7.9

1. Nov 25, 2011
    To everyone giving this game a 0 out of 10, all I can say is "haters gonna hate". Most likely xbox and ps3 fanboys who are angry at the 95 score critics gave this. That or trolls, always the trolls. Anyway I have been a hard core gamer for years. I grew up on Nintendo and slowly moved over to the way of the PC. I still buy Nintendo systems simply for Super Mario and Zelda titles.To everyone giving this game a 0 out of 10, all I can say is "haters gonna hate". Most likely xbox and ps3 fanboys who are angry at the 95 score critics gave this. That or trolls, always the trolls. Anyway I have been a hard core gamer for years. I grew up on Nintendo and slowly moved over to the way of the PC. I still buy Nintendo systems simply for Super Mario and Zelda titles. That being said, I'm glad I never got rid of my wii. I'm about 7 hours into skyward sword and I have totally fallen in love with it. It feels like you are playing through one of Disney's better animated films. The game starts off a little slow in skyloft but about 2 hours into it, it becomes one hell of ride. I'm having a great deal of fun with the motion controls and the over all level design. The small tweaks like upgradeable weapons and armor, limited inventory, and stamina may alienate a few hardcore zelda fans but, I personally feel this adds a whole new dept and challenge to the zelda formula. Having to watch enemy movement and using precise sword strikes is so much more fun than I thought it would be. I guess my only few small gripes with this game so far is the lack of voice acting, and the fact that I can't really be relaxed while playing it. Your movements have to be broad sometimes so its not something you can just sit back and play. I also think the soundtrack is a bit underwhelming. Especially since its from the team that gave us the fantastic music for Super Mario Galaxy. Last is the visuals. I know its a wii game and I honestly love the watercolor look but, on my 46'' LCD tv it can look a little ugly up close. Good graphics don't make a game though, its the story, game play, and overall immersion that does. Zelda delivers this by the buckets. So to all the haters, go back and play your bland and boring call of dutys and gears of war. To any TRUE unbiased gamer who wants to experience something truly unique and innovating, pick up Skyward Sword and you wont regret it. Expand
  2. Nov 28, 2011
    This beautiful game deserves the beautiful score : 10. Every aspect of this game is fine-tuned, and is the best Zelda experience i've had. Everything works so well, from the timeless water-color design to the clever dungeon puzzles, this game is a complete masterpiece.
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    Im now 15 hours into this game and I think this is enough to judge it. There are several things i don't like about it such as every time if you restart the game and pick something up it will tell you the same **** what this is and bla bla bla about it. The other negative thing isn't the game itself. It is the **** Wii and its HI-RES YAYAYAY. I have a 50" tv and at the beginning it was aIm now 15 hours into this game and I think this is enough to judge it. There are several things i don't like about it such as every time if you restart the game and pick something up it will tell you the same **** what this is and bla bla bla about it. The other negative thing isn't the game itself. It is the **** Wii and its HI-RES YAYAYAY. I have a 50" tv and at the beginning it was a pain to get into it. But I think there wouldn't be any other game which could bound me with this resolution. In my opinion it is the best Zelda game and it makes fun in every way. The controls, the dungeons, the flying around, the new things and even the senseless bug catching thing is funny. This Zelda shows the world that you don't need the best graphics or cool explosions in every corner of the screen. This Zelda shows us that a game with a brilliant and catchy story makes more fun then most of the other games out there.This is a true Zelda game and everyone with a Wii should get it. No exceptions! Expand
  4. May 19, 2012
    Although this is a great game, I am not saying this is the best Zelda game by no means. All the flying around makes me feel like I'm back in the Windwaker with sailing accept for flying in this game. The fact that you half to return to desert, woods, lava over and over again takes away from the game. I like it, best wii game of 2011 for sure but it doesn't feel like a true Zelda game in myAlthough this is a great game, I am not saying this is the best Zelda game by no means. All the flying around makes me feel like I'm back in the Windwaker with sailing accept for flying in this game. The fact that you half to return to desert, woods, lava over and over again takes away from the game. I like it, best wii game of 2011 for sure but it doesn't feel like a true Zelda game in my opinion. I take Twilight Princess over this one for dungeons, items, story. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the game the Wii was built for! The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is an absolute masterpiece from beginning to end. IGN, a trusted website, doesn't hand out perfect 10's lightly. A must own. 10/10.
  6. Dec 9, 2011
    Is is wrong to mark a game down for only being 98% pure awesome? Skyward Sword takes a little while to get going and once it does it's not exactly at a breakneck pace. With about 40-50 hours for a first play through (and hero mode if you feel like a second) it's not a game your going to knock over in a weekend, but it is definitely a fun experience throughout and a wonderful change of paceIs is wrong to mark a game down for only being 98% pure awesome? Skyward Sword takes a little while to get going and once it does it's not exactly at a breakneck pace. With about 40-50 hours for a first play through (and hero mode if you feel like a second) it's not a game your going to knock over in a weekend, but it is definitely a fun experience throughout and a wonderful change of pace from Shooter Season 2011 :/. The controls are generally quite good, with the 1:1 swordplay working well and being used smartly and creatively throughout the game. That said there is still some waggle action to had here, so your motions don't have to be prefect all the time, but most enemies will punish you if slice the wrong way too often and there are some basic physics in play that cause enemies / objects to get knocked / thrown in the direction of your attack. The art style / graphics are a bit of a matter of taste; personally I would have preferred something little darker; but they are generally very good (just look away whenever someone 'sings') with areas like those around timeshift stones (especially the portable variety) and the final boss fight being particular highlights. Speaking of timeshift stones there are some great new mechanics is Skyward Sword, some a little under developed, but most proving quite enjoyable. There is also the new upgrade system, which works well in the early game, but by about mid game you'll have all the resources you need to max out pretty much all your gear... this does give you plenty of time at 'full power' I suppose, but it would have been nice to see a few more items / upgrade options. Gameplay overall is what you would expect from a Zelda game, with enemies to fight, temples to explore, puzzles to solve (though none especially difficult) and treasures to find. Of particular note are the boss fights, all of which range from excellent to awesome, and most of which can be repeated (if you want) through a mini game towards the end. The world is well designed and some of the temples are truly excellent, however it can't help but feel small with Skyloft being mostly empty sky and only three distinct environments down below. The main areas down below are visited numerous times (though usually with changes, some quite significant) throughout the story, however there are still new areas that unlock right until the end of the game so the world never gets entirely stale. The story is your usual 'hero saves the princess from the evil monster' variety, but it is well told, and there are side missions you can do around Skyloft that help flesh-out a lot of the minor characters. While not being quite perfect, Skyward Sword is definitely a worthy entry in the Zelda series and worth playing if only to experience some of the greatest moments in gaming this year. A must play for anyone who still has a Wii. Expand
  7. Nov 22, 2011
    Let me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion controlLet me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion control at such a high standard.

Most of the low reviews are trolling, "no voice-acting? wtf Nintendo?" obviously the people who said that have never played a Zelda game before, otherwise they'd realise there's never been and never will be voice acting. 'the book is better than the movie'. Also, anyone saying the controls are slow or inaccurate are either doing it wrong or their Wiimote is up the creek. (or they're lying).

The game is extremely lengthy, taking roughly 40 hours if you're quick at solving the puzzles. And then you still have tons of extra content, including "hero mode". The game kept feeling fun and enjoyable throughout these many hours, gameplay was constantly changing and many surprises happened.

Music is beautiful, graphics are beautiful, side characters are the most memorable in the series (I got attached to almost every single character)/ Level design is absolutely genius.

------DETAILS ABOUT HERO MODE (Do not read below if you don't want to know about Hero Mode)-----

Hero Mode is unlocked on completion of the game's main story, Hero Mode gives you the game again, but enemies do double damage. If it wasn't already hard enough, there's now no such thing as hearts to restore your health. Pots, Plants, Monsters, nothing drops hearts, not even in the boss chamber.

The only way to heal is by potions or sleeping. Sleeping cannot be done on the surface, so you'll have to rely on potions as the only way to get your hearts back.

This is truly challenging, even for the most experienced Zelda veterans like myself.

Great Game 10/10
  8. Jul 12, 2012
    9.5 - While some of the latter game feels unnecessary and tacked on, this is what I've been wanting in a Wii title ever since I first saw the console. The controls are fantastic with spot on swordplay. The music is incredible and varied, not to mention absolutely beautiful. The story is excellent, and the many colorful locales you visit are full of life and character. There are an9.5 - While some of the latter game feels unnecessary and tacked on, this is what I've been wanting in a Wii title ever since I first saw the console. The controls are fantastic with spot on swordplay. The music is incredible and varied, not to mention absolutely beautiful. The story is excellent, and the many colorful locales you visit are full of life and character. There are an incredible amount of things to do and see, and everything is memorable, from the characters to the world itself. It's pure Nintendo magic at it's finest. Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2011
    I have not enjoyed a game this much in a very very long time (not since the first Portal in fact). Is it the best Zelda game ever? Well I think it is equal with Ocarina of Time, and that is one of my favourite games of all time, so make of that as you will.
    The controls for the sword are absolutely perfect, and it is so pleasing just to use the sword that I find myself slashing everything in sight...grass, flowers, signs, just to further enjoy the 1:1 motion controls. Its not a perfect game, but nothing is. The motion controils for flying and swimming are a bit superfluous. But when a game is this good, the few minor complaints dont really mean anything. Some people are complaining about the game being pumped full of padding. But most of the padding is optional (the pumpkin collecting etc)...there if you want it, but not necessary to complete the game. The art style is beautiful, and shows what a decent art department can do with limited hardware. I have been a bit disapointed with recent Zeldas (post Majoras mask), but this is classic. If you like Zelda, or escpaism, or puzzles, or epic battles that involve strategy, then you really have to try this game. The first true classic in many years. If you have never really been into Zelda then this is probably not for you.
  10. Nov 20, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is medicore compared to this game, Skirym is no match. Ocarina of time lacks depth compared to Skyward sword. Remember the Gameboy Colour Zelda games? This is a perfect description of this game. The over world has puzzles elements, its vast and interesting. So much to explore and do, unlike the past 3D Zelda games. Every dungeon is a masterpiece. The music is wonderful.

