Wii Play Wii

6.5

1. DJLINK
    Dec 13, 2008
    This is worth a purchase and it's very cheap, being bundled with a Wii remote and a lot of fun. It's a great way to show off the Wii for what it is and what it can do and, with medals to achieve, there is come longevity for those that want to be challenged. The only game I didn't enjoy too much was the bubble one but in multiplayer me and my wife played a ton of billiards This is worth a purchase and it's very cheap, being bundled with a Wii remote and a lot of fun. It's a great way to show off the Wii for what it is and what it can do and, with medals to achieve, there is come longevity for those that want to be challenged. The only game I didn't enjoy too much was the bubble one but in multiplayer me and my wife played a ton of billiards and the lookelikey game (she liked the Miis we had created being part of the game). As a serious gamer it is a wonderful feeling to get non-gamers (especially partners who tend criticise the hobby) to play with you and have a good time. For this to be so universally panned is cynical and is missing the point. Buy it, it's worth it. Expand
  2. KDep
    Feb 15, 2007
    It's no Wii sports, but for $10 (minus the cost of the controller), it's worth it. They're little silly minigames, but they have some replay value. They're great pick-up and play games that anyone can enjoy. Grab it if you need another remote.
  3. AndrewG.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Wow. I wrote this game off because of all the bad reviews, but damn this is so freaking fun. For one player, it won't last long - maybe tanks would have some replay value. But for two player this is INCREDIBLY addictive. The Find Mii game especially, is ridiculously fun with two or more people. Definitely recommended as a buy considering the wii-mote pack-in.
  4. CindyW.
    Mar 18, 2007
    Our family is not looking for the ultimate gaming experience but a quick diversion between activities. These games are fun, quick, easy to learn, and worth $10. We like finding our Miis in different areas of the game, too.
  5. K.H.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Great for what it is, fun addicting, short games.
  6. V.V.
    Jan 4, 2008
    Clearly worth it, if you are considering buinyg a new remote! Many of the games are surprisingly fun, and the controlling works fine. Not too much fun single-player though.
  7. GuilhermeM.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Not a hardcore game, but very simple and fun. Just like Wii sports
  8. MarcoQ
    Aug 11, 2009
    This game has mini games inside it. The most i like is the tank one, is realy cool and is realy dificult.
  9. KaleE.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Good fun for hours and hours, a long-lasting collection of games. It's very nice to just pop the game back in and have a few relaxing sessions, or try to get even better scores. More games like this would be great.
  10. NickS.
    Feb 4, 2007
    A great collection of 9 mini-games, definitely worth the extra $10 with the wii-remote. Albeit, the fishing is a little clunky, the games provide a lot of entertainment when wii play is played in the same way as wii sports (say, an hour max a day); and more fun with friends.
  11. VijayL.
    Apr 25, 2007
    Hey people, this game is a couple of quid as it comes with a wii remote. I wasn't expecting a Zelda but its definitely playful and worth getting if you buying a remote.
  12. TheButcher
    Apr 29, 2007
    I don't know why they are all so negative about this game, while it is really addictive, especially 'Tanks!'. The controls work well, but you musn't buy this game for the singleplayer, because its the multiplayer where the game's good.
  13. SamuelL.
    Apr 8, 2007
    good if your bored but not for very long.
  14. CatherineL.
    Jul 26, 2007
    There are 9 games packed in for only $10 and very entertaining. My husband and I had a blast playing this - we are not much into video games but continue to have lots of laughs with this one!!!
  15. DebS.
    Aug 19, 2007
    This is one of my favs. I do like it just for amusing, relaxing fun. No deep thinking but sometimes that all we want.
  16. BrettK.
    Feb 12, 2008
    Has some fun 2-player mini-games for only a very sleight price premium over a bare wii-mote. I recommend this for anyone who wants a second remote.
  17. SpecialC.
    Feb 21, 2008
    This game is not groundbreaking but it is highly addictive and fun. It's a good quick fix game that my wife and I play often. If you are going to spend $40 for an extra remote, spend the extra $10 for Wii Play.
  18. ONEAsianThug
    Feb 13, 2007
    Just for the sheer fact that your getting a controller in the deal is well warranted to be a buy. Now i have 3 controllers but the game is highly addicting.
  19. RyanR.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Most of the games take a couple plays to catch on but once they do, HOLY CRAP! This game will not leave your Wii and all of your friends will want to borrow it.
  20. DavidG.
    Jan 13, 2008
    If you whizz through all the games, it's barely worth the premium over just getting a second remote. But with a little perseverance and open-mindedness, all apart from Pose Mii are surprisingly compelling. Find Mii looks the most childish but turns out to be tough and addictive, the best of the lot.
  21. Nov 17, 2010
    Now here is an excellent 2 player game.Lets be honest,you can play solo and have fun for a limited amount of time but the 2 player is the reason to own this game.My wife and I have tons of fun to this day with this game and Wii sports resort.
  22. Sep 27, 2010
    I actually really like this game! I find that I always reach for it. Maybe its the simplicity yet challenging aspect of all the games... I don't know. But some of these games are actually really addicting. The only game that I don't like is that Tank game... I still don't really know how to play that... but other than that all the other 8 games are amazing :)
  23. Oct 5, 2012
    Quite fun. Lots of fun little mini games that can provide a couple of hours fun. It's pretty cheap, too, being bundled together with a Nintendo Wii Remote. The game is a fun game to teach your family some of the basics of the Nintendo Wii controller and its motion capabilities. Good games to calm you down after a long day of boredom.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    The games in this are reasonably fun, though I wish there were more. I got this with Wii Music for £10.99 ($17.89) so for the price I think it's worth it. Having medals to earn makes it a bit more enjoyable.
  25. ahm
    May 20, 2013
    - Has 9 mini games.
    - Mini Games can go on until loss. - Perfect fun for 4-5 year olds. ( From Website Rates ) - Gameplay rated 6. - Graphics rated 8. - Sound rated 8. - Lasting Appeal rated 5 - Fun for a while, but then gets boring. Pros: - Has a bunch of fun minigames that you can play - Games are multiplayer, more than one player allowed to play at once -
    - Fun for a while, but then gets boring.

