The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii

9.0

1. Nov 20, 2011
    A mediocre Zelda game.

Nothing new added in what seems like a misguided attempt at making Ocarina of Time 2.0. Tedious oppening, boring wolf sections and item bloat. Once you get the master sword however, the game really does become like OoT, which while feeling dated, does obviously make it highly enjoyable. Some stunning boss fights let down by their simplicity in their
    A mediocre Zelda game.

Tedious oppening, boring wolf sections and item bloat.

Some stunning boss fights let down by their simplicity in their defeat.

Great horseback combat that is crimminally underused.

You'll wonder how you ever did without pointer controlls for the bow.
  2. Andrew
    Feb 12, 2007
    Why is this game good? I rented it for a week... after half an hour playing it, I cant be bothered with it at all. An extremely slow start... if it gets better after the start, that's great -- but I can't be bothered going through all the boring bits for that.
  3. Dec 4, 2010
    I liked the game ok the first time, but after playing it again I really noticed... They were just trying to hard to make an epic game, and I don't feel like they did a good job of it.
    Ocarina of Time was an accidental hit if you really think about it; they weren't trying to create a great game, they were just experimenting with giving the Legend of Zelda series 3d graphics, and they just had fun with the rest. It also had a good story and a sort of hidden message about the loss of innocence with age.
    Twilight Princess is not Ocarina of Time. Twilight Princess basically attempts to add the darker two-world tone of A Link to the Past to Ocarina of Time. I won't go into specifics to prevent spoilers, but the bottom line is that they were just trying too hard. It had too many cheesy moments.
  4. MarkE.
    Feb 23, 2007
    Sorry guys I'm not impressed. I come from the PC world and bought the Wii because of the innovative controls. Wii sports is a blast and I have had a lot of fun with it. Zelda seems like an outdated, poorly designed game with a somewhat interesting storyline. The controls are "BAD", the character keeps running into things and getting stuck both in Link and Wolf mode. Wolf mode Sorry guys I'm not impressed. I come from the PC world and bought the Wii because of the innovative controls. Wii sports is a blast and I have had a lot of fun with it. Zelda seems like an outdated, poorly designed game with a somewhat interesting storyline. The controls are "BAD", the character keeps running into things and getting stuck both in Link and Wolf mode. Wolf mode especially seems to be really touchy... fighting mobs seems to be difficult as well. You can't use the nunchuk to turn to the enemy (too slow/awkward), you have to constantly target them. There are some things I like about the game, e.g., fishing but yeeesh... when does this actually get fun? I'd take WoW, Oblivion or some modern RPG any day. Expand
  5. Jun 8, 2011
    This was a terrible game in comparison to OoT and Majoras Mask, I am ashamed at the direction Nintendo went with this

