9.0

1. Jun 5, 2014
    A darker Legend of Zelda game that I didn't expect to enjoy as much as the others, but I did. I doubt I will ever be disappointed with a LoZ game. It might be one of the few ones I wouldn't recommend to young children though, it can be pretty scary at points. I loved it.
  2. Apr 13, 2015
    Decided to do another play through after completing Majora's Mask 3D and I forgot exactly how brilliant this game is. The story is emotional, the art style is perfect, the characters are intriguing. The controls are smooth and comfortable and not to the point of overkill (I'm looking at you, Skyward Sword). After playing through again, I'm convinced that this game, along side of Majora'sDecided to do another play through after completing Majora's Mask 3D and I forgot exactly how brilliant this game is. The story is emotional, the art style is perfect, the characters are intriguing. The controls are smooth and comfortable and not to the point of overkill (I'm looking at you, Skyward Sword). After playing through again, I'm convinced that this game, along side of Majora's Mask are my top 2 favorites of the Zelda series. Warning: this game is extremely addictive. Expand
  3. Jun 19, 2014
    Twilight Princess has the richest overworld in the Zelda franchise while still managing to have interesting characters and fantastically crafted dungeons. The art style is beautiful and immersive, and the fresh ideas the game introduces are outstanding.
  4. Sep 25, 2014
    "Twilight Princess" is one of my favorite Legend of Zelda video games. The story is the best part of the game; it's engrossing, dark, interesting, and quite deep. The graphics look great, the dungeons are extremely well designed, and the world is very huge and expansive, leaving a lot to explore. Some negative points are that the items are very rarely used after the dungeon you find them"Twilight Princess" is one of my favorite Legend of Zelda video games. The story is the best part of the game; it's engrossing, dark, interesting, and quite deep. The graphics look great, the dungeons are extremely well designed, and the world is very huge and expansive, leaving a lot to explore. Some negative points are that the items are very rarely used after the dungeon you find them in is completed, and it is overall a very easy game. Despite those flaws, it's one of the best Zelda games and one of the best Wii games. Expand
  5. Oct 13, 2014
    An awesome, lengthy game with a great story and good characters. There are tons of dungeons for you to discover and this game never becomes tedious. The bosses are pretty epic, there are several sidequests that you can attempt to complete, such as fishing, Poe hunting or bug collecting. The world is quite huge and is varied enough so as not to feel boring. The whole game has a dark toneAn awesome, lengthy game with a great story and good characters. There are tons of dungeons for you to discover and this game never becomes tedious. The bosses are pretty epic, there are several sidequests that you can attempt to complete, such as fishing, Poe hunting or bug collecting. The world is quite huge and is varied enough so as not to feel boring. The whole game has a dark tone that is nice to see in a Zelda game. Also, Midna is easily the best companion. You have to play this game! Expand
  6. Nov 20, 2014
    Almost pure perfection
    This game if they invested a little bit of replay value and some extra characters could not just have been great with its story, plot combat and unforgettable characters it could have been extraordinary and get pure fantastic acclaim.
    Almost pure perfection
    This game is one of the true Zelda masterpieces and I have not given it the recognition it deserves it is completely misrepresented by both me and Hyrule Warriors and I need to get a run that's at least partially worthy of it I know it will take plenty of effort but there are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going
  7. Nov 29, 2014
    I love this game,this was one of the first if not, the first zelda game I played and no other zelda game has matched the beauty that this game is.This game was brilliant when I first played and when I came back to it recently,I still love it which shows that old games can be still fun.As a WII game,the controls are, at first,quite clunky but I can forgive since to me, the Wii haas alwaysI love this game,this was one of the first if not, the first zelda game I played and no other zelda game has matched the beauty that this game is.This game was brilliant when I first played and when I came back to it recently,I still love it which shows that old games can be still fun.As a WII game,the controls are, at first,quite clunky but I can forgive since to me, the Wii haas always been a bit clunky but you will get used to it Expand
  8. Dec 16, 2014
    Awesome game. Possibly one of my favourite games ever.
    So much to do in the game, it's wonderful, truly wonderful. Feels like a real, living world. Wish there were more games of this solid quality around.
  9. Jan 21, 2015
    I don't know why i just beat the game. I should've played it awhile ago but anyway this game is great. The art style is def my favorite out of all zelda games. This game had very good gameplay which i thought the sword and the wii motion sensor wouldn't do well but i was wrong. twilight Link and epona are my favorite because they look like how the hero and his noble steed should look;I don't know why i just beat the game. I should've played it awhile ago but anyway this game is great. The art style is def my favorite out of all zelda games. This game had very good gameplay which i thought the sword and the wii motion sensor wouldn't do well but i was wrong. twilight Link and epona are my favorite because they look like how the hero and his noble steed should look; Strong, cut, and well matured. Twilight had a huge map and a lot of exploration. Although it did not have many side missions the main story was very long so you didn't have to worry about it being short. The amount of cool weapons and strength link had in this game you couldn't argue that he is not the strongest link out of the whole series (besides majors mask link aka the hero of time kid link) The bosses in this game were fun and the dungeons were so creative. This is just another great Zelda game to add on to the franchise Expand
  10. Jan 30, 2015
    Finding a title as good as this, that has this much depth, characterization, stuff to do, unexpected delights and sheer FUN is what makes being a gamer worthwhile.

