precision gives an unique experience, as well as the Paul Cézanne's art style fits perfectly with the whole game concept. There is a great story in (the beginning of theThe game is well made, with a special attention to the details, as Nintendo always likes to do. I think is unfairly underrated, the most unfairly underrated of all: play with the controls with that so perfect motion precision gives an unique experience, as well as the Paul Cézanne's art style fits perfectly with the whole game concept. There is a great story in (the beginning of the chronology of the franchise), and lot of charismatic characters, unforgettable enemies and lot of things to do, places well designed and well thought dungeons. One of the best Zelda games for sure. Expand
  26. Mar 4, 2017
    The color, atmosphere, animation and orchestrated sound really bring it to life. The dungeons are creative with imaginative puzzles. But, like Twilight Princess, it was a unfinished "Zelda".
  27. Mar 1, 2017
    This is a Zelda game with some of the series most fantastic dungeons / puzzles / designs. But sadly its all wrapped around this horrible idea of motion controls. The most difficult part of the game is struggling with getting the motion controls to do what you want, when you need it to. Some of the bosses require specific hand waving motions, and even with the official Wii+ remotes,This is a Zelda game with some of the series most fantastic dungeons / puzzles / designs. But sadly its all wrapped around this horrible idea of motion controls. The most difficult part of the game is struggling with getting the motion controls to do what you want, when you need it to. Some of the bosses require specific hand waving motions, and even with the official Wii+ remotes, sometimes it just doesn't work. It feels like your fighting the motion controls more than the monsters that inhabit this new Legend of Zelda world.

They even put an option in the items menu for re-calibrating the controls since it messes up so often. I had to do this a few times to get to grips with the controls, and it totally takes me out of the experience, since it a strange stoppage to put down your controller, and wait 30 seconds for it to not be stupid.

Visually its one of the best looking Wii era games. Distant backdrop are mosaic-ed in the beautiful colorful scheme throughout the whole game. Characters and creatures are distinctive and make the world feel very much so alive.

I finally just beat the game in preparation for BOTW. (since it was my only Zelda game i never finished) And the story, dungeons, and overall look of the game screams classic Zelda game, but having to play it was a pain, because the motion controls completely ruined the video gaming experience.
  28. Feb 26, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a mixed bag from start to finish. It comes tauntingly close to a really fun and engaging Zelda game at times, but overall it's a drudge to get through. Everything element in the game progresses in a very basic pattern; Fi comes out, tells you to go to unlock a new location, you go to the new location, she tells you to dowse for some items, you dowseThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a mixed bag from start to finish. It comes tauntingly close to a really fun and engaging Zelda game at times, but overall it's a drudge to get through. Everything element in the game progresses in a very basic pattern; Fi comes out, tells you to go to unlock a new location, you go to the new location, she tells you to dowse for some items, you dowse for said items, she tells you to find a dragon, you find the dragon, and then you get to the dungeon. Rinse and repeat. After the first dungeon, everything that follows is completely predictable. The fact that the different areas are disconnected from one another and are only accessed through drop-off points from the hub world only adds to the feeling that you're simply being lead from point A to point B (often literally as you have to dowse for items with your sword far more often than necessary) than getting to explore a vast world. For these reasons, the world you explore is a bust. The combat doesn't fair much better. This may vary person to person, but in my experience the motion controls were unresponsive and often unpredictable which made combat unsatisfying. Fighting simple enemies like keese or bokoblins became a chore. This become even more of a problem when some bosses required being fought multiple times throughout the game. The remaining elements that I felt left down with are the characters and quests. I found both to be rather lacking, with very few interesting NPCs (the Goron bud and Groose were my favorites by far) and most of the side quests boiling down to simple collectathons. All of these things hampered the experience for me greatly, but it's not all bad. The music is great, and the atmosphere is often spectacular. I didn't like Ghirahim as much as other baddies like Vaati, Zant, or Ganon, but he was still a fun character. I also enjoyed the segments where you have to outwit the invincible guardian enemies while running from safe zone to safe zone. I don't think Skyward Sword is a bad game, but it's not a great game. For a game in the Zelda series though, I was personally disappointed. Expand
  29. Feb 14, 2017
    Skyward Sword is the best Zelda game ever made, along with Ocarina of Time. Skyward Sword's graphics are amazing, the best graphics on wii. The controls are the best in the series, they worked flawlessly for me and were extremely immersive. The new items such as the gust bellows, clawshots, bug net, and beetle (the most innovative item in the Zelda series) are amazing and extremelySkyward Sword is the best Zelda game ever made, along with Ocarina of Time. Skyward Sword's graphics are amazing, the best graphics on wii. The controls are the best in the series, they worked flawlessly for me and were extremely immersive. The new items such as the gust bellows, clawshots, bug net, and beetle (the most innovative item in the Zelda series) are amazing and extremely original (I also loved the whip). This game has some of the best boss battles in the series: Koloktos (the best Zelda boss ever, if you ask me), Ghirahim (all 3 battles against him are awesome, especially the 3rd one), Levias/Bilocyte, and of course Demise. The story is the one of the best cinematic experiences ever made (I personally think the game was better off without voice acting), for the first time I actually cared about Zelda. If you have a wii, this is the Zelda game to get. Expand
  30. Jan 22, 2017
    Lack of open overworld makes this a very cheap version of the Zelda concept. The Graphics don't do the game any favor either, featuring an extremely shot render distance and a general feel of blurriness.
  31. Jan 21, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was a long time coming, that's for sure- But, the wait was worth it: in a polished world that pushes the hardware of the wii to its uttermost limit, each and every bird, plant and bug has been carefully placed to create a land of muted pastel colours delivered in excruciating detail. The dungeons flow into the overworld, the overworld flows into theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was a long time coming, that's for sure- But, the wait was worth it: in a polished world that pushes the hardware of the wii to its uttermost limit, each and every bird, plant and bug has been carefully placed to create a land of muted pastel colours delivered in excruciating detail. The dungeons flow into the overworld, the overworld flows into the dungeons, and the many excellent boss fights surprise you in unexpected arenas and levels of challenge. The gameplay is varied by excellent combat that takes full advantage of the great precision of the wiimote plus, interposed with a number of unique puzzles, each different from the last. the characters feel authentic and the story, rendered in a minimalist way, feels true and grounded in the lives of the players on the stage. The spaces that the hero inhabits feel full of secrets and mystery, with new wrinkles in the story frequently revealing hidden elements of what was thought to be an area already long scoured. the mechanics for gameplay are evidently polished and robust; truly, this game sets a high standard of sheer quality of software for coming titles in the series. No doubt, this is one of my favorite video games of all time, and better still, one of the best ones ever made, from an artistic, gameplay, level design, and mechanical perspective. Expand
  32. Jan 9, 2017
    This is a pretty damn good Zelda installment. The graphics look nice, and the music is good. But the plot is one that I didn't really care for and the motion control is just plain bad, though not so bad as to tarnish the whole experience. Overall, I recommend you check it out, as it's really a fun time.
  33. Dec 30, 2016
    Brutal! Mas de 50 horas de juego, y la mejor historia que he jugado (Pensar que nunca había jugado Zelda porque la ladilla de leer y leer - que ignorante fui) Skyward Sword fue burtal! voy por A Link to the Past!
  34. Dec 3, 2016
    I will start off in saying Skyward Sword is overall a great game. Great, but not excellent or amazing like Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess were.

The story is fresh and I think is one of the games strong points. It sets you in a completely different environment than what you are used to in previous titles, reminiscent of Majora's Mask when you realized Termina Field is not Hyrule, but makes sense when you understand that Skyward Sword takes place very early in the LOZ timeline. There are familiar names or "roots" of names you will recognize from other titles (titles that take place in the future of the LOZ timeline) that really makes the story feel special that you are playing through the very early period of the Zelda Universe and setting events in place for the future.