Too easy bosses, no love at all

Does not deserve such a high rating, I beat it once and have no desire ever to touch it again
  6. Apr 3, 2011
    first off i would like to say that this was my first and only zelda game because this game has turned me off to the whole series. now for as to what is wrong with it when ever you are on your horse or in wolf mode it is so easy to get stuck on things unless you are only walking and not going fast but then there is no point of the horse in the begining becasue of this flaw. next up is thefirst off i would like to say that this was my first and only zelda game because this game has turned me off to the whole series. now for as to what is wrong with it when ever you are on your horse or in wolf mode it is so easy to get stuck on things unless you are only walking and not going fast but then there is no point of the horse in the begining becasue of this flaw. next up is the characters they do not look right they look like they were made on the Mii chanel or something because they have the same shaped heads that you can give your Miis but the actual game enviroment was beutiful so that is why i dont give it a 0. stay away and do yourself a huge favor Expand
  7. Juha
    Jan 7, 2007
    I played the first Zelda on NES, but none of the following games until Twilight Princess. So I'm not a huge fan of the series and that probably lessened the experience for me. Twilight Princess just didn't do it for me. The game is decent, but not compelling enough to play through. The Wiimote is basicly used like a D-Pad and he game is too linear. Beyond the shortcomings its a I played the first Zelda on NES, but none of the following games until Twilight Princess. So I'm not a huge fan of the series and that probably lessened the experience for me. Twilight Princess just didn't do it for me. The game is decent, but not compelling enough to play through. The Wiimote is basicly used like a D-Pad and he game is too linear. Beyond the shortcomings its a good game, but feels like you should know the series to enjoy it fully. Expand
  8. DominikE.
    Aug 10, 2007
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  9. James
    Apr 28, 2008
    Graphics, gameplay, and plot are great. However, the bosses are too simple and that takes away from the game. Midna informs you of anything that you might have to thin kabout and there are only a couple parts of the game where the player actually has to think. The user can go throughout the entire game only using four of the seven hidden skills, but the shadow and light worlds make it Graphics, gameplay, and plot are great. However, the bosses are too simple and that takes away from the game. Midna informs you of anything that you might have to thin kabout and there are only a couple parts of the game where the player actually has to think. The user can go throughout the entire game only using four of the seven hidden skills, but the shadow and light worlds make it worth the journey. I would recommend this game for any Zelda fan, but be prepared to be disappointed by the ending. Expand
  10. Miles
    Dec 16, 2006
    I don't care what anyone says, nobody cares about graphics if the game plays like crap. This game, although not the most graphically advanced, has the most important quality of any game: it's fun. The guys at Nintendo decided that rather than focusing on raw power (graphically, the Wii looks more like the original XBox), they would innovate, and they did. Besides, it I don't care what anyone says, nobody cares about graphics if the game plays like crap. This game, although not the most graphically advanced, has the most important quality of any game: it's fun. The guys at Nintendo decided that rather than focusing on raw power (graphically, the Wii looks more like the original XBox), they would innovate, and they did. Besides, it doesn't look bad, just a tad dated, which in the long run, doesn't matter. It is, however, fun, new, and deserving of any and all 100s it receives. Expand
  11. JohnH.
    Dec 21, 2006
    Don't listen to the below reviewer Pokey, the Wii can render graphics better than the original XBox can. Twilight Princess is an amazing game. From the gameplay (which is a huge step up from Ocarina), to the plot (which rivals Majora's Mask in quality), to the amazing graphics. This game will keep you entertained for at least 50-60 hours, and is still fun to replay multiple times.
  12. MarkG.
    Mar 30, 2007
    Dont buy this game, if you are older than 10. Graphics=2, Controls=2, Story=3, Sound= What sound?, No voice acting, incredibly boring boss fights. (No idea, how this game managed to create all that hype, guess Nintendo is investing a lot in getting favorable reviews instead of investing in hardware and games)
  13. BlenderM.
    Nov 23, 2006
    This is a long tiresome game. Music terrible, Control terrible. It makes me sad to be an elf.
  14. TrevH.
    Dec 13, 2006
    This game plays off the sucess of ooT,the controls blow and while the game play is so so, its feels like if just tried to hard to be better then ooT rather then just focusing on makeing a good game, it seems they took everything that made ooT famous and copyed it.
  15. ManoelQ.
    Jun 29, 2008
    It's a pretty game, involvent and the dungeons are incredible. However, the bosses are ridiculous and the story is not so charming as in "The Wind Waker" or "Majora's Mask".
  16. SeanF
    Oct 13, 2009
    I was one of those people who put my money down on Twilight Princess as soon as I could. I got many calls from Gamestop telling me of the numerous delays this game had. And when I finally got to play it... I gotta be honest, it was a little underwhelming. I thought numerous times "Didn't I already do this in Ocarina of Time?"- it was more of a repeat and less of an homage. After Wind I was one of those people who put my money down on Twilight Princess as soon as I could. I got many calls from Gamestop telling me of the numerous delays this game had. And when I finally got to play it... I gotta be honest, it was a little underwhelming. I thought numerous times "Didn't I already do this in Ocarina of Time?"- it was more of a repeat and less of an homage. After Wind Waker, which had done something completely different but in the same vein, and come out all the better for it, I felt like I was back in 1998- and I had just paid $50 for my ticket back there. I came out of this game feeling underwhelmed and somewhat let down. BOTTOM LINE: On it's own it's good. As a Zelda game? It's like OOT but with less fun. Expand
  17. CarlosL
    Dec 21, 2009
    Even the least creative Zelda is better tham mostly games out there! Everything is so damn perfect that I wonder if it doesn't really exist! I still think Majora's Mask the best Zelda game of all time, but this one asmost changed my mind.
  18. PokeyM.
    Dec 14, 2006
    This game claims to have bad graphics but good gameplay, but really it does neither very well. This game is basically OOT with tacked on wii-wand control and Character design. Link looked badass in OOT, but in Twilight Princess he reminds me of an emotional 7th heaven character. Nintendo should really just do what they intended to do in the first place and remake OOT with updated This game claims to have bad graphics but good gameplay, but really it does neither very well. This game is basically OOT with tacked on wii-wand control and Character design. Link looked badass in OOT, but in Twilight Princess he reminds me of an emotional 7th heaven character. Nintendo should really just do what they intended to do in the first place and remake OOT with updated graphics. Of course, the Wii is just the tiniest step up from the 64 anyways, and is not capable of rendering better images than the original Xbox. Somewhere in the last 7-10 years, Nintendo lost their way. Expand
  19. Aug 21, 2010
    Just flawless. Superb story, superb gameplay, keeps surprising. It's fresh but nostalgic. Certainly one of the best games I've ever played. My only gripe is that once you have completed it 100%, it doesn't offer too many incentives to continue playing.
  20. Mar 9, 2012
    Bought the game but became bored after a couple of hours realising its just the same game as the n64 zeldas, needs gameplay originality.
  21. Aug 17, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Graphically the best game so far. However it was so horribly easy that it sucked the fun out of the dungeons and fights. The lack of secret side quests was also damaging to the game. The major killer of this game for me was that the most awesome area and character in the game will not be returning in any sequel(Or so the ending indicated). Midna beats the hell out of Navi in every way and then poofs forever at the end. It's my assumption that with the removal of their forums and the invention of the wii along with game endings like this that Nintendo is just trying to burn themselves down for the insurance money. Expand
  22. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = One of my personal favorite action adventure games. Very well designed and extremely addictive.
  23. Nov 4, 2010
    The only Zelda games I have played prior to this title was "OOT", "Link to the Past", and "The Legend of Zelda." Going into this game I really wanted to like it. It started out really slow, and then it got really boring. The story was also awkward. You turn into a wolf with some giggly little cat looking thing on your back. Eventually you turn back into Link; and even he looks weird.The only Zelda games I have played prior to this title was "OOT", "Link to the Past", and "The Legend of Zelda." Going into this game I really wanted to like it. It started out really slow, and then it got really boring. The story was also awkward. You turn into a wolf with some giggly little cat looking thing on your back. Eventually you turn back into Link; and even he looks weird. I'm not one who stops playing a game halfway through it, but unfortunately I will have to on this one. Expand
  24. Nov 14, 2010
    This game is quite good. However, it has a major shortcoming: It is simply a rehash of Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time was an amazing game. Twilight Princess is also a great game. The problem is, I've played it before. And the first time was better.

This game has a lot of strengths - the visuals in the game are excellent. While the game is not the best thing ever graphically, it has a very good style to it, particularly the darker sections of the game, where the design is the strongest. Midna, your ally, has an amazing design, and Link's wolf form is quite cool.

The wolf sections of the game are the only real new addition to the game, and they are fun - they aren't long enough to get annoying in their simplicity, and the theme of travelling through the darkness is quite fun.

The parts where you play as Link are very standard for games of this type - you can't really jump, you use your tools to progress through the levels, and combat is pretty basic.

The major ways this game falls down are a fewfold.

Firstly, it is too easy. Most of the game is pretty easy. I like to die periodically to make me feel challenged, but in this game, I didn't die even once. The enemies were not interesting enough to fight, and it was only the very rare fight, in the very end of the game or the optional side-dungeon, which felt even remotely challenging.