It's awesome, so just buy it. The only downside is that most of your other games are going to look terrible in comparison. Seriously.
  11. Feb 3, 2015
    Amazing game, full of life and stuff to do. Look at this, and then the rest of the stuff in your collection and weep.
    All gamers and designers should be forced to play this game...
  12. Feb 3, 2015
    This won't be a long review!
    Here you have classic Zelda. The graphics are really atmospheric, and the story and characters are great.
    The whole thing is really immersive, the sound treatment is awesome. Just buy it.
    Wish more games were as much fun and just plain damn good as this.
  13. Feb 9, 2015
    Yeah, really good game.
    Graphics are superb considering the limitations of the WII.
    So much to do here, you can while away hours just fishing for the hell of it if you want.
    Sound's good too.
    A little darker in places than some other WII games. but nothing wrong with that!
    If you've got a WII, buy it!
  14. Feb 12, 2015
    Picked this up a while back, and had an absolute blast with it.
    Recommended without hesitation to anyone.
    No previous knowledge of Zelda games required either.
    A solid buy.
  15. Nov 30, 2015
    gostei muito desse jogo, o segundo melhor jogo da série zelda ficando atrás apenas do skyward sword, esse jogo é incrível, tem uma ótima história, tem os gráficos mais realistas que eu já vi em um jogo da série, boa jogabilidade pra época, ótima trilha sonora, tudo saiu bem, me diverti muito com esse jogo, recomendo a pessoas que gostam de jogos de aventura com segredos.
  16. Nov 8, 2015
    One of the best games on Nintendo Wii, and greatest launch title Nintendo as ever produced.
    World is quite similar to Ocarina of Time, expansive and glamorous.
    Art style is excellent too, some kind of gothic fantastic art style with stunning graphics for its age Story is decent, but come on, Zelda never did appeal for it, Zelda appeal is for gameplay (here gameplay is better than ever)
    World is quite similar to Ocarina of Time, expansive and glamorous.
    Story is decent, but come on, Zelda never did appeal for it, Zelda appeal is for gameplay (here gameplay is better than ever) and dungeons (best dungeons in 3D Zelda are here,too)
    Only thing i did not like was difficulty.
    This game was extremely easy. I would say it was too easy I only died on the final boss.
    Anyway, this game is the best expression of classic Zelda since Ocarina of Time, and a must have for any Wii owners
  17. Jul 5, 2015
    Not only is Twilight Princess arguably the best Zelda game, but also the best Wii. While the controls are not perfect and the over-world lacks the flair of some of the other Zelda games, the characters (especially Midna), story, and look of Twilight Princess is what makes this game so memorable. While many seem to compare both TP and Ocarina of Time (another amazing Zelda game), they, toNot only is Twilight Princess arguably the best Zelda game, but also the best Wii. While the controls are not perfect and the over-world lacks the flair of some of the other Zelda games, the characters (especially Midna), story, and look of Twilight Princess is what makes this game so memorable. While many seem to compare both TP and Ocarina of Time (another amazing Zelda game), they, to me, are pretty different. The characters feel more developed in TP and while I feel that OOT has better dungeons overall, some of TP's dungeons surpass some of OOT's. The music is beautiful, the art style is still impressive to this day, and, overall, this game is brilliant and easily one of my favorite games of all time. Expand
  18. Sep 1, 2015
    I love the dark tone of this game. Even though it shows it's age due to it being a Wii game, it doesn't bother me one bit. I think that (just like Ocarina of Time) Twilight Princess is one of those games that video gamers should play through at least once.
  19. Sep 30, 2015
    awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesome
  20. Nov 4, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a game that both Nintendo Fans and non-Nintendo Fans will enjoy. This is easily, my favourite game in the entire franchise of the Legend of Zelda. Let's break it down, shall we?

A: Music/Sounds Easily the best in the Legend of Zelda franchise, and they are quite notorious for their amazing music. The sounds are also great, but it is the pure

A: Music/Sounds

Easily the best in the Legend of Zelda franchise, and they are quite notorious for their amazing music. The sounds are also great, but it is the pure stunning music that really shines in the spotlight. If you have even listened to a fraction of atleast one of their soundtracks, then you will know what I am talking about. The music goes perfectly with the scenario, with sounds to top it off. You can really hear that sword being swung, literally. The music helps you to immerse yourself in the massive Twilight Princess lore.

10/10 WITH my Thumbs Up of Approval

B: Graphics

As this game was ported over from the Gamecube, the graphics are not as good as they could have been. BUT, the amazing amount of detail on each of the characters, however, is a totally different story. Every character has been amazingly well designed. Especially Link and Midna. Have you even seen Ganondorf? The amount of detail on his armour is outstanding. I had no idea that the Gamecube could have such amazing graphics! Unfortunately, the landscape in the game is noticeably... not perfect. But, once you start playing the game you will easily forget about it.

C: Gameplay

You know, you don't know how many times I have heard people say that the Gamecube version of this game is better, as it has the Gamecube Controller as a remote. They also say that the Wii-Remote is not very good with the game. That, my friends, is a total lie. The game's gameplay is amazing. The fluent movement of the enemies, matching with you in REAL LIFE swinging your virtual sword to strike them down. The camera angle can get a little finicky at times, but I can easily forgive that.

D: Story

Oh my lord, this is where the game truly stands out. You start out as a farmboy in a small town. Until one day, you accidentally get taken and held prisoner in a different realm. A little imp lady named Midna helps you escape, after Link realises that he has infact transformed into a wolf. I won't get into any more than that, to stop you from getting any spoilers. Let me tell you now that the Story is possibly the best in the franchise, and it almost brought me to tears at the end of the game.

10/10 WITH my Thumbs Up of Approval

That is everything that I needed to break down, now it is time for the overall rating. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a must own, for the Gamecube, Wii and Wii U. This is the definitive game for the Gamecube and the Wii. This is the highest rating I have ever given a game.

10/10 WITH my 2006 GOTY Award AND Gamecube/Wii Definitive Game Award
  21. Nov 11, 2015
    Let me just start by saying this. This game is truly a masterpiece. You may think I'm exaggerating, but the truth is that this game is one of the most immersive and addicting games I have ever played in my life. As a huge fan of previous Zelda titles, including the spectacular OoT and Majora's Mask, I'm proud to say that this series still remains one of the best. And for good reason.
    One
    One thing to note about this game is that the gameplay is significantly different from the experience that you may have experienced on the Gamecube. The whole game is a mirror image of the GC version, so don't go looking for Gamecube guides to help you with the Wii puzzle counterparts. The Wii controller is also completely different, and one of the coolest features is that swinging the Wiimote actually makes the Master Sword slash at enemies in the game. It's a really nice touch and it helps add to the tension of fights and boss battles.
    The land of Hyrule is as beautiful as ever, and it's never boring to explore the vast open world. With a nice array of dungeons, villages and towns, Hyrule truly does seem like a kingdom full of people and a multitude of side quests to complete.
    The story itself is probably the best I've seen in a Zelda title to date. Filled with likable characters, you find yourself always rooting for Link to save the day, while in some previous titles, the story wasn't a key factor that kept you playing. This game is full to the brim of a wide range of emotions, including happiness, dread, and sadness.
    The music in Twilight Princess is phenomenal. Everybody who worked on it has done an amazing job. Some tracks can take you back to the innocence of childhood and others can make you feel like a total badass. And of course, the soundtrack retains the iconic series theme and feel.

