7.9

1. May 23, 2015
    This game is so much better than the original Wii Sports! It has a lot more games and, of course, more accurate motion controls. All of the minigames take place on a little paradise island that you can fly around in Island Flyover, the second best part of the game. The best? the swordfighting mode! It's so much better than the stuff offered in Wii Sports, plus it includes bowling and someThis game is so much better than the original Wii Sports! It has a lot more games and, of course, more accurate motion controls. All of the minigames take place on a little paradise island that you can fly around in Island Flyover, the second best part of the game. The best? the swordfighting mode! It's so much better than the stuff offered in Wii Sports, plus it includes bowling and some of the other stuff from the original title. I give it a 7.5/10. It's good family fun, as I have described, but that doesn't mean it's outstanding. Expand
  2. May 2, 2015
    This is a great game! I honestly don't know anyone with a Wii that doesn't have this game. The graphics are good for the Wii. The Sports are frigging awesome, especially Bowling, Golf, Frisbee, Archery, and Basketball. The Miis option or getting to play as your Mii is awesome. The controls are just right, and good. This also requires a Wii Motion Plus to play and is a great tech-demoThis is a great game! I honestly don't know anyone with a Wii that doesn't have this game. The graphics are good for the Wii. The Sports are frigging awesome, especially Bowling, Golf, Frisbee, Archery, and Basketball. The Miis option or getting to play as your Mii is awesome. The controls are just right, and good. This also requires a Wii Motion Plus to play and is a great tech-demo unlike the crappy Ninjabread Man, this game is a million times better. Wii Sports Resort is a VERY great game and I would recommend you get it before prices go up. Expand
  3. Feb 16, 2015
    This is an upgrade to Wii Sports and from what I can say, it's AWESOME!!!!!. New features such as using the Wii MotionPlus and Wuhu Island which tbh I think it's from Wii Fit as well. New sports like Wakeboarding and Table Tennis and an upgraded Bowling Alley. All of them will keep you going for hours. I never played such an amazing sports game. Wii Sports Resort deserves a 10 from me
  4. Jan 13, 2015
    Wii Sports Resort is my personal favorite game in the entire Wii series. It adds tons of new sports into the mix and adds Wii MotionPlus support. I'll be going over each sport separately.

Swordplay is sure to become an all-time classic. No, seriously, it's awesome. All you do is swing your Wii remote to fight the other player. You're standing on top of a big platform and you have to hit the other player sot that they fall into the ocean below. It's simple, it's fun, and it's everything I'd want from a sport included in this package. Score: 10/10

Wakeboarding may get old fast for some but it definitely didn't for me! I love going on the sea and doing all sorts of cool tricks to earn points. It always read my motions perfectly so I never felt cheated out of not doing a certain trick right. Score: 9/10

Frisbee is a bit tough but it's really fun once you get the hang of it. You have to throw a frisbee into a certain area so a dog can catch it. The more on target you are with the area, the more points you'll earn. There's also a Golf Frisbee mode in which the dog isn't there and you're throwing a frisbee on a golf course but I prefer dog frisbee. Score: 9/10

Archery: This definitely isn't my cup of tea but I can see how it would appeal to some. My hands shake a lot so it's hard for me to get the arrow correctly on the target. There's tons of variety in this mode though. You can shoot fruit from a distance so it's pretty good if you're looking for replay value. It's just not my personal favorite. Score: 8/10

Basketball: This one's pretty fun if you're playing it with another actual person. Playing with the CPU can get pretty tough at times but if you want to get a higher skill level, that's your chance. Basketball can be very simple once you get the hang of it and it's one of my favorites. Score: 9/10

Table Tennis: I don't know how much fun I had with this one but I know it was a lot! Table Tennis, or Ping Pong, has a lot of modes. You can play against a friend or against a CPU or you can see how many times you can hit the Ping Pong ball back and forth before you stop! This mode is so addictive I can't even express it in words! Score: 10/10

