Assassin's Creed III Xbox 360

6.8

1. Apr 28, 2017
    Me parece un juego buenísimo, personalmente me encanto, el personaje de Connor me gusto mucho igual que su historia, graficamente hicieron un gran salto de los anteriores AC y el control del personaje y sus movimientos me gustaron mucho. Yo lo recomiendo totalmente, no hagan caso a los haters y pruebenlo ustedes.
  2. Apr 25, 2017
    Writing this review after having played black flag and the interlacing story arcs have in fact improved the game for me, I wasn't really won over by this game ended up rushing through it as quick as I could just to get the story and then moved on to black flag which I loved. I've played through most of the assassins creed games to date and have been reasonably entertained but despiteWriting this review after having played black flag and the interlacing story arcs have in fact improved the game for me, I wasn't really won over by this game ended up rushing through it as quick as I could just to get the story and then moved on to black flag which I loved. I've played through most of the assassins creed games to date and have been reasonably entertained but despite people calling this game a breath of fresh air I just didn't feel enough difference in game-play or connection to the plot to draw me in. Even if you don't play this game you should definitely try black flag, takes all the best aspects of this and creates something excellent. Expand
  3. May 19, 2016
    a very nice action game. have a good story. gameplay is beautiful. charachters and wars and everything is nice and a good finish thank you ubisoft...
  4. May 16, 2016
    This is the first Assassin's Creed game I played and I would say it was pretty good overall. I have heard other people saying they hate this game, and I personally can't understand why. There are some issues with it, such as the combat system, and jumping from object to object, but it is a great game overall.
  5. Mar 26, 2016
    Great game

