Assassin's Creed III Xbox 360

6.8

1. Nov 15, 2012
    The story is boring at times and has a very slow start. Also, the shadows look odd on character's faces and trees during cutscenes. Besides that, there is a lot of content and value in this game.
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    i signed up here to just let my frustrations out that this game is overhyped! and empty. Im halfway and the game is just plain boring filled with glitches. i expected more on this game but it failed to deliver they hype around it. Still i will finish the game and sell it for something better.
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    Absolutely phenomenal game, well worth your money and by far the best and most innovative Assassins Creed title to date. It's combat, graphics, gameplay, mechanics and story/writing are night and day over the previous Assassins Creed games. It takes the series to new heights and depths especially with Connor's story which is beautifully written and played out. The amount of content andAbsolutely phenomenal game, well worth your money and by far the best and most innovative Assassins Creed title to date. It's combat, graphics, gameplay, mechanics and story/writing are night and day over the previous Assassins Creed games. It takes the series to new heights and depths especially with Connor's story which is beautifully written and played out. The amount of content and gameplay value this game has to offers makes this a must buy game by many standards, and this may be the best game you play all year. Expand
  4. Nov 14, 2012
    i am so confused...i am playing ACIII!!!!???i am a member of "ASSASSIN`S CREED" or playing as a regular "low-life" killer???!!???
    gameplay is good as same,with improved control and PATH-FINDING,lots of bugs but still well-design world,story is great with deep holes;i think tree-walking is not as good as building-walking in past ACs.
    still i like "ALTAIR" more that any other protagonists
    still i like "ALTAIR" more that any other protagonists in AC.
    CONNOR is believable and grows less sympathy than "altair and ezio".hunting is cool but earning money will kick you... in middle of playing.naval fights are awesome,command and shoot,handle and fire(i like it so much).
    main missions are superb but sub-missions are weak and un-lovely.enemy AI is dumper in my idea compare to past games.
    still experience cheap deaths with anger!!!!!!!!
    "ASSASSIN`S CREED III" is still so good to me but there are so many changes in it,it is so different from AC1,it seems to me new game but i am playing it as "ASSASSIN`S CREED".
    pffff...i do not know i like this game or not?.......i like this game but i love AC1....desmond is the only BRIDGE with past for me here.
  5. Nov 14, 2012
    The same, redundant gameplay, but in Revolutionary America! For the sake of organization, I will break my review into two parts, one for each disc, respectively.

Multiplayer: There is nothing very eye-catching in the multiplayer, in my honest opinion. The multiplayer of the game is essentially the same glitched, buggy experience from Revelations, mixed with the end of Brotherhood's, but with a twist. X is now the button to stun as well as kill, making an ever-so-slight change for the better in the mechanics. Smoke bomb makes its infamous return in the game, but with available counters in the forms of Animus Shield, Wipe, and even well-timed knives. However, unlocking items is more expensive than ever, in effort to keep you playing longer. Getting points takes an ungodly long time in game, even after winning many games. In the end, you will still be run down by a pursuer for a typical 150 points, you will still experience glitches, lag, and many other aspects that the Ubisoft devs refused to acknowledge. But hey, you can always just throw down some real cash for "Erudito Credits" and get a completely unfair edge far ahead of everyone else, all while sacrificing any value of playing the game. The multiplayer is worth maybe one and a half marks to me, at most, due to Ubisoft's blatant disregard to the problems so many cried out about after Revelations..

Story: The story takes place in Revolutionary America, where you begin not as Connor himself, but his father. After setting sail for the American settlements, you get to play through a very long and tedious introduction to the story, filled with puzzling scenarios and making no effort at telling you where to go. If you can make it through the confusion of the introduction, new fighting system, and change of scenery from the usual Mediterranean streets, you get a special surprise! What is it? More of the mindless repetitive tasks that Assassin's Creed is famous for. Go here, do this, kill this person, free those people, etc, etc. Perhaps the games should be called "Errand Boy's Creed", because the time you spend actually influencing anything in the story is very slim to none. I personally was skeptical upon seeing AC step into the Revolutionary War, because it makes you wonder.. "What the hell? What's next, the assassins started the Civil War? Did they cause the World Wars as well?" Nevertheless, the transition was seemingly smooth, for the most part. Every now and again, I can't help but feel like I'm right back in the middle of Revelations, though. The game isn't very gripping for the era it tries to relive, for whatever reason. In short, the story is very repetitive, daunting, and slow, mostly even cinematic I would say. The story earns another one and a half stars for its lack of a gripping, engaging story that makes you actually WANT to stick with it until the end.