This

This game changes the Zelda formulae, without ruining the feel of Zelda. Items are upgradable etc. and many more changes; which I will not mention in order to not ruin the game experience.
  11. Jul 20, 2012
    This is the best use of motion controls ever seen in a video game. This game is packed full of content. The story is interesting and the graphics are perfect. The amount of sidequests adds on even more to the length of the game. Everything about this game is perfect. It takes Zelda, Nintendo, and the wii to new heights, as this is one of the most innovative games that has ever seen theThis is the best use of motion controls ever seen in a video game. This game is packed full of content. The story is interesting and the graphics are perfect. The amount of sidequests adds on even more to the length of the game. Everything about this game is perfect. It takes Zelda, Nintendo, and the wii to new heights, as this is one of the most innovative games that has ever seen the light of day. Expand
  12. Dec 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me just say this: Skyward Sword was one of the best gaming experiences yet for me. The masterful use of the blended Wind Waker/Twilight Princess art style is truly amazing. The story is the best yet, and it leaves you aching the whole way through (In a good way!) The Wii Motion Plus makes your sword move 1:1 and makes fighting enemies for the first time like a puzzle. This game sets up events for the next games, and, spoiler, the creation of the legendary Master Sword. This is the first game in which Link gains the entire Triforce, and it explains why our green-clad hero is always up against a big baddie. If you are a fan of the series, definitely pick it up. Expand
  13. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for whatThis game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for what I think should have been included, or for hardware limitations.

If you read other reviews you will see complaints of this game being too long, or having too much dialogue. I wasn't at the meeting where getting hours of play-through time for your money was a bad thing, but it was probably where MW3 was conceptualized. If this game can't hold the attention of your 8 year old, I feel really and truly bad for you. I played Ocarina of Time when I was 8 and it gave me hours of entertainment, and never once did I become bored simply because of the need to read, or the time it took to complete.
  14. Nov 22, 2011
    I'm feeling a bit... I don't know. I fondly remember playing the very first Zelda, dying... a lot. I've played every Zelda from that point on. A Link To The Past changed my entire outlook on gaming. It, along with Super Metroid were what defined that era. Then welcome the N64 and the new 3D Zelda... I felt empty. Maybe it was all the yapping, maybe it was the goofy characters, the stupidI'm feeling a bit... I don't know. I fondly remember playing the very first Zelda, dying... a lot. I've played every Zelda from that point on. A Link To The Past changed my entire outlook on gaming. It, along with Super Metroid were what defined that era. Then welcome the N64 and the new 3D Zelda... I felt empty. Maybe it was all the yapping, maybe it was the goofy characters, the stupid expressions, the repetitive phrases, the silly grunts and groans - but it lost me. I tried playing through OoT, MM... but I never ended up getting an N64 and tried it much later. I felt lost, there was no connection. I found my way back on the GBA releases and fell in love again, so of course I snapped it up when Wind Waker released on my recently purchased Game Cube... meh. It was okay, better than the previous games, but still with the goofy expressions, no vocal work, silly translations, characters that don't fit what you'd expect in real life (really, that's how kings/leaders speak?). But I finished it, even though by the end I wanted to take the boat and set it on fire.

Then I fell back in love with the Minish Cap, got the Wii for Metroid Prime and snapped up TP... same problems, same dislikes but worse, I had to waggle the heck out of my arm to play.

And now, this, with Motion Plus, and my RSI due to all the work I've done in these many years, I end up sore from swinging my sword, annoyed from the flying, sick of the stupid characters, the powdered cheeks, the goofy look of the salesman, the offensive flamboyant Beedle? Really? This is compared to the complex characters in almost every other video game out there?

I don't get it. I may finish it, but I just don't get it any more. I'll go back to play LTTP, and all the awesome GBA games, skip the stylus-focused NDS.

Zelda to me isn't this. For a lot of you it is, and although I don't understand that and know it's my own fault constantly trying... but this just isn't my thing. I'm very disappointed, how could I not be? This is something I grew up on from its very first incarnation - but how does everyone just shrug off the weirdness and sillyness, just that... it's so.. Maybe that's why people like it. I don't know. Sigh. I don't get the overwhelming praise. I mean, I want to, but I just don't feel it. It's not a "terrible" game, but I just don't feel I have the desire to finish it. If I do, I fear I may need to spend 5 times the price of the game on physio for my arm, stupid waggle controls...
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyward Sword is a masterpiece. The design is absolutely incredible. Instead of most games, when viewing things from far away seeing a standard blur, the game uses an impressive watercolor painting style which is very unforgettable. Amazing music from beginning to end with a great symphony. Game play felt perfect and what Twilight Princess should have played like at launch.(butSkyward Sword is a masterpiece. The design is absolutely incredible. Instead of most games, when viewing things from far away seeing a standard blur, the game uses an impressive watercolor painting style which is very unforgettable. Amazing music from beginning to end with a great symphony. Game play felt perfect and what Twilight Princess should have played like at launch.(but understanding that the game was suppose to be just a Gamecube game at first) Skyward Sword is a must-have for any Wii owners out there. Expand
  16. Jan 24, 2013
    This games motion controls were so bad I didn't even want to play to the first dungeon. I didn't like the art style, but it was better than Wind Wakers. The controls killed it.
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    I definitely think this game is worth the praise it's been receiving, it may not be better than Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker, but it's definitely next in line of my favorite Zelda title of all time.
  18. Nov 20, 2011
    I have all the Zelda games, and Skyward Sword is my favorite. The story is amazing, gameplay is fun, and controls make Zelda a rare gem in video games. This is my game of the year.
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    It's Nintendo. It's Zelda. It's Wii motion control done correctly. It's a ten! ;)
    There is no doubt in my mine, even after just 12 hours on it, that it's the best 3D Zelda ever made!
  20. Nov 29, 2011
    Best Zelda ever, it greatness creeps up on you, so its only immediately apparent but it grows on you. A few dungeons in and you see the best of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Ocarina of Time.
  21. Jan 10, 2012
    This is my final review of Skyward Sword after beating 100% of the game.

This is my final review of Skyward Sword after beating 100% of the game.

I have a very lengthy review that sums up the entire story and all elements of the game. However it is far to long to explain in 5000 words. Here are the most important things to know about the story: Skyward Sword occurs before all other released Zelda games. It is essentially the prequel to Ocarina of Time. Zelda is not a princess, but a childhood friend of Link's. The game explains what the Legend of Zelda is! Yes, this game actually explains where the Legend of Zelda originated from. Skyward Sword also tells the back story of the Master Sword and where Gannon originates from. Although Gannon makes no appearance in this game, you learn he is actually the Evil Will of Demise. Long story short is Demise is the main antagonist in this game and when he is defeated, he curses all decedents of Link and Zelda. Basically saying they will always be fighting his demonic will, as his will can never die. Please note, this was a very very rough breakdown of the story. Skyward Sword's story is very deep. There are many cut scenes and text boxes to read through (no voice acting, but I actually prefer Zelda games to be this way). Fans of the Zelda series will appreciate the amount of references to other Zelda games. Once again, this game will explain many things about the origins of many Zelda characters and items. If you've played Ocarina of Time, then the story alone makes this game a must have. Story 10/10.

Moving onto gameplay, Skyward Sword takes full advantage of Wii Motion plus. This means 1:1 sword movements between Link's Sword and your Wii-mote. Your right hand is Link's sword. The entire game is revolved around this and players can expect enemies and puzzles to take advantage of these controls. Enemies will block your attacks unless you attack their weaknesses. Meaning enemies will leave an angle open and you have to attack it. Otherwise, you can swing all day is never land a hit. Now these controls make for a very engaging and satisfying experience. The only drawback from this is sometimes the controls feel over sensitive. Every once in a while Link will do something you don't want him to do. Also, do not fear that you have to stand up and fling your Wii mote around. The controls do not require you to make full sword swing motions, and only require a small flick with your wrist. In all, the controls offer a very innovating and add a new experience to the Zelda series. Gameplay: 10/10

Finally, you can expect Skyward Sword to offer 30-50 hours of content. The main story will take at least 20-30 hours to beat on its own. Add in side quests, mini games, and other activities and you can add on another 20-30 hours. In my first playthrough I got everything in the game (completed all quests, got every item, found all Goddess cubes/chests, upgraded every item, etc) in just under 50 hours. Its also worth noting that once you beat Skyward Sword you are given the option to save over your file and play Hero Mode. Hero mode is basically a more challenging version of the game. All enemies do double damage and enemies never drop hearts unless you have the heart medal. The player is given the option to skip some cut scenes, and a few other perks are given to the player (eg: the Skyward Strike attack is at master sword level as soon as you obtain the Goddess Sword). ITS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT ONCE YOU CHOOSE TO OVER RIDE YOUR SAVE FOR HERO MODE THAT YOU'LL LOOSE YOUR NORMAL GAME SAVE!!!! This means if you choose to go hero mode, everything on your save will be lost in favor of the hero mode save. To avoid this, make sure you copy your file before going into Hero mode. Skyward Sword will keep you busy for months to come. 10/10 re-playability.

