The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii

8.1

1. Nov 22, 2011
    Beautiful, exciting and, above all, fun! Fighting is great, story is great and the music is magical! Giving this game a 0 or 5 is so childish, get a life, there is so much work involved in this kind of game. Don't give a bad score if you didn't even play this masterpiece.
  2. Nov 23, 2011
    Since Ocarina Of Time, no game has ever brought me the same amount of pleasure and emotions that it brought me at that time. Some say the "Zelda magic" is not in Skyward Sword. I disagree. It is there. In fact I think it is more present than ever before, AND it is a more unique one this time. This game keeps surprising me without end. I had extremely high expectations for this game butSince Ocarina Of Time, no game has ever brought me the same amount of pleasure and emotions that it brought me at that time. Some say the "Zelda magic" is not in Skyward Sword. I disagree. It is there. In fact I think it is more present than ever before, AND it is a more unique one this time. This game keeps surprising me without end. I had extremely high expectations for this game but they kinda disappeared once I started playing the game. It is so different than what I expected. And in a good way. From gameplay, to music, to story, to dungeons and...hell, everything in this game surprises me. Controls works like charm. Believe me when I say the controls work perfectly well, at least for me, they work perfectly well. Just take your time, get used to the controls and everything will go smooth and it is tons of fun. Definitely better than pushing buttons, and I don't say this lightly. I wasn't sure about a lot of stuff in this game. But I decided to jump positively in the game. And it turned out extremely well. This is the first Zelda that I believe outclass every other Zelda in a lots of ways. I've read people saying Skyward Sword graphics are worse than Twilight Princess which is absolutely wrong. The level of detail in SS is so much better than in TP. The art style is different, sure but I think this new art style is probably the most suitable for a Zelda game. Colorful and more pleasant looking than TP which is dark and sort of has a empty feeling to it. But that's just me.

I had a good time with TP but SS... is SO SO SO SO much better. It didn't take long I could already say TP is boring game compared to this one.

But hey I like hating on TP because it's my least favorite 3D Zelda but I know I shouldn't really. Each Zelda game is its own experience. Its own feeling. And OOT was the best feeling to me. But then, I was a kid back then. And now I feel like this is OOT all over again. But so different, I actually cannot say it is OOT again. It is a SIMILAR feeling, in the sense that I'm constantly smiling at how awesome this game is. The weird thing is that I have some Super Mario 64 feelings sometimes... I am extremely happy that this game is what it is. I'm a Zelda fan so I thought the game would be great but... this is just so different than what I expected. I'm repeating myself but I'm glad I was wrong.

I love this game. I just love it so much. Don't listen to haters. Nintendo isn't dead. This game is the proof. It is an amazing experience. I also play other games such as Skyrim, Batman, etc, so that you know I'm not just a Nintendo fanboy. I am being honest. No one should miss this, not even Nintendo haters. EVERYONE should play this. :)
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    After reading a couple of negative reviews just for the chuckles I have to wonder if they have even played this game at all. Perhaps they are just FPS junkies and graphics whores perturbed that this game took them away from their precious Call of Duty for a while. To give Skyward Sword anything lower than a 7-8 would indicate either a severe bias or lack of understanding as to what makes aAfter reading a couple of negative reviews just for the chuckles I have to wonder if they have even played this game at all. Perhaps they are just FPS junkies and graphics whores perturbed that this game took them away from their precious Call of Duty for a while. To give Skyward Sword anything lower than a 7-8 would indicate either a severe bias or lack of understanding as to what makes a good game.