The Wii Motion plus controls -- I love them and I hate them at the same time. The are a breath of fresh air, especially in the beginning, when you realize the game was built around them as opposed to the other way around. Eventually though, you get the feeling that some features are there just for the sake of being there. For example, opening up boss rooms becomes an oft-frustrating task that often boils down to a lucky flip of your wrist instead of precise motion. Other puzzles with the motion controls simply boil down to praying the sensor doesn't go crazy and really fails to make you THINK or challenge your mind to solve it.

The score in this game is also good, but not spectacular. I certainly felt immersed playing in LOZ game with familiar songs and sound effects, the game's music failed to capture my mind in the way that Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess had. Speaking more to TP, the overworld theme of TP is still a song that rings in my memory -- as were the ambiance of various locations throughout the world. SS fails in that respect. The song while flying becomes very repetitive and though an appropriate brass-filled overture for the sky, it just misses the mark for what you'd expect from a newer LOZ game in composition and memorability.

Worth mentioning here is the musical instrument of this game. It felt like a gimmick for the sake of including an instrument. The songs largely do not matter other than a "one time use" to progress the story at specific points, and especially don't matter since you don't control the actual tones with the controls - the game plays it for you. This really disappointed me when you think back to OOT, Majora's Mask, and even TP where the Wolf howling, though superficial at its core, was turned into a memory game that had you controlling the pitch.

Finally, the puzzles. I found most of the game's puzzles to be interesting and challenging, requiring you to integrate knowledge from all previous Zelda games but most impressively they often required you to make use of items you received much earlier in the game. This is a fresh departure from previous Zelda titles where many puzzles only integrate the 1 or 2 items you most recently received while forgetting the rest. All items you get in Skyward Sword have a purpose and may be needed at any point in any dungeon. As great as all of that is, the game also baby's you. The in-game helper (i.e. Navi/Tat'l/Midna equivalent) is EXTREMELY annoying and often interrupts you right when you start to think about where you are or what to do next -- breaking the immersion and the flow of the preceding events or the events that are about to happen. Many times I found myself wishing for a setting for "experienced player" or "advanced player" where I didn't get interrupted and told immediately what to do or where I had to go until I had a chance to figure it out for myself.

This game would have seriously benefited from a simple button to call for help when you wanted it but otherwise leaving you to your own devices until called for. It made the game feel even more linear than it already was having someone constantly saying 'OK go here next', or 'how about do this to solve the puzzle and then go here.'

Overall, Skyward Sword is a great game and fine addition to the series. It falls short of the mark in music, and some of the Wii motion controls end up pissing you off quite a bit. The game has some really challenging puzzles, while also having a little too much nannying or "babying" on the part of the in-game helper. The story is fresh and interesting, but is extremely linear (almost to a fault) and late in the game it has you doing things that feel bored or repetitive as if the tasks only exist to prolong the game but not the story.

I rate this game an 7.5/10 overall, but I just felt there was something missing that made games like OOT and TP the masterpieces that they were. I round down to a 7 because the mini-games and peripheral things to do in SS also fall very short of the mark for me.
  35. Oct 30, 2016
    I've always like the Legend of Zelda franchise. I grew up with it and I've played every game. So I was excited to play Skyward sword.

The game uses advanced motion detection in the controller to better detect player movement. The idea was that they were going to make an attempt at emulating sword play in the game. When I first started playing, I thought it was a unique idea, but the longer I played, the longer I realized I didn't like it, I really wanted to just play with a standard controller.

The game makes it a point to bascially justify the existance of the new motion controller, by making you have to use it constantly. While flying your bird, you have to wave your controller around to make it fly. In almost every dungeon there's stupid ropes you need to swing off of, or tightropes you have to balance on to cross large gaps. These felt fine at first, but once I realized that every location is literally littered with this junk, I became annoyed. Boss doors are locked with these stupid, 3D keys, that you have to spin around and rotate in order to get it to fit into the boss door. Neat concept but poorly used. I spent far too much time trying to figure out how to actually rotate the stupid key.

The Legend of Zelda has never been a platformer game. Granted, some of the games required a bit more climbing or jumping than previous titles, but the design they used for the game is going to have you constantly jumping from platform to platform, swining on ropes and vines and lame distractions like that.

Further, the game simply feels smaller than other titles because of how they chose to design the world. You'll start in a sky city and you can transverse the air with your bird. Once you get deeper into the game, you'll travel to the surface to explore, fight monsters and delve into dungeons. The problem is, these areas are all seperated into smaller locations, which are accessed by the sky. It makes each area feel small and isolated, instead of like a vast kingdom.

There's also your new assistant, Fi, who is constantly bothering you with needless information. She's worse than Navi in the N64 version. You are constantly being harassed by stuff no one cares about. It becomes frustrating really fast.

The reality is, this doesn't really feel like a true Legend of Zelda title, the motion controls really ruined it for me and it felt more like a theme park than a vast unexplored land.
  36. Sep 6, 2016
    This is a truly wonderful game. One of the best I've ever played. It is loaded with epic moments against incredibly-designed enemies, wonderful sword fights that actually feel like swashbuckling -- actually dealing with thrust/parry/swipe quick decisions instead of the "sit there with your shield up until they open up to an attack" characteristic of all other games in this genre --This is a truly wonderful game. One of the best I've ever played. It is loaded with epic moments against incredibly-designed enemies, wonderful sword fights that actually feel like swashbuckling -- actually dealing with thrust/parry/swipe quick decisions instead of the "sit there with your shield up until they open up to an attack" characteristic of all other games in this genre -- head-scratching puzzles, clever relics and wonderful new world mechanics at every phase of the game.

You'll feel the full range of emotions you can get from video games -- the rush of feeling so incredibly powerful; The terror of impossible odds and the relief from overcoming them; the joy of getting to play with a new toy every hour or so; a sense of wonder from exploring the beautiful world designed for this game; both happiness and sadness from the wonderful story; the sheer frustration from some of the most difficult enemies near the end of the game, versus the overwhelming sense of accomplishment when you defeat them.

In the game's predecessor, Twilight Princess, the motion controls felt slapped on. In Skyward Sword, the game is designed around the motion controls, and many of the controls don't feel like they could really be replicated without them. They're very intuitive; my only complaint is at times they can be finicky -- i.e. they don't always respond to what you're *thinking* -- for example, you are thinking "swipe this way" but occasionally instead it swipes a different way. But the game is fun enough that even this seems to be a minor frustration compared to how much the game ROCKS.