Better luck next time, Ubisoft. And a word of advice, consider what the people buying your game want beforehand, instead of realizing and trying to correct long after the damage has been done.
  6. Nov 14, 2012
    A fantastic game that is absolutely stunning in the graphic department. The story is really well presented and the environments are huge. Tons of stuff to do and discover.
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    Boring!!!! No fun factor whatsoever. I keep waiting for this game to get better but it just isn't happening. I don't usually review games before I finish them but people need to be warned that this game does not live up to the hype. I will finish the game because I want to know what happens in the story and I do love the series but it will be a struggle. The first game is still theBoring!!!! No fun factor whatsoever. I keep waiting for this game to get better but it just isn't happening. I don't usually review games before I finish them but people need to be warned that this game does not live up to the hype. I will finish the game because I want to know what happens in the story and I do love the series but it will be a struggle. The first game is still the best and in my oppinion they continue to go down hill from there. If this had been the first game in the series I would never have bought a second one. Expand
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    I created an account just to echo what people have been saying here. Loved AC2 and this looked so promising... finished the game in just a few days and I just feel let down. Exactly what people are talking about. Gameplay interrupted by cinematics. Glitches galore (horse riding is awful). Forget about the Frontier; it's too annoying to ride through the woods and tree-hop. The newI created an account just to echo what people have been saying here. Loved AC2 and this looked so promising... finished the game in just a few days and I just feel let down. Exactly what people are talking about. Gameplay interrupted by cinematics. Glitches galore (horse riding is awful). Forget about the Frontier; it's too annoying to ride through the woods and tree-hop. The new gameplay interface (e.g. for switching weapons, etc.) is for the worse. Bad voice acting. Massive plot holes and poor storyline continuity. Some missions are a total waste of time (i.e. the entire first third of the game before you get your Assassin's hood; all the Desmond missions; and especially the chase missions). You can't even free roam much once done with the game (i.e. run around and cause murderous chaos), because after gaining sufficient Notoriety, the game sends unbeatable Jagers against you that spawn out of nowhere and you are inevitably killed. Nothing like AC2; that game is still a masterpiece, especially when compared to this thing. It's like they had no quality control before putting AC3 out! Expand
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    Great game, not as good as 2 or brotherhood, but still really good game, they got rid of the tower defence crap (thank god), and added in navel battles (which are great fun!). I would definately recommend playing this game.
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    Assassins creed 3 is a bit hit and miss in many of the areas which make up this game. Ubisoft has done a large amount of changes to the game in order to improve upon it, with multiple characters to play as throughout the story, an increased world size and possibly my favourite addition, Pirate ship battles.

However, for all of these improvements, many of the faults of the past games

However, for all of these improvements, many of the faults of the past games return, such as initially exciting, but ultimately tedious and easy combat, repetitive mission structure and a bit of a flawed story at times. I would have given this an 8, possibly a 9, but the plot near the end was dissapointing. so much so that it made me ponder why i had played through the series.