PROS
    -Smooth gameplay
    -Good story
    -nice combat system

CONS
    -slow beginning .
  6. Mar 20, 2016
    After the mediocre experience that was Assassin’s Creed Revelation I was not exactly looking forward to Assassin’s Creed 3, and now that I finally got around to play it, I again wish I had not.
    Like Revelation this game is filled to the brim with menial and inconsequential tasks that quickly becomes very, very dull. Like the hopelessly superficial hunting system.
    What is the actual point
    What is the actual point of this?
    Well, you can choose to sell the various pelts and teeth you gain, or use them to craft various things you can then sell in trade caravans you can establish to the main cities.
    Oh goodie, more administration, because it worked so well in Revelation… and it is just as useless as an underwater football pitch. I established one caravan, realized it mattered little, and promptly decided to completely ignore this aspect of the game with absolutely no consequences.
    But hunting and trade administration are not the only vacuous aspects in this study of endless menial tasks.
    You can take over various fortresses as well, which could be interesting if you actually had to sneak in there, but since the combat is so mind-bogglingly easy, I found that just running in there and killing everyone was the most effective and least time-consuming way of doing it.
    And your reward for this? A reduction in trade taxes… I am not even joking.
    Then there are the ever present hunting of random chests, elusive pages of a books, killing of randomly appearing Templars, delivering letters, killing sick dogs, carrying sick people from a to b, protecting farmers, and opening up quick-travel points by traversing the labyrinth underbelly of the city, in what can best be described as playing Pac-Man with no ghosts or dots. Yes, you just walk around in largely empty corridors, lighting torches, and encountering the occasional puzzle – and I do mean occasional.
    But what about the naval battles? Those are fun, right?
    Well, to begin with, but that is mostly because it’s the ONLY variation this game has to offer that didn’t bore the snot out of me – that is until I realized how incredibly easy it was. But it still is the most fun part of this game, but like everything else these battles are largely just a series of inconsequential side-missions.
    Then there is the assassination aspect of the game… I mean, the game is called Assassin’s Creed after all.
    I went about 10 hours into the game before I got to assassinate anyone of consequence, and before that happened, I had been tasked with so many pointless and boring things to do, that I frankly had stopped caring even remotely about the story or the people in it. When I finally got to the end of the game I was so utterly indifferent to everything and everyone I was just happy it was all over.
    Which brings me to the story and the characters. I will dare anyone to find a more vacuous, boring, and utterly uninteresting character than Connor. He makes Twilight’s Bella Swan and Watchdog’s Aiden seem multifaceted and interesting, bubbling over with emotional outbursts. Add to that the horrible pacing (starting with a 4 hour prologue), which seems to deliberately pull you out of the narrative, while at the same time doing its best to give The Matrix a run for its money in utter pretentiousness, coupled with some of the stupidest characters and planning ever (like Desmond infiltrating places, where people from Aspergo is already looking for him, by simply walking through the front door with his hood pulled over his head), and you’ve got a story that really feels like the rest of the game – mediocre and forgettable.
    Lastly, there is the whole control scheme, which at this point is getting tiring. It was novel in the first games, but now it becomes more and more clear that this kind of environmental sensitive controls, where the character does everything according to what is in front of him, is wrestling control away from the player who is now only in control of steering. No jumping, no rolling, no nothing. It may look cool, but when you realize that you did not do any of this yourself, the game did, it becomes tiresome and outright boring. This is what the phrase “player empowerment” has been reduced to – “Push a button, awesome happens!” – something we saw in 1983 with Dragon’s Lair, so in 29 years we really have not evolved that much, have we?
    No, Assassin’s Creed 3 is NOT a step up from Revelation, but a sad continuation of beating the decomposing carcass of a long dead horse.
    This series (along with a lot of other “sandbox” games) may want to learn the phrase “size does not matter”, because who cares how long or big a game is when it obviously lacks content to warrant its length and size? In the case of Assassin’s Creed 3 a smaller and more focused game would have done a world of good in elevating it from the beautiful piece of mediocrity it actually is.
  7. Mar 18, 2016
    What happened? AC2 and AC Brotherhood where great games, Revelations was a glorified DLC. But I thought they would make AC3 amazing.
    It had potential, but unfortunately we got Connor (sigh). Couldn't care less for him, even the missions with his father were better than what we got from him. Can't remember much of the storyline and frankly I didn't care for him. The bow and tomahawk were great. But i just couln't get into it.
  8. Feb 25, 2016
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg!!!!!
  9. Oct 20, 2015
    Huge step back from the previous games. Really dropped the ball with the revolutionary war, which could have been way better. No memorable city landmarks or things to climb. Just really not a good assassin's creed race.
  10. Jul 16, 2015
    It starts really well with Haytham and a surprise in the plot. But Connor... just runs behind the rest of main characters of the saga. Not as bad a AC:Brotherhood but worse than the rest.
  11. Jun 23, 2015
    My favorite Assassin's Creed game in terms of story since it has so many emotional layers and thought provoking moments. The naval battles were a welcome adition to the gameplay, and playing as Connor is very empowering. The man is a human tank.
  12. May 22, 2015
    In Assassin’s Creed III, you play as Connor, a half-English, half-Native American assassin. The game takes place during America’s Revolutionary War, with historical figures such as George Washington making appearances. As Connor, you will assassinate groups of enemy soldiers as well as specific targets (in which most of your enemy targets you actually get to know before you kill them,In Assassin’s Creed III, you play as Connor, a half-English, half-Native American assassin. The game takes place during America’s Revolutionary War, with historical figures such as George Washington making appearances. As Connor, you will assassinate groups of enemy soldiers as well as specific targets (in which most of your enemy targets you actually get to know before you kill them, which can’t be said for every AC game) with a variety of weapons, as usual, but you can also hunt deer, bears, etc. This game introduced naval combat with both naval battles that were required to progress in the (above average) story and extra ones as side missions. Multiplayer is more of the same but it does add more value to the game overall. The game gets a decent deal of slack, but mostly for reasons I don't agree with (like some people think Connor is boring but I think it's fine that he's stoic). People complain that the architecture is less interesting but the game is only staying true to AMerica in the 1700's. I agree with some of the complaints, though, like the ending was kind of 'meh'. I still think this game stands above the AC’s before it as a more entertaining adventure (at least slightly). Expand
  13. Apr 3, 2015
    This game gets a lot right, but also a lot wrong.