Not quite perfect, but just about as close as it gets.
  37. Aug 18, 2016
    By far, the best Zelda game ever. The controls are amazing. People hate the controls because the tend to swing it at a **** 250km/hr. The music is stunning, and the visuals make you orgasm. 10/10
  38. Aug 10, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best Zelda games ever made. The Wii motion plus makes combat both fun and difficult, and the game has a very interesting story.
  39. Jul 24, 2016
    I really wanted to like this game, really put forth the effort to enjoy it. Almost everything about it is amazing. The story, and especially the soundtrack just "works" with the game and the areas therein. The reason it's getting a low score is because of the absolutely worst part of the experience; The controls. I went in with a neutral opinion about them, knowing enough about it from theI really wanted to like this game, really put forth the effort to enjoy it. Almost everything about it is amazing. The story, and especially the soundtrack just "works" with the game and the areas therein. The reason it's getting a low score is because of the absolutely worst part of the experience; The controls. I went in with a neutral opinion about them, knowing enough about it from the manual. I respect Nintendo's choice, the Wii's gimmick was motion controls, and other than SS I can't think of a game I've played that did them horribly, but from the get go I had nothing but issues, and had to re-calibrate them multiple times per session (especially the swimming segments, ughh) It finally came to a head when I was doing the Lightning round, and I was on the very last boss to get the shield. I tried twice. The first time I died and it was my own fault. The second time, I got to the 8th fight, only to die with about one or two hits left because the controls went completely out the window. I calibrated the wii remote 3 times in about a minute or two, and died because despite me thrusting it forward properly (required to hit the bosses last weak point), it made Link swing left and right like a madman regardless of what I did. I cannot in good conscience give this game any positive review, a game is built not just on it's story, sound and graphics, but it's controls (at least in my opinion, your mileage may vary) the things that are the throughput from gamer to game, and in Skyward Sword, they're nothing more than acceptable when they work 100%, and atrocious if they work any less than that. Expand
  40. Jul 22, 2016
    I got this game, not sure about how I would feel. But after beating it, I love Skyward Sword. The motion controls weren't perfect, but they were precise, and very rarely did I ever find myself annoyed because of them. The items are new and unique, and I had fun using them. The game's art style is a mix of Wind Waker's cel-shaded textures and Twilight Princess's more realistic look...and II got this game, not sure about how I would feel. But after beating it, I love Skyward Sword. The motion controls weren't perfect, but they were precise, and very rarely did I ever find myself annoyed because of them. The items are new and unique, and I had fun using them. The game's art style is a mix of Wind Waker's cel-shaded textures and Twilight Princess's more realistic look...and I love it. The bosses are great, not the best, but still hold up well compared to others. The soundtrack is breath-taking. This easily has to have some of the best music in the series. The way you get around is by the use of your Loftwing. The Loftwing controls perfectly, though the sky was a bit empty. And I saved the best for last...the story. This game has a beautiful story, the best in the franchise, and accompanied with the soundtrack, makes an almost perfect cinematic feel. Expand
  41. Jul 16, 2016
    For everything this game does right, it does something wrong. There is too much focus on the Wii Motion Plus, so much so that it completely ignores the fact that the Wii Remote has a pointer. This extends as far as the menus and ranged weapons. I do like upgrading equipment and gathering gameplay elements, but swordplay is where this game suffers. For some the 1-for-1 controls work andFor everything this game does right, it does something wrong. There is too much focus on the Wii Motion Plus, so much so that it completely ignores the fact that the Wii Remote has a pointer. This extends as far as the menus and ranged weapons. I do like upgrading equipment and gathering gameplay elements, but swordplay is where this game suffers. For some the 1-for-1 controls work and others have to just get good at. For me I find it just not fun, and that's sad because I love the Zelda franchise. Expand
  42. Jul 15, 2016
    (BTW small spoilers, like very small. Like, nothing you wouldn't know after the first dungeon. Either way, you probably all ready knew them before reading this) A masterpiece. One of My favorite games of all time, my second favorite zelda game, as well as just video game in general, and the margin between it and wind waker isn't even that big. It easily has the best combat in the series,(BTW small spoilers, like very small. Like, nothing you wouldn't know after the first dungeon. Either way, you probably all ready knew them before reading this) A masterpiece. One of My favorite games of all time, my second favorite zelda game, as well as just video game in general, and the margin between it and wind waker isn't even that big. It easily has the best combat in the series, with intuitive motion controls that are fun, challenging, responsive, and immersive. The story is very emotional, with some of the best story telling in the series, Ghirahims an amazing villain, the relationship shown between link and zelda is soooo cute, and heartwarming, zelda fans will gush over all the lore given in this installment, skyloft is full of fun and rewarding side quest (BTW, give the letter to Karane, you'll know what i mean), the dungeons and bosses are some of the best in the series, It looks beautiful, it has the hands down best soundtrack not only in the series, but in video games as a whole (in my opinion) with ballad of the being goddess's my favorite zelda song ever. My only real problem was with the skydiving, but it only had to be precise enough for it to be annoying once or twice within the story,so it wasn't a problem. In the end, this is the kind of game the wii was made for. One that takes everything that we love from the series, mixes it up just enough to be different, but little enough to keep what makes it so great, and adds the most fun motion controls you could think of. If you have a wii or wii u, and a wii-motion plus controller+ nunchuck, get this game in all it's glory, you will not regret it. Expand
  43. Jul 13, 2016
    Ain't the best out of the series but don't get mad cause this is my 3rd favorite series and I gave this game a 10 so this series is AMAZING! The controls are well the story and gameplay well keep you entertained for hours upon days!
  44. Jun 27, 2016
    This game...is amazing on probaly every level. How could there be negative reviews of this game, if it's the motion controls then that's bullcrap. The graphics are breathtaking, the soundtrack is beautiful, the characters are lovable, the story was great, the puzzles were hard, and the action was awesome. Yeah the controls can be messy at times but why complain about that when there's soThis game...is amazing on probaly every level. How could there be negative reviews of this game, if it's the motion controls then that's bullcrap. The graphics are breathtaking, the soundtrack is beautiful, the characters are lovable, the story was great, the puzzles were hard, and the action was awesome. Yeah the controls can be messy at times but why complain about that when there's so much more positive about this masterpiece. If you haven't played it, do yourself a huge favor and do it. Expand
  45. Jun 22, 2016
    This is such a pretty game, the game has the best story yet. It's the beginning of it all. The graphics, lighting, puzzles and gameplay is amazing as always.
    The only things I didn't really like at all were that Link gets tired of running, climbing and fighting. I've also never really liked the Wii's controls and third, I didn't like the "voice-acting" for the game, Link is supposed to be some sort of nordic elf guy, but the sounds he makes got me picturing a very very very asian guy (like a Ninja kick or something) and the fact that Link and Zelda don't look sexy anymore and look kinda dumb.
    Besides that, this game is very cool to play, amazing story, design and gameplay. Loved playing the Lanayru Dessert.
  46. Jun 19, 2016
    Com uma utilização ótima dos controles de movimento, a melhor historia já contada em toda a franquia de The Legend of Zelda e gráficos que mais parecem uma obra de arte: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword é meu jogo favorito de todos os tempos. 300% Must have.
  47. Jun 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is a good game, but I think that the only thing missing was the essence of the previous games Zelda. Has good graphics, but there aren't compared with those of Twilight Princess. Has a good story and I was shocked when it was revealed that Zelda was the mortal reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia and also when it's revealed that the old woman was Impa (well, I suspect in a principle :v). I also liked that in this game is explained the origin of the Master Sword. It was a little more innovative than Twilight Princess with the controls of the Wii Motion Plus, with the trip by loftwing and how to save the items ("praying" toward a statue of loftwing). Also has regular mini games. Expand
  48. Jun 1, 2016
    Alright this is it... I've decided not to finish the game after the 2nd encounter with the "Big spiky monster". This thing has a name but you just end up absolutely not caring what you do anyway...
    You actually hope until that point that the game is going to be somewhat interesting but it just doesn't...
    You're just assisted, assisted and assisted again, constantly reminded to do this or that by Fi who basically knows everything you have to do... The game should have called "Fi Skyward Sword". Items collection is just pointless since making a shield is close to useless.
    And flying is soooo boring... The bird keeps falling and you just end up free falling and climbing back on the bird just to get some altitude, it's ridiculous how exploring the sky is useless and boring.
    You keep going back and forth to the exact same places...