Some TL DR stuff:
    - 10/10 game, MUST HAVE for Wii owners
    - 7 temples
    -30-50 hours of gameplay (60-100 hours if you complete Hero mode)
    - 1:1 sword control
    - Amazing Story

*Please note I did not mention anything about the areas you will explore. It would take pages to go through all 3 areas, plus the clouds. The only thing to know is Skyward Sword is designed to include "temple elements" throughout the mainland. This means you'll have to constantly solve puzzles and defeat bad guys to gain access to new lands.
  22. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finallySkyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finally challenging, like those in Twilight Princess. The boss battles are immense and truly feel like something epic.

The only downside? The controls can be off sometimes -- I found that putting the motion bar on top of a television solved my problems. But it's hardly noticable and if you control your motions, you won't suffer.

This is the game for the Wii and the best release in the past 10 years.
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    The graphics are so wonderfully stylized and vibrant. The controls really make the game shine though. My original reason for getting a Wii was for zelda. Nintendo did not disappoint.
  24. Nov 24, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword brings new life to videogames era, with gorgeous graphics, extremely fun gameplay and the most deeper Zelda story of all time this new adventure can make even the most tradicional gamers have fun. Link, a young man who lives on an island in the sky (called Skyloft), is a student at Knight Academy, where young people are prepared to be Skyloft knights, theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword brings new life to videogames era, with gorgeous graphics, extremely fun gameplay and the most deeper Zelda story of all time this new adventure can make even the most tradicional gamers have fun. Link, a young man who lives on an island in the sky (called Skyloft), is a student at Knight Academy, where young people are prepared to be Skyloft knights, the academy is run by Gaepora, Zelda's father. Since they were children, Link and Zelda are like "best friends". After a festival that occurs in Skyloft to determine who would be the new knight, Link and Zelda are going for a "walk" with his Loftwings (birds that they use to fly near Skyloft), when a black tornado captures Zelda. During the evening of the day, Link meets Fi says that his destiny is to go after Zelda and rid the world of evil. At first look the same repeat of the other games, but as always, Nintendo manages to surprise the player, bringing surprises and twists in the story. The beginning of the game, besides a tutorial introduces the player brilliantly to the story, the way the game tells the story shows Skyward Sword in all its depth to the player, leaving him stranded and wondering how Link will complete your mission. Skyward Sword brings one of the most beautiful visuals ever seen on Nintendo Wii. Its look "cel-shaded" animated brings incredible charisma to the characters, the landscape when seen from afar looks like incredible impressionist paintings. Nintendo knew how to work brilliantly with the Wii hardware, everything is beautiful in Skyward Sword: Skyloft, Volcano Eldin, Faron Woods, among others Lanayru Desert, every second of the game visually amazing eh within the limitations of the Wii. Skyward Sword was made to be played entirely with the Wiimotion Plus, from small things like balancing on a rope to fly with your Loftwing, everything in the game is based on the movement of control but never think of it as something bad, the controls in Skyward Sword work phenomenally well and respond to commands from the player. All items are based on their movements, even the bombs, which you can decide whether to roll on the floor like a bowling ball or throwing her hands. The bow and arrow work just like in Wii Sports Resort, you move the slider like the Nunchuk as a bow and arrow, all items use the movements in any way and even those who do not like motion controls feel "satisfied "with them. The songs are epic in Skyward Sword, help the player to get so incredible in the environment generated by the game, making him feel more and more into the scenario in which this link. The game has roughly 30 hours, after passing through forests, mountains, lakes, deserts and temples there are still many quests to be done, besides the Hero Mode, which is unlocked after finishing the game, the enemies take it twice damage and no hearts in the woods, making the replay much more challenging. Conclusion: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is a milestone in the series, not only the best Zelda, but also the best game of the Wii and one of the best of the current generation. Expand
  25. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is amazing, it starts of in an odd way, but you need to get used to the controls. The dungeons and the music are incredible but not as incredible as the gameplay. Don't let the negative reviews fool you, this is the best game of the generation.
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    Es sencillamente perfecto, una historia que crece mas y mas, personalidades agradables, hasta zelda es genial en este juego.
    Graficas agradables, casi al limite de lo que puede la wii, pero son bonitas y agradables a la vista.
    El sistema de combate es demasiado perfecto para la franquicia, es intuitivo,divertido y lejos de ser monotono. Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues
    Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues de esto el usar un control tradicional se nos haga extraño.
    Es perfecto , bonito, banda sonora bella, con mucha accion, de los mejores bosses en mucho tiempo.
    No me encantaba tanto con un juego desde Majora Mask
  27. Dec 25, 2011
    Skyward Sword is simply one of the greatest games I have ever played, perfect from start to finish. The controls are perfect and the music is spell-binding! Although there may be a few niggles, they aren't major. Well worth a purchase. 10/10
  28. Nov 28, 2011
    Here we are at the end of 2011 going into 2012 and have been lucky enough to see some of the greatest games released (at one time), in the history of gaming. I'm 28 and have been playing video games since I was 5. I've played countless games and have experienced moments, where a game is so good, that it sticks with me for the rest of my life. The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword is one ofHere we are at the end of 2011 going into 2012 and have been lucky enough to see some of the greatest games released (at one time), in the history of gaming. I'm 28 and have been playing video games since I was 5. I've played countless games and have experienced moments, where a game is so good, that it sticks with me for the rest of my life. The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of those titles. Skyward Sword improves on every aspect of the Zelda series. It raised the bar so high, that future titles (of the series), are going to have one hell of a time flying past the skies and into the stars...

STORY-It's no secret that Skyward Sword is the prequel to OOT, in fact, Nintendo announced that Skyward Sword takes place as the first Zelda title ever. Skyward Sword is a cinematic experience that tells the brilliant story about how the series first started. Without going into detail (for the sake of people who have yet to play it), Skyward Sword dramatically changes the way The Legend Of Zelda's story was ever told. Traditionally, Zelda's story has always been about Link saving Princess Zelda from the Evil clutches of Gannon, have a happy ending, and do it all again in 3 to 5 years; this is not the case for Skyward Sword. Skyward Swords story improves in so many ways and with it's great art design, manages to deliver a memorable cast of characters. For those of you hoping for more control of the story, your not going to find it here. Regardless, Nintendo does an excellent job perfectly pacing the story, without ever feeling like your hand is being held the whole way through. Your objectives are quite clear, yet your always asking yourself "how do I get to the next area"? I never felt as if any part of the story was added for the sake of making the game longer. CONTROLS-Skyward Sword defines what a true game experience really is, by using some of the most sophisticated motion controls ever designed for a video game. Forget what you knew about Zelda's button mashing combat, this is a whole new way to control Link; where as before battling enemies was strictly a button mashing obstacle to proceed, now turns into a fight that requires skill and accuracy to reach the next foe. Not only has Nintendo somehow managed to make every enemy and boss battle exciting, they succeeded in implementing motion controls into every aspect of the game, without hurting the experience and making it more tasteful, and appealing, to every type of gamer. The motion controls are a new and welcomed edition to the Zelda franchise; in fact, the thought of exploring the land of Hyrule without motion controls (after using it), would be a step backwards for the series.