Skyward Sword is a great game with a compelling story that sucks you right in. The worlds are fun to explore, the controls are some of the best i have ever seen on the Wii and it's all around just a fun game. No, the graphics are not going to blow you away, but they are by no means the worst on the Wii. They are by no means a deal breaker in a game this fun. There are worse games with better graphics, why not waste your time playing those and stop whining about Skyward Sword? Anybody who wants play a fantastic game and give the Wii a proper sendoff owes it to themselves to pick this one up.
  4. Nov 23, 2011
    Breathtaking! People that complain about the controls clearly haven't spent much time understanding them and their nuances. They expect everything to automatically work without any learning curve.
  5. Nov 23, 2011
    Amazing game! Great art, story, characters, and gameplay. Ignore all the zero scores, etc. Trust me when I say they haven't played the game. If you are looking for a great gaming experience like no other then i would highly recommend trying this game. Does have a learning curve, but once you get past it you will never want to go back
  6. Nov 23, 2011
    I expected this game to be good, but you know what it is? Its great!! The graphical style is the best that the Zelda series has to offer, IMO. Plus, the motion controls work excellently. The only problem that I have with the game is that you have to recenter the pointer thing a little too much. Oh yeah, I forgot about the story of the game. To be honest, this is the most plot centeredI expected this game to be good, but you know what it is? Its great!! The graphical style is the best that the Zelda series has to offer, IMO. Plus, the motion controls work excellently. The only problem that I have with the game is that you have to recenter the pointer thing a little too much. Oh yeah, I forgot about the story of the game. To be honest, this is the most plot centered Zelda game ever made. There are also many cinematic parts to this amazing adventure. And for all these reasons above, this is why the game deserves a 10 out of 10. Expand
  7. Nov 23, 2011
    What are these "games" that you have honored in recent years? The one true sword master chief is back, or rather he has always been there. Matrix, navel and center of gravity of the video game, this new Zelda reference everyone and all claims satellites in orbit. The wind in the sails, at ease.
  8. Nov 23, 2011
    This is the best game on the Wii period. Best Zelda game period. Best game this year? Maybe.
    The graphics are cell shaded :/ but it works well, actually looks alot better than I thought it would. Sword controls take only a couple hours to master, if you dont like them or think they're laggy it's because you suck.
    Lots of cut-scenes, interesting characters really gets you into the

Lots of cut-scenes, interesting characters really gets you into the story.
    Lots of Zelda de-ja vu.

Awesome game all around definitely a must play.
  9. Nov 24, 2011
    It's got a Twilight Princess brain, a Wind Waker heart, and the adventure of Ocarina of Time coursing through its veins, but at its soul is a brand new game, and Nintendo aren't afraid to show it.

Skyward Sword is a game that FEELS right, in every sense of the word. It flows effortlessly and, as the game progresses, immerses the player beautifully into its world. For 35 glorious hours,

For 35 glorious hours, you won't just play a video game - you will become Link, and embark upon your own fantastic adventure, high spirits and sword (Wii remote...) in hand. Never mind the brown/gray/dark brown color-wheel of Call of Duty or Battlefield - the watercolor pallet of Link's latest outing is majestic and, indeed, beautiful. This game simply radiates with character and cheer.

Accompanied by a soaring soundtrack and ingenious, satisfying controls, Skyward Sword sits proudly in the ranks of one of the finest games in the series.

The finest game on Wii. A must-buy.
  10. Nov 24, 2011
    A masterpiece from beginning to end. Possibly the best zelda game to date and definitely the best game on the wii. Even coming into this game with the mindset that it won't be as good as my favourite zelda ( Twilight Princess, deal with it ) it still shined through as my favourite in the series. The motion control is absolutely fantastic and i never want to go back
  11. Nov 24, 2011
    This is why i am a zelda fan. For me this is the best zelda ever made. My favorite was marjoras mask but this one beeds them all damn i realy love it .
  12. Nov 24, 2011
    I remember playing Ocarina of Time when I was younger and being in awe, knowing without a doubt that it wouldn't be the only time I played the game, and I was right. I still loved every moment playing the 3ds version when it came out. Since then there hasn't been another Zelda game that had that kind of impact on me, even the ones I've played multiple times were not that same feeling.I remember playing Ocarina of Time when I was younger and being in awe, knowing without a doubt that it wouldn't be the only time I played the game, and I was right. I still loved every moment playing the 3ds version when it came out. Since then there hasn't been another Zelda game that had that kind of impact on me, even the ones I've played multiple times were not that same feeling. Skyward Sword changes that.

This game is a masterpiece. The story is easily the strongest in the series by a long shot. Sure there's no voice acting, but emotion is portrayed more than well enough, the cutscenes are beautifully done, the characters are memorable, and to top it all off, it does a phenomenal job as the first game in the Zelda timeline at explaining the things we've seen in previous titles.

The graphics are not hyper-realistic like seems to be expected these days. Instead, they're a very expressive mix of the realistic and cartoony Zelda styles that have been used throughout the series, and it works beautifully. It copes with the Wii's lack of power by having more distant scenery turn impressionistic, that comes together as you get closer which is actually a pleasing way to handle things. The style itself is beautiful and works great for the game.

Music, well, it's a Zelda game and it's all orchestral, what more do you have to say? Wonderful start to finish.

The gameplay holds up strongly throughout. There were times when controls would hiccup, whether it was accidentally doing a spin attack because I tweaked the nunchuck a bit, or the aim being off using an item and having to hit down on the Dpad to recenter it. However these problems were minor inconveniences, and the second+more common one once rectified also reestablished your viewpoint to centered so if you reacted quick enough it was barely noticeable.