I have a Wii U so please don't f**k up with the next Zelda Wii U please...
    Love Zelda, all of them. THIS IS NOT A ZELDA GAME.
  49. May 10, 2016
    One of the best games ever! Story, artstyle, gameplay, dungeons are all amazing! Some of the best boss fights in the series! The motion controls also work flawlessly and add new strategy to the sword-fights. Overall a must-have.
  50. Apr 23, 2016
    the legend of zelda: skyward sword é incrível, uma obra de arte, a jogabilidade funciona muito bem, lutas contra bosses divertidas e bacanas menos as batalhas com o aprisionado que chegam a ser repetitivas puzzels e dungeons bem produzidos trilha, sonora maravilhosa, personagens bem feitos o gráfico é bem bonito.
  51. Apr 22, 2016
    me encanto, mi juero favorito, supero por muchoa ocarina of time, ecepto en la historia pero en lo demas por supuesto que si, el control funciona a la perfecccion, nintendo son unos genios al adaptar el wii remote al el juego, las graficas de lo mejor, y al fin hay una tienda y no millones de tiendas inutiles, ahora zelda es mucho mas dificil que antes ya que la inteligencia artificial deme encanto, mi juero favorito, supero por muchoa ocarina of time, ecepto en la historia pero en lo demas por supuesto que si, el control funciona a la perfecccion, nintendo son unos genios al adaptar el wii remote al el juego, las graficas de lo mejor, y al fin hay una tienda y no millones de tiendas inutiles, ahora zelda es mucho mas dificil que antes ya que la inteligencia artificial de los enemigos es la mejor, los admiro nintendo por tan maravilloso juego Expand
  52. Apr 1, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda has been modernized to be supportable for the Wii console and Nintendo sure did a blast to fix us up a modern Zelda game on the Wii.
  53. Mar 24, 2016
    70% of Zelda fans hate this game, some love it, and some think it's just okay. I am one of those people who thinks it's just good and nothing better. Let's start with the story. This game has the most story in any Zelda game. It's not complicated like Sonic 06, Kingdom Hearts, or Metal Gear Solid 4, but it contains character development and it's pretty long. The main point of criticism of70% of Zelda fans hate this game, some love it, and some think it's just okay. I am one of those people who thinks it's just good and nothing better. Let's start with the story. This game has the most story in any Zelda game. It's not complicated like Sonic 06, Kingdom Hearts, or Metal Gear Solid 4, but it contains character development and it's pretty long. The main point of criticism of this game is the motion controls, and it's something you can either love or hate. But as for me, I have mixed feelings toward them. The controls can either be excellent or the bane of your existence. If you swing the remote casually, you will have fun with the controls. However, if you swing the remote like a maniac, then the controls will kick you in the butt. Now, the soundtrack. It's good, but it's pretty forgettable. and some tunes are just... blegh (Lanayru Mining Facility, anyone?) The graphics are extremely ugly in my opinion. I just hate the art style so much. However, I like the story and I like how linear the game is. This may be a turn off for some, but after playing the original Zelda, this is a godsend. The story is filled with likable and memorable characters, and the bosses are just amazing. (Except the imprisoned, f*** that boss.) In the end, this game is good, but nothing special in my opinion. Expand
  54. Mar 3, 2016
    An instant classic. Everything is vibrant and beautiful, from the story to the wonderful breathing world it creates. If you can't handle the controls, it's not the controls problem, you probably have to get good at it. No more auto-targeting arrows with Z for you mister.
  55. Feb 25, 2016
    I played in a friends house, I fall in love with the game and I bought the console. At the beguinnin I felt the story mode sort of easy but after have finished it I played it in hero mode and it was amazing. I enjoyed hours and hours.The best game in that gen.
  56. Feb 24, 2016
    ai esta o jogo que fica empatado em primeiro de melhor jogo de todos os tempos, que é. the legend of zelda twilight princess. o skyward sword foi um jogo bem inovador da série, sem falar na criatividade de criar uma cidade no céu.
    o jogo presenta diversas qualidades como: ótima história, jogabilidade ótima, vários personagens, escudos que quebram com uma certa quantidade de danos e sua linda trilha sonora. fico em duvida de qual é melhor, se é skyward sword ou twilight princess, pois cada um ganha em uma coisa.
  57. Jan 14, 2016
    I skipped Twilight Princess so can't compare but this game is not worth the money or the hype in my view. Odd design choices like a run meter and dodgy motion controls (just unsheathing your sword is ridiculous) make combat and exploration a chore, while the story is just not very interesting. I'm glad they are trying new things but ultimately they tinkered too much with core playI skipped Twilight Princess so can't compare but this game is not worth the money or the hype in my view. Odd design choices like a run meter and dodgy motion controls (just unsheathing your sword is ridiculous) make combat and exploration a chore, while the story is just not very interesting. I'm glad they are trying new things but ultimately they tinkered too much with core play mechanics and not enough with story, character and the way the game unfolds. Expand
  58. Jan 4, 2016
    I picked this game up not knowing what to expect, i heard people say it was the worst Zelda game ever made and some say it was a masterpiece. Really i am in the middle. I loved the animation and the characters. But when i played it i just did not get the same feeling as i did with other Zelda games, and yes i dislike the motion controls. The story is meh and the boss fights are boring onI picked this game up not knowing what to expect, i heard people say it was the worst Zelda game ever made and some say it was a masterpiece. Really i am in the middle. I loved the animation and the characters. But when i played it i just did not get the same feeling as i did with other Zelda games, and yes i dislike the motion controls. The story is meh and the boss fights are boring on the most part. Loved koloktos though, But facing ghirham and the imprisoned over and over was boring to me. Expand
  59. Jan 1, 2016
    Ouch, Zelda Skyward Sword is the worst zelda i ever played... I'm fan of the series since A Link to the Past on SNES, i loved every title until Skyward sword... I had high expectation after loving Twilight Princess (i'm not comparing both!) and i was extremely disappointed in Skyward Sword, the only thing i enjoyed was doing sidequest in Skyloft, the game was so tedious, you were alwaysOuch, Zelda Skyward Sword is the worst zelda i ever played... I'm fan of the series since A Link to the Past on SNES, i loved every title until Skyward sword... I had high expectation after loving Twilight Princess (i'm not comparing both!) and i was extremely disappointed in Skyward Sword, the only thing i enjoyed was doing sidequest in Skyloft, the game was so tedious, you were always going back to place you already been, i really gave up on the game and i was more than halfway through... I did not enjoy the orchestrated ost, i'm really hoping the next zelda on wii u will make up for SS. Expand
  60. Dec 15, 2015
    para mi fue un juego visualmente una obra de arte graficamente es mejor que twilght princess jugablemente es mejory su historia es hermosa un juego que donde los pozzles son de lo mejor de los ultimos tiempos
  61. Dec 13, 2015
    even though Skyward Sword has many this I like it also has a lot of I despise. the good things are as follow the dungeons are great, the motion control is functional, some of the bosses are sweet (specifically Koloktos) and the graphics are in my eyes fit the most with the tone of Zelda. but there are also a lot of things I dislike, some of the bosses are stupid, the motion control whileeven though Skyward Sword has many this I like it also has a lot of I despise. the good things are as follow the dungeons are great, the motion control is functional, some of the bosses are sweet (specifically Koloktos) and the graphics are in my eyes fit the most with the tone of Zelda. but there are also a lot of things I dislike, some of the bosses are stupid, the motion control while functional felt gimmicky, the game is so linear (it´s called a Action/adventure game for a reason), the dowsing is dumb, the flying is boring and Fi (I could go in detail but everyone already did). overall it´s a good game that many people will enjoy but it´s just not my cup of tea Expand
  62. Dec 11, 2015
    By far my favorite video game of all time! It has an amazing story, incredible gameplay, and of course AMAZING MUSIC, I would say the music is best in the series. seriously I can't recommend this game enough!
  63. Dec 7, 2015
    Seriously this game is just amazing, mainly the gameplay with the FANTASTIC dungeons and the new additions to the zelda series, the saires, the item management (in general, how and where you use your items, the customization,etc..), AND THE BEST OF ALL THE SWORDHANDLING (it is so fun, I think it's one of the most immersive games in history). The strory is also a decent one, with explainingSeriously this game is just amazing, mainly the gameplay with the FANTASTIC dungeons and the new additions to the zelda series, the saires, the item management (in general, how and where you use your items, the customization,etc..), AND THE BEST OF ALL THE SWORDHANDLING (it is so fun, I think it's one of the most immersive games in history). The strory is also a decent one, with explaining partially how the zelda universe began, with some cool characters. the music is also very good, it seems that it is just a little bit too quite (or subtile ?) for some heavy metal fans (no hate I actually like heavy metal). The only thing I have to complain about (in comparison to the other Zelda games) is the lack of side-quests-and-characters, the 3 areas that you visit during your adventure, in contrast to the overworld, are very desert, and have litteraly no life in it, no side charachters that you spend some time with. But seriously who gave these bad scores to the game ? I think personnaly that they are some lazy people (again, no hate i'm lazy too, hope you understand) who want to complain about everything, even about things that are not complainable (like the controlls of this game)
    , no serioulsy start criticising your own physical (or mental, both are in most cases relied) handicape that makes you inable to move your arm properly, and actually enjoying this game.
  64. Nov 30, 2015
    amei, simplesmente o melhor jogo que eu já joguei até hoje, tem uma linda história, um jogo muito bem feito e criativo, o jogo usa todo o poder dos controles com wii motion plus, o jogo também tem uma linda trilha sonora, recomendo pra quem gosta de jogos de aventura e goste de muitos segredos dentro do jogo.
  65. Nov 6, 2015
    A great entrance to the Zelda series. The movement controls are quite innovative, the graphic style is beautiful, the soundtrack follows the line of the series, is still very good. The problem is the exploitation of the scenario, which is very unexplored by producers. The Sky is so empty that is tedious fly by him. Zelda Skyward Sword is a obligatory game for the Wii.
  66. Nov 3, 2015
    Almost on par with Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, but the gimmicky wii motion controls can be troublesome at times, especially in the most dire situations.
  67. Nov 2, 2015
    The best game ever made in my opinion. From the instant i turned it on couldn't turn it off by far the best game on the Wii a must have for any adventure fan.
  68. Oct 21, 2015
    Best game of 2011 by far and my second favorite Wii game and Zelda game of all time. The controls work almost flawlessly, the story and characters are fantastic, sure there are flaws no game is perfect, flying can be a bit frustrating at times, having to recalibrate the wiimote can be a little annoying, not to me though, but the positives outpace the negatives by too much, this games isBest game of 2011 by far and my second favorite Wii game and Zelda game of all time. The controls work almost flawlessly, the story and characters are fantastic, sure there are flaws no game is perfect, flying can be a bit frustrating at times, having to recalibrate the wiimote can be a little annoying, not to me though, but the positives outpace the negatives by too much, this games is amazing, 100% recommended if you own a Wii or WiiU. Expand
  69. Oct 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The legend of zelda skyward sword is in my opinion the best wii game and one of the greatest games of all time. Right from the beginning you know the game will be incredible. The stunning cutscenes in the first hour in the game are mind blowing and suck you into the world of skyloft and for the first time in a while it makes you care about the NPCs in skyloft. The big issue people had with this game had to be the motion controls. Well to put it bluntly it was either you or the controller because the controls for me worked perfectly. The story starts off a bit slow but its still great. Zelda invites you to the statue for some flying practice before the ceremony but your bird is nowhere to be found you then confront a bully named groose who actually hid your bird, you find it win the ceremony but zelda gets sucked into a tornado to the surface after you wake up Fi guides you to the statue you get a sword and begin your adventure. The surface is divided into faron woods, eldin volcano and lanayru desert with multiple challenges in ecah but that will be too long to explain. Just play it Expand
  70. Aug 17, 2015
    This is the worst Zelda game. That doesn't mean it's a bad game though, since Zelda does set the bar pretty high. I'm mostly turned off by how uninspired it is. Instead of someone saying "I have a great idea for a new Zelda game," it feels like someone said "we need a new Zelda game for the Wii, so what can you come up with?" The story is the same old boring crap about how you're the heroThis is the worst Zelda game. That doesn't mean it's a bad game though, since Zelda does set the bar pretty high. I'm mostly turned off by how uninspired it is. Instead of someone saying "I have a great idea for a new Zelda game," it feels like someone said "we need a new Zelda game for the Wii, so what can you come up with?" The story is the same old boring crap about how you're the hero of destiny who has to fulfill a prophecy. Every single item in this game is based on an item in another Zelda game. And Navi doesn't hold a candle to how obnoxious your sidekick is now. As a testament to how sloppily this game was thrown together, it was released with the most glaringly fatal glitch that has ever been seen in a Nintendo game. I'm sure the developers were all very embarrassed by how badly this reflects on them.