GRAPHICS-Nintendo has managed to create a colorful, vivid, land, and some how combine the mature aspect of Twilight Princes together, without making it feel like Skyward Swords art direction was catered for children or adults. Granted most of the Wii's power is used for the Wii Motion Plus, Nintendo still managed to push the limits of the Wii like no other company has ever done before. There were a few times when I found myself wishing Skyward Sword would output in 1080p, but then again who doesn't??? I appreciate the effort that Nintendo made on Skyward Swords graphics, it runs so smooth (compared to current gen titles), I was able to look past the graphical limitations and enjoy the magnificent lands created. SOUND- Zelda + Orchestra = EPIC! Not once did I feel that the music in Skyward Sword never matched. Whether I was opening a treasure chest, or flying through the beautiful sky, Skyward Sword managed to suck me into its world with its tunes. Sound-effects are better than ever and improves on what previous versions offered. Skyward Sword is a cinematic experience. There is over an hour and a half of cut scenes and itâ
  29. Jan 28, 2012
    Just play it and see how much fun and rewarding this masterpiece is! The story is quite awesome though not able to top some other games yet the music here is just amazing! The graphics are cell shaded which does not require much hardware yet the graphics are so well done, it may have pushed the wii almost to its limits. The gameplay overall is just amazing with the wonderful and adjustableJust play it and see how much fun and rewarding this masterpiece is! The story is quite awesome though not able to top some other games yet the music here is just amazing! The graphics are cell shaded which does not require much hardware yet the graphics are so well done, it may have pushed the wii almost to its limits. The gameplay overall is just amazing with the wonderful and adjustable controls and the level designs as well as boss fights were just awesome as well. A definite game of the year title and a wonderful game to add to anyone's collection! Expand
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    As I've read in most forums, obvious troll is obvious and these people live in a world all their own. Spewing out negativity in spite, just because they can. Pay no mind to those who are bashing this game, unless they give a legitimate reasoning to why they dislike the game. Anyone who buys Zelda expecting something other than the Zelda formula shouldn't be able to buy the game honestly.As I've read in most forums, obvious troll is obvious and these people live in a world all their own. Spewing out negativity in spite, just because they can. Pay no mind to those who are bashing this game, unless they give a legitimate reasoning to why they dislike the game. Anyone who buys Zelda expecting something other than the Zelda formula shouldn't be able to buy the game honestly. That's what players have come to love of this series and if they changed it then we wouldn't have Zelda anymore. Unresponsive controls? What game are you playing? This probably has some of the best usage of the Wii remote to date. The story is plenty intriguing to grab an audience and keep them playing. Everything seems more thought out, and more time was put into the final product. They use cinematic parts to help with the story driving creating drama and all sorts of emotions. The characters are amazing, and well Link is still Link. Best looking game on the Wii and totally worth a buy. 10/10 from me, Zelda is still going strong. Expand
  31. Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty good, at first the controls were hard to control, but it turns out there's ACTUALLY SKILL INVOLVED IN SWINGING THE SWORD. The fact that waggling to kill no longer applying made my **** day. I recommend this game highly.
  32. Nov 22, 2011
    Its the best zelda game of the series, and probably the best wii game. Good graphics, good gameplay, intense history about the origin of the master sword and use all the wii features you can desire to play.If you have wii or dont, buy it and play one of the best games of the generation.
  33. Nov 20, 2011
    Its finally here, this is the game many have been waiting for and let me start off by say it does not disappoint. This is why there are so many fans of the series, amazing story telling, huge dungeons, tons of characters, my heart strings being tugged. From start to finish this game amazed me in all kind of different ways, from being frustrated at times and finally figuring out the correctIts finally here, this is the game many have been waiting for and let me start off by say it does not disappoint. This is why there are so many fans of the series, amazing story telling, huge dungeons, tons of characters, my heart strings being tugged. From start to finish this game amazed me in all kind of different ways, from being frustrated at times and finally figuring out the correct way to defeat an enemy to the amazing art style and even some really awesome story twists, which I dare not spoil them for you. If you have a Wii I urge you to get this game, if you are a huge fan of the franchise this is a must buy, and if your tired of debating which game is better then that game, check this one out, you will be very thankful you did. i have played every single Zelda game that Nintendo has produced and i can say truthfully this is their finest piece of work ever. Please do not pass up one of the greatest experiences you could ever have with a video game. Expand
  34. Nov 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was really ready to love this game since it's a new Zelda game and I have played them all from start to finish! Ive grown up with these game and have been waiting along time for this wii release of a zelda game...

First of all... Were's the freedom we all LOVED with the old games? Now you just "dive" into new areas... The exploring of the game is gone.. And why is the graphic ALWAYS out of focus? The textures is so low resolution that's a shame to the franchise.. :( The drawing distance of the game engine is terrible. The graphics is way worse than ocarina of time that came out in 1998... The puzzles in this game are great! But the control ruins the fun, the joystick is way slower than it was in TP and the motion plus of the sword is somewhat the only thing that works with the controls. You always have to recalibrate the motion plus controller when you try flying for example the beetle. And there is so many insignificant uses of the wii motion controller that could be done with buttons better! This game is made for the motion controllers but you could made a more balanced gameplay controller... The story of the game is ridiculous #SPOILERS you live on a floating island and you try to become a knight and zelda get caught by a storm and yes the nonsense story goes on. It's not like the good old games were you actualy have a good background like you come from a little forest village and fight yourself upwards in the world! No now your some kind of random god knight that's flying a big useless bird that's impossible to controll and just dive/jump into new "dungeons". And what's up with your SWORD, now it's no fairy that's helping you ,now your sword is carrying somekind of ALIEN like sword creature that calculates everything "it's 95% chance you will find Zelda in this dungeon". And the alien always talk about the motion controller and how you can recalibrate it, what a nice way to keep the adventure illusion talking about the controller "35% of all the time the alien talks". There's still no voice acting but it's of no big deal us Zelda fans are used to it and it's no setback compared to the other games. The sound is good to make it short. I have finished the game. All the way I was thinking why the **** dont I play ocarina of time / TP ?! The score is based on 1point for the sword controll, 1point for the sound and 1 for the puzzles. I hope if you read this that you will get a greater experince of this Zelda game than I had. I guess my expectations were to high :(
  35. Mar 12, 2012
    I really wanted to like this game, but I'm sorry. I just can't. The controls are pretty close to the 1:1 they promised, but they didn't use it to make interesting swordplay, they just used it to make every fight a repetitive puzzle. The story is severely limited, and exploration is almost nonexistent. This is my least favorite Zelda game ever (CDI games aside) and it mostly comes down toI really wanted to like this game, but I'm sorry. I just can't. The controls are pretty close to the 1:1 they promised, but they didn't use it to make interesting swordplay, they just used it to make every fight a repetitive puzzle. The story is severely limited, and exploration is almost nonexistent. This is my least favorite Zelda game ever (CDI games aside) and it mostly comes down to the feeling that this is "Zelda lite" for a crowd that's forgotten what Zelda was always about. Now get off my lawn kids, grandpa's going to go play the first Zelda again. Expand
  36. Jan 7, 2012
    Very well done videogame. The story alone makes it amazing! Once you learn how to play this game (it does have a learning curve) you will have so much fun! I am also happy that I actually got Game Over a few times because other Zelda games have been very easy in comparison. All in all: great story, great characters, great game!
  37. Jan 13, 2012
    i liked zelda but this is a dissapointment i mean the game in general is just so unfulling id made me want to cry if i had the choice i would play ocarina skyward didnt exactly make the chopping block
  38. Nov 20, 2011
    PERFECT, the motion control is spot-on and this games adds so much more to the zelda-verse, the best zelda to yet and probably one of the best game ever, totally GOTY, fitting for it's 25th anniversary
  39. Nov 20, 2011
    Wow . Having played all the zelda games since the nes i have to say this is without doubt the best . The graphics ,sound and amazing artwork screams quality from the off .

This is the game that should have been released on the wii at the start to show what can be done with the wii controls , the gameplay grabs you like no other and doesnt let up untill the very end . Without doubt the

Without doubt the best game this generation and probrably the best nintendo game ever . 10/10
  40. Nov 29, 2011
    This is a very good game but it isnt perfect like so many people are saying. Ive played every Zelda game before this one and I would put this one third in the series (behind OT and MM which are as close to perfect as any games ever been) mainly because of a couple irks I have with it. The motion control takes time to learn but once I figured out to swing my whole arm and not just flick itThis is a very good game but it isnt perfect like so many people are saying. Ive played every Zelda game before this one and I would put this one third in the series (behind OT and MM which are as close to perfect as any games ever been) mainly because of a couple irks I have with it. The motion control takes time to learn but once I figured out to swing my whole arm and not just flick it like in TP it worked fine. Dungeon design in this game is by far the best of the series and a couple of the boss fights will leave your jaw dropped (Bhudda / Final boss). Now my irks, which are small compared to what this game does right but there nontheless. The story is fine, it was just too predictable. This ones probably my fault and no fault of the game but I guessed the "twist" in the game and the ending scene before they happened, so it kinda made me feel empty when they happened with nothing else. The biggest problem I had was with the music and let me clarify this, the music was different in that it was all orchestral but in doing so there were no new original tracks that really caught my attention and actually took away from the atmosphere of the game. It was too cheery, all the time (even during the boss fights). I actually believe that if they had original NON ORCHESTRAL scores and side quests as vast as MM then this would have been a perfect game, but alas not. Overall though very good Zelda experiance and definately one of the top games in the series, just not perfect yet. Expand
  41. Nov 23, 2011
    Well worth the wait, Skyword sword won't disappoint. The progression of difficulty for the puzzles is fantastic as ever. Props to Nintendo. Wii motion + makes everything feel fresh.

