8.3

1. Nov 20, 2010
    AC:Brother Hood is nothing short from amazing as Ezio is back in this spectacular sequel to AC 2. It has a good story and and enough content to keep you going fro ages with there being even more new and exciting things to do around Roma whether that be an assassination or scaling up to the top of the Colosseum. The games combat is basically the same as it was in AC 2 but that doesn't meanAC:Brother Hood is nothing short from amazing as Ezio is back in this spectacular sequel to AC 2. It has a good story and and enough content to keep you going fro ages with there being even more new and exciting things to do around Roma whether that be an assassination or scaling up to the top of the Colosseum. The games combat is basically the same as it was in AC 2 but that doesn't mean it isn't satisfying considering the vast array of wepons you can use hell you can even use a broom, the climbing however has changed slightly requiring you to be more precise with where you are going, but tbh it rarely does what you want and the climbing is a lot less fluent as it was in AC 2 which is a major disappointment.

Graphics are breathtaking on the environment as every detail is captured perfectly, but the graphics on the face aren't done that well and the splash effect on the water is badly done, the water itself is done really well though. Sound is as authentic as it gets with the Italian voice acting and every step move and crumble of a cliff when you scale it is captured perfectly.

The multiplayer although I haven't got the chance to play it can be nothing but a bonus from what I have heard and due to this being the only pure action adventure game with multiplayer on the 360 is worth buying on its own it probably rivals Uncharted's multiplayer
  2. Nov 16, 2010
    Wow!!! Incredible game. Brought everything back that you loved from AC 1+2, and got rid of everything you hated. Well placed new features, such as new weapon choices. Well developed story. Multiplayer is just perfect for this game. None other like it and it will keep you wanting to play it for years to come.
  3. Jan 27, 2011
    The team at Ubisoft Montreal really nailed implementation of a new and great multiplayer experience. The premise of the AC: Brotherhood multiplayer is that you are one of six to eight Abstergio Templars placed into the animus for "employee training". There are several settings (some unlockable) and multiplayer modes. I have only played the "WANTED" scenario although there are also teamThe team at Ubisoft Montreal really nailed implementation of a new and great multiplayer experience. The premise of the AC: Brotherhood multiplayer is that you are one of six to eight Abstergio Templars placed into the animus for "employee training". There are several settings (some unlockable) and multiplayer modes. I have only played the "WANTED" scenario although there are also team scenarios.

in WANTED, you and the other players are playing against each other, but only one specific player is your target. Other Templars may also be after your target (I think the number of pursuers go up the higher the player's killing streak). Your objective is to take out your target (in the most covert manner) before any other pursuers do and before any of your pursuers take you out. It's basically 100 points for a kill or for a successful escape plus bonuses for finess such as killing from a crouching position, from being hidden, from three levels of covertness, and a host of other bonuses. Plus there are bonuses for using a variety of different bonus methods.

There are a limited number of character models in the game, so there are plenty of other NPCs wandering around who look exactly like your target and who look like you. This can be used to your advantage. You can hide in a group of NPCs where one or more of the characters looks exactly like you. If your pursuer kills the wrong target, he loses his contract on you and is penalized for a few seconds as a new target is picked for him.

There are quite a few unlockables that includes weapons (such as the hidden gun and throwing knives, perks (you start out with the ability to change into another character model for a time), and characters you can play. There are challenges with multiple levels that can also award you experience. I think I like it because it takes patience and the typical Call of Duty techniques don't work. The "run-and-gun" method fails, because as soon as your target catches wind that you are on their tail, they start running and often escape. The camping method doesn't work because there are always one or more templars after your ass and you are a sitting duck if you don't keep moving. It takes real finess to score a lot of points, not just a bunch of kills. You will often find that the leader does not have the highest number of kills. The dynamics of a Renaissance city filled with people not only adds to the experience, it is key to gameplay. The cities are complex and beautiful. The presense of perhaps dozens of NPCs identical to each player makes it very challenging. When your "radar" shows that you are within a few meters of your target, there could be several others who look exactly like him and you must take out the right one. Or your target could be disguised to look like someone else. Or they could use the "morph" unlockable in which they stand in a group of NPCs and everyone in that group looks identical. There is a large sense of satisfaction from seeing the message that "your pursuer killed a civilian" and, perhaps, some points to go along with it if it was your cleverness that caused it.