To me, everything about this game is perfect. The gameplay, narrative, visuals, and music all come together to form one truly fantastic game. I highly recommend this title to anyone and everyone.
  22. Feb 23, 2016
    Something I've been waiting for the Zelda franchise. For your Wii, don't forget to pick up a copy of Twilight Princess in any store which still sells Wii consoles and games.
  23. Jan 14, 2016
    wonderful game right here it has flaws but the positives in this game out weigh the negatives. the only thing i don't recommend is collecting all of the po souls all you get is unlimited money i found it worth it but you may not
  24. Feb 19, 2016
    esse ai fica empatado com o zelda skyward sword de melhores jogos que eu já joguei na vida. esse zelda foi um grande espetáculo, com sua linda e emocionante história, sua trilha sonora linda, seu mundo grande e muito bem feito, os melhores gráficos que eu já vi em um jogo da série zelda. Nintendo, por favor, que o novo zelda do wii u esteja a altura desse.
  25. Feb 28, 2016
    Awesome game EVER, One of the best games i ever seen from 2006-2007! Graphics are really cool, the soundtrack is awesome too, everything is AWESOME. That's why i rated this master piece with a 10.
  26. Aug 9, 2017
    The most cinematic Zelda experience to date. I personally believe it's absolutely fantastic graphics, incredible soundtrack, surprisingly intense story, epic overworld, and award-winning boss fights are enough to overshadow a painfully tedious Wolf gimmick, a couple painful dungeons, and Zant being a major letdown of a villain. One of my favorite games of all time.
  27. Mar 23, 2016
    In my opinion it is the best wii game ever!
    Awesome history and gameplay. The graphics are cool.
    The battle against Ganondorf is awesome. All the games need to have one battle like that!
  28. Mar 23, 2016
    It is true that it seems a copy of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker, but that does not matter. What matters is the content of the game and in particular I love it, has a story that gives you a great deal of emotion, and has a good soundtrack, realistic graphics, is in fact the Zelda with the more realistic graphics and has a satisfactory game play and is very good, this entertains youIt is true that it seems a copy of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker, but that does not matter. What matters is the content of the game and in particular I love it, has a story that gives you a great deal of emotion, and has a good soundtrack, realistic graphics, is in fact the Zelda with the more realistic graphics and has a satisfactory game play and is very good, this entertains you for hours, personally I would recommend a lot. Buy a GameCube or a Wii or install an emulator and also purchase the game. Expand
  29. Mar 24, 2016
    Everything about this game is what makes The Legend of Zelda series so fantastic, and then some. Though some might argue it's just a "darker Ocarina of Time", Twilight Princess captures you and sends you into a journey that will make you glued to that Wii remote. Motion controls have never been so crisp, and it does give hope for the future of the technology, despite it being a port fromEverything about this game is what makes The Legend of Zelda series so fantastic, and then some. Though some might argue it's just a "darker Ocarina of Time", Twilight Princess captures you and sends you into a journey that will make you glued to that Wii remote. Motion controls have never been so crisp, and it does give hope for the future of the technology, despite it being a port from the GameCube.

Once you scrape through the strangely long introduction section and get that green tunic, you will have one of the best gaming experiences you will ever have.
  30. May 15, 2016
    Прекрасная экшн-адвенчура, с проработанной до мелочей историей не отпустит игрока до самого конца. Путешествия по лесам, горам и полям, интересные и разнообразные головоломки делают эту игру одной из самых атмосферных игр, существующих вообще! Поиграть должен каждый уважающий себя владелец Wii!Прекрасная экшн-адвенчура, с проработанной до мелочей историей не отпустит игрока до самого конца. Путешествия по лесам, горам и полям, интересные и разнообразные головоломки делают эту игру одной из самых атмосферных игр, существующих вообще! Поиграть должен каждый уважающий себя владелец Wii!
  31. Oct 8, 2016
    I can't describe what this game is actually like to play. The controls are so close to perfection, and the design of the overworld is incredible. The dungeons are incredible, with places like Goron Mines and Arbiter's Grounds showing what a dungeon should be. The gimmicks, such as the clawshot, iron boots and spinner are occasionally forgotten, but it introduces new features that don'tI can't describe what this game is actually like to play. The controls are so close to perfection, and the design of the overworld is incredible. The dungeons are incredible, with places like Goron Mines and Arbiter's Grounds showing what a dungeon should be. The gimmicks, such as the clawshot, iron boots and spinner are occasionally forgotten, but it introduces new features that don't distract from the core gameplay. And in it's conclusion, the ending is beyond words. Please just play this. Expand
  32. Nov 13, 2016
    This is honestly the most advanced Nintendogs sequel I have ever seen, they went IN A COMPLETELY different direction than I thought they were heading. Sadly you can only play as one type though, maybe there will be a corgi update or something.
  33. Nov 10, 2016
    For a fact this is one of my favorite Zelda games. Beautiful graphics and great. Great game mechanics as well. A definite must have for the Wii. 10/10
  34. Jan 20, 2017
    probably 1 of the best Wii games and would definitely recommend for fans of action/adventure games

takes a while to complete but has really memorable bosses and has a ton of items.The dungeons are quite fun but like all Zelda games they require patients .The final Boss is amazing with 4 different stages.oh and take your time to look through the game you don't know what you might find.
  35. Jan 23, 2017
    Without doubt this is my favourite game on the Wii. The sheer depth of the land and the enjoyable gameplay immerse you completely within the game. The graphics are great with not too many long drawn out cutaway scenes. I found the game play to be smooth. The controls are excellent and easily picked up, the inventory system is easily managed and it's just really fun to play. I picked thisWithout doubt this is my favourite game on the Wii. The sheer depth of the land and the enjoyable gameplay immerse you completely within the game. The graphics are great with not too many long drawn out cutaway scenes. I found the game play to be smooth. The controls are excellent and easily picked up, the inventory system is easily managed and it's just really fun to play. I picked this game up second-hand for basically nothing which made it even better! I've had 50+hours of enjoyment rom this game. Deserves pride of place in any game collection. A must have title. Expand
  36. Apr 27, 2017
    Uno de los mejores juegos de esta franquisia, una jugabilidad increible, un mapa increible, unos desafios increibles, una historia increible, mas la adicion de los mandos wii, es una experiencia unica.
  37. Jul 12, 2017
    It really hurts me to see how underrated this game is. This game has a very interesting story, aside from a soundtrack that is surprisingly good to be synthetic. The gameplay is a lot of fun, also. I love the dungeons this game offers (except City in the Sky), since they have very clever puzzles that really make you think. The 7 Hidden Sword Skills you learn are very useful in combat andIt really hurts me to see how underrated this game is. This game has a very interesting story, aside from a soundtrack that is surprisingly good to be synthetic. The gameplay is a lot of fun, also. I love the dungeons this game offers (except City in the Sky), since they have very clever puzzles that really make you think. The 7 Hidden Sword Skills you learn are very useful in combat and offer various ways to kill enemies. The horseback combat is tricky to master, but later it becomes really fun to do. The sidequests are very interesting, and the Cave of Ordeals is really good in order to practice for combat. However, I still wish the bosses were harder and items got more uses. But this are really minor flaws in comparison to the rest of this masterpiece. It's IMO Nintendo's greatest game yet, and I really hope it gets more appreciated by the Zelda fans. Expand
  38. Jun 29, 2017
    Best Zelda Game! It has an amazing story, gameplay and feel. Deserves even more praise.