Secondly, it often felt a bit too linear. While all the Zelda games are fairly linear, a lot of them disguised it fairly well; this game does not do so, removing the illusion of choice for the most part. Moreover, the Hookshot, previously a fun way to explore, has its equivalent in this game be much worse for the random exploration the Hookshot was good for.

All in all, it is a solid title, and worth playing, but it'd be nice to feel like I was playing a new Zelda game, not a game which I played on the N64.
  25. Mar 18, 2013
    The only Zelda to match Oot. A huge epic experience. Unfortunetly better on the Gamecube because of camera control, but this was my favorite game ever for a while.
  26. Nov 6, 2011
    This is the best zelda game, nay, the greatest Nintendo game. I think that the gamecube version is better than the Wii's, but maybe it's just me. This game is everything that I loved about Ocarina of Time, but with new gameplay, characters, and just awesomeness. Get it if you don't already have it.
  27. Feb 15, 2011
    This is my first Zelda game aside from a few hours on the N64. Everything is fun and all, but two things ruined the game for me. First, the fishing. Good luck getting that one figured out without going to youtube and watching a few demos frame by frame. That is the most frustrated and annoyed with a game that I have ever been in my almost 40 year life. It was unnecessary lack ofThis is my first Zelda game aside from a few hours on the N64. Everything is fun and all, but two things ruined the game for me. First, the fishing. Good luck getting that one figured out without going to youtube and watching a few demos frame by frame. That is the most frustrated and annoyed with a game that I have ever been in my almost 40 year life. It was unnecessary lack of functionality in the controls that almost made me throw the thing out the window. That made me wary of further annoyances and jaded me significantly. Second, the 3rd person moving camera. Just gotta love being attacked from offscreen and not being able to do anything about it. I do not like dying because of the camera. That's a deal breaker in any game. Tragic to have to pan a game with so much beauty but the fact I'm angry while writing this has to mean something. Expand
  28. Feb 17, 2013
    At first the game darkness and the whole beast link human link might seem weird, but as the game goes on, everything is just spectacular... cinematography, gameplay, puzzles... the whole history makes a lot of sense at the end (while in the beginning you might feel lost and wondering why do you actually have to play as a wolf). At the end, you'll feel like you have truly finished aAt first the game darkness and the whole beast link human link might seem weird, but as the game goes on, everything is just spectacular... cinematography, gameplay, puzzles... the whole history makes a lot of sense at the end (while in the beginning you might feel lost and wondering why do you actually have to play as a wolf). At the end, you'll feel like you have truly finished a legend. Cannot think of negative aspects of this game, blew me out! And it just gets better and better... Expand
  29. Feb 13, 2012
    Okay I'm too tired to write a full review so im just gonna say it: This game is good, very good I would recommend anyone that dont know the zelda franchise to start with this one.
  30. Mar 27, 2012
    second best game ever. yyyyyyyyyyayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.zelda ss has best gameplay
  31. Jun 30, 2012
    I could write a massively eloquent review about this game like I usually do with others, but I'm not in the mood so I will say this: The first time I played it when it came out, it blew my expectations away and I completed it 100% in a week. But I tried replaying it the other day and I almost wanted to kill myself, it's very strange and I'm sure I could elaborate. But I think the matter isI could write a massively eloquent review about this game like I usually do with others, but I'm not in the mood so I will say this: The first time I played it when it came out, it blew my expectations away and I completed it 100% in a week. But I tried replaying it the other day and I almost wanted to kill myself, it's very strange and I'm sure I could elaborate. But I think the matter is that this game doesn't have much replay value, which is surprising for a Zelda game. Maybe it's all the wolf parts or the unusual Ocarina of Time butt-kissing, but it's something strange and I never plan on playing this game again. But I will be fair because I remember the first time playing it was like playing Ocarina of Time for the first time. And that will stay with me for a long time. Expand
  32. Dec 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great atmosphere and artistic style
    + Good dungeon design
    + Most well-made character-driven story in Zelda still.

- Easy all-around, and boss battles are consistently let-downs for anyone who's beaten Ocarina of Time or like.
    - The size of the world doesn't balance out very well with the content it holds. It lacks life and is generally poorly realised
    - The final bossfight is a huge let-down. It feels downright mediocre and tacked-on.
    - The story falls apart towards the last section, and the payoff could've been a lot better.

Overall, this is still a very memorable Zelda game, but even after my first playthrough when I was only 12 years old, I was disappointed at the final section of the game and I did notice how simplistic and downright cakewalks the boss-battles were, particularly the second and third ones. The final boss just felt hamfisted and honestly I don't know if Nintendo were rushed or just didn't feel the fire for it. It was a huge missed opportunity and it highly diminished another "antagonist's" role in the game.

