AMY Xbox 360

3.9

1. Jan 23, 2012
    Amy isn't a great Blockbuster... So what ? It deserves to be ridiculised like this? This is stupid.
    Amy surely deserves a 6 or a seven, at least cause it tries something different from the mainstream audience. I give a 10 just for balancing the incredibly syupid bad notations. Giving Amy a 2 or 3 is arguiying that the game is worst by far from Chopplifter HD that is a real bad game. So wake up guys!!!
  2. Jan 16, 2012
    Let me start by saying that this game is not a 10--I gave a 10 to even out some of these ridiculous scores. Ok, on to the actual review. Amy is a game with great ideas and gameplay concepts that are interesting and fresher than most of the full games being released for $60. The atmosphere is good, and the music sound effects tie in well. It hits the survival horror vibe quite nicely,Let me start by saying that this game is not a 10--I gave a 10 to even out some of these ridiculous scores. Ok, on to the actual review. Amy is a game with great ideas and gameplay concepts that are interesting and fresher than most of the full games being released for $60. The atmosphere is good, and the music sound effects tie in well. It hits the survival horror vibe quite nicely, and that is a blessing considering this genre has lost its way since Resident Evil decided to go "Action Adventure". The story is interesting and well told, but the voice acting is a bit spotty (not bad overall, I'm just pointing out everything that I can). Here is where it gets bad--this game runs like **** Choppy, low frame rates...screen tearing...texture popping...oh my. However, it in no way makes the game unplayable. Now on to the controls/gameplay. Control layout is good, but the movement can be a little awkward--I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing because it gives the game a sense of struggle. What I mean is if the movement/controls were super sharp, you would be able to just "game" your way through--I know it's a game, but similar to a game called Heavy Rain, the controls were purposely made awkward, so that you couldn't just game your way through and you were drawn into the struggle and difficulty of making choices and surviving under pressure. For that reason, I do not mind the awkward movement.

The fighting is simplistic, but works--I actually prefer the simple layout here because I'm trying to survive as a normal person in the game. The main character is not some bad ass, so simple hit the zombie controls work for me. The puzzles can be a pushover and some feel out of place leaving you wondering why it even exists, but it does have a throw-back Resident Evil feel at times (which is good).

The graphics are pretty damn good for a 1.5 gig game. They were going for a realistic approach, so, of course, with that size this game doesn't look like Uncharted--it does have good enough graphics to draw you in and enjoy the game. The graphics are not unbearable or anything like that. They could have achieved a much more polished look by changing the art style to something less realistic, but that would have taken away from the survival horror atmosphere, so I think they made the right choice.

Content is a little lacking--campaign is short as expected for a download title, but they could have done some things to draw out some extra gameplay time, such as game modes like time attack, etc. Shame that they didn't include something else, but overall the experience of the game is worth the $10 (in my opinion).

Overall this game is an experience of wanting more: more gameplay, more graphics, more performance, but in the end it still delivers a fresh gameplay experience that is different than most things on the market. I think this game's concept and ambition would have been fully realized with a properly funded development for a full disc based title--I'm kind of sad that it was limited to less than a couple gigs as a download title. With the reviews being so horrible, I doubt we'll see a full disc based sequel or any sequel for that matter, but what a shame--it could have been brilliant. I do predict that we will see a rip-off version of this in the next couple years that takes some of these great concepts and puts them to good use.