While Skyward Sword is considered to have an amazing story, it lacks in thought and gameplay. While breath of the wild excels in gameplay, thought and exploration, it lacks in story. Twilight princess is the best of both worlds. The story in my opinion is better then skyward swords. And while breath of the wild's world cannot be criticised, I have to say twilight princesses world has so much to do and it feels so relevant. Overall just play the game and see for yourself.
  39. Rgc
    Jul 4, 2017
    After the tloz wind waker I left an empty, the game was fine but it did not feel like a main game of the saga. But good until this great game comes to the Wii (and the gamecube) and I was totally impressed.
    The gameplay is incredible.
    The soundtrack is amazing as any zelda The graphics are incredible despite being part of the Wii, its dark design captivates me instantly. It is a game
    The gameplay is incredible.
    The soundtrack is amazing as any zelda
    It is a game that anyone should play even if you have never played any tloz
  40. Nov 7, 2017
    My first 3d Zelda game that I fully completed and god i was in love in this game. Replayed it twice and had fun every time. Best duengon design, best companion and plot in Zelda game. Its full of surprises and climatic moments. A world is a little empty but we must remember that this game came out also on Gamecube and Wii was extremly underpawered.
  41. TomH
    Apr 5, 2009
    One of the best games I have ever played in my life. I have been a Zelda fan since I was a kid and continue to be as of today for many reasons. This is the darkest storyline out of the series with the twilight world and zant. If you have mastered other zelda games it should take you around 90 hours to master this one, tons of side quests and the dungeons are very difficult so I must say One of the best games I have ever played in my life. I have been a Zelda fan since I was a kid and continue to be as of today for many reasons. This is the darkest storyline out of the series with the twilight world and zant. If you have mastered other zelda games it should take you around 90 hours to master this one, tons of side quests and the dungeons are very difficult so I must say "prepare yourself". Expand
  42. JayL.
    Jan 27, 2007
    First off, it was amazing game. But somewhere in the game you feel like you have missed something. Zelda no longer had the in-depth characters, they all seem linear. The twilight worlds colors are dull and make your time spent there very tedious. The music has been improved slightly, with some new tracks added, and some that sound familiar to the old OoT and Majora's Mask. The First off, it was amazing game. But somewhere in the game you feel like you have missed something. Zelda no longer had the in-depth characters, they all seem linear. The twilight worlds colors are dull and make your time spent there very tedious. The music has been improved slightly, with some new tracks added, and some that sound familiar to the old OoT and Majora's Mask. The gameplay is nice with some additions of new skills that are unlockable. there is no musical instrument; they are replaced with howling and use of plants. When it comes down to it, the linear characters just seem to be the major pit of this game. The puzzles are challenging, and even the enemies can be if you are not aware of what tactic/strategy to use. Its a solid game. Expand
  43. JasonC.
    Jun 14, 2007
    An outstanding game that can be played in a more linear fashion or allows for exploration. The only minor complaint I have is that the use of the Wii remote doesn't really translate into the kind of swordplay you'd expect.
  44. MichaelLasnek
    Jan 6, 2009
    Its a fantastic game, but it doesn't have the same amazing feel that OoT and Majora's Mask have. I go back and play those games and I get goose bumps they are so good. I don't think another game that good will ever come along, but then again, maybe its just cause I'm not playing the game as a 9 year old...
  45. IanF
    May 6, 2009
    The game is stunning and the play smooth A must for all Zelda fans. Gave it a 9 because it seem overall too easy. The time spent in between dungeons was way to short. Wish there were more games and prizes to win. Exploring seemed not as necessary or a waste of time compared to previous Zeldas. There was also nothing to waste rupees on buying. Ruppee collection was way to easy.
  46. JeffZ.
    Dec 4, 2007
    One of the most detailed, artisically superior games ever created. A little on the easy side, but a fantastic launch game.
  47. Alex
    Jan 26, 2007
    Its been a long time since I played a Zelda game. Its hard to appreciate how much you miss something until you actually have it again. everything Zelda was, and is, is wrapped up nicely into a package called Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess. to say the very least, this game is FUN. from the first sword swing, TP grabs you by the metaphorical cajones and doesn't let go. my only Its been a long time since I played a Zelda game. Its hard to appreciate how much you miss something until you actually have it again. everything Zelda was, and is, is wrapped up nicely into a package called Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess. to say the very least, this game is FUN. from the first sword swing, TP grabs you by the metaphorical cajones and doesn't let go. my only complaints about the game thus far are that the speaker on the Wiimote sounds like crap (taking away the developers intended feel of "pulling" the bowstring, etc.), and swinging the Wiimote to attack gets a little old after a while. that, and Link runs funny in this one. overall, 9.4 out of 10. Expand
  48. ChrisP.
    Feb 5, 2007
    As I was nearing the end of this game I was debating with myself whether the problems were significant enough to mark it down to a nine instead of a ten. There are many moments when it really feels like a ten out of ten game. In fact, certain moments feel like the best game you've ever played. However, in the end I decided that I had to acknowledge the flaws, however much my heart As I was nearing the end of this game I was debating with myself whether the problems were significant enough to mark it down to a nine instead of a ten. There are many moments when it really feels like a ten out of ten game. In fact, certain moments feel like the best game you've ever played. However, in the end I decided that I had to acknowledge the flaws, however much my heart wanted to ignore them. I had more camera problems in this than in previous 3D Zelda games. Not loads, but when they happened they were very annoying. A lot of side quests and diversions reward you with money, which is pretty useless in this game as there's little to buy. There are some parts where it feels like you are forced to go backwards and forwards on a fetch-and-carry quest simply to extend the game's (already more than long enough) play time. The difficulty is pitched as low as I can remember in any Zelda game, it's really quite easy, but because it is very long it sometimes feels like an endurance test more than a skill test. And for most of the game there's a feeling of "Oh, that bit's nearly as good as [some previous Zelda game]." The music is great but not quite Zelda at its best. The dungeons are great but not quite Zelda at its best. The environments are great but not quite Zelda at its best. The side quests are great but not quite Zelda at its best. There's a feeling hanging over the whole game that most aspects are just one step behind whichever Zelda game realised that aspect the best. So, it's not the best Zelda game ever. It is, however, a phenomenal game by any normal measure. The graphics... oh, the graphics... I can't believe that some people are criticizing it as being "not next-gen enough". The fact is that Wii is not "next-gen", it's a GameCube with more memory. This game is proof that that is enough. It has more beauty in one frame of cut-scene than most games ever achieve in their whole lifetime. The art design is simply stunning and the game looks absolutely gorgeous almost all of the time. The boss and set-piece design are also amazing. It has the best selection of bosses I can remember for a long time, often huge and very dramatic as bosses should be. None of them are particularly hard but they are so varied and interesting they are well worth the time it takes to reach them. This game could teach Gears of War a few things about scale and variety. The controls also work well. There are moments of frustration but generally everything feels natural. Combat works really well, apart from one or two of the "hidden skills" that you learn being a bit awkward. Long-range targeting no longer needs an artificial wobble because you have your own wavering hand to worry about - when you have to shoot an arrow through a wooden pole several hundred metres away you'll see what I mean. Overall then, it's fantastic. It's slightly short of being the best game in the series but that's like saying that Madonna of the Rocks is not Da Vinci's most interesting painting. Expand
  49. AnonymousMC
    Mar 2, 2007
    AN absolutely brilliant game. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is incredible, and I love the new combat styles...there's actual combat styles. It is comparable with Ocarina of Time, though I would say it OoT is slightly better strictly because of the story. The story of The Twilight Princess is epic, but it's not classic like Oot's. Great game though, highlyAN absolutely brilliant game. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is incredible, and I love the new combat styles...there's actual combat styles. It is comparable with Ocarina of Time, though I would say it OoT is slightly better strictly because of the story. The story of The Twilight Princess is epic, but it's not classic like Oot's. Great game though, highly recommended, worthy of the Zelda title. Expand