Golf: It's about as good as it was in the original Wii Sports, which wasn't that good. I don't really enjoy it that much. It's slow-paced and kind of boring. Score: 6/10

Bowling: It's about as good as it was in the original Wii Sports, which was excellent. Wii Sports Resort has revealed with its MotionPlus technology that my bowling ball throwing isn't as good as I thought it was. Still, bowling is super enjoyable and I love it! The 100-pin bowling is a nice twist that's also pretty fun. Score: 10/10

Power Cruising: Um...no comment. Score: 3/10 (I'm sorry, I'm just terrible and can never get the controls for this game).

Canoeing: This one's decent. I guess as you can tell, I'm not the biggest fan of water sports. This one can be pretty challenging especially when playing it with 2 players. I'm pretty sure the MotionPlus isn't reading my movements correctly on this one, but who am I to say if it is or not? Score: 4/10

Cycling: Finally, another great sport! Cycling is a combination of getting a workout and making your brain work. You have to think about how fast to go and when to stop because if you go too fast, then your Mii will start tiring out. It can be pretty tough to get to 1st place as you usually start at about 30th place or 41st place, but it's all worth it when you do! Score: 10/10

Air Sports: This group consists of dogfighting, skydiving, and island flyover. Island flyover is a masterpiece. They definitely need to make a Pilotwings Wii U now or at least an island flyover separate game. It's my favorite in the collection. Skydiving is also amazing. You have to link up with other skydivers to get more points. Dogfighting's the only sport that has to be done with two players but it's also enjoyable. Score: 10/10

Overall, I love Wii Sports Resort! There are a couple dud sports, but the ones that are great are SUPER GREAT! Swordplay, table tennis, bowling, and the air sports are definitely the best ones!
  5. Jan 11, 2015
    Wii Sports: Resort is a collection of mini-games that can be enjoyed by the family. Unlike it's predecessor, it uses the added precision of the Wii Motion Plus accessory, which effectively adds a new dimension of fun. Some of the sports are less satisfying than others, but overall sitting down with a few friends and family members can provide an engaging distraction and hearty smiles.
  6. Dec 30, 2014
    Wii Sports Resort is a very fun party game with a truly wonderful setting that really feels like an island paradise. It takes the aspects of the original game and makes them better with even more games and vastly superior controls. This is a great game with friends.
  7. Dec 20, 2014
    This game is very underrated and under-appreciated for what a genius casual game it really is. Although 80/100 for critics reviews is normally a pretty good average, in this case I would call it underrated.

The motion controls are as close to perfect as it can get with the Wii motion plus controls. Most of the games are really fun & addictive, and the game itself is timeless. Playing games like bowling with family & friends, will never cease to be fun.