8/10: A very good game in its own right, but maybe not a very good Zelda game.
  33. Jun 5, 2014
    A darker Legend of Zelda game that I didn't expect to enjoy as much as the others, but I did. I doubt I will ever be disappointed with a LoZ game. It might be one of the few ones I wouldn't recommend to young children though, it can be pretty scary at points. I loved it.
  34. SamP.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Will people stop comparing this to Ocarina Of Time? Having said that, I've enjoyed this game better than OOT. Not as great as Majora's Mask, but certainly worth your money. Shame that it has little replay value, but for the first play through it is a fantastic game.
  35. JeffZ.
    Dec 4, 2007
    One of the most detailed, artisically superior games ever created. A little on the easy side, but a fantastic launch game.
  36. AlexT.
    Jan 26, 2007
    Beautiful. Awesome. Gigantic. The next Zelda had better be very different because this one truly perfected the old formula.
  37. ChrisP.
    Feb 5, 2007
    As I was nearing the end of this game I was debating with myself whether the problems were significant enough to mark it down to a nine instead of a ten. There are many moments when it really feels like a ten out of ten game. In fact, certain moments feel like the best game you've ever played. However, in the end I decided that I had to acknowledge the flaws, however much my heart As I was nearing the end of this game I was debating with myself whether the problems were significant enough to mark it down to a nine instead of a ten. There are many moments when it really feels like a ten out of ten game. In fact, certain moments feel like the best game you've ever played. However, in the end I decided that I had to acknowledge the flaws, however much my heart wanted to ignore them. I had more camera problems in this than in previous 3D Zelda games. Not loads, but when they happened they were very annoying. A lot of side quests and diversions reward you with money, which is pretty useless in this game as there's little to buy. There are some parts where it feels like you are forced to go backwards and forwards on a fetch-and-carry quest simply to extend the game's (already more than long enough) play time. The difficulty is pitched as low as I can remember in any Zelda game, it's really quite easy, but because it is very long it sometimes feels like an endurance test more than a skill test. And for most of the game there's a feeling of "Oh, that bit's nearly as good as [some previous Zelda game]." The music is great but not quite Zelda at its best. The dungeons are great but not quite Zelda at its best. The environments are great but not quite Zelda at its best. The side quests are great but not quite Zelda at its best. There's a feeling hanging over the whole game that most aspects are just one step behind whichever Zelda game realised that aspect the best. So, it's not the best Zelda game ever. It is, however, a phenomenal game by any normal measure. The graphics... oh, the graphics... I can't believe that some people are criticizing it as being "not next-gen enough". The fact is that Wii is not "next-gen", it's a GameCube with more memory. This game is proof that that is enough. It has more beauty in one frame of cut-scene than most games ever achieve in their whole lifetime. The art design is simply stunning and the game looks absolutely gorgeous almost all of the time. The boss and set-piece design are also amazing. It has the best selection of bosses I can remember for a long time, often huge and very dramatic as bosses should be. None of them are particularly hard but they are so varied and interesting they are well worth the time it takes to reach them. This game could teach Gears of War a few things about scale and variety. The controls also work well. There are moments of frustration but generally everything feels natural. Combat works really well, apart from one or two of the "hidden skills" that you learn being a bit awkward. Long-range targeting no longer needs an artificial wobble because you have your own wavering hand to worry about - when you have to shoot an arrow through a wooden pole several hundred metres away you'll see what I mean. Overall then, it's fantastic. It's slightly short of being the best game in the series but that's like saying that Madonna of the Rocks is not Da Vinci's most interesting painting. Expand
  38. BenF.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Really Awesome. The game is extremely fun, There is tons of things you can do a yes, you will have a lot of fun with this game. Best game of 2006! Also one of the best games of all time.
  39. JesseS.
    Feb 7, 2007
    At first I was going to give Zelda:TP a 9, because it's not perfect. And it isn't perfect (but then, what is). There are minor problems here and there with cameras and collision and shadows. Nothing major. Nothing that prevents you from doing what you want to do. It seemed a bit easy at times (we never failed at a boss fight, and rarely had to use a fairy in a bottle). But too At first I was going to give Zelda:TP a 9, because it's not perfect. And it isn't perfect (but then, what is). There are minor problems here and there with cameras and collision and shadows. Nothing major. Nothing that prevents you from doing what you want to do. It seemed a bit easy at times (we never failed at a boss fight, and rarely had to use a fairy in a bottle). But too easy is better than too hard (personally, I thought OOT was a too hard, TP a bit too easy, and WW just about right). So instead, I asked myself if there was a game I had enjoyed more. The answer is no, so I give it a 10. Expand
  40. RobG.
    Mar 10, 2007
    I agree with most people that this is an awesome game, well at least it's the best on the Wii. My only gripe is that the graphics are so clearly design for the Gamecube that its painful for me to give this a high score. I'm sure the next Zelda will make up for this ones lack of graphical prowess.
  41. AnonymousMC
    Mar 2, 2007
    AN absolutely brilliant game. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is incredible, and I love the new combat styles...there's actual combat styles. It is comparable with Ocarina of Time, though I would say it OoT is slightly better strictly because of the story. The story of The Twilight Princess is epic, but it's not classic like Oot's. Great game though, highlyAN absolutely brilliant game. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is incredible, and I love the new combat styles...there's actual combat styles. It is comparable with Ocarina of Time, though I would say it OoT is slightly better strictly because of the story. The story of The Twilight Princess is epic, but it's not classic like Oot's. Great game though, highly recommended, worthy of the Zelda title. Expand
  42. BenjaminB.
    Mar 22, 2007
    If you come along with the control scheme (it took me an hour), it is a great gaming experience. In comparison to WW and especially OOT (beneath RE4 the only game i would give a 10) there is a huge lack of freedom, which I really missed. Nevertheless it is a masterpiece and a must-buy for wii-players.
  43. Mariatrhgfhgfh
    May 12, 2007
    Im giving it a ten so far ive been playing ive al ready been playing for like 8hours and im only at the part where the dungon thing is with the kids, kidnapt and the monkeys trying to guide me to save her frends, i cant win! im stuck i need help! i used all of my sling shot things and now i cant move on so someone just PM me or somethin if you know what to do >Hypnotized3@yahoo.com
  44. HarveyD.
    May 20, 2007
    There is always somethings about a Zelda game that evolves gaming. Not just a revolution by the standards of a wiimote (the GC is just as good) but the mere fact that it makes you feel like you are playing videogames for the first time again. It's reminiscent of what a great game should always accomplish. Invoking not only a connection but memories of bliss. Hmm... I'm not sure There is always somethings about a Zelda game that evolves gaming. Not just a revolution by the standards of a wiimote (the GC is just as good) but the mere fact that it makes you feel like you are playing videogames for the first time again. It's reminiscent of what a great game should always accomplish. Invoking not only a connection but memories of bliss. Hmm... I'm not sure but if you ask me there can't ever be sufficient words to describe such an experience. Merely a grand string of actions and emotions carried by this masterpiece. There is nothing anochronistic about this games release with comparison to any and every other game, and certainly not polemical in the slightest. Hands down, the definition of gaming. Expand