I didn't plan on writing a mini-review of AC: Brotherhood Multiplayer. , but I guess that's kind of what this is. Still haven't touched the single player campaign and I won't until I get past that stupid capture-the-flag challenge at the Venice carnival in Assassin's Creed II. Nor have I tried the other multiplayer scenarios other than "wanted".

I can recommend AC: Brotherhood simply on it's multiplayer. It is an absolute blast. Oh, and the campaign is supposed to be good too, I hear.
  4. Dec 28, 2010
    Another great addition to the Assassins creed series. The storyline is much more flexible as you dont just aimlessly assassinate every enemy you come across there is much more bulk. I also found that in the previous assassins creed once you had completed the storyline you were left with little else to do. Brotherhood has made up for this by introducing subplot based missions aswell as theAnother great addition to the Assassins creed series. The storyline is much more flexible as you dont just aimlessly assassinate every enemy you come across there is much more bulk. I also found that in the previous assassins creed once you had completed the storyline you were left with little else to do. Brotherhood has made up for this by introducing subplot based missions aswell as the return of the tomb searching. You can also hire assassins to go on mission for you and level up making you money as you progress. The online is good but not great, its something else to do if your struggling to afford another new title out this season like teenagers like myself sometimes have to do. Only critism is the ending. With out revealing anything i just think it doesn't really reflect that of what you do throughout the story but to be honest it doesn't bring the games quality down by any means. Story 85/100
    Online 60/100
    Sub plot 80/100
    overall 75/100
  5. Oct 16, 2012
    I confess, I wasn't a fan of the previous AC titles. In fact, I hated number one and played two for an hour or so. It amazes me that I'm enjoying AC Brotherhood and if it wasn't for the wife wanting the tv on, I'd be playing right now! Graphically it's top drawer, sound is deep and menacing, story (which I'm not familiar with) is interesting, controls (my biggest bug bear from AC1) areI confess, I wasn't a fan of the previous AC titles. In fact, I hated number one and played two for an hour or so. It amazes me that I'm enjoying AC Brotherhood and if it wasn't for the wife wanting the tv on, I'd be playing right now! Graphically it's top drawer, sound is deep and menacing, story (which I'm not familiar with) is interesting, controls (my biggest bug bear from AC1) are much improved (combat still confuses at times) and the setting of Rome is brimming with atmosphere. I exchanged Need For Speed Hot Pursuit for AC3 (NFSHP is one of the biggest disappointments of the year) and I'm so glad I did. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  6. Jan 26, 2011
    This game delivered in many ways to please the current fans, and added features to attract newcomers. The multi-player gives a great experience as you kill your targets, knowing that they never saw it coming, but the time it takes to find a match and load is frustrating and may discourage those who don't want to wait. The campaign delivers in side-quest but not in the experience that AC2This game delivered in many ways to please the current fans, and added features to attract newcomers. The multi-player gives a great experience as you kill your targets, knowing that they never saw it coming, but the time it takes to find a match and load is frustrating and may discourage those who don't want to wait. The campaign delivers in side-quest but not in the experience that AC2 had given. But it's still fun to find every secret that Rome has to offer. Expand
  7. Nov 16, 2010
    Been playing this since midnight. It deserves a 10. The single player campaign will take your breath away. The city is so amazing. It enhances on the graphics of AC II and it seems the AI of the guards has been greatly improved. No longer will they simply attack you one at a time. They now have the sense to rush you, It causes you to be more assassin like, and not just run in there withBeen playing this since midnight. It deserves a 10. The single player campaign will take your breath away. The city is so amazing. It enhances on the graphics of AC II and it seems the AI of the guards has been greatly improved. No longer will they simply attack you one at a time. They now have the sense to rush you, It causes you to be more assassin like, and not just run in there with your sowrd out since when facing too many people, you WILL get beat. Multiplayer is new and fresh. And a word to ApocolypseBrown, shouldn't they filter you out since yours isn't even a review? Your the one bogging everything down with reviews that aren't real. Collapse
  8. Nov 23, 2010
    This game is amazing.The diversity in gameplay,the amazing graphics and unmatched presentation gel together suprisingly well to form a game that is ac brotherhood.This is a game that no gamer should miss and a pure action adventure game that no one who is interested in the renaissance should pass on.