This is one of the very best games available for Wii, and should definitely be regarded as such. Highly recommended!
  8. Dec 10, 2014
    A great game, hopefully it will get a re-release on the WiiU. My only problem is that it gets a little repetitive, but it's great on both 1 and 2 player. It could have used a few more sports, but anyway the game is really fun, my favorites are water skiing and fruit ninja. (cant remember their names) A must own for Wii owners
  9. Aug 13, 2014
    Hell yeah! Big N knows how to make good games, and this is an another proof to the theory. the accuracy is in it's peak thanks to the new Motion-Plus accessory and the games are mostly fun.
  10. Mar 31, 2014
    Another great sports game from Nintendo, it's just like Wii Sports but more, however as a game released in 2009 you would expect it to have online multiplayer which it does not.
  11. Oct 23, 2013
    Much better than Wii Sports. Instead of getting old in a month like Wii Sports this game can be played all year round and still be fun. Every sport is fun with the exception of cycling.
  12. Aug 26, 2013
    Wii Sports was the first game to show of the wii's motion sensing. It also made a whole lot of non-gamers actually buy a game console. But, I wasn't very impressed. Sure, it was fun, but not exactly amazing.
    Wii Sports Resort not only improves gameplay with the addition of motionplus, which is an add-on that improves motion-sensing, but has more and better minigames. I won't go through every one, but generally, Wii Sports Resort was great fun. It takes place on an idylic island setting, with beaches, ocean, sand, znd a volcano in the background. Wii Sports Resort didn't need a setting, so this is a nice touch.
    Some of the best minigames take place on the water- wakeboarding, which uses the motion sensing of the wii remote, is maybe my favourite. Another favourite is power cruising, which has you race through arches as fast as possible.
    There's also cycling, which is especially fun in multiplayer. Another great minigame lets you freely explore the island resort... on a plane. In this minigame, you can fly over places, dive down a crater, and do so much more.
    Archery is another excellent game, one of the best. Of the twelve sports, though, there are a few stinkers. Golf in the original wii sports was bad because half the time, it couldn't sense the motion properly. It returns in sport resort, and you'd think motionplus would improve it, but no. The sensing is just as bad.
    Another stinker is bowling, again copied from wii sports. But unlike wii sports, the ball moves erratically however you flick the remote. Weird that it's actually worse with motionplus.
    But overall, sports resort is a great minigame collection, and uses the wii remote in a variety of different ways. There's no online, which is a shame, but multiplayer is a complete blast. It's one of the most addictive experiences on the wii. Sadly, single player is greatly lacking, so if you for whatever reason can only play on your own, I suggest you give this a miss. But with friends, it's the ultimate party game.
  13. May 10, 2013
    If you have a large family, you will have long hours of fun. If you have not, you too little time.
  14. May 3, 2013
    Swordplay are the most popular games and there is wakeboarding, frisbee, archery, basketball, table-tennis, golf, bowling, power cruising, canoeing, cycling, airsports and even more games. My favourite of all is airsports. The reason is you get to fly all over the island and go to different islands and go to volcanoes, waterfalls and secret tunnels. Sometimes you have to try and catch anSwordplay are the most popular games and there is wakeboarding, frisbee, archery, basketball, table-tennis, golf, bowling, power cruising, canoeing, cycling, airsports and even more games. My favourite of all is airsports. The reason is you get to fly all over the island and go to different islands and go to volcanoes, waterfalls and secret tunnels. Sometimes you have to try and catch an aeroplane before it flies away.The best to play with a friend is swordplay. This will keep kids active and is enjoyable. Expand
  15. May 3, 2013
    Wii sports is a gread set of games. Especially if your an active person. These are great in-door activities. you can do it in the confort of your own home especially if youdon't like people watching you while you excercise.
  16. Mar 25, 2013
    Not bad, but there are a few aspects of the game that aren't preferable.
  17. Mar 14, 2013
    Whilst the mini games are good fun for a while and this pack-in gives a much better amount of content then the original Wii Sports did, It's hard to recommend it when the mini-games lose there appeal pretty quickly, If you enjoyed the original Wii Sports then this is worth a pick up, but make sure you have a group of people willing to play with you or this will not last you long at all.
  18. Jan 23, 2013
    It is a buggy and annoying game. You need the Wii MotionPlus to do Air Sports and multi player. The golf is bad since you can't hit the ball unless you try 3 times. The only good things are the new sports like sword fighting. This is a poorly average game and wont make enough fun.
  19. Nov 19, 2012
    The options are fun and endless for the whole family
  20. Jan 21, 2012
    This how Wii Sports should have been to start with, but instead you have to pay extra for the dumb wiimote+ thing that should have been implemented in the wiimote back in 2006. There is more content than in the original, and the controls finally works. The price is what brings it down, and there isn't really much depth in the game once you have played for a few mediocre hours.
  21. Dec 25, 2011
    The rise of motion gaming has met a new peak. Wii Sports Resort is a multiplayer dream come true. The best mini game compilation on Wii. There are games within this one that you will play until your arm is in pain and there are the lackluster ones you will probably never play again. Yet there is a game here for anybody who wants to use a Wii Remote to it's full power.
  22. Nov 25, 2011
    The game has more sports than the original, first of all. But, a few aren't filling up to their potential. Like the Frisbee games. The controller can be unresponsive in a few sports, but the game is AWESOME anyhow!! An extremely fun and addictive game that comes with your newly purchased Wii, with hours of fun and nail-biting gameplay!
  23. Oct 18, 2011
    great game, but i dont know why you wouldnt just go play proper sports for the ones that you like, except maybe wakeboarding...