  45. JonT.
    Jun 17, 2007
    Amazing atmosphere and REWARDING, MEMORABLE BOSS FIGHTS. rest of game is too easy though considering there are almost limitless health and money everywhere.
  46. AdamO.
    Aug 31, 2007
    This game reinvents the Zelda franchise with awesome new items and amazing motion-based controls. It's artistic design is some of the best I've seen since Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, and it more than makes up for any technical problems. The music may not all be orchestrated, but it's brilliantly nostalgic nonetheless. The dungeons are some of the best in gaming This game reinvents the Zelda franchise with awesome new items and amazing motion-based controls. It's artistic design is some of the best I've seen since Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, and it more than makes up for any technical problems. The music may not all be orchestrated, but it's brilliantly nostalgic nonetheless. The dungeons are some of the best in gaming history, not just the franchise. The latest entry in Nintendo's triple-A franchise may be the best one. Expand
  47. JoshR.
    Aug 8, 2007
    The best game ever by far. Simply stunning. Long quest, brilliant music and beautiful environments.
  48. RobertD.
    Sep 28, 2007
    The amount of things to do in this game is just insane. The dungeons are really top notch, espeacially City in The Sky, Arbiter Grounds and Snowpeak Ruins. this is basically one of the best games ever created and the best zelda game in years.
  49. ColinC.
    Sep 5, 2007
    Nine months after it came out, I finally picked it up. I loved this game and so did my wife. Prior to this Zelda, my favorite was the N64 classic. But in my humble opinion, this one's got it beat. Huge variety, huge world, huge fun. If you love Zelda games, you'll love this one. Here's hoping Phantom Hourglass is as good.
  50. eeganrac
    Dec 19, 2008
    I love zelda games, and this is a fantastic zelda game. the only issue i, or anybody may have is that the bosses are a tad bit too easy. i believe the reason for this is because of the wiimote itself. it is new technology, if they made it too difficult people would just throw there hands up and shut the game off. bottom line, if you like zelda games you will like this game!
  51. JoshS.
    May 23, 2008
    This game is amazing. It's not too hard and not too easy and it always delivers in fun.
  52. BarnyR.
    Jun 1, 2008
    this game is insanely good and ive played(and completed) every zelda game out its a good blend of an amazing zelda story line and some good graphics. although every one was expecting link to do what ever you do we can only hope thats what they do in the next zelda adventure.
  53. fruitloop
    Jun 21, 2008
    This game is the best game i've ever played, the graphics are good and the sound is good. kind of a weird story line, but i still like it. of course, since I'm to zelda and link, this game is off the top of my list.
  54. AntonB.
    Jun 9, 2008
    It's Zelda all right. There's nothing seriously wrong with the game, which makes me look at everything there could have been to make it even better. Well, one thing is the camera. It's not bad and doesn't really cause any problems, but the fact that there's no other way to manipulate the angle than to go first person or reset it to show Link's back is It's Zelda all right. There's nothing seriously wrong with the game, which makes me look at everything there could have been to make it even better. Well, one thing is the camera. It's not bad and doesn't really cause any problems, but the fact that there's no other way to manipulate the angle than to go first person or reset it to show Link's back is annoying, especially when it can be done on the GameCube, but not on the Wii version. Aiming firing items with the Wii Remote is neat, as well as being able to aim with the fairy even before using the item. Controlling the sword by swinging the remote, on the other hand, isn't really any more fun than pressing a button, since the swing itself doesn't have anything to do with how link swings his sword. Besides, it can be done accidentally, occasionally resulting in an annoying extra slash at the end of a thrust series. The world is pretty empty. There aren't many memorable characters to meet or quests to complete aside from the main one. Gathering the Poes isn't fun and the prize is absolutely not worth it. Rupees fill up awfully quickly, hearts run out awfully slowly. There is the Magical Armor to help get rid of those Rupees, but that really only makes the game much, much easier again. Please don't kill me, but I absolutely can't see how anyone could give this game ten out of ten. It's not a bad game, by all means no! But it's not perfect either, and it's ridiculous to keep saying it is. I was pondering the rating for quite a long while, and I think I'll drop it to 8. It won't really make a difference, so no matter, right? Expand
  55. LeninW.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Perfect. Simply Perfect.
  56. Ian
    Sep 9, 2009
    I totally agree with Megan's first statement. Everyone is overrating this game because they want it to be a better Zelda game than it was. Don't get me wrong: It was a good game. It just wasn't a GREAT game. It borrowed so many things from Ocarina of Time that it crossed the fine line between homage and repetition. The motion controls for aiming the bow and clawshot were I totally agree with Megan's first statement. Everyone is overrating this game because they want it to be a better Zelda game than it was. Don't get me wrong: It was a good game. It just wasn't a GREAT game. It borrowed so many things from Ocarina of Time that it crossed the fine line between homage and repetition. The motion controls for aiming the bow and clawshot were great, but swinging the sword has never felt so unsatisfying. All the bosses lacked the epic feeling of OoTs encounters. The developers saw fit to add size instead of strength to these vast enemies, instead of making them fun or challenging. There are quite a few redeeming qualities of this game that make it good and worth a purchase. The swordfighting on horseback is very fun, and simply riding the horse is fun, too. The dungeons are extremely well detailed and constructed, all of them excellently conveying their elemental themes. The graphics are a vast improvement over OoT, the game this one desperately wants to be. The ultimate reason to purchase this game, however, is the most climactic and satisfying final boss sequence I've ever played. I won't spoil it except to say it is everything you would ever want in Legend of Zelda final showdown. Overall, a good outing for LoZ on the Wii. Let's make the next installment a GREAT one. Expand
  57. NateB
    Nov 20, 2006
    To anyone who wanted a sequel or follow up to Ocarina, here is your game. While not perfect, it certainly is a lot of fun. I took a point off because of the use of MIDI (as opposed to an orchestrated soudntrack), a few annoyances like hearing that tingle everytime you move the Wiimote, filler (is it really necessary that I have to find some lady's cat so I can progress in the game?) To anyone who wanted a sequel or follow up to Ocarina, here is your game. While not perfect, it certainly is a lot of fun. I took a point off because of the use of MIDI (as opposed to an orchestrated soudntrack), a few annoyances like hearing that tingle everytime you move the Wiimote, filler (is it really necessary that I have to find some lady's cat so I can progress in the game?) and the fact the controls aren't as good or intuitive as they should be. The art direction and story are perhaps the best the series has seen yet. Expand