One thing that annoys me about this game is that it was advertised as going at the beginning of the "official Zelda timeline." I could write a whole other review about how stupid that timeline is and how I wish they could just treat Zelda like many other highly respected series like Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem by accepting that the games don't have to be connected in their storylines. Anyway, since I was expecting this game to be set at the very beginning, I kept my fingers crossed in hopes that they wouldn't start the game off with the Wind Waker Zelda trope of having hieroglyph-like murals explain the ancient historic conflicts that occurred long before this game. And sure enough, that's exactly how this game starts. And the game is full of references to the distant past, like with the admittedly cool mechanic of having time shift stones reveal the world of 1000 years ago. It's full of ancient things because the makers of this game don't know how to do things any differently, but also because I'm sure the decision to put this game at the beginning of the timeline came after the game was already made and so the writers were not part of that conversation. Minish Cap explains the origins of Link's hat, so if you want Link to have his signature hat in the game you better put it after Minish Cap in the timeline!

To be fair, I do appreciate the few new things they tried with this game, like the stamina bar and the limited inventory space. But the problem is that both of those things serve to limit what you can do and so are perceived as nothing but an annoyance! Players want to feel empowered rather than stunted, and so those new features fall flat on their face. And speaking of empowerment, I'm sick of the Zelda story trope of having your every move be predetermined as part of some prophecy, which is hit harder in this game than any other. I'd like to carve my own destiny, thank you very much.
  71. Jul 29, 2015
    Just a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    iiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllll masterpiece.
  72. Jun 27, 2015
    This game is not a good game. Unlike every other Legend of Zelda game, this 'game' uses spotty, imprecise motion controls to control Link's sword and Harp. This results in a lot of pain and annoyance, as the Harp is rendered almost unusable. There's also no 'classic control' option, so you are stuck with the fricking motion controls.
    The Imprisoned is also very cheap, and thus very
    The Imprisoned is also very cheap, and thus very annoying; he can climb on the second encounter, and fly on the third. In a circular arena, this is absolutely stupid, as he can easily, easily gain an advantage, as Link cannot fly; this is compounded by the next stupid design decision.
    The limited stamina gauge. No other Link has this distinction, so why should this one? The limited stamina means that you cannot run all around to your heart's content, as Link gets tired. This also limits how often you can use the spin attack, a move that has been weakened from previous (and future) games. The limited running also makes the Imprisoned fights worse, as you have to catch up to him (sometimes needing to run to an air gust to be blown to the higher level) while fighting the limited stamina. This is absolutely stupid.
    The Silent Realm is also very stupid, as first Link has to use the Harp (which uses the flawed motion controls, as stated above). Once in, Link has none of his items, and fails if touched by a Guardian. As soon as you step out of the initial ring, the Guardians awake and hunt Link down. Sure, they're put to sleep if a Sacred Tear is collected, but taking too long, being caught in a spotlight, or even touching Water all results in them waking up again. If Link's damaged by a Guardian, he has to start ALL OVER AGAIN - only missing one Tear? TOO BAD - YOU NEED TO COLLECT THEM ALL AGAIN.
    The fact that the same basic mechanic (collecting Tears to progress) was present in Twilight Princess, and was done infinitely better in said game (no Guardians, no time limit, no extra bullsh), is shameful.
    The method taken by the game to upgrade shields, items and potions is absolutely annoying, especially when it comes to the rarer materials (such as Blue Bird Feather and Goddess Plume). These materials are a pain to get, and obtaining bugs is also a nuisance, as they can fly away and ruin your enjoyment.
    Lastly, tomboyish Zelda is not a good Zelda; be more like your Twilight Princess or The Wind Waker counterpart, and be quiet and meek.