  9. Nov 23, 2010
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has received many improvements since its predecessor with the combat improvements and the AI, the combat now feels fluid and quick; now the enemy AI dont just sit around and wait for to finish fighting another enemy now if your in the middle of an attack or counter they will attack you. But the game does seem to be lacking in its story and there a fewAssassin's Creed Brotherhood has received many improvements since its predecessor with the combat improvements and the AI, the combat now feels fluid and quick; now the enemy AI dont just sit around and wait for to finish fighting another enemy now if your in the middle of an attack or counter they will attack you. But the game does seem to be lacking in its story and there a few 'boring' missions and I do wish there were more assassination missions in the main story, what I loved from AC2 was the assassination missions were you were killing for revenge against the people who killed your family and Ezio felt like he was determined to get revenge where as this game Ezio just seems uninspired, for me the best parts of the story were the parts were you take control of Desmond, its clear that in the sequel that you will be getting more familiar with playing as Desmond in the future games.

Another new addition to the series is multiplayer and it is great, it has a certain "Cat and Mouse" feel to it where you must hunt down other players while also being hunted yourself, in my opinion it is the best multiplayer of the year.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is an excellent game with a compelling multiplayer and some great new features, the story may not be epic as AC2 but is still a great play.
  10. Nov 24, 2010
    Best in the series. And is one of the standout titles of the year. The ambitious multiplayer component fuses together surprisingly well with the single player campaign. This is the greatest sequel ever made.
  11. Dec 8, 2010
    This game is not monumentally different form AC2, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. The execution fighting mechanic seems to flow kills together and you don't have to fall into the same repetitive attack-counter fighting system the series is known for. This is not an expansion of AC2 because of the 30 hour long single player (if all the flags and feathers are collected and all ofThis game is not monumentally different form AC2, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. The execution fighting mechanic seems to flow kills together and you don't have to fall into the same repetitive attack-counter fighting system the series is known for. This is not an expansion of AC2 because of the 30 hour long single player (if all the flags and feathers are collected and all of the side missions) and the surprisingly deep multiplayer campaign, it is a quality sequel that would be my game of the year. Expand
  12. Dec 11, 2010
    While not reinventing the wheel or taking any big chances, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood takes several small steps, all in the right direction. The additions of multiplayer, new customization features for Ezio, and the ability to recruit and utilize other assassins to your cause are all welcome features. I did feel the story could have been a little more involved, and the assassins youWhile not reinventing the wheel or taking any big chances, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood takes several small steps, all in the right direction. The additions of multiplayer, new customization features for Ezio, and the ability to recruit and utilize other assassins to your cause are all welcome features. I did feel the story could have been a little more involved, and the assassins you recruit could've ultimately played a larger role, but ultimately those were small hiccups in a sea of greatness. Overall a terrific game. Expand
  13. SFN
    Jan 5, 2011
    for me to tell you this game is awful is really hard because this game is amazing, the graphic design of the game felt right and the stroyline is really cool, they added new features since the second like the abilitly to call in assassins to do your dirty work is really cool plus the multiplayer is amazing, but the game does have its problems like controling your guy can become difficultfor me to tell you this game is awful is really hard because this game is amazing, the graphic design of the game felt right and the stroyline is really cool, they added new features since the second like the abilitly to call in assassins to do your dirty work is really cool plus the multiplayer is amazing, but the game does have its problems like controling your guy can become difficult at times and some glitches that really dont happen that much but besides that this the best of the series so far Expand
  14. Jan 7, 2011
    A very fun game to play. There is so much happening all at once in the game which could be seen as a negative but for the fans it's definitely a positive. A great bridge to AC3.