However, this game is still fun to play through, and has a relatively decent length of 14 hours for my playthrough. My review is based purely on the single player elements as I have not been able to play the multiplayer element for a variety of reasons.
  11. Nov 12, 2012
    I can't believe they were able to sell this game in the state it's in. Glitchy and just a big mess, I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to wast their time playing this. The controls are horrid, yet critics call it "revolutionary" because of the graphics. This is just another shining example of looks over gameplay, and unfortunately this is the norm now with videogames.
  12. Nov 12, 2012
    The first 3 hours of the game is spend developing the characters through gameplay, scripted sequences, and cut scenes... but after this the game opens up. Once the game gets going, there is much to do and a lot of fun to be had. AC3 seems a bit streamlined on the control, which you will either love or hate. It is more difficult to fall of a building for example. For me the AC series wasThe first 3 hours of the game is spend developing the characters through gameplay, scripted sequences, and cut scenes... but after this the game opens up. Once the game gets going, there is much to do and a lot of fun to be had. AC3 seems a bit streamlined on the control, which you will either love or hate. It is more difficult to fall of a building for example. For me the AC series was becoming too complex, more like a technical button masher, so the more user friendly controls are a welcome addition... and again you will either love or hate it. There is no shortage of things to do in AC3. I like the Homested and save the district from the Templar quests, but that just scratches the surface. There is now Naval warfare which looks amazing and has very good control. Overall the game is possible the best looking game on the XBOX 360. To see Connor walking through the snow leaving a path in his wake creates a level of realism that adds to the immersion of the game. I do not agree with the 9's and 10's given to the game as there are a fair amount of technical glitches... like AI pop ins, person floating in the air, quest person stuck in crowd for a good 30 secs almost making me fail the mission... etc. But all in all the gripes are minor and do little to tarnish what is an overwhelmingly good game. I give it a 8/10 Expand
  13. Nov 12, 2012
    Hmmmm.... Where to begin! As a fan of the Assassins Creed series I was expecting more from AC3. The first game was hard to get through because it was so repetitive but from then on the series has improved with each game. Ezio is one of my favourite game characters of all time, he's cool and has a charm, he's likeable, unlike Connor. Which brings me onto the 1st problem with the game; theHmmmm.... Where to begin! As a fan of the Assassins Creed series I was expecting more from AC3. The first game was hard to get through because it was so repetitive but from then on the series has improved with each game. Ezio is one of my favourite game characters of all time, he's cool and has a charm, he's likeable, unlike Connor. Which brings me onto the 1st problem with the game; the main man, the guy you have to put up with the whole game, he's boring, I don't like him. If I were to compare the characters, Ezio would be a Bugatti Veyron; fast and exciting, whereas Connor would be a cardboard box; yes he's useful but he's so bland and monotone! Before I go any further I will say that I'm only about 6-7 hours into the game so this is just my thoughts so far but seriously, there is enough to not like ALREADY!

One thing I've heard a lot about is the glitches.... and there are a lot. When you look at the shear size of something like Skyrim you can forgive the glitches but I just can't see past them in AC3 when the other games have been relatively "glitch-free" in my experience. On one occasion I was looking for a bear to kill and after finding one and getting into a bit of man vs. bear, it got stuck in a tree! It was just there, walking around on the spot in a tree! Another noticeable glitch was on a recent mission where I walked up behind 2 guards to perform a double kill which not only failed, resulting in me only killing one guard, the other guard just walked away! He didn't even blink! One other glitch saw me jump out of a tree to assassinate a rabbit/hare, which promptly ran away and left me free falling through the ground into emptiness! I expect more considering the standards set with the previous games. Other things that I think have been ruined slightly is the free running. Now you can just run by holding the right trigger and he will stop if he comes to a jump that he can't make or a drop that is too high. Personally, that takes away some of the skill. Previously I had to control Ezio carefully otherwise I could jump to my death, which to be honest adds some realism to the game. This is now not possible because Connor is a **** Also when climbing buildings previously you could use the A button to jump to a higher ledge that you couldn't normally reach, which involved a little bit of timing but now this is automatic, again something I'm disappointed about. My major gripe is the health regeneration which I think makes the game just too easy. It is almost impossible to die in a fight because if you are low on health you can sit back and hold B, which parries almost every attack automatically without any timing needed, wait until your health regenerates (which is pretty quick) and carry on fighting. It now takes away the need to run away from anyone to buy some medicine or visit a doctor, you can just walk around kicking ass and regenerating health without a care in the world. It's not all bad, there are some good things. The game is visually stunning for one. Climbing to the top of a building and admiring the view is something you may find yourself doing from time to time. The weather is brilliant too, especially when a thunderstorm hits. I also like the addition of the Rope Dart which is kind of like a lasso which you can use to pull enemies closer, drag them off of their horse or hang them from a chimney! There's also some open ocean missions where you take to the sea at the helm of a ship, firing cannons and engaging in naval warfare which I have found exciting and quite enjoyable, not to mention very impressive to the look at. You do get to control Desmond a little bit more but only time will tell if you get to control him as much as I would like. When AC3 was first announced I wanted it to be focused on Desmond. Running around New York, scaling buildings and the like would be brilliant.