It's like an updated, expanded, inbred baby between windwaker and twilight princess. Depending on how it ends.... it could be better than Ocarina of Time, Just saying
  42. Nov 23, 2011
    one word. awesome. everything that it gets picked on for seems to be absolute rubbish to me, controls are precise, accurate and well polished, artwork is beautiful (graphics snobs can **** right off now) and the gameplay, storyline and soundtrack are beyond what I expected. plus I got it one day early down here in Australia, nearly lost my mind, and haven't been let down since.
  43. Nov 24, 2011
    The game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely ifThe game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely if the game isn't for you, there is no reason to call it a bad game.. Expand
  44. Nov 21, 2011
    10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity,10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity, even while she is something fun and calculator. The control of the sword is the evolution we expected to see 5 years ago. Hours and hours of exploration, unexpected, exciting story. In short, a memorable milestone of Zelda in its 25 years of existence. Expand
  45. Nov 23, 2011
    I gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the oldI gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the old zelda games that had so many trap doors and secrets at every corner, had a room that traps you by you ending up in the same room endlessly if you pick the wrong sequence of doors to open. The boss battles are enjoyable due to the wii nunchuck though getting the right camera angle while moving around is still a pain. The story for this game is very kiddish where you wonder how Zelda could move ahead of you so fast going into dungeons, lava filled volcano areas, underwater areas and monster filled areas and coming out unharmed while you have to look tirelessly for dungeon keys and getting the right equipment to progress the game. Maybe Link is the one that needs protecting. I won't knock the game because its story is geared towards kids so I'm giving it a 9 for control innovation, mini-games innovation, dungeon puzzles were a little challenging, mini-games a little challenging. Just wish they made this game more challenging by bigger boss battles, more challenging hidden stuff and areas, less hints, less childish and include the old NES Zelda dungeon music in dungeons. Expand
  46. Nov 21, 2011
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Graphics: is a kind of impressionist style, it's art in motion! you can pause the game and conteplate something amazing. Gameplay: The most innovative Zelda of all, a lot of FUN! you will be the hand of link using the master sword, run and jump as never and of course a lot of rpg options are added. Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda games were you can undertand many thing of the Zelda universe.

Conclusion: a epic game, a legend that gives you 50/100 hrs of FUN!
  47. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the best game for the Wii! it shows what the Wii can really do. The controls are great and good so far. I was stuck sometimes at the start but that all change when i got used to the controls. The story is so far amazing and brilliant. This is my favorite game of the series and for the Wii. 10/10
  48. Nov 26, 2011
    Passed the game two days after it came out, and I've been pondering since to whether or not it is better than Oot. I tend to feel it to be blasphemous to question those classic Zelda titles like LTTP, Oot, MM, and the original Zelda, but Skyward Sword did something to trigger that. I think if they made the game just a touch shorter, rather than having some of the unnecessary backtrackingPassed the game two days after it came out, and I've been pondering since to whether or not it is better than Oot. I tend to feel it to be blasphemous to question those classic Zelda titles like LTTP, Oot, MM, and the original Zelda, but Skyward Sword did something to trigger that. I think if they made the game just a touch shorter, rather than having some of the unnecessary backtracking particularly in the sequences revolving around the collecting of songs from Eldin Volcano and Faron Woods I would have had no trouble in placing this game above Oot, and even going as far as saying it maybe the greatest 3D game ever made. After Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword has probably been the most unpredictable Zelda, and for that I appreciate it greatly. Often times you find yourself suspiciously peering at the inventory screen looking for the occasional object significant to the quest, in Skyward however this did little to help you figure out exactly how much more is left making every next move or turn all the more unpredictable. Another good sign is that this has perhaps been the first time that I have been so pleased that I've gone on to replay the game again simply for the greater challenge.

It is also true that Fi does in fact wreck some of the greater puzzles the game has to offer, however one of these puzzles which Fi wrecked during the 5th dungeon made me ask myself "Did Fi just save me an hour of running back and forth frustrated?" Because certainly that is what was going to happen. Regardless the design of the puzzles and dungeons are brilliant, and they make you want to return to the past Zelda games you may have never completed [like for me the DS games] or replaying Links Awakening or doing the second quest in the Original Zelda. Then when you get to doing that you realize well it was more than just the dungeons, it was also the combat.

Ultimately the good in Skyward is simply so brilliant that the awkwardness of the few moments of backtracking only works beneficially, postponing at that point what would ultimately be the greatest climax in Zelda history. In the end IGN will call it game of the year, many will call it game of the decade, and maybe I will call it the best Zelda ever made.
  49. Nov 20, 2011
    Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to go back to controllers. Wii motion plus is what Zelda is made for. Every enemy isnt,Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to go back to controllers. Wii motion plus is what Zelda is made for. Every enemy isnt, WHO CAN HIT EACHOTHER FASTER or somethign like that. It is now, SEE IF YOU CAN LOCATE THE WEAKNESS IN MY STRATEGY AND THEN ATTACK THERE! Trust me it IS amazing. Expand
  50. Nov 29, 2011
    Best game of "The Legend of Zelda" saga.
    This is the game the Wii was built for! All gameplay, that we suffer in other Wii games, where designed for Zelda...
  51. Nov 20, 2011
    Amazing controls, great artistic direction and an immersive world come together in this masterpiece of a game, if you've been influenced by the naysayers, worry not, this games surpasses all expectations, a definite must play.
  52. Nov 20, 2011
    The controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solveThe controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solve puzzles, beat boss, done. They actually make a whole area in the game a open ended dungeon, having certain things sealed off until you have the right weapons to access them, almost like a metroid approach, something some fans will hate but most will like the change of pace from the tired formula zelda has always stuck to. it is very challenging as well making you think about where to slice your enemy next without just mashing a button or waggling around like in past games, and the bosses are extremely creative an difficult making them the best in the series to date. It really is what the wii was made for and is a must buy for anyone who is a fan of the series. Expand
  53. Dec 7, 2011
    Okay, so it's not the best Zelda game. But with it's Motion Controls and restructured Zelda formula, it's worth a try for any gamer at all. It may lack in areas that shined in past Zelda games, but the game has obviously taken big steps for the series.
  54. Nov 20, 2011
    Just beat the game a 100%, and can now safely say that this game is a true masterpiece.
    It may be easy to point out some minor flaws, but no big dealbreaker in any way.
    As for the controls, after 5 hours they´re natural and fantastic! This is a solid 9.8 in my book, but the only cons is some minor flaws thats not even worth mentioning so im pumping it up to a 10 for the
    As for the controls, after 5 hours they´re natural and fantastic!
    This is a solid 9.8 in my book, but the only cons is some minor flaws thats not even worth mentioning so im pumping it up to a 10 for the metacritic :D

A MUST BUY! (And it´s worth to buy a Wii for it)!
  55. Nov 20, 2011
    Although, the Wii seems to be aging since it's release in 2006, Nintendo has never fail when it comes to delivering great games with an impressive story line and graphical art style, and that game has finally arrive as each of us dusted out our WII just to play this master-piece that Nintendo developers put so much time and passion into to give us another great experience in their ZeldaAlthough, the Wii seems to be aging since it's release in 2006, Nintendo has never fail when it comes to delivering great games with an impressive story line and graphical art style, and that game has finally arrive as each of us dusted out our WII just to play this master-piece that Nintendo developers put so much time and passion into to give us another great experience in their Zelda franchise. After, playing Skyward Sword for at least 4 hours I was very impress it was one of the best art style I have ever seen in a game, even the graphics were great as well for a Wii game, and yes this game would have looked even better if Nintendo were to develop a High-Definition console for the game, but oh well. Also, I would never consider this game to be ported to the PS3 and XBOX 360 it would be horrible because it's a Nintendo classic title, and no I'm not a fan boy I own both the Wii and Ps3, and the 360 is a great system as well although I don't even own it, but each systems has very impressive exclusives to itself. Personally, I love the water color art style in Skyward Sword it's one of the best graphics I have seen mixing both twilight princess and the wind waker it's just phenomenal with the WII limited hardware. As with the combat the one on one Wii motion plus is accurate indeed although it's not too perfect especially when I'm swinging the controller like crazy it becomes unresponsive sometimes, but who cares Nintendo actually deliver impressive game-play. Now the music, which was preform and orchestrated into Skyward Sword......... BEST MUSIC I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM A GAME, ESPECIALLY IN A ZELDA GAME right after SKYRIMS EPIC MUSIC. I'M GLAD THAT Nintendo has finally decided orchestrate the music into the 25 anniversary sound track disk. Oh yeah and to those who give the game a rating of zero don't go judging the graphics just because it isn't a game with intense graphics like on a a PC , PS3 , and Xbox 360 it's a WII game of course the graphics is outdated in 2011 but who cares it looks great. Finally, after viewing recent reviews from critics such as IGN, GAMETRAILERS, AND GAMESPOT i have say i agree with all three review IGN gave it a 10, gametrailers gave it a 9.1 and then gamespot gave it a 7.5 because a review wouldn't be without criticizing, but enough said it's the critics opinions not ours but giving this game at least a zero is just shame if you people don't enjoy the graphics then don't buy it and play something else. Overall this game is a must buy. Expand
  56. Nov 28, 2011
    The game starts off really slow (takes 1-2 hours before your even in the first dungeon) which will probably put off Zelda beginners, but if you liked past Zelda games there's no reason why you won't like this. It even has the potential to be your favourite in the series. The style is great and controls were perfectly (although may take some time getting use to). They also add a few newThe game starts off really slow (takes 1-2 hours before your even in the first dungeon) which will probably put off Zelda beginners, but if you liked past Zelda games there's no reason why you won't like this. It even has the potential to be your favourite in the series. The style is great and controls were perfectly (although may take some time getting use to). They also add a few new ideas to puzzle solving and combat, making it a fresher experience from previous games in the series. The story is one highlight of the game, but what I enjoyed the most was the sidequests and collectibles. I always like finding pieces of heart, but this time there's also the Goddess Cubes for you to find and the gratitude crystals for you to collect. One bad point is the feeling of emptyness while flying around the sky world. There's hardly any islands for you to visit with things to do, but Skyloft (the biggest island) is full of life and extra tasks for you to do.