so a 91% for meh then
  24. Aug 24, 2011
    Even with more sports and more variety , it isn't so surprising as the first days in comparison to the original, while it does nice moments, it doesn't reach explosive expectations, just decent to the end.
  25. Mar 20, 2011
    i never actually could get into the game and even if i did there are only a couple of levels to each sport and you can beat them all pretty quickly and they just begin to get repetitive and i think it is a good idea but they should have added more levels to each sport
  26. Mar 3, 2011
    I would only recommend this game to people who like having fun.
    GRAPHICS: It looks like a Wii game. Either you like the cartoony look or you seethe with anger that your character doesn't have 60,000 strands of hair moving seamlessly or whatever. Personally I side with the former. 7/10
    I would only recommend this game to people who like having fun.
    ADVENTURE: Not much to talk about here. Learning and mastering each game is fun. Playing with friends is funner. Forcing your smug friend who is too good to wear wrist weights is funnest. 7/10
    MECHANICS: Great! Resort really shows what Motion Plus can do. 10/10
    EXTRAS: This game really delivers on the promise of what Wii is supposed to be. Not as revolutionary as the original Wii Sports, but a worthy sequel that improves on just about every aspect of the game. 9/10
  27. Jan 9, 2011
    Best $50 I ever spent on my Wii and comes with a free (required) remote / controller. Hours and hours of fun for non-gamers (intended market) and even hard-core gamers can find something among the 12 games.

Each game has "sub-games" and after you think you've gotten pretty good at it, there are some very difficult "stamps" to earn. If you're OCD like me, you'll enjoy collecting all the "points of interest" in the flight simulator, and while you're exploring that game, go ahead and shoot the white balloons. It remembers which ones you've hit... Some of the games require 2 remotes for 2 players, other games you can share.

You definitely need to wear your wrist strap for some of these games, like frisbee golf. Another pointer: if you find steering the jet ski or wake-board difficult, be sure you are tilting the remotes, not just moving them up and down. The remote steers by sensing the TILT, not the height or separation.