Outside of the hiccups, the motion controls shine as what Wii promised years ago. Sword play is dynamic and fun, and mistakes will often cost you, especially once you start finding enemies equipped with electric weapons(which in true Zelda fashion will take away a heart every time you're blocked). The items all feel natural, and there are some nice additions like the bow charging a shot by holding A, or charging quicker by holding C and pulling back the nunchuck. The addition of being able to roll bombs adds a whole new level of depth, as does being able to carry them remotely.

The items are all well done. Not to mention, they're used from the time you get them until the time you get to the end. If I recall correctly, you get the beetle in the first temple(Skyview) and it was necessary in multiple ways in the final temple of the game. The only thing I didn't like about the items was shield durability, as it's very late in the game when you are finally able to attain a shield that won't break if you block instead of parry with it. However there's a self-repairing shield that holds it's own if you know how to use it until late game, so it's mostly just getting to the point where you can get that.

The dungeon design is some of the best Zelda has ever seen. There are a couple "put this box on this switch" puzzles, but they're very limited in number. I think there was maybe one "light the torches" and it was done in a new way that prevented it from feeling like a stale puzzle. Outside of that there are a lot of new mechanics and new puzzles which are quite interesting, especially when you run into one of the most interesting new elements, the timeshift stones.

Boss fights are some of the best in the series. There are several that I remember puzzling through how to beat them, and the final boss was easily one of the best finales Zelda has ever seen, challenging your mastery of the mechanics and your ability to think on your feet all at once(which most of the new bosses do, but what can I say, I really like the last fight).

Revisiting areas as much as you do is helped along by having new things happen to help keep things feeling fresh. The last trip you make to the Eldin province is unique to the rest of the game and is quite an entertaining journey. There are also a few areas in each province, which you open up and explore as you more items, so even though you've been to the area you may still be going somewhere new.

The silent realms are an interesting diversion, challenging your patience and thought. It's pretty much a fetch quest, but it does give you a break from combat to do something the Zelda series almost never sees: Avoid combat at all costs, and innovate your way to the collection items so as to not get spotted and have to start all over, while on a time limit before the enemies wake up and start chasing.

I'm running out of characters so I'll end there. This game is a masterpiece, and I think may actually beat OOT(tough call there). From start to finish it is easily the best game released for Wii and, in my opinion, easily Game of the Year.
  13. Nov 24, 2011
    From the minute the game starts, to the moment the game ends - Skyward Sword is an adventure of epic proportions that truly delivers on Miyamoto's vision of exploration; one that leaves a lasting impression on any gamer who dares commit to it's lengthy playtime.

Almost everything in this game is polished to perfection, the visuals are often stunning despite their lack of resolution, with a style that seamless combines those of past Zelda games to create something that is truly befitting to the series. Don't let the lack of lighting and bump-mapping fool you, this game looks glorious - it's textures are lovely in their paint-like quality, and some of the character models are brilliant in their simplicity, even by today's standards. The controls, although extremely tight, have their occasional frustrating moments - often needing to be re-centered when aiming with a weapon. Though this slight frustration is a moot point. Motion controls are a revelation, and I simply do not want to go back.

Nintendo has fully unleashed it's creativity with the cut-scenes in this game, offering a truly cinematic quality with nary a word spoken; the camera work in these cut scenes are fantastic, and every cut scene (despite some being a little too lengthy,) manages to shape and mold each of Skyward Swords complex characters even further. Skyward Sword is the gaming achievement since the introduction of 3D worlds. The game-changing controls, along with the charming visuals and polished-to-perfection production values, hold this game so high, it's only fitting destination is Skyward.
  14. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. the graphics are perfectly done: backgrounds, floors, walls simulate beautiful paintings. Controls are perfected, Link will even twist his hand at your command. This game is like one of those dreams that you don't want to wake up. This game is for what Zelda was created, no, this game is for what video games were created! 10/10
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    PERFECT, the motion control is spot-on and this games adds so much more to the zelda-verse, the best zelda to yet and probably one of the best game ever, totally GOTY, fitting for it's 25th anniversary
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    I gave this game a 10/10 because it definitely deserves it (thus far. i'm about 4 hours into the game). The music is astounding, the colors are amazing, and the story line is just as intriguing as OoT. If the game somehow starts failing as I continue playing, i'll change my review but i don't see that happening. Definitely worth the money and imo, better than TP.
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles,Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles, tons of action, pranks, skydiving, soaring among the clouds, swordfighting and gadgets, as well as challenging memorable and rewarding boss fights this is *definitely* the game for you! If you don't own a wii, borrow or buy a used one, and play this game now! Enjoy the smile on your face after a tense battle! This all what games are about! Expand
  18. Nov 21, 2011
    Best Zelda game so far. Beautiful graphics, great orchestral music and perfect controls. After Skyward Sword you never ever want to play a action-adventure with a game-pad again.