It's not my personal favourite in the series, but it's definitely an enjoyable one. The game doesn't change too much to make it unrelatable to previous Zelda games, but enough to make it a fresh experience.
  57. Nov 28, 2011
    My second favourite zelda game. TP and OOT are joint top. This game has fun gameplay, recalibration is not irritating as people say. The cinematic direction is better than any other zelda game although I prefer TP's art style. The first area and dungeon are boring. Why then do I give this a 10 not a 9? Because although haters gonna hate, Lovers gonna love. Hehehe.
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    1. You've definitely NOT played the entire game, yet alone even scratched the surface of it.
    2. Don't insult the Art Style, because you know very well that If they wanted, they could've gone with more realistic TP graphics again. It's a choice, and a good one, in my opinion. 3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't expect the game to hand everything to you. It takes a bit of practice. If I twist my wrist, Link twists his wrist. How much more accurate can it get?

So far the game is a must-own for every Wii player, has great cutscenes, great gameplay and is essentially a great evolution for the franchise. Not a single torch puzzle.
    I'd say this game is AT LEAST as good as Ocarina of Time, if not better. I'll see once i'm done.
  59. Nov 20, 2011
    I like how you can't always just defeat the enemy by waving the wii remote about, as many enemies require thought to defeat. Liked collecting items needed to upgrade my weapons and such, as well as the games setting, which is a colourful and vibrant world, with interesting characters. An excellent addition to the Zelda series, and you will get good value for money from this game, as you'dI like how you can't always just defeat the enemy by waving the wii remote about, as many enemies require thought to defeat. Liked collecting items needed to upgrade my weapons and such, as well as the games setting, which is a colourful and vibrant world, with interesting characters. An excellent addition to the Zelda series, and you will get good value for money from this game, as you'd expect from a quality title such as this. Expand
  60. Nov 25, 2011
    It took them 5 years but Nintendo has finally done it..delivering an adventure so grand yet utilizing the 'revolutionary' motion control to the best there ever is. While there may be some technical hiccups, this is truly the masters' showing how it's done. Delivering and maximizing the ability of a 'weaker' system such as the Wii to its fullest. Great graphics (not high def though), greatIt took them 5 years but Nintendo has finally done it..delivering an adventure so grand yet utilizing the 'revolutionary' motion control to the best there ever is. While there may be some technical hiccups, this is truly the masters' showing how it's done. Delivering and maximizing the ability of a 'weaker' system such as the Wii to its fullest. Great graphics (not high def though), great music, immersive control and gameplay...The best game of 2011 and all time is here. Expand
  61. Nov 30, 2011
    Good game not better than ocarina of time. People who say the controls dont work are dumb **** The only time when the controls get bad is when you switch items. the graphics in the game are alright gameplay feels a little different from past games. The only complaint I have with the game is that its too easy.
  62. Nov 20, 2011
    At first, I wasn't sure about this game. I was playing for ages, constantly bouncing between thinking it was brilliant and thinking it was terrible. It was pretty solid, there was no denying that, but something just felt a bit off about it. But now that I've had the time to play a fair chunk of it (I'm about three temples in, I think), Skyward Sword is easily a contender for best ZeldaAt first, I wasn't sure about this game. I was playing for ages, constantly bouncing between thinking it was brilliant and thinking it was terrible. It was pretty solid, there was no denying that, but something just felt a bit off about it. But now that I've had the time to play a fair chunk of it (I'm about three temples in, I think), Skyward Sword is easily a contender for best Zelda (and therefore best game) of all time. Everything about it is brilliant. The controls work perfectly (anyone having an issue, try recalibrating your controller), the Dungeons are challenging without being frustrating, combat and monster design is simple yet engaging, The bosses are like the classic bosses of Zelda, but with a new flare to them making them unique.

And the graphics are amazing. The environments are absolutely beautiful; especially the third area you go to which is designed flawlessly. Nintendo once again proves that you don't need the best of the best graphics technology to create an amazing, breathtaking world. In the beginning, I was having a real issue with there not being much of a plot. Things just seemed to be happening with no real explanation and for a while I had no plot-based motivation to keep moving forwards. But I'm now beginning to realise that this was an intentional choice by the designers to withhold information and I'm loving how they're presenting it. Also, the villain of the game is probably the best non-ganondorf villain in a Zelda game since Majora. He's funny, yet creepy, and with a brilliant physical design that kind of reminds me of David Bowie... Turns out, combining Zelda with David Bowie is actually the greatest thing ever.
  63. Dec 27, 2011
    Skyward Sword's main strength is that the game has magic. charming, creative, fantastic. it a magical feel that so many modern games lack. the game advance the franchise it a lot of ways. it's story line is simply the best in Zelda's history. like the rest of the game, it's extremely charming and well executed. the cutsence are so well directed and orchestrated, and they help drew you inSkyward Sword's main strength is that the game has magic. charming, creative, fantastic. it a magical feel that so many modern games lack. the game advance the franchise it a lot of ways. it's story line is simply the best in Zelda's history. like the rest of the game, it's extremely charming and well executed. the cutsence are so well directed and orchestrated, and they help drew you in the experience. Sword combat and item use is so intuitive and fits the game perfectly . The art style is amazingly clever, but it's still the WII. the game itself is not perfect, but taken as an experience Skyward Sword is magical, the sort of Magical that will don't see anymore in gaming today. simply everyone must try this out. it has became my favorite Zelda alongside Wind Waker. And now, let's see what Zelda can Nintendo create with some real horse power on the WII U. Expand
  64. Nov 20, 2011
    THIS is the game I've been waiting for, the reason that I and probably lots of people got the Wii in the first place, not only this is an excelent addition to the Zelda series, it's also a huge step forward for motion control, finaly Nintendo was capable to show how much better the experience can be with motion control if they're implementedthe correct game, got a Wii? Get this game! YouTHIS is the game I've been waiting for, the reason that I and probably lots of people got the Wii in the first place, not only this is an excelent addition to the Zelda series, it's also a huge step forward for motion control, finaly Nintendo was capable to show how much better the experience can be with motion control if they're implementedthe correct game, got a Wii? Get this game! You own it to yourself Expand
  65. May 31, 2012
    Overall a enjoyable and long game, any Nintendo, Zelda and Adventure fan will want to get this game instantly. You will not regret it, not only will the game offer a long playtime but also a enjoyable adventure, enjoyable music, enjoyable gameplay as well. Only downside is you would have to buy a Wii Motion Plus control but that should not be a problem as they are either cheap or mostOverall a enjoyable and long game, any Nintendo, Zelda and Adventure fan will want to get this game instantly. You will not regret it, not only will the game offer a long playtime but also a enjoyable adventure, enjoyable music, enjoyable gameplay as well. Only downside is you would have to buy a Wii Motion Plus control but that should not be a problem as they are either cheap or most players should already have one available at this point of the Wii's life. Expand
  66. Nov 21, 2011
    The Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a mustThe Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a must buy for any zelda fan, or even any wii owner! Expand
  67. Nov 25, 2011
    best game i ever played in my life
    LoZ skyward sword is perfect
    allows exact movements with wii remote
    amazing graphics
    and just a great and enjoyable story line
    i am impressed on how the creators progressed zelda and i cant wait to see what the future holds
  68. Nov 20, 2011
    Buy this game, dont trust negative reviews...you will enjoy it for sure!
    Game Spot fell on my concept! GAME OF THE YEAR! Xbox and playstation should make games like this, no graphics based and extremely fun!
  69. Nov 20, 2011
    One of the best Zelda games of the series. It's both a pleasure to play and just watch the people and environment. Also the controls are completely fine, gamespot just hires a bunch a dumbasses. There is nothing wrong with them they are responsive and fun to use.
  70. Nov 20, 2011
    [NO spoilers] I believe this is as good as Ocarina of time. They tried innovating and succeeded! This game makes old gamers happy and new people to the series as well. They changed a lot of new things but in a way that did not disappoint people who loved the formula and got tired of the formula. In my opinion, the old formula was fine, but I still believe this is extravagant.[NO spoilers] I believe this is as good as Ocarina of time. They tried innovating and succeeded! This game makes old gamers happy and new people to the series as well. They changed a lot of new things but in a way that did not disappoint people who loved the formula and got tired of the formula. In my opinion, the old formula was fine, but I still believe this is extravagant. Perfection!!! This game is meant for hardcore and newcomers to the series. Game play is amazing. The Wii motion plus makes you actually feel like youâ Expand
  71. Nov 21, 2011
    A perfect game through and through - I give a 10/10 perfect score to this game! Zelda actually has a personality this time. It is a true Legend. Highly recommended.
  72. Nov 26, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image
    Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by this game, as even Zelda pros have to learn how to defeat foes they've defeated easily in the past. As for voice acting, it wouldn't be fitting to have voice acting. Imagine, after 25 years and for the anniversary, you finally add voice acting. I personally would hate that because I'd hate to hear a voice for Link or Zelda etc. If you have a Wii, you owe it to yourself to get this game. It's like Ocarina of Time for the modern day world. Long time Zelda fans will even get a few references to past games, something I enjoyed a lot.The only disappointment is that such a fantastic game came at the end of the Wii's life.
  73. Nov 20, 2011
    18 Perfect scores for a good reason, Zelda skyward sword gameplay is perfect, using the bow like wii sport resort feels awesome and after swinging the sword you wont want to go back. Using loftwing feel fast and very fun, you will love loftwing alot more than epona. This zelda is a must buy even if u have never pla ya zelda before. 10/10
  74. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is so amazing. I played all Zelda series's games, it's not simple to say which is the best, but Skyward Sword is surely one of the best game I ever played. The controls are very good, the graphic is stylish and its design for every part of the world is crafted caring about every single aspect. The soundtrack is the best of the series. If you are a fan of The Legend of Zelda youThis game is so amazing. I played all Zelda series's games, it's not simple to say which is the best, but Skyward Sword is surely one of the best game I ever played. The controls are very good, the graphic is stylish and its design for every part of the world is crafted caring about every single aspect. The soundtrack is the best of the series. If you are a fan of The Legend of Zelda you must buy Skyward Sword and you'll see with your eyes one of the best game ever created from 25 years to now. Masterpiece 10/10 Expand
  75. Nov 20, 2011
    25 hours till now playing the game ,controls are very impressive,clever, initiative . the important part that i have the same feeling in Ocarina of time the Depth of game play the value that i want to replay the dungeons and visit the area than one Time, ZELDA is the reason i play games
  76. Nov 20, 2011
    To the people who have been giving this game a zero. If you expected this game to have guns, blood, sexuality, or anything like that you are ignorant beyond any reasonable belief. IF you think those elements make a game mature, once again, ignorant. If you gave this a 10/10 for one group of people but 0/10 for another the full review cannot be 0/10 it must at least be a 5. If you actuallyTo the people who have been giving this game a zero. If you expected this game to have guns, blood, sexuality, or anything like that you are ignorant beyond any reasonable belief. IF you think those elements make a game mature, once again, ignorant. If you gave this a 10/10 for one group of people but 0/10 for another the full review cannot be 0/10 it must at least be a 5. If you actually have a review of this game please post it. If you just say you don't like it, I don't believe you even bought it/ I don't believe you were going to buy it anyway. zeros are by far the most ridiculous scores, even people on Skyrim who give it a zero are ignorant. You know it is worth more, review the game fairly. This game is a 10 for me. Expand
  77. Nov 20, 2011
    This was was just a fun one. I saw nothing wrong with it. The story was excellent. While some may say it is graphically lacking, I find the art design aesthetically pleasing.