  50. BenjaminB.
    Mar 22, 2007
    If you come along with the control scheme (it took me an hour), it is a great gaming experience. In comparison to WW and especially OOT (beneath RE4 the only game i would give a 10) there is a huge lack of freedom, which I really missed. Nevertheless it is a masterpiece and a must-buy for wii-players.
  51. JonT.
    Jun 17, 2007
    Amazing atmosphere and REWARDING, MEMORABLE BOSS FIGHTS. rest of game is too easy though considering there are almost limitless health and money everywhere.
  52. NateB
    Nov 20, 2006
    To anyone who wanted a sequel or follow up to Ocarina, here is your game. While not perfect, it certainly is a lot of fun. I took a point off because of the use of MIDI (as opposed to an orchestrated soudntrack), a few annoyances like hearing that tingle everytime you move the Wiimote, filler (is it really necessary that I have to find some lady's cat so I can progress in the game?) To anyone who wanted a sequel or follow up to Ocarina, here is your game. While not perfect, it certainly is a lot of fun. I took a point off because of the use of MIDI (as opposed to an orchestrated soudntrack), a few annoyances like hearing that tingle everytime you move the Wiimote, filler (is it really necessary that I have to find some lady's cat so I can progress in the game?) and the fact the controls aren't as good or intuitive as they should be. The art direction and story are perhaps the best the series has seen yet. Expand
  53. BrockJ.
    Dec 3, 2006
    A dazzling game. smooth controls and so far a great story line. Graphics are a repackaged gamecube but a true gamer looks for substance... not graphics. Much smoother than any of it's predecessors but a true homage to both Windwaker and Ocarina.
  54. ZackH.
    Nov 4, 2007
    I loved the game and I wuz playin it fur like 4 hours a day. The game had a slow start but it gets a lot better towards the end. To beat the game you would need a guide to help you as you play which I found out about in the middle. The boss battles could be a bit harder too like the battle against Ganandorf which I beat in about 5 minutes. It is the best Zelda game yet.
  55. RomanC.
    Dec 15, 2007
    An other legend... what a pleasure to put for the first time the dvd in the console! What a pleasure to play this game! A very bad point for this game: the difficulty. The game is too easy!
  56. AnonAnon
    Mar 14, 2007
    This game got a 9 since it wasn't to great and you get bored of it very quickly and was to easy and ended to quick.
  57. ScottW.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Huge, fun and very smartly done, and because of the wii controler the best version. If your a Zelda fane you can't leave this one out. You have not played a Zelda game before? Well if you have not, you are in for some of the best gameing around.
  58. JamesLandrum
    Feb 13, 2008
    It's a Zelda game, thus it's bound to be great, but it just seems to have pulled back from that just a tad bit. It was an EXCELLENT game with EXCELLENT game play, but it just didn't seem to have the replay value that surpasses many of the previous releases, and as most people know, the replay value is one of the many factors, but a major factor, that makes the Zelda seriesIt's a Zelda game, thus it's bound to be great, but it just seems to have pulled back from that just a tad bit. It was an EXCELLENT game with EXCELLENT game play, but it just didn't seem to have the replay value that surpasses many of the previous releases, and as most people know, the replay value is one of the many factors, but a major factor, that makes the Zelda series so astounding. Wasn't expecting to trade it in, but 2-3 weeks later, it was off my shelf. Expand
  59. SimonH.
    May 25, 2008
    What a great game! The control system works really well and really justifies the purchase of a Wii. If only there was a spoken dialogue throughout rather than the story being written on screen then I'd have given this a 10/10.
  60. Josh
    Jul 8, 2008
    This game is great it draws you in to where you cant set down the remote. It has great visuals, great dungeons, and a wonderful story. The only negatives are that the game at heart is really a Gamecube game and the wolf part seems completly random.
  61. JonathanCarrier
    Aug 12, 2009
    As it is Twilight Princess is a good game. It's lengthy and appealing. The reason it gets a 9 though it's it's a direct homage and love letter to Ocarina of Time. There's too much been there done that. It relies heavily on the fact of whether you played Ocarina or not. It's still a great game but, not worth playing more than once.
  62. JordanG
    Sep 21, 2009
    This game is amazing. The atmosphere, controls, gameplay all add into an epic journey that truly engages the player in the world, mixing elements of exploreation, action and puzzling perfectly. And the ending is truly amazing...
  63. parkerr
    Jan 16, 2010
    Ok I really love this game but theres some things you guys should really do you guys would make billions is the next Zelda game you make is to have more armor more weapons and something you guys should add in is you can create your own armor and maybe even your character. Ya you might think its going to change the Zelda story well make a new story to it you no people love that stuff i no Ok I really love this game but theres some things you guys should really do you guys would make billions is the next Zelda game you make is to have more armor more weapons and something you guys should add in is you can create your own armor and maybe even your character. Ya you might think its going to change the Zelda story well make a new story to it you no people love that stuff i no because i talked to alot of people about that and they think that would be the best if you put it on zelda the reason i no because im a teen and i no what we all want and you guys would make so much and people love the wii version bye the way but take time think about it make a new zelda story to it but make it more like we can create stuff you like i said armor and your character try it email me back tell me what you think Expand
  64. JonA.
    Jan 14, 2007
    The good: varied dungeon puzzles, seamlessly integrated sidequests and hidden goodies, a beautiful art style and a simple yet gripping story. The bad: the dungeons favor variety over difficulty, maintaining a fairly moderate level of challenge instead of becoming more difficult as you progress, the boss fights are rarely challenging though they can still be exciting in their epic scope, The good: varied dungeon puzzles, seamlessly integrated sidequests and hidden goodies, a beautiful art style and a simple yet gripping story. The bad: the dungeons favor variety over difficulty, maintaining a fairly moderate level of challenge instead of becoming more difficult as you progress, the boss fights are rarely challenging though they can still be exciting in their epic scope, the graphics look occasionaly dated, and the sound is also disappointing, with very simplistic ambient loops in dungeons and no real orchestration ever. I had no problem with the lack of voice acting however, seeing it more as a stylistic choice by Nintendo. I would call this an excellent game, but not quite a proper "next generation" Zelda game. Still, it succeeds on its own as an endlessly fun and very long adventure game, and a welcome homage to Ocarina of Time. Expand
    Jan 19, 2007
    It's a great game. Its an awesome game. Unfortunately its not as good as you'd expect from all these user comments. It doesn't have the huge fun factor. The game does everything right but, I dunno, I almost feel I'd rather play Exite Truck or Elebits.
  66. WilmaB.
    Dec 29, 2007
    This game has a really excellent gameplay but it has one minor drawback. If you save in the middle of an area and then turn it off it takes you back to the beginning of the area instead of where you saved other than that it's very good.
  67. LauraS
    Dec 24, 2009
    I like this game, but I'm only halfway through so I don't know if it gets bad or good later on. One of my favourite parts is, like in past zeldas, when you attack a chicken you can turn into one. I also love the spinner and clawshot.
  68. TonyF
    Mar 15, 2009
    This is a great game with very good gameplay and beautiful Story ...... Midna is a very good character and Hyrule is Gigantic in proportion ...... the only reason it gets a 9 from me is because there has been only one perfect game for me ..... and that is Ocarina Of Time ...... but Still this is a worthy Follow Up (i usually do not consider Wind Waker a True Zelda game)
  69. JackH
    Jun 12, 2009
    It's a masterpiece, albeit a slightly flawed one. It starts off a bit slow, and will frustrate some with it's clever puzzles, but all in all, it's an epic game. I can't deny that my 70+ hours spent completing this game were mostly great. Out of that, maybe around 3 or 4 of those hours I was bored or frustrated with it, but compare that to thie time I spent with it, and It's a masterpiece, albeit a slightly flawed one. It starts off a bit slow, and will frustrate some with it's clever puzzles, but all in all, it's an epic game. I can't deny that my 70+ hours spent completing this game were mostly great. Out of that, maybe around 3 or 4 of those hours I was bored or frustrated with it, but compare that to thie time I spent with it, and it's negligible. Expand
  70. KyleW.
    Dec 12, 2006
    Very well put together they did a nice job on this Zelda exept it should be harder, I'm coasting through it like crazy.
  71. Nov 26, 2010
    An awesome launch title for the Wii, Twilight Princess may not be as innovative as Wind Waker or as groundbreaking as Ocarina of Time, but it's still a high quality Zelda game, and that means a lot.
  72. Aug 23, 2010