Skyward Sword should not be considered a 'perfect' or 'near-perfect' game; its many, many flaws (many of which were not present in The Wind Waker or Twilight Princess, nor in A Link Between Worlds) prevent it from being a 'fantastic' game. All the stupid flaws listed above relegate Skyward Sword to a 4/10.
  73. May 31, 2015
    nota 9,5 Un control perfecto
    nota 9,5 Un control perfecto
    Zelda skyward llego a la wii para demostrar el potencial de la consola, el uso del wiimote en su perfección y una ves mas nintendo demuestra por que es la reina de la innovaccion creando un entretenido y único uno de los grandes de wii bueno, quiero hablarles de los puntos negativos del juego, demasiado lineal nuevamente el mismo problema que tenia twilight princess, se pierde mucho el tema de exploración en el juego y para los jugadores avanzados se les hace muy fácil lograr los objetivos demasiado tutorial en el juego te explican hasta lo mas sencillo y eso quita mucho tiempo de juego, esta bien que nintendo quiera entrar a las nuevas generaciones a la saga zelda y es un buen juego para empesar con esta maravillosa franquicia pero para los mas veteranos se nos hace un poco tedioso lo que es el tutorial vamos con los puntos que me maravillaron del juego, mazmorras para mi son una de la mejores de la saga zelda, con puzzles muy entretenidos que explotan el wiimote al máximo una gran
  74. May 22, 2015
    Skyward Sword takes place long before any other Zelda game. Link lives on a floating island called Skyloft along with (non-princess) Zelda, who gets swept away by a tornado. Now Link must venture to the surface to rescue her (the story is deeper than it sounds). There are three large fields: forest, desert, and lava. You traverse a single dungeon in each of these (which don’t feel asSkyward Sword takes place long before any other Zelda game. Link lives on a floating island called Skyloft along with (non-princess) Zelda, who gets swept away by a tornado. Now Link must venture to the surface to rescue her (the story is deeper than it sounds). There are three large fields: forest, desert, and lava. You traverse a single dungeon in each of these (which don’t feel as secluded as in past games) and then return for a second one. The sense of adventure is great as you explore the game’s colorful world. This game has ample new features added to it: upgrading equipment using materials you find, swinging the Wii Remote in varied directions to slash your enemy in that direction (think you look stupid or not, it adds another layer to the combat), discovering miniature floating islands as you fly on a Lowftwing, etc. I understand the mixed opinions on this game, but I believe that most of its changes were for the better and I’d have to say it’s the best Zelda yet. I played it for around 68 hours and really enjoyed the majority of it. Expand
  75. May 19, 2015
    This is hands down my favorite Zelda game of all time. This game looks fantastic with it looking like a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The controls were great too with the Wii Motion Plus and it really makes me feel like I'm wielding the Master Sword. This game has really brilliant dungeons and for once, the Water Temple doesn't suck! My favorite part of this game is the storyThis is hands down my favorite Zelda game of all time. This game looks fantastic with it looking like a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The controls were great too with the Wii Motion Plus and it really makes me feel like I'm wielding the Master Sword. This game has really brilliant dungeons and for once, the Water Temple doesn't suck! My favorite part of this game is the story and character development. This game has an incredibly compelling plot and it would still feel like a Zelda game all the way through. When it comes to character development, you actually have a reason to save Zelda, other than her just being the damsel in distress or something. If I can describe this game in one word, it would be "Masterpiece". This was a perfectly fitting game to come out in the franchise's 25th anniversary. Expand
  76. Apr 26, 2015
    I loved this game, but oh my god the amount of people around here just ripping IGN here makes me want to cry. Come on people, you're making us look bad,
  77. sdc
    Apr 17, 2015
    **** those idiots who hate this game for no other reason than to promote hatred for the Wii, THIS is how you do it. Engaging story, immersive graphics, beautiful music, tight controls, and the best level design of all time, THIS is rightfully the best game ever.
  78. Apr 5, 2015
    For everything this game does right it does five things wrong. One of the laziest games Ive ever seen by definition. Reused worlds, reused temples, reused bosses, a three hour prologue, and a completely empty sky simply there to make the game last longer. This might not be the worst thing ever made but it is by far the worst Zelda game there is. But more importantly, it's just unforgivably lazy.
  79. Apr 1, 2015
    The fact that this game has a 7.9 user rating suprises me. I am not a veteran Zelda player, skyward sword was my first Zelda game, so I have no idea how it compares to other in the series. That being said, this game is amazing. The story, the characters, the pacing are all perfect, however the gameplay is where it shines the most. Using the motion controls of the Wii, skyward sword makesThe fact that this game has a 7.9 user rating suprises me. I am not a veteran Zelda player, skyward sword was my first Zelda game, so I have no idea how it compares to other in the series. That being said, this game is amazing. The story, the characters, the pacing are all perfect, however the gameplay is where it shines the most. Using the motion controls of the Wii, skyward sword makes you feel like you are actually swinging a sword, using a bow, controlling objects and many other things. This game is the best game I have ever played. Expand
  80. Mar 22, 2015
    I've never played a game with such fantastic controls and gameplay as this. Skyward Sword amazed me at every turn from its thrilling story to its shocking plot twists (does that count as a spoiler?) and its Wind Waker-esque art style. Skyward Sword takes the best from all the Zelda games (except for the three-day cycle, that is) and makes it bigger and better than ever before. The combatI've never played a game with such fantastic controls and gameplay as this. Skyward Sword amazed me at every turn from its thrilling story to its shocking plot twists (does that count as a spoiler?) and its Wind Waker-esque art style. Skyward Sword takes the best from all the Zelda games (except for the three-day cycle, that is) and makes it bigger and better than ever before. The combat is improved and the motion controls add new life to an already great franchise. Skyward Sword is one word: outstanding. Expand
  81. Mar 22, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was only finished by me because it had "Zelda" in the title, but had it been a title of its own accord I would have taken the disk out and snapped it in half. Let me be clear, the game is beautiful, has a marvelous story that any Zelda fan will love, and the dungeon design is remarkable. However, one glaring flaw looms over any light this game has, andThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was only finished by me because it had "Zelda" in the title, but had it been a title of its own accord I would have taken the disk out and snapped it in half. Let me be clear, the game is beautiful, has a marvelous story that any Zelda fan will love, and the dungeon design is remarkable. However, one glaring flaw looms over any light this game has, and that is Nintendo's mistake in pushing Wii Mote motion controls down our throats with gimmicky, frustrating, counter-intuitive gameplay mechanics.

Skyward Sword is the genesis story of Hyrule, Link, and Zelda. According to Hyrule Historia, it is before any other Zelda entry we have played yet, and it'll likely be the earliest chronological entry for awhile. Thus, it is exciting to see how the world was before the Hero of Time, Winds, Seasons, Ages, etc. Without spoiling anything I'll say that this is a prequel done right, building up all Zelda games and establishing even more rich and satisfying lore for Hyrule. Although the motion controls can be agonizing, I did feel rewarded when I was able to witness another cutscene and discover more of the story Nintendo had to tell.

This story is told by following a young lad, Link. Our hero resides in the Skyloft and through a series of unfortunate events must take up a sword and head to the Surface below. This sword can then be used to defeat enemies by waving your Wii Mote side to side, up and down, diagonally, or by jabbing it forward. Certain enemies such as the plant-monster "Deku Baba" have slits in their mouth, either horizontal or vertical and you must slash your Wii Mote in the correct motion to cut along the groove and vanquish the beast. This battling system is carried over to other enemies, sometimes with more grace and other times with excruciating precision. The problem is is that for some enemies failure to swing your sword in the correct path results not only in a miss, but also damage to yourself. This damage can be extreme in a boss fight and turn the tides against you at crucial moments. It was quite a shame that I was unable to switch to a more traditional control scheme to maneuver through the game. I felt no connection with Link or any increased immersion. On the contrary, I felt disconnected and angry at times when the game should have been simple.

Graphically the game is held back by the Wii's standard definition technology, but Nintendo uses the blurriness and lack of pixel density to create a water-color art style that makes the game visually bearable and a little less dated. Several times I was in awe at the beauty of a landscape for the water-color effect seems to magnify for environments farther away. However, I did find myself fantasizing of how it could be even MORE beautiful in high definition. Perhaps in the future.

The music of Skyward Sword is genius. Like Ocarina of Time and other 3D Zelda titles, melodies and scores drive the plot forward, and Skyward Sword does this very well. I remember playing one specific moment in the game where a melody played uniting a previous Zelda theme with a tune found within Skyward Sword, creating a whole new masterful composition. After tedious controls through perilous dungeons, I received a musical reward that made me say "This is a magical moment that makes the game worth it."