Lastly, the game is very slow to get going. It's only just got going for me so hopefully my rating will improve, but at the moment it's scraping a 7 out of 10.
  14. Nov 12, 2012
    Total disappointmet. To break it down in negative terms:

- The cities are lifeless. You can keep on running from A -> B without any interaction as there were in AC:Brotherhood or Red Dead Redemption with people crying for help, or chasing a criminal wheras you could intervene if you'd choose so - The story is so confusing. It keeps time-jumping from here to there and new characters are
    Total disappointmet. To break it down in negative terms:

- The story is so confusing. It keeps time-jumping from here to there and new characters are introduced ALL THE TIME without any depth.
    - Conner is as interesting as an horses arse. He also lacks humangous depth, as Ezio had.
    - Glitches, glitches and more glitches.
    - Irritation UI where you have to enter the meny every time you wan't to call on the horse or an other action that isn't in the action-wheel. FRUSTRATING AS HELL.
    - Sucky implemention of fighting. Worse than any other AC game.
    - ... I could go on for hours.

+ None. All the negative ones diminish the ones I - at first - thought where positive.
  15. Nov 11, 2012
    I got bored with this piece of crap,after an half of a hour; don't waste your money and buy Assassin's Creed 2 a much better game. They should of waited to release this crappy insult to the AC series...such a shame this came out...
  16. Nov 11, 2012
    Single player:
    Single player:
    Games are basically interactive movies at this point. In a movie, you would not have a character get built up like he is going to have one hell of a fight ahead of him and then not have a payoff at the end. That would be piss poor writing (or The Great White Hype). The problem is, that is what this movie does. Ezio was supposed to be teaching Desmond how to become a world class assassin. Instead, we get an ending with no payoff for all the work Desmond has put in. Just a bland ending to the "trilogy".

Multiplayer:
    Some refinements have been made to the multiplayer. If you liked the previous installments, chances are, you are going to like this one.
  17. Nov 11, 2012
    Terrible, is one word that I think describes Assassin's Creed III perfectly. I wish someone writing these 10of10 reviews would sit down with me and point out all of the good things they see because I just can not find anything worthy of a 10. Once I passed the introduction/tutorial parts of the game I felt like I was playing Assassin's Creed II again, and I mean the parts of the game youTerrible, is one word that I think describes Assassin's Creed III perfectly. I wish someone writing these 10of10 reviews would sit down with me and point out all of the good things they see because I just can not find anything worthy of a 10. Once I passed the introduction/tutorial parts of the game I felt like I was playing Assassin's Creed II again, and I mean the parts of the game you actually get to play. I may as well have been watching "Assassin's Creed III: The Movie". Which would have also been awful considering where they went with the story. I'm upset that I invested both money and time in this title and it has single-handedly strayed me away from anymore entries in the series. Expand
  18. Nov 11, 2012
    If I were to rank the games in order I would put assassins creed 2 at the top, brotherhood second, assassins creed 1 third, this game 4th, and revelations 5th. The game could be summarized as mediocre. Setting: The main story contains large detailed maps, but the problem is that it doesn't have any large buildings to climb like in assassins creed 2 and brotherhood or even revelations,If I were to rank the games in order I would put assassins creed 2 at the top, brotherhood second, assassins creed 1 third, this game 4th, and revelations 5th. The game could be summarized as mediocre. Setting: The main story contains large detailed maps, but the problem is that it doesn't have any large buildings to climb like in assassins creed 2 and brotherhood or even revelations, not only that the game doesn't have that beautiful setting like Venice, I really loved Venice in assassins creed 2, it's a very colorful place, plenty of fun things in the game. Puzzles. Assassins creed 2 had tons of puzzles and they revealed pieces of a truth that was really fun. Every time I completed one i looked at what I've gathered to add more to this truth story, more importantly the puzzles had history to them and conspiracy theories, it actually gets pretty creepy. Brotherhood did the same but not to the same extent. So far I have not found anything like this, but I'm guessing they didn't do it...

Story: It's ok, Gameplay: not as many personal assassinations. I find myself in a lot of missions where you have to run in and kill all the guards like a wild man, no stealth at all. I like putting in multiple objectives though. There are a lot of bugs, I sometimes find my character spazzing out and just standing still and taking hits. The health system is lousy, it's basically assassins creed 1, no potions, regenerate health. The combat system is probably the worst of all the games, and here is why, you have the occasional QUICK **** TIME EVENTS. I just finished resident evil 6 and at this point i never want to touch QTE AGAIN. But lo and behold this game had to put that in the game. It's not as many as RE6 but seriously, why the hell did they do this? Why does the world think QTE = gameplay??? Seriously the combat could be interpreted as QTE. Wolf attacks you, game prompts O, you hit O, then prompts square. It feels like god of war like QTE, but the thing about god of war is that you aren't forced to do QTE, that's only if you choose to grab. Side missions: There are plenty of those, so that's good.