Oh, **** has come in just to slander the score.
  78. Nov 20, 2011
    Absolutely fantastic. It's colorful, it's challenging, and while it's reasonably accessible for new players it does none of the claustrophobic hand-holding that many other recent Zeldas have done. The combat is a massive improvement over Twilight Princess, the motion controls being precise, responsive, and making combat an actual treat. A must-own...definitely the best Zelda released sinceAbsolutely fantastic. It's colorful, it's challenging, and while it's reasonably accessible for new players it does none of the claustrophobic hand-holding that many other recent Zeldas have done. The combat is a massive improvement over Twilight Princess, the motion controls being precise, responsive, and making combat an actual treat. A must-own...definitely the best Zelda released since the Wii era began. Expand
  79. Nov 20, 2011
    The most unique with this game is the artstyle and that it isn't grimdark like the most of the games this generation. It got extremely many colors and has good graphic considered it is a Wii game. The controls are amazing too and so is the story. One thing I like about this game is that it really explain the beginning of the master sword and the legends!
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the most unique Zelda game in years. Nintendo has crafted an experience that feels familiar, but also very fresh and exciting. Skyward Sword's beautiful art design, coupled with phenomenally accurate controls, makes what is easily the most definitive experience on the Wii. This game is a must own for Zelda fans.
  81. Nov 20, 2011
    Perfect controls, great dungeon design, there are some minor flaws but they don't make it less fun or playable, clearly this game is a fresh air to the zelda formula, a must own for every Wii owner not only Zelda fans.
  82. Nov 20, 2011
    Best game in a long time. The game becomes better and better as the story progresses. This is simply the best Zelda game (better than OoT and Twilight Princess).
  83. Nov 20, 2011
    This is possibly the best Zelda game out there. And more possibly one of the best games of all time. Its got so many new ideas, and they all work perfectly. Every gamer with an IQ, and want to challenge it would love Zelda. Every gamer that thinks that they are smart, and are "Gamers" can go and buy CoD or Battlefield, or something like that.
    If you are a serious gamer you will think the
    If you are a serious gamer you will think the graphics are BEAUTIFUL. The graphics don't have to be the most "realistic" to be good. Just as the story, and gameplay the graphics can be surreal, but still be GREAT.
  84. Nov 20, 2011
    So, I'm just wondering if any of the negative reviewers have actually PLAYED the game? OR, are they really that negative against Nintendo and the Wii? Not a single negative review gives me any reason to believe they actually picked up a Wii remote to give the game a chance. And even the one reviewer that said "then again, it's a Wii game." sounds like he barely lifted a finger to giveSo, I'm just wondering if any of the negative reviewers have actually PLAYED the game? OR, are they really that negative against Nintendo and the Wii? Not a single negative review gives me any reason to believe they actually picked up a Wii remote to give the game a chance. And even the one reviewer that said "then again, it's a Wii game." sounds like he barely lifted a finger to give it a proper chance.

Now, being someone who HAS played the game, let me say that the positive reviews are absolutely warranted and deserved. Nintendo has truly stepped up their game this time around, by giving us an adventure that's as fun to play, as it is hard to STOP playing.

I've been reading a lot of complaints about the "unresponsive" motion controls, and it tells me that some people expected the same waggle-gaggle action that Twilight Princess and the original Wii Sports had. That icon at the bottom of the box, symbolizing Wii MotionPlus, means that while it DOES accurately track your motions, you should really give yourself time to get used to it. Remember the frustration in trying to score a strike in Wii Sports Resort? Yeah? Then be patient! After time, the controls are very easy to adapt to. And if you DON'T remember, then maybe you should play Wii a bit more often.

Of course, where's a Zelda game without the story? This game is set back before Ocarina of Time, and while it isn't an admittedly PERFECT story it's better fare than any of the war games that are out today.

Between the variety of gameplay options, the vast amount of quests and things to do, the compelling story, and the amazing MotionPlus-enabled combat, Zelda Skyward Sword truly is the best Wii game ever, and possibly the best game I've played all year.