Firstly lets start with the good. The new setting of the American Civil War is great, and all the environments and areas you play in are excellent replications. The series needed a change in scenery, and its most welcome. The gameplay is good, and there are new mechanics we haven't seen in previous games. In terms of scope, this is
    This game gets a lot right, but also a lot wrong.

In terms of scope, this is the biggest and most ambitious AC yet. Huge environments, and each section in the game feels different to the one before. The repetition that plagued AC1 is well and truly gone.

In this title we finally get an end to the Desmond story arc. Which has been dragged on too long. The modern day levels are fun to play.

Now for the bad news.

The main character, Connor, is the most boring protagonist in the series so far. No personality, and the plot around him is OK but you never feel like you care about him. This is a shame considering Ezio was such a popular character.

The plot in general takes way too long. At times very boring. It takes you half the game before you actual make a proper Assassination. Just errand missions up till that point.

Enemy AI is average in this game, many times enemies run past you when in pursuit. Worst of the series so far.

Also I HATE the naval combat. I fail to understand why a Apache Indian is sailing around on a galley like a pirate. Annoying and not what I would expect from an AC game. The game is not 'Pirates Creed' so I don't understand why its included.

Overall i would say it is a good addition to the series, but not a vital one. Would recommend if you see it on sale!
  14. Dec 14, 2014
    My first assassin's creed game, and now it's gotten me into the series. The story in this game is epic. Desmond and his friends are searching for some amulet in some caves in New York which is supposed to stop the 2012 apocalypse (the time it takes place and ironically when it came out) He of course goes into the animus to relive the memory of an ancestor named Connor who supposedly willMy first assassin's creed game, and now it's gotten me into the series. The story in this game is epic. Desmond and his friends are searching for some amulet in some caves in New York which is supposed to stop the 2012 apocalypse (the time it takes place and ironically when it came out) He of course goes into the animus to relive the memory of an ancestor named Connor who supposedly will reveal the location of the amulet. You are taken back to the 1700s colonial America. The story starts veeerrrryyy slowly. You start as a Templar named Haytham, then play as young Connor, then adult Connor and it's not until 6 hours into the game until you get your assassin robes. Haytham and Connor are the only interesting and memorable characters who show any real emotion. Even guest appearances from Paul Revere and George Washington aren't as cool as they sound. The Desmond sections are required this time, but there actually kind of fun and don't feel like filler. There are lots of cool twists and overall one of the best stories I've seen, I don't want to spoil too much. The gameplay is just like the previous ones you sneak, jump, stab, do parkour and climbin an open world, do side missions, etc. The open world is divided into 4 areas: Boston, New York, the frontier and homestead. The story missions where alright. There are some cool and tricky stealth missions, and some big sword fights you have to get into. Some missions let you choose between one or the other. There are also some naval ship battles which are really fun. Some levels where lame and forgettable while others stood out. The side missions however are awesome and lots of fun. There are collectible a such as feathers and trinkets to find and make you explore the more interesting and cool parts of the map. You can also raid forts and do liberation missions, and some naval side missions take you out of the colonies and out into the carribean. You can use money to upgrade your ship, buy maps for collectbles, new outfits, and cooler weapons. There is also an intricate hunting system, but it feels pointless because it's really easy to just go up and stab an animal right away. Some of the side missions where stupid and repetitive, such as delivering mail. The fast travel sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It's freaking annoying running all the ways across the map for something and extremely boring.The graphics look amazing for a 2012 game. Every texture is very detailed, and there where times where I was on top of a cliff and seeing the amazing forest landscape in front of me. During the cutscenes there are some weird facial glitches on the characters though. The sound effects are nothing special, but the soundtrack is **** amazing. The cool actiony music sounds very cool and actiony. The calm and spiritual music makes you feel calm and spiritual. The soundtrack alone makes the boring moments much less boring. Overall if you like assassins creed I can well recommend this. It's easy so anyone can play it and 100 preventing it will definitely keep you busy for a while, so you'll be getting your money's worth. If your just getting into the series like me, it teaches you everything just fine and the story easy to follow without having played the previous games. If you haven't played assassins creed at all yet then start playing them, there a lot of fun. (I've heard there all the same and this is the only one I've played so far). Expand
  15. Dec 7, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III's poor combat mechanics are made up for by a game which gives us perhaps the first proper open world in an Assassin's Creed game. The story won't do much for you, neither will the weak characters in it. Multiple environments on land are there to be explored as well as the open water. The introduction of naval combat, hunting and a nifty little homestead make Assassin'sAssassin's Creed III's poor combat mechanics are made up for by a game which gives us perhaps the first proper open world in an Assassin's Creed game. The story won't do much for you, neither will the weak characters in it. Multiple environments on land are there to be explored as well as the open water. The introduction of naval combat, hunting and a nifty little homestead make Assassin's Creed III the first in the series to give us sufficient freedom. Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2014
    One of my favorite Creed games, many dislike it for its story line, i'll admit it is very linear compared to AC2 but the gameplay of this game is great! There are many new items and weapons for you to use and new hunting features! Don't overlook this entry in the AC franchise
  17. Nov 12, 2014