  58. IiroJ.
    Nov 20, 2006
    The game is extremely pleasurable to play and all the movement feels so natural. Its allso biggest zelda I ever played.
  59. HilaryB.
    Nov 26, 2006
    The most amazing game I have ever played! A true masterpiece that is THE reason to get a Nintendo Wii!
  60. JermiahB.
    Nov 26, 2006
    Flawless game. Best game of all time.
  61. IfanW.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Truly fantastic. I never thought anything would remove Ocarina of time off the top of my gaming list of greatness, but here is the game to do just that. A fantastic achievment. The best game ever. Period.
  62. MikeC.
    Dec 14, 2006
    All 3 of EGM's reviewers game this game a 10, RE4, Gears, God Of War and Halo 1 and 2 havn't even recieved that honor. Absolutly an amazing game, one of the best of all
  63. AndrewJ.
    Dec 2, 2006
    The best game I've ever played. No contest. The distillation and enhancement of everything you've come to know and love from previous Zelda games. Not to mention that this game has the best art direction that I've seen in any game. The art direction is easily on par with Tim Burton's best work. Since 600,000 Wii's have been sold in the first week with only 450,000 The best game I've ever played. No contest. The distillation and enhancement of everything you've come to know and love from previous Zelda games. Not to mention that this game has the best art direction that I've seen in any game. The art direction is easily on par with Tim Burton's best work. Since 600,000 Wii's have been sold in the first week with only 450,000 copies of Zelda sold, there are 150,000 of you out there who NEED to get this game. Sure purchasing this game with your Wii isn't required by law, but it sure should be. Expand
  64. GanonS.
    Dec 26, 2006
    Twilight Princess is the best game in the entire cosmos. It has great graphics, and the controls are out of this world. If you disagree, me and my hawkeye-bow combo will be waiting to kick your.
  65. BrockJ.
    Dec 3, 2006
    A dazzling game. smooth controls and so far a great story line. Graphics are a repackaged gamecube but a true gamer looks for substance... not graphics. Much smoother than any of it's predecessors but a true homage to both Windwaker and Ocarina.
  66. ErlandK.
    Dec 9, 2006
    While the Wii's unique control scheme doesn't particularly benefit Twilight Princess, it certainly doesn't detract, either. Probably the best launch title since Super Mario World--maybe ever.
  67. SeanT.
    Nov 12, 2007
    I have never had so much fun playing an adventure game in my life. The control scheme on the wii makes this game spectacular. This is the only game that I played all the way through and never became bored or really even frustrated. I would say it is not nearly as challenging as Ocarina of Time , but feels far more massive and epic. It's my second favorite game next to Super Mario I have never had so much fun playing an adventure game in my life. The control scheme on the wii makes this game spectacular. This is the only game that I played all the way through and never became bored or really even frustrated. I would say it is not nearly as challenging as Ocarina of Time , but feels far more massive and epic. It's my second favorite game next to Super Mario RPG: Ledend of the Seven Stars on the SNES. Expand
  68. MichaelB.
    Nov 14, 2007
    A truly fantastic game. With an epic quest, immense landscapes, and practically flawless dungeon design, Twilight Princess delivers. You know a game is good when you can have fun just exploring or riding around. So many jaw-dropping moments, from the horseback battles, to riding rails on a giant spinner, and walking on magnetic walls. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is quite A truly fantastic game. With an epic quest, immense landscapes, and practically flawless dungeon design, Twilight Princess delivers. You know a game is good when you can have fun just exploring or riding around. So many jaw-dropping moments, from the horseback battles, to riding rails on a giant spinner, and walking on magnetic walls. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. Expand
  69. Daniel
    Jan 1, 2007
    Awesome. Completely awesome! You cannot criticize anything about. Everything is just Classic Nintendo!
  70. ZackH.
    Nov 4, 2007
    I loved the game and I wuz playin it fur like 4 hours a day. The game had a slow start but it gets a lot better towards the end. To beat the game you would need a guide to help you as you play which I found out about in the middle. The boss battles could be a bit harder too like the battle against Ganandorf which I beat in about 5 minutes. It is the best Zelda game yet.
  71. RomanC.
    Dec 15, 2007
    An other legend... what a pleasure to put for the first time the dvd in the console! What a pleasure to play this game! A very bad point for this game: the difficulty. The game is too easy!
  72. TahuN.
    Jan 20, 2007
    The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess for Wii is very fun. The fighting is very good. There was a big hype for this game. Good tihng that the hype was for a good game. This title is a must-buy for your Wii library of games.
  73. RyanM.
    Jan 22, 2007
    I think ths game is the best game out for the Wii. I game not get past the excellent graphics and gameplay. This adds new life to an already great franchise.
  74. StevenM.
    Jan 27, 2007
    Amazing game. The only thing holding it down is the Wii's sub par hardware. I couldn't imagine how beautiful this game would've been if the Wii had the same power as a 360 or PS3. Of course thie gameplay is top-notch and the story is totally engrossing. If you buy a Wii, this is the one game you absolutely must own with it.
  75. Gamer65
    Jan 6, 2007
    I absolutely loved this game. The graphics and sound quality was a little bit less then what I expected, but the actual game play was the best so for. Even though OOT was the best game, the new items make TLP even better. Not to mention the sweet sword moves. I would probably say this is the best Zelda game yet. Although I have not played on the Wii yet, it its still AWSOME!
  76. I.L.
    Jan 9, 2007
    I never thought I'd be fortunate enough to live to see a game that surpasses every bar set by previous games. You can talk about how great Master Cheif, Mario and Sonic all are, but Link is truly the king.
  77. LarsO.
    Feb 19, 2007
    I loved this game! I think it was a major improvement in certain parts over OoT. I think one of the bigger improvements was the fight w/ Ganon. It was harder and longer and much more satisfying. I thought that the temples were easy (not good).
  78. AnonAnon
    Mar 14, 2007
    This game got a 9 since it wasn't to great and you get bored of it very quickly and was to easy and ended to quick.
  79. Topher
    Mar 6, 2007
    This game is epic. After an admittedly slow start (I stopped playing it after 2 days), I got back into it, and played nearly nonstop until I beat it. This game is epic. The difficulty in fights could be ramped up, especially on the final boss fight, but other then that, this game is one of my favorites of all time.
  80. Sydney
    Mar 7, 2007
    This game was the best EVER! Link is so cute and the graphics and everything were amazing. Plus who could hate hearing that amazing music from the old Zelda? If I could rate this to infinity I wouldn't hesitate!
  81. AndresR.
    Apr 15, 2007
    I still haven't finished the game... Yet it keeps surprising me with new features... It's definitely the best game I've ever played!
  82. BenG.
    Apr 22, 2007
    One of the best Zelda games ever made. Better than OOT? No. But its still an awesome game.
  83. S.B.
    May 12, 2007