In closing: This game isn't even as close to as bad as the critics and user reviews might lead you to believe. If you are a classic survival horror fan--you should definitely check this title out. If you are a casual fan of the genre--give the demo a try. If you are uninterested in the genre--there's nothing here that will change your mind, so stay clear. Demos are free, so do yourself a favor if you are even slightly interested and give it a try (that's what I did and I ended up purchasing). My real score is a 7 out of 10 (as a $10 download game).
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    This is another futile crusade. A little stupid and fiercely honest. Amy will also be a mediocre game. But definitely not a game 2. Why this stubbornness? It costs $ 9, you can use the easy mode. And I think it's smart not to be against a game that has decent ideas. Poor? Okay. 1 or 2? Ridiculous.
  4. Jan 11, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game. It took me about 5 hours to complete it and it was enjoyable. Tho the game does have it's fair share of problems: easy puzzles, awkward movement and a not so interesting story. What made me enjoy it was the characters and setting. Having to protect this little girl named Amy while facing a zombie infestation makes for a interesting game. It's only $10 andI really enjoyed this game. It took me about 5 hours to complete it and it was enjoyable. Tho the game does have it's fair share of problems: easy puzzles, awkward movement and a not so interesting story. What made me enjoy it was the characters and setting. Having to protect this little girl named Amy while facing a zombie infestation makes for a interesting game. It's only $10 and for that much you'll easily get your money's worth, unless you're picky with your games. If you still don't trust me you can at least try the trial versions to see if you enjoy it. Expand
  5. Mar 25, 2012
    Amy is a good game with interesting graphics. Cheap price, so buy it. It may also tempt the PC version. Super action adventure game. It is one of the best games we played in my life. Played several times in the demo version. I like the main character Lana, who cares for the girl Amy and must protect her from monsters. The game creates a great atmosphere and very nice graphics thatAmy is a good game with interesting graphics. Cheap price, so buy it. It may also tempt the PC version. Super action adventure game. It is one of the best games we played in my life. Played several times in the demo version. I like the main character Lana, who cares for the girl Amy and must protect her from monsters. The game creates a great atmosphere and very nice graphics that captivate me. The game keeps the suspense. The game is fun on easy mode. At other levels (Normal, Hard) is a little unfinished in my opinion. Great idea for a game, just a pity that the poor performance. But I like this game. The game is interesting and well worth the play. I recommend it. My rating: 8/10. :) Expand
  6. Jan 20, 2012
    Aroma old schoo total , survival horror. La gente no tiene ni idea, ven que tiene algun fallo brusco en el motoro y se olvidan lo que ofrece realmente este juego.

Es lo mas cercano a un SIlent Hill, es grandioso, ambientacion de autentico lujo.

Crea una atmofera de 10.
  7. Jan 17, 2012
    GOTY
    This is a game for the TRUE gamers aka not Nintendo or Xbox kids.. It is hard and punishing like Dark Souls, but just as rewarding. You need to be a master player like me to full appreciate te depth and complexity this game has to offer.
  8. Feb 15, 2012
    I play the ps3 version, i haven't experience glitches, the controls could be better, but its a good game, 2 o 3 is really A unfair score , this game is not only a challenge but also fresh air when everybody is making shooters or the 6,7 or 13 version of some games . vector cell please make the second game
  9. Jun 1, 2013
    This game is not that bad. I did like it a lot, it was very challenging where you had to think and do stuff by trail and error that made the game never got boring for a second you are always trying to figure out what to do or get pass monsters and the military soldiers, it was fun. It felt like the old games were it was challenging with trail and error fun, it sort of felt like aThis game is not that bad. I did like it a lot, it was very challenging where you had to think and do stuff by trail and error that made the game never got boring for a second you are always trying to figure out what to do or get pass monsters and the military soldiers, it was fun. It felt like the old games were it was challenging with trail and error fun, it sort of felt like a Playstation or old PC game because of the low graphics but the characters look fantastic the graphics are not that bad.

There are lots of glitches in the game but it's not to bad that it will make you want to turn of the game. The controls are not that bad, the gameplay is like a true survival horror game with surviving skills such as hiding or sneaking pass soldiers or monsters, i like it how you die with in one hit by a big monster or a military solider shooting you it feels more realistic and challenging.

The best aspects of the game is the characters themselves, the little girl 'Amy' and guardian/carer Lana how their is this special bond between them and that you have to protect this innocent little girl all the time and staying beside her or holding her hand because if you leave her behind then Lana will die and it's game over because Lana is infected by that virus and by having Amy with you she has got psychic healing powers so you stay safe with her, a nice bonding throughout the game i like it.

I am only on chapter 2 at the moment and look forward finishing this game, it's additive and fun to play.

This game is very very underrated and should be rated higher like at least a 6.0 by gamespot, ign and every other game site.

By the way I own the patched version as I just downloaded this game yesterday, I read that lots of improvements were made, the game saves in lots of areas during the chapter and when you die or turn off the game it starts from your last checkpoint when playing it again. Maybe if people played this with the patch it would get a better score.

I rate this game a 8.0/10 minimum, Until i finish this game i will rate it but nothing less than 8.0. cheers

1. CD-Action
    Mar 13, 2012
    It has a certain old school charm and a couple of really good ideas, but it's also rather ugly, repetitive and tiring. [April 2012, p.82]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Mar 10, 2012
    Intense, riveting, terrifying and masterful are just a few of the words we wouldn't use to describe Amy. One of the worst games on Xbox Live Arcade. [Issue#82, p.102]
  3. Games Master UK
    Feb 15, 2012
    Everything good about Amy is undone by laborious puzzles and miserable controls. [March 2012, p.95]