Nintendo has re-invented the Wii. Just add a small device to existing remote / controller, you get far more accurate input. Down-side is that games must be re-written to take advantage of the new sensitivity. I hope it catches on with developers. There is a wikipedia article that lists games which take advantage of the new technology.
  28. Nov 12, 2010
    At first there seems like a lot to do in this game, but after a few play through's you realize that you keep coming back to only one or two games you really like. I was really disappointed with how little archery levels there was to play since its the most enjoyable part. I could imagine a whole Zelda style adventure game based around the swordplay and archery mechanic. Slicing and dicingAt first there seems like a lot to do in this game, but after a few play through's you realize that you keep coming back to only one or two games you really like. I was really disappointed with how little archery levels there was to play since its the most enjoyable part. I could imagine a whole Zelda style adventure game based around the swordplay and archery mechanic. Slicing and dicing is very satisfying, hence I think why games like Fruit Ninja on iphone sell so well. Simple satisfaction. Expand
  29. Nov 6, 2010
    Wii Sports Resort is an amazing game for all of the family to enjoy. There's a wide range of games meaning there is definitely something for each member of the family to enjoy. I've spent hours and hours competing against numerous members of my family. Highly recommendable game.
  30. Oct 19, 2010
    The first Wii Sports Resort was fun but quickly got old. This game offers twelve sports which are a mixed bag. Air Sports, Archery, and Bowling are the winners for amazing controls with the new Wii MotionPlus and great gameplay. Everything else is either so-so or a complete waste of time. The game has stamps, like Xbox achievements, but no online play. Overall, Wii Sports Resort is prettyThe first Wii Sports Resort was fun but quickly got old. This game offers twelve sports which are a mixed bag. Air Sports, Archery, and Bowling are the winners for amazing controls with the new Wii MotionPlus and great gameplay. Everything else is either so-so or a complete waste of time. The game has stamps, like Xbox achievements, but no online play. Overall, Wii Sports Resort is pretty fun and holds up for a longer period of time than the original. However, don't expect the Wii MotionPlus to fix bad gameplay and design. Expand
  31. Sep 6, 2010
    A fantastic upgrade from wii sports with 12 different sports to master and get the hang of, however can get a little boring after about 3 or maybe 4 hours. A great game using the wii motion plus to its full potential with its own unique options like using the mii contest channel mii to play against.
  32. Sep 2, 2010
    Wii Sports resort is what the Wii is about. The motion controls are perfect and I only wish more games would take advantage of Wii Motion Plus. It is what Wii Sports should have been. It follows the same design as Wii Sports for better or for worse. So of the games on it aren't that great, but others, like Ping Pong, Sword Fighting, Jet Skiing, Golf, Frisbee, and Archery are all top notch.Wii Sports resort is what the Wii is about. The motion controls are perfect and I only wish more games would take advantage of Wii Motion Plus. It is what Wii Sports should have been. It follows the same design as Wii Sports for better or for worse. So of the games on it aren't that great, but others, like Ping Pong, Sword Fighting, Jet Skiing, Golf, Frisbee, and Archery are all top notch. I could play ping pong of hours on end. Expand
  33. Aug 23, 2010
    This game was not as good as the first one. Yes it has more sports, yes it has better graphics, but there arn't very many fun games. Sword fighting is fun, so is basketball, but pingpong is just minature tennis, for some reason they mest up golf, wake bording is not fun, throwing a frisby is not fun, Archery is pretty fun, Biking sucks, sky diving sucks, flying a plane sucks, bowling isThis game was not as good as the first one. Yes it has more sports, yes it has better graphics, but there arn't very many fun games. Sword fighting is fun, so is basketball, but pingpong is just minature tennis, for some reason they mest up golf, wake bording is not fun, throwing a frisby is not fun, Archery is pretty fun, Biking sucks, sky diving sucks, flying a plane sucks, bowling is exactly the same as the first one which is good, kyaking sucks, boating sucks. 4 of these games are fun the rest suck. I give it a 7 out of 10 Expand
  34. Aug 19, 2010
