Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam Wii

6.2

1. Sam
    May 9, 2007
    Downhill Jam is a fun diversion to what could be a really promising future to Tony Hawk games on the Wii. I just don't know why Activision stuck with this spin-off with minimal controls when they could have made a "Project 8 Wii" game instead, relying a lot on the motion sensing of the Wii, but motion sensing is minimal in this game, save for the turning. The graphics are decent; not Downhill Jam is a fun diversion to what could be a really promising future to Tony Hawk games on the Wii. I just don't know why Activision stuck with this spin-off with minimal controls when they could have made a "Project 8 Wii" game instead, relying a lot on the motion sensing of the Wii, but motion sensing is minimal in this game, save for the turning. The graphics are decent; not perfect, but surprisingly pleasing. The sound is alright; the soundtrack isn't great and the voices can get annoying, but despite these annoyances the sound is passable. However, no matter how hard it tries, this game just isn't funny. However, I really enjoyed the game, but I just wish Activision took the fullest of their advantages to what could have been a great start to Tony Hawk and the Wii. For that, I take off a point. Expand
  2. SteveW.
    Dec 7, 2006
    Rented this game, played it the first 2 days I had it and havent played it since. The game starts out ok, but very quickly becomes forgettable.
  3. BrockJ.
    Dec 3, 2006
    As a gamer that's been playing Hawk games since the get-go, I am disappointed in this game, especially hearing how good Project 8 is. The racing style just doesn't do the franchise justice. It's good for killing some time, but makes me yearn for THP8.

#15 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#16 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

1. While the multi-player is much more full-featured than the single-player, Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam is nonetheless a great launch title that makes great use of the Wii.
  2. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    There's not so much replay value but the controls give it a new lease on life. [Christmas 2006, p.92]
  3. While Downhill Jam is by no means brilliant, it works well as an extension of the Tony Hawk franchise. It may borrow liberally from both SSX and Downhill Domination, but it differs in execution, largely because of the unique nature of the Wiimote.