  15. Jan 8, 2011
    Assassin's Creed consistently delivers an extremely engrossing story, with incredibly interesting concepts and developments. The free running and stealth aspect of the game is enhanced upon from its predecessors and this makes the assassin feel much greater. The recruited assassin's are a nice concept, but I feel that they make the game too easy in many ways, which has always been one ofAssassin's Creed consistently delivers an extremely engrossing story, with incredibly interesting concepts and developments. The free running and stealth aspect of the game is enhanced upon from its predecessors and this makes the assassin feel much greater. The recruited assassin's are a nice concept, but I feel that they make the game too easy in many ways, which has always been one of my issues with the games, however this does not seem to take much away from the fun which is great. Furthermore, the added multiplayer component was the part I was most anxious to see before release as it's a very different concept to other multiplayer games and in that sense was either going to be awesome or a flop. Fortunately, it was executed excellently and provides a very enjoyable experience, despite the issues with slow matchmaking and a fairly low level cap. Overall, as an expansion Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is excellent and well worth the money even for just the single player campaign but the multiplayer helps add a new dimension and greater longevity. Expand
  16. Jan 10, 2011
    I loved the first AC, I briefly played the 2nd but I am clearly enjoying Brotherhood. There is much to like about Brotherhood but the main things are that it gives you the combined abilities of both 1, 2 and more. You don't have to play the previous games to purchase this title as you will be given a up to date collection told by the protagonist. I would recommend that you skip buying 1 &I loved the first AC, I briefly played the 2nd but I am clearly enjoying Brotherhood. There is much to like about Brotherhood but the main things are that it gives you the combined abilities of both 1, 2 and more. You don't have to play the previous games to purchase this title as you will be given a up to date collection told by the protagonist. I would recommend that you skip buying 1 & 2 if you've never played AC before and just go for Brotherhood. If you have already played the previous 2 titles, this might feel a little repetitive. But the ability to have a group of assassins under your command... AWESOME. "As I leapt down from a high ledge, I landed my blades on the necks of 2 unsuspecting guards; alerting the brute armored like a tank glimmering in the virtual sun. As he shouted for reinforcements the yard was soon filled with 8 - 12 soldiers, with a wave of my right hand; 4 assassins leapt from rooftops and decimated all guards in moments." That NEVER gets old Expand
  17. Jan 14, 2011
    My favourite game! The story is very good. Again. The multiplayer good too. My fvourite characters is Agugosto the Blacksmith! For me is the Game of the year!
  18. Jan 19, 2011
    The single player was great. The multiplayer is not for everyone, but I loved it. I really disliked the Desmond sequences though. It's a huge improvement over the first and second.
  19. Oct 20, 2011
    A solid entry into the Assassin's Creed franchise that thrills in certain areas and disappoints in others. The addition of multiplayer has payed off, with the online modes being the best thing about the game. Matches are tense and fun although a little more customization would have been nice. As for the singlt player, it is inferior to the last game. The world feels smaller, the storyA solid entry into the Assassin's Creed franchise that thrills in certain areas and disappoints in others. The addition of multiplayer has payed off, with the online modes being the best thing about the game. Matches are tense and fun although a little more customization would have been nice. As for the singlt player, it is inferior to the last game. The world feels smaller, the story isn't as engaging and the player doesn't foster any real emotional attachment to characters. Recruiting a team of assassins is interesting but we never get the impression that they are of any importance. The gameplay is solid and assassinating is still fun. There is tons to do and there are some imaginative levels. A worthy purchase. Expand
  20. May 25, 2011
    Great game. Fun singleplayer experience and one of the best multiplayer experiences ever. The biggest problem with the game is that the story gets really weird and by the end the game is just a little too easy.