Some of the bugs ive seen: People talking without moving their mouths in a cutscene, guard who wont die, my character spazzing out. One of the three will happen every hour.

There was this one part where you have to be an eagle and follow another fire eagle... here we witness something I like to call "Crazy Camera Mode." You get to this one point where you hit the mountains and a white light comes and next thing you know you see winter trees right in front of you. It's **** how the camera works here. Graphics are fine, nothing new though

Overall it gets a 6/10. It has a lot of problems but nothing makes it unplayable.
  19. Nov 11, 2012
    Running around the frontier and hunting is pretty fun as is fighting massive amounts of enemies at one time. The graphics are incredible. The story itself is quite boring, and after a while I found myself not even caring. All the collectibles are more rewarding to find than in any of the other past games. One bad thing is the tomahawk you start with is extremely powerful, so there reallyRunning around the frontier and hunting is pretty fun as is fighting massive amounts of enemies at one time. The graphics are incredible. The story itself is quite boring, and after a while I found myself not even caring. All the collectibles are more rewarding to find than in any of the other past games. One bad thing is the tomahawk you start with is extremely powerful, so there really is no need to upgrade your weapons at all like the past games. I always enjoy the Assassin's creed games regardless because I enjoy just running around and climbing. This is probably the second to worst in the series, right ahead of Brotherhood. If you are a fan of the series, just ignore the nay-sayers and get it, but don't expect too much or you will be let down. Expand
  20. Nov 11, 2012
    NO SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW Well, thanks god I'm not the only one who sees that this game is really bad. As more people here, I've been an AC fan since first day, I've all cómics, books and games, even the little ones for Android and IOS, I've beaten AC1 ( my favorite ) 18 times, AC2 12, BH 8 and Revelations 3 and I have all superior editions ( Black, Códex, Animus and FreedomNO SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW Well, thanks god I'm not the only one who sees that this game is really bad. As more people here, I've been an AC fan since first day, I've all cómics, books and games, even the little ones for Android and IOS, I've beaten AC1 ( my favorite ) 18 times, AC2 12, BH 8 and Revelations 3 and I have all superior editions ( Black, Códex, Animus and Freedom ). Not much people can say that they love AC as I do, but this game, AC3 is such a s**t. It's like Ubisoft got all the ingredients, but they didn't know how to cook it, this game could have been the very best AC, they had the history context, they had the graphics, the maps, the varied missions, the best combat in all the saga, and they have screw it up. AC is not famous for his combat or varied missions, it's famous for the story that it has, one of the best stories ever on videogames industry, it's almost as epic as Metal Gear Solid ( which I love even more than AC ), but this game has ruined that history, I wish this game didn't exist, what a boring and EMPTY story, the "epics" moments in this story are empty, that's the main problem of this game, If an important character dies, it doesn't hurt, not like previous games when I almost cried, and the whole history has holes, it's not narrated properly.

So... I've been talking about Connor's story, but Desmond story is horrible too, I don't want to spoil you, but seriosly, what a bad story, It's ruined. And the bugs in this game are really upseting, fast travel points that desapear, NPCs that doesn't walk, NCPS popping in front of you as you walk on the city, game freezes, lot of secondary missions bugged, it's really horrible, please don't buy this game. I'm realy disappointed with UbiSoft, they did the worst work ever, they are really important developers and they have lost all my respects and all really fan's respect. And... you know what? The worst thing they did, it's that they have lied to all of us. They said that they would end Desmond's story and they didn't. When I was at the end of the game, I was like, well, after 5 years, finally I'm gonna give and end for this amazing story, but It doen'st end. If you say that this game is good, you have no idea about what you are saying, I can't handle a 7, but no more than that, this game s**ks, thank you so much UbiSoft, you have ruined one of the best sagas ever.
  21. Nov 11, 2012
    As I was playing Assassins Creed 3 I realised that all of the oranges I had in my fruit bowl had started to go green and furry looking.
    Like Tennis balls.
    Tennis balls that emit a strange smell. As a man of science I can only presume that this occurred by way of radiation emitted by Assassins Creed 3. In summation, do not under any circumstances allow Assassins Creed 3 near your bowl
    Like Tennis balls.
    Tennis balls that emit a strange smell.