    Amazing game. I don't see how anyone could dispute that statement. I'd never played an AC game before this but can now appreciate it's standing as one of the best modern game series. Technically it's pretty mindblowing what Ubi have been able to achieve on aging console hardware. It's obscenely detailed and captivating on many levels: period atmosphere, freedom of movement, intricate storyAmazing game. I don't see how anyone could dispute that statement. I'd never played an AC game before this but can now appreciate it's standing as one of the best modern game series. Technically it's pretty mindblowing what Ubi have been able to achieve on aging console hardware. It's obscenely detailed and captivating on many levels: period atmosphere, freedom of movement, intricate story and massive gameworld. My personal favorite element were the naval battles ..just stunning. Ubisoft have set the bar crazy high with this. Expand
  18. Aug 23, 2014
    I have made another user review that overdid the hatred a bit, this is to fix this, Assassins Creed 3 is an acceptable game It made steps in the series, some right and some wrong, Some of the right things is that is established it's own framework from which the game formed, it gave us new mechanics and gameplay. But Connor is such a bland character in relation to Haythem, I would ofI have made another user review that overdid the hatred a bit, this is to fix this, Assassins Creed 3 is an acceptable game It made steps in the series, some right and some wrong, Some of the right things is that is established it's own framework from which the game formed, it gave us new mechanics and gameplay. But Connor is such a bland character in relation to Haythem, I would of prefered to play the whole game as haythem. Also does this time period really appeal to anyone Outside the UK or America, you can't get an Australian like me to care about the things that those to carried on with, it just doesn't tick, the crusades and the renaissance as appealing to everyone, especially since the majority of us aren't in Italy, it helps boost the fanbase, and I shouldn't need to mention th time it takes to properly escape the linear boundries. In conclusion It's an OK game but it doesn't appeal to everyone. Expand
  19. Aug 22, 2014
    This game is quite possibly my favorite in the series. The hunting and tree climbing mechanics gave me a great sense of freedom, and running on the rooftops in the cities of the embryonic stages of America was great as well. The story was fantastic, making me really feel for Connor, and he is an excellent addition to the Assassin order, and using the tomahawk was super interesting andThis game is quite possibly my favorite in the series. The hunting and tree climbing mechanics gave me a great sense of freedom, and running on the rooftops in the cities of the embryonic stages of America was great as well. The story was fantastic, making me really feel for Connor, and he is an excellent addition to the Assassin order, and using the tomahawk was super interesting and fresh. The character design is excellent, the characters are great and it is just a great gaming experience overall. I loved fighting for my people, and what is right. this game still continues to amaze me with the fun I have playing it. Expand
  20. Aug 13, 2014
    AC III has problems. It's the ultimate example of AC's "everything and the kitchen sink" design philosphy where they decided to keep piling features in like it was a hoagie. It doesn't work, and results in a muddled experience. The story takes a more serious turn as we follow Connor, a man with a very black and white view of the world entering the morally gray colonial period. ConnorAC III has problems. It's the ultimate example of AC's "everything and the kitchen sink" design philosphy where they decided to keep piling features in like it was a hoagie. It doesn't work, and results in a muddled experience. The story takes a more serious turn as we follow Connor, a man with a very black and white view of the world entering the morally gray colonial period. Connor is a great character, earnest and sincere, who is not served well by the poor implementation of the time period. It's just a stiff, uninteresting mess all around. Multiplayer is once again its saving grace. Expand
  21. Jul 27, 2014
    Assassin Bug III. I think is not a bad game, it´s a really good game, and ok it´s too late to do something years ago. But the bugs kill the game experience, the part of the house it´s great, the documentation of the buildings are nosey, but when you are inside the story and soldiers disappear, the instructions aren´t clear or the target appears in the middle of nothing...
  22. Jul 23, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III has come under a lot of criticism from fans, but I don't see why. It gives you a fresh assassin and a brand new time period. I really enjoyed moving about in the forests and climbing and scaling large buildings in the sprawling cities. The combat is greatly improved, easily being the best in the series. Its story is full of twists and turns to keep you guessing, andAssassin's Creed III has come under a lot of criticism from fans, but I don't see why. It gives you a fresh assassin and a brand new time period. I really enjoyed moving about in the forests and climbing and scaling large buildings in the sprawling cities. The combat is greatly improved, easily being the best in the series. Its story is full of twists and turns to keep you guessing, and there is a brand new hunting mechanic, which fits well. All in all, many may hate it, but I for one see the true brilliance inside it. Expand
  23. Jul 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played games since the original XBOX came out, so I do know what I'm talking about. I've also loved the Assassin's Creed franchise from the start of it. And personally, this game was a joke. The story is based out on during the Revolutionary War, yet, most of the entire story has nothing to do with it! When I saw trailers and gameplays, it was at a scene of an actually battle, making the player/buyer think that you are going to be in a lot of the actually battles between the Redcoats and the Patriots. But you aren't. All it really is is you running around trying to kill templars that have barely anything to do with the actual revolution. In after Assassin's Creed Revalations, i thought Ubisoft had given up. Luckily they were able to get there priorities strait for Assassin's Creed Black Flag, which was a good game. So please, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  24. Jul 15, 2014
    The only reason I gave it as high as a 4 and not a flat 0 is because of how much I love using the tomahawk. And Haytham Kenway. Connor is just so hard to like.
  25. Jul 14, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III is the not the bad game it has been worked up to be. The story is actually quite good, and Connor is an interesting character. My only issue is that the gameplay does not feel as fluid, and is full of glitches.
  26. Jul 3, 2014