That's what Skyward Sword is. At the end of the day, it is magical and worth it. I had said that the only reason I finished it was because it had "Zelda" in the title. Some would say that is a silly reason to keep playing, but for those that know what having "Zelda" in the title truly means, then they know there is a lot of weight to that reason, and the power in that does outweigh the controls and dated graphics. If you are a Zelda fan there should be no doubt that you must play this entry. It will enhance your knowledge of Hyrule lore, allowing you to dwell even deeper into other Zelda titles. If you are not a Zelda fan or haven't experienced Zelda yet - do NOT start here. It may be the first chronological Zelda, but it shouldn't be the first you play. Play the previous 3D Zelda's first and then return here. The others are masterpieces, this is just good.
  82. Mar 16, 2015
    Die Steuerung war zwar gewöhnungsbedürftig , auch die Grafik , aber der Soundtrack (Orchestral *.*) , die Dungeons und die Bosse + Ideen waren überragend , auch Ghirahim konnte ich etwas abgewinnen ^-^
  83. Mar 13, 2015
    To everybody who hates on this game for being linear and having motion controls really make it worth giving a 0. If you want to see what a zero looks like check out Big Rigs over the Road racing. This game is not perfect but it does so much right at the same time that it can be forgiven. First of all the motion controls for me worked 95% of the time. I don't know why some people had such aTo everybody who hates on this game for being linear and having motion controls really make it worth giving a 0. If you want to see what a zero looks like check out Big Rigs over the Road racing. This game is not perfect but it does so much right at the same time that it can be forgiven. First of all the motion controls for me worked 95% of the time. I don't know why some people had such a problem getting them to work properly. The only real flaw that this game has is the companion Fi. She is just so annoying spouting exposition and pointing out the painfully obvious. But story wise she works great Expand
  84. Feb 9, 2015
    Quick, Fi! Summarize the cut scene I LITERALLY watched less than 1/2 a second ago! Let's explore the same places 7 million times! Where is the eye I need to hit?
    Good game.
  85. Jan 22, 2015
    Skyward sword a fantasitic game:

Skyward sword a fantasitic game:

I just need to say the controls in skyward sword were not bad guys they were actually very responsive and the combat was really cool cause it meant that every fight was like a chess game reacting to what the enemy did and reacting upon the action your enemy took. i reallyyyyyyyy like the combat that also made the bossfights very cool i especilly liked the giantrobot which named has escaped my head right now.

I agree tht t took som getting use to but when you or at least when i did i truly felt that i was the great hero who was send on a questwielding the skyward sword in my hand. i know some might think that this game had no exploration which might be true i didnt really bother me cause i was so driven by chaacters cool gameplay and a fatastic story. Also i think that the way they made the game by not only focussing on dungeons but also the land sorrunding them was fantastic and made me explore a far more great area than just a dungeon.

I also really liked the side mission which made me learn a lot more about some of the best charecters the zelda series had to offer while taking me on quest which were generally exciting and made me explore.

The puzzels in this are also fantastic made so they're not cheap (so you ge stuck and) but stil quite interestin/demanding of the player.

The places you wentwere also amazing and place were unique which made you feel like you were treversing great distances and added to the feeling that you were and a epic journe.

It always felt like i was on an adventure which is what i want from a zelda game and i never felt frustrated in this game it always made me want to keep going because of all the things i ave listed. I really love this game and i get a feeling playing this game which none other can recreate. I even like this game more than ocarina of time a lot more actually, this game is truly a masterpiece.

Ps: shooting with bow and arrow in this game is the best thing ever espesially when you snipe an enemy from a long distance :3
  86. Jan 21, 2015
    I beat the first temple (thats enough to judge the game i believe) and the game is good. Solid story, big map, decent art style, eh....ok characters. The bright colored world is different but probably most similar to wind waker if i had to choose anyway the game has good intentions but what really got to me were the motion controls. The motion controls are very annoying and difficult. ThisI beat the first temple (thats enough to judge the game i believe) and the game is good. Solid story, big map, decent art style, eh....ok characters. The bright colored world is different but probably most similar to wind waker if i had to choose anyway the game has good intentions but what really got to me were the motion controls. The motion controls are very annoying and difficult. This zelda had the worst controls of the entire franchise. The controls is what lowered the score of this game for me. Nintendo is a great company and what is cool about them is that they are always trying something new and succeed a lot but sometimes you fail. That being said everything besides the controls are solid so i believe my score is reasonable until i play the game more Expand
  87. Jan 18, 2015
    I really liked the motion control this game offered. It made me feel much more immersed into the game.
    A blast game to try it out!! The story, plot are so well written. A master piece.
    I truly like it that you can upgrade your items by collecting materials that are spread out in the world. It makes me feel upgrading myself all time by upgrading.

A master piece.
  88. Jan 17, 2015
    It amazes me how every Legend of Zelda game has been an incredible masterpiece. There is nothing bad I can say about this game. If you own a Wii, you have to own this.
  89. Jan 11, 2015
    I'm just going to cut to the chase, This game honestly kinda sucks. If it wasn't on the **** console in recent history then things could have been FAR different but as it is the controls are wonky thanks to the fact that you have to reset your freaking controller every few minutes just so that you can actually freaking play the game. The graphics are decent but they are blended with aI'm just going to cut to the chase, This game honestly kinda sucks. If it wasn't on the **** console in recent history then things could have been FAR different but as it is the controls are wonky thanks to the fact that you have to reset your freaking controller every few minutes just so that you can actually freaking play the game. The graphics are decent but they are blended with a bubblegum bright color scheme to hide the fact that the wii was a cheap piece of **** barely capable of producing graphics on par with the gamecube.

My biggest gripe with this game is that every aspect of it seems to be marketed towards children. All of the things that made Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask so amazing are completely absent in this game. The dark brooding atmosphere and creative enemies and bosses are replaced with neon bright colors and almost friendly looking foes, Not to mention the fact that there are like. MAYBE twenty people in the floating city that you are protecting and the fact that the freaking zoras are replaced with TALKING SEAHORSES.

This game is just plain **** and I never even bothered to finish it.
  90. Jan 11, 2015
    Skyward Sword is a fantastic game, and my personal favorite in the series. The elegant and engaging control system is what makes this game my most cherished in the series. The dungeon and puzzle designs are top notch, and the boss fights are thrilling. The art style is beautiful and unique. There are some minor flaws such as the occasional control hiccup, a general lack of meatySkyward Sword is a fantastic game, and my personal favorite in the series. The elegant and engaging control system is what makes this game my most cherished in the series. The dungeon and puzzle designs are top notch, and the boss fights are thrilling. The art style is beautiful and unique. There are some minor flaws such as the occasional control hiccup, a general lack of meaty exploration (likely due to the limitations of Wii hardware), unpolished graphics in some places and some backtracking, but overall the game is a masterpiece. 11/10. Expand
  91. Dec 27, 2014
    The game is perfect. The controls are great,the story was awesome,the art style was beautiful, and everything else was great a awesome game. The one bad thing Fi but only during the first part. Still i love the game as much or more than Ocarina of Time.
  92. Dec 7, 2014
    Controls are awesome. Visuals and story are best in the series. Sure it's a little more linear but I think it a change for the best. Stop reading this review and go buy it, it's not very expensive on half.com or Amazon.
  93. Nov 27, 2014
    Zelda Skyward sword was a game that was meant for Wii U but rushed to be sold on the Wii console, that's the only possible explanation, since it showed elements that had enormous potential, yet snowballed in the small but relevant aspects of a Zelda game, being the worst Zelda I've ever played so far and the only ones i still haven't played are the ones on Phillips CDI.

The story:

The story: Filled with the new Japanese trend where the evil guy belittles the hero only to find himself being beaten at the end. But besides that it still keeps a Zelda-ish story.