In summation, do not under any circumstances allow Assassins Creed 3 near your bowl of oranges.
  22. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played all 3 Assassin's Creed, and this is not an Assassins Creed. This is a game with the AC logo and name and a wonky version of its mechanics, but nowhere the depth of the previous ones. AC franchise is built on the ability of the player to visit historical cities and cites through the memory of Desmond's ancestor - but there is not historical sites in revolutionary America. You are no longer climbing century old buildings of masterful architecture, but merely wooden shed of various sizes, and perhaps the top of the sorry box of matches that the colonist call a House of God. There are people who pointed out the clunky combat system and mechanics... I guess they had to change it for the tree climbing in this game, but it seems like they've broken more than the features they've added. And it seems the game was completely lacking in play test due to the countless bugs I've encountered such as unkillable guards, horrid and cryptic lock picking, complete gray screen, and inability to correctly load the game from save files. The story is an utter mess and any small bit of analysis into the main character of Connor would cause the story to fall apart during the middle of the game. While his motivation for the first half of the game is understandable (the death of his mother, the attack on his tribe), the latter part - after which his reason and preconceptions were revealed to be false (His supposed attacker were innocent for the death of his mother and attack on his tribe), the entire latter half of the game became aimless and pointless to the player. Especially so when 1) We as a player knows exactly what happens to Native Indians after the revolutionary war, and 2) His templar enemies specifically stated they were attempting to prevent the very result that we as players know would happen from history. Connor's main reason for his joining of the Assassins was to blame Charles Lee for the attack on his village that resulted in his mother's death, but it was revealed later that Charles Lee was not responsible, and the attack was in fact ordered by Washington. But instead of the player change allegiance, he doggedly pursued Charles Lee to the very end, despite him being completely innocent to the very reason that the main character joined the Assassin's order. The game lacks the depth and intrigue that was the highlight of the AC series. Where the previous games had puzzles with conspiracy undertones, AC3 seems to have fired the writing department and replaced it with mini-game department. There were no overhanging questions about subjective or objective morality, nothing to make the player think about and question the correct view of the world - it was just Connor getting used by Templars, Assassins, and those who came before as pawns. Connor as a main character no longer contains a brain like Altair or Ezio, but became a human shaped murder tool controlled by the player, manipulated by those who held more cards. One also cannot ignore the blatant attempt to portray the French in the happy sunny light - While the British were portrayed as tyrants, thugs, and fascist police organization, the Patriots led by Washington was portrayed as inept, brutish, uncultured. I'm sure the fact Ubisoft was a French company had nothing to do with this though. The game's only salvation was 1) Connor's Father Haythem - a more fitting and respectable character as an Assassin, ironically 2) the Naval Battle missions. If one word could sum up Assassins Creed 3, it world be the word: TOOL. Expand
  23. Nov 10, 2012
    While this was my second favorite AC game in respect to the story, I was disappointed by some major aspects of the gameplay. I do not think it was necessary to have a ridiculous number of homestead quests while the world was full of glitches. Ubisoft could have fixed those and saved us from the monotony of those side missions. Falling through the world and having achievements broken toWhile this was my second favorite AC game in respect to the story, I was disappointed by some major aspects of the gameplay. I do not think it was necessary to have a ridiculous number of homestead quests while the world was full of glitches. Ubisoft could have fixed those and saved us from the monotony of those side missions. Falling through the world and having achievements broken to the point of needing to replay the entire game are not fun (only to name two of the many mentioned by others). This game could have earned a 9-10, but overlooked problems hurt how this title will be remembered. Time outside of the main story was spent in the wrong places. If you are a huge AC fan, wait to buy this until they fix the problems or you will risk having a poor experience. Expand
  24. Nov 10, 2012
    I thought that this game was amazing. It is a little slow at the beginning and it isn't until a few hours in that the story actually begins to pick up. Aside from that though i have not had any problems. I had a graphics glitch occur once in the woods but aside from that no major bug issues. The game is very fun and the multiplayer is awesome. The combat system has been changed a littleI thought that this game was amazing. It is a little slow at the beginning and it isn't until a few hours in that the story actually begins to pick up. Aside from that though i have not had any problems. I had a graphics glitch occur once in the woods but aside from that no major bug issues. The game is very fun and the multiplayer is awesome. The combat system has been changed a little but i feel it is more satisfying. I would recommend picking up this game if your a fan of the series or if you just want to get into it. Expand
  25. Nov 9, 2012
    Good performance by Ubisoft, but was not worth all the hype it received. The game is very fun, but eventually, some missions get boring and the game is full of glitches and bugs. The game starts off slow, but gets good overtime, but has a near-impossible last mission. Still a buy in the AC series.
  26. Nov 9, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 3 is exactly what people should have expected. This game should not have been hyped nearly as much as it was. It is just as good if not slightly better than revelations. Don't expect something as innovative, charming, or impressive as Assassin's Creed 2. If you enjoyed Revelations or have followed the entire series and don't mind more of the same with shinier graphics; BUYAssassin's Creed 3 is exactly what people should have expected. This game should not have been hyped nearly as much as it was. It is just as good if not slightly better than revelations. Don't expect something as innovative, charming, or impressive as Assassin's Creed 2. If you enjoyed Revelations or have followed the entire series and don't mind more of the same with shinier graphics; BUY THIS GAME IMMEDIATELY! But if you are anything like me and are sick of these uninspired sequels to the once great series known as Assassin's Creed; then leave it alone. Don't even wait for the price to go down, just see it as what it is: a cash-in. Expand
  27. Nov 9, 2012
    Great game! The new location is a good change of pace than the rooftop heavy predecessors of the series. Combat and the new techniques have good additions too. Loved the AC series and this is a good step for the assassin.
  28. Nov 9, 2012
    99% of the 10's are just Ubisoft employee's. The game isn't much of a step up from the last 3 AC games. That being said, its a waste of money. I'd rather spend that hard earned money on a hooker or drugs rather than Assassin's Creed 2.4