    Well lets start by saying im an assassins creed fan. Ive got them all completed them all and loved them all. Ac 3 was a great audition to the series I think the whole map was great, the hunting was good in the snowey forests. Lots of people hated the character but I think he was the best assassin out of them all, maybe im the only one, I loved the story that he wanted to save his littleWell lets start by saying im an assassins creed fan. Ive got them all completed them all and loved them all. Ac 3 was a great audition to the series I think the whole map was great, the hunting was good in the snowey forests. Lots of people hated the character but I think he was the best assassin out of them all, maybe im the only one, I loved the story that he wanted to save his little camp and family from the bad guys. I loved going round taking over the forts that were about, I thought that was a nice touch to the game, this isn't my best ac but it is still a 10 for me. Expand
  27. Jun 27, 2014
    I am big fan of the saga, but it game I thought very weak, few hours of gameplay, worst story just graphic is crazy this very beautiful.
    The person is very weak too.
  28. Jun 18, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III. Before I reviewed this game I played Assassin's Creed II. Most people seemed to love that game, but for some reason, I didn't. I thought the game was just plain overrated, and was mediocre at best. It's a game that you should really try before you buy. Having played through the sequel now, I have to say that this game has improved upon its predecessor in most ofAssassin's Creed III. Before I reviewed this game I played Assassin's Creed II. Most people seemed to love that game, but for some reason, I didn't. I thought the game was just plain overrated, and was mediocre at best. It's a game that you should really try before you buy. Having played through the sequel now, I have to say that this game has improved upon its predecessor in most of its flaws. So, does this game present a nice rendition of the American Revolution, or was it the right move for this game not to written in the U.S. Constitution? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is definitely better than Assassin's Creed II. However, that's not really saying much. The game is still little more than Grand Theft Auto set during the American Revolution. It provides quite a bit for an open world game, but is still nothing we haven't seen before. Of course, there are no cars to steal and drive, so you pretty much have to run everywhere. Running in this game can be fun, but it still isn't nearly as fun as stealing someone's car, and driving off. The open world is set in the cities of Boston and New York in the 1700s. There's a lot to enjoy in these cities. There are plenty of missions to undertake, a few mini games, and even some enemy bases to take. There's a lot to enjoy in these two cities, along with the wilderness surrounding them, but none of it will blow your socks off as none of it is anything we haven't seen before. The combat in this game is literally a copy and paste of the Batman Arkham series. It is an improvement over Assassin's Creed II's clunky combat, but it is still hard to excuse that it just stole this from Batman. It has many of the same beat'em up mechanics. The stealth is slightly different however. Despite this, the stealth in this game is actually worse than Arkham's. It can be hard to figure out when the perfect time to switch to stealth is, and when to beat people up. This can detract from the overall experience, and make it much less fun. Overall though, the gameplay of Assassin's Creed III is an improvement upon the second game, but is still nothing we haven't seen before. The graphics on the other hand, have had a huge improvement from the second Assassin's Creed. This time, they are actually great looking. In fact they are on par with many of the games released on the Xbox 360. It is not as good as Just Cause 2 or Grand Theft Auto IV, but it is still a beautiful looking game nonetheless. The characters and environments all look very good and rich with detail in this game. They may not be on par with some of its competitors, but they still look very good. As for the story, that's the only part of this game that has unfortunately seen no improvement over its predecessor. The story in this game is still absolutely terrible, just like the last game. The first thing I noticed after completing the story was how much of the game was a complete rip-off of Star Wars. Seriously, the main villain of this game is actually the main character's father, and his reveal is just terrible compared to Darth Vader's reveal to being Luke's father in Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back. Also there is a war within a war going on between the Assassin's and Templars while the Americans are fighting the British. This is basically the same thing as the Jedi fighting the Sith during the war between the Rebellion and the Empire. Also, the main character once again has everything taken from him, and it is almost exactly the same as Luke Skywalker this time. As for the storyline set in the present, all I can say is this: remove it. Just remove it from this game entirely. It is everyone's least favorite part of the story. It just makes the plot of this game more confusing than it should be, and it is still a Matrix rip-off. Plus, the ending is so terrible! I won't spoil it, but let's just say the main character has to make a choice, and you don't even get to make it for him! Overall, the story of this game is about as bad as a video game story can get. Overall, this game took several steps forward, but then it took several steps back. It is a decent game, but still not enough to take it out of a worth a rent status. It is better than ACII, but still not that great. I recommend this game to anyone who likes the American Revolution. Everyone else should just rent it, and nothing else.
    Gameplay: 6/10
    Graphics: 8/10
    Story: 3/10
    Overall: 6/10
  29. Jun 15, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III continues the experiences of Desmond and the team, and moves on to two new ancestors of Desmond, Haytham & Connor, who are father and son respectfully. AC3 takes forever to get started, you actually play as Connor, but for the first two sequences you play as Haytham. This become rather droll and the story in the overall game moves very slow and with uneven speed. ThisAssassin's Creed III continues the experiences of Desmond and the team, and moves on to two new ancestors of Desmond, Haytham & Connor, who are father and son respectfully. AC3 takes forever to get started, you actually play as Connor, but for the first two sequences you play as Haytham. This become rather droll and the story in the overall game moves very slow and with uneven speed. This iteration of the series is also very cinematic heavy, you'll perhaps do 3-5 minutes of actual playing followed by a 1 - 2 minute cinematic (you can skip the cinematics, but then the plot is basically meaningless). This iteration feels very much rushed, a lot of things go wrong in the game.