  21. Mar 30, 2012
    At first I had my doubts with this game because I was thinking that this going to be a cheap spin-off , but when I played I realized that is good as Assassin's Creed 2. Also, it features multiplayer games wich have some really good free DLC. A must if you liked the previous one!
  22. Dec 6, 2011
    Innovation is what comes out of this installment. With new mechanics like using Assassin recruits to aid you in combat is a big plus. The new combo feature was also great implementing new, varied ways to kill your enemies. Also the secret missions were fun and challenging, I was hardly disappointed with this game. Multiplayer is a good mix of free-for-all and objective based modes, andInnovation is what comes out of this installment. With new mechanics like using Assassin recruits to aid you in combat is a big plus. The new combo feature was also great implementing new, varied ways to kill your enemies. Also the secret missions were fun and challenging, I was hardly disappointed with this game. Multiplayer is a good mix of free-for-all and objective based modes, and also allows customization to fit your play style. The only downside is that some missions were a bit too linear, and were not that fun to do. Otherwise, its worth trying. Expand
  23. Oct 15, 2012
    On a replay, I love this game. It was always good, but it's unspeakably better since experiencing Revelations and coming back to it. The comparison between the two made ALL the difference. The story is good and works as a solid extension on the second game, though the excuse for making Ezio earn weapons and armour from the beginning feels a bit forced and cheap. The integration of familiarOn a replay, I love this game. It was always good, but it's unspeakably better since experiencing Revelations and coming back to it. The comparison between the two made ALL the difference. The story is good and works as a solid extension on the second game, though the excuse for making Ezio earn weapons and armour from the beginning feels a bit forced and cheap. The integration of familiar characters is spectacular and had me emotionally engaged throughout both in Ezio's AND Desmond's stories. The big drawbacks for me are the cut and paste, but less successful, equivalents of assassin's tombs (they're fine, but less exciting and make less sense the second time around), and the way in which you're rushed through the end section of the game. Glyph puzzles are present, and though the intros from Subject 16 are sorely missed, they're still as creepy, cryptic and strangely informative as ever. While it doesn't match up to the quality of Assassin's Creed 2 in my mind, it's still a game more than worth buying. Expand
  24. Dec 21, 2012
    perfect graphics 10
    perfect game play 10
    great story 9.5
    great soundtracks 9.5
    ------
    EPIC
    ------
    what we could ask more from this game to get back in history walking on the streets of old Italy with the awesome Ezio
  25. Oct 29, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is an unmitigated triumph, taking the superlative groundwork laid by its forebear and building upon it. That you're confined to Rome is never an issue, as it's a vast and seamlessly sprawling, cohesive environment. Rebuilding the city and driving out the Borgia is about as compulsive as gaming gets and chances are, you'll sit glued to the game throughout andAssassin's Creed: Brotherhood is an unmitigated triumph, taking the superlative groundwork laid by its forebear and building upon it. That you're confined to Rome is never an issue, as it's a vast and seamlessly sprawling, cohesive environment. Rebuilding the city and driving out the Borgia is about as compulsive as gaming gets and chances are, you'll sit glued to the game throughout and feverishly complete every Subject 16 puzzle, collect every item and refurbish every shop, aqueduct, faction building and underground tunnel you come across. Achingly beautiful to behold and incredible to play, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be the best Roman holiday you'll ever have. Expand
  26. Jan 29, 2012