This game is just rebranded **** I highly suggest you try before you buy. I made the mistake of buying this festering pile of ****
  29. Nov 9, 2012
    First of all the people giving this a 10 of 10 you either smoke way to much drugs or have no idea. I loved the AC creed series, but I must say this one has ruined it for me. The story line is way to short and just suddenly dies, major let down. As for the side quests and all the other features. I like the idea, but if you dont make these side missions have any impact on the story/mainFirst of all the people giving this a 10 of 10 you either smoke way to much drugs or have no idea. I loved the AC creed series, but I must say this one has ruined it for me. The story line is way to short and just suddenly dies, major let down. As for the side quests and all the other features. I like the idea, but if you dont make these side missions have any impact on the story/main gameplay then its just a waste of time. For example I finished the entire game without doing a side mission or even purchasing new weapon. Oh and another thing. The animation for firing the muskets is horrible, kinda looks like he isnt even aiming. On the positive I enjoyed the start to mid way of the main story. Created a good atmosphere until it died towards the end. Expand
  30. Nov 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, let me just say, there are spoilers, minor, but still. Now, I really thought this game was the best game that was ever created graphically. The scenery of the game was purely beautiful. The graphics were basically flawless! I hesitated playing when I picked it up on the day it was released. The story was really slow and boring. Playing as Haythem was new because he was a Templar, It was the first time in the franchise you could play as a Templar. It also sparked a plot twist, and that was, one of Desmond's ancestor's weren't an assassin. Later on, the story was making little sense because if he was a Templar why was he doing all the good an assassin does? It made little sense, but other than that and a few other glitches, I enjoyed the game. The ending was very stupid too. There will be an Assassins Creed 4, I just don't get how it'll get done. But, if you're on the fence of buying this game, make sure you've played the 4 others first before playing this one. But if you have played all the others, and you're wondering if you should get this, I suggest you should. Really great game, with TONS of stuff to do and a HUGE map to travel after you've beaten the main story mode. Expand

1. Dec 5, 2012
    At least the petty indignities of the multiplayer are optional and situated around gameplay that's solid and unique, if frustratingly stagnant. In the single-player campaign, however, it's impossible to escape the ham-fisted manipulations of the Assassin's Creed III development team.
    Assassin's Creed III is a pretty damn fine game. It loses none of what makes the series fun with the translation to another time and continent, and creates a whole new set of experiences which define the franchise. The biggest issue, if there is one, are the small technical issues, but these niggling technical issues only seem worse because everything else is such a great experience.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 1, 2012
    Like any game of such scope, not every part of it is perfect. Yet, taken as a whole, there is very little that can compete with its wonderful, lavish, historical playground. [Issue#91, p.22]