As most people have reviewed this game is plagued with bugs and glitches, now I actually am a game programmer myself (I even have a degree in it), and some of the bugs that have gotten through quality control are absolutely absurd. I had hoped that a few years down the road that most of the important and game break bugs would be fixed, but they aren't. I know the Xbox 360 doesn't have the most advanced hardware specs and given the size of the worlds the Assassin's Creed series has come to be known for, but this is a bit too much.

I can't count the number of times I'll be walking (this is later in the game around sequence 9 for whatever reason) and I'll be incognito and walk past a guard and suddenly all the guards in the area will attack me as if I had been Notoriety Level 3. This is awful, because it happens repeatedly, and I'm not talking 1 or 2 guards, I'm talking upwards of 7 - 10, not all of them infantry that can be killed using simply counters. I've also seen (and took a picture, wish I could post it) a manikin sitting on the seat of a hay trailer, it's like the texture for whatever person was supposed to be there is missing so what I see if the plain white model of a human. Also something you'll notice and these are actually acceptable bugs considering the limitations of the hardware, but texture pop-ins are a thing you'll have to get used too. You can be riding your horse and getting to a bridge and clearly see that when your about 50 meters from the bridge the higher resolution texture will pop-in and if you're running in a grassy area you can see the grass actually grow right in front of you. They just overlay the ground ahead of the player with a texture of grass, then as you get closer to be able to interact with it they pop the model in, well it's like watching time move fast because the grass will grow right before your very eyes.