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood is familiar turf. Taking what Assassins Creed II did so well, and polishing the fundamentals up and releasing a straight sequel that improves but doesn't refine what the franchise already offers. Well.....that's the typical sequel faffle. Brotherhood is a game all its own. Yes it has made advancements and enhancements to the AC mould, but it all adds up to aAssassins Creed Brotherhood is familiar turf. Taking what Assassins Creed II did so well, and polishing the fundamentals up and releasing a straight sequel that improves but doesn't refine what the franchise already offers. Well.....that's the typical sequel faffle. Brotherhood is a game all its own. Yes it has made advancements and enhancements to the AC mould, but it all adds up to a much polished, yet familiar game. The narrative is one element that has received increased attention. No longer is Desmond an inactive rascal performing pointless tasks outside the animus- he's now a platforming pro. Ezio's story arc is more focused, with Cesare as the main antagonist, as vanilla and scared as he may be. Combat is far more fluid, with new chain attacks and satisfyingly meaty combat. And enough can't be said about the outstanding attention to period detail. The only real disappointments here are the general lack of variety, (a series sore point) repetitive misson varieties and some awkward parkour chinks in an otherwise spit shined armour. Brotherhood is better in almost every way than the great ACII and proves that the series can offer more depth to a progressively legendary franchise. Expand
  27. Nov 25, 2010
    This is an amazing game the great single player returns and the multiplayer is amazing. The only bad thing I would say is that the storyline is not as good as Assasins creed 2s.
  28. Mar 5, 2011
    For sure one of the best games of the year. Multiplayer is probably one of the best i've ever played and the campaign is just as satisfying as all the other games in the series. How ever if your not looking for a multiplayer game your better off with one of the other creed games because they are cheaper and probably have just as good of a campaign
  29. Jul 25, 2011
    I somehow managed to purchase every AC game prior (for budget prices) and was always left disappointed. I felt tht as much as they excelled in style and environment, they all lacked too much in the gameplay department. This latest installment is an improvement on the previous games and finally lives up to the brand's reputation. A great game, the combat was slightly tweaked yetI somehow managed to purchase every AC game prior (for budget prices) and was always left disappointed. I felt tht as much as they excelled in style and environment, they all lacked too much in the gameplay department. This latest installment is an improvement on the previous games and finally lives up to the brand's reputation. A great game, the combat was slightly tweaked yet miraculously, significantly improved, the story pacing is better and the graphics are, at times, spectacular. This is the first AC that I truly enjoyed from start to finish; and, while I got it for 20 bucks it would have been well worth full price. I'm now looking forward to Revelations. P.S. - check out the revelation CG trailer, probably the best trailer I've seen in a long time. Great game! Expand
  30. Oct 10, 2011
    Pretty much Assassin's Creed 2 with multiplayer. Though I think it's a really good game overall and the multiplayer is fun as hell, it doesn't really improve on the overall gameplay. The story is a continuation of Assassin's Creed 2 and that's pretty much what I can say really because it is a very expected story. Gameplay wise, from the shorter length compared to 2 and the same gameplayPretty much Assassin's Creed 2 with multiplayer. Though I think it's a really good game overall and the multiplayer is fun as hell, it doesn't really improve on the overall gameplay. The story is a continuation of Assassin's Creed 2 and that's pretty much what I can say really because it is a very expected story. Gameplay wise, from the shorter length compared to 2 and the same gameplay mechanics, it just felt like it should have been released as a DLC instead of a full retail game. Please just give us Assassin's Creed 3 as quickly as you can. Expand
  31. Nov 16, 2010

1. Feb 25, 2011
    Assasssin's Creed: Brotherhood has great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and overall excellent craftsmanship… Just don't expect anything new beyond the multiplayer.
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a pleasant surprise in every respect, even though some of the concerns you might have had regarding the single map and ageing formula still stand with the final product.
  3. Jan 8, 2011
    Those wanting more from Ezio, and to revel in the period set in Assassins Creed II for a little longer, will find fond memories in Assassins Creed Brotherhood; however I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd seen it all before and was being dragged along for the same old ride.