7.0

1. Oct 10, 2013
    This game is old school fun... I picked it up because my friend said he played the original version and the EX was supposed to have more gameplay. I agree that soundtrack kicks butt- and couldn't put the game down until I finished it. I just wish it was even longer.
  2. Oct 10, 2013
    ARES isn't perfect- but is perfect for what it IS. The game is a fun ride that doesn't coddle the player, but gives a sense of accomplishment when you do succeed. Pick it up and rock out with the soundtrack.
  3. Oct 12, 2013
    Solid. Ignore the haters. This is a throwback to games when they were less forgiving. If you can't handle a moderate challenge this may not be for you. However, if you want a decent romp definitely pick this one up.
  4. Oct 14, 2013
    My BF bought it, and I find myself playing it more than he does. I feel a little badly about that. It is really simple and fun to play. I'm torn whether I like playing as ARES or Tarus more.

Off-pissing checkpoints aside, it's slick and grueling old-school for the 'core. [Christmas 2013, p.107]
  2. Oct 10, 2013
    It does have it’s moments of difficulty, but fans of side-scrolling shooters looking for a decent romp through a Mega Man-esque experience should take a look at A.R.E.S.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    This isn’t what I’d label a long-lasting or memorable experience by any means, but if you’re hankering for some old-school 16-bit action this week, it’s worth the $14.99 asking price.