    What a game!What fun to be had here.I was a little skeptical going into this game because of Wii sports.It was kinda a title that was there a promised things but didn't deliver them like it should of.This game does it all and is hard to stop playing,even playing solo.That's the mark of a great game because everything just isn't multiplayer,you always have to kick up the solo experienceWhat a game!What fun to be had here.I was a little skeptical going into this game because of Wii sports.It was kinda a title that was there a promised things but didn't deliver them like it should of.This game does it all and is hard to stop playing,even playing solo.That's the mark of a great game because everything just isn't multiplayer,you always have to kick up the solo experience because everyone's tastes are different.This game is a blast and my favorite is 100 pin bowling,I could never get tired of that.Great game Nintendo!! Expand
  35. Aug 14, 2010
    This game is truly great. I think it shows off Motion Plus brilliantly and it's alot of fun too, with way more sports (and accuracy) than the original, it's defenitely a big improvement. I reccomed it.
  36. SuperRater
    Jan 11, 2010
    This game takes Wii Sports to a whole new level!!! The new Wii MotionPlus makes things a little more interesting to. With the new accessory to the game following your every move makes this game a nearly perfect one,and I said nearly perfect. The new swordfighting, basketball, and other games are fun but it gets a little old after a while. Basketball could use better movement and the sword This game takes Wii Sports to a whole new level!!! The new Wii MotionPlus makes things a little more interesting to. With the new accessory to the game following your every move makes this game a nearly perfect one,and I said nearly perfect. The new swordfighting, basketball, and other games are fun but it gets a little old after a while. Basketball could use better movement and the sword fighting could use something more like a campaign than just a showdown where you just fight a whole bunch of different Miis. Plus, the game could really use an online multiplayer and leaderboards. To be able to sword fight with someone else other than the computer and post your best scores against your friends would be really nice. Don't get me wrong this game is really fun to play, and even funner with people, but it lacks the single player value that so many other games have. That is why I give this game about a 9. Expand
  37. NathanD
    Dec 22, 2009
    It's a great game, and WMP delivers as promised. I really hope more games require the WMP and it becomes part of the future bundle (maybe even integrated into future Wiimote designs) because otherwise this is just going to be Yet Another One-Trick Nintendo Peripheral Gimmick, like the Power Glove, the robot, the super scope, the wii blaster, etc. etc. etc.
  38. JoshH
    Oct 15, 2009
    Even though it's a fun game, it suffers the same thing the first Wii Sports had. It's great at first but it gets old extremely quickly. The single player modes leave nothing to the imagination.
  39. TomTodd
    Sep 26, 2009
    So this game came out July 22. I recently purchased it and I gotta say, I wasn
  40. AtticusM.
    Sep 22, 2009
    Nearly flawless. Just two problems, one of which being a couple of games are just pointless (hint hint CYCLING hint hint), and it would be nice if there were online leaderboards and multiplayer. but the replay value of this game is great. Nintendo has done it once again, using just the right tone of lighting and texture in the graphics, and the perfect sensitivity of the new Wii Nearly flawless. Just two problems, one of which being a couple of games are just pointless (hint hint CYCLING hint hint), and it would be nice if there were online leaderboards and multiplayer. but the replay value of this game is great. Nintendo has done it once again, using just the right tone of lighting and texture in the graphics, and the perfect sensitivity of the new Wii MotionPlus. WHEW! Awesome. Expand
  41. NathalieB.
    Sep 21, 2009
    Motion plus works VERY well. Unfortunately many of these wonderful 'ideas' (games) lose their appeal all too quickly as there's yet again no on-line play. And things can be pretty boring too as the opening 10-20 contests for some games (like pingpong, swordfighting and basketball) are dominated by rather weak AI opponents. Ping pong opponents show little variety in their Motion plus works VERY well. Unfortunately many of these wonderful 'ideas' (games) lose their appeal all too quickly as there's yet again no on-line play. And things can be pretty boring too as the opening 10-20 contests for some games (like pingpong, swordfighting and basketball) are dominated by rather weak AI opponents. Ping pong opponents show little variety in their gameplay. My favs are basketball 3-on-3 and rowing. Golf is nice too, but Tiger woods 10 is even better. Expand
  42. NeonA
    Sep 18, 2009