    Certainly takes a while to get going, but when it does it's a cracking adventure, and a stunning Zelda game to boot. While not perfect, it's very easy to pick up, and difficult to put back down. While lacking something that superior Zelda games have, like Ocarina of Time, it's still one of the best Wii games.
  73. Jun 28, 2012
    Once again I find myself loving another Zelda game. Twilight Princess is fantastic in nearly every way. The story is fantastic and filled with characters I absolutely loved, and it brings a new darker, mature setting. It's got some of the best, coolest and weirdest dungeons in the series I've seen thus far, like for instance one isn't really a dungeon, but a mansion with a friendly yetiOnce again I find myself loving another Zelda game. Twilight Princess is fantastic in nearly every way. The story is fantastic and filled with characters I absolutely loved, and it brings a new darker, mature setting. It's got some of the best, coolest and weirdest dungeons in the series I've seen thus far, like for instance one isn't really a dungeon, but a mansion with a friendly yeti family living inside it! Also half way through the dungeon, before you can get the dungeon item, you fight a mini boss, which is a lot of fun to do. The bosses in the game are really cool but also dark and creepy fitting the darker setting excellently, but I found them to be shockingly easy to beat, the only tough one being the final (four part) boss battle, let's put it this way the mini bosses are more difficult to beat then the main bosses. You also get some really cool sections where you can transform into a wolf. The puzzles are as always fantastic, and I found the game almost impossible to put down. This game is also massive, it has a huge world to explore filled with side quests, hidden secrets, and treasure just waiting for you to sink your teeth into, I played it for roughly 36-40 hours and still could go back and find stuff to do. As this is the Wii version it also uses motion controls, aiming with the Wii remote never felt better, and combat is also more fun even if it is just controller waggling XD. And it's a completely mirrored port of the GameCube version, so there's a reason for GameCube owners to test this version out. The soundtrack is fantastic although it's not as great as other Zelda game's. the graphics are awesome most of the time, with fantastic character animations and beautiful locations, but sometimes you looking at dated and bland textures or blurriness. In closing it's a Zelda game so obviously it's fantastic. It's story and setting will suck you in like no other game in the series, and the gameplay has some great new additions. It's just a fantastic game that I recommend to any and all gamers. A must play. Expand
  74. May 15, 2011
    In my mind the best Zelda game. The plot and atmosphere the game creates is essentially brilliant. It honestly feels like it should be a movie, not a game (and I mean that in a good way! this isn't like Final Fantasy!) that being said, it does suffer from what every other 3D Zelda game has suffered from and that is that some sections (ESPECIALLY the temples) drag on WAAY too long. It'sIn my mind the best Zelda game. The plot and atmosphere the game creates is essentially brilliant. It honestly feels like it should be a movie, not a game (and I mean that in a good way! this isn't like Final Fantasy!) that being said, it does suffer from what every other 3D Zelda game has suffered from and that is that some sections (ESPECIALLY the temples) drag on WAAY too long. It's just puzzle after puzzle after puzzle and it's so boring, so frustrating and so unnecessary. Besides that, this is one of the best Wii games, and like I said the best Zelda. Expand
  75. Jul 22, 2013
    The first Zelda game I played and it did not disappoint! One of he many aspects I like in videogames is the darkness in it. Twilight Princess is full of dark moments, with the Arbiter's Grounds and the Palace of Twilight being my favourite examples with dark themes, even though most of the game is fairly dark. The graphics look REALLY and the game introduced some of my favouriteThe first Zelda game I played and it did not disappoint! One of he many aspects I like in videogames is the darkness in it. Twilight Princess is full of dark moments, with the Arbiter's Grounds and the Palace of Twilight being my favourite examples with dark themes, even though most of the game is fairly dark. The graphics look REALLY and the game introduced some of my favourite characters in the Zelda franchise, such as Midna and Zant (The Postman is also getting a mention because you can't disregard a guy who does his job well!) i also LOVED the wolf mechanic since wolves are my favourite animals and who wouldn't love clawing and biting your enemies to death! But there is something about this game that really isn't appealing to me but I'm not sure what it is. The game starts of REALLY slow (and stays that way until you get the Master Sword which is after THREE sungeons and vanishing all of the Twilight from Hyrule!) Some sidequests are pretty annoning (that game in Castle Town with the clawshots. Anyone?) Some of the main missions are pretty boring. (Oh look there's an owl statue. Let's take that away with the Dominion Rod. Oh look a book. GREAT! Wait, I have to get more of these things!?...) and some of the dungeons are pretty irritating (City in the Sky is pretty irritating but the Lakebed Temple just takes the cake which seem to be a theme is Zelda games with Water temples being so annoying!) But Twilight Princess is still a great game and you should definitely play it! Expand
  76. Mar 25, 2011
    This game is great! The graphics are awesome, the gameplay is amazing, and the RPG elements (including: multiple items to discover, health potions, and sand-box) are completely showing. Great boss fights mean this is an all-round complete, and crystal clear, addition to the Zelda series.
  77. Jul 15, 2011
    In video games industry there is a conflict saying that video games aren't at all "ART" while other say they're ART. In my words this Zelda game proves all the idiots of the industry saying that games aren't ART they are wrong.Twilight Princess beautiful and gorgeous and hell of a fun game with great puzzles and confusing dungeons. While there isn't replay value, you will enjoy theIn video games industry there is a conflict saying that video games aren't at all "ART" while other say they're ART. In my words this Zelda game proves all the idiots of the industry saying that games aren't ART they are wrong.Twilight Princess beautiful and gorgeous and hell of a fun game with great puzzles and confusing dungeons. While there isn't replay value, you will enjoy the landscapes and heroic and sticky music. Twilight princess is above and shoulder to almost any game. Expand
  78. Apr 13, 2011
    This is my favorite Zelda game of all the series but i havent had the chance to play Ocarina of Time yet.Wind Waker is a close second but its not the best.Twilight Princess is an awsome adventure game that you will never want to stop playing.
  79. Apr 30, 2011
    Story (9/10)
    Story(10/10)
    The story is well written, straight-forward, as well as filled with many dark secrets and questions. It takes you to many, many environments like deserts, underwater temples, snowy mountains, with many medieval themed settings. Graphics (8/10) The graphics were, and to this day; probably the best graphics in a wii game of all time. The textures are sharp, the
    Story (9/10)
    Story(10/10)
    Graphics (8/10)
    The graphics were, and to this day; probably the best graphics in a wii game of all time. The textures are sharp, the polygons are plentiful and lighting is accurate. Although the bloom sometimes make it TOO soft; blending foreground objects with background objects.
    Gameplay (9/10)
    There are many chests of goodies to find around the game, many tools that are gained throughout the story, and the wii-pointer controls bring a perspective of accuracy no other game can accomplish. The only problem is that you have to swing the wii remote in order to do attacks with the sword; which i think makes the combat a bit clumsy.
    Sound (7/10)
    The score is both good and lacking. There are some very iconic and original pieces that almost define the entire game; and there are pieces of music that is just plain noise.
    Overall (9/10)
    When looking at the game as a whole; the pros easily weigh out the cons. If you like a good story; this game will not disappoint
  80. Oct 19, 2013
    This was the first Zelda game that I completed. I would say the most outstanding part is the gameplay the game's packed, there's like a dozen weapons tools which you unlock thorough the game and they keep adding new ways of interacting with the environment, so it never feels repetitive and there's always something new to do. I was disappointed by boss battles they were too easy. A bossThis was the first Zelda game that I completed. I would say the most outstanding part is the gameplay the game's packed, there's like a dozen weapons tools which you unlock thorough the game and they keep adding new ways of interacting with the environment, so it never feels repetitive and there's always something new to do. I was disappointed by boss battles they were too easy. A boss needs to be a boss, not only look like one but also pose an obstacle to the player. I liked the artistic style (pity it's not an HD title). The story is quite simple, yet engaging. Highly recommended game. Expand
  81. Sep 4, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing! Although the graphics seem a little outdated, the puzzles are really unique, and the story is absolutely fantastic! The story line is so unique I think this could be rivaling some movies and shooter games. Not to mention the game takes 50-70 hours to finish on your first try.
  82. Oct 18, 2011
    yeah....