The only disappointment is the missing voice acting.
  19. Nov 26, 2011
    zelda is the best franchise ever existed alongside mario and metroid...... Nintendo are gods, sony and msoft try to compensate this with money and technology but they cant ...............this game is the living proof that nintendo are the best at gamecrafting and overall videogame desing and innovations......... haters go fawk your mother
  20. Nov 23, 2011
    I gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the oldI gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the old zelda games that had so many trap doors and secrets at every corner, had a room that traps you by you ending up in the same room endlessly if you pick the wrong sequence of doors to open. The boss battles are enjoyable due to the wii nunchuck though getting the right camera angle while moving around is still a pain. The story for this game is very kiddish where you wonder how Zelda could move ahead of you so fast going into dungeons, lava filled volcano areas, underwater areas and monster filled areas and coming out unharmed while you have to look tirelessly for dungeon keys and getting the right equipment to progress the game. Maybe Link is the one that needs protecting. I won't knock the game because its story is geared towards kids so I'm giving it a 9 for control innovation, mini-games innovation, dungeon puzzles were a little challenging, mini-games a little challenging. Just wish they made this game more challenging by bigger boss battles, more challenging hidden stuff and areas, less hints, less childish and include the old NES Zelda dungeon music in dungeons. Expand
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Graphics: is a kind of impressionist style, it's art in motion! you can pause the game and conteplate something amazing. Gameplay: The most innovative Zelda of all, a lot of FUN! you will be the hand of link using the master sword, run and jump as never and of course a lot of rpg options are added. Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda games were you can undertand many thing of the Zelda universe.

Conclusion: a epic game, a legend that gives you 50/100 hrs of FUN!
  22. Nov 26, 2011
    Passed the game two days after it came out, and I've been pondering since to whether or not it is better than Oot. I tend to feel it to be blasphemous to question those classic Zelda titles like LTTP, Oot, MM, and the original Zelda, but Skyward Sword did something to trigger that. I think if they made the game just a touch shorter, rather than having some of the unnecessary backtrackingPassed the game two days after it came out, and I've been pondering since to whether or not it is better than Oot. I tend to feel it to be blasphemous to question those classic Zelda titles like LTTP, Oot, MM, and the original Zelda, but Skyward Sword did something to trigger that. I think if they made the game just a touch shorter, rather than having some of the unnecessary backtracking particularly in the sequences revolving around the collecting of songs from Eldin Volcano and Faron Woods I would have had no trouble in placing this game above Oot, and even going as far as saying it maybe the greatest 3D game ever made. After Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword has probably been the most unpredictable Zelda, and for that I appreciate it greatly. Often times you find yourself suspiciously peering at the inventory screen looking for the occasional object significant to the quest, in Skyward however this did little to help you figure out exactly how much more is left making every next move or turn all the more unpredictable. Another good sign is that this has perhaps been the first time that I have been so pleased that I've gone on to replay the game again simply for the greater challenge.

It is also true that Fi does in fact wreck some of the greater puzzles the game has to offer, however one of these puzzles which Fi wrecked during the 5th dungeon made me ask myself "Did Fi just save me an hour of running back and forth frustrated?" Because certainly that is what was going to happen. Regardless the design of the puzzles and dungeons are brilliant, and they make you want to return to the past Zelda games you may have never completed [like for me the DS games] or replaying Links Awakening or doing the second quest in the Original Zelda. Then when you get to doing that you realize well it was more than just the dungeons, it was also the combat.