    its useless when you are alone (which was to be expected, so im not even taking any points off for that!) Im also not comparing to other games, just compared to what it has to offer compared to Wii Sports The Wii motion plus really doesnt provide as much extra sensitivity as expected, it still will give the wrong inputs often which get really annoying if you are trying to block someone in its useless when you are alone (which was to be expected, so im not even taking any points off for that!) Im also not comparing to other games, just compared to what it has to offer compared to Wii Sports The Wii motion plus really doesnt provide as much extra sensitivity as expected, it still will give the wrong inputs often which get really annoying if you are trying to block someone in the fencing who keeps hitting your right side. The accuracy match is fun, but makes it extra annoying when it does the movement entirely wrong to what you do (like if oyu do left to right and it does right to left) In terms of longevity once you have played all the events a few times, it really starts to get boring, especially since most of your friends will just spam swing their wii mote around in the fencing contest which defeats the entire purpose of the wii mote plus. the basketball shots game is also not nice at all, if you try to shoot it like a real basketball you will fail entirely, one of my friends figured out that you can just flick the wii mote and it will score almost all the time, lame to say the least... the programming is also a bit flawed on some of the other mini-games, such as kajaking, as the wii mote isnt sensitive enough to detect how far up and down you move the mote, you will find the paddleing often not doing what you want it to do and what you are doing, they should have added a better filter algorythm so that it would automatically pull up more after you complete a full paddle. All in all a lacluster and frustrating experience which awards players who use lame tactics to win and penalises players for trying to play the games as if it were real life. Expand
  43. GraemeClarke
    Sep 14, 2009
    I'm almost 60 and I like the"Cardio-vascular" workout that most of these games give me.
    The only reason I could not give it a ten was for the fact that you cannot go on-line and play it with the Grand kids.
    I'd especially recommend WII for anybody my age for fitness workouts
  44. HollieB
    Aug 10, 2009
    This game is like wii sports, only one-thousend times better. Once i started playing this game i never wanted to turn it off. the only bad thing is that you need 2 wii motion plus accesories to play a 2 player game, and the same for a 3 or 4 player game. though some games like golf and bowling are already on wii sports, i would recommend this game ot anyone as it is way better.
  45. TitaniumDragon
    Aug 9, 2009
    The Wii Motion Plus sensor is awesome... assuming anything other than this ever uses it. The games themselves are enjoyable enough, but they're not the sort of thing you play for hours on end. Rather, they're something you play for an hour when your friends come over, or a half hour when you're bored and have nothing better to do. Swordfighting is quite enjoyable, as are The Wii Motion Plus sensor is awesome... assuming anything other than this ever uses it. The games themselves are enjoyable enough, but they're not the sort of thing you play for hours on end. Rather, they're something you play for an hour when your friends come over, or a half hour when you're bored and have nothing better to do. Swordfighting is quite enjoyable, as are the frisbee games, the new golf courses, and archery. Bowling is just like it was on the original... which is to say, perfectly fine but it gets monotonous after a while. Which is to some degree true of all of the games. The only game which isn't much fun is cycling, which is an awful lot of effort for something which really isn't all that enjoyable. That said, a lot are pretty much throwaway games you'll only play a few times. I really hope that they don't use the plane controls for another game though, as they were not very good. It had trouble detecting me jerking the wiimote forward (or backward) repeatedly. Overall, a fine game, but nothing extraordinary. If stuff actually uses the Wii Motion Sensor Plus, I'd say you should buy this without a second thought, but if nothing does, its a more questionable purchase. Expand
  46. ShawnL
    Aug 5, 2009
    Wii Sports Resort is obviously a better and more in depth experience than Wii Sports. Swordplay is probably the game that best shows the capabilities of WiiMotionPlus and is probably the best overall game of the bunch. Archery is the second best game and also shows MotionPlus's capabilities very well. Table Tennis and Basketball are my two other favorites simply because they are very Wii Sports Resort is obviously a better and more in depth experience than Wii Sports. Swordplay is probably the game that best shows the capabilities of WiiMotionPlus and is probably the best overall game of the bunch. Archery is the second best game and also shows MotionPlus's capabilities very well. Table Tennis and Basketball are my two other favorites simply because they are very addicting. You can't really say that any of the games are bad it's just that some are clearly better than others. Overall, it is a very fun game that shows the incredible precision of WiiMotionPlus and anyone who wants to have alot of fun should for sure buy this game. Expand
  47. ShawnP
    Jul 31, 2009