here we go.... its a new game... but it all feels old its in good light thats what im told but everything just all feels the same....... in my console it looks more to me, like a bland land of stuff thats gimmicky my time spent on the game it made me see.... that i dont really like it all that much i dont think it good as usual i never disliked zelda this way, but thats the
    yeah....

here we go....

its a new game...
    but it all feels old
    its in good light thats what im told
    but everything just all feels the same.......

in my console
    it looks more to me,
    like a bland land
    of stuff thats gimmicky
    my time spent on the game it made me see....

that i dont really like it all that much
    i dont think it good as usual
    i never disliked zelda this way,
    but thats the stuff that not good,
    there is some stuff that is good...

(like) GAMEPLAY

an that is what rly counts
    a-what im sayin is this is t. princess
    not great like M.M
    still...
    its still pretty cool

i think its quite cool
    not normal standards
    but still awesome
    but not much colour
    its just some little blips in the design

if u think its the best zelda
    youd be wrong it is M.M
    and if youre thinkin oot,
    then i wouldnt kill you, and still be pretty

COOL

but tp is very flawed
    and anyways i
    think it a great game
    coulerless but creative
    teee....p

tps a gr8 game..

play it once, u suck play it twice, u still suck play it 3 or... more times and then ur awesome!!! teee peee it rly isnt up too high in my top games but thi is the question what score ya giv-n give it a good score or pummeled to the floor yoooouuuu ya think it need 9 or more (maybe 10) this is some ZELDA!!! play it if ur with meh come an get ur copy wooooah come an get ur copy wooooahhhh come an play it again woooah come and debate mah score.... AGAIN!!!!!!!! what song does this tune into copy the link to find out, or figure it out anyway, this is getting a 9 and an 85% score http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAFNgEZuepA
  83. Nov 8, 2011
    YES! At last, a Wii game that I can enjoy! "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" is one good looking and good playing game that will appeal very strongly to your gaming senses. Looks cheesy and childish? Then stop trolling and go play your COD.
  84. Sep 18, 2011
    In terms of innovation, this Zelda game really hit the nail on the head. The controls were very interactive, even though there were times they could have been better. The graphics are pretty impressive for the Wii and even more so unlike anything on any other Zelda game before it. The story seems to trail off a little bit and the world feels different but it doesn't disappoint. Easily aIn terms of innovation, this Zelda game really hit the nail on the head. The controls were very interactive, even though there were times they could have been better. The graphics are pretty impressive for the Wii and even more so unlike anything on any other Zelda game before it. The story seems to trail off a little bit and the world feels different but it doesn't disappoint. Easily a classic addition to the Zelda series. It was bewildering to see the world of Hyrule in a different light. The story progresses nicely, there is plenty to do and explore but not an insurmountable amount of item gathering, which is good for my tastes. It is decent in length especially if you try to get 100% and it does boast some challenging levels. Love it or hate it, I think it really comes down to if you like action/adventure games and even more so if you like the Zelda storyline. Although, I personal believe it stands out all on its own. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  85. Oct 8, 2011
    An amazing adventure game, if you play for at least an hour, you'll feel like your in Hyrule. The story is completely brilliant, puzzles are just as, well puzzling, graphics were great, and the level design is so detailed, the whole game blew my mind.
  86. Nov 1, 2011
    Zelda Twilight Princess kicks butt! While starting out slow the game picks up! Like traditional Zelda games in the past Twilight Princess gives you challenging puzzles, mysterious dungeons, damaging weapons, and plenty of twists and turns that will have you coming back for more! Skyward Sword should not disapoint considering Zelda a Link to the Past is my favorite game of all time!
  87. Jan 24, 2013
    To me this was the best Zelda game in the series. The task of getting the master sword was so awesome and unique, it was a lot better than just walking into the temple of time and removing it from the pedestal. The art style is one of my favorites, but what kept this game from receiving a 10 was that it was ported from the GCN and the graphics weren't what they could have been.
  88. Nov 12, 2011
    Twilight Princess gave us so many things that Ocarina of Time instilled, and added enough that resulted in an amazing game. I would be lying if I said this game was a masterpiece because in my opinion, there were some problems in terms of pacing and although the graphics appeared great at some points, at other points, the game was covered with bland textures. Despite this, the more darkerTwilight Princess gave us so many things that Ocarina of Time instilled, and added enough that resulted in an amazing game. I would be lying if I said this game was a masterpiece because in my opinion, there were some problems in terms of pacing and although the graphics appeared great at some points, at other points, the game was covered with bland textures. Despite this, the more darker look of the game fits the darker theme of the game perfectly. Link's wolf form is a very welcome addition, despite some tedious collecting points in the game. The story in Twilight Princess is epic as hell, again revealing a darker side to the series. If I could give this game somewhere between a 9 and 10 on metacritic, I would but I can't so, I will settle for the lesser of the scores, because again the game, at least for me is not considered a masterpiece, but is an amazing experience. Expand
  89. Nov 15, 2011
    If you've never played a Zelda game, pick this up first.