Ultimately the good in Skyward is simply so brilliant that the awkwardness of the few moments of backtracking only works beneficially, postponing at that point what would ultimately be the greatest climax in Zelda history. In the end IGN will call it game of the year, many will call it game of the decade, and maybe I will call it the best Zelda ever made.
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    A perfect game through and through - I give a 10/10 perfect score to this game! Zelda actually has a personality this time. It is a true Legend. Highly recommended.
  24. Nov 21, 2011
    Fantastic game, got it on Friday and played for about 20 hours, does everything right and skimming over the negative comments convinces me people are rating 0s despite not even playing the game. For example calibrating the motion plus isn't even an issue, it takes about 6 seconds and I've only ever needed to do it after turning the controller off, I've played for long periods of timeFantastic game, got it on Friday and played for about 20 hours, does everything right and skimming over the negative comments convinces me people are rating 0s despite not even playing the game. For example calibrating the motion plus isn't even an issue, it takes about 6 seconds and I've only ever needed to do it after turning the controller off, I've played for long periods of time without needing to calibrate once. The combat is amazing, the controls are actually extremely responsive and this game has actually made a big leap in combat, sure beats waggling and button mashing. Oh and I love the colours, very pretty. I'm extra excited for what they'll do with Zelda on Wii U now because this is certainly my all time favourite game thus far. Also just as a heads up it doesn't use the sensor bar, you can totally aim the pointer while you're in a different room. Lesson of the day: read the instruction book. Expand
  25. Nov 20, 2011
    Another vacations with my favorite game. Thanks Nintendo for the innovation. I love Zelda Skyward Sword so much. The music is great, the storyline is so perfect, the controls is maybe the best part. It's a hard game and i aprecciate this masterpiece since the first minute until the last one. Miyamoto, Eiji and kondo: Thanks again, this will be a fantastic christmas. Now im going for SuperAnother vacations with my favorite game. Thanks Nintendo for the innovation. I love Zelda Skyward Sword so much. The music is great, the storyline is so perfect, the controls is maybe the best part. It's a hard game and i aprecciate this masterpiece since the first minute until the last one. Miyamoto, Eiji and kondo: Thanks again, this will be a fantastic christmas. Now im going for Super Mario Land 3D Expand
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    This is by far, hands down, the best Zelda game ever created. It steals the Ocarina of Time's spotlight easily and this is indeed a masterpiece. See Nintendo? Put effort into your games and you get a game that could be a timeless classic.
  27. Nov 21, 2011
    So far I have played the game and I've gotten a taste of swordplay, flying, and overall starting to get used to flying mechanics. I love the game and I think it is an amazing challenge; it brings me back to when I first played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and how I found both of them to be rather difficult to me at the time, being they were my first Zelda games.

Skyward Sword is

Skyward Sword is getting bad scores due to people thinking too highly of it and comparing it to other games like Assassin's Creed. If they would compare it to the REST of the Zelda series instead, the game would be getting a better score.

Trust me, don't judge a game because of other users reviews. Well... yes take it into account... but don't let it ruin it. I say try the game out, maybe as a rental, then buy it if you want. It's a good game.
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    Definitely a new take on the Zelda franchise while remaining true to what the series is known for. At first, the controls seem awkward as you raise your wii remote upwards before dealing a devastating strike but after an hour, I can't imagine playing Skyward Sword in any other way. A surprisingly involving story and excellent mechanics make this game the reason why you should pick up aDefinitely a new take on the Zelda franchise while remaining true to what the series is known for. At first, the controls seem awkward as you raise your wii remote upwards before dealing a devastating strike but after an hour, I can't imagine playing Skyward Sword in any other way. A surprisingly involving story and excellent mechanics make this game the reason why you should pick up a motion plus. After only a couple hours of game play, you can't wait to play more. The characters are more welcoming than ever, each with their own personality, especially the game's villain. There was more areas to discover and reasons why you should return to previous areas. The flight seems strange at first but to have controls not limited by the joystick seems like a very free feeling. The only thing that slows the game down somewhat is the lack of response the controller has but that is a trifle, barely noticeable when you can control exactly the direction your sword strikes. This is how a true motion control game should play. Each aspect of the technology is used effectively. The ability to change the UI is an excellent addition. Despite the game not having the graphics that Skyrim or Modern Warfare 3 have, it keeps true to the Zelda theme. The game is bright and a welcoming change to the greys and browns normally seen in mainstream gaming. This game signals a new start for the Zelda franchise and possibly the only reason to buy a Wii if you haven't already. Expand
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game, which affords a new control scheme which makes interesting new gameplay options possible. Negative reviews are reprehensible given that the game's usage of motion controls was announced originally --- people who want to sit down and play games by mashing buttons should re-play the old games, or choose to purchase games which cater to that. People who played WiiAbsolutely amazing game, which affords a new control scheme which makes interesting new gameplay options possible. Negative reviews are reprehensible given that the game's usage of motion controls was announced originally --- people who want to sit down and play games by mashing buttons should re-play the old games, or choose to purchase games which cater to that. People who played Wii Sports Resort and wanted more freedom and control (and interesting puzzles) or Red Steel 2 and wanted a longer game will be well-rewarded by this game. Expand
  30. Nov 21, 2011
    Magical. Minor complaints here and there with motion controls and pacing, but this game is captivating from beginning to end. Would expect nothing less from a Zelda game. Easily crack my top ten of all time.

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.