    More like an 8.5. The only really bad mini-game in the pack is cycling. The rest manage to be either really fun, highly average, or average. I spend most of my time on Basketball, Bowling, Canoeing, Swordplay, and Table Tennis which are in my opinion the best.
  48. superbrothersthe1console
    Jul 31, 2009
    Wii Sports Resort & MotionPlus deliver beautifully on the initial promise of the Wii. Miyamoto-san's EAD development team have been creating highly accessible, well crafted living room experiences for more than thirty years, producing classics like Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pikmin & Wii Sports. Wii Sports Resort stands proudly among them - it's Wii Sports Resort & MotionPlus deliver beautifully on the initial promise of the Wii. Miyamoto-san's EAD development team have been creating highly accessible, well crafted living room experiences for more than thirty years, producing classics like Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pikmin & Wii Sports. Wii Sports Resort stands proudly among them - it's incredible, unmissable, a surefire hit. Expand
  49. Jamesd.
    Jul 30, 2009
    Resort improves on the original in every way possible, from controls to sheer breadth of gameplay. Some of the games are hit-or-miss (canoeing...), but most are great (swordplay). If you have a few people who are willing to play with you, or you want to try out the motion plus, this is a great option.
  50. JasonT
    Jul 28, 2009
    Much like Wii Sports was and is the bar setter for what was capable in gaming with motion control, Wii Sports Resort does the same with the Motion Plus accessory and sets that bar a little bit higher. All the games are fun, some will like a few of them more than others but in the end this isnt the game you pass up, this is a must have for any wii owner.
  51. Darvin
    Jul 28, 2009
    -Archery and Swordplay are great and the control is very good. -The controls for ping-pong(table tennis) are aggravating until you get used to them but it works out fairly well. -The disc games seem to work better and are actually easier with manual control of the release. So much for beginner controls. -The airplane games are meh, but it is very fun to explore the island for a diversion. -Archery and Swordplay are great and the control is very good. -The controls for ping-pong(table tennis) are aggravating until you get used to them but it works out fairly well. -The disc games seem to work better and are actually easier with manual control of the release. So much for beginner controls. -The airplane games are meh, but it is very fun to explore the island for a diversion. (Try flying through the caves and tunnels). - The re-dos of Golf and Bowling are great and I like that you can play a whole 18 holes of golf now. -Cycling is just annoying and repetitive -The rest of the games are not too terribly note-worthy but worth playing a few times. Overall the game is worth buying for the price because it includes a Motion+ with it. Worth buying together with Tiger Woods Golf. The M+ accessory itself adds extra length to the Wiimote. That's a pretty good hidden-feature if you have larger hands. Expand
  52. anotherdad
    Jul 28, 2009
    The sword fighting and the archery alone make this game worth the purchase. At first I wasn't sure about their implementation of the sword play, but after spending some time playing it, it now makes perfect sense. Pick up this game you won't be disappointed, the wii motion plus is a blast.
  53. SeanA
    Jul 27, 2009
    A collection of gimmicky shallow games. Save yourself the money unless your a die hard fan, in which case you've already bought it.
  54. JoeC
    Jul 26, 2009
    This improves on the original in every single way. It has twelve different games, each with two or three different game modes, and none seem tacked on or redundant.
  55. NickL
    Jul 26, 2009
    Great collection of 12 games which take the original to the next level. Most of the games and various versions to play to increase the game counts much more. Various difficulties allow both beginner and novice players to enjoy.
  56. JadaS
    Jul 26, 2009
    Good set of mini games and since it includes the Wii Motion Plus, it is a great pick up. The games, while fun and somewhat addicting, are pretty shallow and you will max out the "upgraded" features fairly quick. My own problem is that bowling, golf, Frisbee golf and tennis can all be found on other games so you really are only getting 8 or 9 new experiences.
  57. Nov 25, 2011

But even without that crucial feature, Wii Sports Resort still feels like an accomplishment, not only because it offers a fun and accessible experience built around the MotionPlus attachment, but because it may very well renew optimism in those jaded by the lackluster motion controls seen over the last couple years.
    Just as Wii Sports was exactly what Nintendo needed to help shift units when the Wii launched so too Wii Sports Resort proves to be a perfect advert for MotionPlus as well as still being a cracking game in its own right.
  3. With more than double the games and a new level of accuracy, Wii Sports Resort was worth the wait.