If you've never played a Zelda game, pick this up first.

This is the most awesome Zelda visual style and the coolest story in the series. The game is extremely slow and boring at first, but as soon as you get to the first dungeon, it dramatically picks up. The fire temple boss and heat waves are incredibly beautiful, and Hyrule field is Even bigger than Ocarina of Time. People love to complain about the simple score and lack of voice acting, but to be honest, it wouldn't be Zelda with voice acting, and as long as the music is well written it doesn't matter what instrument is playing it. There are several instances, especially outside of the dungeons where I got stuck, and I even put the game down for awhile, but trust me it is worth looking on the internet for help in these instances because there is so much great content, beautiful environments, and expertly designed puzzles in the game to pass it up. I recommend any version of this game to literally anyone.
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    Gaming all my life since the 2600 days. I've got to say this is one awsome game. I liked to use of wii controls and the graphics are nice for a launch wii title. If you like rpg's and you have a wii pick this one up. Buy It!!
  91. Dec 21, 2011
    This game takes everything that was good about The Legend of Zelda up to this point, expand on it, and throws in a little someting extra. The controls are well mapped and responsive (with the exception of the sword being mapped to shaking the remote, making "lock on and start shaking" an effective strategy), fun and imaginative weapons, and a storyline which is creative and epic in scope.This game takes everything that was good about The Legend of Zelda up to this point, expand on it, and throws in a little someting extra. The controls are well mapped and responsive (with the exception of the sword being mapped to shaking the remote, making "lock on and start shaking" an effective strategy), fun and imaginative weapons, and a storyline which is creative and epic in scope. In all the games in the series, Link has never felt as epic as this, with a huge, expansive world (Hyrule field is so huge it consists of four seperate areas), some of the best music to date, and beautifully orchestrated art direction, while I still consider Ocarina of Time the best game in the series, this is an extremely close second and an absolute blast. Expand
  92. Apr 17, 2012
    This is the best Zelda game I played from Ocarina of Time. Simple. Dot. I'd like more dungeons or quests, but anyway it's a great game, with good graphics and enjoyable characters.
  93. Apr 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is for me the best zelda game ever along with wind waker and ocarina of time. The boses are awsome, i know they are a bit easy to beat but still they'r awsome and the music isn't the best. But this game got the best story ever In a videogame. And the dungeons are awsome. And i think Midna is the coolest helper Link has ever had. This also got what i think is the best evil character ever in a videogame. Every gamer should have this game. Expand
  94. May 19, 2012
    After three playthroughs and about 200 hours of playing this game I've come to my conclusion. It falls down on a few things: -It's too easy. I felt like superman slashing up every enemy in my way, it got annoying because I felt myself looking for a challenge and acting as if some bosses were tough. The puzzles were a bit on the easier side too but still challenging. -Another big letdownAfter three playthroughs and about 200 hours of playing this game I've come to my conclusion. It falls down on a few things: -It's too easy. I felt like superman slashing up every enemy in my way, it got annoying because I felt myself looking for a challenge and acting as if some bosses were tough. The puzzles were a bit on the easier side too but still challenging. -Another big letdown was that the game felt 'empty'. Nearly every reward was rupees and there wasn't much interesting you could do with all your rupees. My wallet was constantly full. Big landscapes with little secrets, just some treasures with worthless rupees. With that said the rest is all wonderfull, awesome and thrilling. Definatly the most epic Zelda experience I've had. They didn't offer a lot new to the game except the wolf aspect, which wasn't really special. They played it safe and made it a traditional Zelda, which is fine with me. But it won't go down as the best Zelda ever. It's still the best game for the Wii though. 9/10 Expand
  95. May 28, 2012
    TP is awesome but not perfect. Zelda games should be way harder. It is impossible to die every enemy even bosses when you are hit only take 1 heart away or less even the main boss which is kind of disappointing. Rupees are everywhere and not many things to spend them on. Some people complain that it is way to linear however I like it the way it is. to enjoy more the experience pass theTP is awesome but not perfect. Zelda games should be way harder. It is impossible to die every enemy even bosses when you are hit only take 1 heart away or less even the main boss which is kind of disappointing. Rupees are everywhere and not many things to spend them on. Some people complain that it is way to linear however I like it the way it is. to enjoy more the experience pass the game with only 3 hearts and only grab rupees from treasure chests and spend them on magic armor. Do not destroy boxes to get rupees or arrows instead buy them at shops so it feels more real. Aside from all this the game has nice graphics interesting side quests and story. What makes this game different than other Zelda games are the hidden skills enhancing the experience to the limit. Expand
  96. Jan 18, 2013
    excellent solid title. Midna is a great character in the game. Wolf Link is a lot of fun and very different. The temples and items in this game are amazing. The dark plot makes it feel like an old school Zelda title in a new generation and time. Better than Skyward Sword in my opinion.
  97. Jul 28, 2012
    This game is amazing but the wolf fetch parts are kind of tedius but if you can power through them then your in for one of the best games of this generation!!!
  98. Sep 2, 2012
    Even though you can't say hands down that Twilight Princess is the best Zelda, to me it is a very good game and is third on the list under Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. I was relieved to see Nintendo move away from the kiddish graphics used in Wind Waker, which surprising to me a lot of people liked. This game sometimes had a dark aspect to it, especially when your a wolf, but itEven though you can't say hands down that Twilight Princess is the best Zelda, to me it is a very good game and is third on the list under Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. I was relieved to see Nintendo move away from the kiddish graphics used in Wind Waker, which surprising to me a lot of people liked. This game sometimes had a dark aspect to it, especially when your a wolf, but it makes for an interesting adventure. When I play this game it feels more like OoT than Skyward Sword does, and for me that's a big plus. Twilight Princess does a good job having the Zelda aspect needed along with a few new ideas that blend in well with the series. The ending and end bosses of this game are the best part, and possibly the best the series has to offer. I don't want to spoil anything, but your in for some pretty intense battles towards the end. I also liked the story in Twilight Princess more than Skyward Sword, and I think overall it's a better game. Expand
  99. Oct 26, 2012
    My favorite Zelda game of all time is Twilight Princess. The gameplay is the high point of the game, reinforced by its precise controls and easy navigation. Twilight Princess' atmosphere is also greatly enhanced by its beautiful score. The story is a bit dicey in places but still holds together well with its other elements and doesn't seem to sour the experience at all.

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

An excellent addition (and homage to "Ocarina") to the franchise, and you'll have an enormous amount of fun playing it from start to finish. Get over the fact that the Wii's hardware is simply not as powerful as the other next-gen machines and get into the fact that Twilight Princess is one of the best games you'll play this year.
  2. It truly is, in my opinion, the best and longest Zelda ever made. With nearly 70 hours of playtime committed and more still to do, I cant think of a better experience or value this holiday season.
    Truly fantastic. It's not a reinvention of the genre like Ocarina was -- but it's much better, because it takes all its predecessors' raw ideas, perfects them, and creates an experience that's at once new and familiar. It's rare to find a launch game that truly justifies the purchase of a new console, but this is precisely that.