Speaking of, I'm gonna get back to that now.
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    Unfortunately I can not give this game 11 ... from my point of view, everything tends to perfection (which unfortunately is known is unreachable): the story is wonderful, the controls are perfectly and places to see jaw-dropping, especially in the dungeons. I love the whole saga of Zelda, but I am ready to put on the fire by 2 hands and one leg that is one if not THE best chapter of Zelda
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is epic! I just started, and I think it's already better than most Zelda games. It deserves all of the tens it's getting. Best Zelda game? Maybe, once I beat of course, but I'm already considering it to be a little better than ocarina! If you're a Zelda fan, you'll adore this one!
  87. Nov 29, 2011
    Bueno, para ser sincero soy fan de la saga de zelda, PERO, hablare objetivamente de este titulo, SIN Fanatismo, primero, Presentacion, el juego comienza con una elegante introducción, promocionando que la saga cumple 25 Años, los menus son sencillos con una vista panoramica de toda "SkyLoft" en español la llamaron "Neburía", laBueno, para ser sincero soy fan de la saga de zelda, PERO, hablare objetivamente de este titulo, SIN Fanatismo, primero, Presentacion, el juego comienza con una elegante introducción, promocionando que la saga cumple 25 Años, los menus son sencillos con una vista panoramica de toda "SkyLoft" en español la llamaron "Neburía", la introducción del juego es impecable, te describen el juego de una manera tan sencilla que cualquiera lo entiende, tan solo en este primer punto le doy un 100, por lo sencillo, entendible y bonito de interactuar con el menu.
    Graficos, aqui le tengo que dar un aplauso a Nintendo, ¿porqué?, se estaran preguntando, bueno, esta compañia esta consciente que su consola no es muy poderosa, es por eso que se la "ingenian" para poder hacer del juego lo mas bonito visualmente, que el arte del juego sea como una pintura, hace que el juego se vea muy bien, los movimientos de los personajes son fluidos y a pesar de no hablar, son muy expresivos, los efectos de luz son muy bueno y de lo mejor que puede tener el Wii, por eso aplaudo a Nintendo, porque sin necesidad de que la consola sea HD, las graficas se sienten muy fresacas y unicas (por estilo de arte).
    Sonido, que podemos decir de esta parte, todo el juego esta orquestado, simplemente hermoso cada melodia del juego, hay momentos en el juego donde se siente apagado, pero va de acuerdo a la situacion presentada, a lo mejor algunos les moleste que los personajes muevan sus labios y que de ellos no salgá ningun sonido, pero que conste que algunos no agradará, NO doy a entender que esto es es negativo.
    Forma de juego (gamplay), la verdad despues de jugar de esta manera un zelda, quisiera que los demas se juguen así, el control de movimiento estan intuitivo y fluido que realmente sientes que tu sostienes una espada, este zelda, es el zelda con menos objetos, pero cada uno es utilizado iteligentemene por el uso del control de movimiento, es el primer zelda, donde para ganarle a un enemigo o jefe, necesitas dar espadasos al azar, realmente necesitas observar por donde atacara tu enemigo o ver sus "huecos" para poder darle un espadazo, realmente una maravilla.
    NOTA: Quiero aclarar algo en este punto, SI, al principio el control se te hará un poco incomodó o torpe, pero si te tomas tu tiempo para entenderlo, y poder usarlo bien, lograras tener a tu poder uno de los mejores controles jamas hechos.
    Duracion del juego, el juego para los veteranos les durara entre 30 y 35 horas en terminar solamente la historia principal, para completarlo al 100% les tomara unas 45 a 55 horas, si eres nuevo y te gustaria comenzar a jugar un zelda, la verdad te lo recomiendo muchisimo porque te gustará, si no eres muy fan de los juegos tipo accion/aventura con un toque de RPG, entonces este no es tu juego, pero no por eso es malo el juego denle una oportunidad.
    Por todo lo anterior mi puntuacion es de un 100, si una puntuacion perfecta, pero la verdad es muy subjetiva esa califacion, yo creo, en mi opinion que el juego minimo es de un 85 a 100, ustedes deciden si comprarlo o no, espero les allá ayudado mi reseña (solo para aclarar si ya me termine el juego y puedo ciriticar de manera correcta)
  88. Nov 20, 2011
    I was never really big fan of Zelda series, but this one is epic. It's really different from other games of Zelda series. Controls are working greatly, graphics are nice but why should I care about graphics - they don't make gameply better. Game is decently chalanging which is welcomed though bosses are easy (at least four bosses I fought). I really like all those sky boxes, upgrades andI was never really big fan of Zelda series, but this one is epic. It's really different from other games of Zelda series. Controls are working greatly, graphics are nice but why should I care about graphics - they don't make gameply better. Game is decently chalanging which is welcomed though bosses are easy (at least four bosses I fought). I really like all those sky boxes, upgrades and other secret stuff. Game hasn't much side quests, but that small about it has is great. Story is 100 percent better than in any other Nintendo game.
    Downsides: In Earth temple it's sometimes horribly hard to proceed (hard to figure out way)
    For most of guys who rated with 0 as soon as this game was relaesed - play at least one hour from the damned game before rating.
  89. Dec 2, 2011
    Anybody who gives this game lower than a seven, hasn't played it. This game is an absolute masterpiece! The artistic direction in this game is amazing, gameplay works fine (if not, buy a new nunchuck), cutscences are jaw dropping, and the story is amazing!!! Buy it
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the best game of Wii. The game the Wii was built for. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a demostration of making great designs and a reinvention of the adventures genere.
    A game that all gamer must to play. Must have, masterpiece 10/10.

Juan Lopez, Zaragoza. España.
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    Best Zelda game ever, hands down. Controls are great.
    It looks beautiful.
    The cinematics give life to characters.
    The weapons are awesome.
    The dungeons are challenging.

Get it.
  92. Nov 20, 2011
    I just have played for 20+ hours. It is definitely an amazing masterpiece. I wonder those negative reviews really play the game or not. Some complaints are really funny and irresponsible. I hope who played the game really enjoyed it.
  93. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the best game the wii in a long time. With the most responsive controls ever, wich gives you a sence of inmertion. This is a slap in the face of those developers that made all the shovelware for the Wii. Nintendo has proven one more time how the game are develope. Music score is excelent, and the new formula of the overworld makes you think that the game has 20+ dungeon whenThis is the best game the wii in a long time. With the most responsive controls ever, wich gives you a sence of inmertion. This is a slap in the face of those developers that made all the shovelware for the Wii. Nintendo has proven one more time how the game are develope. Music score is excelent, and the new formula of the overworld makes you think that the game has 20+ dungeon when officially only have 7. The best Zelda i Ever played Expand
  94. Nov 20, 2011
    This is an amazing game, something to make you remember why you started playing video games in the first place. This is one game where a perfect score is not an exaggeration, it takes everything good from the series past and improves upon it in such refreshing and exciting ways. The inclusion of the Wii motion plus controls is also a very big contribution to the games overall greatness.This is an amazing game, something to make you remember why you started playing video games in the first place. This is one game where a perfect score is not an exaggeration, it takes everything good from the series past and improves upon it in such refreshing and exciting ways. The inclusion of the Wii motion plus controls is also a very big contribution to the games overall greatness. Never has there been a motion controlled game that works so effortlessly, you might even forget you are holding a controller it works so well. I was skeptical they could make it work but it simply does. Something i found very interesting was the fact that the game does not use the pointer on the Wii remote AT ALL. All items that require aiming use the position tracking of the motion plus to move the cursor on the screen, if you feel it is out of alignment you simply push down on the d-pad and it centers the cursor for you. It works amazingly well, no longer do you need to make sure you are pointing at the sensor bar. Aside from the controls, the graphics are amazing as well, despite what some ps3/360 fanboys WILL say. The world has been crafted with great care, and the watercolor like style really makes good use of the limited horsepower of the Wii, it is without a doubt the best looking game the system has to offer. But in the end it is all about gameplay, thankfully the game is no slouch in this department either. Many people have complained that zelda hasn't done enough in recent years to go beyond what was done in Ocarina of time. I am happy to tell these people that is NOT the case with this game, in fact it feels like every single thing you do in the game is taking your expectations of the series and shattering them, in a very good way. The dungeons are all very well done and they are spread out at a good pace, you will have plenty to do between dungeons. The bosses are probably the best the series has ever seen, each new boss you fight gets more and more epic and will actually give you a challenge. Last but not least is the story. This is the first game in the series story wise and it will definitely blow your mind if you have been a fan of the series since the beginning. Finally the connection between all the games has become more clear than ever, I won't spoil a single thing for you but rest assured zeldas story has never been better. I feel like i have said enough about the game now, please ignore the 360/ps3 trolls giving the game a 0, they have not played the game and are simply trolling as trolls do. I give the game a 10 because it deserves it, simple as that. Expand
  95. Nov 20, 2011
    Ok so I got this game a few days ago and still have a long way to go but I had to write a review in response to so many people who rated this 0. 0? seriously are you really that bitter that you think this game has absolutely nothing to offer? even if you think you are too grown up to play Zelda (im 27 and I can swallow my pride to play a less mature game) and you think the graphics look aOk so I got this game a few days ago and still have a long way to go but I had to write a review in response to so many people who rated this 0. 0? seriously are you really that bitter that you think this game has absolutely nothing to offer? even if you think you are too grown up to play Zelda (im 27 and I can swallow my pride to play a less mature game) and you think the graphics look a few years old you have to admit that the game play and the controls are quite spectacular, the experience it creates for the first time with motion controls gives a sense of reality that all these other high end graphics button bashing games can't achieve. Yes the formula of quirky characters, dungeons and puzzles is similar to previous Zelda titles but why break a wining formula. Any one who is unsure about this game don't listen to the 0 reviews they are people who are more entertained by style rather then substance (not that this game doesnt have style). I will say that it takes a few hours to really get in to the game as the first part introduces the story and controls. This game isnt perfect and in my opinion so far doesnt deserve 10/10 but not many games do but there are several moments in the game that are 10/10 and unrivalled by any game on any other system purely because of the unique controls. I want to see more games use this control system and yes it would be good to have better graphics and some blood and gore but not in a Zelda game. I was playing Skyrim all last week and was addicted but I cant go back to it until Zelda is completed because pointing in the right direction and bashing a button seems so unsophisticated now. The only thing that bugs me about this game is not so much the graphics but that the Wii doesnt support HD so doesnt do the art style of the game any justice. Expand
  96. Nov 20, 2011
    Beste game zelda ever.

El mejor Zelda que he visto y uno de los grandes juegos de la generacion. Los haters que se abstengan de puntuar. Hay que jugar al jurgo para tener opinion propia.

Muy buena banda sonora, buen control, rejugable, excelente en todo.
  97. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is for Wii lovers. So don't listen to trolls. If you're someone who hates the Wii, then why are you playing/reviewing this game? In fact, if you hate the Wii, why do you have one? But if you do actually have a Wii and you're not here to troll, and you enjoy playing it, then you will be thoroughly happy with this game. It's a combination of all of those great Wii Sports gamesThis game is for Wii lovers. So don't listen to trolls. If you're someone who hates the Wii, then why are you playing/reviewing this game? In fact, if you hate the Wii, why do you have one? But if you do actually have a Wii and you're not here to troll, and you enjoy playing it, then you will be thoroughly happy with this game. It's a combination of all of those great Wii Sports games into a classic adventure. Sword fighting, bow shooting, bowling, even the sky diving of Wii Sports resort are all in this game. So if any of those party games struck the fun chord with you, then this game will hit an even stronger note. Expand
  98. Nov 20, 2011
    Fantastic Game. Been playing it since this morning. Great controls, story, graphics, etc. In my opinion, it may not turn out to be as great as Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time but from my initial time with SS, it deserves its place alongside the other Zelda games. As always, Nintendo doesn't fail to give their fans a fantastic experience. Great game for gamers of ANY age!

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.