6.5

1. [anonymous]
    Sep 3, 2009
    ruled back in the day. rules now. need to rerelease this game compleatly updated for today's consoles.
  2. ChriisS
    Sep 10, 2009
    Altered Beast was one heck of a hard game when it first came out way back in the day. I still have my copy on Genesis, so I won't be buying the arcade release. I hate when people give some of the old school games bad reviews because they had basic collision detection and rudimentary controls... These games are old people, rate them accordingly. I give the game an 8 because it was Altered Beast was one heck of a hard game when it first came out way back in the day. I still have my copy on Genesis, so I won't be buying the arcade release. I hate when people give some of the old school games bad reviews because they had basic collision detection and rudimentary controls... These games are old people, rate them accordingly. I give the game an 8 because it was challenging and it did have some great sound effects. It is definitely a game that still comes to mind some times and I found it enjoyable. The game however was not in my top 5 Genesis titles so I can't give it higher than an 8. See more of my reviews at http:\dkgamestudios.blogspot.com Expand
  3. ChrisT
    Sep 16, 2009
    yeah i know 10 out of 10 is a little much but i am not comparing it to new games. i remember getting this game off a friend for sega genisis. and i still have it. it is just real old fun. i really like the level when you get to turn into bears!!!
  4. Oct 20, 2010
    Best of the classic sega games. Really, best of MOST classic arcade games... don't know what these other idiot's are talking about. Other than not really recognizing a true CLASSIC anyway!
  5. May 4, 2012
    This game is a classic title and was one of the best arcades in existence back in it's day. It's port was every kid's reason for buying a Sega Genesis. IGN is the **** of gaming websites and their 'journalism' is not to be trusted here. You can't review a classic title made available for cheap download by modern day standards. They should have their card pulled. 10.

Altered Beast is a relic of the arcade heyday that just doesn't hold up today.
  2. The graphics are horrible, and made even worse by that hellish "smoothing" filter. Your powered-up hero has a bulky weightlifter's body with a tiny comedy head on top, while enemy designs are lumpy and ugly.
    A quick time diversion and better left for those with strong nostalgic memories only.