I'm hoping that future iterations of the Assassin's Creed series will be benefited by the new hardware from the Xbox One and Playstation 4. I'd suggest you play this game only for the story to find what becomes of Desmond, but if you're looking for the charming character development like Ezio or anything like Brotherhood/II you'll be sadly disappointed.
  30. May 27, 2014
    Very good gameplay and graphics. A lot of things changed since the first ACs, but it's still one of my favorites. Walking with Connor through the woods, covered in snow, the naval battles, the tomahawk (haha), all of this make an unique scenario for the Colonial United States.
  31. Mar 7, 2013
    Assassins Creed 3 feels like a remarkable step forward for the AC franchise. The Countryside blooms with greenery and rural pastures. The cities are bustling and there are some remarkable sights to behold, especially in the new naval battles. The combat is much improved, with advanced AI, demanding strategic fighting acumen to fend off. Unfortunately despite the brilliance, AC3 has the badAssassins Creed 3 feels like a remarkable step forward for the AC franchise. The Countryside blooms with greenery and rural pastures. The cities are bustling and there are some remarkable sights to behold, especially in the new naval battles. The combat is much improved, with advanced AI, demanding strategic fighting acumen to fend off. Unfortunately despite the brilliance, AC3 has the bad habit of giving you excellent missions, with grandeur aesthetics and a palpable sense of scale, right before giving you tedious missions where one misstep triggers an instant failure. Connor is also an emotionless bore, really anchoring the sense of attachment which made Ezio so lovable and endearing. Assassins Creed 3 is a great sequel in a franchise filled with great games. But this isn't the AC we expected, for every brilliant mission comes a handful of truly rote and unfair ones. Luckily AC3 at its best provide some of the greatest moments in the franchise. Collapse

1. Dec 5, 2012
    At least the petty indignities of the multiplayer are optional and situated around gameplay that's solid and unique, if frustratingly stagnant. In the single-player campaign, however, it's impossible to escape the ham-fisted manipulations of the Assassin's Creed III development team.
    Assassin's Creed III is a pretty damn fine game. It loses none of what makes the series fun with the translation to another time and continent, and creates a whole new set of experiences which define the franchise. The biggest issue, if there is one, are the small technical issues, but these niggling technical issues only seem worse because everything else is such a great experience.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 1, 2012
    Like any game of such scope, not every part of it is perfect. Yet, taken as a whole, there is very little that can compete with its wonderful, lavish, historical playground. [Issue#91, p.22]