    I will try and add something new to the vast list of comments on this game. Overall, I find it's just a nice, easy-going fun game, and I don't think you will be dissapointed by it if you have some idea that you enjoy first person adventure games. If you are frustrated by overly fast and overly difficult games, then you should also look at Zelda as it is neither of these, The I will try and add something new to the vast list of comments on this game. Overall, I find it's just a nice, easy-going fun game, and I don't think you will be dissapointed by it if you have some idea that you enjoy first person adventure games. If you are frustrated by overly fast and overly difficult games, then you should also look at Zelda as it is neither of these, The overall enjoyment of this game is why I have rated it as an 8. I've marked it down though because it keeps giving you clues on how to solve the puzzles before it even gives you a chance to try and solve them. It would have been better if the clues came if and only if you seem to be stuck. This does not spoil the game too much though. In my mind it has great variety and consistent quality all the way through. It also is expansive, however I have not completed it yet. It's a good enough game that I have no doubt that I will complete it. I'm in no hurry though - I'm enjoying plodding through it at an easy pace. Expand
  84. DanielD.
    May 30, 2007
    The best zelda game in 10 years! Its better than the 64 zelda game.... I haven't had my heart beat as fast as when i got to ganondorf in a long time
  85. KeetonJ.
    May 9, 2007
    It seems as if I waited for this game forever. And needless to say, I loved it. The controls may take a little getting used to, but that's less than a minor flaw. Hyrule is the biggest its been, and you can explore for hours after beating it! I just wish the bosses were a little harder.
  86. JoshC.
    Jul 12, 2007
    By far the best game i have ever played! It has a amazing plot and the controls feel completly natural!
  87. ScottW.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Huge, fun and very smartly done, and because of the wii controler the best version. If your a Zelda fane you can't leave this one out. You have not played a Zelda game before? Well if you have not, you are in for some of the best gameing around.
  88. JamesR.
    Sep 1, 2007
    I feel bad for giving this Zelda game a 7.5 when it should've gotten a 10, but I have to say that the game deserves it. There was so much potential in this game to be one of the best games ever but it doesn't. Being a zelda fan myself, I was very disappointed when I found out the game wasn't as great as everyone was saying it was. The game IS good, but it doesn't make I feel bad for giving this Zelda game a 7.5 when it should've gotten a 10, but I have to say that the game deserves it. There was so much potential in this game to be one of the best games ever but it doesn't. Being a zelda fan myself, I was very disappointed when I found out the game wasn't as great as everyone was saying it was. The game IS good, but it doesn't make the big leap like past zelda games have been able to do. If your expecting something legendary and revolutional, like the Ocarina of Time or Link to Past, don't buy it. Because you will be disappointed like I was. If your expecting a decent slashing game with good puzzle-solving temples and a long game time, buy it. If you want an awesome kick-ass revolutionary Zelda game, get Ocarina of Time for the Wii instead, if you haven't played it yet. That game will blow your mind, like it did to me when I first played it. Expand
  89. KalilK.
    Sep 15, 2007
    Didn't enjoy as much as Ocraina of Time and was much easier to complete.
  90. StuartP.
    Sep 24, 2007
    The Ocarina of time has been for me the best game I have played, or until I played the new Zelda for the Wii. At first I was not convinced the latest incarnation was a revolution- I was right it's not much different from previous Zelda games. But as you progress there are moments of pure gaming genius, which create a sense of excitment not found in the other games. After finishing The Ocarina of time has been for me the best game I have played, or until I played the new Zelda for the Wii. At first I was not convinced the latest incarnation was a revolution- I was right it's not much different from previous Zelda games. But as you progress there are moments of pure gaming genius, which create a sense of excitment not found in the other games. After finishing the latest incarnation, I am sure that now I have played the greatest incarnation of the Zelda seris to date, I look forward to see how or if they can improve the series. Expand
  91. JamesLandrum
    Feb 13, 2008
    It's a Zelda game, thus it's bound to be great, but it just seems to have pulled back from that just a tad bit. It was an EXCELLENT game with EXCELLENT game play, but it just didn't seem to have the replay value that surpasses many of the previous releases, and as most people know, the replay value is one of the many factors, but a major factor, that makes the Zelda seriesIt's a Zelda game, thus it's bound to be great, but it just seems to have pulled back from that just a tad bit. It was an EXCELLENT game with EXCELLENT game play, but it just didn't seem to have the replay value that surpasses many of the previous releases, and as most people know, the replay value is one of the many factors, but a major factor, that makes the Zelda series so astounding. Wasn't expecting to trade it in, but 2-3 weeks later, it was off my shelf. Expand
  92. Niyazia
    Apr 14, 2008
    Being a Zelda fan, i was slightly disappointed with this, some of the bosses were copied from ocarina of time and everything was too easy, and lacked creativity as you were forced to do the same predictable things over and over again. however, it did introduce some new features for example turning into a wolf and new ways of completing dungeons. all in all a good game but compared to Being a Zelda fan, i was slightly disappointed with this, some of the bosses were copied from ocarina of time and everything was too easy, and lacked creativity as you were forced to do the same predictable things over and over again. however, it did introduce some new features for example turning into a wolf and new ways of completing dungeons. all in all a good game but compared to other Zelda games, a slight disappointment. Expand
  93. EduardoR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    After 100 hours of pure joy (the game can be beaten in 60, but,... why hurry?), I can only say it felt just perfect. The best Wii title so far, the best Zelda title so far. That´s it. 10/10. And, yes, it IS better than Ocarina of Time.
  94. SimonH.
    May 25, 2008
    What a great game! The control system works really well and really justifies the purchase of a Wii. If only there was a spoken dialogue throughout rather than the story being written on screen then I'd have given this a 10/10.
  95. Josh
    Jul 8, 2008
    This game is great it draws you in to where you cant set down the remote. It has great visuals, great dungeons, and a wonderful story. The only negatives are that the game at heart is really a Gamecube game and the wolf part seems completly random.
  96. seungp
    Oct 11, 2009
    Twilight Princess is a mixed success. Don't read this if you don't want spoilers. Just know that it is a good game that deserves the rating of 8. While the gameplay is fun (in most parts), the presentation and the story of the game lacks so much, compared to, let's say, Wind Waker. The scale of the story is epic, but the events that happen in the game do not make sense atTwilight Princess is a mixed success. Don't read this if you don't want spoilers. Just know that it is a good game that deserves the rating of 8. While the gameplay is fun (in most parts), the presentation and the story of the game lacks so much, compared to, let's say, Wind Waker. The scale of the story is epic, but the events that happen in the game do not make sense at all, as if developers forced to to fit in many smaller stories into one tale in order to add in more game time. For an example, all of a sudden you're given the task to take a sword to the Hyrule castle, when suddenly monsters from another dimension come and kidnap the village kids and knock out Link. Yeah ok. This is a likely turn of events...not. When Link wakes up, he is turned into a wolf (that is sufficiently explained later), and you are told that the world is now covered in twilight. Funny thing is, this all happened in matter of days. It would have been more believable if there were some structure to events that happen in this game.