Pros:
    - Has a bunch of fun minigames that you can play
    - Games are multiplayer, more than one player allowed to play at once
    - Controls are actually very simple to understand
    - There are 9 minigames

Cons:
    - All minigames have to be unlocked
    - I would’ve tried to increase how the graphics look
    - I also would’ve tried to create more mini games than 9

Pros (Good things what I loved):

- Has 9 mini games.
    - Mini Games can go on until loss. - Perfect fun for 4-5 year olds. ( From Website Rates ) - Gameplay rated 6. - Graphics rated 8. - Sound rated 8. - Lasting Appeal rated 5 - Fun for a while, but then gets boring. Pros (Good things what I loved): - Has a bunch of fun minigames that you can play - Games are multiplayer, more than one player allowed to play at once - Controls are actually very simple to understand - There are 9 minigames Cons (Bad things what I didn’t like), and how would you improve on it (next steps): - All minigames have to be unlocked - I would’ve tried to increase how the graphics look - I also would’ve tried to create more mini games than 9 Wii Play is rated E for everyone because it actually has no blood or intense violence it the game. This game is a very fun and competitive game because you could always be trying to be your previous score. This game has actually 9 mini games inside of this disc. All of these games are fun to play because each one has no similarity with the other, it’s different every time. The 9 games are: Shooting Range Find Mii Table Tennis Pose Hockey Billiards Laser Hockey Tanks Fishing Charge
  26. Feb 16, 2014
    This game was actually kind of fun. I got my copy for $2.99 from gamestop and it was nearly new,no scratches, and it even came with 20 club points free. I played this game for hours.
  27. Mar 31, 2014
    This game came bundled with my Wii Remote and is really is addictive and competitive. I'll say it really is a great deal for such a great game to come bundled with.
  28. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is a great tech demo for the Wii along with Wii Sports. It was one of my first games for Wii. The graphics are great. The games are pretty fun. My favourite one was Tanks. The controls are satisfying. Wii Play is a fun game and it is worth $10 with a Wii Remote.
  29. Aug 24, 2015
    This game consists of 9 mini games. They are pretty simple but so addicting and fun. I play them a lot because they are so simple but addicting and fun. There is not much more to say. This game is ridiculously simple. 9 mini games. Fun. Addicting. Try them.
  30. ahm
    May 20, 2013
    - Fun for a while, but then gets boring.

Pros:
    - Has a bunch of fun minigames that you can play
    - Games are multiplayer, more than one player allowed to play at once
    - Controls are actually very simple to understand
    - There are 9 minigames

Cons:
    - All minigames have to be unlocked
    - I would’ve tried to increase how the graphics look
    - I also would’ve tried to create more mini games than 9

Pros (Good things what I loved):

#8 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#21 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. By ordinary standards there's simply nothing here - bar Billiards - that offers anything worthy of more than a few minutes play. As an introduction to the Wii and its unique control scheme it just about works, but beyond that there's very little here to get excited about.
  2. Games Master UK
    Not really a game as such, but a capable if uninspired introduction to the wonders of Wii. [Christmas 2006, p.85]
  3. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    All nine games are suprisingly addictive, and if you're planning on buying another Remote you really should go for this. [Christmas 2006, p.76]