The World: A world you want to explore yet you find yourself walking around small stages-like maps with some puzzles that unlocks an item in another map that you have visited hundreds of times(ridiculous), with the exception of the desert map(that was an awesome fresh map). The concept of an explorable sky world was awesome but it was so empty and monotonous that exploring it didn't give me any satisfaction.

The assistant: Useless, annoying, it's like one of those MTV shows were they test how long can you keep your cool before raging making her the hardest boss of the game. Not only it will interrupt you in the middle of a fight breaking your "immersion", it will do it to inform you about trivial things or things you already know.( PS: She also spoils all the puzzles in the game.....a game that consists about puzzles and exploration)

The Menu: Was decent.....until you reach the part where you start picking up items to upgrade your equipment... Who was the genius who thought it was a good idea to show you the menu and the explanation every time you turn on the game and pick one of those items?? If you are in the middle of a fight and a monster drops one of those you will not only see the classic pick up animation, but also be taken to the collectible items menu where they will show you what you collected.....

(I'm not implying they should make the puzzles harder to solve, but to actually give the player a chance to think of a solution, instead of having the assistant playing the role of a tourist guide immediately.

The items: Really liked the scarab one, it really made full use of the wiimote, the whip was so-so since it was pretty much a fancy grappling hook. The other items didn't add anything new to the game except that new interaction with the bomb.

The mount: Funny to use, but only available in two maps which is kind of sad, also you cant use your items while you are mounting it....

The final boss: Didn't even face him, Phi, the true final boss beat me after the "final boss" opened the portal to the final battle.

So to the people who gave this game a good rate and dare to criticize those who disliked it should go back to all the other Zelda and play them once again.

It didn't feel like a Zelda.

No interesting side quests, extra items and stories
    Lack of puzzles( since Phi spoils them)
    Lack of open world elements

1/10 as a Zelda

3/10 as a Game
  94. Nov 27, 2014
    One thing I loved about this game is how they took Zelda into a new direction. At first I did not think the motion controls would work; but it really works for this game! I had a few problems here and there however; they were very minor so it did not ruin the true experience. For game-play wise it was fine although I still prefer the GameCube remote. It may not be my favorite Zelda title;One thing I loved about this game is how they took Zelda into a new direction. At first I did not think the motion controls would work; but it really works for this game! I had a few problems here and there however; they were very minor so it did not ruin the true experience. For game-play wise it was fine although I still prefer the GameCube remote. It may not be my favorite Zelda title; nevertheless you should still give this a try. Expand
  95. Nov 22, 2014
    I have a bunch of small complaints but the big one is the motion controls. It's an interesting idea but it makes fighting simple enemys very difficult. So think about it, do I wanna play a video game or do I wanna get sword fighting lessons?
  96. Nov 21, 2014
    This game is like a mad scientist's experiment to create the worst possible Legend of Zelda game. Vast, explorable words? Take that out, and put in clunky flying to get anywhere. Awesome monster, boss, and level designs? Nah, replace that **** with repeating dungeons, recycled bosses (you literally fight two bosses twice), and very few monster types.
    Vast arsenal to collect and use? Hah,
    Vast arsenal to collect and use? Hah, how about a limited inventory that can only be expanded by collecting thousand of rupees to have a slightly less tiny inventory? Oh, you also have to farm for items like a Monster Hunter game to improve your items...except you're walking as slow as you can with a bug net to catch one bird. That's fun right?
    But the real fun comes with the combat. And by fun, I mean swinging, and getting ticked off that the controller doesn't pick up what direction you're swinging in. And you thought Navi was bad? Wait until you get to meet Fi, who makes her look like a pleasant walk in the park.
    Top all of this off with a dash of fetch quests, a sprinkle of escort missions, a dallop of glitches, and a heap of dungeons just to get to the actual temples, and you have yourself a bafflingly disappointing LoZ game. At least with Wind Waker, I can understand why people enjoyed it while I personally didn't. With this game, I honestly can't see what people even like about it.

The music is nice, though.
  97. Nov 16, 2014
    This game had potential. Good storyline, decent maps, and a cool new way for transportation. After you stop drooling from all these great new features let's get into the needy greedy. Nintendo tries to implement their motion plus. This makes it really annoying. You will be constantly trying to level it again and again making it difficult to control. This game makes you use thisThis game had potential. Good storyline, decent maps, and a cool new way for transportation. After you stop drooling from all these great new features let's get into the needy greedy. Nintendo tries to implement their motion plus. This makes it really annoying. You will be constantly trying to level it again and again making it difficult to control. This game makes you use this feature by controlling your transportation, sword, and many other aspects. Not cool, especially when fighting enemies. I think I got half way in the game and haven't picked it up since. I'm sure I would have had a better experience if Nintendo gave me a controller option.

-Game_Row
  98. Nov 2, 2014
    This is a Wii game everyone must have! It's amazing in every single aspect. I'm talking plot, graphics, atmosphere, bosses, and Kikwis!
    Well done Miyamoto, Nintendo!
    Oh and Warning: Be prepared for Kolotos!
  99. Oct 31, 2014
    This was the first Zelda game I ever played. I was amazed by how fun it was. When I first got the wii, I remember playing wii sports resort fencing, and saying that I wish there was an entire game based off this mechanic. On Christmas my brother got this game and it just sat there. One day I played it and had a ton of fun. the motion controls worked fine I have no idea why people dislikeThis was the first Zelda game I ever played. I was amazed by how fun it was. When I first got the wii, I remember playing wii sports resort fencing, and saying that I wish there was an entire game based off this mechanic. On Christmas my brother got this game and it just sat there. One day I played it and had a ton of fun. the motion controls worked fine I have no idea why people dislike them. it is like no other game. Now I love the Zelda series. I have played almost every game in the series and this is still one of my favorites. A must play. Expand
  100. Oct 28, 2014
    Don't listen to bad reviews, they're just pissed because of the motion controls and more linear structure, but that doesn't make this game any less a Zelda game. The motion controls work great, and the story, while not the strongest in the series, it's quite good. Same with the music, it's great.

Going into the stuff this game does right, there are the dungeons; this game has easily the strongest set of dungeons in the series and the bosses are as good as Ocarina's and Twilight's. It also has the best characters and character development, with a Zelda that you actually care about. The game is colorful and it's one of the best looking games on the Wii. One worry I had was that it would overuse the motion controls like most Wii games, thankfully it doesn't.

Now, for what the game did wrong, it feels kind of linear because you go back to the first three areas twice, the difference each time you go back is that you explore new regions. People use this as an excuse to say that it's linear, but it's just an illusion. The other major thing I have issues with is Fi, she is by far worse than Navi. This are all just little complaints that don't really affect much the experience.

This is a must play if you have a Wii, and remember, don't listen to the bad reviews.
  101. Mar 16, 2012
    I loved this game!!! Its use of the Wii motion plus controller fits, and i feel that it certainly lives up to the long legacy before it. In fact, i found the improvements quite satisfying, because instead of simply whacking your enemy as in old games, you are supposed to strategize where, when, and how to hit your enemy to find their weakness. Many enemies even fight off your attacks byI loved this game!!! Its use of the Wii motion plus controller fits, and i feel that it certainly lives up to the long legacy before it. In fact, i found the improvements quite satisfying, because instead of simply whacking your enemy as in old games, you are supposed to strategize where, when, and how to hit your enemy to find their weakness. Many enemies even fight off your attacks by being able to anticipate your next strike and defend against it, causing the game to be far more engrossing than many of its predecessors. This game does, however, take TIME to complete, though you will seldom be board due to a nice number of side quests. The only reason it did not score a perfect 10 with me is because it is slightly repetitive, but all in all the many places to explore were spell bounding, and did not reek of the same desperate darkness found in twilight princess. For me, this game can even be in the running with Ocarina of time (yes, i went there.) and certainly stands above all earlier Zelda games when it comes to animation. I recommend this game to ANY Zelda lover, or any gamer at all who is looking for a fantastic purchase. Collapse

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.