Changing from human form to wolf form adds another dimension to this game. A lot of levels are designed so that you have to solve problems in two completely different ways to proceed, one way when you are human and another when you are wolf. While this is executed fairly well and not a drag at all, it conflicts with the flow of the story, and besides, you will sooner or later realize all you are doing is digging or using Midna to jump. Creativity seems like a big issue for Nintendo these days.

Some temples are a drag. Water temple was especially boring. Fire temple utilizes iron boots so that you can stick to magnetic surface, (i.e. ceilings and walls), and when the entire temple demands the use of these boots that make you walk really slow, I tend to get impatient. Desert temple was my favorite. It really uses both wolf form and human form to full extent, and the mini tasks you are given in it are a fun way to proceed in a temple.

Twilight Princess features one of the most remarkable video game characters ever. Yes, Midna is a mischievious creature that turns out to be the Twilight Princess. Her role as Link's guide worked well and gave the game what the small organization it had. Malo the baby boy is also memorable. However, there is not enough interaction between Link and other characters. Most of people in Hyrule city you can't even talk to. They are just background objects basically.

Overall, I feel the quality of the game goes up a notch as the game proceeds, so I believe its makers eventually got the formula down after some trials and errors in the beginning. I just don't understand the awkward story in the beginning, why couldn't they go back and fix it? After all, they re-rendered the entire twilight dimension during development phrase... a little tweak would have made this game great. As it is now, it deserves an 8, and is worth your time most likely.
  97. MathewM
    Dec 14, 2009
    This is a great game to play. The controls and graphics are great even thought it's a Gamecube port. It doesn't matter if you have a Gamecube or Wii, but you have to play this game if you own either. If you don't play this game, then I pity you, and your children. Play this game.
  98. MasterT
    Oct 22, 2009
    I agree that this is a good game, maybe even great, but it just feels like the formula is getting a little stale. Maybe I got a little too juiced up with all the "next Ocarina" hype, but the game felt like a letdown to me, despite the fact that I'm giving it a 9. I don't feel like I can give it anything less, but it's kind of a deflated, exasperated 9, more, like an 8.7. I agree that this is a good game, maybe even great, but it just feels like the formula is getting a little stale. Maybe I got a little too juiced up with all the "next Ocarina" hype, but the game felt like a letdown to me, despite the fact that I'm giving it a 9. I don't feel like I can give it anything less, but it's kind of a deflated, exasperated 9, more, like an 8.7. Maybe I'm just growing tired of Zelda. Expand
  99. MichaelB
    May 27, 2009
    My first Zelda game, must say it was the best game i have ever played, subsequently bought the much revered 'Ocarina of Time' and thought it didn't stand a patch on TP. It is very easy to familirise yourself with the characters and I found a soft spot in Colin, personally. Gameplay is both challenging and exciting. My favourite point about this game must be the soundtrack, My first Zelda game, must say it was the best game i have ever played, subsequently bought the much revered 'Ocarina of Time' and thought it didn't stand a patch on TP. It is very easy to familirise yourself with the characters and I found a soft spot in Colin, personally. Gameplay is both challenging and exciting. My favourite point about this game must be the soundtrack, I have never heard greater music for a video game and would instantly buy a soundtrack CD if it were released. The music is produced by full orchestra and sounds glourious both in and out of the game. The iconic Hyrule Field theme tops the list, being its greatest auditory asset. The graphics are also slick enough to enjoy fully but, graphics aren't everything... A great game, Nintendo may well have set a standard it will be hard put to beat in its next release. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

An excellent addition (and homage to "Ocarina") to the franchise, and you'll have an enormous amount of fun playing it from start to finish. Get over the fact that the Wii's hardware is simply not as powerful as the other next-gen machines and get into the fact that Twilight Princess is one of the best games you'll play this year.
  2. It truly is, in my opinion, the best and longest Zelda ever made. With nearly 70 hours of playtime committed and more still to do, I cant think of a better experience or value this holiday season.
    Truly fantastic. It's not a reinvention of the genre like Ocarina was -- but it's much better, because it takes all its predecessors' raw ideas, perfects them, and creates an experience that's at once new and familiar. It's rare to find a launch game that truly justifies the purchase of a new console, but this is precisely that.